Type keyword(s) to search

Kenya Moore: Twirl! Twirl!

• Start Topic

On 6/21/2016 at 0:35 PM, innocuouspuff said:

A daily mail story, but hilarious. Kenya reportedly causes drama on the set of Worst Cooks in America! (Spoilers for early eps of the upcoming season of WCA: Celebrity Edition, I guess?)

it's true.  She pitched a hissy fit when she was the first to be eliminated from the 2nd celebrity version of the series.  She is now claiming she didn't make that much of a fit but wouldn't elaborate on what really happened. 

(edited)
29 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

We've never seen her cook. Remember the prepared meal she bought and then plopped it into a pan and passed it off to Walter as if she made it? 

She actually bought what looked like Italian food pre cooked from a restaurant and then purposely messed up the kitchen, to make it seem that she was the one who actually cooked the food.  I felt like I was watching a sitcom from the eighties or nineties.

There was type of foolishness going around when I was younger that was something like, only ugly girls cook or only ugly women need to know how to cook to keep a man.  I do not subscribe to this, as I cook and hope that I am not hideous (my mother also cooks well and she is beautiful).

The reason I bring this up is I would not be surprised if Kenya sort of believes this.  I can imagine her saying "when you look like this (then pointing to herself) there's no need to cook".

I should also say that I do not believe it is only women that should cook.  I think cooking is a life skill, like money management, that everyone should have some familiarity doing.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/8/2016 at 1:00 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Hell I guess that means I'm not, my mind was completely somewhere else with that.   Different, ahem, spelling and everything.  Serves my dirty minded ass right lol.

Salacious perhaps?

On 7/22/2016 at 8:22 AM, qtpye said:

There was type of foolishness going around when I was younger that was something like, only ugly girls cook or only ugly women need to know how to cook to keep a man.  I do not subscribe to this, as I cook and hope that I am not hideous (my mother also cooks well and she is beautiful).

The reason I bring this up is I would not be surprised if Kenya sort of believes this.  I can imagine her saying "when you look like this (then pointing to herself) there's no need to cook".

I should also say that I do not believe it is only women that should cook.  I think cooking is a life skill, like money management, that everyone should have some familiarity doing.

I agree with you.  You need food to live so everyone should have the basics of cooking.  You don't have to be a chef.  How does one grow up in a home and not pick up the basics.

I came here to see if you all had a picture of Kenya's head exploding.  No?  Well Nene has done well for herself and is now on the game show circuit.  I just saw Claudia co-hosting TMZ and then there is her not paying her bills AGAIN.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3

Those liens (esp the portapotty one) make me wonder if she was served as a default due to being the property owner, but there was some arrangement by which the contractor was to pay the vendors out of whatever Kenya paid them. Interesting to me that the PortaPotty lien is listed as ordered by the "request of Jamal Kellogg" and not as a result of an agreement with the homeowner herself. Of course, she is ultimately responsible, but situations like this happen all the time with third parties mismanaging funds. 

I guess the receipts will come out, knowing this batch of ladies.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

Those liens (esp the portapotty one) make me wonder if she was served as a default due to being the property owner, but there was some arrangement by which the contractor was to pay the vendors out of whatever Kenya paid them. Interesting to me that the PortaPotty lien is listed as ordered by the "request of Jamal Kellogg" and not as a result of an agreement with the homeowner herself. Of course, she is ultimately responsible, but situations like this happen all the time with third parties mismanaging funds. 

I guess the receipts will come out, knowing this batch of ladies.

This.  The rebuild and reno has gotta be in the 6 figure range and it says she paid cash for the house.  I can't see her studying $1200 even on principle.  I would also assume she has a project manager or general contractor.  She would know enough not to have to oversee/sign every sub or sub sub agreement.

18 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Salacious perhaps?

A much nicer guess than you've given me credit for.    Fellatious.    I'll go now.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

A much nicer guess than you've given me credit for.    Fellatious.    I'll go now.

Awww....we missed you,  Zaldamo, can't wait for this mess to get started back up, so I can read some of your comments on the ish...particularly, on Kenya and Peter (though I hope he is not holding a peach next season).

• Love 2

Awwww {{tacklehug}} hey girl! I ain't never quitting ya'll. lol.   This goes in the rhoa in the media thread but I just saw a snippet of him on Wendy Williams.  

Spoiler

talking about how Cynthia ambushed him with divorce papers.

she said the exact same thing to him talking about: Peter the rumor is you wanna hold your own peach.  I died a little bit.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Awwww {{tacklehug}} hey girl! I ain't never quitting ya'll. lol.   This goes in the rhoa in the media thread but I just saw a snippet of him on Wendy Williams.  

Reveal hidden contents

talking about how Cynthia ambushed him with divorce papers.

she said the exact same thing to him talking about: Peter the rumor is you wanna hold your own peach.  I died a little bit.

How in the hell did she

Spoiler

ambush him with a divorce

when she sat him down and told him she was unhappy?!?!

Every time Kenya has been asked about her house, she has mentioned that she's been having some trouble with some of the people working on the house.  Now if that trouble has been a project manager not taking care of things in the right way, I can see where payments to certain vendors can get overlooked or mismanaged.  But, Kenya tends to be not very good at owing up to things, so I'm sure whether it's her fault or not, she'll find some way to blame someone else.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

How in the hell did she

Reveal hidden contents

ambush him with a divorce

when she sat him down and told him she was unhappy?!?!

Every time Kenya has been asked about her house, she has mentioned that she's been having some trouble with some of the people working on the house.  Now if that trouble has been a project manager not taking care of things in the right way, I can see where payments to certain vendors can get overlooked or mismanaged.  But, Kenya tends to be not very good at owing up to things, so I'm sure whether it's her fault or not, she'll find some way to blame someone else.

Lol at this convo under the convo.  Girl he must not-a believed her at all.  In his defense she said she'd try when he started crocodile tearing and all but the fact that her ducts didn't feel n'aan ounce of pressure should've clued him all the way in.   I think Cyn is like a lot of women this way, in that she finna kick up a fuss and chin-on-wrist look at you while you sleep but ya'll don't live in the same house? and she isn't moved by the sight of you nekkid? {{cue Robert Kelly track}} na, na, na, na, nah...when a woman's fed up.....

Wendy played that video clip again and he sounded a damn bamboozle trying to explain.  Even brought white people into the story this time.   Bruh.

• Love 1

Hmmmm, is Kenya really trying to work out her relationship issues with Matt or merely using him for her storyline this season? http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/07/31/matt-jordan-accuses-kenya-moore-of-using-his-love-for-rhoa-storyline/

Why do I get the feeling that Kenya used him last season as well and planned the sudden "breakup" in Mexico right before filming began this season for her new storyline this season? LOL I Matt the unpaid version of Walter? LOL

• Love 2

I have no idea what is going on in Kenya's head, but I hoped she was honest with Matt.  I did have suspicions, as Kenya usually likes the light skin brothas with green eyes.  However, I was hoping she was over some of the superficial stuff.

Is anything about this chick real?

• Love 1

It looks like she is never "for real."  Matt tweeted sometime over the weekend that she claimed she wanted to rekindle their relationship but when he arrived to her house for a birthday party she was allegedly throwing for him, he realized it was being taped for the show and he feels like he was being manipulated during the entire time they were together.

• Love 3

I am skeptical of Matt's claim, AG. Only because I know everyone gets a call sheet emailed to them ahead of time so they know where to show up for filming. Bravo will often pick them up in limos, depending on the event. Matt was paid last season, same as any husband or boyfriend. He would know exactly what he was walking into.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

It looks like she is never "for real."  Matt tweeted sometime over the weekend that she claimed she wanted to rekindle their relationship but when he arrived to her house for a birthday party she was allegedly throwing for him, he realized it was being taped for the show and he feels like he was being manipulated during the entire time they were together.

Never ever ever. It's so tired. Always the victim no matter what. Everything is manufactured. I hope this is her last season. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I am skeptical of Matt's claim, AG. Only because I know everyone gets a call sheet emailed to them ahead of time so they know where to show up for filming. Bravo will often pick them up in limos, depending on the event. Matt was paid last season, same as any husband or boyfriend. He would know exactly what he was walking into.

I have to disagree with this.  On twitter, it did appear like Kenya was reaching out to Matt and apologizing for trying to villianize him after their fight when they agreed to keep the fight to themselves.  Her olive branch per se was to throw him a private birthday party.  According to him, it was not supposed to be a taped event and they were supposed to reconcile and rekindle their relationship.  That was why he is so incensed with the cameras being at her house when she specifically said none would be there.  He went on a twitter rant as he felt he was being used for her "fame" rather than an actual relationship.  It doesn't appear he will remain with her.

• Love 2

LOL, I don't believe anything any of these people say regarding being filmed for this show. Again, I think they are ensuring they have a storyline together on the upcoming season and this is one way for that to happen. "Tune in and see if Kenya and Matt are still together!!" type of thing.

1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

He was probably told by Bravo to shut up, as they are not to EVER discuss things they are filming for the show.

Of course it could be that Kenya and Matt are play fighting for the show, I wouldn't put it past her to ask him to do this for her or that he agreed to do it for her, which would make it as much a lie as her/Walter relationship was a lie. I also have no problem believing that Kenya would set him up like this, promise it was going to be a private event to work their issues out and spring the camera crew on him because this is the same woman that allowed everyone to think he got physical with her in Mexico. Kenya has no boundaries that she will not cross to keep the cameras on her and to keep her fans buying into her poor, poor Kenya act.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

Well that's just embarrassing. She's out here buying plane tickets and giving out gas money? Yikes. Kandi 2.0

Kenya is treating Matt like he is her paid employee! LOL

• Love 3
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

What the heck is going on with these 2? Makeup - breakup - makeup - breakup, I really think these 2 are playing games to give her a storyline on the show.

http://www.lovebscott.com/news/kenya-moore-and-matt-jordan-are-going-through-it-again-video

She sent him $20 for gas! BWAHAHA!!!  Now she knows very well most people in Atlanta live 45 minutes to an hour from the airport, so she should have at least spotted him $40.  Man, messy people stay messy posting all their petty ass shit on the internet.  But damn if it's not entertaining.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

She sent him $20 for gas! BWAHAHA!!!  Now she knows very well most people in Atlanta live 45 minutes to an hour from the airport, so she should have at least spotted him $40.  Man, messy people stay messy posting all their petty ass shit on the internet.  But damn if it's not entertaining.

I'm pretty sure he's the one who said he wasted $20, so that's why she sent him that amount

It now looks like he's had enough of her.  He just last night took to twitter to call off any relationship and basically called her batshit crazy.  He stated that nothing he did for her was ever good enough and any slightly raised voice was interpreted by her as a violent attack on her life.  So as of right now, he's done.

14 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

It now looks like he's had enough of her.  He just last night took to twitter to call off any relationship and basically called her batshit crazy.  He stated that nothing he did for her was ever good enough and any slightly raised voice was interpreted by her as a violent attack on her life.  So as of right now, he's done.

Wait another day or two and I'm sure they'll be back on

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Y'all realize this is all for the show, right? This will guarantee them plenty of airtime.

If that's the case, then once again Kenya is being fake/dishonest on the show and needs to get off of "Reality" TV and find a fully scripted show to act on.

• Love 2

They ALL are playing a role, there's nothing "reality" about this show at all. And it IS scripted. They get a call sheet with the outline of what scenes they are shooting that day, where, and what the topic of conversations is supposed to be, including who will start the arguments. Kenya's doing what she's paid to do -- stir the pot and make waves. Just like Porsha had that fake birthday party for the guy she was dating. And Phaedra with all of her various enterprises. Nothing on the Housewives shows is real.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

They ALL are playing a role, there's nothing "reality" about this show at all. And it IS scripted. They get a call sheet with the outline of what scenes they are shooting that day, where, and what the topic of conversations is supposed to be, including who will start the arguments. Kenya's doing what she's paid to do -- stir the pot and make waves. Just like Porsha had that fake birthday party for the guy she was dating. And Phaedra with all of her various enterprises. Nothing on the Housewives shows is real.

If that's the case, how do you reconcile your opinion that Porsha is an immature violent person who should be kicked off the show. None of what she's doing is real :).

• Love 6

Porsha has taken her thuglife off camera as well, which is why she's in anger management therapy. She's been arrested twice, I think.

I found this on Bravo's site, it's a Q&A with the BH producer, which answers some interesting questions.

BravoBravo has four questions. One: Do the ladies watch the footage before we interview them? Nope. The ladies are questioned based on their memories.

Two: Did the people on the plane know they were going to be filmed prior to the departure? We always put out Area Release signs when we shoot people in the public, and yes, sometimes, people are surprised -- usually quite happily. But all the people you see in the background on the plane happily signed releases.

Three: Does it take a long time to get through the airport with all that equipment? YES! Though most times, most of the crew is sent earlier with the majority of the gear and just one crew is left behind to shoot the "follow." Also, we work closely with the airlines to make things go as smoothly as possible.

Four: What's the fourth wall? That is a show business term that acknowledges that we are in fact a "television show." Examples of that would be on the old Carol Burnett show or Saturday Night Live when one of the actors starts to laugh. That's "breaking character" or "breaking the fourth wall" because the character isn't laughing, the actor is. Make sense?

• Love 1

None of this is news to me, but thanks for sharing.

I always find it interesting though when some "characters" are considered awful people on and off-set, and others' terrible behavior is considered just acting for the tv show.  I like to see why some come to that conclusion, where the line is drawn, you know.

• Love 1

On any of these HW shows, there's always someone who's in trouble with the law, or not paid their taxes (Kim Fields), or has done something outside the show that reveals their true character. Look at Kim Richards, who was finally bumped off that show. Porsha got arrested for hitting Kenya and for speeding. And is being sued. I also think she had a huge tax lien and had to move. Phaedra's husband is in prison and was doing his crimes while he was play-acting on the show. 

That's just my opinion on why some people are looked at funny, or frowned-upon, due to what they do off the set in their daily life.

3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

No, they are not acting. Yes, they do "stage" events but there are no written lines for the cast to learn.

2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Porsha has taken her thuglife off camera as well, which is why she's in anger management therapy. She's been arrested twice, I think.

I found this on Bravo's site, it's a Q&A with the BH producer, which answers some interesting questions.

Porsha has not been in any physical fights outside of the HW show, None, Zip, Zero, Nada!

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, they are not acting. Yes, they do "stage" events but there are no written lines for the cast to learn.

Porsha has not been in any physical fights outside of the HW show, None, Zip, Zero, Nada!

Plus, reacting to someone who attacked you first is not thug behavior. 

• Love 3

They don't have lines to learn, but they DO have scenarios to act out. Example: Actress A is told to meet Actress B for lunch, and A is supposed to make inquiries about B's marriage. Then, accuse B of cheating. They know exactly how to get a rise out of each other and score points with production. 

DC Housewives ended after one season due to being boring, and legal troubles with some of the cast members. It happens, and we don't always hear about it in the mainstream media.

5 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

They don't have lines to learn, but they DO have scenarios to act out. Example: Actress A is told to meet Actress B for lunch, and A is supposed to make inquiries about B's marriage. Then, accuse B of cheating. They know exactly how to get a rise out of each other and score points with production. 

DC Housewives ended after one season due to being boring, and legal troubles with some of the cast members. It happens, and we don't always hear about it in the mainstream media.

That is called "staging", not "scripting", and they don't tell the HWs what to talk about. Yes, the producers tell them that HW X said yada, yada, yada, about them in hopes that they confront them on camera but it is up to each HW what to say/do. They not supposed to make up fights up out of thin air and they aren't supposed to fake fight (JillZ got fired for doing that) or fake anything. Several HWs across the franchise have been or have threatened to be demoted to FOH because they were refusing to show their real lives, Luann was demoted and Vicki was threatened with demotion.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

OK, staging, thank you. But I did once see some typed notes suggesting things to say, via a friend who works on the ATL show. On that day, they were indeed telling them what to discuss.

Without a doubt, the producers suggest things to the women but it is always based on real things that were said to or about 1 HW by another HW, they are not made up out of thin air/lies. Alex (NY) revealed a lot of the behind the scenes producer tricks but she always maintained that they don't make up stories, that everything is based on facts that really happened/were said, with the exception of the JillZ/Bethenny (NY) fight that got Jill fired.

Production has to "stage" everything in advance so they all know the filming schedule and so that production can get the release forms signed before they film in public places.  What they, production, don't do is tell the HWs what to say or how to act, that is on the individual HW and it is supposed to be based on their real lives. Paying someone to fake date them, or fake fighting with a SO or another HW can get a HW fired, so Kenya may be on her last leg if it is proven she/Matt are faking this for the cameras.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Very true, I think everyone thought Matt and Kenya were a real couple last season. Including production.

I'm not so sure that "everyone" thought they were a "real" couple, there were a few shady comments made by the other HWs. I do think production thought/prayed it was real but they should have known better. Kenya hasn't been honest about her "real life" since she joined the show, especially when it comes to men/dates. The only time I felt Kenya was real was when her dog died, the only time, everything else comes across as fabricated for the show. 

• Love 3

I think the Millionaire Matchmaker situation was real and very embarrassing for her which is probably why she kept that L off the show. 

As for Matt, I think it's real but I bet she thinks she has the upper hand. Kenya may be crazy but I don't think she would fake abuse just for a story. That would be over the line imo.

Matt seems off to me and I think she may want to let this one go. Keeping a peach isn't worth spending money on plane tickets and gas and being verbally abused.

• Love 1