Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, laredhead said:

No one has mentioned the mother/son duo moving from Colorado to New Jersey.  I was laughing through the entire episode that the teenage son wanted a traditional house with a porch, a backyard, and a suburban feel.  Good for him.

I like their mother-son relationship. They banter, but none of it seemed mean-spirited. And the son was 15-16-I like that the mom trusted him to drive. It was like he was taking care of her. 

But the mom. "You call this a walk-in closet?" Yes. There are 3 people comfortably standing in this closet with plenty of room to spare.  "You did well with the first floor, but you didn't knock it out on the second floor." Did the real estate agent build the friggin house? No, he did not!

I liked the mother at first, but she got more annoying as the show went on. I wonder if that's what happened in her relationship with Myles's dad. *showing myself out*

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, laredhead said:

The Tampa husband was getting on my last nerve.  He needs to study hurricanes a little bit more before deciding not to buy a two story house, or that brick will matter to a hurricane like the one we just experienced in Louisiana (Ida).  Also, tornadoes spin off from those storms, and will demolish anything in their path.  If he's so concerned about that, perhaps she should have chosen another area of the country in which to do her residency.  Hurricanes are like the honey badger - they don't care.  While the wife's voice was irritating, I sympathize with her putting up with his endless list of things to beware of.  

No one has mentioned the mother/son duo moving from Colorado to New Jersey.  I was laughing through the entire episode that the teenage son wanted a traditional house with a porch, a backyard, and a suburban feel.  Good for him.

His hurricane knowledge really was lacking. I don't live in a hurricane area but I know more than he did.

Double pane windows are no protection against hurricane force winds. If there is a hurricane, you either need to board up your windows or put up your hurricane shutters. It is only if you actually have REAL hurricane windows that you don't need to do anything. The reason people go to the significant expense of installing true hurricane windows is so they don't have to deal with the hassle of putting up the shutters. 

Also you can be fairly significantly in land and still be at risk in a major hurricane area. Being close to water relates only to flooding from the actual water source flooding you but you are still in danger of having your house suffer significant damage including water damage from torrential rains.

Obviously they needed a home with a mother in law suite because the mother will be living with them for a significant period of time. I wasn't particularly impressed by any of the choices and was a bit surprised at how pricey that area was. That island must be a very elite area to command that price given the significantly lower price for the third home which wasn't on the island. I wouldn't want to have to deal with that amount of baby gates - needing them for one staircase is manageable because you aren't constantly going up and down and having to deal with the gate but the split level home appears to need gates just to get from one section of the living area to another. I also think that drops in elevation are a hazard because people don't realize that there is a small drop as it doesn't register.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 7
On 9/19/2021 at 10:23 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

That's great for you and your family...I was offering an opinion about being isolated from things that a suburban family would find difficult. Sure, you grew up that way but I don't think this family did. They don't have a farm to play around on...or anything even remotely resembling that. They were a suburban couple with young kids...not farmers, not even gentlemen farmers...and this isn't a farm. What neighbor are they going to call? They have none. No family nearby either. I never said anything about living in a walkable town with shops and restaurants...I was referring to having to run to the store for milk, bread, orange juice or cough medicine and having to drive miles away in a snowstorm...that part of New Mexico in the mountainous areas has rough winters with a lot of snow. I did not say anything derogatory about dirt roads...I was stating that driving on a dirt road in the winter way up there could be very treacherous. I've lived in New Mexico and winters can be rough. Yes, maybe where you live you have more social opportunities that have been in place for generations like 4H or church. Not sure that exists in that part of New Mexico or would even be something that would appeal to this family.

When my kids were 10 and 4 we left Chicago to live in the country in Wisconsin.  We started out on 5 acres but then we went bigger.  This was 30 years ago.  My kids absolutely loved living out in the country.  They would play outside all day.  They would skate on the pond in winter.  They made friends that lived about 3 miles away.  They would bike over there when it was nice. Otherwise we drove them.  They were very involved in school sports.  We car pooled.

Thirty years later my daughter lives in Alaska.  They are looking to move to a more rural area.  My son stayed right down the road from us.  

As a kid in Chicago I always wanted a rural life.  I was glad my kids had the chance.  When we 1st moved here DH still worked in Chicago.  He would leave Monday afternoon and come home on Friday night.  We were fine alone.

Edited by WI GIRL56
27 minutes ago, amarante said:

Obviously they needed a home with a mother in law suite because the mother will be living with them for a significant period of time. I wasn't particularly impressed by any of the choices and was a bit surprised at how pricey that area was. That island must be a very elite area to command that price given the significantly lower price for the third home which wasn't on the island. I wouldn't want to have to deal with that amount of baby gates - needing them for one staircase is manageable because you aren't constantly going up and down and having to deal with the gate but the split level home appears to need gates just to get from one section of the living area to another. I also think that drops in elevation are a hazard because people don't realize that there is a small drop as it doesn't register.

Tampa is very pricey, and Davis Island is even more expensive.     I didn't like the way the husband kept talking about the MIL moving in, and anticipating her moving out, and he could use the MIL suite for his office.  I would have bought the first house, and changed the windows to hurricane resistant.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WI GIRL56 said:

When my kids were 10 and 4 we left Chicago to live in the country in Wisconsin.  We started out on 5 acres but then we went bigger.  This was 30 years ago.  My kids absolutely loved living out in the country.  They would play outside all day.  They would skate on the pond in winter.  They made friends that lived about 3 miles away.  They would bike over there when it was nice. Otherwise we drove them.  They were very involved in school sports.  We car pooled.

Thirty years later my daughter lives in Alaska.  They are looking to move to a more rural area.  My son stayed right down the road from us.  

As a kid in Chicago I always wanted a rural life.  I was glad my kids had the chance.  When we 1st moved here DH still worked in Chicago.  He would leave Monday afternoon and come home on Friday night.  We were fine alone.

In the words of Sly Stone..."Different strokes for different folks..."

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I didn't like the way the husband kept talking about the MIL moving in, and anticipating her moving out, and he could use the MIL suite for his office. 

I agree and that confirms the daughter (plastic surgeon) stating on NUMEROUS occasions that she and mamma (nonna) don't necessarily "get along" and must be separated physically in any home they occupy together!!  Can we only imagine the innumerable "issues" that are likely to arise with "nonna" being left to supervise the child with hubby in his "office" and mom being 15 mins away at the hospital?

Personally, being a grandmother myself, I wouldn't under any circumstances agree to such an arrangement!! 

It's true that in "theory" the grandma live-in babysitting situation sounds ideal; however, in "practice" with the dynamics I see between the surgeon and the engineer, how "nonna" fits into their lifestyle is problematic at best and disastrous at worst. 

The baby was simply adorable and I hope they get all those gates up ASAP along with a secure fence around the pool.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, topanga said:

I like their mother-son relationship. They banter, but none of it seemed mean-spirited. And the son was 15-16-I like that the mom trusted him to drive. It was like he was taking care of her. 

But the mom. "You call this a walk-in closet?" Yes. There are 3 people comfortably standing in this closet with plenty of room to spare.  "You did well with the first floor, but you didn't knock it out on the second floor." Did the real estate agent build the friggin house? No, he did not!

I liked the mother at first, but she got more annoying as the show went on. I wonder if that's what happened in her relationship with Myles's dad. *showing myself out*

The mom was quite the diva for someone who purported to have grown up poor...wow! 

• Love 3

The Tampa family looked very sweet when they were in the pool. I wondered if that other couple was his parents or her father. How nice that her medical school loan allowed them to buy an expensive house. Does anyone have more information on how that works? 

Sigh, they looked fresh out of high school to me. People are going to constantly ask her if she's really a doctor.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Unless they're staying in Tampa after the wife's residency, why didn't they just rent?    

Right? Wife looked like she was fourteen...her little girly voice didn't help. Husband had some vaild concerns but clearly he should have had second thoughts about moving to Florida if he was so concerned about hurricanes. They could have gone anywhere for a residency in plastic surgery. Also...I was shocked at the price of homes in that area. Wowzer! The house they chose looked dated from the outside and was a hodgepodge of staircases and entryways...I would need a map of the place to figure out how to get from A-Z in there.

MIL situation didn't sound good. Mother/daughter relationship strained? Husband not keen on her either. As a grandma myself, I would never live with my one of kids and be the caretaker...if you take care of your grandchildren best case is to have a separate home/apartment to escape to and give the family the privacy they need.  

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

In the words of Sly Stone..."Different strokes for different folks..."

Or in the words of Alan Thicke, "It takes Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.
Yes it does. It takes Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.  Hmmmmmmmmm."

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Unless they're staying in Tampa after the wife's residency, why didn't they just rent?    

If they had to money to buy and a mortgage that was less than what rent would be it seems smart to buy. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

The Tampa family looked very sweet when they were in the pool. I wondered if that other couple was his parents or her father. How nice that her medical school loan allowed them to buy an expensive house. Does anyone have more information on how that works? 

Sigh, they looked fresh out of high school to me. People are going to constantly ask her if she's really a doctor.

Physician loan provides better terms - no down payment and no PMI. Also your student debt isn't credited against you.

It would make sense to buy since interest rates are extremely low. This is especially true of the situation where they need a mother in law suite since that is a significant savings for them.

I wasn't really taking the statements about the MIL situation seriously but that might be because my grandmother was my nanny which enabled my mother to earn an advanced degree and then work without having any child care issues. Beyond the expense, most people trust their parents with their children more than any paid nanny. And the grandmother would be available for any kind of crazy hours the mother had to work.

There was an entirely separate living situation with a separate kitchen which made that house the obvious choice. In my situation, I grew up in what was called a two-family house in Brooklyn and my grandmother lived in the downstairs apartment. There was never any friction because my grandmother was not in our apartment at night unless she was specifically visiting for some reason. I would suspect that would also be true of these HH since the MIL essentially had her own apartment - it even had a separate entrance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It sounds like she had just graduated medical school and was starting out as a plastic surgery resident.  That's a minimum of 5 years of training.  They're committed to being in Tampa for a number of years.

They also mention getting a 'doctor loan' for the house.  These have become very popular because, since she has her MD, they will qualify for a mortgage with NO down payment (or a much lower than usual one) as well as NO PMI.  Also, if she borrowed for medical school, that debt won't be counted when the lender calculates their eligibility. I believe dentists also qualify.  Really good deal, no?  The reason is that 1. since she is locked into a residency program for the next few years, they are not going to be sneaking out of town in the middle of the night and 2. Doctors, because of their future earning ability and the fact they've already probably borrowed money successfully for school; are better credit risks and 3.  The nature of the medical profession is such that people who enter it tend to be more likely to be straight arrows who are going to pay their bills.  Therefore, mortgage lenders will take on more risk in helping them purchase a home.  I got this info from a family friend who worked in lending and told me this when I was in med school years ago.

So, since they can get an actual house for no money down, no PMI; why pay rent when they could be accumulating some equity while she's doing her residency?

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I agree and that confirms the daughter (plastic surgeon) stating on NUMEROUS occasions that she and mamma (nonna) don't necessarily "get along" and must be separated physically in any home they occupy together!!  Can we only imagine the innumerable "issues" that are likely to arise with "nonna" being left to supervise the child with hubby in his "office" and mom being 15 mins away at the hospital?

Personally, being a grandmother myself, I wouldn't under any circumstances agree to such an arrangement!! 

It's true that in "theory" the grandma live-in babysitting situation sounds ideal; however, in "practice" with the dynamics I see between the surgeon and the engineer, how "nonna" fits into their lifestyle is problematic at best and disastrous at worst. 

The baby was simply adorable and I hope they get all those gates up ASAP along with a secure fence around the pool.

As a resident, she isn't going to make that much money, BUT she is going to need to be at the hospital 80 hours a week, minimum.  There are now laws restricting the number of hours a resident can work to 80 per week, but I don't know any residents who actually work that little.  My residency in OB/GYN 35 years ago required 80-120 hours a week in the hospital for 4 years.  A couple of us sat down and counted just because we wanted to know.  Yes, it is REALLY hard.

As far as child care, some of that 80 hours is going to be taking call in house at night.  She talked about being 7 minutes away at night, but that is baloney.  For her first 3 years, she will be doing General Surgery in a major trauma center.  She will be in the hospital all night long and usually not sleeping more than an hour or two when she is on call.  Nowadays, residents get the day off after being on call; so her mom is probably going to need to handle child care at times even when she is home if she needs to sleep and the husband is working.  She will also be required to work holidays and weekends, usually about half of each; so there are going to be times when she will not be home for special events and grandma may need to coordinate Halloween costumes or Christmas shopping or getting the meal on the table at Thanksgiving.

Plastic surgery is one of the 'frou frou' specialties, so once she starts her last couple years in that; most of the patients she sees will be outpatient surgeries although she'll still get called to the ER to suture facial lacerations and such at night.

When she talked about her relationship with her mom, it sounded like typical mother-daughter stuff to me.  I got along fine with my mother, but, when she suggested I try to find a residency nearby and move back home; there was no way I was EVER going to do that.  It's hard for adult kids and parents to live under the same roof.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

The captioning said it was her father and stepmother in the pool with them.

Welcome to the club, every time I go down to the ER, I swear all of the attending doctors look like they need a date for prom!

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 6

D.C. suburbs. Ugh on the eyelashes. And could the realtor wear something tighter? Panty lines are not a good look, especially in white pants. I don't know if I buy them as a couple. The generation gap doesn't seem to give them much in common. And for people wanting kids, they don't seem too concerned about schools, just spilt juice and having room to run around. That model house was gorgeous but way over budget as shown. Wonder which upgrades they didn't pick. And can't quite figure out how many kids they want to adopt.

• Love 3

Re: Tampa. Totally made sense for them to buy. In addition to the Dr loan benefits, rental prices in that area are sky high. Plus, the husband had some corporate job & was able to work remotely.  Add me to the list of those unimpressed with the home options. My favorite was the ranch but it was obviously in a less desirable location.  The Tampa area is full of those. It's Florida.

Re: New Jersey. I adored this mother/son combo. Great relationship, respectful of one another.  He seemed quite mature for his age. In fact, I thought he was older until she mentioned him having 3 more years of high school.  Interesting homes too. I wish there were more East Coast episodes. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Grizzly said:

D.C. suburbs. Ugh on the eyelashes.

Oh, vey, those lashes.  And I was holding my breath for a wardrobe malfunction with that Realtor - that white blouse looked read to pop some buttons right off!

I would be interested to know if the adoption business was just for the show.  Someone who needs and entire basement as "her space" with a whole room for her shoes doesn't seem like someone who would be an active parent.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Oh, vey, those lashes.  And I was holding my breath for a wardrobe malfunction with that Realtor - that white blouse looked read to pop some buttons right off!

I would be interested to know if the adoption business was just for the show.  Someone who needs and entire basement as "her space" with a whole room for her shoes doesn't seem like someone who would be an active parent.

The lashes were distracting...agree about the whole adopting thing. She seemed to need a lot of space for her "things". Plus, they have three dogs and are gettng another one. Where does a baby or toddler fit into this? 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Grizzly said:

And for people wanting kids, they don't seem too concerned about schools

Private, private, private. They're everywhere in the DMV. 

20 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

The captioning said it was her father and stepmother in the pool with them.

Welcome to the club, every time I go down to the ER, I swear all of the attending doctors look like they need a date for prom!

Well, there is a new Doogie programme..... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, snarts said:

Re: New Jersey. I adored this mother/son combo. Great relationship, respectful of one another.  He seemed quite mature for his age. In fact, I thought he was older until she mentioned him having 3 more years of high school.

Me too, particularly since he was driving. He also appeared to be pretty tall. It’s good that they moved when he has most of high school left - my former coworker told me her family moved across the country when her older sister was about to start her senior year and her sister was so upset at having to try to start over and make new friends with only a year to go.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

It’s good that they moved when he has most of high school left - my former coworker told me her family moved across the country when her older sister was about to start her senior year and her sister was so upset at having to try to start over and make new friends with only a year to go.

I agree; I wanted to change high schools and my parents said no, but then changed their minds the summer before senior year.  Gee, thanks for that generous offer, folks, but I'll go ahead and pass on leaving all my friends for my final year of HS.

• Love 3

Ventura, Ca. It looked like an old one to me. It was on videotape and my dvr has it dated 06/14/09. Young college kid buying his first home with the help of his mother & step father. He had a girlfriend. He bought a 2/2 condo near his college and it was close to the beach. They really went back in the archives for this one. I wonder what he’s doing now?! 

• Love 2
On 10/1/2021 at 5:02 PM, Bastet said:

I agree; I wanted to change high schools and my parents said no, but then changed their minds the summer before senior year.  Gee, thanks for that generous offer, folks, but I'll go ahead and pass on leaving all my friends for my final year of HS.

A friend of mine was so mad when her parents moved from the city to the suburbs in our senior year. She commuted the whole year. Her father would drop her off at the beginning of the subway line and she would ride through 3 boroughs to our school, a good 90 minutes at a minimum.

Cleveland, Ohio. Jeff needs to loosen up, literally. I don't like guys who button their polo shirts all the way up. These houses are gorgeous but I don't see farmhouse in #3. Love the dog and think their choice was great but I'd like to see it with furniture.

• Love 5

I liked modern farmhouse the most but the one they chose was nice enough. That said, I had to fast forward to the end really fast. I couldn’t take wither of the guys voices. OMG! Nails on a chalkboard. I think I’d go insane having to hear that all day. 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Ventura, Ca. It looked like an old one to me. It was on videotape and my dvr has it dated 06/14/09. Young college kid buying his first home with the help of his mother & step father. He had a girlfriend. He bought a 2/2 condo near his college and it was close to the beach. They really went back in the archives for this one. I wonder what he’s doing now?! 

My DVR recorded it too. I immediately noticed that the narrator wasn’t Andromeda and looked at the date. I turned it off because the narrator irritated me. 

• Love 2

I was just surprised at the Cleveland prices.    However, I guess suburbia, is higher priced almost everywhere now.     I liked the first one with the huge family room, and I'm glad they bought that one.    The second one was spectacular from the outside.   The third one would have cost so much to finish that basement off the way the men wanted it done.       I had to laugh when the men were talking about prom pictures, for a baby that was probably a year old, that was really thinking ahead. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I was just surprised at the Cleveland prices. 

Not surprised. Like most metropolitan areas, Cleveland has towns & neighborhoods with various price points.  They have multi-million dollar homes and many under $100k, often very close to one another.  

The one good thing about the pandemic is the explosion of remote work opportunities in corporate America. Nice to see them able to move closer to their family/support system.

• Love 6

Pt Pleasant, NJ. Chad misting up thinking about his daughter becoming an adult was nice. Wonder why he only wants 1.5 baths? Be easier to have 2 showers. Loved the cynicism of the realtor saying people never walk to the coffee shops. Hope they don't pick #3, there's not enough space. Oh geez.

• Love 2
On 10/6/2021 at 3:22 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I was just surprised at the Cleveland prices.    However, I guess suburbia, is higher priced almost everywhere now.     I liked the first one with the huge family room, and I'm glad they bought that one.    The second one was spectacular from the outside.   The third one would have cost so much to finish that basement off the way the men wanted it done.       I had to laugh when the men were talking about prom pictures, for a baby that was probably a year old, that was really thinking ahead. 

They were looking at some of the priciest suburbs in Cleveland, I think, although the second house, on the west side; may have been in Cleveland's Edgewater neighborhood which is right on the lake and every home is huge and beautifully detailed and expensive. One consideration when moving into Cleveland itself is the school system, of course, since they had a child.  Cleveland schools are generally not so great, although elementary schools in that neighborhood are probably fine.  Then again, they are probably able to afford private school for their daughter when the time comes.

In the middle class 'burbs, they would've had a tough time finding a home at their price point; they could've gotten 2 or 3 nice houses for their cash.

Cleveland, like everywhere else, has seen a huge increase in the sale price of homes since the pandemic started.  My nephew and his fiancee spent the summer bidding on houses in Parma, a very blue collar, middle class area filled with starter homes.  They bid on 3 homes over the course of time and, each time, were outbid by someone willing to pay $20-30,000 over asking.  For a starter home.  In Parma.  Strange times indeed.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

They were looking at some of the priciest suburbs in Cleveland, I think, although the second house, on the west side; may have been in Cleveland's Edgewater neighborhood which is right on the lake and every home is huge and beautifully detailed and expensive. One consideration when moving into Cleveland itself is the school system, of course, since they had a child.  Cleveland schools are generally not so great, although elementary schools in that neighborhood are probably fine.  Then again, they are probably able to afford private school for their daughter when the time comes.

In the middle class 'burbs, they would've had a tough time finding a home at their price point; they could've gotten 2 or 3 nice houses for their cash.

Cleveland, like everywhere else, has seen a huge increase in the sale price of homes since the pandemic started.  My nephew and his fiancee spent the summer bidding on houses in Parma, a very blue collar, middle class area filled with starter homes.  They bid on 3 homes over the course of time and, each time, were outbid by someone willing to pay $20-30,000 over asking.  For a starter home.  In Parma.  Strange times indeed.

The same thing is happening in Cincinnati. My friend is from the NYC area, so she understands expensive prices.

She and her husband have lived in Cincinnati for 3 years and were planning on buying a home in 2020. They like that city and its relatively affordable cost of living compared to where she grew up. The Pandemic happened and to their surprise, they were priced out of the market despite having decent salaries.

The homes in Cleveland were all nice.

That was the most elegant split level I have ever seen.

• Love 4
On 9/21/2021 at 4:32 PM, Grizzly said:

Oklahoma City, OK. How big is his boat that it won't fit in the garage at #1?  And her voice! Is it an accent or the way she speaks? #2 would need too many updates. #3 is a great deal. Fridge in the bathroom, that's a first.

Uh-oh...OKC gal says her job is 'network marketing'. MLM predatory shit. Gird your loins, OKC...another Hun has arrived. Also, she's a bit of a mouth breather.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:36 AM, LittleIggy said:

She has gone overboard on the procedures since then. Dr. Jim has sure let himself go! Oh, and she’s a model, too! 🤦‍♀️

Holy shit. I just came here to talk about the Naples Fl. Wife. She sure looks a lot better in that photo although still slightly anorexic with overly large plastic boobs my God she needs therapy now. How old is she? The  clothes,  the make up, the huge fake tits, the wig, she’s a walking laughing stock! 

• Love 6
On 9/15/2021 at 1:13 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Looking at her, I thought it had something to do with cops and doughnuts.

Was she that size when she was a police officer? I always wonder about the efficacy of someone running someone down when they are in that type of shape. 
when very overweight  people can’t stop talking about the kitchen the kitchen the kitchen in the house it really is just setting yourself up for a joke. 
it sounded to me like they were both in on slightly unlawfully arresting people as far as traffic stops go ? at least that’s how it sounded.  

• Love 2
On 9/6/2021 at 1:45 PM, Babalooie said:

Yes.  Some of us have been around here long enough to remember that this site used to be called TELEVISION WITHOUT PITY.   :)

And it was better. Some of the things that you are called out on, warned or banned for, are ridiculous. 

On 9/6/2021 at 2:19 PM, Bastet said:

Trivia for the day: Different sites.  This site (well, Previously.tv as it was called then) was launched while TWoP (which had previously been Mighty Big TV) still existed.  There is a lot of similarity, because the same people founded both sites (but they had sold TWoP to Bravo, thus later launching this site) and, after Bravo shuttered TWoP, a large number of its members migrated here, but they're two different sites.

Well I never signed up for a different site.  I just remember coming back a couple of times & the place had a different name and a different feel. 

• Love 3
On 9/9/2021 at 11:31 PM, Dehumidifier said:

I don't think I have ever detested a Hunter as much as the female ex-cop moving from Florida to Tennessee. Nasty tone of voice, ridiculous comments. There was nothing wrong with any of those kitchens and the bathrooms looked fine to me. 

Just imagine how much fun it would have been to have to deal with her as a cop! 

On 9/11/2021 at 6:58 AM, jacksgirl said:

.Thought it was just me being Friday tired. Tennessee HH was awful. Did she have some kind of baking business or just liked to bake? No, she didn't need a second kitchen. Interesting family configuration with 8 kids between them and a 2 yr old. So none of the older 8 live with them?  Bet she struggles chasing a toddler around. Just an unpleasant woman.

That cabin had so much wood!

She liked to eat. 

• LOL 5
On 10/9/2021 at 9:50 AM, chediavolo said:

Was she that size when she was a police officer? I always wonder about the efficacy of someone running someone down when they are in that type of shape. 

The joke around our courthouse is the out of shape cops are far scarier than the fit ones precisely because they're NOT going to chase you down, they're going to shoot you.  (Yea, it's a very dark joke.)

On 10/9/2021 at 9:59 AM, chediavolo said:

And it was better. Some of the things that you are called out on, warned or banned for, are ridiculous. 

Eh, I hated being told not to talk about the boards on the boards there.  Each site has had its own virtues and quirks.

• Love 6

Modesto, CA: there must've been other things in play because it didn't make sense why they chose the 3rd house. It was the most expensive, smallest (only 3 bedrooms), it had the longest commute, and it was not updated.

House #1 was gorgeous and other than some minor updates (doors & vanities) was completely updated.  Plus, it had 5 bedrooms.  Maybe the pool was more important than she let on?

• Love 2

The Modesto husband actually said, "I don't think I can sleep at night in a cookie cutter house." Bet he'd look at a brownstone row house and say it has "character." They were cookie cutter houses when they were built. You want unique, hire an architect.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Love 5