Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

S02.E09: Life's a Beach

Recommended Posts


Dominique will never be winning an Emmy.  But she has her moments where she's hilarious.  The take down of the snooty woman in the restaurant had me burst out laughing.  And of course she would rent a car without having a valid license. 

Sucks that Blanca lost her salon though it was bound to happen, but her summer fling was cuuuuuute. 

After a lot of down moments this season, it needed an episode like this to be cheerful and lively.  

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

I keep saying this, but damn, the music tonight was on point! I was jamming throughout the episode.

I loved seeing the girls have a weekend bonding trip. I thought Elektra had another outstanding episode. Pulling up Blanca when she was moping and down, treating her friends to a weekend on the beach, getting the fake license to rent the car, telling off that rich snobby White woman, telling the wealthy guy with the fetish the hard truth, and that final farewell moment with Candy. I like that people keep bringing up Candy because it is realistic that people still think and talk about her. I liked the consistent storytelling with Elektra continuing to have to deal with the dead body in her room.

I was glad that Blanca had that wonderful romantic moment on the beach after losing her salon. I was surprised that Adrian called. We'll see how that relationship plays out.

All the women looked fabulous. Elektra is so damn tall. 

I cracked up at the rich snobby White woman's pointed belt. I remember when they were the style, everyone had them and I was desperate to get one. Bwah. It is these touches that give the show its authenticity. 

I really hope that Angel has stopped using, but it seems a bit too easy. She and Papi are still adorable.

Fredricka is just downright evil.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

I liked this episode!  It was fun and light-hearted, although it did have a few pointed messages (every time I hear that plinking tone in the background, I think of "Don't be a Menace" and its Messages).

I loved Elecktra's and Angel's bathing suits.  I laughed when everyone brought out their weapons to give to Blanca on her walk.

Elecktra is so loud and dramatic, I kept laughing at everything she did this episode. 

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

For some reason I thought this was the season finale- glad I was wrong!

I enjoyed this episode. Can we have one or two of these a season where the characters are mostly having fun? The music WAS awesome. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

So we're revisiting the trunk and I'm here for it. Loved the hanging of the pine tree air fresheners 😆

I'm with Blanca on the beach thing. Why go and not get in the water?? I was kind of suspicious of the lifeguard being a little too nice... We shall see

I couldn't decide if the girls were too black or too trans for the country club but I enjoyed Elektra's read nonetheless. 

I didn't totally hate Candy's appearance this week but that's enough now. 

En Vogue!!! 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Is it wrong for an old man to tear up watching Blanca being properly kissed on a moonlit beach?  The beautiful three-chord piano phrase which was used as Blanca's "romantic' theme is identical to a song called "Sarah," which was taken from a final letter from a Union soldier to his wife just before he was killed in battle.*  

Easily my favorite ep this season.

LOVED Elektra driving right smack dab down the middle of the road, utterly oblivious to everyone stuck behind her!  I'm quite certain had I been one of those poor slobs similarly caught I would feel differently.  😉

The table smackdown was classic.  I was never worried since Elektra was used to dealing with the likes of Susie McBeyotchface as a hostess at Indochine.  It was so great when Lulu upbraided her for not going with her signature table-clearing move.

Insurance would have been prohibitive for Blanca at that location.  Impossible without a written lease.  Grrrr.

It was so heartening to see an unaltered and vibrant Angel.  

I hope I can hang on to this wonderful feeling for days.

*The link is to a sublime performance of this song by Leslie Odom, Jr. with the Boston Pops.  Please do look up the lyrics before you play it.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t buy that Long Island witch clocking the girls. They all pass. Angel is a the Bebe girl, for crying out loud! I can buy the LI witch being a racist in that scenario. Fun episode though!

I really like LuLu now. She was a mean girl when paired with Candy. 

Glad the mummy trunk was brought up again. I knew it would smell. Elektra’s apartment is pretty fab. I think we’ve seen only the bedroom before.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

This was such a fun episode!  It was a refreshing change from the last few episodes. Angel and Electra were serving it in their bathing suits; yaaass, queens!

Little Miss Buffy should have sat there and ate her food; Electra stays ready for the smoke. I enjoyed that volumes 1 & 2 reads she gave to that snotty broad--and stopped to hydrate before she was finished!!! LOL!

I'm cautiously glad to hear Angel is clean, I just hope she's not lying to Blanca--speaking of....

That trip could not have come at a better time for Blanca'---she needed it---and she met a man!!, Now that she's an empty nester, it would be nice to have someone other than her kids to keep her company. 

Edited by sereion
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

C'mon show. Y'all know damn well that all 4 actresses easily pass, especially if you look at old photos of actual trans women of the the time period and place the show represents. It irks (almost feels like trolling) when they have the characters worry about that.

I like Adrian but I am worried about him finding out about Blanca's status. Even though he is studying to be a doctor, accepting that your new crush has AIDS is a lot, especially in 1990. But I am glad she had this weekend to let her hair down.

Loved Elektra's read of that racist bitch. Although, IRL, Electra and them would have been kicked out of the restaurant even though Karen started it.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Loved this episode— it was like the Pose version of Sex and the City.

Quote

I don’t buy that Long Island witch clocking the girls. They all pass. Angel is a the Bebe girl, for crying out loud! I can buy the LI witch being a racist in that scenario. Fun episode though!

I thought for a second that the joke was going to be that when they’re on the beach wondering if the people staring at them were clocking them, one of the beach people was going to come up and be “aren’t you the girl from the Bebe ads?”

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

This episode I am not deleting.

Still watching, but:

It was corny, but sweet and adorable. 

I am rooting for Blanca sooooo much, even though MJ needs to work one-on-one with her acting coach. More times per week.

Adrian is a little too good to be true. Hope the other Blahnik doesn’t drop.

They all looked gorgeous in their swimsuits and Hamptons togs!

I want to be Elektra just so I can mind-read WASPs.

(Why was Elektra so much nicer in this episode?)

Girls enjoying the music in the car was so fun, but it made me nervous when they stuck their heads out the window.

Forever Your Girl is a huge favorite and takes me right back. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

I don’t buy that Long Island witch clocking the girls. They all pass.

Right.  At most, I could see them possibly wondering about Elektra given her height but that's all I could believe---that they'd potentially wonder, whisper and gossip at their table.  There's no way they'd be certain enough to confront them about that.  She'd continue coded racism about "genteel manners."

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Elektra’s comment re the luxurious life and choosing loneliness. Heartbreaking.

(Although I have never heard it pronounced “lug zur ee uss” by anyone else IRL.)

  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

The Angel actress is so talented. She should do stand-up. She really makes me laugh. The physical movements, too.

I loved the “men are so weird” response to the S&M guy’s requests.

Duct tape sounds painful.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Loved all the girls together for a weekend away. What's better than having the radio blaring, windows down, singing along, and dancing in your seat? Breezy, and light, and wonderful. What a treat after the recent heaviness.

Love when Elektra shows her heart.
(And loved when she stopped to hydrate while confronting that woman.)

Blanca so deserved something good in her life. Even if Adrian seems unrealistic, I don't care. Blanca needs some good, at least for a while. 

Sigh. Season finale next week. Not ready for it to end. Already can't wait to see next season.

Edited by justmehere
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

After some really heavy/sad episodes this season, it was nice to get such a happy and lighthearted road trip with the girls. The look on Papi's face when he saw what a terrible driver Elektra was totally cracked me up (as did Elektra parking on that rich guy's grass).

Elektra really made this episode. She was consistently hilarious with everyone from her client to that bitch Becky. I liked all the references to the body in her closet getting smelly and her calm resolve about it all.

Despite being forced to take swimming in high school, I still can't swim but I still go in the water. I just don't go in very deep. I don't know why Lulu and Elektra wouldn't just wade into the water and get their feet wet. Going into the water doesn't mean you have to get soaking wet from head to toe!

Awww, I loved that Blanca got to have a little summer loving. And I loved how happy the other girls were when she told them about it.

One of my favorite scenes was everyone singing En Vogue while they drove home. That is one of the hallmarks of a good road trip!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I'm with Blanca on the beach thing. Why go and not get in the water??

I love the water and am a very good swimmer but my best friend doesn't really, and doesn't swim that well. We went to Jamaica together in college and she didn't get in the water. Even if you can't swim or don't want to get your hair wet, you can put your feet in!

3 hours ago, justmehere said:

(And loved when she stopped to hydrate while confronting that woman.)

And STILL maintained control of the conversation. I DIED.

GET IT BLANCA. Adrian was FINE. Even if it was just a one-time thing, he was so sweet and cute and it would be a nice thing to look back on. And then he called!

The inside of that man's suit must fucking REEK.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

C'mon show. Y'all know damn well that all 4 actresses easily pass, especially if you look at old photos of actual trans women of the the time period and place the show represents. It irks (almost feels like trolling) when they have the characters worry about that.

But for me, on this show, the only one I see passing is LuLu.  Also I know people talk about about how gorgeous Angel is but...... 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

C'mon show. Y'all know damn well that all 4 actresses easily pass, especially if you look at old photos of actual trans women of the the time period and place the show represents. It irks (almost feels like trolling) when they have the characters worry about that.

I think in these instances we are supposed to use “tv logic”- where everyone on tv is insanely gorgeous and thin, so when a female character complains about being the “fat ugly one” she wears glasses, and a pony tail, and MAYBE has a buttocks. 

In the universe of Pose I can see Electrka being “clocked” for her height, and Blanca being self conscious about being thin and petite (without the breasts, hips and buttocks of someone like Lulu). Lulu absolutely passes even in “Pose world” due to the way her body fat is distributed along the lines of what @Ohwell mentioned above. 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Loved, loved, loved this episode!  Cracked up by Elektra and her comments (what did she say in the sweltering apartment- something like "I feel like I've been fucked by Satan in the 7th Circle")?  

Frankly, I think all of our gals would "pass" pretty easily.   IRL, the snobby white bitch would have her panties in a twist by our gang being women of color and "vulgar" in their fashion taste.   In 1990, them being "Trans" (unless very obvious) wouldn't have really been thought of - them being Black and Latina - that's another story altogether.    I live on Long Island, and even in 2019, it is one of the most racially segregated parts of the US; back in 1990 - you can imagine.  

I'm just hoping that the finale ends on a high note! 

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Enough with Ghost Candy already!!! Did the actress have a clause in her contract that she had to have a minimum of one scene per episode even if her character was killed off? And why does everyone hallucinate her separately, even in group settings where every other character has also hallucinated her, but never together? Candy needs to start charging per minute for her haunting.

Overall, really fun episode and refreshingly relaxing in a very heavy season. I did kind of roll my eyes at Blanca's Manic Pixie Dream Guy ("I gave you CPR and thought you were so sexy! Wanna go on a date? Also I know you're trans magically somehow but it's cool, let's make out!"

Electra works much better as comic relief/Snark Mom than villain. Her trying to mask the stench of decay with a constellation of individual car fresheners made me laugh.   

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know who played Joe? He looked and sounded so familiar but I never got a good look at his face, it was either upside down or partly covered by the mask. 

I also don’t buy that the women in the restaurant clocked them as being trans. Not looking the way they do, in that time period. No way. I expected her to come over and complain they were being too Black loud but when she said she knew they were “men in dresses,” bitch please. No way would she know that with such certainty! 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I loved having such a fun, breezy episode after so much darkness and drama in the last few episodes. Yeah there were still issues (poor Blanca and her salon!) happening, but sometimes there isn't anything better than just driving down the highway on a sunny day singing along to the radio with your friends. But maybe next time, dont let Elektra drive!

I have to agree with others here, the rich asshole lady clocking them instantly as trans seemed to be a bit much, especially for 1990. They all pass pretty well to me, and thats in 2019 when trans people are much more visible in the public landscape. In 1990, even if she "works in the city" it seems like she wouldn't have jumped to that so quickly. I would assume she would give them shit for being women of color in this all white country club. Some heavily coded crap about "proper decorum" or something. However, it was totally worth it to see Elektra read that lady for filth. And made sure to hydrate in the middle!

So glad that Blanca has found some loving, even if its just a summer fling. She deserves it after everything she has gone through. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

I also don’t buy that the women in the restaurant clocked them as being trans. Not looking the way they do, in that time period. No way. I expected her to come over and complain they were being too Black loud but when she said she knew they were “men in dresses,” bitch please. No way would she know that with such certainty! 

Remember, she works in the city, so she "knows such things". Though, I was very naive back then (only a little naive now), and my knowledge of trans people would have been characters (usually prostitutes) in Law and Order.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cotypubby said:

I also don’t buy that the women in the restaurant clocked them as being trans. Not looking the way they do, in that time period. No way. I expected her to come over and complain they were being too Black loud but when she said she knew they were “men in dresses,” bitch please. No way would she know that with such certainty! 

Me neither. I initially thought it was going to be a race thing, not a trans thing (though it was probably both).

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

C'mon show. Y'all know damn well that all 4 actresses easily pass, especially if you look at old photos of actual trans women of the the time period and place the show represents. It irks (almost feels like trolling) when they have the characters worry about that.

I like Adrian but I am worried about him finding out about Blanca's status. Even though he is studying to be a doctor, accepting that your new crush has AIDS is a lot, especially in 1990. But I am glad she had this weekend to let her hair down.

Loved Elektra's read of that racist bitch. Although, IRL, Electra and them would have been kicked out of the restaurant even though Karen started it.

18 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

Loved this episode— it was like the Pose version of Sex and the City.

I thought for a second that the joke was going to be that when they’re on the beach wondering if the people staring at them were clocking them, one of the beach people was going to come up and be “aren’t you the girl from the Bebe ads?”

18 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Right.  At most, I could see them possibly wondering about Elektra given her height but that's all I could believe---that they'd potentially wonder, whisper and gossip at their table.  There's no way they'd be certain enough to confront them about that.  She'd continue coded racism about "genteel manners."

9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think in these instances we are supposed to use “tv logic”- where everyone on tv is insanely gorgeous and thin, so when a female character complains about being the “fat ugly one” she wears glasses, and a pony tail, and MAYBE has a buttocks. 

In the universe of Pose I can see Electrka being “clocked” for her height, and Blanca being self conscious about being thin and petite (without the breasts, hips and buttocks of someone like Lulu). Lulu absolutely passes even in “Pose world” due to the way her body fat is distributed along the lines of what @Ohwell mentioned above. 

8 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

Does anyone know who played Joe? He looked and sounded so familiar but I never got a good look at his face, it was either upside down or partly covered by the mask. 

I also don’t buy that the women in the restaurant clocked them as being trans. Not looking the way they do, in that time period. No way. I expected her to come over and complain they were being too Black loud but when she said she knew they were “men in dresses,” bitch please. No way would she know that with such certainty! 

All the ladies looked stunning. There is no way that frumpy woman would of clocked them unless she had X-ray vision. That still would not have worked since Electra is post-op and the rest were tucked really well.

A great episode. It really does show the unfairness of life that the owner of the house did not appreciate what he has.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
 
 
 
 
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Duct tape sounds painful.

Speaking of that...

I've heard drag queens complain about how uncomfortable it is to stay "tucked" for an entire evening of performing. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable it would be for Blanca, Angel and Lulu to have super-tight tucks in those swimsuits all day long. If I were Blanca, I wouldn't have changed out of my shorts into that swimsuit until the minute before I hit the beach.

Anyway, I have to call BS on the moment when one of the characters (I think it was Lulu) was encouraging Blanca to go on a walk alone with the lifeguard, and someone pointed out the danger of it, and the character said, "I forgot about that."

I'm not buying for a second that a trans woman would forget that it can be dangerous for another trans woman to go off with a strange man who presumably doesn't know she's trans. Especially in 1990. They just buried Candy!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

So we're revisiting the trunk and I'm here for it. Loved the hanging of the pine tree air fresheners 😆

I'm with Blanca on the beach thing. Why go and not get in the water?? I was kind of suspicious of the lifeguard being a little too nice... We shall see

I couldn't decide if the girls were too black or too trans for the country club but I enjoyed Elektra's read nonetheless. 

I didn't totally hate Candy's appearance this week but that's enough now. 

En Vogue!!! 

Did someone use those pine fresheners in the film Se7en?

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

C'mon show. Y'all know damn well that all 4 actresses easily pass, especially if you look at old photos of actual trans women of the the time period and place the show represents. It irks (almost feels like trolling) when they have the characters worry about that.

I like Adrian but I am worried about him finding out about Blanca's status. Even though he is studying to be a doctor, accepting that your new crush has AIDS is a lot, especially in 1990. But I am glad she had this weekend to let her hair down.

Loved Elektra's read of that racist bitch. Although, IRL, Electra and them would have been kicked out of the restaurant even though Karen started it.

The only thing I can think of is Elektra’s height and a couple of their shoulder to waist measurement ratios giving the WASPs something to tip them off?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Elektra was going to drive off the road when she saw Ghost Candy in the back.  Also, I didn't think it was funny when she was driving in the middle of the road because she really could have caused an accident.  I would have given her the finger too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, justmehere said:


(And loved when she stopped to hydrate while confronting that woman.)

And didn’t Lulu narrate with something like, “That’s right, lubricate”?

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, hula-la said:

Remember, she works in the city, so she "knows such things". Though, I was very naive back then (only a little naive now), and my knowledge of trans people would have been characters (usually prostitutes) in Law and Order.

My knowledge was from driving around Chelsea (where Bed Bath & Beyond is now) in a taxi really late at night and seeing trans prostitutes. Their shoulders were very broad. Very big hair, too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I've been a lurker, enjoying the show and reading the postings after each episode.  I've been wondering about the "tucking" from the very beginning, but was too embarrassed, or maybe too naive to ask anything about it.  Some of the outfits the girls are wearing are so short and tight.  The swim suits last night were beautiful and they all looked stunning.  I thought to myself, "how is that even possible?"  But, duct tape and tucking were mentioned above, so here goes...  How is that possible?  Where are things tucked at/in?  Being tucked all day?  What happens when they need to go to the bathroom?  Especially after drinking in the afternoon and at dinner?  Oh my, there is so much I don't know.  

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:
18 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Did someone use those pine fresheners in the film Se7en?

The fact that you put the number in the title means you're my kind of special. Now you're gonna make me go and watch it! Not that it takes much, I love that movie and I'm about due for a re watch

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

And didn’t Lulu narrate with something like, “That’s right, lubricate”?

It sounded like Angel to me.  I feel that was an ad lib and if so, it was GLORIOUS. 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

After some really heavy/sad episodes this season, it was nice to get such a happy and lighthearted road trip with the girls. The look on Papi's face when he saw what a terrible driver Elektra was totally cracked me up (as did Elektra parking on that rich guy's grass).

Lol!  I thought Papi was laughing about those kids spraying Angel in the face with water while she was hanging out the window!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, wetmoregal said:

I've been a lurker, enjoying the show and reading the postings after each episode.  I've been wondering about the "tucking" from the very beginning, but was too embarrassed, or maybe too naive to ask anything about it.  Some of the outfits the girls are wearing are so short and tight.  The swim suits last night were beautiful and they all looked stunning.  I thought to myself, "how is that even possible?"  But, duct tape and tucking were mentioned above, so here goes...  How is that possible?  Where are things tucked at/in?  Being tucked all day?  What happens when they need to go to the bathroom?  Especially after drinking in the afternoon and at dinner?  Oh my, there is so much I don't know.  

I'm right there with you wetmoregal...and have another question to ask: When Blanca is being touched & kissed, does she have to block out her feelings so as not to get an erection?

Also, someone upthread mentioned Electra (the character) was post-op. Do we also know if she is post-op in real life?  Are all the ladies post-op (in real life)?...because they all looked great in their bathing suits!

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

@wetmoregal & @MsTree within the universe of Pose it’s been confirmed that Angel and Electrka have been on hormone therapy for several years (Electrka had bottom surgery last year). I assume all the women have had access to hormones. After hormone treatments genital function and size changes for transgender people (both FTM and MTF). After months/years of hormones a trans woman’s genitals are not going to function exactly like a cis man’s, which makes tucking easier.

In “real life” it’s impolite to ask someone what surgeries they’ve had (unless they volunteer the information of course). So I don’t know about the actresses, Laverne Cox is the only mainstream trans woman actress who’s talked in detail about her surgeries (that I’m aware of). 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@wetmoregal & @MsTree within the universe of Pose it’s been confirmed that Angel and Electrka have been on hormone therapy for several years (Electrka had bottom surgery last year). I assume all the women have had access to hormones. After hormone treatments genital function and size changes for transgender people (both FTM and MTF). After months/years of hormones a trans woman’s genitals are not going to function exactly like a cis man’s, which makes tucking easier.

In “real life” it’s impolite to ask someone what surgeries they’ve had (unless they volunteer the information of course). So I don’t know about the actresses, Laverne Cox is the only mainstream trans woman actress who’s talked in detail about her surgeries (that I’m aware of). 

I was curious about that when Blanca snapped at Electra at the very beginning regarding her swimming suit and what she could wear.  Blanca said something along the lines of, “I’m not like you other girls!” which confused me.  I knew Electra had had bottom surgery, but I didn’t think Angel had and I didn’t know about Lulu.  I assumed all of the women had had hormone therapy, but maybe Blanca hasn’t and that’s why she said she wasn’t like them?  That confused me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, eejm said:

I was curious about that when Blanca snapped at Electra at the very beginning regarding her swimming suit and what she could wear.  Blanca said something along the lines of, “I’m not like you other girls!” which confused me.  I knew Electra had had bottom surgery, but I didn’t think Angel had and I didn’t know about Lulu.  I assumed all of the women had had hormone therapy, but maybe Blanca hasn’t and that’s why she said she wasn’t like them?  That confused me.

I think Blanca meant that she didn’t have their curves/couldn’t pass as easily.

We’ve been given no reason to think any of the main characters have had bottom surgery, except Elektra. Angel has a decent-sized penis, based on what Stan said in season one.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

Angel has a decent-sized penis, based on what Stan said in season one.

IIRC the sleazy photographer also referenced Angel's anatomy as still being intact. That's why him releasing those pics would be such a scandal.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, eejm said:

I was curious about that when Blanca snapped at Electra at the very beginning regarding her swimming suit and what she could wear.  Blanca said something along the lines of, “I’m not like you other girls!” which confused me.  I knew Electra had had bottom surgery, but I didn’t think Angel had and I didn’t know about Lulu.  I assumed all of the women had had hormone therapy, but maybe Blanca hasn’t and that’s why she said she wasn’t like them?  That confused me.

19 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

I think Blanca meant that she didn’t have their curves/couldn’t pass as easily.

We’ve been given no reason to think any of the main characters have had bottom surgery, except Elektra. Angel has a decent-sized penis, based on what Stan said in season one.

It has been said over and over again that Blanca has a hard time passing and it is really hard to believe since she is such a stunning woman who can really rock those early nineties fashions. To me, Blanca passes way more easily than Electra because she is petite. Caitlyn Jenner is an example of a trans woman that will probably always have a hard time passing despite all her money.

I love the actress who plays Blanca but because she is so feminine it really makes all the “Blanca” can’t pass comments and scenes very confusing. There was no way Patti Lupone’s stupid goon of a son would be able to clock her so easily. Hell, he would be more likely to hit on her than clock her.

Also, Electra is very attractive but to me she has the most manly features of all the girls including ghost Candi. Yet, she is the one who most easily passes in this world. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It has been said over and over again that Blanca has a hard time passing and it is really hard to believe since she is such a stunning woman who can really rock those early nineties fashions. To me, Blanca passes way more easily than Electra because she is petite. Caitlyn Jenner is an example of a trans woman that will probably always have a hard time passing despite all her money.

I love the actress who plays Blanca but because she is so feminine it really makes all the “Blanca” can’t pass comments and scenes very confusing. There was no way Patti Lupone’s stupid goon of a son would be able to clock her so easily. Hell, he would be more likely to hit on her than clock her.

Also, Electra is very attractive but to me she has the most manly features of all the girls including ghost Candi. Yet, she is the one who most easily passes in this world. 

 I have the same impression of Blanca - she and Lulu are the most physically feminine-looking to me of all the characters.  I understand Blanca’s (and last year, Candy’s) insecurities about not being curvy, but a lot of cis women aren’t curvy either.  That doesn’t have much impact to me on whether or not they can pass.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It has been said over and over again that Blanca has a hard time passing and it is really hard to believe since she is such a stunning woman who can really rock those early nineties fashions. To me, Blanca passes way more easily than Electra because she is petite. Caitlyn Jenner is an example of a trans woman that will probably always have a hard time passing despite all her money.

I love the actress who plays Blanca but because she is so feminine it really makes all the “Blanca” can’t pass comments and scenes very confusing. There was no way Patti Lupone’s stupid goon of a son would be able to clock her so easily. Hell, he would be more likely to hit on her than clock her.

Also, Electra is very attractive but to me she has the most manly features of all the girls including ghost Candi. Yet, she is the one who most easily passes in this world. 

It’s tv logic. Like how “glasses and a ponytail” make a gorgeous woman an “ugly duckling”, and 2 pounds of body fat in a less than desirable place with a baggy sweatshirt make her “fat”. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Literally the only thing I ever notice/"clock" about Blanca is what seems like a slight bit of strabismus. Which of course is irrelevant to gender. 

With Elektra it's usually just 'whoa, that bitch is tall'. 

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size