Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Ripped Apart

• Start Topic

The sea air is very damaging to any type of metal. Evelin has to know this. She should have bought enamel/ceramic type pots. She has no regard for possessions because she expects Corey to be a never ending ATM. She’s openly says she expects the man to take care of all her wants and needs. She’s another Larissa, except the heat doesn’t bother her as much. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I wouldn't pay 6k for that car in the US, and so I'd think that $6k USD in a country like equador is a lot of money and would at least get you a well maintained but older vehicle. 

Maybe that is where Nicole's 6k went!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, iwasish said:

The sea air is very damaging to any type of metal. Evelin has to know this. She should have bought enamel/ceramic type pots. She has no regard for possessions because she expects Corey to be a never ending ATM. She’s openly says she expects the man to take care of all her wants and needs. She’s another Larissa, except the heat doesn’t bother her as much. 

And Cee Air is very damaging to Pedro.

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Can't we get a couple with a guy from Ireland or Scotland? What I'd give to watch and hear those charming accents. Don't need Ronald barking "Boerewors" at me. Nothing too charming about that at all.

I’ll sign that petition.  Like William Wallace or something.  Women love him, men respect him, looks good in a kilt...

“Barking Boerewors”.   Dead!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I know this is the wrong forum, but it just bugs me no end that someone who uses a fake name for purposes of filming is now doing it in TWO "reality" TV shows.

Azan uses a fake name and Fernanda uses a fake surname.  It’s a thing.

• Love 3
On 7/23/2019 at 1:50 PM, Mothra said:

It seems that every single woman on the reality shows I watch have learned how to stencil their eyebrows, and I think I might find it pretty on one or two but holy god in heaven.  Is this a Thing?  Is it on social media?  I think Tiffany's makeup is very artful--is she a beautician?--but let's give the eyebrows a rest, ladies.

And the ones who could use eyebrow work (looking at you, Jenny) are the only ones out of the loop.

Stenciled eyebrows are to the 2010's what blue eyeshadow was to the 1980's. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Stenciled eyebrows are to the 2010's what blue eyeshadow was to the 1980's. 

Someone on Big Brother is still wearing blue eyeshadow lol.

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, Cammi said:

I'd die first rather than be in a "secret hidden" relationship with a man because he couldn't tell his family about me. Too much trifling-ness!

Why?  Relationships that start in secrecy and lying are ALWAYS successful, don't ya know?

Paul and Karine - don't care.  She looks dirty and unkempt and he is just......icky.

I unloaded on Tiffany in their thread about how much I hate her.

Jenny and Sumit - you two are Mr/Mrs Sad Sack of this enterprise.  They are crying or on the verge of crying all the damn time!!  "What am I going to do all day in that apartment, alone??"  I don't know - what are you doing now?  Talking about how unfair everyone is to you?  For 8 hours a day?

Next week's promo includes a teaser that Laura gives Aladin the vibrator.  Yeah, we know how that is going to turn out.  "God sent him an older woman who going to show him a few tricks!"  Like what?  How to use Icy Hot after coitus?  Because he wants to get all bendy on you and you are (cough cough) 51 and not 21?  Look lady you were hobbling into the apartment so don't try to sell us you are Bendy McGee in the bedroom.  I am still annoyed with her after she sold herself so short after he belittled her and then SHE apologized to HIM.  Just no.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

So my two cents here on this episode

Corey! Evelyn is using you! That is the first thing. But Corey kept complaining about that car, which by the way never costed 6000 dollars. And he then talks about his Mercedes that is an old car as well! It is an e class from around 2002. So it is not a new expensive car he has. Here in my country they are really cheap. She thinks he has enormous money, those pots where old! Nobody can tell me that the see ruined them in a couple of weeks. She will suck him dry and then tell him to move back home.

Ronald Ronald Ronald Ronald I actually don’t even know where to start. First of all what I noticed was when she asked what kind of drugs he straight away said heroin and lsd. Not I don’t know or pot or even cocke he went straight to heroin. For me that speaks volumes! And if he was doing heroin that is serious. That is way worst then a medium gambling addiction. He was presented as a gambling addict but I don’t think that was his maine addiction. I Think it is and was drugs, which is very scary. 

Pole is clearly running from the Brazilian government. I bet he thinks nobody will find him there. Carine wants to go back to her hometown because she sort of wants to get away from crazy pooouuull. She may think that His behaviour will be better with her family there.

jihoon is a sweetheart and I don’t think Devon is that bad eater. I know that she has had a troublesome pregnancy. If I think of my horrible pregnancy, people would think I was crazy if that came on tv. I am not like that non pregnant though.

i think sumit is sweet. And I do think it is really love. I also to be honest think that Jenny looks waaaaaaay better than Laura! And layers is supposed to be then years younger!!

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, vimsa3 said:

She will suck him dry and then tell him to move back home.

Hey hey hey!!!  This is a PG rated thread @vimsa3!!  LOL!

Paul:  "Karine's parents hate me."  No, Paul, everybody hates you.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Someone on Big Brother is still wearing blue eyeshadow lol.

In 8th grade (1978/79) Every! SIngle! Girl! in my junior high was rocking light blue eyeshadow with pink highlighter.   

33 minutes ago, vimsa3 said:

if he was doing heroin that is serious.

Fixed that for you.  The LSD and heroin alone would make me book a one way ticket back.  I would leave and tell him I was in the United States when I landed.  I would write two letters, both certified mail.  Mail the first one to his mom so he can't con her out of my version of events, then mail his the next day.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

I could see Ronald’s accent being a pull for Tiff if he sounded like Trevor Noah from The Daily Show, but he doesn’t. He sounds like a villain from a movie. IMHO, his accent isn’t attractive at all.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 13
On 7/22/2019 at 10:42 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I call BS on Sumit's true intentions, but damn....he's good. He has convinced me that he really loves this woman.  That's crazy, right? It might have been that toe nail trimming. It means something right?

If Deaven moves to Korea, it'll take Jihoon and his parents to to take care of her.  Hard to envision her thriving. Jihoon's parents were kind to her....that reqired a lot of fortitude. Don't think that I could have done it.

I shall never get the picture of Jihoon's parents eating raw bacon and Drucilla sitting on the table eating the eggs with her fingers. 

It won't go away!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, iwasish said:

Something tells me that whatever cookware Corey bought her she sold without using it, kept the old crap and Corey will buy more.  Besides, does that girl does not look like she eats let alone cooks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

"Karine's parents hate me." 

Paul and Karine travel 5 days on a poop water shower boat thru the Amazon to her little village so she can wait out the birth of her child and hopefully deliver in a medical center of some kind and then take said child back to a shack with no running water and a dirt floor.  

The stress alone of that trip would be off the charts, going home to a dirt floor shack with no plumbing is better than Karine staying in that filthy apartment?

Paul is stupid, don't be like Paul.

By the way, did anyone notice that the mosquito net had blue lace on it?  Odd.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

The LSD and heroin alone would make me book a one way ticket back.

Is LSD a thing?  I thought it went out around the time of Wacky Packs and Pop Rocks.

21 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I shall never get the picture of Jihoon's parents eating raw bacon and Drucilla sitting on the table eating the eggs with her fingers. 

It won't go away!

Would make two great gifs.

• Love 6

I never thought I would say this but I miss Larry and Jenny. Yes, Larry was a sad sack but despite his flaws he seems like a kind man who cares for Jenny. Larrys son had me when he said (paraphrasing here) "I hope my dad is nice to Jenny and treats her well, she is all alone here and misses her family." He displays a lot of emotional intelligence for a young man. His mom was also very nice to Jenny and seems to treat her very well. After watching a few documentaries about 'mail order brides' I feel Jenny did quite well for herself. I would take a Larry over Ronald any day of the week. I think for her the marriage is a transaction and she was likely hoping for a Brad Pitt type with a lot of money. I don't think Larry and his family are bad people ....not rich but kindness and respect goes a long way. I snarked on Larry but after watching these messes I regret it.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I unloaded on Tiffany in their thread about how much I hate her.

Next week's promo includes a teaser that Laura gives Aladin the vibrator.  Yeah, we know how that is going to turn out.  "God sent him an older woman who going to show him a few tricks!"  Like what?  How to use Icy Hot after coitus?  Because he wants to get all bendy on you and you are (cough cough) 51 and not 21?  Look lady you were hobbling into the apartment so don't try to sell us you are Bendy McGee in the bedroom.  I am still annoyed with her after she sold herself so short after he belittled her and then SHE apologized to HIM.  Just no.

Yep, he will be so relieved she has the vibrator and he won't be duty bound to do the jiggy with her anymore.

That was a bad move on her part.  There so many ways that backfires and only one remotely possible way it works. 

He literally will have the perfect excuse not to have sex with her. 

"You said sex with me was bad and now you have a vibrator you can use on yourself....so, no need for me to have sex with you."

He can pretend to be super offended and then, as the aggreived party, he can get sour and hurt.

So he leaves and when he comes back she is so relieved she drops the whole thing and continues to show that for all her bravado, she is just a desperate woman of a certain age.

It was such a passive aggressive asshole-y move that I think she kinda deserves what's coming to her.   

• Love 5

Advanced issues found

17 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

That is probably what I was subconsciously thinking of! I read a lot of Tennessee Williams.

"DAN-IELLLLLL!"

Advanced issues found

10 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Can't we get a couple with a guy from Ireland or Scotland? What I'd give to watch and hear those charming accents. Don't need Ronald barking "Boerewors" at me. Nothing too charming about that at all.

I've long said that my future husband is either British, Irish, or Scottish because I LOVE the accents and would love to live over there. However, since I'm pushing 56, terminally single, and not hanging out in chat rooms, etc., I don't foresee that happening. However, if there's any risk of ending up like these people, it's probably best that I don't!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Angela was brazen about her diaper being changed as she gets older. I guess these ladies are on to something there huh?

Hmmmmm...what was the name of the website that they met on?

Asking for a friend.

• LOL 17
11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

It won't go away!

Me either. I don't watch any hoarding shows because "disgusting" , and I don't want to see that here! The diaper right by the food, ugh!!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I never thought I would say this but I miss Larry and Jenny. Yes, Larry was a sad sack but despite his flaws he seems like a kind man who cares for Jenny. Larrys son had me when he said (paraphrasing here) "I hope my dad is nice to Jenny and treats her well, she is all alone here and misses her family." He displays a lot of emotional intelligence for a young man. His mom was also very nice to Jenny and seems to treat her very well. After watching a few documentaries about 'mail order brides' I feel Jenny did quite well for herself. I would take a Larry over Ronald any day of the week. I think for her the marriage is a transaction and she was likely hoping for a Brad Pitt type with a lot of money. I don't think Larry and his family are bad people ....not rich but kindness and respect goes a long way. I snarked on Larry but after watching these messes I regret it.

I agree, mostly. Larry is not the sharpest tool in the shed but he is kind, seems to genuinely care for Jenny, and isn't flighty or foolish. Jenny is not manipulative or money grubbing. They're not love's young dream but they appear to get along. Larry will work at McDonald's. Jenny will work as a CNA or do bookkeeping or work at Target. They'll go to Applebee's or Olive Garden every so often. They will be contented with a simple life. I think Jenny is a pragmatic woman who understood well that she wasn't going to to land a rich man. She found one with a steady job, kids he cares about, and a desire to make her happy. I think she understands that that is not such a bad deal. 

• Love 14
14 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

In 8th grade (1978/79) Every! SIngle! Girl! in my junior high was rocking light blue eyeshadow with pink highlighter.   

And wearing that god awful Loves Baby Soft. Bleccchhhhh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Paul and Karine - don't care.  She looks dirty and unkempt and he is just......icky.

This makes me remember the fact that Karine showed up to the checkup with an undiagnosed bladder infection. There’s a chance it could have been caused by poor hygiene. If she doesn’t even take care of herself very well I would worry about the future care of the baby, and also the quality of prenatal care. Especially with both of them involved in the care. It’s probably for the best that she is moving back home to be around extended family that can help make sure the baby is being cared for. 

When the baby comes out the first thing they should check is to make sure he didn’t inherit Paul’s duck-billed feet. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL, I just wore a blue eyeshadow the other day from urban decay!  Ha ha ha!  

Fashion is cyclical.

26 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

This makes me remember the fact that Karine showed up to the checkup with an undiagnosed bladder infection. There’s a chance it could have been caused by poor hygiene. If she doesn’t even take care of herself very well I would worry about the future care of the baby, and also the quality of prenatal care. Especially with both of them involved in the care. It’s probably for the best that she is moving back home to be around extended family that can help make sure the baby is being cared for. 

When the baby comes out the first thing they should check is to make sure he didn’t inherit Paul’s duck-billed feet. 

Maybe Pole could type into the translator app wipe front to back.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I miss them too. Like you I think a Larry is much better than a Ronald. He might be a goof and not the most attractive man around but he cares about her and will give her a nice life.... and she doesn't have to worry about his addictions or human trafficking! Not everyone is looking for some grand adventure and romance but just a better life with someone who treats them well. Odd how it seems the American women go for these grand adventures. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I know I should hate Evelin, but I just can't. She's not even trying to pretend she doesn't hate Cory, and that dumb dumb just keeps throwing money at her. I think my neighbors heard me laughing at "You being here is really annoying."

I agree, I want to hate her but I find her kind of amusing.  Corey set it all up for her, too.  HE is such an easy mark.  I still they are playing us, fyi.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree, I want to hate her but I find her kind of amusing.  Corey set it all up for her, too.  HE is such an easy mark.  I still they are playing us, fyi.

I think so too. There is no way she would put up with him long tern. 

• Love 3

Corey could have shipped his car to Ecuador cheaper than buying that piece of garbage. He's a dolt and a crybaby. I have zero respect for a grown man crying like a baby over a shot. 

Summit loves Jenny so much he'll do anything for her...except tell his parents about her.

Ronald borrowed his friend's jacket and just happened to have LSD and heroin? Seriously?  Run girl run!

• Love 14

I think Evelyn sends mixed signals to Corey. I don’t think she’s being clear at all about her intentions. One minute she’ll tell him to get back on the plane and go home but in the next minute she tells him that she could just eat him up.   Personally I think she’s really trying to pretend that she likes Corey more than she does but she has very limited patience and a short temper so the truth comes out.

• Love 10
(edited)

What's annoying me about Tiffany is the fact she feels she needs to marry this guy like yesterday.

So what that you bought a dress and took your son from his secure home and that you got lip gloss mixed special for the day and Ronald has a long way to go in his recovery and you're questioning everything about his situation and that human trafficking seems to be a way of life down there and there's trash everywhere and they got hot dogs the size of Mothra.

None of it matters.

Just keep rushing headlong into a most likely doomed marriage so you can start your happily ever after.

Edited by Lady Iris
  • Love 16
24 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

What's annoying me about Tiffany is the fact she feels she needs to marry this guy like yesterday.

So what that you bought a dress and took your son from his secure home and that you got lip gloss mixed special for the day and Ronald has a long way to go in his recovery and you're questioning everything about his situation and that human trafficking seems to be a way of life down there and there's trash everywhere and they got hot dogs the size of Mothra.

None of it matters.

Just keep rushing headlong into a most likely doomed marriage so you can start your happily ever after.

She almost wins for “most desperate” for me because she even admits that she is ignoring her better instincts to be with this guy. Like you at least have SOME self awareness it seems. Use it!

• Love 10

Devean and Jujitzu- He is so sweet.  Devean better thank her lucky stars to have been knocked up by such a decent guy that also accepts her devil spawn, Dracula.  And whose parents are such nice lovely people.  Hopefully it will work out and she can leave her hayseed past behind her and become a little bit more polished and refined.

Tiffani and SA- ?????????????  She is desperate.

Pol and Sluggie- I don't think Pol is smart but I think he's smart enough to be manipulative.  He had to know coming into this that his record would not bode well for him moving to another country.  I really do think the worst of him and that he searched for a young girl he HAD to bring over to the US so it would be easy to isolate and control her.  I hope he got poop water in his eye.  Why couldn't Slug's parents made the journey to come to her if she was 8 months preggers?

Evilen and Cabagge patch dollface Corey- I feel like they are just acting. Like he seriously didn't meet her family before when he was over there for 6 months traveling and setting up the bar they own together?

Jennnnnny and Suuuuumit- He is very sweet to her.  Perhaps his parents are cold and mean and he sees a warm loving mother figure in Jenny?  They need to talk more about when Jenny went over there and lived with his parents for a long time. What the hell happened???????

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

It can also be caused because of pregnancy and hormones. Not always that the lack of hygiene is the case. I always got bladder infection, that is usually how I found out I was pregnant that was always the first sign. With number 1 it was horrible I think I got it three or four times. With number 3 I only had it ones. 

I don’t say she is or looks clean but it is not always because of hygiene. If I am not pregnant I never have it. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree, mostly. Larry is not the sharpest tool in the shed but he is kind, seems to genuinely care for Jenny, and isn't flighty or foolish. Jenny is not manipulative or money grubbing. They're not love's young dream but they appear to get along. Larry will work at McDonald's. Jenny will work as a CNA or do bookkeeping or work at Target. They'll go to Applebee's or Olive Garden every so often. They will be contented with a simple life. I think Jenny is a pragmatic woman who understood well that she wasn't going to to land a rich man. She found one with a steady job, kids he cares about, and a desire to make her happy. I think she understands that that is not such a bad deal. 

I like Jenny. Sorry if came off that I think she is manipulative. I just think that it was less love match more transactional and like many young women she may have initially had dreams of marrying a Brad Pitt and maybe thought that all Americans are wealthy. She does not seem demanding and doesn't seem to care about plastic surgery or brand name clothing. She also seems grateful and kind to Larry's mother and son. I think she will love Larry in the best way she can and your comment about simple dinners out is spot on. I would pick Larry over Ronald and Jenny over Daeven any day.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, vimsa3 said:

It can also be caused because of pregnancy and hormones. Not always that the lack of hygiene is the case. I always got bladder infection, that is usually how I found out I was pregnant that was always the first sign. With number 1 it was horrible I think I got it three or four times. With number 3 I only had it ones. 

I don’t say she is or looks clean but it is not always because of hygiene. If I am not pregnant I never have it. 

Vigorous sex can also cause them. (Although I doubt...no, I HOPE  that’s not how Karine got hers.) That’s why women are advised to empty their bladders after sex.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Vigorous sex can also cause them. (Although I doubt...no, I HOPE  that’s not how Karine got hers.) That’s why women are advised to empty their bladders after sex.

Well considering how Pole runs we can only imagine how he thrusts.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1