Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: No Thanks Given

• Start Topic

Justin struggles to get on the same page as Kelsey about their future; while planning her wedding, Reagan asks why Tamica has abandoned her during such an important time; Jeff hosts his first party as a single man.

Airs July 21, 2019.

Long over due question - what is the translation of the quick french phase that is part of the opening theme song for the show ?

All I could catch on caption was "Laissez bons temps rouler"

2 minutes ago, sATL said:

I could catch on caption was "Laissez bons temps rouler"

It’s Cajun French laissez les bon temps rouler- let the good times roll and is NO’s motto.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Along with Naomie from Charleston, Reagan’s man picker seems to be broken.

Seriously.  “Understads” and “altercations.”  Didn’t they go to college together?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Kelsey is putting way too much pressure on Justin.  It’s not like they’ve been dating ten years or even five.  Says a lot that he’s open to them living together in his family home.  Kelsey probably went off on Tameka at the party because of her insecurities about living with him when his name is probably the only one on the deed.  

I feel sorry for Jeff.  Clearly none of us know the real story behind their break-up but she seemed to have replaced a mature, manly husband with a goof.  As if she didn’t want the responsibility of dealing with grown people problems like the ones Jeff had.  He seems like a wonderful guy.  Hell, I’d get with him.

• Love 13
(edited)

I haven't watched every moment of this show, but I'm not sure why I'm seeing so much Reece-hate.  I don't find him any more or less curious than I do Jeff.  Jeff is plain scary to me.

I believe the common denominator with Reagan's men is...

...weird hair.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Why did you go there on Friendsgiving Day?  Why Doug why?

It's "reality" tv, but I'm totally onboard with the idea that Jeff's inner core is good.  Because the group is there for him.  And they seem to have genuine love for him.

Except for Tamica.  Who has no self awareness and apparently can't pick up on another person's emotional upheaval at news.  Shut up Tamica. Or say kind words and move the topic to something else gently.

To get that news, and I really hope that was a reenacted scene, at a party at his house, a week after not drinking, when he wanted children was just so wrong.

How can we get Reagan and Reese replaced by Rachael?  Love her!  I just want more of her.

Moody Duty!  Last year, I was meh on Moody.  This year, I would like to adopt him as my nephew.  He is fun, smart and self aware.  Love him!

Bemny Poppins!  Put him on the show.  I'm pretty sure we won't miss RR after 2 weeks.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, bosawks said:

What was weird about Tamika poking the JeffBear was that she was staring straight at her plate when she was doing it.

Odd.

Maybe she knew it was such a shitty thing to do that she couldn’t look him in the eye. 

13 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Tamika just can’t resist ruining events - looks like her way of making sure she keeps the attention on her.

At least so far this season she hasn’t made her daughter cry!

• Love 9

Really Doug?  Talk about ruining Jeff's first party. 

Kelsey needs to stop pushing or get off the train.  Justin has a career.  That's how he affords the house you're living in.  And that hair is just so sad....

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, bosawks said:

What was weird about Tamika poking the JeffBear was that she was staring straight at her plate when she was doing it.

Odd.

Maybe she was trying to figure out if she was eating baby turkey or an owl.

owl hoot GIF

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Maybe she was trying to figure out if she was eating baby turkey or an owl.

Hee! I laughed at Moody referring to them as owls and then saying that they were really good.

I cracked up at Justin being on "Moody Duty" as well. I enjoy this cast so much more than the original recipe SC.

I do not get Reagan's issue with Tamica not being there when Reagan seemed to be living in a bubble with Reece until probably filming started and did not really tell some of the important happenings in her life to her supposed best friend all that soon. Tamica did walk away from her at her brother's party when Reagan mentioned the wedding, but that is really it. Now that Reagan is planning a wedding it seems she wants her best friend around. Didn't Reagan get married in December? This episode took place in November. How long did Reagan plan this wedding? If it was in a short period of time I could see how Tamica, who has a job, family, and a life, probably does not want or can drop everything for some wedding planning.

Oh Doug, couldn't you have waited until after the party to drop that bomb on Jeff?

• Love 11

Really Doug?  And Tamica WTF?  She was still being butt sore over her issues with Reagan and not thinking of Jeff’s feelings.  Why she didn’t let it go, I don’t know.

Owls...never change John Moody.

• Love 13
(edited)

Doug decided to be messier than a cafeteria sloppy joe by revealing that Reagan is pregnant at friendsgiving. Jeff having no place to run decided to throw thanksgiving owl all over our clothes. Importantly, the fellas and I took time to speak on policeprofiling in the US #SCNOLA

— Jon Moody (@thejonmoody) July 22, 2019

Messier than a cafeteria sloppy joe.😂

Edited by dosodog
Tried to copy Twitter, but it doesn't look right
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7

Are they going to keep the gigantic painting of Reagan in the nursery?

Does Jeff have a job? I assumed no but Moody said he couldn’t be at the guys night because he was working.

I do think Moody is one of those personalities that takes some time to shine through because he is out there so you don’t know what’s an act and not but than it’s a fun and interesting puzzle to hang out with once you know more about him.

Moody your pan of lamb was too crowded and your butcher didn’t clean them very well. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Tamika is a stone cold bitch. And so is Doug. 

WTF Tamika.  She just can't help finding someone's weak spot and hitting and hitting it until they explode.  She knew exactly what she was doing.  I don't get why, when they all know that Jeff is vulnerable here, she would do that.  It was pretty ugly to watch.  She does the same with poor Kelsey, always pounding on her relationship issues.  She is a truly nasty piece of work.  The only thing I would say in Doug's defense is that he said he was afraid Reagan's pregnancy would be brought up at dinner (and if I had to bet, it would be brought up by bigmouth Tamika) and that's why he felt he had to say something?  

Edited by nr65000
because I keep thinking of more reasons to hate Tamika.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, dosodog said:

Jeff having no place to run decided to throw thanksgiving owl all over our clothes. 

Omg...Jon is amazing.

I also liked Rachel being legit terrified that Jeff wanted to “leave us...out here?”

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I thought the reason why Tamica kept asking Jeff if he knew about Reagan's pregnancy was because Reagan told him about her engagement before she announced it to the group, and that Reagan told him about the pregnancy earlier. Also, I think Tamica assumed that Reagan and Jeff talked a lot because they kept insisting that they did at the start of the season.

Tamica is a lot, but for some reason I still like her. I enjoy the whole cast with the exception of Reagan and Reece.

I do not know how many bedrooms that Reagan has in her house, but I thought the placement of the nursery was odd. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

and that Reagan told him about the pregnancy earlier. Also, I think Tamica assumed that Reagan and Jeff talked a lot because they kept insisting that they did at the start of the season.

But he repeatedly told her that he didn’t know it and she insisted that he had to have known with absolutely no logical reasoning because she hasn’t  been taking to either of them!

I don’t agree with Barry that Reagan owed it him to tell him in person but someone should have told him and that person should have not been Doug and off camera!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I thought the reason why Tamica kept asking Jeff if he knew about Reagan's pregnancy was because Reagan told him about her engagement before she announced it to the group, and that Reagan told him about the pregnancy earlier. Also, I think Tamica assumed that Reagan and Jeff talked a lot because they kept insisting that they did at the start of the season.

Tamica is a lot, but for some reason I still like her. I enjoy the whole cast with the exception of Reagan and Reece.

I do not know how many bedrooms that Reagan has in her house, but I thought the placement of the nursery was odd. 

Tamica is a lot and I also still like her.

I haven't seen the episode yet so it's hard to put in context right now but I feel like Tamica has been prodding both Raegan and Jeff to explode all season and I don't necessarily think she's doing it in a malicious way. Tamika seems to process every thought and feeling out loud and while I think she respects that Barry, for example, isn't like that (though she doesn't understand it), I don't think she believes that Reagan and Jeff's friendly demeanor is authentic. In her mind, I think she sees an explosive reaction from either side as the first step to gaining closure but like many things that come out of Tamica's mouth, it seems cold and thoughtless.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't think she believes that Reagan and Jeff's friendly demeanor is authentic. In her mind, I think she sees an explosive reaction from either side as the first step to gaining closure but like many things that come out of Tamica's mouth, it seems cold and thoughtless.

I agree. I do not necessarily think Reagan and Jeff's friendly dynamic is authentic either. Well, at least on Jeff's end. I think he is hurt by a lot of it. I think Reagan is pretty okay with it all because things are going seemingly great for her at the moment. So when Tamica is trying to get a reaction out of them I kind of agree with her. I think Jeff did sort of say to Tamica, at Kelsey and Justin's housewarming party, that he was not doing that great with all the Reagan stuff. I think some of that got overshadowed by drunk Jeff and Kelsey kicking Tamica out. Sometimes I think the way Tamica says things can be cold, but I do not think that she intends to be malicious. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, nexxie said:

Tamika just can’t resist ruining events - looks like her way of making sure she keeps the attention on her.

If this was a real housewives show, I'd say she's trying to make sure she keeps her crawfish or beignet.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

The best part of the episode was shopping at Acquistapace’s! That place is awesome.

Did Moody paint that portrait of Reagan? 

I'm about 30 miles away, but still haven't made it there, but go to an annual wine and cheese social at work and they buy everything from Acquistapace's - the most amazing cheeses and wines!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Does anyone know when season one was actually filmed? I know that Reagan and Jeff announced their separation in June of 2018 and the divorce was finalized  in October and the events of this episode are in November of 2018. Last season they were gearing up for Mardi Gras but was it in 2018 or 2017? Reese and Reagan have said more than once they have been together over a year.

• Useful 1
37 minutes ago, parrotlover said:

I'm about 30 miles away, but still haven't made it there, but go to an annual wine and cheese social at work and they buy everything from Acquistapace's - the most amazing cheeses and wines!

Worth the trip from Metairie? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I really loved the conversation with the guys about the police. Despite the horrible topic, I thought it might have been one of the best on Bravo (compared to Vick & Tam humping beds in Jamaica to claim them-I use that as a low bar). And superficially I found Justin very attractive in that scene. I originally said Barry & he’s always been attractive to me  

Randomly I was rewatching “Back to School” this weekend so my first thought on seeing Benny was this:

B171DF8F-6874-4989-B12D-AE50EC416870.jpeg

Edited by jmcd44
Justin not Barry
  • Love 3

I just shook my head when Barry talked about being pulled over by those racist cops.  How can he afford a car like that when THEY can't?  I know why.  I used to go to a 12 step meeting where there were a lot of cops and many of them either drank their money away, or had to pay alimony to wife #1, 2, 3.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Does anyone know when season one was actually filmed? I know that Reagan and Jeff announced their separation in June of 2018 and the divorce was finalized  in October and the events of this episode are in November of 2018. Last season they were gearing up for Mardi Gras but was it in 2018 or 2017? Reese and Reagan have said more than once they have been together over a year.

I can't find the dates published anywhere, but it had to have been Mardi Gras of 2017.  

The Mardi Gras episode in season 1 aired on April 15, 2018.  Mardi Gras was February 13, 2018.  They would have never been able to have the series premiere ready to air in only 2 months. 

I did find the filming dates for season 2.  It was filmed from October 13 to December 17, 2018. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am tired of Jeff and his theatrics.   The way he is acting, I wouldn't want to have kids with him either.  The way he knocked all that food off the table, broke the dishes?  No way.  I can see why Reagan wanted to unload him.  Reese is no prize but Jeff scares me.

Here's what I think about Tamica and Reagan's friendship.  I don't think Tamica was friends with Reagan; I think Barry and Tamica were friends with Reagan and Jeff.  You're friends with a couple, that couple breaks up.  Most times, it is the man who moves on quickly, not the woman; it's the man who has a child with his new girlfriend.  It's hard to be the friend in that situation, no matter what you do, you end up picking sides.  Tamica needs to understand that Reagan moved on, oh well, that's life.  But Reagan needs to understand that sometimes friends need time to process things.

Watching Kelsey and Justin makes me wonder if that is what happened with Reagan and Reese when they were first together.  Reese couldn't commit, so Reagan found a man, Jeff, who could commit, even though she didn't feel for him, what she felt for Reese.  Kelsey might love Justin, but if she feels he's wasting her time, she might find someone who will commit to her.  And if she does, she might marry that person, even if she doesn't feel the way about them, that she feels about Justin.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

Kelsey is putting way too much pressure on Justin.  It’s not like they’ve been dating ten years or even five.  Says a lot that he’s open to them living together in his family home.  Kelsey probably went off on Tameka at the party because of her insecurities about living with him when his name is probably the only one on the deed.  

I feel sorry for Jeff.  Clearly none of us know the real story behind their break-up but she seemed to have replaced a mature, manly husband with a goof.  As if she didn’t want the responsibility of dealing with grown people problems like the ones Jeff had.  He seems like a wonderful guy.  Hell, I’d get with him.

A wonderful guy, really? I see a very troubled guy. I was tired of his antics when I binge watched season 1, and, while I am not a Reagan fan, I  can only imagine how "done" she was long before the divorce. Reece is a total tool, but Jeff is scary, IMO. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Jeff is exhausting. I get why hearing about Reagans pregnancy was very upsetting, but he said himself he drove her away. He is lucky he has such good friends, but he needs to pull it together if he hopes to keep them.   I am assuming the constant nagging by Kelsie is probably a producer driven story line, but isn't she embarassed to appear so desperate? If you need to push that hard to get a guy to propose, just don't. It seems she also scared him with her announcement that she plans to be a stay at home mom. I won't be surprised if her next move is a pregnancy announcement. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, parrotlover said:

Hammond, so more like 25 miles😊, but have heard it’s definitely worth the drive.

Sorry, I meant worth the drive from Metairie for me..lol Should have been more clear, but like Reagan, made it all about me 😂

Looks like an awesome store. Next time I'm on the North Shore I will have to check it out. 

1 hour ago, chlban said:

Jeff is exhausting. I get why hearing about Reagans pregnancy was very upsetting, but he said himself he drove her away. He

I mean Jeff’s outburst was troubling and he needs to get help but he was actually taking it fairly well until Tamica called him a liar and refused to believe he didn’t know.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I'm pretty sure season one was filmed in 2017 (featuring Mardi Gras 2017).

I feel bad for Jeff because I think his demons are real and his reactions are authentic. Even acknowledging that he pushed Reagan away, it must still hurt him to realize how much his demons are sabotaging his ability to be happy and seeing how Reagan moved on so quickly in every way possible, it must have brought on a lot of self-doubts. Said it from last season that Jeff needs a lot of help and I think his friends are patient with him because they know that his behaviour is fuelled by other issues but that's also not a reason to take advantage of their goodwill toward you. At some point, you have to be willing to help yourself rather than expect everyone around you to simply accept you and your demons as you are. 

Doug was horrible with his timing and I agree with Barry that the pregnancy news should have come from Reagan, however, we saw Reagan say that decided that she wasn't going to tell Jeff and I wonder if Doug was aware of that. If he was, then I can understand why he didn't want to be in Jeff's home, smiling to his face and holding back such a secret...but they're friends, surely he had his number and could have had that conversation at least earlier in the day or later that night once the dinner was over. Watching Tamika rub salt in the wound not believing that Jeff didn't know, I felt like she was making a point. If Jeff and Reagan are so close like they claim, why wouldn't Jeff have known about her pregnancy? He was the first to know about Reese and he was the first to know about the engagement. I think Tamika was pushing the issue to demonstrate that the whole friendship that Jeff and Reagan are peddling is a facade.

I'm actually liking Jon Moody this season. He's funnier than I remember from last season. I loved the bit about Justin being on Moody Duty, haha.

If this show is producer driven in any way, I honestly don't see it as being obvious. So maybe it's possible that Kelsey is being intentionally extra about Justin but a part of me doesn't think so.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think that Jeff has had a series  of really crappy things happening to him, one after the other.

What I appreciate is that he's not in denial over it.  He's getting help and the group of friends is in his corner.  Most people would walk away from him at this point, but they continue to support. 

I also appreciate that he acknowledged he will lose his friends if he doesn't make real changes.  So I think Jeff really is a good person, trying hard to figure out his life.

Part of me wonders if his GP has checked his seratonin (spelling?) levels to see if they are depleted from all the blows he's been getting from life.  Mentally he needs help. But he might also be having a physical reaction also.  

Jeff won't be "100%" by the season's end.  Life doesn't work that way and I expect to continue to see him have issues.  You don't just magically change over night.  It's going to take time.

However, I think he's showing the desire to figure out and change his coping behaviors.

I'm rooting for him.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 12
(edited)
14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I am tired of Jeff and his theatrics.   The way he is acting, I wouldn't want to have kids with him either.  The way he knocked all that food off the table, broke the dishes?  No way.  I can see why Reagan wanted to unload him.  Reese is no prize but Jeff scares me.

I have to say that I don't care for Reagan or Reece at all. But Reagan seems much more at ease and happier with Reece than she did with Jeff. Now it might just be because she is in the honeymoon phase with Reece and we saw her at the end of her marriage with Jeff.

But Jeff seems awfully high-maintenance to me - emotionally needy and immature. Maybe he's trying to compensate for feeling emasculated by Reagan this past year, but the crack about cooking to make panties fall or whatever just got an eye roll from me. Why don't you just try to meet women in a sort of organic, less desperate way, dude? I'm not sure he has any other way about him.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I have to say that I don't care for Reagan or Reece at all. But Reagan seems much more at ease and happier with Reece than she did with Jeff. Now it might just be because she is in the honeymoon phase with Reece and we saw her at the end of her marriage with Jeff.

But Jeff seems awfully high-maintenance to me - emotionally needy and immature. Maybe he's trying to compensate for feeling emasculated by Reagan this past year, but the crack about cooking to make panties fall or whatever just got an eye roll from me. Why don't you just try to meet women in a sort of organic, less desperate way, dude? I'm not sure he has any other way about him.

I think the comparison between her relationship with Reece and Jeff is so extreme because we saw the tail end of a 10-year relationship that included increasing mental health concerns for one party versus a renewed love interest that's still fresh and then a baby on the way. There's a lot of new experiences Reagan is having with Reece that is extending the honeymoon phase (or maybe it's not a phase). She makes comments about how she normally doesn't like this or that but when Reece does it she finds it funny or endearing...I'm not sure if that's something that eventually wears on you or if she's just that in love with the guy who she had always wanted and now finally wants her back in the way she's always wanted him to reciprocate.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

She makes comments about how she normally doesn't like this or that but when Reece does it she finds it funny or endearing...I'm not sure if that's something that eventually wears on you ....

Especially when you add kids to the mix! She might not think his immaturity is that cute, anymore, when she's shouldering the burden of raising the kids.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I think the comparison between her relationship with Reece and Jeff is so extreme because we saw the tail end of a 10-year relationship that included increasing mental health concerns for one party versus a renewed love interest that's still fresh and then a baby on the way. There's a lot of new experiences Reagan is having with Reece that is extending the honeymoon phase (or maybe it's not a phase). She makes comments about how she normally doesn't like this or that but when Reece does it she finds it funny or endearing...I'm not sure if that's something that eventually wears on you or if she's just that in love with the guy who she had always wanted and now finally wants her back in the way she's always wanted him to reciprocate.

Yes, I suspect it is a bit of that "first love" fantasy. The second chance at the first guy you really, really wanted, although you may have been almost an entirely different person then. I will be real surprised if it lasts. For one thing,  this group, unlike Charlston, seems like a pretty smart bunch of people. Reese seems, shall we say, intellectually challenged? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10