Type keyword(s) to search

Kenya Moore: Twirl! Twirl!

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Well, I'm not so sure. It is more than possible that production was not included in on Kenya's/Matt's antics any more than they were about Kenya hiring Walter to play her BF/love interest. In fact, she could get fired (ala JillZ) for manufacturing a storyline, so better for Kenya if production does not know. As for Matt being a "very violent individual" again, I'm not so sure. Yes, he is verbally aggressive but other than the garage door we have never seen him get physically violent and none of his police reports are for physical violence, just verbal stupidity/verbal aggression. I think it is more than possible that Matt is acting out on Kenya's behest/direction for her show storyline without production being aware of it. For me the tell was/is that Kenya was still calling him her bf when filming for this season was over which makes zero sense IMO.

Thing is, Although I agree that Bravo wasn't in on her antics, her whole boohoo session with the production staff was probably staged by her to get the production crew to "stay tuned" to film the argument.  As a blogger pointed out, it was daytime when she called Matt but it was dark out when he came and the crew would have been long gone if she didn't intervene.

I mean if you are afraid on someone being volatile and possibly physically violent, you don't run up to his car and then yell and threaten him.  All kinds of wrong.

• Love 4

Kenya promoting and using DV as a story line just has me seeing red. Matt agreeing to it or whatever his culpability in this is also despicable and bewildering, given all the examples that HunterHunted gave above. I missed all those shows, maybe being in another country, and the negative fallout. But mostly I'm blinded to anything outside of the screaming, threats, property damage and violence. It's fantastically irresponsible and I sincerely hope that there are consequences for Kenya, who is all about empowering women and setting an example for young girls, or so she says. Unless she's threatened by them, and she's threatened by everyone.

Petunia13, I'm with you again. I think I echoed your post here on one of the episode threads. It's all fakety, fake fake fake. There are a plethora of bloggers out of the ATL who are digging up the fake backgrounds on all these storylines, and I've seen the receipts: Phaedra, Sheree and Kenya in particular, but also Cynthia and her plans for the future. Given the history of people being demoted or sacked (Adrienne, JillZ), why are they getting away with it on this franchise? Is it a different production company? I'm not understanding how all that works. I know the RHOMelb is not Bravo, for example and same with Auckland. 

Kandi and Cynthia are the only ones that seem to be coming off as somewhat realistic. I read somewhere that Kandi truly may not have been aware of the Block storyline being sprung on her and also that she wasn't aware of that IDIOTIC scene with Mama Joyce dressing up and going to Randi Kessler's office. How stupid do they think this audience is? I know I'm watching this and reading these boards, so what does it make me, but I'm not a moron. Did they think that was in any way amusing? MJ needs her oxygen cut off on this show, stat. Although her nasty street talk seems to be closer to the truth than what these hos would like us to believe (Phaedra). And seeing Kenya lie and squirm about dissing Sheree's 'tired Mama Joyce wig' was about the only time I cracked a smile in the last episode. And that was in anticipation of MJ unleashing some feral on her, but it didn't happen. MJ might be the kind of person that carries a grudge, though, so here's hoping. God knows, someone had to smile in that scene, cos all the OLG had faces that could curdle milk. And production and Kandi, please stop trying to make the OLG happen. Over that also.

I hadn't read anywhere that Matt has a girlfriend called Tiffany. I bet Hallison is happier with Tiffany than with Kenya. And I'm glad Tiffany has some spine, pointing out what we all have been saying here, she's going to need it because at 47, Kenya has been practicing her delusions and craziness for a lot longer than Young Tiff has been walking the earth, I'd imagine. Thankyou for the tea, Aging Goth, yet another dimension to this phoney immoral storyline. 

13 hours ago, queenjen said:

Or running into the woods tearing out a taser. Or running after a dude running into the woods, and jumping over the taser he just ripped out with his bare hands.. 

Triple threat was just me being snarky: multiple threads of income (allegedly) for her alleged many talents, acting, businesswoman, producer, writer, singer (gulp, didn't like all those hammy scenes with her and the guy she used to hang out with...he was at nene's pj party and got attacked, another friendship she's probably burnt to the ground, cos we don't see him or hear about him anymore either), entrepreneur. I mean surely she has some coin, cos she has built the isolated house in the woods and she got a pilot up for 'Life Twirls On' (I hated it. But I can't handle scripted 'comedy' with laugh tracks and this looked like that) so I know Kenya can be successful. I'd hate to work for her or with her on any project and that could be a clue as to why she's not on Kim Field's level. Word gets around fast in these industries. I hope that going to war with Kim was worth it last season now that Kenya's very likely also wondering why her calls are not being returned all over the country.

Convenient how Matt's arrest file is released this week. Phaedra seems to have TMZ on speed dial, cos they've been trumpeting about her being divorced for months, when she IS NOT and she got to explain herself about the Drama 'blow you up with my bomb cds' racial profiling scare also. Kenya seems to have taken a page from Phaedra's fake prayer book there, too. 

lmao!!!!

ya'll?? what ever happened to Brandon??

13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

If Matt isn't violent, he's really stupid and suggestible. Yes they were traffic violations, but what kind of dumbass Black man in America agrees to be depicted on camera damaging things and you don't even get your SAG card for it. It's not like Matt came from some foreign country where he had no idea about American racism and stereotypes. He has already indicated that he thinks Kenya can't be trusted, but then collaborates with her to destroy her property for a storyline. The man is a moron.

I'd have more respect for him if he said "she's manipulative and verbally abusive. I have anger issues. I regret my actions. I'm in counseling. I'll make restitution and stay far away from Kenya."

Telling some story about agreeing to portray yourself as violent for the show knowing full well that you are a big Black man in America with an arrest record, doesn't make any kind of sense. This shit could stay with you permanently and impact your ability to get a future job. Twenty-three years ago David pulled a blanket off of Tami and folks bring that up to this day. Twenty years ago Stephen slapped Irene on the Real World and people still bring that up. Ten years ago Cliff wrestled Marcel to the ground and people bring that up. But Matt somehow thought he was immune. He thought he could yell and kick out windows and people would be like "it's ok." The fuq is that? He wasn't on Punk'd. He wasn't on What Would You Do. Or How to Get Away With Murder. He was on the Real Housewives of Atlanta which ostensibly attempts to document the real lives of its subjects. And he somehow thought that it would be a great idea to make America think that he's a volatile impulsive asshole or that he's a liar. How did the lying work out for Aviva, Jill, Teresa, Taylor, LuAnn lying about her relationship with Jacques got her demoted.

My point being that no one with any sense would do this and it's better if he just admits that she's manipulative. He's volatile, but in counseling. That he cared for, but that they are terrible for each other.

Kenya's triple threats are her hair, winning a beauty pageant, and....um....I'll get back to you on that.

Regina King has the career that Kenya pretends she has.

You better go forth and preach the word this morning.

10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Kenya is attractive and has some money and fame really this is the best she can do? I like Kenya but that does not blind me to her faults. That being said...what the actual fuck girl? You are too old and experienced and has at least some stuff going for you or hell be alone. I have no patience for this fuckshit and as a domestic abuse survivor it's unpleasant/triggering  to say the least.  

On another note...anyone getting the vibe that literally every storyline this season is fake as fuck and contrived? Like all of them are so rote and inorganic. Whoever thought them up please fire them hire @ZaldamoWilder or ME or read social media or just let the girls mix it up. The house competition, pretend bombing, Matt being a hulk smash & insecure yet Kenya clinging inexplicably, Joyce taking over Peter's epic struggle for a peach, Bob sweating and being pressed while Sheree is skittish, Cynthia's redux of Lemonade while ineffectually claiming to hold a soft spot for Pete, the least pleasant sounding restaurant in a construction site w/no opening date, the dead beat piece of shit belligerently indifferent  about his grown daughter & grown daughter not giving a fuck, the black Jessica Simpson/real life Betty Boop wanting to repeat Murphy Brown. 

Fake fake fake fake. Fake fake fake fake. Too fake. Too fake. too fake (grandfather clock tone). 

Lol.  Flattery will get you everywh'ere.  But the funnest, funniest, fun of it all is talking watching a scene and telling the tv:  ooooh, the board lovies are gonna tear you up for that shit tomorrow! lol.

9 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Ooh boy, WTF Matt! Arrested four times in the same year? Shit, being arrested once is terrible, twice in the same month? Do better.

His facial expressions in his mugshots, though:

May 2016: "Yeah, I did it."

June 2016: "Yesss. It's me again, and I'm back."

June 2016: Miss me?

September 2016: "Why me, lawd?"

This one though? bwahaaaaaaaaa!!   It gets tough being cocky with a damn 4-pack school portrait mugshot lol!!

1 hour ago, Aging Goth said:

Now Kenya is going on the attack with Matt's new girlfriend, calling her his "sidepiece" and trashing Tiffany's possible plastic surgery.  However, Tiffany Maiyon, Matt's new beau, put Kenya in her place with a now deleted tweet in response.  She reminded Kenya that at 47 with no man, never been married, and no kids, Kenya should just have a big ole seat! (I;m paraphrasing).

See I wish she'dve (Tiffany) said nothing at all or gotten at her with something legitimately shady because being single and/or childless at 47 just isn't a read.   Especially given the men out here to choose from.   She could've torn her up with your mama jokes, with crazy jokes, with dermatology jokes, like there were like 30 other things to level Kenya with.  You ain't got a man?  Fail.

@queenjen, he's definitely got a type.  @NowVoyager girl she can't spell either lmao!!! 

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016/12/tiffany-maiyon-kenya-moore-ex-boyfriend-matt-jordan-girlfriend-instagram-new-dating-who-is-husband/2/ 

• Love 6

Totally agree on the lazy, tired, woman hating "you aint got a man" being called shade or reading. See how well that worked out for Phaedra with her "criminal sperm donor" raggedy prerehearsed mess? And Tiffany, ok cool, you got the man who is looking crazy as hell on tv and in the police reports now. You win the prize!

I hate stupid female shit.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, sunsheyen said:

Totally agree on the lazy, tired, woman hating "you aint got a man" being called shade or reading. See how well that worked out for Phaedra with her "criminal sperm donor" raggedy prerehearsed mess? And Tiffany, ok cool, you got the man who is looking crazy as hell on tv and in the police reports now. You win the prize!

Seriously. Reading her stats, per the link ZW provided, she shouldn't have a dog in this fight. When you're truly secure with yourself/relationship, you don't need to clapback at anyone. You just ... live. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

See I wish she'dve (Tiffany) said nothing at all or gotten at her with something legitimately shady because being single and/or childless at 47 just isn't a read.   Especially given the men out here to choose from.   She could've torn her up with your mama jokes, with crazy jokes, with dermatology jokes, like there were like 30 other things to level Kenya with.  You ain't got a man?  Fail.

Yeah, I agree with this, especially since those who are all, "You ain't got a man!" usually have some sorry ass fool, not working, sitting up in bed and eating Cheetos. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Yeah, I agree with this, especially since those who are all, "You ain't got a man!" usually have some sorry ass fool, not working, sitting up in bed and eating Cheetos. 

I don't mind others pointing out Kenya's "lack" of a man in her life in light of the fact that she, herself, set this all in motion. She hired Walter to play her bf her first season, made up the "African Prince" BS  and whined about no husband/no kids since day 1.  I doubt anyone would critique her about being single/never married/no kids/ at her age had she not started it. So, Kenya, and Kenya alone, made her relationship status, or lack of one, the bigger part of her ongoing storyline and open to feedback.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I don't mind others pointing out Kenya's "lack" of a man in her life in light of the fact that she, herself, set this all in motion. She hired Walter to play her bf her first season, made up the "African Prince" BS  and whined about no husband/no kids since day 1.  I doubt anyone would critique her about being single/never married/no kids/ at her age had she not started it. So, Kenya, and Kenya alone, made her relationship status, or lack of one, the bigger part of her ongoing storyline and open to feedback.

Maybe, but too many people use that nonsense, "you can't talk 'cause you ain't got a man," bullshit when most of them have some broke, ashy fool, eating their food and sweating on their sheets. 

And if you want to go after Kenya, go after that house of hers, it reminds me of something out of "Catfish Row" from "Porgy and Bess."  Not the tired, "you ain't got no man!" bullshit.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe, but too many people use that nonsense, "you can't talk 'cause you ain't got a man," bullshit when most of them have some broke, ashy fool, eating their food and sweating on their sheets. 

And if you want to go after Kenya, go after that house of hers, it reminds me of something out of "Catfish Row" from "Porgy and Bess."  Not the tired, "you ain't got no man!" bullshit.

I agree, there are a lot of other things to poke her about but not many of them would bother her like being single/childless does, which is why that is thrown in her face like it is. I am not saying they are right to do it but in so many ways. she brought it on herself. She has no problem going for the others weak/sore spots relentlessly so.....she is reaping what she sowed.

• Love 4

Kenya made it about 'you ain't got a man' when she 'reached out' to young Tiff with the 'sidepiece' comment. Which is basically 'you ain't got a man'. And as all us 'board lovies'* have pointed out, it shouldn't be about that. Kenya has seniority here and shouldn't have started it and by starting it, she's yet again showing her knickers, which read '[insert day of week] get a man'. It's been her whole storyline since she came on.

*ZaldamoWilder reading these boards sometimes make me make those Sheree faces she pulled when Porsha walked into the Moore Manor party in Episode One. And I want a 'Board Lovie' t'shirt!

• Love 4
16 hours ago, queenjen said:

Kenya made it about 'you ain't got a man' when she 'reached out' to young Tiff with the 'sidepiece' comment. Which is basically 'you ain't got a man'. And as all us 'board lovies'* have pointed out, it shouldn't be about that. Kenya has seniority here and shouldn't have started it and by starting it, she's yet again showing her knickers, which read '[insert day of week] get a man'. It's been her whole storyline since she came on.

*ZaldamoWilder reading these boards sometimes make me make those Sheree faces she pulled when Porsha walked into the Moore Manor party in Episode One. And I want a 'Board Lovie' t'shirt!

rhoa-sheree-face-02.gif?itok=FaJXpGFc

Lol!!  girl, me too! 

• Love 5

Sheree was so happy to see Bob show up at the photo shoot but was even happier to see him leave, lol.  Their son is a nice looking young man but model worthy? I dunno.  So now Sheree is a Momager or at least calling herself that, first there has to be a career then you can have the title of Momager and put your boobs away for crying out loud, it's not your photo shoot and you just might be embarrassing your son.  I think Sheree missed the boat, she should have done the fitness videos (and not Pheadra), looks like she never misses a day at the gym, I would listen to her!

I have never seen women work so hard at not working, pimping out their kids Kardashian style to avoid getting a 9-5 job to pay the bills.

• Love 5

I think Sheree's son is very attractive and has the height, build, jawline, and cheekbones to model for sure. The work ethic is up in the air but he's always seemed pretty courteous and is obviously  smart and probably driven since he was accepted to & taking classes at Moorehouse, which is nothing to sneeze at. A lot of models need to have a certain height & BMI and compelling planes of their face and strong bone structure to photograph dramatic. He hits all those categories from what I can tell. 

Back to Kenya I don't think this storyline is making her sympathetic I mean it is...or but not like in a wow girl I've been there way. If that makes sense. Like the situation w Matt reminds me of a Jackie Collins character from one of her early novels before she embraced the ball buster take no shit divas and talked about D list middle aged desperadoes or struggle fakes. And I like Kenya so yeah it hurts to say that. 

Dont get me wrong I am always empathetic to verbal or physical abuse I've experienced it but I don't know if she should be in this situation or understand it. She's not financially isolated to this bastard and like she should really think is this what she wants at this time in her life at 45 or as a tv star and possible role model to young viewers. Hell even does she want to expose her dogs to this drama? I remember when I left my ex it had escalated to the pt I was hospitalized. Like she has/had so much more going for her than I did then. I don't like NeNe but when she talked about leaving an abusive ex w nothing and being made to feel like a piece of crap like less than human that basically is what it is like. But you do at that moment, at a turning pt decide since you aren't dead and aren't sure you want to go there make a break. And it may take weeks or months after to even feel worthy of enjoying the weather or a yummy meal or putting on makeup or smiling. You fake it till you make it and eventually it becomes normal again since that is routine. But you never forget deep down. Since you know that you have questionable judgement and that many of the memories you value or spent time on are based on fallacy. That love cannot be trusted. And it's very degrading to have someone you place highly punch, slap or kick you while you beg or cry. Then make them dinner or see neighboors.   

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Back to Kenya I don't think this storyline is making her sympathetic I mean it is...or but not like in a wow girl I've been there way. If that makes sense. Like the situation w Matt reminds me of a Jackie Collins character from one of her early novels before she embraced the ball buster take no shit divas and talked about D list middle aged desperadoes or struggle fakes. And I like Kenya so yeah it hurts to say that. 

Dont get me wrong I am always empathetic to verbal or physical abuse I've experienced it but I don't know if she should be in this situation or understand it. She's not financially isolated to this bastard and like she should really think is this what she wants at this time in her life at 45 or as a tv star and possible role model to young viewers. Hell even does she want to expose her dogs to this drama? I remember when I left my ex it had escalated to the pt I was hospitalized. Like she has/had so much more going for her than I did then. I don't like NeNe but when she talked about leaving an abusive ex w nothing and being made to feel like a piece of crap like less than human that basically is what it is like. But you do at that moment, at a turning pt decide since you aren't dead and aren't sure you want to go there make a break. And it may take weeks or months after to even feel worthy of enjoying the weather or a yummy meal or putting on makeup or smiling. You fake it till you make it and eventually it becomes normal again since that is routine. But you never forget deep down. Since you know that you have questionable judgement and that many of the memories you value or spent time on are based on fallacy. That love cannot be trusted. And it's very degrading to have someone you place highly punch, slap or kick you while you beg or cry. Then make them dinner or see neighboors.   

I've had family and friends who were victims of domestic violence and they were the primary wage earners. I had a family friend who was an MD PhD who was such a talented pianist that she'd sometimes gig with the orchestra. She was in an arranged marriage. He was abusive and never worked. She tried to tell her parents how bad it was. They wouldn't hear it. They thought she was complaining because she was too American. She finally started confiding in her younger siblings who slowly wore their parents down. By the time her entire family had come around to supporting her, she had 4 kids with this dickbag and terminal cancer. She died at 38. With her, the insecurity was that her cultural community would ostracize her.

A friend of my brother recently revealed that her ex husband had abused her the entire duration of their relationship. He raped her on their first date. She is an attorney at a pretty big firm. Her family was shocked to find out. The reason she finally left him is because the violence had started to escalate and most importantly he was blowing through their money. My brother's friend is smart and hard working, but never dated much and was fearful that she could never attract another man. As it started to be obvious what was happening, she didn't lie to her family. She knew what was happening. She didn't make excuses or try to minimize it. She knew she was being raped and beaten for 10 years, but she had this short circuit where her fears about being attractive over wrote everything else.

And of course there is Halle Berry who grew up in a home with an abusive father. Nearly every relationship she's been in has featured some kind of abuse. And when there wasn't abuse, she'd turn crazy and run the guy off. I don't think she has any awareness that she's unconsciously recreating her childhood in her choice of romantic partners. 

I don't know what's going on with Kenya, but it could be that she has other insecurities that an abusive partner could exploit.

I'm sorry that you had to go through that experience Petunia13, but it sounds like you are stronger having lived through it.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

By the time her entire family had come around to supporting her, she had 4 kids with this dickbag and terminal cancer. She died at 38. With her, the insecurity was that her cultural community would ostracize her.

THIS. So many accounts of DV survivors end with them getting cancer. I worry about it for myself.  And it is connected to this...

On 12/16/2016 at 9:06 AM, Petunia13 said:

But you never forget deep down. Since you know that you have questionable judgement and that many of the memories you value or spent time on are based on fallacy. That love cannot be trusted. And it's very degrading to have someone you place highly punch, slap or kick you while you beg or cry. Then make them dinner or see neighboors.

Especially the second guessing, memory revising you have to do. It's horribly disturbing on a very deep level. It breaks something inside and I don't know if it ever heals again. I didn't know that about Halle Berry. Reading HunterHunted's description, I think her experience may be closer to Kenya's, with her mother abandoning her and being brought up by...sometimes her father? I can't remember who else, but it is possible she could have been exposed to violence as a child early. And what has happened to Aunt Lori? Has Kenya run her off too? Like Brandon seems to have been? Because Aunt Lori would have to have been a bit of a fan favourite. And she certainly told Kenya what was what in no uncertain terms. People like Aunt Lori, and her daughter...Kenya should value them and hang on very tight to them. Because as we get older, these people start to disappear. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, queenjen said:

THIS. So many accounts of DV survivors end with them getting cancer. I worry about it for myself.  And it is connected to this...

Especially the second guessing, memory revising you have to do. It's horribly disturbing on a very deep level. It breaks something inside and I don't know if it ever heals again. I didn't know that about Halle Berry. Reading HunterHunted's description, I think her experience may be closer to Kenya's, with her mother abandoning her and being brought up by...sometimes her father? I can't remember who else, but it is possible she could have been exposed to violence as a child early. And what has happened to Aunt Lori? Has Kenya run her off too? Like Brandon seems to have been? Because Aunt Lori would have to have been a bit of a fan favourite. And she certainly told Kenya what was what in no uncertain terms. People like Aunt Lori, and her daughter...Kenya should value them and hang on very tight to them. Because as we get older, these people start to disappear. 

I am sure that Kenya's Aunt Lori is still there for her although she did pull back a bit last season after Kenya went to her mother's house with cameras in tow. Kenya demanded that her Aunt defend/support her and side against Kenya's mother but Lori refused. Maybe Lori just doesn't want to appear on camera anymore after that stunt.

• Love 6

queenjen I think the thing that messed up Kenya's head is not only her mother's abandonment, but that her father's family, who raised Kenya, continued to socialize with Kenya's mother and her family. I don't even know why they told Kenya who her mom was. I remember Kenya said as a kid she would try to talk to her mom at events and her mother would just walk away without saying a word. We don't know how many times this happened, but I can't imagine letting it happen more than once to a child I cared for. I also feel like I would try avoid events that the birth mom might attend.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

queenjen I think the thing that messed up Kenya's head is not only her mother's abandonment, but that her father's family, who raised Kenya, continued to socialize with Kenya's mother and her family. I don't even know why they told Kenya who her mom was. I remember Kenya said as a kid she would try to talk to her mom at events and her mother would just walk away without saying a word. We don't know how many times this happened, but I can't imagine letting it happen more than once to a child I cared for. I also feel like I would try avoid events that the birth mom might attend.

I don't think her dads family "socialized" with the mom/family. Lori would take her to that sides family functions. It was Kenya's dad that told her who her mother was because he was mad at the mom for not wanting Kenya or him in her life. Lori and the maternal grandmother insisted on having Kenya be at events when her mother was present.

• Love 7

I've had that kind of stuff in my life before too, and it's deeply messed up and disturbing with people taking sides and information being doled out like ammunition. I recognised the Aunt Lori situation immediately in my gut. In Kenya's position, you are reduced to the emotional level of a small child, where hurt and not being able to get to the bottom of the situation, all that is swirling around. It's very unfair and that's a mindset that's hardened in Kenya over the years. Reminds me of the behavior of children with Reactive Attachment Disorders: where they push and push their well meaning caregivers (often adoptive parents) to the point of violence alternating with extreme clinginess where they can literally not let go of the caregiver's leg or let them out of their physical presence and they may also attack or destroy anything that they perceive that the caregiver loves or values, just PUSHING that person to PROVE that they love them and aren't going to leave them. It's said to be one of the most challenging and difficult of disorders for foster and adoptive parents. It's all about a breach in the bond between primary caregiver (usually mother) and child. My cousin has been battling this after adopting 2 children after fostering them for years, their mother was a fulltime drug addict and the kids had been taken out of her care due to violence and neglect. A lot of what I just wrote speaks to how Kenya continues to behave with family and friends, I think. She has my sympathy for that. Always has. But she's got to a point in her life where she needs to take control and address the patterns in her life that leave her so miserable, or she is just going to continue to repeat them. We are seeing Kenya repeating and repeating behaviors on this show.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The kitchen is too white for my tastes and I find the diamond glass tacky as hell.

I'm with you on those two (couldn't cook in so much white, I'll always be afraid to do anything in it) but I must admit that house is beautiful. I sooooooooo wanted to hate it because the owner sucks but no luck, she did a good job paying the right people to do a good job!

Cynthia's new house is still my favorite because of the lake (an old dream I have) but I wouldn't spit on the idea of living in Kenya's. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

How is her driveway already cracked and looking shitty?

In the camera shot of her with the gun, it looks like the driveway is collapsing down into the ravine! I didn't see any retaining walls next to the driveway and without them it will collapse from the weight of the cement, weight and vibrations from her SUV/cars. Stupid and cheap on her part and or her contractors.

• Love 3

Kenya doesn't strike me as the type to be overseeing driveway construction. She most likely has a year to get the contractor to fix anything he messed up. Happened to me, had to take the contractor to court before he agreed to come back and fix a crappy job he did on my porch.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Kenya doesn't strike me as the type to be overseeing driveway construction. She most likely has a year to get the contractor to fix anything he messed up. Happened to me, had to take the contractor to court before he agreed to come back and fix a crappy job he did on my porch.

I am surprised the driveway passed inspection by her community/township. That it runs thru a steep ravine means it should have had a retaining wall built from the get go. This could be serious enough to put the house's foundation in jeopardy, long term and for resale, if that ravine collapses and drags the driveway and her integral garage into it. You can see the outer part up near the garage is already sinking/sliding.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

It may have looked fine when the home was inspected. I don't know much about how strict GA laws are regarding this type of thing. We had a very, very dry summer here when this was filmed....and it definitely affected soil/water levels. Then in Oct. all hell broke loose and it rained every day. That could be when this started happening, as I didn't notice it being like this during the show....only now on her recent video shots from her security cameras.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

It may have looked fine when the home was inspected. I don't know much about how strict GA laws are regarding this type of thing. We had a very, very dry summer here when this was filmed....and it definitely affected soil/water levels. Then in Oct. all hell broke loose and it rained every day. That could be when this started happening, as I didn't notice it being like this during the show....only now on her recent video shots from her security cameras.

Ok, I understand better but she needs to get it repaired and a retaining wall built sooner than later. The area with the large crack, near her garage, is already sliding down and away from the house, which means more rain could weaken it further making it harder/more costly to repair.

• Love 2

The driveway is so bad, and so out of synch with the aesthetic she's created with the rest of the house, that I assumed it was just temporary? In order to get the builders, materials and party guests (without a permit!) to the housewarming?

• Love 1

Really odd that there was so little Kenya in the latest episode. Odd, in that I think it shows just how much screenhog Kenya misjudged with the faux and ill conceived SL of her relationship with Matt. He's obviously gone totally off (her) script, which has sent Kenya mentally off the reservation. We've gone from that big intense scene with her Daddy being flown in to confront Matt last episode to ... nothing.

Or nothing until next week when it looks like we're being doled out more of the 'Matt is an insecure, immature psycho victimizing poor Kenya' SL. I have to say, Matt's voice on the preview really creeped me out. I think next week is the now notorious and weird 'Charlotte appearance', where for some bizarre reason, Peter has Matt as an appearance guest at one of his establishments for its opening. Matt gets to the airport in ATL and discovers that Kenya has cancelled his plane ticket. This has been argued up the iddy wah in other places, but people are saying that it would have been just as easy for Matt to have turned around and driven his car to Charlotte. He whined on IG about the cancellation of his ticket and Kenya sent him a voucher for gas money, which he also posted on SM. This kind of infantile public bickering is beneath mature adults and exceeds believability for this audience.

Apparently Todd stepped in to replace Matt as the guest for the appearance. I can't remember all the ins and outs of this, it happened months ago IRL. But it still begs the question, WHY is Peter getting air time for his venues when he's not even married to a ho anymore? Are they only choosing to edit all this in because of the Matt/Kenya drama? I wonder who it is that Matt punched/hit in the parking lot, as heard in the preview? I guess Matt used that gas voucher after all and showed up in Charlotte, I don't remember reading anywhere that he turned up, just that Todd took over. So I'm now picturing Matt bent over the steering wheel of his rusty hatchback, speeding towards Charlotte in the darkness, steam streaming from his earholes. I guess he arrives midevent and 'surprises' Kenya by showing up at all. It's also weird that Kenya should cancel his ticket without notice, hoping to prevent him from appearing I assume, then show up herself. 

If I had time and enough of an inclination, I'd try and get a timeline together. I THINK this may be the week that Kenya and Cynthia were in Las Vegas (maybe LA) to film Sharknado 4. So that could explain why both of them had limited appearances this episode. Apparently Matt caused issues for Kenya during filming and he has also been 'banned' for violence from filming elsewhere and I'm assuming the 'elsewhere' is RHOA and possibly due to what happens next episode in the parking lot. Maybe that ISN'T Peter who says 'he hit me', maybe it's someone from production, because if it was a cast member that got assaulted, well, that's par for the course and they sign stuff that prevents anyone suing or getting out of their contract, don't they? But someone on the production team, that's probably a whole different ballgame.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, queenjen said:

I guess Matt used that gas voucher after all and showed up in Charlotte, I don't remember reading anywhere that he turned up, just that Todd took over. So I'm now picturing Matt bent over the steering wheel of his rusty hatchback, speeding towards Charlotte in the darkness, steam streaming from his earholes. I guess he arrives midevent and 'surprises' Kenya by showing up at all. ...

If I had time and enough of an inclination, I'd try and get a timeline together.

Not the rusty hatchback, bitch stop! I'm dead and don't have enough wine to revive me. Why is your description so vivid and perfect??

Don't worry, I'm sure Kenya will post one then someone will refute it.

• Love 5

The one thing I keep reminding myself about Kenya is that she was engaged to be married 6 or 7 times, and each time she was the one who called it off. She's got commitment issues, no doubt. How she ended up on a show about housewives is beyond me...

• Love 5
2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

The one thing I keep reminding myself about Kenya is that she was engaged to be married 6 or 7 times, and each time she was the one who called it off.

So she says.  I need receipts!  Something tells me that she considers a hella-awkward, forced conversation about marriage (I see you, Walter!) an engagement.  

• Love 10
15 hours ago, absolutqt said:

So she says.  I need receipts!  Something tells me that she considers a hella-awkward, forced conversation about marriage (I see you, Walter!) an engagement.  

You have a good point.  For all her shadiness, I stupidly believed she had been engaged multiple times/but called it off story.  When Cynthia says she was engaged, she named the names and it has held up to be true.

Kenya has claimed Walter was her boyfriend, they were about to be engaged, claimed he was gay when he busted her fake story, and then said he was obsessed with her when he supposedly followed her to Kandi's party.  This does not sound like the type of woman to be turning down rings, particularly if they are coming from some money.

• Love 6