Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Whoever it may be, Luann has been like this since the first season.  Ten apologies for the same thing aren't enough either.   

Luann has barely apologized for anything and when forced or pressured its always with a but and a deflection.    Then its quickly forgotten and we are back to square one.

I think Dorinda nailed it when she said Luann has no substance. Imo, she never has.

Right.

At the reunion Lu says “it all started with the heckling”, meaning it all started with Dorinda so ‘The Grand Apology’ should be from Dorinda to Luann. That completely ignores that there was a reason Dorinda was in a foul mood and began heckling. The nub of it all was Luanne not mentioning Dorinda when she thanked Jovani (on stage) for the loan (?) of the Jovani dresses. I think it’s the lack of a public acknowledgment that really got Dorinda seething.  If I remember correctly, the dresses were only available because Dorinda took Luann to the Jovani store and made the introductions.

Has Dorinda ever explained this to Lu, or is she too busy defending the ‘heckling’ accusation? I’d say ‘own’ the heckling.... “yes, I was heckling you about Jovani because you didn’t thank me (on stage) for being the one that got you the Jovani dresses!”.

So... I think it all began with Lu’s often shown ‘Countessy’ attitude and Modis Operandi: expecting and receiving much from the world with little gratitude, or at least not enough in the eyes of her cast members.

• Love 15
On 7/12/2019 at 9:29 PM, Higgins said:

I don't have the amount hair for braids but I wish I did .  I would wear them often.

Neither does she.  They always add fake hair to her when they style it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Finally watched this episode and oh my God, I like Bethenny, but shut up about Dennis! If I have to hear about how Dennis tried to pull her to the otherside with him one more time. Shut up! He had kids, be respectful.

I feel badly for Dennis' actual family. She's still using him to prop up her ego even in death. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Right.

At the reunion Lu says “it all started with the heckling”, meaning it all started with Dorinda so ‘The Grand Apology’ should be from Dorinda to Luann. That completely ignores that there was a reason Dorinda was in a foul mood and began heckling. The nub of it all was Luanne not mentioning Dorinda when she thanked Jovani (on stage) for the loan (?) of the Jovani dresses. I think it’s the lack of a public acknowledgment that really got Dorinda seething.  If I remember correctly, the dresses were only available because Dorinda took Luann to the Jovani store and made the introductions.

Has Dorinda ever explained this to Lu, or is she too busy defending the ‘heckling’ accusation? I’d say ‘own’ the heckling.... “yes, I was heckling you about Jovani because you didn’t thank me (on stage) for being the one that got you the Jovani dresses!”.

So... I think it all began with Lu’s often shown ‘Countessy’ attitude and Modis Operandi: expecting and receiving much from the world with little gratitude, or at least not enough in the eyes of her cast members.

And we know this is a trigger for Dorinda, I mean remember the nutcracker? Bethenny thanked Dorinda, but not enough or something? I don't know.

If I were Dorinda, and refused to own the heckling I'd say, I can see how it came across, but that wasn't my intention. You know give a Luanne excuse/non apology.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, divsc said:

she instantly grabs on to that lifeline and repeats it. It happens so quickly, but if you watch for it, it's there.

Oh yeah I have noticed that too. She takes a word or phrase and makes it her own, stealing it from who just said it.  She does it constantly.

She has no original thoughts, she has no capacity to even create a fake persona.

She also has that annoying habit of saying "right?" after saying something, kind of a strong arm way to make people agree with her. She did it about her new house and the song. No agreements from anyone, just crickets.

• Love 8
(edited)
11 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Yes. That wasn't cool of Dorinda.  Luann actually looks really good in Jovani.  It just shows me that Dorinda is still hurt about Luann not being appreciative.

Just like the 'nutcracker'!!    --- oops, sorry, I got so tickled when I saw that I replied --- should have kept reading the remainder of posts.  hahaha, this is a good reason for me to generally just read and not post!!

Edited by oftentimes
stated above -- I jumped the gun!
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Luann has delusions of grandeur, but it wasn’t a good look for Bethenny to start screeching over her as she talked and repeatedly compare her to Billy Joel and Madonna. If Lu felt like she was living in a fishbowl and wanted to move elsewhere...so? It just made them all look like idiots for caring that much. 

• Love 12
On 7/11/2019 at 9:16 PM, TexasGal said:

Only Ramona would give the full address for where she wants to move on national tv.  Good thing they could censor it out.  Weirdo.

And she always says she’s a good business woman.  I don’t see where, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/11/2019 at 9:22 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Oh God, Dorinda is the LEAST equipped to help Beth through grief. Dorinda clearly still hasn't processed her own grief (or anger or rage or something) plus she's so incredibly self-centered about everything. 

Word to the Wise:  Don’t EVER accept a favor from Dorinda.  She’ll throw it up in your face FOREVER.

• Love 13
On 7/11/2019 at 9:38 PM, Bronzedog said:

Either that or to distract her so she'll shut up.  He's supposed to be resting.  In peace.

OMG .. too funny.  You’re on a roll tonite. Lol.

• Love 2
On 7/11/2019 at 10:14 PM, AnnA said:

Maybe it's payback for missing last year's reunion.

ETA:.  And because she asked for a $3.5 million salary.

$3.5 all because she’s now croaking .. I mean singing.  A Countless and a croaker equals 3.5.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/11/2019 at 10:17 PM, breezy424 said:

You guys are on fire.  By the time, I've gotten here I can only add the 27th shut up Beth.  She going a hundred miles an hour about herself.  And sorry Beth, Scott appearing on the show a couple of times doesn't mean he wants to be a regular so you're not right to make that argument.

Yeah Lu.  You justify your horrible behavior by constantly saying you were dealing with your own 'stuff'.  No excuse.

Why do we have to see Beth's reaction to 'everything'? 

Tin's reactions for the most part (when we actually got to see them) was mostly annoyed.  I wanted to sit next to her.  Good for her that she admitted she heckled.  As someone else said, she won the night.

Yep.  Luann keeps saying she went through a lot.  Yeah, you did go thru a lot because you chose to.  You married the wrong guy, your choice, you drink too much, your choice, you assaulted a cop, your choice, you went to jail, your fault.  Why should anyone feel sorry for you?  You dig your own grave time after time.  Everyone should feel sorry for you and give you a pass because you fuck up?  Don’t go on national t.v. and say you went through a lot as it is insulting to us, the viewers.

• Love 15
On 7/11/2019 at 10:52 PM, FairyDusted said:

I still want to know about that janky kitchen in Lu's guest room! 

I Love NY! Even if I have to watch it 4 times to get it straight.

I used to ski (a hundred yrs ago) in all of New England.  Her house looks like a rental for those that ski.  A whole group comes in to sleep, cook and drink.  They usually need two kitchens.  Summer renters too.  Guess lots on this blog have done that also.   I watch N.Y.  at least 3 times .. just love them.  Just can’t with BH, OC.  Oh geeze, next comes New Face Vikie.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Whoever it may be, Luann has been like this since the first season.  Ten apologies for the same thing aren't enough either.   

Luann has barely apologized for anything and when forced or pressured its always with a but and a deflection.    Then its quickly forgotten and we are back to square one.

I think Dorinda nailed it when she said Luann has no substance. Imo, she never has.

What exactly should Luann be apologizing for?  She doesn't run her mouth insulting other cast members. She isn't mean or spiteful. She shows up to the other ladies events to support them.  So she's self-absorbed and feeling herself? Tell me which of them aren't.  The difference is that she has things going on her life and the other women resent the screen time that affords her.

If they've truly been friends for 13 years, and Luann has always been the same, then it appears to be Dorinda's issue.  I know that I would have a hard time trusting someone who came at me like Dorinda did in Colombia.  Dorinda expects Luann to forget and for their friendship to go back to where it was. Instead, Luann now treats Dorinda like a co-worker, similar to Bethanny.  imo, that's on Dorinda. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, snarts said:

What exactly should Luann be apologizing for?  She doesn't run her mouth insulting other cast members. She isn't mean or spiteful. She shows up to the other ladies events to support them.  So she's self-absorbed and feeling herself? Tell me which of them aren't.  The difference is that she has things going on her life and the other women resent the screen time that affords her.

If they've truly been friends for 13 years, and Luann has always been the same, then it appears to be Dorinda's issue.  I know that I would have a hard time trusting someone who came at me like Dorinda did in Colombia.  Dorinda expects Luann to forget and for their friendship to go back to where it was. Instead, Luann now treats Dorinda like a co-worker, similar to Bethanny.  imo, that's on Dorinda. 

That’s a great point.  If someone said to me what Dorinda said to Luann in Colombia, I wouldn’t look at them again, but it is a show so ... guess they have to be civil.  I’m wondering if they are friends in real life.

• Love 5
On 7/12/2019 at 9:10 AM, Mondrianyone said:

I saved you the trouble.  And you can save yourself by snapping it up here for $34 and change.  The dangling sash doubles as a snatch guard.

Really basic question: is it legal for Sonja to represent AliExpress clothes as items she designs and manufactures as “Sonja Morgan” when it’s a blatant lie?  I know DVF was trying to change elements of copyright law to stop similar frauds years ago as head of the CFDA but that’s alls I know and alls I know is dated.   (Not as dated as Sonja’s dress and facial tape, of course.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I would have liked to learn just HOW Barbara got power of attorney.  Bethenny made it sound like she had it too but that might have just been her notorious exaggeration of fact.  Also, even though I have criticized Luanne for many things, going to upstate NY seems like it was the first good decision she made in a long time.  Didn't Kelsey Grammar do the same thing when he was recovering?  That area attracts people who want to get away from their social scene.  If Luanne stayed in the Hamptons she definitely would have been photographed everywhere and the chances of being arrested again were real.   Why Bethenny chose that to attack I have no idea other than it made  filming for the show more inconvenient because going up there means your cell phone won't work half the time as mountains interfere with reception.  For this reason alone, people I know won't vacation there. Then there's the wildlife that will kill your dog. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Also, Bethenny is such a hypocrite it makes me sick.  She  attacked Luanne for dating married men!  Dennis was married. She called Luanne a snake and a whore to her face!  Bethenny attacked John and said he used drugs but dated Dennis.   She demanded that Tinsely call Scott but would never have done the same.  Bethenny has homes all over the place and travels out of the city all the time, but Tinsely can't do the same and this becomes a topic in the preview.  

OH my god.  You're like a lawyer!  You've stacked up a great case here!  I want to applaud.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, ladle said:

Luann has delusions of grandeur, but it wasn’t a good look for Bethenny to start screeching over her as she talked and repeatedly compare her to Billy Joel and Madonna. If Lu felt like she was living in a fishbowl and wanted to move elsewhere...so? It just made them all look like idiots for caring that much. 

Ha, totally. But you just know, somewhere in Lala land with lollipops and cartwheels, Kelly Bensimon is throwing gummy bears at her tv and muttering that Bethenny just called her Madonna. 😄

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Yep.  Luann keeps saying she went through a lot.  Yeah, you did go thru a lot because you chose to.  You married the wrong guy, your choice, you drink too much, your choice, you assaulted a cop, your choice, you went to jail, your fault.  Why should anyone feel sorry for you?  You dig your own grave time after time.  Everyone should feel sorry for you and give you a pass because you fuck up?  Don’t go on national t.v. and say you went through a lot as it is insulting to us, the viewers.

Okay... these are really good points too.  LOL.  Luann was fucking INSUFFERABLE about Tom.  I just forgive and forget so much easier for her because as long as she's not hurting other people I don't really care.  The poor thing tends to end up hurting herself.

For example, she was horrible about the fish room.  As a viewer it was funny, but as Dorinda it was very rude.  I don't really care about her not inviting John though.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, divsc said:

Agreed. And even from watching old seasons lately, I've been noticing these patterns where Luann has a very hard time coming up with her own thoughts. There are so many instances where  she can't quite express what she means, and it's weird, but someone always seems to be trying to help her out by suggesting a word or trying to fill in the silence or guess at what she means, and she instantly grabs on to that lifeline and repeats it. It happens so quickly, but if you watch for it, it's there. She kind of latches on to whatever excuse or explanation or justification someone offers up for her. I'll have to start paying attention to specific instances. (Mention them all! Haha). I do feel bad when she goes up against Bethenny, because she just doesn't think that quick and isn't as pithy and articulate - most people are not. But yeah, I just don't get the sense there is a lot of substance there.

She doesn’t argue well. And u hit the nail on the head. When she grabs on to something someone offers up she does herself no favors. Sometimes It creates a sloppy defense that down the line bites lu in the ass. A big example was her beef with Carole. That got so messy cause Lu let whatever “reason” fly as to why she was in her feels about Carole and Adam and by the time she finally addressed what really didn’t sit well there had been a few different back and forths about Adam being her chef, a close family friend, not really age appropriate yada yada. Lu doesn’t like to put too much out there so even when she’s getting called out she’s not ready speak on shit so when other people chime in she’s thinks she can just roll with whatever’s being said. I think that’s also her way of not accidentally slipping and sharing too much. Or stepping in more shit. This reunion I was happy that she was able to stick closer to what the problems were with the others and I’m actually relieved that there hasn’t been too much overreaching when it came to Lu so far. Minus Ramona’s declaration about her drinking. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Okay... these are really good points too.  LOL.  Luann was fucking INSUFFERABLE about Tom.  I just forgive and forget so much easier for her because as long as she's not hurting other people I don't really care.  The poor thing tends to end up hurting herself.

For example, she was horrible about the fish room.  As a viewer it was funny, but as Dorinda it was very rude.  I don't really care about her not inviting John though.  

Yes, I agree.  I still love her.  She doesn’t start trouble, isn’t mean and doesn’t bother anyone as far as I see.  She just makes wrong choices and gets in real trouble, but I guess that’s on her.  She’s her own worst enemy, but otherwise, she’s o.k.  She just shouldn’t say she’s gone thru a lot as it’s always her fault.  Drinking is her enemy.  I’ll bet she’s back to drinking after her probation.  Who’s drinking, who uses coke, who takes pills, etc.  Troublesome.  They all have money, clothes, jewels, homes and are miserable.  Those men in N.Y. City want young girls, and can get them.  Except Bethenny.  That big mouth can get a guy in two minutes anytime she wants, as she just has it where men are concerned.  I went off on a tangent.  Forgive me.

• Love 3
On 7/11/2019 at 9:17 PM, breezy424 said:

Tin's reactions for the most part (when we actually got to see them) was mostly annoyed.  I wanted to sit next to her.  Good for her that she admitted she heckled.  As someone else said, she won the night.

She really is the only I would consider likeable from this cast. Sure, she's got problems. Mostly, though, I find her situation kind of sad. If she wants kids, she's pretty much wasted her childbearing years and now she realizes it.

And my heart broke for her losing Bambi.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I'm one of the few that loves Lu's house, that view, all those windows looking onto water, and the quiet. Tins is younger and needs the nightlife, so did I at one time. 

I don't think Tinsley doesn't like the quiet because she needs the nightlife of this city. I think it's because Tinsley is shallow and terrified of being alone and couldn't handle having to live in that much quiet because she would then have to actually THINK about her life, her choices, etc. You know, shit people think about and contemplate when they're alone and being quiet. But Tinsley can't deal with that. She's always gotta have something swirling around her for attention and I think she lives in hotel because she has staff at her beck and call 24/7. If she needs diversion she can order up room service or call housekeeping and someone will come to her and she can waste their time yammering on about Bambi or some such nonsense. I like her in that she's normally not a bitch and has manners, which let's face it, is a rarity with this group, but deep and introspective she aint.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, tranquilidade said:

I would have liked to learn just HOW Barbara got power of attorney.  Bethenny made it sound like she had it too but that might have just been her notorious exaggeration of fact.  Also, even though I have criticized Luanne for many things, going to upstate NY seems like it was the first good decision she made in a long time.  Didn't Kelsey Grammar do the same thing when he was recovering?  That area attracts people who want to get away from their social scene.  If Luanne stayed in the Hamptons she definitely would have been photographed everywhere and the chances of being arrested again were real.   Why Bethenny chose that to attack I have no idea other than it made  filming for the show more inconvenient because going up there means your cell phone won't work half the time as mountains interfere with reception.  For this reason alone, people I know won't vacation there. Then there's the wildlife that will kill your dog. 

I’m wondering if she goes up there and drinks to her hearts content.  I love that house, especially the deck overlooking the river.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 7/11/2019 at 10:16 PM, nexxie said:

Lu seems really desperate about that show of hers - like she’ll melt into a puddle on the floor if she can’t be on a stage somewhere, anywhere. Sad. 

I’ll bet as long as she’s on the show, they will keep coming. People love that cabaret stuff.  

On 7/11/2019 at 11:07 PM, goofygirl said:

These reunions are ALWAYS "The Bethenny Show"... Kind of tiring. Like nobody ELSE in the world has BETHENNY'S problems, and she feels free to insert her opinion on any and EVERYTHING being discussed, whether she's involved or not.

I'm tired of her and her opinions, frankly.  I do LIKE these nutjobs, but dang if I want to watch all the Bethenny ass kissing.  The whole thing is just...... UHHH....

Maybe I'm just TIRED. PERIOD. OF ALL OF THEM!

You’ll be baaaack, with the rest of us come next season, lol.  It’s addictive.  I’m wondering who’s staying and whose going?  Anyone know?

• LOL 1
40 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m wondering if she goes up there and drinks to her hearts content.

That is what I think it happening, plus she needed a new supply of men.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 7/12/2019 at 2:43 AM, film noire said:

I've been laughing since I opened the thread - thank you, one and all ; )

I was planning a nice Sunday out in the sun, and here it is 4p.m. and I’m still in my pj’s reading this shit since I got up this morning.  My eyeballs are falling out and I’m only up to page 3.  I had to get BH over with.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Really basic question: is it legal for Sonja to represent AliExpress clothes as items she designs and manufactures as “Sonja Morgan” when it’s a blatant lie?  I know DVF was trying to change elements of copyright law to stop similar frauds years ago as head of the CFDA but that’s alls I know and alls I know is dated.   (Not as dated as Sonja’s dress and facial tape, of course.)

I am not a lawyer, but I think Sonja's clothing line is legal.  Relabeled clothing has been around for decades.  Its just easier now to find the originals on the internet.   Also, many sellers on Etsy do the same thing and it's up to the buyer to determine what is handmade and what was purchased from Ali Express.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I used to ski (a hundred yrs ago) in all of New England.  Her house looks like a rental for those that ski.  A whole group comes in to sleep, cook and drink.  They usually need two kitchens.  Summer renters too.  Guess lots on this blog have done that also.   I watch N.Y.  at least 3 times .. just love them.  Just can’t with BH, OC.  Oh geeze, next comes New Face Vikie.

I know what you mean on group ski trips, but her house only has two bedrooms. Everyone had to stay at a hotel! So you would think one kitchen would be enough. Oh well! I agree on how I can watch and re-watch NYC and none of the others!

Edited by divsc
  • Love 3
On 7/12/2019 at 8:45 AM, Pondlass1 said:

Why do they always look so much worse and haggard during these reunions?  Is it cruel lighting or something? 

It’s the lighting and makeup piled on thick.  Take all that off and we probably look better than all of them. If it weren’t for the makeup, hairdressers and clothes, they all would be average or under.  And who wants to get Botox injections?  All that Botox probably went to Ramoaner’s brains as she’s slipping up left n right.

• Love 4
On 7/12/2019 at 8:11 AM, sasha206 said:

Right?  She's insufferable.  I think she's truly enjoying the drama of his death.

I’m pro Bethenny, but, I don’t think she should be talking about Dennis at all.  He wasn’t her husband, her fiancé technically, just a boyfriend or very good friend.  It’s too much.  There is no respect for his family, even if the wife had a boyfriend.  He had children, and I’m sure they don’t want to hear all that.  Shame on Andy too for letting her go on and on.  I’ve never heard so much talk about a deceased person as Dennis.  Shame on all of them.  It’s really disgusting.

• Love 13
On 7/12/2019 at 9:43 AM, SweetieDarling said:

When she was crying about how he promised her the best Mother's Day and then never showed up and left her and Bryn all alone, as if they were stranded somewhere, I was waiting for her to say it was because he chose to spend the day with his wife, the mother of his children.

Is Paul still married as well?

Paul is/was married??

1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

That is what I think it happening, plus she needed a new supply of men.

Not up there unless it’s a guy from the liquor store or CVS.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Not up there unless it’s a guy from the liquor store or CVS.

who delivers 🙂

Does she have a flashing vacancy sign that we didn't see?

Pirates welcome !

• LOL 6

It’s Andy’s fault !   I’m watching the reunion for the second time.  It was Andy every time that asked Bethenny about Dennis.  When she would answer, he would fire another and another question about Dennis that she would continuously answer.  I dont think there was one time that she mentioned him except when asked.  Andy is the culprit.

Dorinda:  I would not be comfortable being Dorinda’s friend.  You would have to be very careful what you do or say to set her off.  Her friendships come with many strings.  She will pull one every time she doesn’t like something you do or say that doesn’t fit with how she feels.  Luann was continuously defending herself when Dorinda hit her with too many things that offended her.  Luann was pretty nice answering her.  Every little thing bothers Dorinda.  At my Communion, I got one prayer card.  How many has Dorinda got, 1000!  Who gets that?  Nobody.  I have to continue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Ramona’s hair stylist did her no favors. The “beach waves” are falling out and she looks like she just rolled out of bed. Bethenny’s super straight hair with the odd front layers also looks drab and ages her with the severity. Sonja looks great from the neck up but the dress is an atrocity. 

• Love 7

Until someone dies.  Then it really does matter.  

Why? Unless they don't have an updated will, I don't see why it matters. 

More than half of all Americans don't have a will.  The rest don't bother to update it at all--especially when it comes to adding girl/boyfriends to the will and taking out the ex.  

Prince, Aretha Franklin and famously Howard Hughes died without wills.

RHoOC fans will remember that Tammy Knickerbocker's ex famously didn't have a will and  because he was married, his wife got everything and his two adult daughters got nothing.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

It’s Andy’s fault !   I’m watching the reunion for the second time.  It was Andy every time that asked Bethenny about Dennis.  When she would answer, he would fire another and another question about Dennis that she would continuously answer.  I dont think there was one time that she mentioned him except when asked.  Andy is the culprit.

Dorinda:  I would not be comfortable being Dorinda’s friend.  You would have to be very careful what you do or say to set her off.  Her friendships come with many strings.  She will pull one every time she doesn’t like something you do or say that doesn’t fit with how she feels.  Luann was continuously defending herself when Dorinda hit her with too many things that offended her.  Luann was pretty nice answering her.  Every little thing bothers Dorinda.  At my Communion, I got one prayer card.  How many has Dorinda got, 1000!  Who gets that?  Nobody.  I have to continue.

It's Andy's fault?   Really?   How can that be?   I thought everything was Bethenny's fault.........the earthquakes in California, the floods in the Midwest, the hurricane in New Orleans, the blackout in NYC, etc., etc.. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
(edited)

Re Lu’s alleged mental  vacancy - imo, she’s had a few zingers in the past. To wit, something like, “Be cool, don’t  be all uncool; Even (famous  shoe designer) makes mistakes;  Thug in a designer /cocktail dress,”  etc. , -  IIrc.  Nobody tops Methenny in this regard but many of her comments are glaringly unoriginal, straight from the 80’s.  And I got more outa Lu’s ouefs a la francaise* recipe than from trained chef/cook (tm Kelley?) Beth’s demos of avocado toast (halve and spread), dessert (spoonfuls of frosting from a can) or roast turkey a la nouvelle  (sans heat - on dit, la salmonella est si chic!)

Edited by telemachus2
Damn autocorrect changed this to *franchise :)
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, AnnA said:

It's Andy's fault?   Really?   How can that be?   I thought everything was Bethenny's fault.........the earthquakes in California, the floods in the Midwest, the hurricane in New Orleans, the blackout in NYC, etc., etc.. 

Yes.  Andy is the troublemaking little bitch yenta.  Bethenny also was responsible for the Con Ed blackout uptown last night where all the housewives live.  Thank goodness Beth lives in the Village. Hahaha.  But that’s right .. they all are in the Hamptons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/12/2019 at 3:04 PM, sasha206 said:

I'm widowed as well.  I certainly don't blame Dorinda for not having John live with her or stay over.    I am quite happy with my high school crush, but he's not living with me and I see no reason for us to ever go that route.  Keeps the romance alive to have separate places!

But I do think Dorinda treats him like shit.  He may enjoy whatever crumbs she gives him, but the only positive comments she ever makes about him is loving that he's a dry cleaner.  If that's his only appeal, let him go.  I wouldn't waste my time with someone whose only appeal is what they could do for me materially.  I know she said she "enjoys him" but when they film the two of them together, it sure doesn't seem like it.  Find someone that truly makes you happy. It may require you being alone for a while, but why date someone you don't seem to give two fucks about?  

If she met someone better, she would dump him in a flash, but she hasn’t.  She doesn’t want to do dinner alone, so she keeps John.  She thinks she’s better than him and uses him.  He’s hoping she’ll change her mind and commit.  Maybe when she gets older, they’ll live together, but that’s it IMO.

• Love 8
On 7/11/2019 at 10:43 PM, Emmeline said:

I didn’t like that Dorinda is now mocking Luann’s $400 Jovani dresses.  She seemed to appreciate the brand before LuAnn started wearing them at her shows.  That company could not even keep up with demand after they dresses were worn on the show.  That said, both Jovani and Naeem Kahn are available at Nieman Marcus.  I believe this is Dorinda’s reunion dress on sale for $585.

74AAC339-DD2E-4C15-ABED-4E7C7C1ABBF0.thumb.png.a5239ead73a08a8f2f6af29aa8be6eb1.png

I still think Seventeen magazine prom issue when I hear Jovani so it just cracks me up that Lu is going to town on a single about it.

On 7/12/2019 at 7:03 AM, ChitChat said:

I am not trying to defend LuAnn's boorish behavior, but I do think that the other ladies kind of overlooked what daily struggles LuAnn was going through with trying to stay sober.  I can't imagine being around the other HWs while they drink incessantly.  I don't know how she restrains herself in those situations!  I think she needs this show and the money too much to quit it, so I guess she'll have to figure out a way to deal with that part of it.  

The challenge with this, for me, is that Lu is wrapping herself in the "struggle" of sobriety, but not actually doing any of the work of being sober.  She chose to go the route of having a drinking problem to avoid the consequences of her actions (threatening to kill a cop, assaulting a cop), which is fine, I don't fault her for that.  But she hasn't actually complied with the terms of the probation she was given.  It shouldn't have been difficult for her to go to rehab, go to the mandated meetings, do the community service and be done with it.  We know from news reports that she wasn't complying with the terms and conditions at the very same time that she was going on and on to the women, on camera, about how hard it is to be her and how hard it is to be sober and do all of the work, etc.  It rings hollow, since she clearly wasn't doing it, otherwise why not do the breathalyzer as mandated? Why not go to your meetings? Why refuse the ankle monitor? 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:52 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t believe Lu trying to push out tears during her hug and make up with Dorinda. Fake...all the way. I don’t know if Dorinda’s tears were real, but it could be the overpowering emotions felt while waiting to get a drink. 

This.  I was laughing so hard at Lu in this scene.  They make her watch her own behavior, ask her to explain how she felt watching it back.  She knows she has to say something that isn't "I don't have a problem with it, they shouldn't treat me like that!" So she comes out with "Well, you know, this was so difficult for me, it just makes me feel cold inside" and then when Dorinda kind of starts to say something negative to her again, she jumps up and runs over to hug her with "I don't like the way you are looking at me right now!"  Andy is all "Oh look! They are making up!" And I'm sitting there like, wait, did anyone else notice that Lu hasn't actually apologized or said she did anything wrong? She totally made it about herself, made Dorinda apologize and somehow has Dorinda thinking she apologized, but she never did. 

On 7/12/2019 at 2:07 PM, bravofan27 said:

Ramona was SUCH A BITCH to say that she thought Luanne was drinking  on the side. How completely fucked up is that? Ramona has the classic toxic Catholic blame personality. Just ridicule and humiliate people so they will shape up. 

It's true, though?  We know from her probation issues that she was drinking.  

On 7/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, sasha206 said:

Ha, well admittedly I'm 52 and I have very strong feelings on hairstyles on women after a certain age.  Like I HATED Kyle's long jet black hair and also Vanderpump's hair! I'm not opposed to braids per se, but I don't like the two braids in the front like Tinsley wears.  

I also hated Lu with the braids! I'm sure they look cute on you!

180418_3704482_This_Might_Be_the_Most_Aw

I think many people can wear braids at a variety of ages.  I also think Lu looks like an idiot in braids. 

On 7/12/2019 at 7:30 PM, ChitChat said:

What she has done is great, but it doesn't negate the fact that she can't sing very well.  I think the ladies get irritated at being expected to make continued appearances at her shows.  I could handle one or two of them, but any more than that wouldn't be something I'd want to do.  I think they've seen enough.  It would be like Tinsley being Ringmaster of the circus every night for months.  Sure, the ladies would go a few times, but after that they'd be done! 

I understand that this is LuAnn's big moment, but I can also understand why the ladies get tired of hearing about it.   I do think they were unfair to her in certain moments, but on the other hand, LuAnn can be rather snobbish about things.  I think the ladies need to be a little more understanding about her struggle with alcohol, but LuAnn needs to tone it down with the "show biz" talk.  

Lu has to understand that her cabaret is basically like when your little kid learns a new song at school or gets a recorder and their whole class learns to play hot cross buns.  Everyone who comes over to the house is willing to humor your child and listen to them play the song, because little kids are cute and even though recorders are annoying, it's what you do.  You listen to the song, you clap and praise them.  Then you pretty much expect that the kid is redirected off to something else, not that they launch into 2 hours of recorder recital.  If this happens every time you go to that person's house, people will stop visiting.  Lu is the kid with the recorder, and everyone has heard her damn songs. 

On 7/12/2019 at 8:58 PM, tranquilidade said:

Can someone explain to me why  Ramona was chastised so harshly for saying Dennis used drugs when now we find out he would disappear for days at a time suggesting some sort of substance abuse as a rational explanation.   Didn't Bethenny say he was a no show for Mother's Day and left her frequently alone?  What was the reason if he was not using drugs? 

Ramona said, "How smart can Dennis be? I mean, he was on drugs." Saying he used drugs is one thing, but saying he was stupid because he used them and died is horrible.

On 7/13/2019 at 1:14 AM, chewycandy said:

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but Sonja taped her face back? What? And Andy said that’s how old Hollywood did it. I guess I’ve sort of heard about that before, but why would she need to?

image.png.09bbd6cf77e791f34a95f01d5f235d3f.png

On 7/13/2019 at 11:30 AM, hypnotoad said:

On the one hand I get that - she cannot sing and has been a bit overboard about it all. On the other hand though, we and they have had years of skinny girl crap, Ramona's wine and skin care and whatever it is that Sonya does. I mean we had Jill's business with Bobby. We had Carole and her stuff. We've had housewives with different business ventures.

So they cannot suffer Lu's one thing? And if they don't want to go to another performance, don't go and too bad if she is upset. Or maybe explain to her that you just don't feel like seeing another performance.

It's different to me when they have an event to attend for a product (or a product is at an event), and what Lu is doing, because if Ramona has a launch party for her skincare line and someone else has a prior commitment they can drop by for 30 minutes and leave.  Bethenny has a party for the holidays and yes, her products are the ones served, but the party itself is for the holidays.  People can come late, leave early, whatever.  With Lu's cabaret it's a specific time commitment and she has demands for pre and post show.  

I absolutely think all of the women should go and see her, but they've gone several times.  Getting mad that Bethenny couldn't stay the whole night for the Halloween thing was crap, as she told her ahead of time she had to leave by a specific time and Lu didn't bother to try to visit with anyone ahead of time (and Sonja was also a host of the party, so Lu could have been down talking to the women too).  She gets mad when they arrive and interrupt her pre-show (despite the fact that there are like 30 other people in her dressing room), and then is upset if they aren't there ahead of time too.  Then they have to stay for so long after, it's just a no win situation. 

• Love 16

I'm so over Dorinda and I used to like her (mainly because we got to visit Blue Stone Manor at Christmas 🙂  But now she's just this mean drunk.  When she starts her little chanting rave with her hand going I give her the side eye.  It was funny at the Italian place when I first remember her doing it along with Clip! but now it looks like a problem with alcohol and she doesn't even know she's doing it.

I think her whole problem with Lou is she's lost her drinking buddy and it makes her feel like a drunk instead of two 'girls' having drinks and fun.  She is in total denial about any wrong doing.  I can't stand this because she sure calls everyone else out on real or imagined slights. If Lou went back to drinking/partying with her they'd be best friends again-- all forgiven. She's thinking like an addict.

I don't know what her problem was with Tinsley on the last show-- it seemed like jealousy.  She looked like a mean old drunk bullying Tinsley and stating she didn't believe what Tinsley was saying about her relationship with Scott.  I mean, other than Sonja who always seems to have a problem with Tinsley, WHO CARES? They all have their boyfriends and other womens boy friends and ex husband boyfriends.  Who are any of them to judge Tinsley?  I can't believe I rewatched the last two episodes (fast forwarded 1/2 reunion until I stopped seeing Beth's trying-to-cry face) so I watched an episode and a half.  And I'll probably rewatch the entire season next year before Season 12 begins because I'm Bravo's Ho like that 😞 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, stcroix said:

I'm so over Dorinda and I used to like her (mainly because we got to visit Blue Stone Manor at Christmas 🙂  But now she's just this mean drunk.  When she starts her little chanting rave with her hand going I give her the side eye.  It was funny at the Italian place when I first remember her doing it along with Clip! but now it looks like a problem with alcohol and she doesn't even know she's doing it.

I think her whole problem with Lou is she's lost her drinking buddy and it makes her feel like a drunk instead of two 'girls' having drinks and fun.  She is in total denial about any wrong doing.  I can't stand this because she sure calls everyone else out on real or imagined slights. If Lou went back to drinking/partying with her they'd be best friends again-- all forgiven. She's thinking like an addict.

I don't know what her problem was with Tinsley on the last show-- it seemed like jealousy.  She looked like a mean old drunk bullying Tinsley and stating she didn't believe what Tinsley was saying about her relationship with Scott.  I mean, other than Sonja who always seems to have a problem with Tinsley, WHO CARES? They all have their boyfriends and other womens boy friends and ex husband boyfriends.  Who are any of them to judge Tinsley?  I can't believe I rewatched the last two episodes (fast forwarded 1/2 reunion until I stopped seeing Beth's trying-to-cry face) so I watched an episode and a half.  And I'll probably rewatch the entire season next year before Season 12 begins because I'm Bravo's Ho like that 😞 

I know, that's so weird they are so hung up on if Tinsley was still talking to Scott or seeing Scott for not. I mean, here we find out the Dennis was actually going to a bunch of reunions with Bethenny, whether they were together at the time or not. She didn't want to be alone either. Even if they weren't "together" at times, she still liked the emotional security blanket of still having someone and not being "alone." Who are they to judge if Tinsley kept some single guy around (on the train to nowhere as Bethenny said), because she just wanted to - for whatever her reasons are. 

• Love 13