Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Collision Course (Part II)

• Start Topic

Please don't let Davis be dead, please don't let Davis be dead, please don't let Davis be dead.

Now that the bad is out of the way, let's go to the goo.  And there was a lot of good in this episode.  Yo-Mack is back on the menu, you gotta like these two together.  I also like Deke and Snowflake as a couple, don't know why, actually being around the SHIELD team brings out the good in her, and makes her happy.  Of course when Mack is reunited with his best friend, he almost breaks his back with a hug.  I really liked the way Jaco went out.  Sarge had left Snow behind, and killed the other cat.  On the SHIELD side, he saw a complete family, a group that would never leave one of their own behind, unless they exhausted every other possibility there could be.  He knows they went to deep space to retrieve Fitz.

Just, please don't let Davis be dead.  He and Piper have to stick around for the show's entire run.

• Love 18

Well, the good guys get a win. Yeah, Jocko sacrificed himself while Snowflake got to live, she’s now in a toxic relationship with Deke, and May just shot Sarge point blank in the head. Oh, and there’s still more episodes left. But a win is a win. Mac got Yo-Yo and he snarked “Toldja” at Sarge. That’s a win.

And we got a lot of reunions, as FitzSimmons returns to the fold. Lots of celebratory hugging. Aside from Deke “reuniting” with his “Bobo,” it was fun to watch. Poor Leo . . . he doesn’t know he has a grandson, and he’s a total wanker.

Did I hear someone bring up five years or something? Are we still in the MCU?

8 minutes ago, Jediknight said:

Please don't let Davis be dead, please don't let Davis be dead, please don't let Davis be dead.

I kept waiting for him to Shrike out.

• Love 3

Yeah, Izel has clearly somehow hitched a ride in Davis' body.  It better not done permanent damage, or you are so on the list, Izel!

So, Sarge basically ended up being his worst enemy in the end, as he pretty much all of his allies way due to the flippant way he treated their lives in order for the greater good or whatever (even though he never seemed to be the one to sacrifice himself.  Hmm..)  Oh, and got his ass kicked by Mack, which was great as well.  Sucks to be you, Sarge!  And then there was that final tag...

Heh, glad to see that Fitz still finds his grandson to be an annoying pain in the ass!  Doesn't matter what multiverse he's from, that (and loving Simmons) will never change!

As entertainingly insane as she is, I'm glad Daisy was like "Yeah, sorry bud, but your girlfriend is a psycho murder.  She's getting locked up!" about Snowflake, because that would have been dumb as hell to not have her contained.  At least Deke apparently got her a nice television, so he's winning at the whole boyfriend thing, even its for a mass murder (not to mention he clearly still harbors feelings for Daisy the most.)

Hey, Yo-Yo and Mack are back on the menu!  Can't wait to see what ends up screwing up this nice reunion!

Fare thee well, Jaco.  At least you came through at the end.

Episodes end with Melinda putting a few caps into Sarge, but, yeah, she clearly is being controlled by Izel.

• Love 7

Well, that was nerve-wracking. First the whole "damn, who will survive this" and then waiting for the second half of the episode for the the other shoe to drop.

Davis better not be dead!! But I fear he served as some sort of vessel…. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Yeah, Izel has clearly somehow hitched a ride in Davis' body.  It better not done permanent damage, or you are so on the list, Izel!

I thought maybe Izel had hitched a ride in May, but it's probably Davis.

Could Snowflake murder Deke next, please? The writers have deeply misjudged the appeal of this character (inasmuch as it appears they expect him to have any). 

• Love 3
(edited)

There were some little details I loved: various people at the party drinking Zima, Yo-Yo rocking some S.H.I.E.L.D. leggings, Jemma's face when Fitz told her she smelled good.

A nuke would be trivial to disarm if you had Daisy's powers. Well, an earth nuke at least. If it's a gun-type device you break the path or squash the uranium "bullet". If it's an implosion-type device you pull the explosives off of it. There's handy diagrams here. But we needed that nuke for the end so I will fanwank that these obvious solutions would not work because it's a space nuke and it works differently.

Edited by dwmarch
  • Love 6

Yo-Yo kicked some serious ass tonight. Daisy quaking a nuke so critical mass could not be achieved and just feeling the frequency of the Shrike hoard is putting her up there with Wanda Maximoff among the current MCU characters.

I spent the entire celebration waiting on Davis to turn, but not into May. I am ow going to drop the Sarge as a Chronicom theory and go with something Izel did that went wrong.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, Sandman said:

Could Snowflake murder Deke next, please? The writers have deeply misjudged the appeal of this character (inasmuch as it appears they expect him to have any). 

Aw, come on, I love Deke!  He’s positive, inventive, brilliant!  Ok, ok, he easily can get on everybody’s nerves but I think his grandpa is a piece of work too...

Edited by sisterspoon
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Did I hear someone bring up five years or something? Are we still in the MCU?

Mac did when he was talking with Daisy. I think he was referring to everything she’s seen since she joined Shield but it was a weird line. It could be interpreted either way. 

7 hours ago, swanpride said:

Davis better not be dead!! But I fear he served as some sort of vessel…. 

Assuming May is Izel’s current vessel I doubt it’s fatal. 

I wonder if Sarge is a former vessel. It wouldn’t explain how he’s connected to Coulson but it would explain how he knows so much about Izel. What if Sarge’s entire team is former vessels? 

Edited by Guest

Mmm...Mack says "mumble mumble last five years"....Damn, I really don't understand him there. But considering that they are talking about strange things Daisy has seen, I guess he is talking about the time she spend with Shield.....if yes, that would set the current season in 2018....

• Love 1
10 hours ago, dwmarch said:

There were some little details I loved: various people at the party drinking Zima, Yo-Yo rocking some S.H.I.E.L.D. leggings, Jemma's face when Fitz told her she smelled good.

I especially liked that Jemma and Fitz exchanged drinks at one point. 

10 hours ago, Sandman said:

Seconded. If she does, I will personally let her out of jail, Quake's opinion be damned. I think a non-Izel influenced May would agree with me. I know some really like Deke but since he got to Earth he's been a whiny waste of space, except he got rich by stealing SHIIELD technology.  Which is not a plus in my book.

Loved the Mac-Turbo hug. Henry Simmons is just so huge. Iain De Caestecker looked like a little child in his arms. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I liked this. Had me guessing exactly how the shield crew were going to get out of this mess.

I thought that perhaps Deke was going to pull out a last-minute miracle to disarb the bomb. Good thing Daisy's around.

Speaking of Daisy, I like when the show remembers she can do a lot more with her powers than just break down doors, and propel peaple into walls. First, the whole stabalizing of the bomb so that it wouldn't go off, then demolishing the shrek(?) in one fell swoop. That was a nice shot. I liked  Snowflake's wonderment about how all women on this planet are so powerful, and May's smirk when she said "yes, they are."

While I can see how Isreal caught a ride in someone's body, I don't think she was in control of May when she shot Sarge. May was just talking with Yo'-Yo about how she should have killed him when she had the chance to, and how she kept thinking this man was anything like Coulsen. So I think shooting him was completly her idea.

Edited by StarBrand
grammar is good, kids
  • Love 3

This show managed to pull all those disparate plotlines into a good episode.  I enjoyed it all.

I'm with all of you, Davis is possessed.  I knew something was going to happen as soon as he agreed to go after Izel with Jaco.  At least he seems to be alive...?

Under these circumstances I don't buy May shooting Sarge.  Something else is at play, whether she's being mind controlled, or Izel somehow assumed her form. 

I feel like Sarge still has a role to play, so I wonder how he survives this.  Izel said he never had any memories, which makes me think again that he's a clone.  Perhaps Coulson left some DNA behind on the blue planet when they went to rescue Simmons, and someone decided to use it.

I was glad they got to take a breath and celebrate, even if doom is lurking once again.

2 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

I especially liked that Jemma and Fitz exchanged drinks at one point. 

He handed her a Zima, which had to have been gotten for him by Deke.  I think he needed some real beer to get rid of the taste.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, MisterGlass said:

He handed her a Zima, which had to have been gotten for him by Deke.  I think he needed some real beer to get rid of the taste.

I'd have to look again, but I am pretty sure that the next time we see them. Simmons is drinking a beer and Fitz the Zima.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Loved the Mac-Turbo hug. Henry Simmons is just so huge. Iain De Caestecker looked like a little child in his arms. 

Loved it. Mac is a big teddy bear, I'd like a bear hug from him ;-)

I had to laugh at Fitz drinking Zima, I remember my Zima days lol.

Deke's hickies Bahahaha!

Love Yo-Yo and glad she's back with Mac.

Bye Jaco, thanks for trying to put an end to it. I'm a softy for big men with a soft voice like Jaco and Mac.

I hope Davis is still in there. Now that I think about it maybe him falling asleep meant Izel left him to possessed May to kill Coulson?

I really enjoyed this episode. But we never got the answer on why Sarge looked like Coulson.

Yay, the team is back together!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

I know some really like Deke but since he got to Earth he's been a whiny waste of space, except he got rich by stealing SHIIELD technology.  Which is not a plus in my book.

Exactly! Whiny AND entitled is not a good look on anyone. And I just can't find the "Bobo" thing funny or endearing. Dude, he has no kind of relationship with you! It'd be creepy if he did know you. 

• Love 1

I hope Davis isn't dead. I felt it was odd that Piper wasn't questioning him passing out like that.  I thought the second that Mack told him to stay back and help Jaco (sp) fight, he was dead then. Then I was releaved that he escaped with them. Did she somehow get in him? That sounds weird as there is no evidence of her being able to come someone else.

Anyhow, I'm glad that Fitz and Simmons made it home. It was nice to have for the most part a fun reunion scene and later party. Hopefully they will drop the stupid Deke and Daisy story and that she never falls for him. He is annoying at best, kind of wish he wasn't taking up so much screen time.  Anyhow, I was glad to see Mack and YoYo get back together. As well as YoYo having a chance to kick ass this episode with her powers.  I was glad that some of the other crew realized evil-coulson didn't care about them and they could help Shield and still get what they wanted.  As for the ending, I didn't see that coming but I was glad when May shot him. Hopefully she did kill him. He was not Coulson and I didn't like the character. While I like Clark Greg, they killed Coulson therefore his role on the show.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, blueray said:

I hope Davis isn't dead. I felt it was odd that Piper wasn't questioning him passing out like that.  I thought the second that Mack told him to stay back and help Jaco (sp) fight, he was dead then. Then I was releaved that he escaped with them. Did she somehow get in him? That sounds weird as there is no evidence of her being able to come someone else.

It must have been what Davis and Jaco split up. As Jaco was doing a very non-stealthy creep up the stairs he sees that Izel has disappeared but hey look, it's Davis! And he has no idea where she went either...

I think some explanation of the body hopping is due eventually because that's part of the central mystery of why Sarge is identical to Coulson.

• Love 5

I guess this will end in another round of "which person can't we trust because it is under the sway/has been replaced"....let's hope they find a way to make it different from the last two times they did it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I too am worried about Davis. In previous episodes he has told various characters the story about what happened to him with Aida and how it's crazy he survived so I hope this becomes an on going inside joke where he gets in all these bad situations but survives every time. And hopefully this lasts until the end of the series so we never have to lose him. 

I thought it was odd Piper didn't think it was strange Davis passed out mid conversation (and never woke up!) but she did just spend a year with him in space, she knows him better than we do, maybe this is normal???

Poor Jaco sacrificed himself for nothing ☹️

• Love 7
(edited)

I loved that, evidently, Fitz wanted to be called “Bobo.” And Fitz’s kind of befuddled, but pretty patient interactions with Deke at the end were cute.

Deke’s excitement and Fitz’s response reminded me of my nephews when they were about 12 and 8. The 12yo had been on a trip with me and when my brother picked us up at the airport, he warned him that the 8yo had missed him and would likely be “in his face” when we saw him. At dinner that night I looked over at the boys and the 8yo was about three inches from his brother’s face, talking a mile a minute at him. And the 12yo had this amused, tolerant smile on his face. It was very sweet.

Edited by bethy
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Affogato said:

So we got the happy ending over with so next bit may be disquieting and maybe lead to a cliffhanger...?

I doubt if we get a seasonal cliffhanger, even if the renewal came early. I look at this season as well as the next as a bonus season as leaving Coulson and May on Tahiti was the obvious series finale moment.

• Love 1
(edited)

May's a swerve, and something actually happened to Davis. I don't know, because both are reeking of obvious choice is obviously obvious... and if I recall, May's already been used as a compromised character, hasn't she? Or the other characters' thought she was, hasn't she?  I'm going with something more is going on with Davis. 

I actually really enjoyed the episode.

I need more Deke and Fitz.

I'm still in the Not Coulson wasn't interesting at all. His banter with Izel this episode was the extent of it, and his rogues were the only "cool" thing about him.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
1 hour ago, CyberJawa1986 said:

May's a swerve, and something actually happened to Davis. I don't know, because both are reeking of obvious choice is obviously obvious... and if I recall, May's already been used as a compromised character, hasn't she? Or the other characters' thought she was, hasn't she?  I'm going with something more is going on with Davis. 

The only plot they like more than possibly evil May is FitzSimmons torture. Coulson finding out May was secretly reporting to Fury, Agent 33 posing as May, her LMD replacement and HydraMay inside the Framework. 

Its pretty impressive how they managed to take so many disparate storylines and bring them all together for a really kick ass episode. I am so happy everyone is together again, and that they got a win...at least for now. Of course Izel is still kicking, and it seems like Davis might have been used as a vessel for her to escape. Poor Davis, he better not die from this, and instead turns into another "wow cant believe I survived that!" story for him to break out at SHIELD functions. He and Piper need to survive the whole series to snark and just barley escape death damn it!

I also think that May has something going on, no way would she just walk up and execute Sarge like that, its just not how she does things. She would certainly kill him if she had to, but killing him while he is unarmed and no longer a threat? I dont buy it, something else is affecting her. 

I am kind of liking Deke and Snow, not afraid to admit it. Its miles better than his increasingly weird crush on Daisy. They're weirdness kind of fits, although I am totally glad that Daisy had her locked up. She might be on the side of good for now, but Snow is clearly a deeply unstable murderer with a massive body count, she probably shouldn't left in an area filled with weapons. 

Speaking of, I hope that, as annoying as he may be, FittzSimmons can mentor their grandson a bit and point him down the right path. Deke is pretty annoying and selfish most of the time, but he is still kind of in desperate survivor mode from his life in a post apocalyptic hellscape, and is desperate to be loved and appreciated, so I think they can help him get out of that mindset and back onto the straight and narrow. 

Poor Jaco, but at least he finally came around and went out fighting. I never thought he was really a bad guy, and I figured he would turn on Sarge eventually when he saw how casually Sarge treated human (or alien or whatever) life.

I dont think thats the last we`ve seen of Sarge, considering we still have no clue who the guy is, or why he is Coulsons double. 

Awwww I loved all the reunions, but Mack giving Fitz a massive bear hug was my favorite. Fitz looked so tiny!

• Love 7

Well, it was a trip watching Deke fail to disarm the nuclear bomb in this episode immediately after rewatching the pilot, in which Ward bragged about being the guy you want around if you need a nuclear bomb disarmed!

• Love 1

So why didn't they use the convenient portal making device to rescue May and company first?

And yes, Snowflake, honey, if you murder Deke I will totally forget your previous murders and will proclaim you to be a great character after all. Why does the show turn into a sitcom when Deke is around this season? He was mostly pointless in the second half of season 5 but at least he actually was on the same show as the rest, not on "Five Minutes of Forced Jokes with Deke".

I hope May isn't possessed, Sarge totally had this coming. I very much enjoyed how everyone turned their backs on him. I do wonder how they even put up with him for so long, though.

Daisy can be awesome when all storylines aren't about her and Coulson isn't around to give speeches about how she is the greatest ever. Too bad it took so much time for the writers to realize that. Good on Daisy for not being interested in Deke and wanting Snowflake to stay behind bars, though I wonder how long this will last.

Yes, Mack you won the award for the stupidest reason for dumping your girlfriend. You are lucky she still wants you back. Talk about pointless contrived angst.

The party was nice but I kept wondering "If you have so many new agents, why did you take only Davis on the mission to save FitzSimmons". And, speaking of that mission, why did Davis say "Me and the ship go way back"? When exactly did he travel on that ship?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/13/2019 at 9:30 AM, Loandbehold said:

I'm finally catching up with this show, and I have to say... this was probably my favorite moment of the episode. In a previous episode, when Mack saw that FitzSimmons weren't with Daisy when she came back, his face just fell and broke my heart. In that moment, I said to myself, "When Mack finally sees Fitz, he better give him a gigantic hug or it won't be true to character. I mean it. He better pick Fitz up off the ground."

I was partly joking about the Mack picking Fitz up off the ground part, I really didn't think they'd go that far, I figured they'd just fit in a manly pat on the back. So you can imagine my extraordinary delight when Mack did pick Fitz up and squeezed the heck out of him. That was the BEST. It made me so happy.  😄 

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 3

Not sure what it was but this episode really grabbed my attention more than the last few I watched. I actually cared what happened.

The most shocking part though was when Daisy opened the door for the alien bats, I didn't realize how blonde her hair was because most of her scenes are in poorly lit rooms.

Although it kind of annoyed me how long the Mac vs Sarge fight went on for. Mac is so much bigger than Sarge that he should have been able to finish him off much quicker.

• Love 2