Type keyword(s) to search

Kenya Moore: Twirl! Twirl!

• Start Topic

In a nutshell Porsha had no dog in the fight. No one was talking to her or about her when she sat there spewing insults at Kenya.At some point Kenya had enough and addressed her. Do I think she should have used a bullhorn absolutely not, but Porsha came to the reunion with the goal of going after Kenya. Porsha had no right to put her hands on Kenya and her behavior should not be condoned.

• Love 13

There were reports of Nene and Phaedra getting with Porsha before the reunion to plot about how to take down Kenya. It can't be a coincidence that those reports came true. Porsha and Kenya didn't even have a story that season and for the most part Kenya ignored Porsha. Even during the reunion she wasn't even addressing Porsha, it was Porsha that was being aggressive with her. I don't buy that she had weapons or that her props justify her getting attacked. Before Porsha successfully saved her job even Nene and Phaedra were laughing and thought the props were hilarious. "Spell scepter!" They were all over that. It wasn't until Porsha lost control that everyone wanted to act like it was Kenya's fault.

I personally found it HILARIOUS. I loved when she first turned it on and said "You are not going to talk over me." It reminded me of the old days in seasons 1-4 when they could read the house down and throw shade, but the show didn't feel as toxic as it is now. I miss those days. Nene, Sheree and Kim could give as good as they could get. I don't think anything will ever top the season 4 reunion, which is the best in the entire franchise IMO. It was 3 parts of high grade shade, but it just it wasn't dark or hateful. Just entertaining. 

• Love 11

As to the unprovoked swipes, Nene has done that more than any other cast member.  Kenya's insults were playground taunts compared to what Nene has said about Kandi and Phaedra.  "Head doctor" anyone? Commenting on the size of Kandi's ring? So, no, I still don't buy the whole "if everyone has a problem with you then you are the problem". Not when most of the cast is judgmental and nasty.

Agree. Not only that, but I don't find that the assertion that everyone had a problem with Kenya to be true. Kenya hadn't done anything to Kandi or Cynthia. There was the couchie-crack incident, but that wasn't directed at Cynthia and it really wasn't that serious to begin with. She had a screaming match with Porsha in season 5, but they made up in Savannah, so there was no reason for Porsha to go into the season 6 reunion gunning for Kenya.

Kenya was wrong in the Walter situation, but I don't see what her fake relationship with Walter has to do with any of the housewives. Why hate Kenya because she brought on a made-for-tv boyfriend? That doesn't personally affect any of the housewives for them to be angry about it.

Really, Kenya only deserved to have 1.5 enemies in the cast - Nene only counts as half because the worst Kenya did to Nene is throw a charity gala in her honor (oh, the horror!) and evite Nene like she was a regular guest. Catty? Sure, but c'mon. Kenya didn't have real beef with anybody but Phaedra. But Kandi is loyal to Phae and Cynthia was loyal to Nene, and it has been surmised that Porsha is dumb as rocks and easily led, so it became the cast against Kenya. In the last episode, we saw how deep those loyalties lie. Kandi protected her loyalties with Phae ("this is the face of a friend") over reassuring her husband that she would be there for him if he went to jail. It became the cast against Kenya not because Kenya is this awful, whoring, no count, bitch of a woman - it was due to loyalties and alliances. Phae and Nene decided that they had a bone to pick with Kenya and everyone else went along for the ride.  

• Love 9

Found it. Season 5 episode 7 in Anguilla. You can see a pic of Kenya standing aggressively over Porsha here before the others jumped in:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-5/ep-7-i-dobut-i-wont

And no, anytime Nene yelled at some one not got close, she was called moose.

Eta; better yet, here's the video. Kenya goes to attack Porsha and gets held back. 1:35

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-5/videos/porsha-and-kenya-come-to-blows

Now can we stop rewriting history with this gutter chick?

They have all made threats. Phaedra has mentioned getting physical with Kenya several times.

The video in Aguilla?  Kenya was done until Porsha came charging back to start back up again. I saw a lot of hands waving around from both sides. Nobody was hit.

Who called Nene a moose every time she got close to someone? To be honest, I find offense to the term Moose and "gutter chick". Both terms strike me as sexist and racist. I could do without either. 

The reason people easily believed Nene was about to assault Kim is because she had done it before.  

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 7

Agree. Not only that, but I don't find that the assertion that everyone had a problem with Kenya to be true. Kenya hadn't done anything to Kandi or Cynthia. There was the couchie-crack incident, but that wasn't directed at Cynthia and it really wasn't that serious to begin with. She had a screaming match with Porsha in season 5, but they made up in Savannah, so there was no reason for Porsha to go into the season 6 reunion gunning for Kenya.

Kenya was wrong in the Walter situation, but I don't see what her fake relationship with Walter has to do with any of the housewives. Why hate Kenya because she brought on a made-for-tv boyfriend? That doesn't personally affect any of the housewives for them to be angry about it.

Really, Kenya only deserved to have 1.5 enemies in the cast - Nene only counts as half because the worst Kenya did to Nene is throw a charity gala in her honor (oh, the horror!) and evite Nene like she was a regular guest. Catty? Sure, but c'mon. Kenya didn't have real beef with anybody but Phaedra. But Kandi is loyal to Phae and Cynthia was loyal to Nene, and it has been surmised that Porsha is dumb as rocks and easily led, so it became the cast against Kenya. In the last episode, we saw how deep those loyalties lie. Kandi protected her loyalties with Phae ("this is the face of a friend") over reassuring her husband that she would be there for him if he went to jail. It became the cast against Kenya not because Kenya is this awful, whoring, no count, bitch of a woman - it was due to loyalties and alliances. Phae and Nene decided that they had a bone to pick with Kenya and everyone else went along for the ride.  

It is my opinion that Todd and Kandi ain't gonna last. I like them together, I think they're a cute couple, but its obvious Kandi has no idea what it means to be married. She just wants to say she's married for other reasons. She puts everybody ahead of Todd, her mother, her kid, now her friends. They may get a good few years but I don't see them lasting.

It became the cast against Kenya not because Kenya is this awful, whoring, no count, bitch of a woman - it was due to loyalties and alliances.

I don't agree with this since I think Kenya is an awful, whoring, no count, bitch of a woman.  Even if she didn't meet up with Apollo wherever it is she's constantly trying to get him to admit to lying about, her behavior towards Apollo convinced people that she may have done it.  She suggested threesomes with Phaedra and Apollo and drooled over him in her talking heads.  Before that, Phaedra was the only person concerned about her when she ran off crying over Walter.  Cynthia didn't.  Yet, Kenya proceeds to openly lust after Apollo like he was single.  You just don't do that to other women's husbands.  Even Kandi has said as much.  No woman is going to trust her around their man after that.  The whole problem in a nutshell to me is the fact that Kenya is a big FAKE!  She does things to get a rise out of people to continue to get camera time, but doesn't consider what it's doing to her relationships with the people she shits on because she just doesn't give a damn.  The only people she's truly friends with are Miss Lawrence and Branden.  She doesn't have any female friends because she's always alienating them.  I don't think she really gives two shits about Cynthia either and I have a feeling Cynthia is going to learn that the hard way.  Plus, Kenya doesn't even really live in Atlanta.  Almost every one of her storylines have been fake.  Wanting to get a sperm donor was fake, her relationship with Walter was fake, the African prince is fake, just about everything about her is fake right down to her fake booty.  The only storyline I think was really true was Velvet dying.  With all of her fakeness, what is there to be friends with?  How would you really get to know her?  I wouldn't give her the time of day either.   

• Love 11

Whatever happened with the baby? Wasn't she supposed to get inseminated awhile back? Or was that yet another fake storyline?

On the last reunion she said we would "see what happens next season" but when Andy asked her on WWHL last night she said "we will see at the reunion"! IMO, it is just another storyline much like her BF Walter! lol

• Love 2

On the last reunion she said we would "see what happens next season" but when Andy asked her on WWHL last night she said "we will see at the reunion"! IMO, it is just another storyline much like her BF Walter! lol

Oh ok. Should have known LOL. No wonder her and Brandon are back on that piano this year.

She started the insemination process on June 4. It doesn't always happen on the first take.

I am not inclined to believe her, she has faked a BF so why not fake this as well. If she is real, then I wish her well but again, I'm not buying it.

• Love 1

Excluding the 1.5, I don't even think the rest were real enemies.  Or even frenemies, I just don't think they cared about her like that.   swankie put it better than I could've but it must've been exhausting trying to figure out when she was "in character" and not.  So for a cast amongst whom there are/were some real friendships, don't nobody have the time to figure out when a bish is acting and not, especially when those two things are indistinguishable.   And it wasn't as though they weren't willing to try, do ya'll remember the class trip to the garden of good and evil when Kenya was on her bed telling, of all people, Porsha, how the potential of being a mom to a girl made her feel?  That looked and sounded real.  Hell real enough for Porsha, of all people, to empathize with and reassure her that she'd be a great mom no matter who came along.  Porsha, of all people, with her own infertility struggles, handholding someone it's no secret she didn't care for at the time.   At the very next opportunity Kenya was back to her in character messiness.   Each of them has a role to play and heat to bring but the difference is that it's discernible from the job they're being paid to do and the person they genuinely are.   I don't think they even feel strongly enough about her to hate her.  I do think they ran out fucks to give a long time ago though.

I may have misread this scene but what I thought this was in response to was Todd's question to Kandi about how she feels about Phaedra's stance of not supporting her husband.  Not her own.  I believe Kandi's position was she would go to court with her husband.

• Love 5

Maybe I wasn't paying close attention but I don't remember there being all that much shade between these two on the show.  Differing opinions, yes, but nothing I'd describe as shady.   This clip from the aftershow seems even friendlier.   The initiation of tweets is what I really don't understand.

http://www.eonline.com/news/598478/sherri-shepherd-and-kenya-moore-take-watch-what-happens-live-feud-to-twitter

I get that Kenya gets paid to be messy but this is the shit that takes it that extra step, we're off the air and it's over, what's with the retroactive saltiness?

Not only did Kenya repeatedly say that Walter was gay, her cousin seconded that she knew he was gay as well, that ALL of Atlanta knew this for a fact, while her Aunt sat there nodding her head in agreement. Apollo never said that Kenya preformed an act on him but that she offered it and they met in LA,  lies without a doubt but no less of a lie(s) than telling everyone, including the nation, that they know someone is gay when they are not. 

But she never said that she had first hand knowledge of him being gay.  Apollo and Phaedra both said that they had first hand knowledge of Kenya offering Apollo oral sex via text.  To me, what Kenya said about Walter was an opinion, and perhaps repeating rumors that she had heard.

I wouldn't take what Kenya had said about Walter as any first hand knowledge, because she never claimed to have any.  That is not the same as Phaedra and Apollo both claiming to have first hand knowledge about Kenya offering Apollo oral sex, which simply never happened.

I, for one, have no idea about Walters sexual orientation, nor do I care, but unless Kenya said that she saw him having sex with another man, or claimed to have seen a text from Walter offering sex to another man then the situations are not the same.

• Love 1

I don't care for either Phaedra or Kenya, but felt that Kenya honed in on foin Apollo even before she and Phaedra fell out.  It seemed weird especially since she was trying to get Walter to marry her.

JMO but I got the impression from the slice of their home life that Apollo would lie about anything, even about stupid things.  I do think that Phaedra knew he was at heart a lying sack of shit but the way Kenya inserted herself into their screen time, Phaedra wanted to believe what he was telling her.

I feel no sympathy for Kenya.  She bit at people and then cried when they bit back.  That's her MO and what comes around goes around.

Kenya has no problem throwing stones at the other women first but when they throw them back at her she cries "victim". IMO, Kenya studied all of the HW shows looking to see who the viewers supported and why they supported them before her first season began filming and then fine tuned it each season by gaging HWs and viewer feedback throughout the franchise not just her show. She is smart, reveals very little about who/what she really is in her personal life and is an actress that can and does cry on demand!

• Love 1

But she never said that she had first hand knowledge of him being gay.  Apollo and Phaedra both said that they had first hand knowledge of Kenya offering Apollo oral sex via text.  To me, what Kenya said about Walter was an opinion, and perhaps repeating rumors that she had heard.

I wouldn't take what Kenya had said about Walter as any first hand knowledge, because she never claimed to have any.  That is not the same as Phaedra and Apollo both claiming to have first hand knowledge about Kenya offering Apollo oral sex, which simply never happened.

I, for one, have no idea about Walters sexual orientation, nor do I care, but unless Kenya said that she saw him having sex with another man, or claimed to have seen a text from Walter offering sex to another man then the situations are not the same.

No, Kenya made a "statement of fact" and had her family back it up several times on camera. She never said "I think he may be gay" or even "I wonder if he is gay" , she said that "Walter is gay and that is well known in the Atlanta area", a statement of fact. And she did it because he revealed that she was "renting" him as her BF for the show only and that it was all a lie.. Once again, she lights the fire after throwing gas on the logs then cries when she gets burned.

When she was called out on it at the reunion she refused to answer Andy's question I also do not think Phaedra lied about seeing a text from a Kenya offering a BJ but I do think Apollo had someone else pretend to be Kenya and send it.

• Love 1

No, Kenya made a "statement of fact" and had her family back it up several times on camera. She never said "I think he may be gay" or even "I wonder if he is gay" , she said that "Walter is gay and that is well known in the Atlanta area", a statement of fact. And she did it because he revealed that she was "renting" him as her BF for the show only and that it was all a lie.. Once again, she lights the fire after throwing gas on the logs then cries when she gets burned.

When she was called out on it at the reunion she refused to answer Andy's question I also do not think Phaedra lied about seeing a text from a Kenya offering a BJ but I do think Apollo had someone else pretend to be Kenya and send it.

Even if someone says that its a known fact, I still take it as an opinion or repeat of rumor unless they have personal knowledge to back it up.  I once had someone tell me that it was a known fact that Oprah was gay.  So, IMO, there is a line you cross when you claim to have personal knowledge and lie based on that.  I mean, truly, to me, if you make a bold factual statement, the first question (either spoken or unspoken) is "well how do you know that?"  And if you don't have anything to back you up, people take it all with a grain of salt.

If Apollo had merely said "I know Kenya would have sex with me" without ever mentioning a text, I would have not taken it as a fact, rather as bluster and opinion.  So unless she said that she saw a text from Walter offering a man sex or saw Walter having sex with a man, its not the same to me.  This is worlds apart from claiming to have personal knowledge of something.  I absolutely think that Phaedra lied about seeing a text, because I think Phaedra is a liar.  She has lied about the conception date of Ayden, and she lied in her deposition.  She has proven herself to be a liar, so it doesn't seem out of character for her to lie.  

Apollo has also proven that he is not that bright, and even if he could talk someone else into sending a text message, they all should have each others phone numbers on the show, even if you're under the impression that the show is like a job, even most jobs give you everyone's phone number, so Phaedra would have known that some phantom text didn't come from Kenya.  I think Phaedra did a quick risk/reward analysis.  She was desperate for people to believe she had this perfect life/marriage and that her husband loved her.  When she lied, she probably thought the infinitely small risk of Apollo admitting to lying was worth the large reward of protecting her image, which she has lied to protect in the past (lying about when Ayden was conceived)

poop - hit send before I read that post, can you please tell me how to move it?

Your point is well taken, the situations are not the same.  What is offensive (to me at least) is that Kenya, and to a lesser extent, her cousin, broadcasted the same type of questionable information to the viewers about a man that for all intent and purpose, dumped Kenya when she pressured him.  It doesn't matter to me that supposedly this was a fake relationship that Kenya masterminded.  Somewhere along the line one of them went off script and it got ugly.  Personally I could care less what his sexual orientation is, but apparently he dated most of Atlanta, including Kandi, so at least on the surface he isn't gay.  But Kenya and her cousin put it out on national tv that he was.  IMO that is as bad or worse than the BJ lie.

• Love 5

Your point is well taken, the situations are not the same.  What is offensive (to me at least) is that Kenya, and to a lesser extent, her cousin, broadcasted the same type of questionable information to the viewers about a man that for all intent and purpose, dumped Kenya when she pressured him.  It doesn't matter to me that supposedly this was a fake relationship that Kenya masterminded.  Somewhere along the line one of them went off script and it got ugly.  Personally I could care less what his sexual orientation is, but apparently he dated most of Atlanta, including Kandi, so at least on the surface he isn't gay.  But Kenya and her cousin put it out on national tv that he was.  IMO that is as bad or worse than the BJ lie.

Its only my opinion, but to me, its not nearly as bad.  When someone makes a bold statement with nothing to back it up, I take it with a grain of salt.  When someone makes such a statement, my first question is normally "really? how do you know that?" or something to that effect.  Without any proof or personal knowledge I take it mostly as bluster, opinion, or at the very least with a grain of salt.  And I think Apollo and Phaedra knew that too, which is why they made up a lie about having personal knowledge to give legitimacy to their accusations.  When I hear a woman call a dude gay after he broke up with her, or embarrassed her on national TV I take it with a grain of salt.  Bring me some men in Atlanta that claim to have slept with him, bring me the people in Atlanta that know he is gay, because how do they know?  

• Love 1

Its only my opinion, but to me, its not nearly as bad.  When someone makes a bold statement with nothing to back it up, I take it with a grain of salt.  When someone makes such a statement, my first question is normally "really? how do you know that?" or something to that effect.  Without any proof or personal knowledge I take it mostly as bluster, opinion, or at the very least with a grain of salt.  And I think Apollo and Phaedra knew that too, which is why they made up a lie about having personal knowledge to give legitimacy to their accusations.  When I hear a woman call a dude gay after he broke up with her, or embarrassed her on national TV I take it with a grain of salt.  Bring me some men in Atlanta that claim to have slept with him, bring me the people in Atlanta that know he is gay, because how do they know?  

Kenya made her claim that Walter was gay "because he was not having sex with her", that was her proof that he was gay, at least that is what she told everyone on camera time and time again, as did her cousin AND her Aunt! Again, she did not say she suspected, wondered, or thought he might be gay but stated it as a fact that he was/is gay! That is wrong to do and there is no excuse for doing it....and to make matters worse IMO, she has never corrected that statement, retracted it or apologized for her and her family saying it on camera.  

• Love 5

Kenya, her Aunt and cousin (real or fake relatives I don't know) talked about how Walter was gay, a stalker, weird, ugly, abusive and a womanizer. Yeah, I'm not sure how all that works either but it was said with much glee. This is one of my problems with Kenya. She fakes things in her own life for the show but attacks others personally. Walter actually lives in Atlanta, has a real child, a real business, a real life within the community. He was stupid to agree to pose as her boyfriend but Kenya slandered him above and beyond what was necessary.

I always thought it was humorous that so many of the cast members seemed to like Walter's personality and company more than Kenya's.

• Love 5

Kenya made her claim that Walter was gay "because he was not having sex with her", that was her proof that he was gay, at least that is what she told everyone on camera time and time again, as did her cousin AND her Aunt! Again, she did not say she suspected, wondered, or thought he might be gay but stated it as a fact that he was/is gay! That is wrong to do and there is no excuse for doing it....and to make matters worse IMO, she has never corrected that statement, retracted it or apologized for her and her family saying it on camera.  

If thats the proof you're bringing to the table, then thats fine, thats not a lie, he wasn't having sex with her.  She didn't lie about that, whereas Apollo and Phaedra lied about the "proof" they had to back up their accusations.  Kenya drew a conclusion, however right or wrong, from a factual statement.  If Apollo said "well, Kenya wants to have sex with me." and when asked "well how do you know that?" he said "well, she let me throw her in a pool" that would be a conclusion drawn on a factual statement.  So, its different.

If my purse was stolen, and I saw you later with my purse, I might say "you stole my purse!"  Now of course, the next question is going to be "well how do you know that?"  I could say "well my purse was stolen, and then I saw you with my purse."  That is a conclusion drawn on a factual statement.  If I said "well I saw you steal my purse!"  that would be a lie.

I can discern the difference between an opinion/rumor/gossip and a statement of fact, even if someone doesn't preface it "in my opinion"  For example, I often say that hot dogs are a mixture of leftover animal parts and chicken beaks.  Do I preface that with "in my personal opinion, hot dogs are made of leftover animal parts and chicken beaks" no.  Most people can figure out that I don't actually see the chicken beaks going into the hot dogs, so they know its not something I'm claiming as gospel truth or a fact.

If everyone had to preface every opinion/gossip/rumor statement with "in my opinion" it would make the general conversation in America twice as long, 

• Love 1

If thats the proof you're bringing to the table, then thats fine, thats not a lie, he wasn't having sex with her.  She didn't lie about that, whereas Apollo and Phaedra lied about the "proof" they had to back up their accusations.  Kenya drew a conclusion, however right or wrong, from a factual statement.  If Apollo said "well, Kenya wants to have sex with me." and when asked "well how do you know that?" he said "well, she let me throw her in a pool" that would be a conclusion drawn on a factual statement.  So, its different.

If my purse was stolen, and I saw you later with my purse, I might say "you stole my purse!"  Now of course, the next question is going to be "well how do you know that?"  I could say "well my purse was stolen, and then I saw you with my purse."  That is a conclusion drawn on a factual statement.  If I said "well I saw you steal my purse!"  that would be a lie.

I can discern the difference between an opinion/rumor/gossip and a statement of fact, even if someone doesn't preface it "in my opinion"  For example, I often say that hot dogs are a mixture of leftover animal parts and chicken beaks.  Do I preface that with "in my personal opinion, hot dogs are made of leftover animal parts and chicken beaks" no.  Most people can figure out that I don't actually see the chicken beaks going into the hot dogs, so they know its not something I'm claiming as gospel truth or a fact.

If everyone had to preface every opinion/gossip/rumor statement with "in my opinion" it would make the general conversation in America twice as long, 

I do understand what you are saying but I disagree when it comes out of a HW mouth on TV as gospel and that is how Kenya presented it. She is not stupid, she is in fact very smart and very image/media savvy, she knew that by claiming he was gay, a lot of viewers would follow her down that ugly path. Much in the same way many did against her in "bj textgate". Many still say that she did do it because she was the one that made it sound like there was inappropriate texting from Apollo to begin with, she only backed peddled after the reunion aired and comments went against her on the Bravo Atlanta blog section and on other social media sites. Viewers raked her over the coals about the text innuendo and her threat of physical violence towards a very, very pregnant Phaedra, she needed to come completely clean back then but refused to do so and now must deal with the consequences of the lies she started, many do not believe her even when she is telling the truth. She is the Atlanta version of Brandi, smarter for sure but still as untrustworthy IMO.

For the record, I never believed Apollo's story about LA or the text but I do think Kenya was/is physically attracted to him as he is her.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

Walter was 3 seasons ago, so was the text mess and calling Apollo fine. Its time for the viewers to move on. And none of that justifies the smear campaign against this woman for the last 2 seasons.

Edited by charma
  • Love 7

I agree. When Kenya was hired to be on the show, I'm pretty sure she was told by production to "bring it on." And she did. She was ridiculous, outlandish, funny, snide, and flirty. She did what she was hired to do. Second season, she toned it down, after getting all the backlash.

I have to keep reminding myself this is all scripted and each housewife has a storyline to act out. If they fail, they get relegated to friend of a housewife like Porsha. It happens across all the franchises. I think Kenya enjoys her role, or she wouldn't come back for another season. What happens this season is anyone's guess, at this point.

• Love 4

I saw an interview a last week where Donald Trump was promoting Celebrity Apprentice.  He made a few comments about the reported Kenya/Vivica brouhaha and said that it had gotten out of control and he had never seen anything like it.  The nasty tweets she sent out under Vivica's name were disgusting, according to Trump. 

I've tried, but I can't feel sorry for what happens to Kenya, since she seems to cast the first nasty stone.

• Love 2

I don't feel sorry for Kenya, but with her background and her estrangement from her mother, I can see where most of it comes from. She feels like she has to scream for attention. Imagine growing up knowing your own mother doesn't want you. I can't.

• Love 3

I don't feel sorry for Kenya, but with her background and her estrangement from her mother, I can see where most of it comes from. She feels like she has to scream for attention. Imagine growing up knowing your own mother doesn't want you. I can't.

I can also see where it comes from and that is where I've tried to understand why she does what she does and gave her the benefit of the doubt. But she's also been lucky enough to have had her aunt and grandmother in her corner to be there for her when her mother rejected her - it seemed from what wasn't said directly that her mother has some type of mental illness.   I find her exhausting and like Kandi's mother, her family has been dealing with her shenanigans for most of her life.  I give her aunt a lot of credit and as competent and accomplished as she appears to be, she can't get through to Kenya much of the time. 

• Love 4

This is the real Kenya Moore, this is her real attitude and why I can not stand her! She has such an ego.......... https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/kenya-moore-shades-lupita-nyongo-perceived-golden-globes-195500647-us-weekly.html

Would that not then apply to Nene? She was also raised by her GM because her mother could or would not do it herself. You can't cut 1 of them slack for this but not the other. JS

• Love 1

To me, Kenya provides a great deal of entertainment and I think the ratings started going up when she joined the cast.  She will forever have the asterisk of the RH who hired a boyfriend her first season.  As animated as she can be there is also a side to her that is very real.  I find her stories about her mother to be heartbreaking, her relationship with her very down to earth aunt refreshing, the bashing she took and the being called a whore was a blight on the entire RH franchise. I think the physical assault she took at the hands of Porsha was unconscionable as was the lack of support from her cast mates. What remains to be seen is if Kenya can keep the friendships she is developing in Cynthia and Claudia.  The one with Nene didn't last long and that is unfortunate but more so for Nene.   

For some reason Atlanta has the strangest set of standards when it comes to marriage and relationships.  You have an entire group of women (sans Porsha) who are in business and conducting their business deals but some who fall completely apart when the idea that Kenya would answer the text of the husband of a co-worker.    How does the world work in Atlanta that married men can't have conversations with single women?  To me the difference between a Nene and a Kenya is I find Nene to be more of a novelty item and Kenya has a wider range and a bit  more savvy into the business side of things.  Last year Nene was out making big announcements about her production company being in development with three new shows and a second season of "I Dream of Nene" http://www.realitytea.com/2014/01/17/nene-leakes-production-company-working-on-three-new-shows/. A year later. . . crickets.

Kenya so far to me, seems to be approaching the production business side of things a little smarter with her interest in working with Roger Bob.  Maybe it is her prior experience, albeit not hugely successful, as a production side of the house.  I see Kenya if she can keep her wits about her and not get caught up in the minutia having a successful career after RHOA.

• Love 4

This is the real Kenya Moore, this is her real attitude and why I can not stand her! She has such an ego.......... https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/kenya-moore-shades-lupita-nyongo-perceived-golden-globes-195500647-us-weekly.html

Is there a law that an Oscar winner has to take selfies with a Reality TV Drama Queen that I'm not aware of?

Kenya needs to get over herself. She's not special. She's not well respected. She's on a cable tv show frequently showing her ass.

Lupita just twirled on. That's my girl. Beautiful, smart, dignified and accomplished.

• Love 5

Is there a law that an Oscar winner has to take selfies with a Reality TV Drama Queen that I'm not aware of?

Kenya needs to get over herself. She's not special. She's not well respected. She's on a cable tv show frequently showing her ass.

Lupita just twirled on. That's my girl. Beautiful, smart, dignified and accomplished.

This is 1 of my pet peeves about Kenya, her sense of self entitlement/self worth. Like everyone should automatically know who and what she is, be just thrilled to met/see/stand next to her and be in awe that she graced them with her presence. Her ego is ginormous! When she came on the HW show, she acted that the rest of the cast were supposed to be in awe of her.....she failed IMO.

• Love 3

To me, Kenya provides a great deal of entertainment and I think the ratings started going up when she joined the cast.  She will forever have the asterisk of the RH who hired a boyfriend her first season.  As animated as she can be there is also a side to her that is very real.  I find her stories about her mother to be heartbreaking, her relationship with her very down to earth aunt refreshing, the bashing she took and the being called a whore was a blight on the entire RH franchise. I think the physical assault she took at the hands of Porsha was unconscionable as was the lack of support from her cast mates. What remains to be seen is if Kenya can keep the friendships she is developing in Cynthia and Claudia.  The one with Nene didn't last long and that is unfortunate but more so for Nene.   

For some reason Atlanta has the strangest set of standards when it comes to marriage and relationships.  You have an entire group of women (sans Porsha) who are in business and conducting their business deals but some who fall completely apart when the idea that Kenya would answer the text of the husband of a co-worker.    How does the world work in Atlanta that married men can't have conversations with single women?  To me the difference between a Nene and a Kenya is I find Nene to be more of a novelty item and Kenya has a wider range and a bit  more savvy into the business side of things.  Last year Nene was out making big announcements about her production company being in development with three new shows and a second season of "I Dream of Nene" http://www.realitytea.com/2014/01/17/nene-leakes-production-company-working-on-three-new-shows/. A year later. . . crickets.

Kenya so far to me, seems to be approaching the production business side of things a little smarter with her interest in working with Roger Bob.  Maybe it is her prior experience, albeit not hugely successful, as a production side of the house.  I see Kenya if she can keep her wits about her and not get caught up in the minutia having a successful career after RHOA.

For as long as Kenya has been in Hollywood, she has not gone very far IMO and I suspect it is because of her rather aggressive, take over type of personality. When she first came on this show, she acted like she was gifting the other women with her presence. She and Nene have never been friends, Nene tolerated her at best but that is it. Kenya came on to make a name for herself by any means possible, including at the expense of her co-workers. Kenya is not real friends with any of them and that includes Claudia and Cynthia, they are no more than her "support" team on the show and off the show......nothing.

And to be clear, I dislike Nene as much as I dislike Kenya. They are cut from the same cloth IMO.

• Love 1

Just chiming in cuz your post struck a chord. I grew up knowing that WHILE living with my mother. She constantly begged, chided, insulted, I say, for me to be somebody else. One of my classmates, my younger sis, a friend of her's child, more like her. Just anyone and less like my father, please. The issues die down with time but they NEVER go away. Yes, my father ran screaming from the house straight to another woman. That said, I don't have daddy issues. I have mommy ones. It stinks. She didn't want my sister to be like me. She is seven yrs younger and prevented our interacting with each other. Never got into much trouble. Just spoke my own mind and refused to confirm to my southern belle upbringing, lmao. My dad hated her so much , he gave up on his daughters. He also didn't want to pay child support but I digress. Now, my sis is dying of ALS and mom is her caregiver. I am there for my mom but oh, the pain. Sorry for venting. I understand Kenya somewhat. I don't go around attacking ppl and I don't really want attention though. Guess cause I know what an"acquired taste" I am, lol.

Edited by leisawoo
  • Love 3

There are people walking the earth today whose mothers beat the shit out of them and they don't act as nasty as Kenya.  An ex boyfriend of mine had a mother who used to tell he and his siblings that she wished abortion had been legal in the 1950's because she would have had four of them; and none of them are like Kenya "Look At Me" Moore.

• Love 8

For as long as Kenya has been in Hollywood, she has not gone very far IMO and I suspect it is because of her rather aggressive, take over type of personality. When she first came on this show, she acted like she was gifting the other women with her presence. She and Nene have never been friends, Nene tolerated her at best but that is it. Kenya came on to make a name for herself by any means possible, including at the expense of her co-workers. Kenya is not real friends with any of them and that includes Claudia and Cynthia, they are no more than her "support" team on the show and off the show......nothing.

And to be clear, I dislike Nene as much as I dislike Kenya. They are cut from the same cloth IMO.

I have always suspected that Kenya not only burned, but torpedo'ed bridges in Hollywood/LA and made her way to Atlanta for another try..  I have never found anything to support my suspicion but then again, the lack of anyone saying anything about Kenya (save some comments made by CA contestants and Donald Trump) adds some credence in a weird way.  I remember her and Gabrielle Union(?) filming a scene for either RHoA or a Bravo commercial, but other than that - I've not seen anyone even acknowledge that they are friends/enemies/frenemies with Kenya.

I have always been of the belief that Kenya knows exactly what she is doing and has been like a bomb waiting to explode her whole life.  She is beautiful, bright and articulate and savvy and it is such a waste because she is such an ugly person.  She is clever, yet at times her cleverness has been her downfall.  She knows how to push buttons and revels in the reaction, unless it backfires on her, and then she knows how to play the victim.  She set the table from the get-go - she started coochie-gate with Cynthia, tangled with Porsha at her birthday party, gushed about 'foin' Apollo - tried to have us believe that she and Walter's next step was the altar - and then didn't understand why people called her out. 

Wendy Williams commented on the Lupita snub, and the gist I got out of it was - reality "stars" have now replaced soap stars as the bottom feeders of the industry so perhaps it wasn't a big shock that Lupita walked away.  Her guest George Lopez agreed with that and even cited the difference between how he was treated when attending a party with movie actors and television actors - he came as a guest of movie actors but was basically ignored.  I recall Nene complaining about getting a lukewarm welcome to Hollywood by about 50% of her peers when she was filming The New Normal.

Vanessa Williams has parlayed her talent and beauty in an understated, classy way.  She handled the Miss America fiasco with grace and came out a winner.   Kenya and Nene are more alike and whereas Kenya should be able to  run circles around Nene, Nene seems to continually find work in an industry Kenya's been a part of for many years.  SMH

• Love 5

Kenya is fun as long as she's the center of attention. No matter what they talk about she turns it about her. I would never want a friend like that. 

Perfectly stated - and she will resort to almost anything when she's turning it around to her.  That's what gets me - she can dish it out but can't take it when the victim bites back. 

• Love 4

Kenya is smart and beautiful, but she is not an actress so its not surprising that she has not had a lot of starring roles.  Plus, there are not a lot of roles for black actresses and I think Angela Bassett was the preferred choice for leading a movie featuring a gorgeous brown-skinned woman.  Nia Long and Jada Pinkett were the it girls on TV.

Kenya probably would have been more successful if she had chosen another career, but she wanted to be in entertainment so there is that.  If you are still working in the industry, but you are not an A, B, or C lister, does that mean you are not successful?  As long as you can pay your bills, wouldn't that qualify as being successful?

I like Lupita and I have been trying to watch her performance in 12 Years, but I cannot make myself watch that movie.  I've been sneaking looks at it, but I can't sit and watch it all the way through.  Lupita is gorgeous and everything is going her way.

Kenya probably should have shrugged her shoulders and concerned herself with the folks who were willing to take a picture with her, but she got more attention this way.  This strategy seems to work for her.  She got herself invited to the party both literally and figuratively.  Golden Brooks would have hurt quite a few people for the opportunity to be snubbed by Lupita.

Vanessa Williams has parlayed her talent and beauty in an understated, classy way.  She handled the Miss America fiasco with grace and came out a winner.   Kenya and Nene are more alike and whereas Kenya should be able to  run circles around Nene, Nene seems to continually find work in an industry Kenya's been a part of for many years.

Vanessa has real talent and she came from a very strong family.  Her parents stood firmly with her during the Miss America drama.  While they were disappointed with her, they had the attitude that she was going to be someone regardless of the adversity (they had instilled that in her from the beginning and just reinforced it during the crisis).  It helped that she married her publicist who was the key strategist that navigated her out of that mess.  Vanessa never pursued Miss America to be in the entertainment industry; she pursued Miss America to get money for college.

IMO, both Kenya and Vanessa have been successful.  Vanessa has certainly had more and better roles than Kenya, but I don't think Kenya has been unsuccessful in her own right.  She works with what she has. 

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 2

I often wonder why Kenya never married. She's been engaged a rumored 7 times, but never made the final step. She's a complex person, that's for sure, but I wouldn't go so far as to call her ugly or nasty. I think she's in a constant state of hurt, and I think she'd be a real study for a psychiatrist out there.

• Love 3

I often wonder why Kenya never married. She's been engaged a rumored 7 times, but never made the final step. She's a complex person, that's for sure, but I wouldn't go so far as to call her ugly or nasty. I think she's in a constant state of hurt, and I think she'd be a real study for a psychiatrist out there.

I'm sorry, but I don't blame Kenya's nonsense on anybody but Kenya.  

• Love 4

She is definitely someone who stirs the pot, but I don't see her being nasty.  I worked with a nasty person.  He would try to physically intimidate me to put me in my place.  He would alter and/or delete work that I came in on my own time to complete.  He would call into meetings that I attended in person and take that opportunity to ask if I had completed some menial task like filing (knowing damn well that I am not an administrative assistant) to let everyone in the room know that I was not someone as important (by title) as the folks sitting at the table.  We were not competing for the same job by the way.  I am a financial person and he is projects person.  My role was to find and manage the finances for his capital improvement projects from conception to implementation stage.  We were suppose to be working in tandem, but contained by the natural boundary of our roles.  If I pulled him to the side to show him something he did incorrectly concerning the financials, he would have a conniption fit.  If I made a mistake indicating funding went towards the conceptual design versus the detailed design of a project, he would make sure to let everyone know that I did not understand the difference between conceptual and detailed design.  It did not matter that I never wanted to be or pretended to be an engineer.

This stuff happened over time.  It was like a small drip that turned into a water main break.  It was like a Lifetime Movie about meeting a nice man and him turning into a serial killer or something.  I have never dealt with such a mean spirited, black-hearted person in my life.  At the same time, I knew that he was a broken person inside.  In the beginning, I got angry about it, but I was just sad for him after awhile.  This situation taught me a valuable lesson about perception and reality.  It also taught me that very smart people are taken in by a person they perceive to be a good person.  I guess another way of saying it is that smart people are not smart about all things.  Also, there were people benefiting from his ugliness, but that goes back to what I was taught about perception and reality.  Lastly, I was complicit too....I think.  I did not file a formal complaint.  I talked to our boss at the time, but he did not do anything about it.  He told me that his bosses were aware that my colleague had issues.  From my POV, they felt that his contributions to the organization outweighed his assholishness and I needed to suck it up.  I reasoned that filing a formal complaint would not affect the change I wanted so I did not bother - but would it have affected change?

About eight months after my conversation with my boss, the organization did make a change by removing my boss and replacing him with a smart women who takes no shit.  My former colleague, not getting mileage from his shenanigans because our new boss had him on a short leash (smile), quit last summer.  Y'all, she handled him like a pro.  He bad mouthed her to her peers, to staff, and to colleagues that share office space with us.  She continued to be very professional and she looked flawless doing it too. 

I have lived mean and nasty and low-down behavior and I just don't see Kenya in the same category.  Girl is a lightweight from my POV.

• Love 1