Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Collision Course (Part 1)

• Start Topic

To face The Galaxy-Hopping Hate-Beast That Eats Planets, the team on Earth asks for help in all the wrong places; while back on the Lazy Comet, something weird goes on with Izel's crew.

Airdate: 07.05.2019

Lots of crosses and double crosses made for a fun hour.  Should have expected the cliffhanger.

I was wondering about Sarge's escape plan and didn't think about the portal.  I'm a little surprised that Snowflake was the sacrificial member of his crew.  She seemed the most devoted, but she is a loose cannon.

And really Deke?

I'm glad we haven't seen the last of the Chronicoms.  It didn't occur to me that they had full brain scans of Fitz-Simmons.

• Love 1
(edited)

So Sarge is an independent operator? 

Deke’s interpretation of Snow’s soul line is so mch more charitable than mine. 

Why are the stepping disks not more generally used?

Edited by Affogato
  • Love 2

Heh, Fitz is literally jealous of himself. Usually in these cases, a clone in involved somehow.

I think Izel is the villain, but Sarge is the anti-hero, because of his blase' attitude about collateral damage. He lost the only people he cared about and now everyone else is just a means to an end.

• Love 5

A small earthquake knocked off the second half. Even on ABC.com. The first half was good, I wasn't expecting the shrike so soon with Izal. . I guess it will be a couple of days before I catch up

How many more episodes are left to go? I'm not bored, but the series isn't a priority for me. Even if AoS is divorced from any continuity headaches in the MCU, it still feels messy. You got Sarge on one side, Izel is on the other, and our heroes are along for the ride to Crazy Crystal Town.

4 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

And really Deke?

That could be a better name for the series: And Really, Deke? I'm guessing she was what Snowflake needed, but not what she wanted. Because he's Deke, and Deke is the worst.

• Love 3

Snowflake was the least useful member on Sarge's team, that is why Sarge choose her go on the mission. Yes, that seems to check out.

From the preview it seems like the tower is made out of thousands of Shrikes. Does SHIELD have a freeze ray?

(edited)
42 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

How many more episodes are left to go? I'm not bored, but the series isn't a priority for me. Even if AoS is divorced from any continuity headaches in the MCU, it still feels messy. You got Sarge on one side, Izel is on the other, and our heroes are along for the ride to Crazy Crystal Town.

Five episodes left. 

Messy is the perfect description. I’m still curious about where it is going but the characters I’m invested in are simply being pulled along by the plot.  

Edited by Guest

Really Deke?????

Lol regarding Fitz being jealous of himself!

Really tense episode, though I suspected that Sarge had planned something along the line. Someone who doesn't care for causalities in the name of the greater good would do something like that.

7 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Snowflake was the least useful member on Sarge's team, that is why Sarge choose her go on the mission. Yes, that seems to check out.

From the preview it seems like the tower is made out of thousands of Shrikes. Does SHIELD have a freeze ray?

If dealing with a Shrike host was the mission Snowflake was a knife fighter, if SHIELD agents then Jaco is your tank. Meanwhile Pax is just a soldier who has been showing mutinous intentions before. Pax by breaking the chain and Sarge holding Deke up like he shouldn't be able to unless Deke was a pro wrestler playing along both showed limited amounts of super strength. And then Sarge taking "bold action" turned an Enoch phrase is making me double my speculation that he just might be a Chronicom version of a skinjob Cylon sleeper, or the writers got lazy.

SHIELD did capture Donnie Gill/Blizzard back before Hydra emerged.

What is chained-up guy hadn't been able to stand up and unfold that jacket?  Would Sarge still have come through, but be tangled in the jacket? Would it have worked at all since the circle wouldn't be a circle?  A lot was riding on that jacket being on the ground, unfolded, outside of secure chamber/containment pod.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, swanpride said:

Really Deke?????

The "You have a beautiful soul" pick up line is guaranteed to work 7 out of 10 times.

She wanted to try the "Naked Man" but ABC turned her down.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 5
38 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

What is chained-up guy hadn't been able to stand up and unfold that jacket?  Would Sarge still have come through, but be tangled in the jacket? Would it have worked at all since the circle wouldn't be a circle?  A lot was riding on that jacket being on the ground, unfolded, outside of secure chamber/containment pod.

The plot armor is strong with the Sarge. He also has the SHIELD budget cuts Mack has to deal with. After his first guard is killed he stays with one guard with  Yo-Yo walking by occasionally.

Speaking of the guard what was with a real gun and not an ICER? He seemed rather unprofessional

• Love 3
1 hour ago, aquarian1 said:

I was thinking the same thing.

• Love 2
(edited)

Fitz is jealous of his future self? Gemma should remind him that his other self had a psychic break and forcibly performed surgury on Daisy. That'll stop his jealously right in its tracks.

Figures that Snowflake took a liking to Deke. 

So, the Sarge crew knows now that both Daisy and Yo-yo are not your average humans. Not sure if that's a good thing.

I like the fact that these characters are still around having new adventures, but part of me wonders if it would have been best for the series to end last season. It would have served as a pretty good coda.

Edited by StarBrand
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

What is chained-up guy hadn't been able to stand up and unfold that jacket?  

It started before that. The only reason that guy was on such a long chain in the first place was so that he would eventually be able to use the chain as a weapon. 

How come an escaped prisoner can open the pod? And without setting off an alarm?

Would the big guy's jacket portal have worked inside the containment pod? If not, he needed to be outside the pod briefly. But it was only chained up guy's improvised plan that allowed that. 

Why are prisoners dressed in their own clothes, as opposed to known safe prison uniforms? 

Didn't SHIELD go over that truck with a fine tooth comb when they had the chance. How do you hide a nuclear weapon equivalent chunk of energy from that?

The list goes on and on. It's frustrating to see SHIELD dumbed down so much so Sarge's team can "win".

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

What is chained-up guy hadn't been able to stand up and unfold that jacket?

Yeah, that's true, as has what everyone else has said, but it's Instant Hole! I love Instant Hole no matter what gyrations you must go through to bring it into use. 

• Love 2

I think the hole would still have worked in the pod.  It worked through the jewelry vault.  May couldn't get through when it was facing the floor, but if it were blocked by a folded jacket, Sarge could push the edges out of the way.  If it was being worn by Jaco it would still have worked, but climbing through would have been a lot more awkward.

17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Does SHIELD have a freeze ray?

They need to call Dr. Horrible.  *sings* "With my freeze ray I will stop the world..."

• Love 4
5 hours ago, StarBrand said:

Fitz is jealous of his future self? Gemma should remind him that his other self had a psychic break and forcibly performed surgury on Daisy. That'll stop his jealously right in its tracks.

I’m bothered that Simmons doesn’t show mixed feelings. You know, she had some intimate moments this guy doesn’t share. She knows he has the potential for deeply crazy. Etc. 

5 hours ago, StarBrand said:

I like the fact that these characters are still around having new adventures, but part of me wonders if it would have been best for the series to end last season. It would have served as a pretty good coda.

There is no way they can match the elegance of last season’s ending. It does feel anticlimactic.  

• Love 3

I thought this episode was just okay. I hope the next episode FitzSimmons is finally back on earth and reunited with everyone. 

This is the last season correct? How many episodes will there be? They need to start wrapping things up if this is the last season of the show so we'll have an ending that doesn't feel rushed and just thrown together.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I thought this episode was just okay. I hope the next episode FitzSimmons is finally back on earth and reunited with everyone. 

This is the last season correct? How many episodes will there be? They need to start wrapping things up if this is the last season of the show so we'll have an ending that doesn't feel rushed and just thrown together.

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D got an unexpected preseason renewal for a 7th season. It is already in production. Whether it will be a fall, winter or summer schedule is not known yet.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

There’s 13 episodes this season and 13 episodes next season. 

(edited)

FitsSimmons really do just have the worst luck ever. They finally are together, and they meet someone who they get a ride home with...and it’s a life hating genocidal big bad. They can just never catch a break! And while now is clearly not the time for it, eventually this Fitz will have to find out that the Fitz who died had some kind of psychotic break and tortured one of his best friends, among other things.

Edited by tennisgurl

One thing after another. First we need to get all of them together. And once they are, hopefully Shield will act competent again…..honestly, I am starting to think that the earth team is missing its brains.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

It was kind of funny after all the time they spent wandering in space, that they installed the warp drive, turned it on, snapped their fingers, and they where back at Earth. Talk about no muss, no fuss.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Of course Deke would see a clearly unstable violent alien mercenary and think “oh yeah, that is serious girlfriend potential right there!” 

Deke [Internal monologue]: The viewers say that Daisy is out of my league....so Plan B it is.....

• LOL 2

This episode made me realize that the Sarge storyline has lost me. I want the team back together and I want them to turn their brains back on. They seem to have been switched to trusting, lazy or just dumb. I know they’ll save the day and if I could I would fast forward through lots of it until we get there. I don’t know exactly when the breaking point was but I have largely checked out. The one point that worked well for me was Deke. I know most of you think he’s the worst but I find him entertaining, especially in the draggy circumstances everyone else seems stuck in. He and Snowflake made me laugh in what was otherwise a blah episode. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Of course Deke would see a clearly unstable violent alien mercenary and think “oh yeah, that is serious girlfriend potential right there!” 

Considering the dystopian future he grew up in, I think Deke learned to take it wherever he can get it.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Or splattered over the remains of the planet. I guess that counts. 

10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

It was kind of funny after all the time they spent wandering in space, that they installed the warp drive, turned it on, snapped their fingers, and they where back at Earth. Talk about no muss, no fuss.

How jump points work has been left carefully unexplained. Whether different hyperdrives can make longer jumps than others is also an open question.

9 hours ago, swanpride said:

Well, I guess there is at least one jump point close to earth.

Just the other side of the moon, apparently.

• Love 1

Fitz and Simmons are almost back on Earth!  But they've, well, helped bring Sarge's "Monster" with them.  Granted, Karolina Wydra's casting alone made me suspect that was what was going to happen, but Fitz and Simmons really never get a win for too long, huh?  I did find Fitz being jealous of his future self amusing and probably realistic if something crazy like that could actually happen in real life, but Simmons probably could have ended that if she told him about the time Future Fitz lost his mind and put Daisy through hell.  As long as you can avoid that, you will be automatic upgrade, New Fitz!

Ah, Deke and Snowflake!  It's a tale as old as time.  He's from future and harbors an one-sided crush on someone who will never be into him (I hope.)  She's a nutty assassin, who likes to cut people up and go on about snowflakes, souls, and other weird shit.  They were made for one another!

At least they were smart enough not to have the other two members of Sarge's squad in the same containment room, but I really don't see why they even had the other guy attached to such a long chain.  They were just asking for him to breakout.

We already check back in with Enoch!  Yay, Enoch!  I hope he ends up being the surprise Hail Mary that ends up saving the day. 

• Love 1

I'm sad because I'm just not feeling this season, but I'm with this show until the end. 

I do like show playing with the expectation of Sarge and Izel... who should the gang really be afraid of?

• Love 2

I don't know why I watch this show anymore. 5B was a complete disaster, and the last time the show was good was in 4B (4A was a boring slog). Nothing makes sense anymore, and all the characters are dumbed down and there's too many plot holes.

• Love 4

Since they started the pod concept, and this season with the split Fitzsimmons and Sarge interior arcs I have been on different fan sites and where the general consensus is we like say the space arc and think Sarge is boring at one site just a click away are the fans wanting everybody back on earth to deal with the Shrike yesterday. 

They seem to be doing an effective job of broadcasting giving a little something for everyone 

• Love 1

Well, it is both for me...I enjoy the space arc more than what happens on earth but I also can't wait for the team being together again because I am sure that as soon as they are, the earth arc will solve itself.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:17 PM, thuganomics85 said:

We already check back in with Enoch!  Yay, Enoch!  I hope he ends up being the surprise Hail Mary that ends up saving the day. 

I have a feeling he's going to play a big part in it. I think that's the plot reason for him giving Fitz the phone/pager.

• Love 1

May's reaction to Deke explaining how "Snowbunny" gets him might be my favourite moment in the entire show.

And of course Fitz is now jealous of himself. FitzSimmons should be studied at schools as a great example how not to write romantic relationships.

"But I am sick of space" - so am I, Jemma, so am I.

Of course Izel is the person Sarge wants to kill. Would have been nice if SHIELD had at least, you know, attempted to shoot down her ship, since they assumed it was hers and she was coming to destroy the Earth and SHIELD is once again a government-backed organisation which I assume can raise the alarm in case of alien attacks.

It was nice that Mack pulled his head out of his ass and didn't fulfill all of Sarge's demands but how many times is the plot going to rely on a prisoner escaping SHIELD's custody? Usually in the stupidest of fashions because they have worse security than the the average McDonalds store.

• Love 2
On 7/6/2019 at 1:34 PM, Latverian Diplomat said:

It started before that. The only reason that guy was on such a long chain in the first place was so that he would eventually be able to use the chain as a weapon. 

Pretty much everything that happened with the chained up guy was some of the dumbest stuff I have seen. First they put him on a giant chain so that he can move around all over the place and use it as a weapon. Then the guy with the keys gets close enough to get killed. Then Yo-yo leaves a guy who just killed one of her fellow agents basically free to walk around the plane. These agents are so stupid. Fury would not stand for this shit.

On 3/30/2020 at 3:30 PM, Jack Shaftoe said:

It was nice that Mack pulled his head out of his ass and didn't fulfill all of Sarge's demands

I wish he just completely went back on the deal. It is not like he had a legal binding contract. Again think to yourself Mack, what would Fury do?

• Love 1