Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I have tried watching three days in a row. The men are too hyper for me. Had to erase.

Today's episode was taped so I didn't pay much attention to the topics and waited for Zaddies Bradley Whitford and Michael Cudlitz's interviews. According to next week's schedule tomorrow will be Jerry's last episode as guest co-host and chef Marcella Valladolid (who I think has guest hosted before) will be filling the whole week with actor Steven Weber joining the first two days...

Monday - Actress Ellen Burstyn; chef and TV personality Marcella Valladolid and actor Steven Weber guest co-host.

Tuesday - Actor Wilson Cruz; Marcella Valladolid and Steven Weber guest co-host.

Wednesday - Actor Dax Shepard; "Reset for Success: Finance" segment with CNBC senior personal finance correspondent Sharon Epperson; Marcella Valladolid guest co-hosts.

Thursday - TBA; Marcella Valladolid guest co-hosts. 

Friday - Comedian Gina Yashere; Marcella Valladolid guest co-hosts.

I can't get the link to work, but earlier I came across a new article about Carrie Ann's latest update continuing her treatments and Elaine and Amanda sending her love on social media. I don't want her to jeopardize her health journey, but girlfriend can't come back fast enough for me. 

• Love 4
On 6/2/2021 at 2:27 PM, Stacey1014 said:

I wonder if they’re waiting for Carrie Ann to return before they audition female hosts. I truly hope they’re not considering Jerry O’Connell. I can only tolerate him in small doses and my patience with him is wearing very thin.  

I sincerely doubt Carrie Ann is coming back. She has a good 'out' for an exit at this point. Why would she return to a sinking ship ? It will be interesting to see if this mess gets renewed for September.

• Love 2

Not the exact article I'd mentioned previously, but fortunately more detailed: https://www.wbal.com/article/517483/116/carrie-ann-inaba-says-she-will-return-to-the-talk-when-the-time-is-right

"'We are probably going to sit down and have some discussions about what the future is and when I go back, maybe the end of this month', says Inaba. 'I do miss everybody at The Talk and I look forward to be able to do what I love to do when the time is right.'" 

I'm thankful for that little shred of hope of her return, but the question is can the show hold on long enough until then (y'all still in danger, girls). Carrie Ann's refreshingly positive and lively spirit is sorely missed here. TV (especially daytime) needs another boorish asshole wasting space like it needs another hole in its head. Keep improving your health and come back with your sunshine, girl. 

• Love 5

I will be surprised if Carrie Ann returns, but she is definitely missed. While Amanda and Elaine may be new, they are much more adept at introducing topics and cutting to commercials. If I were new to watching the show, I would have thought that Sheryl was the newbie. 

Interesting that they are continuing with male co hosts even into June. I really think that it will be a male who replaces Sharon. I would love for it to be hot Jesus, or Jerry as my second choice. The others have been just OK, with the exception of Jay P. When he guested again last week I turned off the show when he got to his Jamie Fox impersonation. I don't watch the show for stand up, and he is just annoying. 

Loved the interview with Ellen Burstyn today. My fav movie of hers is Same Time Next Year, but she has had an amazing career. And still going strong at 88! 

Not feeling Seven Weber as a host, though I love him as an actor. Too low energy. Hard to find a happy medium between manic and comatose. 

Finally, I loved the video of Elaine as a 16 year old. She is a pretty lady, but she was stunning as a teenager. Wow! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I will be surprised if Carrie Ann returns, but she is definitely missed. While Amanda and Elaine may be new, they are much more adept at introducing topics and cutting to commercials. If I were new to watching the show, I would have thought that Sheryl was the newbie. 

Interesting that they are continuing with male co hosts even into June. I really think that it will be a male who replaces Sharon. I would love for it to be hot Jesus, or Jerry as my second choice. The others have been just OK, with the exception of Jay P. When he guested again last week I turned off the show when he got to his Jamie Fox impersonation. I don't watch the show for stand up, and he is just annoying. 

Loved the interview with Ellen Burstyn today. My fav movie of hers is Same Time Next Year, but she has had an amazing career. And still going strong at 88! 

Not feeling Seven Weber as a host, though I love him as an actor. Too low energy. Hard to find a happy medium between manic and comatose. 

Finally, I loved the video of Elaine as a 16 year old. She is a pretty lady, but she was stunning as a teenager. Wow! 

Carrie Ann's recent statement sounds like she'll be back by the end of the month which feels like forever. 

I like Steven Weber more as a guest and actor over a guest host, but he'll be gone after tomorrow. I was pretty ambivalent towards Marcella Valladolid when she filled in last time, but I liked her today. Funny how some couples can get it together the second time around. 

Elaine looked and sounded almost exactly the same in that throwback vid.

• Love 2

Marcella Valladolid got to where she got on my nerves so bad when she was a co-host on The Kitchen which is a Food Network show. She co-hosted another show which was a baking competition after that where she didn't bother me as much. I didn't watch The Talk yesterday and am hesitant on watching while she's doing her co-hosting stint. 

7 hours ago, Jaded said:

Marcella Valladolid got to where she got on my nerves so bad when she was a co-host on The Kitchen which is a Food Network show. She co-hosted another show which was a baking competition after that where she didn't bother me as much. I didn't watch The Talk yesterday and am hesitant on watching while she's doing her co-hosting stint. 

I've heard of The Kitchen, but never watched it. How was she annoying on it? 

As much as I like Elaine's presence on the show, I'm glad she sat today out rather than joining via satellite. It makes the transitions less awkward. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I've heard of The Kitchen, but never watched it. How was she annoying on it? 

She would over-pronounce the names of Mexican ingredients along with rolling her "r's" while doing so for effect while speaking regularly the rest of the time. She hadn't done that on other shows she appeared on.  She also got really bad with uptalking. During her two maternity leaves while on the show a few people in The Kitchen thread didn't want her to return and by the second there were quite a few more had that opinion. She did end up either leaving or getting fired at the end of the season after her return to the show saying the travel to the opposite coast while having three kids was too much. By the time she left some of the other hosts quirks were starting to get annoying too. 

I quit watching The Kitchen sometime in 2019 I think. I did watch some of the shows from home which were enjoyable for the most part outside of Sunny's outdoor antics. I think they're back in the studio now. I say I think because I haven't watched since their return there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jaded said:

She would over-pronounce the names of Mexican ingredients along with rolling her "r's" while doing so for effect while speaking regularly the rest of the time. She hadn't done that on other shows she appeared on.  She also got really bad with uptalking. During her two maternity leaves while on the show a few people in The Kitchen thread didn't want her to return and by the second there were quite a few more had that opinion. She did end up either leaving or getting fired at the end of the season after her return to the show saying the travel to the opposite coast while having three kids was too much. By the time she left some of the other hosts quirks were starting to get annoying too. 

I quit watching The Kitchen sometime in 2019 I think. I did watch some of the shows from home which were enjoyable for the most part outside of Sunny's outdoor antics. I think they're back in the studio now. I say I think because I haven't watched since their return there.

Thanks for answering. Maybe she's learned to curtail those quirks or she's just masking it for the time being, but she's not too bad as a guest host on here. To me, anyway. 

• Love 2

I watched a small portion of the show today.  This was the 1st show I've seen since Sharon left.  I've been a fan of Wilson Cruz since My So Called Life, so I wanted to see what he was up to.  OMG, this show is so horrible now.  It was painful to watch and sit through. There's no magic.  The hosts have no pizzazz or chemistry.  I'm not usually the type to call for a show to be cancelled but pull the plug already. 🥱

• Love 2
11 hours ago, A.J. said:

I watched a small portion of the show today.  This was the 1st show I've seen since Sharon left.  I've been a fan of Wilson Cruz since My So Called Life, so I wanted to see what he was up to.  OMG, this show is so horrible now.  It was painful to watch and sit through. There's no magic.  The hosts have no pizzazz or chemistry.  I'm not usually the type to call for a show to be cancelled but pull the plug already. 🥱

I feel bad that you passed judgement after seeing "a small portion of the show".  They are really trying to give us a good show & I'm liking Amanda & Elaine more & more.  It's too bad you cut them loose without watching at least a couple of shows.  I understand that we only have so much time, but ...

26 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Speaking of broken up couples reconnecting: https://www.aol.com/carrie-ann-inaba-appears-dating-163734347.html. Hope it works out this time. 

I haven't got a lot of hope for this relationship, but I would like to see it work out for Carrie Ann.  Fingers crossed!!!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I haven't got a lot of hope for this relationship, but I would like to see it work out for Carrie Ann.  Fingers crossed!!!

A part of me wonders if Carrie Ann's afraid she won't be able to find another guy who can deal with her health issues and that's why she's giving their relationship another try. Pure speculation on my part since I only know Carrie Ann's public persona and not a single thing about her boyfriend. If he makes her happy and he's a stand up guy, Carrie Ann, get yo man back, chile. Lol.

I liked the new male guest co-host and the story about the 90 something year old couple getting married was so sweet. 

• Love 2

I feel bad that you passed judgement after seeing "a small portion of the show".  They are really trying to give us a good show & I'm liking Amanda & Elaine more & more.  It's too bad you cut them loose without watching at least a couple of shows.  I understand that we only have so much time, but ...

Although I only watched a small portion then, I used to watch daily.  So I'm very familiar with Amanda and Elaine.  I was never a fan of either one for the show.  I don't think they are good talk show hosts. Amanda seems very nice and cool.  Elaine seems to be very informed.  However, neither of them impress me on this show.  Sheryl is good, but not as the lead host.  I miss Carrie Ann.  I miss Sharon as well.  I know she had many haters, but she was good on the show.  I long for hosts like Brigitte Nielsen, Carnie Wilson, Rumor Willis and Yvette Nicole Brown.  This show is a shell of what it used to be.  Most of the topics suck as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, rcc said:

I wonder why Brigitte wasn't chosen for this show as permanent host.

Maybe they don't have the money to afford her or maybe she wouldn't take it out of respect for Sharon.  

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Maybe they don't have the money to afford her or maybe she wouldn't take it out of respect for Sharon.  

"Out of respect for Sharon"! Say it ain't so.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, rcc said:

I wonder why Brigitte wasn't chosen for this show as permanent host.

I wonder if she doesn’t want to be a permanent host. It’s one thing to appear every once in a while. It’s another to have to be there every day. 

• Love 4

I've long believed that, as awful as Sharon was, the fact that she was allowed to act that way for so long is indicative of systematic dysfunction behind-the-scenes. If I were approached to be a replacement host for the show--not that I am in any danger of being asked haha--I would be concerned about joining a production that has had so much behind-the-scenes drama. Some of the hosts that may also be leery of committing for the same reason. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, rcc said:

"Out of respect for Sharon"! Say it ain't so.

LOL! I doubt that's the reason. I don't think Brigitte knew Sharon that well outside of her guest hosting stints and even if she did, I don't think she'd feel like she was "betraying" her by taking the job. Sharon's not worthy of anyone's respect anyway, judging by her own well-known backstabbing behavior.

Like someone else suggested, perhaps Brigitte was approached to become a full-time host and she turned it down. If that's so, it's a shame because she'd be a natural fit. 

2 hours ago, Zella said:

I've long believed that, as awful as Sharon was, the fact that she was allowed to act that way for so long is indicative of systematic dysfunction behind-the-scenes. If I were approached to be a replacement host for the show--not that I am in any danger of being asked haha--I would be concerned about joining a production that has had so much behind-the-scenes drama. Some of the hosts that may also be leery of committing for the same reason. 

True, but I think the show's abmysal ratings are more to blame. There are other shows with well-documented toxic working environments and that didn't stop people from wanting to join them. The difference here is things have been on a steady decline since the beginning of the season. Potential replacements aren't coming out in droves because they don't want to commit to a show that could get canned at any minute. Unless there's some behind-the-scenes negotiation talks with Carnie, Jodie Sweetin or any of the other regular fill-ins that we don't know about. However, I doubt it. There was talk of Jerry O'Connell joining the show as a full-time replacement after the first week so it seems like the press would've said something about the previously mentioned names if that were true. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

What in the tacky, ever-loving Hades was Sheryl wearing today? I don't know where she found that monstrosity of a poncho, but it'd be best if she put it back and never looked back. 

The James Brolin interview was boring (still a very handsome man), but I liked the interview with the actress from Bob Loves Abishola. I had no idea she was a Brit. 

• Love 4

Next week's schedule:

Monday - Actresses Helen Hunt and Jasmine Cephas Jones; Amanda and sister, author Anna Kloots discuss their new book "Live Your Life: My Story of Loving and Losing Nick Cordero; singer Ne-Yo guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Actor Sean Hayes discusses his new podcast "Hypochondriactor" with Dr. Priyanka Wali; Ne-Yo guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actor Luke Wilson; actor Aasif Mandvi; Ne-Yo guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Actress Sarah Shahi; Ne-Yo guest co-hosts.

Friday - The Talk celebrates Father's Day; actor Kelsey Grammar; chef Bobby Flay; Ne-Yo guest co-hosts.

• Love 2
On 6/10/2021 at 12:36 AM, A.J. said:

You really hit the nail on the head. The three hosts that are left are continuoudly struggling to keep this show afloat for the full hour. None of them are good at moderating, as their is no chemistry among them. Even 'considering' Jerry O'Connell as a host is a horrible idea smacking of desperation.  The recent May '21 ratings sweep proved this show is on life-support at this point, so who knows what CBS will do with this.

On 6/10/2021 at 4:55 PM, A.J. said:

Although I only watched a small portion then, I used to watch daily.  So I'm very familiar with Amanda and Elaine.  I was never a fan of either one for the show.  I don't think they are good talk show hosts. Amanda seems very nice and cool.  Elaine seems to be very informed.  However, neither of them impress me on this show.  Sheryl is good, but not as the lead host.  I miss Carrie Ann.  I miss Sharon as well.  I know she had many haters, but she was good on the show.  I long for hosts like Brigitte Nielsen, Carnie Wilson, Rumor Willis and Yvette Nicole Brown.  This show is a shell of what it used to be.  Most of the topics suck as well. 

Sharon was never good and I don't miss her at all.  I do miss Carrie Ann. I wish that they would hire some of the ladies that you listed in your post.  I would fire Amanda because I never understood why she even got hired.  I would add Brigitte Nielsen to the panel along with Carrie Ann. I love Sheryl so I want her to stay and Elaine has potential. 

• Love 2

I think there was also just a lot of general support for her when her husband was sick and after she was widowed. I'd honestly never heard of her before then. She seems like a perfectly nice person, but I was really baffled to learn she had been offered a spot on any talk show. 

11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Sharon was never good and I don't miss her at all.  I do miss Carrie Ann. I wish that they would hire some of the ladies that you listed in your post.  I would fire Amanda because I never understood why she even got hired.  I would add Brigitte Nielsen to the panel along with Carrie Ann. I love Sheryl so I want her to stay and Elaine has potential. 

9 hours ago, Zella said:

I think there was also just a lot of general support for her when her husband was sick and after she was widowed. I'd honestly never heard of her before then. She seems like a perfectly nice person, but I was really baffled to learn she had been offered a spot on any talk show. 

Pretty much that. According to this article from the fall, Amanda and Rumer Willis were the top contenders for Marie's spot. However Amanda's first guest hosting appearance didn't rate: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/1703552/the-talk-fans-battle-over-rumer-willis-amanda-kloots-hiring-marie-osmond-replacement/

• Useful 2
25 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Pretty much that. According to this article from the fall, Amanda and Rumer Willis were the top contenders for Marie's spot. However Amanda's first guest hosting appearance didn't rate: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/1703552/the-talk-fans-battle-over-rumer-willis-amanda-kloots-hiring-marie-osmond-replacement/

I wonder if part of the reason they hired her is they thought she would be a bit of a doormat. 

• Useful 1

Please believe that what I'm about to say is not meant to be negative in any way.  Last week, (I forget the topic) Sheryl said that she was financially responsible for her sister & people who worked for her & worried about not being able to provide for them.  I'm thinking she's scared the show is going to be cancelled & it was her way of telling CBS there will be repercussions if she loses her job.  I thought about Amanda's situation & I'm sure there's people on their crew that are the sole pay checks of their household.  Just sayin'!!!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Zella said:

I wonder if part of the reason they hired her is they thought she would be a bit of a doormat. 

I didn't think of that, but it's possible that Amanda's docile personality might've played a big part in her hiring. Then again, the hosts on this show (aside from the witch and her offensive garbage) have usually been innocuous and never really "rocked the boat" when it comes to how they interact with each other. On-camera, anyway. 

7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Tbh, I prefer Amanda to Rumer. 

Rumer's not everyone's cup of tea, but something she has that Amanda (as sweet and likeable as she seems) doesn't is an opinion. Not in an abrasive, "saying something to just to hear the sound of her own voice" way, but she's able to express her opinions in a fairly thoughtful way. Amanda's not the only one guilty of agreeing with everyone else says since they others have been doing it since Aisha left, but she tends to repeat what's already been said like Eve (who I also liked despite that). Brigitte is the one they need to get on here though. 

Please believe that what I'm about to say is not meant to be negative in any way.  Last week, (I forget the topic) Sheryl said that she was financially responsible for her sister & people who worked for her & worried about not being able to provide for them.  I'm thinking she's scared the show is going to be cancelled & it was her way of telling CBS there will be repercussions if she loses her job.  I thought about Amanda's situation & I'm sure there's people on their crew that are the sole pay checks of their household.  Just sayin'!!!

Would they have a case though? We know for a fact that the show's ratings are in the toilet so if things don't improve the network would be forced to cancel it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I didn't think of that, but it's possible that Amanda's docile personality might've played a big part in her hiring. Then again, the hosts on this show (aside from the witch and her offensive garbage) have usually been innocuous and never really "rocked the boat" when it comes to how they interact with each other. On-camera, anyway. 

Yeah I was thinking a combo of her seeming nice and also not being known from other things might make them think she would be more willing to go with the flow, especially since they were trying to fill in for yet another person who had left amid rumors of behind-the-scenes drama. 

• Love 2

Good news (as far as I'm concerned)!!!

Question:  When Sheryl was talking at the beginning of today's show, did anyone else notice the rather large bug crawling up the wall & onto a shelf to her left???  If so, what kind of bug was it??

• LOL 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Question:  When Sheryl was talking at the beginning of today's show, did anyone else notice the rather large bug crawling up the wall & onto a shelf to her left???  If so, what kind of bug was it??

I only watched the first few minutes as I didn't know the guest hosts so wasn't interested. However I did notice the bug and assumed it was on the camera lens. 

The link in an above post says that Jerry O is in final talks to become Sharon's replacement which would be fine with me. I also hope Carrie Ann comes back and is able to stay healthy. I do not like that Elaine is remote - is that to continue for the foreseeable future? I don't watch Project Runway, but do not like that a host has another gig that requires that they participate remotely. Once in awhile is OK, but this seems to be quite often in Elaine's case. 

I like Jerry because he brings much needed humour to the show. Sometimes a bit too much maybe, but he is much funnier that Sheryl who is supposed to be a comedian. I also like that he is married with children. They need another host that has kids as currently Amanda is the only one, with the other three having no kids. He would also be the only one in a long term marriage since three are not married and Elaine is basically still a newlywed.  

I do find it interesting that neither Rumor or Brigitte has guested even once since Sharon left.  Hmmmmmm.  Their choice or have they not been asked? Odd since they have guested so often before. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

They need another host that has kids as currently Amanda is the only one. 

Wow that is a big change from when I was watching a few years ago. This would have been 2014/2015, and a lot of discussions then revolved around parenting topics, and more of the hosts had kids than didn't. I mean, I don't have kids, and it wasn't a barrier to watching. But it definitely felt like a show for moms by moms. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

WTF?! 😱 I missed the first few minutes of today's show so I missed that. 

I only watched the first few minutes as I didn't know the guest hosts so wasn't interested. However I did notice the bug and assumed it was on the camera lens. 

The link in an above post says that Jerry O is in final talks to become Sharon's replacement which would be fine with me. I also hope Carrie Ann comes back and is able to stay healthy. I do not like that Elaine is remote - is that to continue for the foreseeable future? I don't watch Project Runway, but do not like that a host has another gig that requires that they participate remotely. Once in awhile is OK, but this seems to be quite often in Elaine's case. 

I like Jerry because he brings much needed humour to the show. Sometimes a bit too much maybe, but he is much funnier that Sheryl who is supposed to be a comedian. I also like that he is married with children. They need another host that has kids as currently Amanda is the only one, with the other three having no kids. He would also be the only one in a long term marriage since three are not married and Elaine is basically still a newlywed.  

I do find it interesting that neither Rumor or Brigitte has guested even once since Sharon left.  Hmmmmmm.  Their choice or have they not been asked? Odd since they have guested so often before. 

I watched Jerry on Andy Cohen's show Watch What Happens Live last week to see if he'd ask him about possibly joining The Talk, but it didn't come up from what I remember. I'm with @catlover79 that the show doesn't need a permanent male host. An occasional male guest host (or "bro host" as they called it on The Real) is fine with me though. 

I'm not a fan of Elaine's remote hosting either. It throws things off and makes the transitions more awkward than they already are. And why do they need five people on every day anyway? Aside from this season and the season premiere Julie skipped, I remember them having just four hosts only once sans Sharon in the first season. The quality of hosts is more valuable than the quantity imo. 

As for Brigitte, I'm hoping and praying she's even entertaining the idea of joining the show since she seemed to enjoy filling in and she recieved strongly positive responses from viewers. If not her, please let it be someone who can bring a similar vibe.

1 hour ago, Zella said:

Wow that is a big change from when I was watching a few years ago. This would have been 2014/2015, and a lot of discussions then revolved around parenting topics, and more of the hosts had kids than didn't. I mean, I don't have kids, and it wasn't a barrier to watching. But it definitely felt like a show for moms by moms. 

I initially thought the "mommy talk" would wear thin at the beginning of the show's existence since I don't have kids either, but I grew to enjoy it after awhile and I liked how they stretched out a bit more by the end of the season. The parenting aspect was pretty much dropped after that since neither Sheryl or Aisha had kids and they veered more into pop culture gossip, but it was nice to have the parent perspective in certain stories since Sara and Julie had younger kids and Sharon's were adults. Brigitte would bring in a refreshing angle since she has adult kids as well as a little girl. 

They have a second chance to turn things around and they'd better take it and really do the work. There won't be another if they don't. 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Zella said:

How strange - part of my post was quoted by you, but my actual post has disappeared. I don't have kids either (though do have now grown step kids) and only started watching when Marie Osmond was on. But for me they need to have a more rounded cast with varying back grounds, and that include life experiences to do with personal relationship situations. 

47 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I'm sorry, but if Jerry or any other man is added as a permanent co-host then I'm out. This was always a show for women presented by women. 

I will most likely be out unless it is a co host that I really like. Many shows go through transformations, including the View that may still be all women but was never initially a show that was political. The book Ladies Who Punch is very interesting as it delves into how the show because political. I used to watch The View years ago but haven't now for a long time. I am not a die hard The Talk fan though, so if I stop watching it really won't be a big loss for me. 

Edited to add: I agree with the above post that they really don't need 5 co hosts. Often with so many one of the hosts doesn't even get a chance to contribute to a topic. However the current cast/chemistry is not strong enough IMO to carry the show for another year  even if/when Carrie Ann returns. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I initially thought the "mommy talk" would wear thin at the beginning of the show's existence since I don't have kids either, but I grew to enjoy it after awhile and I liked how they stretched out a bit more by the end of the season. The parenting aspect was pretty much dropped after that since neither Sheryl or Aisha had kids and they veered more into pop culture gossip, but it was nice to have the parent perspective in certain stories since Sara and Julie had younger kids and Sharon's were adults.

IIRC, this show was supposed to be different from shows like the View and all others, and it was all to be about moms, etc. I recall the cast  appearing on Larry King Live, telling him that they would not talk about pop culture and celebrity gossip of the day. Even he was skeptical.

That lasted about five minutes.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

How strange - part of my post was quoted by you, but my actual post has disappeared. I don't have kids either (though do have now grown step kids) and only started watching when Marie Osmond was on. But for me they need to have a more rounded cast with varying back grounds, and that include life experiences to do with personal relationship situations. 

I will most likely be out unless it is a co host that I really like. Many shows go through transformations, including the View that may still be all women but was never initially a show that was political. The book Ladies Who Punch is very interesting as it delves into how the show because political. I used to watch The View years ago but haven't now for a long time. I am not a die hard The Talk fan though, so if I stop watching it really won't be a big loss for me. 

Edited to add: I agree with the above post that they really don't need 5 co hosts. Often with so many one of the hosts doesn't even get a chance to contribute to a topic. However the current cast/chemistry is not strong enough IMO to carry the show for another year  even if/when Carrie Ann returns.

Pretty much. I hate to keep saying it because she seems like a sweetheart and she has a kid to provide for, but Amanda's the weakest link. I wouldn't mind keeping her if Carrie Ann comes back, Elaine is able to host in-studio and they choose a replacement who can bring the show back to life, but as long as two of those things are still up in the air I don't think keeping her would be a wise choice. Then again, they might receive backlash for letting her go. I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

5 hours ago, bannana said:

IIRC, this show was supposed to be different from shows like the View and all others, and it was all to be about moms, etc. I recall the cast  appearing on Larry King Live, telling him that they would not talk about pop culture and celebrity gossip of the day. Even he was skeptical.

That lasted about five minutes.

I remember that Larry King interview as well, but I recall them (really Julie since she did most of the talking) saying they would never venture into politics. That was in response to Larry's question about what separated them from The View. They talked about celebrities back then too ("through the eyes of mothers", as they put it), but not as much as the following seasons. I still watched The View a year and a half or two years into The Talk's existence and I remember some of the co-host's poking fun at The Talk for talking about superficial celebrity gossip while they discussed political/controversial topics. Funny that not long after that they turned around and copied The Talk with the fluff topics for a season, but they learned their lesson and stuck to what works for them. Still a mystery as to why they did it though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Pretty much. I hate to keep saying it because she seems like a sweetheart and she has a kid to provide for, but Amanda's the weakest link. I wouldn't mind keeping her if Carrie Ann comes back, Elaine is able to host in-studio and they choose a replacement who can bring the show back to life, but as long as two of those things are still up in the air I don't think keeping her would be a wise choice. Then again, they might receive backlash for letting her go. I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

I remember that Larry King interview as well, but I recall them (really Julie since she did most of the talking) saying they would never venture into politics. That was in response to Larry's question about what separated them from The View. They talked about celebrities back then too ("through the eyes of mothers", as they put it), but not as much as the following seasons. I still watched The View a year and a half or two years into The Talk's existence and I remember some of the co-host's poking fun at The Talk for talking about superficial celebrity gossip while they discussed political/controversial topics. Funny that not long after that they turned around and copied The Talk with the fluff topics for a season, but they learned their lesson and stuck to what works for them. Still a mystery as to why they did it though. 

I have never heard any talk (no pun intended) of Amanda possibly being let go. I would assume that if she was unpopular she might be, but have never heard that in general. Personally, Amanda is the reason I kept watching after Marie left. Had they brought on someone else I may not have. I don't think Amanda agrees with the others any more than the others agree with each other. The weakest link to me is Sheryl, and even more so now with Carrie Ann gone as the times she does moderate I think she is the weakest of the three hosts. 

Since I don't watch Project Runway, has Elaine been on it for awhile? It seems odd to me that The Talk would hire someone who would not be able to commit to being in studio for the majority of the time. There must be many women who could fill that spot in person. Just curious as to why this is, and how it will play out. 

I have never heard any talk (no pun intended) of Amanda possibly being let go. I would assume that if she was unpopular she might be, but have never heard that in general. Personally, Amanda is the reason I kept watching after Marie left. Had they brought on someone else I may not have. I don't think Amanda agrees with the others any more than the others agree with each other. The weakest link to me is Sheryl, and even more so now with Carrie Ann gone as the times she does moderate I think she is the weakest of the three hosts. 

Since I don't watch Project Runway, has Elaine been on it for awhile? It seems odd to me that The Talk would hire someone who would not be able to commit to being in studio for the majority of the time. There must be many women who could fill that spot in person. Just curious as to why this is, and how it will play out. 

I haven't heard anything about Amanda being let go either. I meant that judging from most of the comments here Amanda is seen as a nice but bland host who doesn't bring a lot to the table. Granted, none of the topics are challenging or world changing, but aside from "I agree with you completely, so and so", a repetition of what was already said and a giggle, that's about it. I don't think the network will read these posts and give Amanda her walking papers over them (especially with the co-host musical chairs of the last few seasons), but I've read similar criticisms about Amanda elsewhere. I'm sure she's doing her best though. 

As much as I like Elaine, she's not the most exciting host either, but she brings a different perspective and an individual opinion. To answer your question Elaine's been on Project Runway since 2018 (I've never watched it either). It would be easier if that show filmed in L.A. since Carrie Ann's been able to host this show as well as serve as a judge on DWTS, but of course it's in NY. Today's show was "meh", but I was glad they just had four hosts.  

• Love 2

TPTB have a hard time finding a balance between Sharon Osbourne and someone who's super nice and agreeable. You can be opinionated and outspoken while still being a wonderful person. If you're very sensitive and scared of ruffling feathers disagreeing with your hosts or getting backlash from the audience, that's when the nice person becomes boring. I don't think a sensitive person would be cut out for the job. I know I couldn't do it.

I still prefer all the nice hosts to Sharon. I like The Talk for the feel good vibes, and we now have that. I just really hope the show makes it. I'm a Jerry O fan, but I understand wanting to keep this a women's show. As a woman who's very interested in female topics and what women have to say regarding them, it's a big part of why I do watch all the women's shows-The Talk, The View, The Real. If anyone has any other similar shows to recommend, please let me know. 

The Talk was a wonderful idea, and there have been so many wonderful episodes. A lot of them have been uplifting and heartwarming. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the show's ratings improve. 

• Love 5

It'll never happen, but wouldn't it be wild if they wipe the slate clean and brought back Holly and Leah, keep Carrie Ann and add two younger cohosts to round out the hosts.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, A.J. said:

It'll never happen, but wouldn't it be wild if they wipe the slate clean and brought back Holly and Leah, keep Carrie Ann and add two younger cohosts to round out the hosts.  

I would pay money to watch Sharon hear this news. LMAO

• LOL 4