Type keyword(s) to search

Kenya Moore: Twirl! Twirl!

• Start Topic

It's just personal preference. All I think of is deer, hawks, TICKS, isolation, raccoons or squirrels, it being dark, constant debris, risk of limbs and trees falling on the house or cars, sap dripping on cars or large amounts of shit from birds, that bizarre driveway, the risk of flooding that Sheree mentioned I hate flooding and standing water, & not being to walk her dog at night, her leaving it outside to tinkle and getting murdered the way Velvet was.

• Love 1

I think Kenya has a great location, and the fact the house is still under construction is much ado about nothing. The first house I designed and built with my ex-husband looked very much like that during the early stages of building.

Seems Kenya is having trouble with getting her house completed.  I don't know if I believe the contractor made that many mistakes.  http://allthingsrh.com/exclusive-interview-with-rhoa-star-kenya-moore/  She may be taking a seat next to Sheree at the waiting for my house to be done depot. 

• Love 3

I know a guy who used to work for the company who was working on Kenya's house. He quit because he wasn't being paid. At all. The construction company owner is a crook. Kenya needs to find a better, more reputable firm to do her work.

ugh, this is part of the reason I don't know that I could ever build a house from the ground up.  All these things you have to think about and probably don't have much control over.

42 pages?  I'm gonna call it Kenya's extended pamphlet, or Kenya's longish short story.  I also scanned the first two pages and....huh?  I love Kenya and her hustle, but I'm gonna call this one a solid miss.  No worries, onto the next venture!

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 1

This is interesting. I only read like 20 PGA just after the ^ above comment I made but it is interesting a lot of what she wrote there 11 yrs ago are things people in the episode thread said about the situation.

• Love 2

It was an interesting read, but I'm quite confused. What was that first part? At first I thought it was a recollection until it started sounding like an LSD trip. Then we are introduced to the sweet faced grandmother who she actually hates and then a doctor is talking to her.

Second part gives more insight, but Kenya tells us point blank that she needs to create a movie of her history from tidbits. I get confused determining what she knows firsthand, what she has been told and what she has imagined.

In the end, Kenya's story is straightforward. She's pissed because this damaged woman who is her mother won't mother her. But given the story that Kenya has told, I'm surprised she doesn't exhibit the more intense curiosity about what happened to her mother. In one excerpt she does wonder if her mother suffered trauma, but there's a clinical detachment. On the show, when her father said how hurt he was when Kenya ran away from home, Kenya's face showed that detachment. Granted her father sounded somewhat silly making that claim, but we don't know what kind of kid she was. She had the balls to head back to Detroit on her own. In her first chapter she says she hated her grandmother for not being her mother and who knows how long she held on to that grudge. She also mentioned being pissed not living at the financial standards of the Moore's.

Her tidbits about her grandfather send out so many red flags but again she seems detached.  I'd like to read more even though her writing style will be a problem for me.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 2

Wow, I know Kenya is a drama queen but damn that is heart breaking. My 14 year old daughter is adopted and last year I found her biological mother. When my daughter found out that yes, her mother really did love her and really did relinquish her rights so she could have a better life, it was like the weight off the world lifted off her shoulders. Despite the fact that I've told her that for years, she needed to HEAR IT FROM HER. I can't stress enough the trauma of feeling like your mother has rejected you. As if in ALL of nature you are the exception. Then add to that the fact that the grandparents raised her "born out of wedlock" cousin but " gave" her away....no wonder Kenya has issues.

• Love 8

My work server doesn't like this link but, ya'll?  The title of the book is Invisible. 

I wish she did read these boards, she'd know she had a lot of support.

I feel like she has a small, but vocal group of supporters.  But her detractors are so....loud and....passionate.

Although, at the same time, since I think 85% of her is an act it may not bother her.  Knowing that people really have turned a corner by seeing her real life may make a difference.  But, in her position, I think it would be hard to read some of the comments from people who seem to somehow blame her or turn the situation into her fault.  That has to be rough.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 2

Yeah I suppose it would depend on how she responds to criticism overall.  In my head I think she'd benefit.  No shade to the it's not Patricia's fault camp, a good deal of it seemed to use who she was at 15 as understanding/absolution.  Something tells me Kenya would not only be able to see that, but she might even agree with it.   I'm not a fan but even I can acknowledge that though she may not be owed a conversation, she deserves one.

• Love 5

Yeah I suppose it would depend on how she responds to criticism overall.  In my head I think she'd benefit.  No shade to the it's not Patricia's fault camp, a good deal of it seemed to use who she was at 15 as understanding/absolution.  Something tells me Kenya would not only be able to see that, but she might even agree with it.   I'm not a fan but even I can acknowledge that though she may not be owed a conversation, she deserves one.

You're right.  I think she seems to take most of it in stride.  However, that may be the benefit of being a character most of the time.  You know, if someone criticized Larry Hagman for being a jerk, he probably took it in stride because they really hated JR Ewing.

I think Kenya has said a few things that makes me think that she gets the 15 and pregnant thing, so you're probably right.  

All this talk of black women and Dallas makes me want a bedazzled Stetson hat too!

• Love 2

Well.  Unless you're planning on running for the House of Representatives, this simply makes no sense.   ;-)

Chicken or the Egg.  Do I buy the hat first and then suddenly I get a position in Congress, or do I have to get a position in Congress first and then buy a bedazzled Stetson?

I can see a situation where I'm walking the streets in my fabulous and mysterious Stetson and someone is like "look at that bold woman, she should be in Congress!"

• Love 7

Um.  that is not what they'd be saying about you but it's ok, I'm here to tell you the truth.   We haven't yet (progressed?) to the point where we can be gimmicky and electable.  First get your seat, then I'll drive you down to the Michaels.

• Love 6

My work server doesn't like this link but, ya'll?  The title of the book is Invisible. 

I wish she did read these boards, she'd know she had a lot of support.

Nobody wants to support "the crazy beautiful woman".

Remember when she was called every names in the book by Phaedra?

Jealous toad, IMO.

The book excerpt is hard to read because of both content and style.

I can now see why she is single and why she dated among other Iron Mike.

• Love 3

Um.  that is not what they'd be saying about you but it's ok, I'm here to tell you the truth.   We haven't yet (progressed?) to the point where we can be gimmicky and electable.  First get your seat, then I'll drive you down to the Michaels.

So....I shouldn't show up to the city council meeting in my bedazzled Yosemite Sam hat?  Too bad :(

I figured someone would be like "you know, that proposal to stop water saving measures doesn't sound like it makes sense....but look at that hat she is wearing, no one would wear that hat unless they knew what they were talking about and had the facts to back it up, we should give her a chance!"

• Love 3

Nobody wants to support "the crazy beautiful woman".

Remember when she was called every names in the book by Phaedra?

Jealous toad, IMO.

The book excerpt is hard to read because of both content and style.

I can now see why she is single and why she dated among other Iron Mike.

Girl you keep shocking my ass to death. Lol!   Kenya dated Mike Tyson?  Forgive me if this is in the book I can't open that link.   Dang.  You know why that has me stuttering.  She must have either smart or cute, ideally both.  I don't wanna block my blessings, ya'll finish the rest.  LOL!! 

So....I shouldn't show up to the city council meeting in my bedazzled Yosemite Sam hat?  Too bad :(

I figured someone would be like "you know, that proposal to stop water saving measures doesn't sound like it makes sense....but look at that hat she is wearing, no one would wear that hat unless they knew what they were talking about and had the facts to back it up, we should give her a chance!"

I'm not one to talk a girl out her dreams.   Just make sure we get a copy of the footage.

• Love 4

Girl you keep shocking my ass to death. Lol!   Kenya dated Mike Tyson?  Forgive me if this is in the book I can't open that link.   Dang.  You know why that has me stuttering.  She must have either smart or cute, ideally both.  I don't wanna block my blessings, ya'll finish the rest.  LOL!! 

I have no problem blocking my blessings from time to time. Lol

She dated Mike at the height of his career.

And I don't think that neither Mike or Kenya realized at the time, how much they had in common.( no shade)

You mentioned that if Kenya read this board, she would see how much support she has...

She can't see shit thru the hurt.

• Love 4

It was Kenya's birthday today and her bf Matt (from the show they're still together) give her 2 Yorkie puppies she named King and Twirl.

They looked really happy in the pictures . I think he's ligit one pic he was in his underpants lol .

• Love 2

It was Kenya's birthday today and her bf Matt (from the show they're still together) give her 2 Yorkie puppies she named King and Twirl.

They looked really happy in the pictures . I think he's ligit one pic he was in his underpants 

I'm happy if she is happy, but I still think he has crazy eyes.  But he also has a nice body and seems to share her sense of humor.  

• Love 1

Thanks for that link. After reading the comments here I was going to give it a pass, then decided I'd read a couple of pages. Now, no doubt the beginning was straight cray, and she could REALLY benefit from an editor ... but somehow 2 pages turned into 20 and before I knew it I'd read all 42 that quick. Once you get past the beginning, it does take on some shape and you find yourself sucked in reading about the Moores.

While it starts off like Kenya was trying for some 6,000 word NaNoWriMo attempt (and I peeped the original date being 11/11/2011 FWIW), with some more work and again, a good editor ... I'd read it.

iWow, I know Kenya is a drama queen but damn that is heart breaking. My 14 year old daughter is adopted and last year I found her biological mother. When my daughter found out that yes, her mother really did love her and really did relinquish her rights so she could have a better life, it was like the weight off the world lifted off her shoulders. Despite the fact that I've told her that for years, she needed to HEAR IT FROM HER. I can't stress enough the trauma of feeling like your mother has rejected you. As if in ALL of nature you are the exception. Then add to that the fact that the grandparents raised her "born out of wedlock" cousin but " gave" her away....no wonder Kenya has issues.

I have two biological and two adopted children. My adopted children also needed to hear from that they were loved from their birth families. In both cases, their birthmothers are like Kenya's. The longing never seems to go away and somehow these adopted children are left to make sense of it all. My children had contact with their birth families as well. IMO, private, closed adoptions are better because the children have some rest from their pain. YMMV.

I tire of Kenya's anger but what is she supposed to do with all of that pent up rage?

• Love 1

On a lighter note, Matt gave Kenya two adorable little Yorkie pups for her birthday. That's a good guy, I hope they stay together.

I thought that was very sweet.  She will always know that those dogs were given to her during a happy time, and since they were given to her she doesn't have to feel guilty about "replacing" Velvet.  Even if he is a "showmance" he seems like a nice, solid guy.

• Love 3

You know...I have been thinking about it (which is probably sad), but I think what hurt Kenya the most was the fake showmance with Walter.

It was not just that Kenya broke the fourth wall for the show, but that Walter was the one not claiming her.

Think about it Kenya is a former Miss. U.S.A. and was often cast as the hot girl in a lot of nineties sitcoms and movies.  Walter was a totally average guy who had nothing special in the looks, fame, money, or personality departments.

He is the one who should have been jumping up for joy that a former beauty queen was even looking his way.  Instead, we get this bizarre scenario where he refused to claim her.

It introduced Kenya as crazy and desperate.  Everyone was also wondering, how bad is this girl that Mr. Joe Schmoe does not even want her. 

Then in later seasons, Kenya refused to put any of her real life on screen.  She claimed to be dating an African prince that no one had ever seen or heard of.

She might as well been that sad girl in the class who prints out a picture from the internet and tells everyone that is their boyfriend (yes, some girl in my school did this).

She might get the big bucks being a quasi villain on this show, but it really has come at the cost of her dignity.

• Love 7

Kenya honey, you should REALLY make an appointment with good old Dr. Jeff and get SOME of your ridiculous behavior under control. Your are starting to look straight up crazy. And this is NOT GOOD even though you make the big $$$ for doing it. Stop. Enough already.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 2

it really has come at the cost of her dignity.

Dignity? What's that. DO ANY of these ladies have much of that left? IF the ever had any.

Kim has her's and people are criticizing her for being "boring." I'm team kim all the way.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 2

Dignity? What's that. DO ANY of these ladies have much of that left? IF the ever had any.

Kim has her's and people are criticizing her for being "boring." I'm team kim all the way.

People lose their dignity a lot times by virtue of signing up for this show.

If you join the circus you don't get to complain about the clowns.

• Love 2

If Kim was worried about her dignity, she would not have signed up for this show.

And while, I might be wrong, that doofus she is married with is not right.

He might not be gay ( who cares really) but I bet you that he has issues.

The way he speaks to her bugs me and he needs a JOB.

Frankly, he reminds me of Towanda Braxton's husband with a hint of Trina's.

Although, I like Kim in general, mainly because I loved Regina ,she needs to get off her high horse .

Kenya is nuts. There is nothing more that I can say about her.

• Love 2
qtpye, I get what you are saying in your post. On a separate note, not discounting your post at all, I think Walter is a dream boat! I think he is handsome, nice, suave, makes me need vapors when I see him in a suit, smart, intelligent, humorous, not going to put up with anyone's ridiculousness. And I heard he is wealthy, from hard work. I wish I was in the market because I would completely go down to Atlanta and throw myself at him.

I am not saying he is all that bad.  Kenya obviously likes the light skin brothas and Walter had his own business.  I also give him credit for not going along with her bull shit.

What was stupid was her not dropping it once he outed her scam.

She should have said, "Busted, I called up some random from my past, it ain't all that serious".  Instead, she said that Walter was lying and was not claiming her.  It's like "Hello, weren't you Miss U.S.A?".

Either you are lying to the audience twice, first about pretending to be in a relationship with this guy and second, not coming clean when outed, which ruins your credibility with the audience.

or

You have build up a fake relationship with a pretty average type of guy in your head and he is not claiming your psycho ass.

Neither, were a good look for her.

• Love 4

Not sure, does that mean Kenya will think Beyonce is giving her a shout out or will she think Beyonce stole her twirl line? I heard Beyonce and twirl yesterday during her super bowl performance and my first thought was: Wow! Beyonce just took twirl over. Wait is that an earthquake felt around the world or did Kenya see it also?

Both? But mostly thinking it will elevate her ego that Beyonce is using - admittedly - Kenya's line. Back when she first used it, Beyonce and Kelly were filmed doing the twirl and gone with the wind fabulous bit, which got Kenya excited that she knew it. (And shit, I'm no Bey fan but I'd be excited if someone on her fame level was reciting some shit I had done!)

But now a single and clothing? I don't know if Kenya can claim copyright infringement on that line, but if she can't, I'll bet she will protect her quips from now on in case something hits.

• Love 1

Both? But mostly thinking it will elevate her ego that Beyonce is using - admittedly - Kenya's line. Back when she first used it, Beyonce and Kelly were filmed doing the twirl and gone with the wind fabulous bit, which got Kenya excited that she knew it. (And shit, I'm no Bey fan but I'd be excited if someone on her fame level was reciting some shit I had done!)

But now a single and clothing? I don't know if Kenya can claim copyright infringement on that line, but if she can't, I'll bet she will protect her quips from now on in case something hits.

That grassy knoll shit'll get em every time won't it though?  She too busy being flattered when she needed to be studying that B's obviously a hw fan.  Beehive Legal is already on it.  She can't be sued for I twirl on my haters because Kenya can't prove she ever uttered that phrase even though it's clear the spirit of the idea is hers.  What have we learned from history Mr. Tesla? Oh you were the originator of AC/DC and the modern day phenomenon we know today as electricity that your friend Edison has the credit for?  For real?  Prove it.  Yeah?  She don't even need history, her own castmate ran to the USPTO office with who gone check me boo.  Every time somebody uses that on anything doesn't Sheree smile?  Lol.   It's grimy but I'm not sure how mad I can be at a chick who flat out says I'm not here to play witchu hoes, I came to slay, bitch.   G'awn and make your paper thickarella.

• Love 6

That grassy knoll shit'll get em every time won't it though?  She too busy being flattered when she needed to be studying that B's obviously a hw fan.  Beehive Legal is already on it.  She can't be sued for I twirl on my haters because Kenya can't prove she ever uttered that phrase even though it's clear the spirit of the idea is hers.  What have we learned from history Mr. Tesla? Oh you were the originator of AC/DC and the modern day phenomenon we know today as electricity that your friend Edison has the credit for?  For real?  Prove it.  Yeah?  She don't even need history, her own castmate ran to the USPTO office with who gone check me boo.  Every time somebody uses that on anything doesn't Sheree smile?  Lol.   It's grimy but I'm not sure how mad I can be at a chick who flat out says I'm not here to play witchu hoes, I came to slay, bitch.   G'awn and make your paper thickarella.

True this, true this. Although I feel like I vaguely heard it said at some time, I could be wrong.

She gon' learn today though. Who gon' check her? Beyonce and Sheree.

• Love 4

I don't like Kenya but I don't think Bey was pulling rank on her or anything. I'm sure Kenya is flattered and will likely reference this next time she's on WWHL.

It's cute and kinda meta in a way. The two housewives' sayings Beyonce referenced were her twin (lmao) and her mama's twin (roflmao).

• Love 7

Another shoutout to Kenya ... On this week's episode of Project Runway All-Stars, one of the designers proclaimed a dress going down the runway "Fabulous," to which another said "Gone with the Wind Fabulous!"

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 1

Another shoutout to Kenya ... On this week's episode of Project Runway All-Stars, one of the designers proclaimed a dress going down the runway "Fabulous," to which another said "Gone with the Wind Fabulous!"

I was just coming here to say this....it would be jinx, but you clearly thought of it first!

I didn't know about the Beyonce thing.  I don't remember much about copyright, but I don't think you can copyright a catchphrase.....perhaps a trademark if its connected to a product, or even a person (there was a famous case of Vanna White suing someone for making a commercial using her robotic likeness)

• Love 1

Some days I like Kenya, some days I can't stand her...but at the end of the day I do feel sorry for her in some small way. I have known people like her, who had a shitty relationship (or none at all) with one parent and it really does fuck up their way of thinking.

When she first came on the show, my guess is production told her to have a man in her life. Walter signed on the dotted line, got paid to play a part. I don't know if Kenya was given the direction to go after Walter for a ring, or what happened behind the scenes, but I just keep reminding myself this is a show that's as fake as the day is long.

I know she's been engaged multiple times and each time she called off the wedding. Yet we see her longing for a husband and children. Sometimes people who have a crappy upbringing and didn't get therapy to address any of it will sabotage the very thing they want the most out of life. Getting a national beauty title didn't bring her mother back into her life. I think Kenya wanted that crown as a way to make Momma love her again.

• Love 3

I know she's been engaged multiple times and each time she called off the wedding. Yet we see her longing for a husband and children. Sometimes people who have a crappy upbringing and didn't get therapy to address any of it will sabotage the very thing they want the most out of life. Getting a national beauty title didn't bring her mother back into her life. I think Kenya wanted that crown as a way to make Momma love her again.

I have heard and seen this posted everywhere since Kenya joined the show and yet I can't ever recall seeing a name or picture of an ex-boyfriend let alone an ex-fiance. So who were these so-called men she left at the altar?

Kenya pregnant? I doubt we will get an answer at the reunion because I can already see in my mind's eye, her playing coy and saying what what happens.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 1