Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

Interesting because I remember in 2017 Sheryl defended George Lopez’s racist comments during one of his shows.  A black woman in his audience took offense to the things Lopez was saying about blacks and he got very upset with the woman, who he claimed was heckling him.  He basically told the woman to “Get the F out of here” and a few other profane things.   Sheryl said, if it were her on stage she would have said “bitch, that’s why no one gonna marry you cause you talkin’ in my show”.  No, believe me, I’m no Sharon fan, and she’s played the idiot queen bee for too long, but what’s good for one host should apply to all hosts.  Google Sheryl Defends George Lopez to get the full story. Actually, I think The Talk is way past it’s expiration date. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

and I hope she's finally learned something even those of us who've (thankfully) never crossed paths with her have known since the Holly/Leah drama: Sharon is nobody's friend.

If Sharon was truly Sheryl's friend, she would've apologized to her on air instead of with a mealy mouthed text.  Sharon upbraided Sheryl on air, the apology should've been on air too.

25 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

No, believe me, I’m no Sharon fan, and she’s played the idiot queen bee for too long, but what’s good for one host should apply to all hosts.  Google Sheryl Defends George Lopez to get the full story. Actually, I think The Talk is way past it’s expiration date. 

Sharon wasn't disposed of for defending Piers Morgan's racist comments on Meghan Markle, she was sent packing because she acted horribly towards her co-hosts on air, one of them filed a complaint on her and cohosts from the past came forth with their own stories on Sharon PLUS Sharon went on a media campaign claiming Gayle King was trying to fire her on behalf of Meghan.  If Sharon had just apologized to Sheryl and the other cohosts for her behavior and not gone on a media campaign, she likely would still be sitting in her chair today.

22 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I was surprised how over Sharon Sheryl was. I guess Sharon spinning negative stories about Sheryl in the news might've sealed the deal on them ever being friends again.

I think if Sharon had apologized for her outburst on Sheryl the next day on air, it would've all been forgotten.  Instead Sharon went around claiming Sheryl & Elaine were trying to set her up, CBS was trying to set her up, Gayle King was trying to get her fired etc.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Sharon wasn't disposed of for defending Piers Morgan's racist comments on Meghan Markle, she was sent packing because she acted horribly towards her co-hosts on air, one of them filed a complaint on her and cohosts from the past came forth with their own stories on Sharon PLUS Sharon went on a media campaign claiming Gayle King was trying to fire her on behalf of Meghan.  If Sharon had just apologized to Sheryl and the other cohosts for her behavior and not gone on a media campaign, she likely would still be sitting in her chair today.

And if you believe what’s been written about Sheryl and her bullying staff producers, her fate should be the same. According to sources, at least 3 segment producers went to HR and filed complaints about Sheryl bullying them, with the outcome of Sheryl being called into HR and being told she was going to anger management classes. 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I was surprised how over Sharon Sheryl was. I guess Sharon spinning negative stories about Sheryl in the news might've sealed the deal on them ever being friends again.

Sheryl seems like the type of person who will try to find the good in people she's friend with until the very end. Maybe some people warned her not to get too chummy with her unless she wanted to join Holly, Leah and the others on "Sharon buried an axe in my back" row and she thought Sharon was getting a bad rap, but now she knows Sharon's nasty ways firsthand. 

2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

If Sharon was truly Sheryl's friend, she would've apologized to her on air instead of with a mealy mouthed text.  Sharon upbraided Sheryl on air, the apology should've been on air too.

Sharon wasn't disposed of for defending Piers Morgan's racist comments on Meghan Markle, she was sent packing because she acted horribly towards her co-hosts on air, one of them filed a complaint on her and cohosts from the past came forth with their own stories on Sharon PLUS Sharon went on a media campaign claiming Gayle King was trying to fire her on behalf of Meghan. If Sharon had just apologized to Sheryl and the other cohosts for her behavior and not gone on a media campaign, she likely would still be sitting in her chair today.

I think if Sharon had apologized for her outburst on Sheryl the next day on air, it would've all been forgotten.  Instead Sharon went around claiming Sheryl & Elaine were trying to set her up, CBS was trying to set her up, Gayle King was trying to get her fired etc.

Whoomp, there it is! As painful as all of this has been for the other ladies, I'm glad Sharon didn't handle it the right way. Not only has it spared us from ever seeing her face or hearing her phony "sweet English Granny" accent, it's sweet justice for all the people she belittled and lied on through this platform. 

2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

And if you believe what’s been written about Sheryl and her bullying staff producers, her fate should be the same. According to sources, at least 3 segment producers went to HR and filed complaints about Sheryl bullying them, with the outcome of Sheryl being called into HR and being told she was going to anger management classes. 

Funny how that came up after the mountain of accusations against Sharon and it was reported by her besties (or "sources") at the Daily Mail. Sheryl's been on the show now for 10 years with no public behavioral complaints and suddenly she transforms into some backstage tyrant? Mmm, not buyin' it. 

• Love 15

So the moral of today's 'healing' show was 'talk about one person all you want so long as she's not there to defend herself'. Brilliant ! What a way to heal and move on. As much as I don't like her, I will say it again - Sharon needed to be there so 'her voice could be heard' and to 'share her truth'. She wasn't, no one mentioned 'her truth' or 'her voice', but this is how you heal. SMH.

First guest Dr. Donald Grant came across as 'Oprah' on the show. He sat back and egged them on - Sheryl and Elaine - to talk about their willpower and enduring strength, to 'let their truth be told', to let their voices be heard after the 'wrath of Sharon'. Amanda and Carrie Ann sat on the sidelines like spectators. Elaine kept saying this was the 'first time' the truth could be told to knock down the false spin in the tabloids (from Sharon) but in the end she didn't reveal any truths. Did she and her hairdresser go to HR that day and file a complaint of racism against Sharon? Her voice wouldn't tell us.

After Donald 'Oprah' Grant came  Dr. Anita Phillips. Since Grant was the Oprah of the show, Phillips turned into the Iyanla Vanzant on the show and took everybody to church at the end. She even pulled an Iyanla when she had the hosts sit across from each other and stare into each others eyes without saying a word so they could 'know one another'. Elaine and Carrie Ann seemed to fall in love, and didn't want the moment to end.

So everyone got to speak their truths and find their voices by the end of the hour, and we learned how to trash someone who's not there to defend herself. Because that's what healing is all about.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Your point was that Sheryl defended George Lopez' racist statements so Sheryl needs to be fired too but Sharon Osborne defending Piers Morgan's racist statements on Meghan Markle is not why she had to go.

Sharon Osborne had to go because she was horrible/racist to her cohosts going back 10 years AND was conducting a media campaign against Sheryl, Gayle King (!?), CBS and others.  Had Sharon just sat down, been quiet and ate her food, she probably would've gotten the "anger management" treatment too.

Notice Sharon ain't said nothing about the complaint Elaine Welteroth filed against her.

35 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

So the moral of today's 'healing' show was 'talk about one person all you want so long as she's not there to defend herself'.

Sharon Osborne had a chance to defend herself on March 10.  Instead she took the opportunity to be nasty to Sheryl on air and then conduct a media campaign against Sheryl, Gayle King, CBS and Holly Robinson Peete.  Leah Remini called Osborne out live & direct --ole Sharon didn't have squat to say to Leah.

As much as I don't like her, I will say it again - Sharon needed to be there so 'her voice could be heard' and to 'share her truth'.

We heard her voice and her truth on March 10.

First guest Dr. Donald Grant came across as 'Oprah' on the show. He sat back and egged them on - Sheryl and Elaine - to talk about their willpower and enduring strength, to 'let their truth be told', to let their voices be heard after the 'wrath of Sharon'. Amanda and Carrie Ann sat on the sidelines like spectators.

Carrie Ann wasn't even there on March 10 and Amanda had nothing to do with the situation so why would they be active participants when Sharon was nasty to Sheryl (and Elaine)?

Did she and her hairdresser go to HR that day and file a complaint of racism against Sharon? Her voice wouldn't tell us.

Perhaps the details of that complaint are the real reason Sharon got shown the door.  Be careful of what you ask for; Elaine just might "speak her truth" and Sharon will come off looking worse than she already does.

So everyone got to speak their truths and find their voices by the end of the hour, and we learned how to trash someone who's not there to defend herself. Because that's what healing is all about.

"Tell me about it" --Meghan Markle

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Where specifically did any of the hosts "trash" Sharon? Did they call her out of her name or spread false gossip about her? Is addressing one's frustration over remaining silent during an internal investigation while false narratives are being spun about them in the media "trashing" someone? I'm confused.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 10

Agreed on everything, @drivethroo. Anyway, this is maybe the second episode I've seen of the two new girls. I like Elaine. Amanda's meh. I wouldn't mind if they ditched Amanda and brought two new people on next season. I'd like any of Rosie O, Meghan Markle, YNB, or Vicki Lawrence, but I imagine with the ratings low they wouldn't be able to come up with the kind of cash it would take to catch a big fish for this show. That's probably the reason I have no idea who Elaine and Amanda are.

I think somebody like Jordin Sparks would be a good fit for a lightweight show like this one (or The Real). She's young, likeable, and would bring some name value without costing them much. I was just thinking of people I've seen try out for The View over the years who may be better-suited to a non-political show like this one. Brooke Shields is another one, although I think she would've been fine on The View, too.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2

I'm confused by the idea that Sharon should be there to defend herself. She was essentially fired. She's not going to be there to defend herself. Not being on the show has not stopped her from attempting to defend herself via social media and tabloid leaks, anyway. The entire point of the show was to pull a CYA in the wake of how badly the whole situation was initially handled--and the fact that she was basically allowed to run roughshod over everyone. That doesn't mean it was well-handled in the episode itself. I'm not saying it was or wasn't because I didn't watch the show and haven't watched it in years, but I think for a work environment to be as toxic as that show has apparently been over the years, you have to have deep systemic issues. So, yeah, Sharon was probably not the only issue on set--she was clearly enabled for a decade--but she was the issue that was the cause of the show going off the air for a month and having to restructure, so it seems like a given that they're going to do a very special episode about Sharon without inviting her back for an encore of her bullshit. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 13

It was still an interesting show, and they did the right thing by addressing the elephant in the room (or not in the room, as it were). I'm glad that Elaine especially was able to talk uninterrupted about her feelings.

Once a fifth co-host is selected, Sheryl should move over to the center spot. She is now by far the longest-running cast member and deserves it. 

• Love 9

Brooke Shields would be a great candidate, @TheGreenKnight. She's guest hosted many times over the last few years and did a good job. 

1 hour ago, Zella said:

I'm confused by the idea that Sharon should be there to defend herself. She was essentially fired. She's not going to be there to defend herself. Not being on the show has not stopped her from attempting to defend herself via social media and tabloid leaks, anyway. The entire point of the show was to pull a CYA in the wake of how badly the whole situation was initially handled--and the fact that she was basically allowed to run roughshod over everyone. That doesn't mean it was well-handled in the episode itself. I'm not saying it was or wasn't because I didn't watch the show and haven't watched it in years, but I think for a work environment to be as toxic as that show has apparently been over the years, you have to have deep systemic issues. So, yeah, Sharon was probably not the only issue on set--she was clearly enabled for a decade--but she was the issue that was the cause of the show going off the air for a month and having to restructure, so it seems like a given that they're going to do a very special episode about Sharon without inviting her back for an encore of her bullshit. 

You should definitely watch today's show to see all that went down, @Zella. There was no trashing going on whatsoever. Time will tell if Sharon was or wasn't the only toxic aspect of The Talk's work environment, but it seems to me like she was the biggest part of it. The Daily Mail article throwing Sheryl in the "angry black woman" stereotype aside, I haven't heard anything about the remaining hosts terrorizing the staff and crew. 

51 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

It was still an interesting show, and they did the right thing by addressing the elephant in the room (or not in the room, as it were). I'm glad that Elaine especially was able to talk uninterrupted about her feelings.

Once a fifth co-host is selected, Sheryl should move over to the center spot. She is now by far the longest-running cast member and deserves it. 

Agreed. It reminded me of the days when Sharon would torpedo Aisha's points she didn't agree with. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

You should definitely watch today's show to see all that went down, @Zella. There was no trashing going on whatsoever. Time will tell if Sharon was or wasn't the only toxic aspect of The Talk's work environment, but it seems to me like she was the biggest part of it. The Daily Mail article throwing Sheryl in the "angry black woman" stereotype aside, I haven't heard anything about the remaining hosts terrorizing the staff and crew. 

Yeah I find the claims about Sheryl suspect because the only source seems to be the Daily Mail. When I say a toxic environment beyond Sharon, I'm not really talking about the other hosts but TPTB. Someone in higher places was enabling her, either at the network and/or on set. I'm not really clear who is in charge, though, since people who in theory would have power (like Sara Gilbert) seem to not actually run things and since faces have changed at CBS and on the show after Les Moonves's departure. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm confused by the idea that Sharon should be there to defend herself. She was essentially fired. She's not going to be there to defend herself.

This show should have been presented the day after - on March 11 - while Sharon was still with the show. Air everything out and let their 'truths' be heard. Not on April 12, a month later and Sharon fired. (Again, I'm no fan of Osbourne's, but this was handled horribly yesterday).

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

This show should have been presented the day after - on March 11 - while Sharon was still with the show. Air everything out and let their 'truths' be heard. Not on April 12, a month later and Sharon fired. (Again, I'm no fan of Osbourne's, but this was handled horribly yesterday).

Yes, the fallout was not well handled, but I don't think Osbourne would ever have agreed to something like this and I'm not sure how well handled an episode such as this would have been on such short notice. And I think with her there, it would have just gone nuclear again, possibly even worse if everyone got to truly air their grievances at her.  

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Sharon Osborne had a chance to defend herself on March 10.  Instead she took the opportunity to be nasty to Sheryl on air and then conduct a media campaign against Sheryl, Gayle King, CBS and Holly Robinson Peete.  Leah Remini called Osborne out live & direct --ole Sharon didn't have squat to say to Leah.

We heard her voice and her truth on March 10.

Carrie Ann wasn't even there on March 10 and Amanda had nothing to do with the situation so why would they be active participants when Sharon was nasty to Sheryl (and Elaine)?

Perhaps the details of that complaint are the real reason Sharon got shown the door.  Be careful of what you ask for; Elaine just might "speak her truth" and Sharon will come off looking worse than she already does.

"Tell me about it" --Meghan Markle

Sharon wasn't 'defending herself'  on March 10, she was defending her friend PM for his behavior on his show. As someone pointed out, not different from Sheryl defending Lopez. This show should have been broadcast the day after this happened, with Sharon still there. Not a month after with Sharon gone.

You're right about Carrie Ann and Amanda. They should not have been part of the April 12 show at all - it should have been Sheryl and Elaine, since they were hurt by Sharon.

And again, if Elaine is going to mention a hundred times that what's been said in the media is not true at all, then for God's sake Elaine - tell us the truth ! It's your moment in the spotlight, your turn to be 'heard' , your turn to tell your truth. What is it ?

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes, the fallout was not well handled, but I don't think Osbourne would ever have agreed to something like this and I'm not sure how well handled an episode such as this would have been on such short notice. And I think with her there, it would have just gone nuclear again, possibly even worse if everyone got to truly air their grievances at her.  

Exactly. It would have been a disaster, and it may have even gotten physical. The March 11th show, as I recall, was still very awkward. You could tell that emotions were still raw and frayed.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Exactly. It would have been a disaster, and it may have even gotten physical. The March 11th show, as I recall, was still very awkward. You could tell that emotions were still raw and frayed.

Sharon accidentally outing herself as having told Sheryl to fuck off during one of the commercial breaks makes me think that whatever went down when the cameras were rolling was almost a walk in the park in comparison to what went on when they weren't on. 

I don't think there is any situation in which Sharon would have realistically agreed to a real, honest talk on air (or in private). That's assuming a level of maturity, honesty, self-reflection, and respect for other people she has never shown and that I do not believe she is capable of. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Sharon wasn't 'defending herself'  on March 10, she was defending her friend PM for his behavior on his show.

She also went on the attack towards her co-hosts though.  Her "educate me" was not said in a calm and gentle manner.  She was nasty and she went low.  Apologies all round after the fact might have helped but given her subsequent behavior I don't think that was going to happen.

• Love 13

How should it have been handled without Sharon's presence? And where did the co-hosts "trash" Sharon yesterday? 

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Zella said:

Agreed. If Sharon couldn't be respectful and listen to her co-hosts while she was employed there, she would've been even less respectful and less likely to listen now her goose has been cooked. Good riddance to her.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Agreed. If Sharon couldn't be respectful and listen to her co-hosts while she was employed there, she would've been even less respectful and less likely to listen now her goose has been cooked. Good riddance to her.

That's why they needed to air this particular show on March 11, and not April 12. Sharon needed to be there - not Carrie Ann.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Uh, did Amanda explain why she has pictures of her son all over her jammies? He's a cute lil' nugget though. 

Has anyone watched the reboot of America's Most Wanted? I was going to, but forgot what night and time it came on. I grew up with the original with John Walsh so it's great that they're back snatching up as many criminals as they can. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Brooke Shields would be a great candidate,

I suggested her a few pages back. 

The problem?  She's currently really badly injured. Like "learning to walk again" level of injured. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

I suggested her a few pages back. 

The problem?  She's currently really badly injured. Like "learning to walk again" level of injured. 

I didn't know about that, but you're correct. She broke her femur last January (Lord, please let this link work): https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/30/entertainment/brooke-shields-accident-femur-trnd/index.html. Terrible accident, but I wish her well on her recovery.

My number one pick is still Brigitte Neilsen and my fantasy pick (other than Aisha) is Yvette Nicole Brown. 

• Love 3

I've seen 3 or 4 recent photos of Brooke Shields outside in New York from the last week or so, so thankfully she is on the mend.  She is walking with a crutch, mind you, but the good news is she is walking! 🙂

Here's one from April 11th:  (The smallest photo I could find.)

see.jpg.07955c15e78ae6399febf8660f10c125.jpg

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sheryl is doing a great job moderating. Is Carrie Ann often out for medical issues? I didn’t realize she had bad health problems.

She has Lupus and another autoimmune disorder, I believe. She's taken a day or two off before, but more often since the beginning of the season. Stress is a major trigger for flare-ups. I'm hoping she won't have to leave because of it, bless her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Sharon said she didn't watch the return of 'The Talk', and hasn't spoken to Sheryl:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/14/sharon-osbourne-the-talk-return-not-spoken-sheryl-underwood/

Go away Sharon! you did your best to portray Sheryl as an angry Black woman in the press while claiming not to be a racist.. I am so happy that I will never have to see her plastic face and her talentless obnoxious kids ever again.  The ladies used to kiss their asses as well and it always pissed me off.  Good Riddance!

• Love 14

Hopefully Carrie Ann is back next week, but they really need a guest host if she's unable to. Somebody with some "oomph". Yesterday's show was good, but today's was meh. And the Elizabeth Perkins interview was pretty boring. 

Am I the only one who was not at all shocked at Colton Underwood coming out? I've never watched The Bachelor, but saw him on other shows and could tell. Good for him finding the courage to speak his truth and I took his father's comment about wishing Colton had come out to him sooner the way Sheryl did. That he wished he could've been trusted enough for his son to share that part of himself without fear of judgement, but people interprete things differently, I guess. 

• Love 3
On 4/13/2021 at 10:29 AM, LetsStartTalking said:

Kind of agree. And I can not STAND Sharon. She has a temper & mental issues (which was common knowledge) & she was defending her friend. I don’t know the whole story with this guy  but it seems like  it’s personal between him & Megan, who is not a stranger to lying. I almost fell off the couch when she told Oprah she never looked up her husband or his family and had no idea how the royal family works, well neither did I and I know how the be royal family works. We get bombarded enough thru our lives with royal talk. What a crock of shit. 
I hate to say it but Sharon was not all wrong. Nothing is black & white ( No pun intended).  I had to turn off the show on Monday because it was more of a lecture  than Specific to the Sharon situation. 
All the cohosts  fawned over her and kissed her ass for years. You reap what you sow. 
Everyone knew what a nasty Sharon was, .this blow up was bound to happen. 

On 4/13/2021 at 5:54 PM, rmcrae said:

Uh, did Amanda explain why she has pictures of her son all over her jammies? He's a cute lil' nugget though. 

Has anyone watched the reboot of America's Most Wanted? I was going to, but forgot what night and time it came on. I grew up with the original with John Walsh so it's great that they're back snatching up as many criminals as they can. 

Ugh. 
wait wait till a little Elvis gets to school and starts being harassed by all his friends for his name. I actually know a boy that his mother named Elvis & life was hell for him. 

Sharon is going to be on Bill Mahr’s HBO show this weekend. Seems like kind of an odd forum for her but I can’t wait to see it. 

7 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Kind of agree. And I can not STAND Sharon. She has a temper & mental issues (which was common knowledge) & she was defending her friend. I don’t know the whole story with this guy  but it seems like  it’s personal between him & Megan, who is not a stranger to lying. I almost fell off the couch when she told Oprah she never looked up her husband or his family and had no idea how the royal family works, well neither did I and I know how the be royal family works. We get bombarded enough thru our lives with royal talk. What a crock of shit. 
I hate to say it but Sharon was not all wrong. Nothing is black & white ( No pun intended).  I had to turn off the show on Monday because it was more of a lecture  than Specific to the Sharon situation. 
All the cohosts  fawned over her and kissed her ass for years. You reap what you sow. 
Everyone knew what a nasty Sharon was, .this blow up was bound to happen. 

Sharon wasn't fired for her support of Piers Morgan though. Viewers were angry at her for it, but what got her ass canned was being a belligerent fool to her co-hosts who were actually trying to help her, cursing at Sheryl during the break (which we never would've known about had the idiot not shared that in the text she sent Sheryl), blaming everything on everyone but herself, resurrecting the Holly and Leah firing drama which also sparked accusations of racist and homophobic language and leaking nasty stories about Sheryl to the press. The last three things made CBS look bad and the last thing a smart person who wants to keep their job does is throw their employers under the bus. CBS isn't innocent since they catered to Sharon and kept her on a decade too long (why, I don't know) so karma is biting them in the ass as well, but Sharon's wreaping what she sowed as well. She used this show to not only bully people she barely knew, but she spent the last nine or so years taking unprovoked potshots at Holly and Leah who no longer worked there and were able to defend themselves, but didn't speak negatively about her in the press. It all caught up to Sharon for good and I will forever have zero sympathy for her in this situation. 

Monday's show was damage control of course, but it also gave Sheryl and Elaine the opportunity to discuss their thoughts on what happened March 10 and how they'd been dealing with the fallout during the month long hiatus. And the discussion was supposed to expand beyond the Sharon mess because it was a televised version of situations that have occurred all over the country for decades where one person is forced to keep their cool while the other person is allowed to show their entire ass by shutting them down and speaking to them in such an aggressive, nasty way. Sharon was aggressive with both Sheryl and Elaine for no reason. I understood that she was angry at the people who were calling her racist, but there was no excuse for the way she treated her co-hosts. That along with every move she's made since shows just what kind of person she is and how incapable she is of taking responsibility for her words and actions. She would've pretended to listen to what Sheryl and Elaine had to say had the show gone through with the original plan, but it wouldn't have sunk in and another disaster would've been on the horizon. Trust. 

Ugh. 
wait wait till a little Elvis gets to school and starts being harassed by all his friends for his name. I actually know a boy that his mother named Elvis & life was hell for him. 

Sharon is going to be on Bill Mahr’s HBO show this weekend. Seems like kind of an odd forum for her but I can’t wait to see it. 

I think she means well, but it gives me Kathie Lee vibes sometimes. Lol.

I don't have HBO, but I wouldn't watch her if I did. I'm glad I don't have to see or hear her ever again on this show. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Sharon will go on Bill Maher who has himself made questionable comments about Black people will fawn over her and rail against cancelled culture. I have had my fill off Bill Maher and that witch Sharon, so I have no intention to watch her on there twisting the facts to make herself a victim.  

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Sharon will go on Bill Maher who has himself made questionable comments about Black people will fawn over her and rail against cancelled culture. I have had my fill off Bill Maher and that witch Sharon, so I have no intention to watch her on there twisting the facts to make herself a victim.  

What questionable comments as Bill Maher made? I am not aware. 

Let's see, this week Carrie Ann and Sharon are both missing from the panel which leaves us with Sheryl, Amanda, and Elaine for one of the dullest hours on television. And Amanda being the 'announcer' in the opening foreshadows the boring hour ahead.

Speaking of the hosts, why do Amanda, Elaine and Carrie Ann (the few days she's there during the season) sit at the edge of their seats, with their legs in a wide open-scissors cross? They look ridiculously uncomfortable.

• Love 1

Let's see, this week Carrie Ann and Sharon are both missing from the panel which leaves us with Sheryl, Amanda, and Elaine for one of the dullest hours on television. And Amanda being the 'announcer' in the opening foreshadows the boring hour ahead.

Speaking of the hosts, why do Amanda, Elaine and Carrie Ann (the few days she's there during the season) sit at the edge of their seats, with their legs in a wide open-scissors cross? They look ridiculously uncomfortable.

I'll gladly take a "boring, dull hour" with those three than having to endure Sharon's nasty bullshit trashing folks left and right then playing the victim and the cringey, pathetic ass kissing she received for a full decade. She won't be missed... I'm still wondering where she was "trashed" on Monday's show. 🤔

It's awkward having only three people on the panel plus social distancing so that's most likely why they're sitting at the edge of their seats. They need either Carrie Ann or a guest host next week so it won't look so awkward. 

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

He's so smug and smarmy, it makes me sick. 🤢

What questionable comments as Bill Maher made? I am not aware. 

Here's one: https://people.com/tv/bill-maher-drops-the-n-word/.

Edited by rmcrae
Fixed link.
  • Useful 1

This Daily Beast article has an embedded video of Sharon's almost 15 minute discussion with Bill Maher. I might try and watch it tomorrow. They're both good at playing victim to distract from their own awful behavior.

Then there's this...

Edited by Jaded
Fixed poor grammar I used due to posting right before I went to bed.
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, rmcrae said:

He's so smug and smarmy, it makes me sick. 🤢

Here's one: https://people.com/tv/bill-maher-drops-the-n-word/.

Yes I saw that. It made me, to say the very least, cringe in shock. But that was an example of a bad, what he thought was a “joke”. not a comment, per se  

He’s a comedian but not the type of comedian who can in any way get away with saying that word. can anyone? I don’t know? I don’t think anyone black or white should say it. It should be left to die. I don’t believe he is racist, he is stupid sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

This Daily Beast article has an embedded video of Sharon's almost 15 minute discussion with Bill Maher. I might try and watch it tomorrow. They both are good at playing victim to distract from their own awful behavior.

Then there's this...

She is a VILE Human. In so many ways. I’m surprised they kissed her ass for so long, glad she finally got canned. I’m off to watch the show now. 

6 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I'll gladly take a "boring, dull hour" with those three than having to endure Sharon's nasty bullshit trashing folks left and right then playing the victim and the cringey, pathetic ass kissing she received for a full decade. She won't be missed... I'm still wondering where she was "trashed" on Monday's show. 🤔

It's awkward having only three people on the panel plus social distancing so that's most likely why they're sitting at the edge of their seats. They need either Carrie Ann or a guest host next week so it won't look so awkward. 

I don’t even watch this anymore. I only like Carrie and occasionally Sheryl. They need new cohosts. These new 2 are terrible. No personalities IMO.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Yes I saw that. It made me, to say the very least, cringe in shock. But that was an example of a bad, what he thought was a “joke”. not a comment, per se  

He's a comedian who can in any way get away with saying that word. can anyone? I don't know. He’s a comedian but not the type of comedian who can in any way get away with saying that word. can anyone? I don’t know? I don’t think anyone black or white should say it. It should be left to die. I don’t believe he is racist, he is stupid sometimes. 

Not with me, he can't. I agree that no one, black or white, should say it, but he knows good and well the history behind that word and the reaction using it can cause. I've never subscribed to the idea that comics can get away with saying any and everything simply because they're comics. There are certain lines that you shouldn't cross and you'd better prepare yourself for the backlash coming your way if or when it does. I can't say if he's racist or not either, but I can certainly tell you he was dead wrong for doing that, "joke" or not.

• Love 4

Thanks for sharing that article, @Jaded

From the last bit: "Then, Maher argued that people as old as Osbourne and himself shouldn't have to apologize for their behavior. 

'I'm 65. I know who I am. I don't need re-education,' said Maher. 

I think a great number of people would disagree."

This! Ignorance and arrogance do not make a pretty couple.

• Love 5

He’s a comedian but not the type of comedian who can in any way get away with saying that word. can anyone? I don’t know? I don’t think anyone black or white should say it. It should be left to die. I don’t believe he is racist, he is stupid sometimes. 

Bill Maher is the embodiment what Martin Luther said about the White moderate who claims to want civil rights for Black people as long as White supremacy remains intact.  He has said other things that are problematic over the years about Black people. He once said that Wayne Brady was not a real Black man because he was not intimidating, WTF.. Even when you try to explain to him why you have a problem with what he said as a Black person and why you were offended, he gets defensive and chooses not to see beyond his perspective just like Sharon did with Sheryl.  

2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Not with me, he can't. I agree that no one, black or white, should say it, but he knows good and well the history behind that word and the reaction using it can cause. I've never subscribed to the idea that comics can get away with saying any and everything simply because they're comics. There are certain lines that you shouldn't cross and you'd better prepare yourself for the backlash coming your way if or when it does. I can't say if he's racist or not either, but I can certainly tell you he was dead wrong for doing that, "joke" or not.

Same here. However, I do think that comics should be able to make jokes but when you are making racial jokes you should be aware enough as a non-Black that using that word will piss some people off, so it is best not to use it.  I remember when Eddie Murphy was mulling the idea of doing stand-up comedy, he was hesitating because he said that he had to relearn how to make jokes without offending people because the climate is super sensitive these days as opposed to when he was a young man doing the comedy tours.  

Not to mention back then nobody had  cell phones with cameras to record you at your shows.  These days we all have cameras and in a few minutes we can upload it onto social media and videos could be altered to be fit a narrative.  Richard Pryor would probably be cancelled with his raunchy jokes. If I was a stand-up comedian, I would not allow people to record me making jokes at my shows just to avoid controversy.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Sorry I meant “CAN’T in any way”😠 I don’t know why every time I type things in these posts it changes.
I don’t know about the other things he has allegedly said and I don’t feel like looking it up. I watch him because he makes some valid points on various subjects.  

• Love 2

3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Thanks for sharing that article, @Jaded

From the last bit: "Then, Maher argued that people as old as Osbourne and himself shouldn't have to apologize for their behavior. 

'I'm 65. I know who I am. I don't need re-education,' said Maher. 

I think a great number of people would disagree."

This! Ignorance and arrogance do not make a pretty couple.

Oh this is such bullshit! Look, I get people of a certain age grew up differently and are on average not as woke as those half their age, but yes, many older folks DO need re-education. I tried and tried with someone in my life, but she was too far gone. There are different levels of racism, ignorance, etc. My mother is not a racist, but I had to explain to her why "all lives matter" is offensive. She's not a political person and can take things literally. Once I explained, she understood why my sister and I hate hearing it. I've known older folks who had no idea oriental was offensive. With the really racist people, I no longer have the energy. I will gladly explain to anyone who just doesn't know better but wants to do better.

What I usually look for is, does this person typically take up for people of color? I remember Bill used to for years and I enjoyed his shows for the longest time. Until very recently I even felt outnumbered by all the people who post on his boards who can't stand him. But his whining about cancel culture and how hard he has it as a rich straight white male is getting old. He really needed to have a black person or at least someone of color on his show last night. Also, even when I thought Sharon was an equal opportunity offender and not necessarily racist, she's always been an asshole to me. Do we really need to feel sorry for a very wealthy, privileged in every sense of the word woman for losing a job so many other much nicer people are qualified to do? I think not. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Bill Maher is the embodiment what Martin Luther said about the White moderate who claims to want civil rights for Black people as long as White supremacy remains intact.  He has said other things that are problematic over the years about Black people. He once said that Wayne Brady was not a Real Black man because he was not intimidating, WTF .. Even when you try to explain to him why you have a Black person and why you were offended, he gets defensive and chooses not to see beyond his perspective just like Sharon did with Sheryl.

Same here. However, I do think that comics should be able to make jokes but when you are making racial jokes you should be aware enough as a non-Black that using that word will piss some people off, so it is best not to use it.  I remember when Eddie Murphy was mulling the idea of doing stand-up comedy, he was hesitating because he said that he had to relearn how to make jokes without offending people because the climate is super sensitive these days as opposed to when he was a young man doing the comedy tours.  

Not to mention back then nobody had  cell phones with cameras to record you at your shows.  These days we all have cameras and in a few minutes we can upload it onto social media and videos could be altered to be fit a narrative.  Richard Pryor would probably be cancelled with his raunchy jokes. If I was a stand-up comedian, I would not allow people to record me making jokes at my shows just to avoid controversy.

That right there is the kind of shit that pisses me off to no end. I remember years ago Sandra Bernhard criticized Mariah Carey for switching up her initially racially ambiguous image when she incorporated hip hop into her music and referred to her as "acting all n*****ish" with some rappers at a hotel and her response to the critics was similar to Bill's. I would've told her that having full lips and peppering her sentences with "honey" and "chile" while rolling her neck did not make her an authority on race or how others choose to self-identify. Same with Bill dating black women not excusing his BS. Stay in your lane, people. 

I have to agree that Cancel Culture, like the #MeToo movement, has had just as many cons and it does pros. It's funny that maybe a week prior to Sharon's mess she pretty much called The Bachelor's Chris Harrison a klansman for his ignorant comments about plantation weddings. What he said was stupid and I was glad that Rachael Harris explained to him why it was offensive, but to immediately jump to him being a white supremacist was going too far imo. Of course Sharon didn't like it once the shoe was on the other foot. 

30 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh this is such bullshit! Look, I get people of a certain age grew up differently and are on average not as woke as those half their age, but yes, many older folks DO need re-education. I tried and tried with someone in my life, but she was too far gone. There are different levels of racism, ignorance, etc. My mother is not a racist, but I had to explain to her why "all lives matter" is offensive. She's not a political person and can take things literally. Once I explained, she understood why my sister and I hate hearing it. I've known older folks who had no idea oriental was offensive. With the really racist people, I no longer have the energy. I will gladly explain to anyone who just doesn't know better but wants to do better.

What I usually look for is, does this person typically take up for people of color? I remember Bill used to for years and I enjoyed his shows for the longest time. Until very recently I even felt outnumbered by all the people who post on his boards who can't stand him. But his whining about cancel culture and how hard he has it as a rich straight white male is getting old. He really needed to have a black person or at least someone of color on his show last night. Also, even when I thought Sharon was an equal opportunity offender and not necessarily racist, she's always been an asshole to me. Do we really need to feel sorry for a very wealthy, privileged in every sense of the word woman for losing a job so many other much nicer people are qualified to do? I think not. 

Exactly. I'm glad your mom listened to you and your sister explaining why "all lives matter" was offensive. The willingness to listen is key in situations like that. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I have to agree that Cancel Culture, like the #MeToo movement, has had just as many cons and it does pros. It's funny that maybe a week prior to Sharon's mess she pretty much called The Bachelor's Chris Harrison a klansman for his ignorant comments about plantation weddings. What he said was stupid and I was glad that Rachael Harris explained to him why it was offensive, but to immediately jump to him being a white supremacist was going too far imo. Of course Sharon didn't like it once the shoe was on the other foot. 

40 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Thank you for reminding me of Sharon practically calling Chris Harrison a Klansman.   I think that cancel culture should be called accountability culture.  Sunny from the view coined that term. It is what being a responsible adult is all about, you have to be careful what you say and if you happen to say something or do offensive without realizing it, apologize and try not to do it again. 

Taking responsibility  for your actions is what we are thought as children so that we can apply it to our lives as adults. We are all fallible human beings with biases and prejudices. It is never too late to grow and learn if you are open to do so.  When you know better, you do better. I also wish people would stop tweeting every thought that comes to mind.. It would save them so much problems.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

That right there is the kind of shit that pisses me off to no end. I remember years ago Sandra Bernhard criticized Mariah Carey for switching up her initially racially ambiguous image when she incorporated hip hop into her music and referred to her as "acting all n*****ish" with some rappers at a hotel and her response to the critics was similar to Bill's. I would've told her that having full lips and peppering her sentences with "honey" and "chile" while rolling her neck did not make her an authority on race or how others choose to self-identify. Same with Bill dating black women not excusing his BS. Stay in your lane, people. 

Exactly. I'm glad your mom listened to you and your sister explaining why "all lives matter" was offensive. The willingness to listen is key in situations like that. 

I'm familiar with the Chris Harrison drama, but I didn't hear that about the weddings, wow. And do you mean Rachel Lindsay? I know I mentioned this in The Real thread, but I think she'd be great on either The Real or The Talk. 

I'll have to look up what Chris said about plantation weddings. My impression of him is that he's not great on racial issues, but I don't think he's hateful. And from what I've seen of him over the years, he comes across nice, unlike Sharon. 

• Love 2