Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Ripped Apart

• Start Topic

Tiffany's son Daniel expresses doubts about South Africa; Sumit is summoned home by his parents; Paul and Karine embark on a daunting journey up the Amazon; Jihoon's proposal backfires; Evelin is over Corey's attitude.

Just now, Drogo said:

Evelin is over Corey's attitude.

giphy.gif

• Love 13

Ok, I’m really starting to think that Deavan never really moves to South Korea.  I just cannot imagine her and Dracula there.  And it doesn’t make any sense for Jihoon’s parents to do that trip to Vegas if she’s just going to be living there soon? And they haven’t shown any scenes of her in Korea (unless they are saving it for the 90 day fiancé show )

4 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Sumit trimming Jenny’s toenails? For fuck’s sake what was that all about? He made a comment “I’m not used to taking care of someone.”

Sumit-taking care of and caring for someone does not require toenail trims. 

That grossed me out unbelievably. None of my boyfriends have ever trimmed my toenails-I can promise you that they never will. 

Pole. Running. Is. Comedy. Gold. 

Yes! What the hell was that???

• Love 9
Just now, nutella fitzgerald said:

It was very convenient. Pole just had to drag his 40 suitcases to the “Bodock! Bodock?” and have his cough drops inspected before he could hop on.

BODOCK!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

When Pole took off his shirt (shudder) for the shower scene I was wondering how you can be scrawny and have a belly at the same time.  Laura and Aladdin sorely missed.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I call BS on Sumit's true intentions, but damn....he's good. He has convinced me that he really loves this woman.  That's crazy, right? It might have been that toe nail trimming. It means something right?

If Deaven moves to Korea, it'll take Jihoon and his parents to to take care of her.  Hard to envision her thriving. Jihoon's parents were kind to her....that reqired a lot of fortitude. Don't think that I could have done it.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, steff13 said:

Sumit cutting Jenny's toenails was gross.  I commented on it and my daughter, age 8, said "she's an old lady, she needs help." 

Why do I suspect Jenny ain’t all that flexible.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, 7isBlue said:

I need to see a receipt for Evelin’s jalopy. 

Maybe they could start a business  bringing American cars down and selling them at jacked up prices.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

We currently have a major power outage here in Jersey so I had to rely on live chat and this forum to tell me what happened tonight. Based on what I read, I can’t believe Ronald terrified poor Daniel with stories of human trafficking like he was warning him about The Bogeyman! Poor kid will be scarred for life! 

But on a brighter note, I had a valid excuse not to watch Family Chantel (as if I needed one!)

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, steff13 said:

I thought Jihoon looked very handsome in his moody black turtleneck and coat.

He's got a sort of Twilight/Team Edward vibe. 

Screen_Shot_2019_06_24_at_9.21.50_PM.0.p

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I waited over a month to cut my toenails after my foot was injured in early May. No one did them for me. If I had to wait longer, I may have considered a pedicure. After the foot swelling reduced.

Ronald should have had the trafficking chat with Tiffany first. And he should find the friend with the 'jacket' containing the drugs to tell Tiffany that he was the real culprit. Otherwise, I know that I would think long and hard about marrying a fresh from rehab addict.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

Otherwise, I know that I would think long and hard about marrying a fresh from rehab addict.

That was the old me, my boy. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

Out of the more than 200 million men around Tiffany's age worldwide, she chose the guy who stole his mom's fridge, has a "friend" who keeps LSD and heroin in his coat pocket, and humps kegs before his nuptials. Great catch. Great example for you son, Tiff.

You would have to be pretty desperate to steal a fridge.

Marry the guy a year from now, after he gets a job and leads a stable life for a bit. You are in a strange country with few resources available to you, you bring your son to this place and your fiancé has a bunch of issues he should be dealing with - on his own - before you commit to him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Drogo said:

He's got a sort of Twilight/Team Edward vibe. 

Screen_Shot_2019_06_24_at_9.21.50_PM.0.p

I want to go to their wedding just so I can give him an Amazon monthly subscription for chapstick.  Or a lifetime supply...like some sort of Willy Wonka of chapstick.

13 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Out of the more than 200 million men around Tiffany's age worldwide, she chose the guy who stole his mom's fridge, has a "friend" who keeps LSD and heroin in his coat pocket, and humps kegs before his nuptials. Great catch. Great example for you son, Tiff.

In fairness to Ronald, that keg was far better looking than the stripper.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

I want to go to their wedding just so I can give him an Amazon monthly subscription for chapstick.  Or a lifetime supply...like some sort of Willy Wonka of chapstick.

Chapstick, Blistex, Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, Laneige Lip Mask....

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

He wasn't desperate though. He said he stole the fridge to feed his gambling addiction, same reason he embezzled funds from his employer. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

He wasn't desperate though. He said he stole the fridge to feed his gambling addiction, same reason he embezzled funds from his employer. 

Not a good risk for better or for worse.

• Love 4

Zooming in on Paul’s belly when he ad Karine were walking to the doctor was pretty funny....made it look like they are both pregnant.  He’s packed on the weight for sure.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, steff13 said:

Sumit cutting Jenny's toenails was gross.  I commented on it and my daughter, age 8, said "she's an old lady, she needs help." 😳

The Mormon guy needs to run far far away from his fiance, all the way back to Washington.  She's kind of hateful.  And I don't know if I love anyone enough to give up hot water.  

I’ve always hated seeing anyone cut their own toenails. My late husband would come around the corner( from second bathroom)  with a fist then open it to show me and would say , here these are for your  scrapbook. God  I miss him  I started laughing so hard sunscreen got into my eyes when I wiped them.  I can’t think of anything more than a turn off than to have that done. I see elderly men and women having pedis where I get my hair cut all the time.   She isn’t that old. 

Theres no excuse for any of these empty headed fools not to have done a general google to learn about laws/ customs. Oh and to know the details of your finance’s  criminal past. Earlier episode he said he sold everything in his mothers place when she was away.  Every damn thing. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

She is at Nicole level of delusional

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Sumit trimming Jenny’s toenails? For fuck’s sake what was that all about? He made a comment “I’m not used to taking care of someone.”

Sumit-taking care of and caring for someone does not require toenail trims. 

That grossed me out unbelievably. None of my boyfriends have ever trimmed my toenails-I can promise you that they never will. 

Pole. Running. Is. Comedy. Gold. 

100%. Exactly. 

Come to think of it- they should have a Poll running special. I would watch.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Every time Tiffany makes the speech about how Ronald better not do....whatever it is, fill in the blank and he does it anyway she says she won't marry him but marries him anyway.  Tiffany will be an enabler in this relationship, Ronald will continue to cross her imaginary lines until he relapses or finds a new addiction, her threats are idle and he knows it.

I thought that once you have rehabbed that after care, meetings and therapy was a must in order to stay healthy and that you should not start a serious relationship for at least a year after your sobriety starts.  This tells me that Ronald is not thinking sober and Tiffany is desperate for a relationship that she can control but the joke is on her, she cannot control this, she did not cause and she cannot cure it.  She has dragged her child in to a situation that will affect his sense of security and trust and will make him be a part of things he should not have to endure.

Rant over.

Very well said. These things are all true, I keep wondering if Ronald is doing meetings and such that we just don't see.

Daniel, with his fears. I moved a lot as a kid, my dad was military, and it does take a little time. I just wish his mother had a different man to rely on here, this isn't looking promising. 

I keep thinking, Tiffany is really beautiful, I just wonder why she has to have this guy. 

• Love 13
(edited)
32 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Hey, Daniel.  Talking about why Ronald can't come to the US is talking about adult things.  Let's talk about kids' stuff instead.  Like human trafficking.

He could understand that “dad” is, among other things, a thief.   They just know he would object to the marriage then.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

WHY IS RONALD TELLING DANIEL ABOUT HUMAN TRAFFICKING????

ETA: Daniel, I don't want kids, but I will adopt you.

And then frantically yelling at him to put down the phone, because he'd get mugged. Jesus. My son at 9 was a pretty sensitive kid, and a bit of a worry wart. I cannot imagine what effect that kind of conversation would have had on him. And not a peep from Tiffany! Not a "shh", not a "Ronald. Not now" or "is this absolutely necessary?". I would have lost my shit!

9 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

It was very convenient. Pole just had to drag his 40 suitcases to the “Bodock! Bodock?” and have his cough drops inspected before he could hop on.

Was I the only one who thought Ronald’s human trafficking conversation was inserted to foreshadow Daniel’s inquiries about why exactly his stepfodder can’t come to America? “Remember how we talked about human trafficking? When they steal little boys just like you and sell them for money? Daddy did something similar, just with his mommy’s fridge, so America doesn’t want him. Now finish your hot dog.”

Tiffany has me utterly befuddled. Most of the time she seems like a nice person with a head on her shoulders, an attentive and loving mother, self aware, not unintelligent. Then old Snake Eyes Ronald arrives on the scene and she's a blithering idiot.

8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Marry the guy a year from now, after he gets a job and leads a stable life for a bit. You are in a strange country with few resources available to you, you bring your son to this place and your fiancé has a bunch of issues he should be dealing with - on his own - before you commit to him.

I want to know more about the fridge stealing. Where was his mother? I'm a sound sleeper, but (barring the fact that my sleep would be affected by the presence of my thieving, addict son in my house), but if someone was emptying my fridge, hauling it out to his car, and loading it in, I think I might notice.

Tiffany needs to run, not walk, home. Ronald is bad news. His sleaze radiates off the TV in waves. He's a liar, a loser, an addict, an utterly unrepentant sinner; and he will bleed her dry. I was shuddering as he explained how he had to steal more and more from his employer to feed his habit; he sounded like he was talking about going to the corner store for milk. And seriously? "I was wearing my friend's jacket"?? Who the hell would buy that?

5 hours ago, 100Proof said:

She is at Nicole level of delusional

Except her guy will have sex with her. Probably enthusiastically.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I waited over a month to cut my toenails after my foot was injured in early May. No one did them for me. If I had to wait longer, I may have considered a pedicure. After the foot swelling reduced.

Ronald should have had the trafficking chat with Tiffany first. And he should find the friend with the 'jacket' containing the drugs to tell Tiffany that he was the real culprit. Otherwise, I know that I would think long and hard about marrying a fresh from rehab addict.

I recently had surgery and was not able to cut my toenails for a couple of weeks. I still have a couple that I had my husband cut. 

• Love 1