Type keyword(s) to search

DOOL's Digital Series

• Start Topic

On 1/23/2020 at 11:34 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Was anyone else weirded out by Belle sexing up Shawn just after he was almost raped...? While he's still tied to the bed and wearing baseball pants? ☹️ Not the moment, Belle.

Yea, that was really gross. I almost thought it was another weird fantasy sequence or something because it was just so stupid.

• Love 1

Did they ever say if they had another one of these in the works? I feel like they probably would have already filmed something for release in August and are just waiting to announce it...

Please read the first page in this thread to refresh your memory of the rules concerning the digital spinoffs.  

Details of the spinoff might be spoilery for the main show.  Or they might end up having nothing to do with the main show.  Time will tell.

18 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Unless the long term plan is to have Days transition to Peacock and leave broadcast network entirely.

Hasn't that been what we've been speculating about for the past few years?  We don't know when it'll happen; just that it's likely to happen.

• Love 4

Yeah....I'm not expecting anything genius here. Just a multi-chapter mystery starring Billie. 

Is she an interesting character, though? Can she carry this ISA persona off? I never got the vibe that Lisa could in her previous returns...she didn't read (Reed? lol) as a cop to me...but whatever.

Happy to see more digital stuff for the sake of the show. Especially happy if we get more Will.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

This is one way to ruin the CIN cliffhanger,   

where did it say Will was showing up?

I would watch it for him

Well Chad is visiting friends in Phoenix according to the description which is where Will/Sonny live now. Unless Chad actually has other friends but I doubt it.

18 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah....I'm not expecting anything genius here. Just a multi-chapter mystery starring Billie. 

Is she an interesting character, though? Can she carry this ISA persona off? I never got the vibe that Lisa could in her previous returns...she didn't read (Reed? lol) as a cop to me...but whatever.

Happy to see more digital stuff for the sake of the show. Especially happy if we get more Will.

I think of all the Billie's LR's I could believe was a cop/agent. I didn't mind her last visit when she came for ISA business with John/Steve. 

Acting wise Julie Pinson was the best but LR's Billie had better moments on the show for me. 

That being said LR's Billie hasn't been interesting to me since 2003 maybe. However they really want to recreate the JER years so here we are.

• Love 3
Just now, superdeluxe said:

I see they recast Sonny with some loser and they’re bringing Leo back for this nonsense.  Not missing this show at all.

How do you know he's a loser? They also are recasting Sonny because Freddy Smith says he won't be on the show again.

Edited by RedElf
  • Love 1

I didn't mind Zach Tinker on Y&R. The show had no idea what to do with his character though. He was playing the child of two veteran characters.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

I'm legit surprised by this because they seem all in with Stacy Haiduk. 

The fact Eileen is in this makes me wonder if they will finally retire the character of Kristen for good. I think that would've been the only reason she would've returned to Days because Eileen mentioned Kristen was too far gone to be a regular character on this show.  

Yet the TV version of Days is a different story. 

• Love 2
On 7/26/2021 at 9:31 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Since Billie Reed was a popular character on Days, I have a feeling this extended role is to "clean-up" her image which is currently in the toilet.

• Love 1

Wait, how do you watch this? Is this different from the 5 episodes that are going to be on the Peacock app? I have Apple TV, is it on the NBC app? Sorry, I am new to streaming. My shithole area had been left out of fiber optics till This year. 

3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Wait, how do you watch this? Is this different from the 5 episodes that are going to be on the Peacock app? I have Apple TV, is it on the NBC app? Sorry, I am new to streaming. My shithole area had been left out of fiber optics till This year. 

Days of Our Lives: Beyond Salem will air on Peacock.

• Useful 1

It just gets worse and worse. Just when I think they have topped it, they add MORE people or stories. So, I wonder if there will be a cross back to NBC regular Days and if that means Eileen Davidson is coming back to finally kill off Kristen and then she will stay dead? That would be the only good thing I can think of to come from this crazy idea. I know there are some on here who are looking forward to this, so I hope you enjoy it. You couldn't pay me enough to watch.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 1

What's interesting to me is that the stars of the previous two digital series (Abigail & Chad, the Last Blast crew) returned to the mother ship shortly after their digital series aired. So if this sets up the possibility of Will & nuSonny and/or Carrie & Austin to return to the main show, I'm all for it. (Especially if Will & nuSonny have actual chemistry.)

That said I'm surprised by ED's involvement and I wonder what it means for SH's future as Kristen and Susan. 

• Love 2

I don't think Carrie/Austin are returning to Days as regulars. I think in their case they're supporting players who are visiting etc. Christie still lives in England and Austin works in real estate when he's not acting.

I could see Wilson but I would be surprised if the show had a fluid character and a gay couple on at the same time.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3
On 8/2/2021 at 7:11 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm legit surprised by this because they seem all in with Stacy Haiduk. 

The fact Eileen is in this makes me wonder if they will finally retire the character of Kristen for good. I think that would've been the only reason she would've returned to Days because Eileen mentioned Kristen was too far gone to be a regular character on this show.  

Yet the TV version of Days is a different story. 

Eileen Davidson left because quite simply, they can't afford her. She makes good money with  Y&R as well as Real Housewives and thus she doesn't have to settle for a lowball offer from NBC. Since this is a limited series I'm guessing they have more money they can throw at her so she took it.

• Love 1

I like Eileen Davisson as Kristen. Even her Susan was great compared to nu-Kristen. If she came back as a regular  on days, it would be great!! I’ve watched RHW with her..like her on the show, but rather watch her back on Days..and get the DiMera clan back on track. 
other than that, I’ve never watched a digital series of days. 
is there a place to watch the last two?

Also, is peacock an app.. I can get on my tv?

I’m pretty much digitally challenged  at these things. I can do YouTube..that’s about it.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chellfairy said:

Also, is peacock an app.. I can get on my tv?

Yes, it is an app.  You need a smart TV or a device like Roku, Firestick, or Chromecast.  It's pretty easy to set up.  There are 3 tiers of service - free with some ads, (the ads aren't terrible -FAR less than you would have to sit through if you watch live) premium with ads but additional content and premium without ads.  They currently offer DOOL on the free tier but I don't know what they'll do about the digital series.  They tend to let you watch some episodes of their original content for free but then you have to subscribe to watch the rest of them (I think they're hoping you'll be hooked enough on the series to pay to subscribe.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Eileen Davidson left because quite simply, they can't afford her. She makes good money with  Y&R as well as Real Housewives and thus she doesn't have to settle for a lowball offer from NBC. Since this is a limited series I'm guessing they have more money they can throw at her so she took it.

She left RHOBH a few years ago and I quit watching not long after. I missed her along with having grown long tired of the behavior of some of the other women including Rinna. 

56 minutes ago, Jaded said:

She left RHOBH a few years ago and I quit watching not long after. I missed her along with having grown long tired of the behavior of some of the other women including Rinna. 

Me too. She’s (Rinna) is such a shit stirrer!

But  it is trash tv..which,not gonna lie, I love. 
I sporadically watch. And just like all those shows, let’s throw Days in there, you can stop watching for years, start back up and after two shows figure out what’s  going on. Lol

on a side note, if Days can afford GG, BB and AS..they certainly can offer Eileen a not so bad offer.

Edited by Chellfairy

Searched the Peacock app for the show. It is not showing, has anyone been able to set this to record or put it in their favorites or whatever because I’m just coming up with original  days of our lives, not this new limited show. 

1 minute ago, chediavolo said:

Searched the Peacock app for the show. It is not showing, has anyone been able to set this to record or put it in their favorites or whatever because I’m just coming up with original  days of our lives, not this new limited show. 

I haven’t tried it yet. 
But  do you know if you can watch every episode of DOOL? Like even from the very beginning?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

The new show hasn't started airing yet so it's not on there.

But  do you know if you can watch every episode of DOOL? Like even from the very beginning?

They only have the current season, starting in September 2020.

I haven’t tried it yet. 

I'm not familiar with the app either, but having seen the first episode of Days when someone uploaded it online a year ago, I was stunned at the pace and tone. It started off as a very low-key family drama show. Lots of contemplative chats between Hortons. Julie shoplifting was even pretty underplayed.

My point is, I'm not sure who would be able to watch the original years of DOOL now - it feels like a completely different animal.

The Riley years forever changed the show.

2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I haven’t tried it yet. 

I wish!! No, I have not found anywhere where we can watch from the beginning of days of our lives. It’s a dream of mine

I would love to go back and watch from its inception!!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Oh God.  Zach Tinker.  He was pretty awful on Y&R and I fully expect him to be even worse on DOOL.  His voice alone sounds like a chipmunk on meth.

Being possessed by the Devil would only work in this guy's favor.  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
10 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Me too. She’s (Rinna) is such a shit stirrer!

One of the last straws with her was when she took her daughters back to her hometown and basically fat shamed everyone who lived there to them. The way she did it was really disgusting then one of the daughters made a smart remark too I think which was probably due in part to being raised by Rinna.

• Love 2