Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: No Thanks Given

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, chlban said:

Yes, I suspect it is a bit of that "first love" fantasy. The second chance at the first guy you really, really wanted, although you may have been almost an entirely different person then. I will be real surprised if it lasts. For one thing,  this group, unlike Charlston, seems like a pretty smart bunch of people. Reese seems, shall we say, intellectually challenged? He may have also been the catalyst to finally end a bad marriage. Some people need that to leave. It rarely lasts.

(edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 3:47 PM, Toothbrush said:

Worth the trip from Metairie? 

Hell yes. I live an hour away and make a pilgrimage over there a few times a year just for the cheese/wine/liquor selection. The liquor store side of the building is equally as big as the grocery store side!

on topic: uhhh...I got nothing

Edited by Toodleoo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Jon Moody remains a silly sexy beast. I love his sense of humor, outrageous style, and commitment to bettering himself physically, creatively etc. I loved the Barry  "moody translation", absolutely hilarious.

Reece remains weird, but Reagan is into it. As others said above, I agree its more of a unrequited love situation and Reagan finally got the prize that had eluded her for many years. Prize being a term used loosely in this circumstance.

One can only feel bad for Kelsey at this point. Justin doesn't seem into marriage, and she indeed may be wasting her time.  As a professional RN myself, I hated hearing her say she wants kids and will not work once she has them.  That right there is probably a huge turn off to Justin. He works hard, she makes great money.  No need to stay home Kelsey, work some 12 hour shifts on the weekend if the baby/family ever does come to fruition, Justin can help care for the child and no daycare needed. Needy women that want to stay home all day to care for kids are a turn off to many men.  How do I know? Many dudes have told me, and appreciate someone that can bring in six figures into any relationship. Intelligence and independence are attractive Kelsey.  Move on if he doesn't commit girl!

Tamica remains messy, but she is so pretty she distracts me, like a bright shiny object.

I loved the lamb/dudes in the kitchen scene. Topical and timely subject matter made all the better watching Moody cook and call himself a renaissance man. Stay you Jon Moody! I am her for it!

• Love 7
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, nr65000 said:

WTF Tamika.  She just can't help finding someone's weak spot and hitting and hitting it until they explode.  She knew exactly what she was doing.  I don't get why, when they all know that Jeff is vulnerable here, she would do that.  It was pretty ugly to watch.  She does the same with poor Kelsey, always pounding on her relationship issues.  She is a truly nasty piece of work.  The only thing I would say in Doug's defense is that he said he was afraid Reagan's pregnancy would be brought up at dinner (and if I had to bet, it would be brought up by bigmouth Tamika) and that's why he felt he had to say something?  

I think that Tamika thinks she's actually being a good friend here. Remember the "fight" at Justin's was her saying "you keep saying you're good but we know that it's bullshit - just admit it"

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, RHJunkie said:

I don't think she believes that Reagan and Jeff's friendly demeanor is authentic. In her mind, I think she sees an explosive reaction from either side as the first step to gaining closure but like many things that come out of Tamica's mouth, it seems cold and thoughtless.

Exactly. To play armchair doctor for a moment, I think after her Dad's death at an early age, Tamika doesn't process grief the same as many people. She seems like the type to attack her grief and not wallow in it. You've got to be tough if you grew up celebrating your birthday on the anniversary of your father's death every year. I think she wanted to hear both of them say "This is really rough and I'm not dealing with it well", but Regan wasn't saying that because of sexy times with Beavis and Jeff wasn't saying that because … men.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:25 AM, lilmarysunshine said:

I have to say that I don't care for Reagan or Reece at all. But Reagan seems much more at ease and happier with Reece than she did with Jeff. Now it might just be because she is in the honeymoon phase with Reece and we saw her at the end of her marriage with Jeff.

Countdown to Regan being over Reece's behavior: Baby birth then 5....4....3....2.... divorce. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think that Tamika thinks she's actually being a good friend here. Remember the "fight" at Justin's was her saying "you keep saying you're good but we know that it's bullshit - just admit it"

But that came after months or actually two years of her being a complete asshat to Kelsey. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

But that came after months or actually two years of her being a complete asshat to Kelsey. 

I was only talking about her approach with Jeff. She clearly hazes Kelsey every opportunity she gets. Unfortunately, Kelsey never claps back. 

5 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Jon Moody remains a silly sexy beast. I love his sense of humor, outrageous style, and commitment to bettering himself physically, creatively etc. I loved the Barry  "moody translation", absolutely hilarious.

Reece remains weird, but Reagan is into it. As others said above, I agree its more of a unrequited love situation and Reagan finally got the prize that had eluded her for many years. Prize being a term used loosely in this circumstance.

One can only feel bad for Kelsey at this point. Justin doesn't seem into marriage, and she indeed may be wasting her time.  As a professional RN myself, I hated hearing her say she wants kids and will not work once she has them.  That right there is probably a huge turn off to Justin. He works hard, she makes great money.  No need to stay home Kelsey, work some 12 hour shifts on the weekend if the baby/family ever does come to fruition, Justin can help care for the child and no daycare needed. Needy women that want to stay home all day to care for kids are a turn off to many men.  How do I know? Many dudes have told me, and appreciate someone that can bring in six figures into any relationship. Intelligence and independence are attractive Kelsey.  Move on if he doesn't commit girl!

Tamica remains messy, but she is so pretty she distracts me, like a bright shiny object.

I loved the lamb/dudes in the kitchen scene. Topical and timely subject matter made all the better watching Moody cook and call himself a renaissance man. Stay you Jon Moody! I am her for it!

Hell, it's not even about making 6 figures; it's about being independent! Independence is sexy.  Even if you are feeling needy, hide it.  I've been in relationships where the man I was gaga over now becomes this needy, whiney person.  It's a huge turnoff.

• Love 2

I really don't understand Regan's attraction to Reese, except for that first love thing.  But she has really grown on me.  I don't blame here for getting out of that marriage with Jeff.  I feel bad for Jeff b/c he's likely got CTE and that's really devastating.  But I wouldn't want to be married to that.

9 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I think this is a fascinating and multi-faceted issue.  I see both sides.  I'm ultimately on the side of communication, which is something you touched on ^.

It probably is a turnoff to Justin, but what about what Kelsey wants?  Right now Justin is turning Kelsey off with his failure to communicate.  I'm not entirely sure what being an RN has to do with wanting to rear your own child.  I mean, I get what you're saying insofar as Kelsey's skilled, so it's not like she'd be working for minimum wage.  From what I understand, RN's do well.  But I'm a professional woman, and if I were to bear a child, I would want to quit my job and get a nanny (assuming I could afford it).  I mean, all respect, but I'm reading that you are suggesting that Justin work during the week (and he works long hours), and Kelsey works 12 hour shifts on the weekend?  In an ideal situation?  They would hardly get to see each other, and that worries me.  So many marriages go sour, lead to cheating and break ups because the couple puts their relationship last and forget each others' needs in favor of the child's needs.  I think that's a toxic combination.

Kelsey is wrong in that she seems to want to stay home and have Justin decrease his hours.  Who's gonna pay the mortgage, hun?  A good compromise would be to let Justin continue to work long hours, and let Kelsey quit her job if she wants to raise little ones.  And if that comes with a decreased standard of living, they both have to be willing to accept that or it won't work.  I wouldn't blame Justin for not being down with working 70 hour weeks, but not being able to take that Caribbean vacation because Kelsey bought matching outfits for the twins--ugh!

I don't think wanting to stay home and be maternal (not my bag, but hey) is any needier than a woman who has a child in daycare so that she can work, in the pursuit of some type of ephemeral satisfaction in "independence" (very many women wind up netting very little, considering the amount that daycare offsets their salaries. There is a woman I knew who left my field to stay home with her child because she confided in me she was only bringing home $100 a week after daycare). I'd rather stay home, read Chaucer while exercising on the elliptical, take the baby to the puppet theatre and kids museums, learn to cook gourmet, lunch with other moms, etc., and be $100 poorer at the end of the week, $5,000 poorer at the end of the year (assuming this amount isn't further offset by hidden costs, like gas in driving to the daycare, dry cleaning office clothes, etc).  

And if that's a "turn off" to any given man?  He can keep walking.  I suspect that Justin and Kelsey are not compatible, but Justin's behavior is just as much of a turnoff as Kelsey's.  It's going to be a long life if Kelsey has to go against her instincts and be a working woman just because she thinks this is what will keep Justin sniffing around.  

I just think in life we should do what we want as long as we can afford it, and I think me in my natural state is what is a turn on to men, not if I'm working 12 hour shifts and stressed out when that isn't where my heart is.  I mean, I know Reagan and Reece have as many flaws as the day is long, but it does appear that Reagan is indulging her heart, and for that she seems much happier and softer.  If she thought she had to be at Reagan Charleston until 7 each night to keep Reece interested, everyone would be unhappy.  I say just go with the flow, and rock on with your bad self if you want to stay home and raise children.  If a man doesn't like that, he is perfectly entitled to his opinion, but he should pick a different mate, and I applaud Justin and Kelsey for having the conversation now, when they can part ways without so much as a divorce decree.  Too many couples wait to have these super important conversations until the bundle of joy is on its way.

I just used the post as a jumping off point to make some points about relationships.  I think it's interesting fodder for discussion, and everyone has different values, which is fine. It would be a boring world if we all thought in lockstep.

• Love 8

Love your post, LibertarianSlut. I thought the kid talk made Kelsey look desperate at first—if Justin’s not even thinking of marriage seriously yet—but I’ve changed my mind. Good for her for being so honest. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think this is a fascinating and multi-faceted issue.  I see both sides.  I'm ultimately on the side of communication, which is something you touched on ^.

It probably is a turnoff to Justin, but what about what Kelsey wants?  Right now Justin is turning Kelsey off with his failure to communicate.  I'm not entirely sure what being an RN has to do with wanting to rear your own child.  I mean, I get what you're saying insofar as Kelsey's skilled, so it's not like she'd be working for minimum wage.  From what I understand, RN's do well.  But I'm a professional woman, and if I were to bear a child, I would want to quit my job and get a nanny (assuming I could afford it).  I mean, all respect, but I'm reading that you are suggesting that Justin work during the week (and he works long hours), and Kelsey works 12 hour shifts on the weekend?  In an ideal situation?  They would hardly get to see each other, and that worries me.  So many marriages go sour, lead to cheating and break ups because the couple puts their relationship last and forget each others' needs in favor of the child's needs.  I think that's a toxic combination.

Kelsey is wrong in that she seems to want to stay home and have Justin decrease his hours.  Who's gonna pay the mortgage, hun?  A good compromise would be to let Justin continue to work long hours, and let Kelsey quit her job if she wants to raise little ones.  And if that comes with a decreased standard of living, they both have to be willing to accept that or it won't work.  I wouldn't blame Justin for not being down with working 70 hour weeks, but not being able to take that Caribbean vacation because Kelsey bought matching outfits for the twins--ugh!

I don't think wanting to stay home and be maternal (not my bag, but hey) is any needier than a woman who has a child in daycare so that she can work, in the pursuit of some type of ephemeral satisfaction in "independence" (very many women wind up netting very little, considering the amount that daycare offsets their salaries. There is a woman I knew who left my field to stay home with her child because she confided in me she was only bringing home $100 a week after daycare). I'd rather stay home, read Chaucer while exercising on the elliptical, take the baby to the puppet theatre and kids museums, learn to cook gourmet, lunch with other moms, etc., and be $100 poorer at the end of the week, $5,000 poorer at the end of the year (assuming this amount isn't further offset by hidden costs, like gas in driving to the daycare, dry cleaning office clothes, etc).  

And if that's a "turn off" to any given man?  He can keep walking.  I suspect that Justin and Kelsey are not compatible, but Justin's behavior is just as much of a turnoff as Kelsey's.  It's going to be a long life if Kelsey has to go against her instincts and be a working woman just because she thinks this is what will keep Justin sniffing around.  

I just think in life we should do what we want as long as we can afford it, and I think me in my natural state is what is a turn on to men, not if I'm working 12 hour shifts and stressed out when that isn't where my heart is.  I mean, I know Reagan and Reece have as many flaws as the day is long, but it does appear that Reagan is indulging her heart, and for that she seems much happier and softer.  If she thought she had to be at Reagan Charleston until 7 each night to keep Reece interested, everyone would be unhappy.  I say just go with the flow, and rock on with your bad self if you want to stay home and raise children.  If a man doesn't like that, he is perfectly entitled to his opinion, but he should pick a different mate, and I applaud Justin and Kelsey for having the conversation now, when they can part ways without so much as a divorce decree.  Too many couples wait to have these super important conversations until the bundle of joy is on its way.

I just used the post as a jumping off point to make some points about relationships.  I think it's interesting fodder for discussion, and everyone has different values, which is fine. It would be a boring world if we all thought in lockstep.

Agree 100%.

I stayed home with my kids when they were young (and then some) and for our family, it was about a more easygoing lifestyle (not getting up and getting kids to daycare, etc) and we were willing to sacrifice financially for that. I don't think that's desperate or needy.

If her being honest about wanting to be a stay-at-home mom would scare Justin away, I'd say they don't really value the same things so that should be a red flag for their relationship.

• Love 5
(edited)

True New Orleanians: keep shoveling in the delicious food while all Hell breaks loose.

Haven't been watching this season. But what the heck is going on with Jeff? Is his reality TV showpiece going to be breaking out in a lunatic run whenever he gets mad? Seems scripted, as do his earnest declarations about friendship, moving on from Reagan, being a single guy, etc . He doesn't seem very bright, bless his heart.

And then we have Reagan's doofus fiance, whose existence seems entirely useless. He also doesn't seem very bright.

Tamika has no soul and is utterly self-absorbed.

Reagan doesn't want a life partner. She wants men she can control and who will indulge her every whim. She's reeling doofus in and her spots will change once they are married and the baby has come. I'm pretty sure she planned the separation, divorce and pregnancy to coincide with the show's production schedule. After all, she wants to be slender in her dream wedding dress. But have "gigantic boobs."

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3
(edited)

during dinner - Justin was saying he was busy preparing for a trail, taking a deposition, etc.

Isn't Kelsey isn't busy at work? that would have been a perfect come-back; like bro' I work and have a busy work life too - tough patient cases, unhappy patients, long hours, OT, professional issues.. She's a nurse right?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

I like Reagan and Reece´s relationship because it´s so silly and ridiculously cringy. But I think it must be totally fake though, no woman could ever honestly like Reece, I don´t know what happened to Reagan, I never liked her but I don´t think she´s this insane. I think she´s placed herself in a ridiculous position and is doubling down on her mistake. Or tripling down more like. For a tool, douche and idiot Reece is still indescribable. But he flaunts it and I love him for that. And I admire Reagan for the way she manages to smile through it and keep her mask on, I shiver everytime because I can´t help wondering what I would have done in her postition, if my boyfriend had said or done something Reece-like. I know we´re supposed to believe he makes her soooo happy and relaxed but I´d bet on it being a total act. But they are really funny, so I´m not complaining.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 2

If Kelsey wants to be a stay at home mom...I have no problem with that.  I was.  But at the same time, she can't complain about Justin's hours if she wants to live the same lifestyle she and Justin are living.  She wants it all but the reality is she has to make compromises for what she wants.  In the end, are they gonna make it?  I have my doubts.

• Love 1