Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

OG aunt Viv was the best. I’m still mad she got fired!

I wonder if Phyllisia Rashard will get fired? 

She should!! People have been fired these days for less. She’s disgusting!

• Love 2

I'd almost forgotten about that dance scene, @Pearson80. She not only checked those two snooty girls, she even showed up the choreographer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB25Nb24vdM. 😄

Next week's (most likely pre-taped) schedule: 

Monday - Actor Noah Wyle; singer Brett Young; Marcela Valladolid and Steven Weber guest co-host.

Tuesday - Musician Richard Marx; actor Sam Richardson; Akbar Gbajabiamila and Mark Sanchez guest co-host.

Wednesday - Actor Jamie Camil; TV host Arielle Vandenberg; Debbie Matenopolous and Mark Sanchez guest co-host.

Thursday - Actor Grant Show; TV host Nischelle Turner; Bill Bellamy and Bobby Bones guest co-host.

Friday - Comedian and actress Michelle Buteau; Rabbi Steve Leder; Deborah Norville and Bobby Bones guest co-host.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Janet imbued aunt Viv with a sensuality tenderness toughness and grace that Daphne never could capture with her version of Aunt Viv.. Plus, Janet had such a presence that commanded your attention while Daphne was wall paper... That dance number that Janet's aunt Viv did was spectacular..

That episode was one of my all-time favorites! Janet is a beautiful woman, beautiful actress, and a beautiful dancer. 

tumblr_lrt64r1hIK1qiebmoo3_250.gif

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

That episode was one of my all-time favorites! Janet is a beautiful woman, beautiful actress, and a beautiful dancer. 

tumblr_lrt64r1hIK1qiebmoo3_250.gif

It's a shame that things went so wrong for her.  I do believe that we lost a wonderful artist in Janet and we were deprived of seeing her create other characters that would have been as iconic as Aunt Viv.  Why do humans always got to mess everything up for nonsense?

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5

Hope everybody had a great 4th of July! 🥳

@RealHousewife and @Pearson80, I didn't see the whole thing since I don't have HBO, but I was glad to see the clip of Janet and Will finally resolve their issues. It was obvious that Janet just wanted to be heard and her pain acknowledged by Will and although she might not have always gone about it the right way, it finally happened.

2 hours ago, A-Lo said:

The new commercial for The Talk is so annoying!  If they're trying to get viewership up, creating that mess was definitely the wrong move.

New commercial? The one about "discussing heavy issues" (just saw that one for the first time the other day, but a friend told me it's been airing since spring) or is there a new one? Forget the promo. They need to focus on making the show itself better imo.

I saw Jerry O'Connell on Wendy Williams show (blame it on the BBQ hangover 😉) and I thought she was going to ask him if he was ever seriously considered for the vacant seat, but he just said he had a good time and didn't pay attention to the all that mess that happened before they came back in April. As the saying goes "my name ain't Bennett and I ain't in it". 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Hope everybody had a great 4th of July! 🥳

@RealHousewife and @Pearson80, I didn't see the whole thing since I don't have HBO, but I was glad to see the clip of Janet and Will finally resolve their issues. It was obvious that Janet just wanted to be heard and her pain acknowledged by Will and although she might not have always gone about it the right way, it finally happened.

New commercial? The one about "discussing heavy issues" (just saw that one for the first time the other day, but a friend told me it's been airing since spring) or is there a new one? Forget the promo. They need to focus on making the show itself better imo.

I saw Jerry O'Connell on Wendy Williams show (blame it on the BBQ hangover 😉) and I thought she was going to ask him if he was ever seriously considered for the vacant seat, but he just said he had a good time and didn't pay attention to the all that mess that happened before they came back in April. As the saying goes "my name ain't Bennett and I ain't in it". 

Yes, it's a collection of snippets of them making weird sounds and/or gestures.  It seems very amateurish.

As much as I thought I was going to hate Jerry O'Connell on the show, he really brought some humor and lightheartedness that's been missing.  The other male co-hosts haven't been as successful, IMO.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Yes, it's a collection of snippets of them making weird sounds and/or gestures. It seems very amateurish.

As much as I thought I was going to hate Jerry O'Connell on the show, he really brought some humor and lightheartedness that's been missing.  The other male co-hosts haven't been as successful, IMO.

I think I've seen some version of it now that I think about it. It usually airs right before they go to break, but it has Sheryl laughing and making noises while the others list the show's social media platforms. I guess they decided to have the others join in for some weird reason.

I like Jerry when he dials down the OTT antics and he helped bring some much needed life into the show.

• Love 4

I don't think there's anything wrong with embracing traditional gender roles if both parties consent to it, but I've never been too hung up on men having to pay for dinner. It's nice and appreciated, but I'm fine with splitting the check or paying all of it myself if I asked the guy out. Justin Baldoni aka Hot Jesus wouldn't have to worry about paying for a thing. His mere presence would be payment enough. Damn, why does he have to be married and not to me?! 😪

• LOL 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with embracing traditional gender roles if both parties consent to it, but I've never been too hung up on men having to pay for dinner. It's nice and appreciated, but I'm fine with splitting the check or paying all of it myself if I asked the guy out. Justin Baldoni aka Hot Jesus wouldn't have to worry about paying for a thing. His mere presence would be payment enough. Damn, why does he have to be married and not to me?! 😪

lol!

Traditional gender roles work great for some couples, not so much for others. I have mixed thoughts on paying for dates but lean toward men paying. 

Reasons I'm not crazy about men paying, I am a feminist, and as a working woman, I can of course pay for me own food. Many women make as much if not more money than the men they date. I hate that some men have the attitude of paying for dinner = entitled to sex. I feel like if we lived in a culture where it wasn't still expected of men to pay, that whole awkwardness and the pressure would be gone. One reason I'm very selective of the men I date is because I don't want to be pressured into anything. 

That said, I'm traditional in that I'm attracted to men who LIKE to protect and provide. In my experience, men who like to pay are better quality men. Cheap guys are often more of the incel/MGTOW crowd. I also think as women we spend so much money and time getting ready, the least a man can do is pay for a dinner. A meal at a nice restaurant will cost less than the money a woman spends getting ready. Also, I think the further a relationship progresses, the less even traditional women care about all this. But like a first date or early stages of dating? I still like for the man to pay. Women should offer though, and I think it's nice for women to try paying for the movie, or doing something else after the meal, etc. Generosity is attractive in both sexes.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

lol!

Traditional gender roles work great for some couples, not so much for others. I have mixed thoughts on paying for dates but lean toward men paying. 

Reasons I'm not crazy about men paying, I am a feminist, and as a working woman, I can of course pay for me own food. Many women make as much if not more money than the men they date. I hate that some men have the attitude of paying for dinner = entitled to sex. I feel like if we lived in a culture where it wasn't still expected of men to pay, that whole awkwardness and the pressure would be gone. One reason I'm very selective with the men I date is because I don't want to be pressured into anything. 

That said, I'm traditional in that I'm attracted to men who LIKE to protect and provide. In my experience, men who like to pay are better quality men. Cheap guys are often more of the incel/MGTOW crowd. I also think as women we spend so much money and time getting ready, the least a man can do is pay for a dinner. A meal at a nice restaurant will cost less than the money a woman spends getting ready. Also, I think the further a relationship progresses, the less even traditional women care about all this. But like a first date or early stages of dating? I still like for the man to pay. Women should offer though, and I think it's nice for women to try paying for the movie, or doing something else after the meal, etc. Generosity is attractive in both sexes.

Well said, RealHousewife! Especially your last sentence. And bursting the "paying for dinner and getting sex in return" expectation some men have. I may be a Pretty Woman, but a hooker I am not. 😄

• Love 6

According to the most recent ratings report for June, 2021 : The Talk set an all new record ratings low  for the show ending it's 11th season. 

Since Osborne was fired in March, the show has lost 14% of it's viewers. The show hit all time ratings lows with key female demographics most sought after by advertisers: women 18-49 and women 25-54. This was right after CBS decided to renew the show for next season.

In the same time period, it's rival 'The View' was up 48,000 viewers in June, giving it just under 2.5 M viewers. 

The show ends the season stuck in last place among daily talk shows and daily network programming (including game shows and soaps). 'The View' remains the #1 daytime talk show on TV, closing out it's 24th season. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9713459/The-Talk-hits-new-ratings-LOW-three-months-Sharon-Osbournes-dramatic-exit-amid-race-row.html

• Love 1

Next week's schedule (Jerry's back as guest co-host):

Monday - Actor Martin Henderson; Jerry O'Connell and Akbar Gbajabiamila guest co-host.

Tuesday - Singer Jason Mraz; Jerry O'Connell and Mark McGrath guest co-host.

Wednesday - Actress Sonequa Martin-Green; Jerry O'Connell guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Actress Yara Shahidi; Jerry O'Connell and Victor Cruz guest co-host.

Friday - Actor Tom Cavanagh; Jerry O'Connell and Victor Cruz guest co-host. 

I also came across this: https://deadline.com/2021/07/nick-cordero-amanda-kloots-tribute-anniversary-death-1234786555/. 😔

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/9/2021 at 9:59 PM, rmcrae said:

Next week's schedule (Jerry's back as guest co-host):

Monday - Actor Martin Henderson; Jerry O'Connell and Akbar Gbajabiamila guest co-host.

Tuesday - Singer Jason Mraz; Jerry O'Connell and Mark McGrath guest co-host.

Wednesday - Actress Sonequa Martin-Green; Jerry O'Connell guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Actress Yara Shahidi; Jerry O'Connell and Victor Cruz guest co-host.

Friday - Actor Tom Cavanagh; Jerry O'Connell and Victor Cruz guest co-host. 

I also came across this: https://deadline.com/2021/07/nick-cordero-amanda-kloots-tribute-anniversary-death-1234786555/. 😔

I have kept The Talk on my PVR, but haven't watched an entire show (and for the most part haven't made it past the first few minutes, if even that) all of June. Now that Jerry is back I will tune in again at least for the first part. Love Martin Henderson so will watch today's show.

I had read that May's ratings had increased a bit with Jerry guest hosting, but am not surprised that they have dropped in June. That was just a mess of too many hosts, and  Elaine off half the time it seemed or if she was there, not in person. I am shocked that it got renewed to be honest. I wonder how much longer the show will hold a spot for Carrie Ann? It seems like she is in a good place again so not sure why she isn't returning if that is her intention? The show desperately needs more stability, and two co hosts holding down the fort are not enough. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I have kept The Talk on my PVR, but haven't watched an entire show (and for the most part haven't made it past the first few minutes, if even that) all of June. Now that Jerry is back I will tune in again at least for the first part. Love Martin Henderson so will watch today's show.

I had read that May's ratings had increased a bit with Jerry guest hosting, but am not surprised that they have dropped in June. That was just a mess of too many hosts, and  Elaine off half the time it seemed or if she was there, not in person. I am shocked that it got renewed to be honest. I wonder how much longer the show will hold a spot for Carrie Ann? It seems like she is in a good place again so not sure why she isn't returning if that is her intention? The show desperately needs more stability, and two co hosts holding down the fort are not enough. 

The show usually goes on hiatus at the beginning of August so it looks like Carrie Ann won't be back until September at this point. If that's the case, I wish they'd just confirm it already. I think she/CBS would've confirmed if she wasn't coming back by now, but TPTB have been making strange decisions all season so who knows. They definitely need a more stable set of co-hosts and stick with the ones that get the most positive feedback from viewers. 

Jerry was good today. Not too OTT as usual and I thought he and Akbar were a nice "man duo". I hope they don't ask Jay Pharoah back anytime soon with his tired "wheel of celebrity impressions". 

Just now, Medicine Crow said:

Elaine can lose the "sippy cup" anytime she wants!!!  (I miss Amanda!!)

Lol. She reminded me a bit of Holly and Aisha clutching her mug while talking. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

Lol. She reminded me a bit of Holly and Aisha clutching her mug while talking. 

Holly & Aisha's "cup holding" wasn't as obvious when they were sitting at the table.  Elaine grasping a cheap cup in front of her lovely outfit seems incongruous.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Elaine can lose the "sippy cup" anytime she wants!!!  (I miss Amanda!!)

You are being kind - Elaine seemed to be using that cup as a pacifier! Sheesh. Did she ever put it down? So annoying!

I have missed Jerry. I love that right off the bat with the Richard Branson story he said "Who cares?". My thoughts exactly. I enjoyed all of his input as I usually do. 

I thought Akbar was out to lunch when he said that shaming is misdirected encouragement. That is flat out bullshit. That person was not shaming Valerie to be encouraging but to be out and out mean. This is the one reason that I don't like (some) male co hosts, because they have no idea what women deal with, with the ups and downs of weight loss. Men lose weight basically on a straight line, women do not. It is also the reason I like Jerry, not only because he has been overweight which many women have struggled with, but because I find him to be as in tune with his emotions as many women are. 

I missed Amanda too. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

You are being kind - Elaine seemed to be using that cup as a pacifier! Sheesh. Did she ever put it down? So annoying!

I have missed Jerry. I love that right off the bat with the Richard Branson story he said "Who cares?". My thoughts exactly. I enjoyed all of his input as I usually do. 

I thought Akbar was out to lunch when he said that shaming is misdirected encouragement. That is flat out bullshit. That person was not shaming Valerie to be encouraging but to be out and out mean. This is the one reason that I don't like (some) male co hosts, because they have no idea what women deal with, with the ups and downs of weight loss. Men lose weight basically on a straight line, women do not. It is also the reason I like Jerry, not only because he has been overweight which many women have struggled with, but because I find him to be as in tune with his emotions as many women are. 

I missed Amanda too. 

Speaking of Jerry, he's reportedly finishing a deal to join the show full-time: https://okmagazine.com/p/jerry-oconnell-host-deal-fill-sharon-osbourne-spot-the-talk/. Still not totally sold on a permanent male host (if he really is going to join the show), but out of the men they've had guest hosting over the last few months, he's certainly not the worst.

Who knows? Maybe they'll announce Carrie Ann's return along with the news about Jerry (possibly) becoming a full-time host.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

They could do worse than Jerry!!!  I quite enjoy his contribution(s) to the conversations (most of the time).  He does offer comic relief, but does have a serious side also.

I just hope he doesn't go ham with the all that jumping around if he gets the gig. A bounce here and there is fine. Lol.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Speaking of Jerry, he's reportedly finishing a deal to join the show full-time: https://okmagazine.com/p/jerry-oconnell-host-deal-fill-sharon-osbourne-spot-the-talk/. Still not totally sold on a permanent male host (if he really is going to join the show), but out of the men they've had guest hosting over the last few months, he's certainly not the worst.

Who knows? Maybe they'll announce Carrie Ann's return along with the news about Jerry (possibly) becoming a full-time host.

Honestly, I'd be thrilled! They're both fun. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Honestly, I'd be thrilled! They're both fun. 

Jerry was a guest on 'Wendy' last week, and she asked him about being on 'The Talk' the past few months. He didn't sound like he was joining the show, and it didn't sound like he really enjoyed his time there. Wendy did her usual stab at trying to get more dirt on the show, which you can tell he had, but he didn't want to get involved. 

• Useful 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

Jerry was a guest on 'Wendy' last week, and she asked him about being on 'The Talk' the past few months. He didn't sound like he was joining the show, and it didn't sound like he really enjoyed his time there. Wendy did her usual stab at trying to get more dirt on the show, which you can tell he had, but he didn't want to get involved. 

I doubt that he could say anything until it is announced. And if he didn't enjoy his time there before, why would he bother to come back now?  I can't access the link above as I am in Canada, but I googled Jerry and The Talk, and the story has been posted on several different sites in the last several hours. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
51 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I doubt that he could say anything until it is announced. And if he didn't enjoy his time there before, why would he continue to come back now? And if he didn't enjoy his time there before, why would he bother to come back now?  I can't access the link above as I am in Canada, but I googled Jerry and The Talk, and the story has been posted on several different sites in the last several hours. 

He wouldn't. Unless he's a masochist. I saw his interview on Wendy's show from last week and I posted about it on the previous page, but he actually said he had a good time co-hosting and although the residue from the March fiasco was still in the air, he didn't let it effect/affect (I always get those two confused) him because it had nothing to do with him. He was just there to have fun and he did. If he hates being there then he's doing a good job of hiding it, but I doubt it. BTW rumors about him joining the show started in May when he'd been filling in for a few weeks. I posted an article or two about it at the time and I'll try to link them tomorrow.

He talks about his time on The Talk at around 7:24: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvJdACbf70.

Now that Jerry's inching closer to joining the show, I think they should just have him, Sheryl, Elaine and Amanda. Mark McGrath was ok, but didn't add very much. 

Elvis looked so adorable for his first day of school. 🥰

Edited by rmcrae
Adding link
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

He wouldn't. Unless he's a masochist. I saw his interview on Wendy's show from last week and I posted about it on the previous page, but he actually said he had a good time co-hosting and although the residue from the March fiasco was still in the air, he didn't let it effect/affect (I always get those two confused) him because it had nothing to do with him. He was just there to have fun and he did. If he hates being there then he's doing a good job of hiding it, but I doubt it. BTW rumors about him joining the show started in May when he'd been filling in for a few weeks. I posted an article or two about it at the time and I'll try to link them tomorrow.

He talks about his time on The Talk at around 7:24: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvJdACbf70.

Now that Jerry's inching closer to joining the show, I think they should just have him, Sheryl, Elaine and Amanda. Mark McGrath was ok, but didn't add very much. 

Elvis looked so adorable for his first day of school. 🥰

Yes, I have seen and heard rumors here and elsewhere since Jerry's stint in May, but now that several sources are reporting that he is joining I think it is likely a done deal, which is fine with me. I do want Carrie Ann to return though as I like her sweetness. I would be fine with 4 hosts though - they could lose either Elaine, or preferably Sheryl. Though I don't think that will happen. 

Edited to add that I just watched the clip from Jerry's talk with Wendy Williams, and I think he was very diplomatic about how he handled the questions. I think it likely points even more to the likelihood that he is joining the show. 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Yes, I have seen and heard rumors here and elsewhere since Jerry's stint in May, but now that several sources are reporting that he is joining I think it is likely a done deal, which is fine with me. I do want Carrie Ann to return though as I like her sweetness. I would be fine with 4 hosts though - they could lose either Elaine, or preferably Sheryl. Though I don't think that will happen. 

Edited to add that I just watched the clip from Jerry's talk with Wendy Williams, and I think he was very diplomatic about how he handled the questions. I think it likely points even more to the likelihood that he is joining the show. 🙂

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the current hosts ended up leaving during the middle of next season (and if the ratings improve enough for them to have another season), but I don't think it would be Sheryl either. She's technically not an original since she joined the show in season 2, but she's been there for a decade and I think she and Carrie Ann are the best hosts personally. 

I noticed Jerry's been calmer since returning as guest co-host so hopefully he keeps that up when his hiring is officially confirmed. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

And now it's official: https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/jerry-o-e2-80-99connell-joins-e2-80-98the-talk-e2-80-99-aspermanent-cohost/ar-AAM9MA3.

The next order if business should be confirming whether or not Carrie Ann's coming back (fingers crossed she does) and only time will tell if the show makes it or not.

I know a lot of people wanted another woman, but I'm personally relieved. I didn't trust TPTB to select a good female host. At least Jerry is both fun and sweet. I was scared they'd pick another boring host or someone mean like Sharon. Jerry brings energy without toxicity. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Carrie Ann returns too. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I doubt that he could say anything until it is announced. And if he didn't enjoy his time there before, why would he bother to come back now?  I can't access the link above as I am in Canada, but I googled Jerry and The Talk, and the story has been posted on several different sites in the last several hours. 

I think he was a good actor during the Wendy interview, as he seemed pretty neutral about his experience. I wonder what she will say on her show tomorrow about his joining, and why he didn't say anything on her show. 

We shall see if he lasts a whole season next year, or even if the show lasts a whole season. 

I don't mind them making The Talk a mixed panel type of show if the male co-hosts are good at hosting. It's 2021 and I think having a show like this could be beneficial. It's something different compared to what The View offers.

Having others to bounce discussion off of seems to work better for Jerry in comparison to him trying to host a show alone. 

The hosts are just a part of The Talk's problem right now though. The structure and format of the show could use some changing if they can get some people behind the scenes that can do better than what's been going on for the past couple of seasons. After Sara left the wheels really seemed to start coming off a bit at a time. They got a lot of backlash with the way Marie's time on the show ended and true or not what came out created some dustup for Sheryl too.

I've liked Sheryl over the years since she started on the show as a host. I admit I did start to get a bit annoyed with her a few years ago when she hosted the Daytime Emmys with Mario Lopez the first time and proceeded to objectify him for a good part of it. I hated that I was feeling bad for him of all people. I don't think I watched the next time they hosted together to see if it happened again. The first time I was live posting on a different message board and others noticed the same behavior so it wasn't something I was alone in thinking was going on. 

Sheryl seems kind of uncomfortable on the show I think due to what went on with She Devil but also because she doesn't really want to be a moderator type of host. They need someone to moderate things and as offensive as Julie's off screen behavior is she did a good job of moderating. Since She Devil left it feels like everyone is on eggshells at time because they don't want to do anything that might come across as offending one another.  

It's just really frustrating because this show still has a lot of potential. The current BTS people don't seem to know what to do to capitalize on that or there's one or two that's making sure awful decisions continue to be made.

• Love 4

Glad to see jerry as full time! I love him. Great energy, funny, serious when he needs to be. Seems like a good guy and a great family man. Cute and funny guys are my weakness!

Nice touch to arrive on set with flowers for the ladies. 💐

• Love 6

I'm happy for people who like this development, but I can't say I'm excited about it. I know I'm not going to keep up with this now. Which I barely was anyway. And since Carrie Ann wasn't even there for this kind of announcement, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she's not coming back next season either. IDK, the addition of a male co-host following Sharon's exit feels almost feels like CBS thinks they need to "calm things down" on the show by lowering the estrogen levels or something, because all the co-hosts being women must be the reason there was drama that caused Sharon's ouster rather than Sharon just being a problem. *shrug*

On the positive side--and this isn't a revelation or anything--but, wow, Elaine is gorgeous! And her outfits / hair are always gorgeous, too, it seems to me.

51 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I don't mind them making The Talk a mixed panel type of show if the male co-hosts are good at hosting. It's 2021 and I think having a show like this could be beneficial. It's something different compared to what The View offers.

Having others to bounce discussion off of seems to work better for Jerry in comparison to him trying to host a show alone. 

The hosts are just a part of The Talk's problem right now though. The structure and format of the show could use some changing if they can get some people behind the scenes that can do better than what's been going on for the past couple of seasons. After Sara left the wheels really seemed to start coming off a bit at a time. They got a lot of backlash with the way Marie's time on the show ended and true or not what came out created some dustup for Sheryl too.

I've liked Sheryl over the years since she started on the show as a host. I admit I did start to get a bit annoyed with her a few years ago when she hosted the Daytime Emmys with Mario Lopez the first time and proceeded to objectify him for a good part of it. I hated that I was feeling bad for him of all people. I don't think I watched the next time they hosted together to see if it happened again. The first time I was live posting on a different message board and others noticed the same behavior so it wasn't something I was alone in thinking was going on. 

Sheryl seems kind of uncomfortable on the show I think due to what went on with She Devil but also because she doesn't really want to be a moderator type of host. They need someone to moderate things and as offensive as Julie's off screen behavior is she did a good job of moderating. Since She Devil left it feels like everyone is on eggshells at time because they don't want to do anything that might come across as offending one another.  

It's just really frustrating because this show still has a lot of potential. The current BTS people don't seem to know what to do to capitalize on that or there's one or two that's making sure awful decisions continue to be made.

Great points, @Jaded. Especially Sheryl not being comfortable being the main mod. If Carrie Ann doesn't come back then they definitely need someone like her to take the lead. 

19 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Who wants to take a bet on whether they'll talk about this tomorrow or anytime soon? It's disappointing hearing Elaine throw the showrunners (and Sheryl to a certain degree) under the bus to pacify the Witch. Even more nauseating was listening to said Witch cry like the spoiled, entitled wench she is and trot out that ridiculous "I'm Jewish so I couldn't possibly be racist" bullshit. 🙄

• Love 1

That DailyMail article which mentions all the BTS shit going on explains a lot of Sheryl's current behavior.  Sharon has a history of being a really disgusting human being, so on one hand I'm not that bothered by her not being on the show anymore. I don't like what went on to actually get her out though and still seems to be going on. They had so many chances to boot Sharon due to her behavior that didn't have to involve such elaborate string pulling.

• Love 3
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Jaded said:

That DailyMail article which mentions all the BTS shit going on explains a lot of Sheryl's current behavior.  Sharon has a history of being a really disgusting human being, so on one hand I'm not that bothered by her not being on the show anymore. I don't like what went on to actually get her out though and still seems to be going on. They had so many chances to boot Sharon due to her behavior that didn't have to involve such elaborate string pulling.

I don't feel bad for CBS because they allowed her to be hell on wheels when it was to their benefit, but I don't think they would've fired Sharon for her on-air tantrum alone. What sealed her fate were the allegations made against her by Holly, Leah and a few other people for making racist and homophobic remarks in the past. There was no way they could keep her without public outcry so out the door she went. If they'd really set her up then I think they would've fired her sooner than they did after the temper tantrum show. Instead they had Amanda say something about how families can disagree but still love each other and swept it under the rug.

Carrie Ann responded to the Jerry news: https://outsider.com/news/entertainment/the-talk-co-host-carrie-ann-inaba-responds-news-new-host/.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I don't feel bad for CBS because they allowed her to be hell on wheels when it was to their benefit, but I don't think they would've fired Sharon's for her on-air tantrum. What sealed her fate were the allegations made against her by Holly, Leah and a few other people for making racist and homophobic remarks in the past. There was no way they could keep her without public outcry so out the door she went. If they'd really set her up then I think they would've fired her sooner than they did after the temper tantrum show. 

Sharon's behavior after the fact probably did play the major factor in her finally getting the boot. I hope there are plans for some of overhaul for the new season because it's obvious people aren't that interested in watching what they've been doing on the show daily.  I've watched here and there but found it hard to make it through entire episodes. 

I don't feel bad for CBS at all either considering what's gone on at that company as a whole for decades. What they've done so far to make it look like they were clearing out toxic people obviously hasn't been enough. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4

After 5+ years, I finally took this show off my DVR. I did not watch for a full-time male host. This always a show presented by women for women. This will never again be the show it was with the likes of Sara, Aisha and even Julie. I tried to give Elaine and Amanda a chance. I tried to keep watching after the Sharon fallout (and yes, she needed to leave). Eve may not have been the most compelling panelist, but a big part of the heart of the show left when she did. It's never been the same.

I honestly do not see the show reaching the same heights as it did in its heyday. I know it got renewed for another season, but I don't see it lasting past Christmas. The magic is gone.

• Love 2

@Jaded, I forgot to ask that when you referred to the connection between the BTS drama in the Daily Mail article and Sheryl's current behavior in the post before last were you referring to the article that claimed Sheryl was forced to go to anger management after allegedly verbally attacking a staff member? I found it suspish (as YouTuber Bailey Sarian would say) that came up after all the accusations against Sharon. Obviously I wasn't there so I can't say for a fact whether it happened or not, but during the weeks of allegations made against Sharon none of the other co-hosts, past or present, were accused of that kind of behavior. Also a lot of people praised Sheryl for keeping her composure during Sharon's meltdown and I'm sure that pissed Witchy Poo off too. We've been free of her from the show for 3 months now and she still finds a way to bring the focus back to her, bubbling cauldron and all. 

One thing's for sure. If the next season proves to be their last I'll be like Josephine Baker when she was evicted from her Chateau: sitting on the front steps in a bonnet, wrapped up in a blanket thinking "It didn't have to end this way, dammit! Why did you fuck it up?! Well, I've still got 'The Real'. I think..." Lol.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, rmcrae said:

One thing's for sure. If the next season proves to be their last I'll be like Josephine Baker when she was evicted from her Chateau: sitting on the front steps in a bonnet, wrapped up in a blanket thinking "It didn't have to end this way, dammit! Why did you fuck it up?! Well, I've still got 'The Real'. I think..." Lol.

... & I've got The Social, a Canadian version of The View.  Yesterday, Jess Allen, one of the hosts, while talking about "Coital Alignment Technique" "CAT", said all she needed was a hard surface ... I nearly choked on my muffin & the other women were totally aghast.  Jess is famous for her TMI's. 

• LOL 1
19 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

... & I've got The Social, a Canadian version of The View.  Yesterday, Jess Allen, one of the hosts, while talking about "Coital Alignment Technique" "CAT", said all she needed was a hard surface ... I nearly choked on my muffin & the other women were totally aghast.  Jess is famous for her TMI's. 

That's hilarious. I'll have to check them out on YouTube. 

• LOL 1
17 hours ago, Jaded said:

I hope there are plans for some of overhaul for the new season because it's obvious people aren't that interested in watching what they've been doing on the show daily.  I've watched here and there but found it hard to make it through entire episodes.

Hopefully that includes bringing in an audience and finally retiring the sound effect machine.

I tuned in late today — why was Jerry sitting sideways in his chair with bare feet on the furniture and then even putting his bare feet on the other host’s chairs?  Seemed really inappropriate and kind of gross! OK in your own home, but not on the show, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Tink said:

I tuned in late today — why was Jerry sitting sideways in his chair with bare feet on the furniture and then even putting his bare feet on the other host’s chairs?  Seemed really inappropriate and kind of gross! OK in your own home, but not on the show, in my opinion.

They were talking about grooming in public & he took it to the next level (in fun).  It was a joke!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Hopefully that includes bringing in an audience and finally retiring the sound effect machine.

Lack of an audience has been another big hit against the show. If they're able to have a live audience come September they need to get them ASAP. 

2 hours ago, Tink said:

It was a skit in response to a viral video involving public grooming. It took me back to season 1 when the Witch would pull her bare feet up on the couch during interviews. And they weren't skits. 🤢

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, rmcrae said:

@Jaded, I forgot to ask that when you referred to the connection between the BTS drama in the Daily Mail article and Sheryl's current behavior in the post before last were you referring to the article that claimed Sheryl was forced to go to anger management after allegedly verbally attacking a staff member? I found it suspish (as YouTuber Bailey Sarian would say) that came up after all the accusations against Sharon. Obviously I wasn't there so I can't say for a fact whether it happened or not, but during the weeks of allegations made against Sharon none of the other co-hosts, past or present, were accused of that kind of behavior. Also a lot of people praised Sheryl for keeping her composure during Sharon's meltdown and I'm sure that pissed Witchy Poo off too. We've been free of her from the show for 3 months now and she still finds a way to bring the focus back to her, bubbling cauldron and all. 

I wasn't referring to the anger management rumors that were brought up by DM. I had actually forgotten about all of that. I was thinking more along the lines of her not coming across as being naturally comfortable while appearing on the show. like she has been for years Maybe it's just me but it's like everything that went on and the upheaval it caused has been more taxing on her mentally then she let on.

Elaine's gotten to host remotely at times since it happened and she's still new to the show so she's probably not as close to everyone as Sheryl is. After reading that hot mic transcript from the DM then thinking about that incredibly awkward episode with the experts that was the first one back after the extended hiatus. Elaine and Sheryl had to be front and center for it so that must have felt awkward for them both. A lot (not all) of the She Devil defenders tried to paint Sheryl as the enemy moreso than Elaine but I saw some attempts to do that too. I just feel bad for Sheryl since it's well known how personally she can take things and am kind of worried for her especially since the ratings are so awful too. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2
On 7/14/2021 at 2:37 PM, seasons said:

Glad to see jerry as full time! I love him. Great energy, funny, serious when he needs to be. Seems like a good guy and a great family man. Cute and funny guys are my weakness!

Nice touch to arrive on set with flowers for the ladies. 💐

I love him too. Cute, funny guys are my weakness as well. 

The most popular guy on here is "hot Jesus," but I prefer Jerry's goofy self! hahaha

I know, so sweet of him. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1