Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The problem is they keep re-setting the return date from day one, which doesn't look good for the fate of the show. I heard that the date is now moved to April 15 (I believe Wendy Williams first announced this on her show the other day) from April 12. I still wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come back at all, and CBS puts this out of it's misery.

Do you have a source to confirm the show's coming back on the 15th? Wendy Williams is notorious for getting even the most basic info wrong so she's not the most reliable. Whether it's the 12th or the 15th, the show is definitely coming back. Sans the miserable shrew Mrs. O, of course... 🥳

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I only saw a bit of the Osbourne show, but I remember Christina and Kelly had some sort of beef. Kinda funny Christina bought the house!

I remember that feud too, @RealHousewife. Christina said she confronted Kelly at a club years ago and Kelly blamed Sharon for it. Classic Osbournes. Talking shit about people then blaming everyone else when their feet are held to the fire. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, rmcrae said:

🤮🤮🤮 I bet those clowns wouldn't last a week if some idiot network hired them to do a show together. They'd either kill each other or the show itself with their reckless mouths. 

She has nothing else to lose at this point. I know one thing's for sure. When she's lying under the covers with Ozzy and their 25 dogs, she's kicking herself for screwing herself out of the easiest, most ass kissy gig she's ever had by posting that tweet of support to Piers and the temper tantrum she threw on the show the next day. Thank you, Sharon. Your loss is our gain. Sweet sleep, witch! 😘

Yes, but let's be honest.  Self honesty I mean. 

If she's willing to go full right wing, she'll be able to ride this to far more money.  Piers is doing that right now.  He quit full well knowing he'd be able to ride the anti-cancel culture BS to another gig.  Now he's got at least 2 UK, and several US Conservative outlets in a bidding war over his slimy ass. 

Sharon could easily ride his coat tails to similar, if she's willing to live in the world of Newsmax, OANN, or the two new UK equivalents starting up in the next few months (one of them owned by Rupert Murdoch).  

So if the values she pretended to have on CBS were fake all along?  An easy transition for her... 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Kromm said:

Yes, but let's be honest.  Self honesty I mean. 

If she's willing to go full right wing, she'll be able to ride this to far more money.  Piers is doing that right now.  He quit full well knowing he'd be able to ride the anti-cancel culture BS to another gig.  Now he's got at least 2 UK, and several US Conservative outlets in a bidding war over his slimy ass. 

Sharon could easily ride his coat tails to similar, if she's willing to live in the world of Newsmax, OANN, or the two new UK equivalents starting up in the next few months (one of them owned by Rupert Murdoch).  

So if the values she pretended to have on CBS were fake all along?  An easy transition for her... 

Wherever she ends up she won't get anymore of my time or attention. Out of sight, out of mind.

• Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, rcc said:

Sheryl taking the high road. Sharon doesn't deserve it but Sheryl is just too nice.

She's definitely better than me. I'd have cussed Sharon out up, down and all around. Especially after that shitty "angry black woman" article Sharon's friends at the Daily Mail wrote a few weeks ago. I'm proud of her for being classy about it. After all, Sharon's the one out of a job. She can keep it moving elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Sherri Shepherd should mind her own business ... (just sayin')!!!

Maybe so, but I agreed with what she said. 

I hope there's as little ass kissing as possible once they come back and address the Witch's departure on Monday: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/2647914/the-talk-hosts-statement-sharon-osbourne-exit-show-return/

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 5
(edited)

Nowadays, Sherri's whole purpose in life is saying the right thing to ingratiate herself to those who will benefit her.  She's a user & a taker, so I don't care what she has to say.

Edited by Medicine Crow
's are important
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I'm cracking up that in the process of trying to make Sheryl look bad, Sharon admits that she also told Sheryl to fuck off during the commercial break. I don't remember that detail coming out before. 

Just like when she posted Holly's decade old email to exonerate herself... and it backfired on her big time. A septic tank has more brains and class than that shrew. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Just like when she posted Holly's decade old email to exonerate herself... and it backfired on her big time. A septic tank has more brains and class than that shrew. 

She deleted it as if that would make it go away. The internet is forever.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She deleted it as if that would make it go away. The internet is forever.

Indeed. I remember her saying the exact same thing about other people when they tried to delete their social media posts. 

2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Have we heard anything about a new co-host yet, or are we just going to learn who it is when the next new episode airs on Monday?

I haven't heard anything yet. They'll probably focus on stabilizing the show with the current four hosts for awhile. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Have we heard anything about a new co-host yet, or are we just going to learn who it is when the next new episode airs on Monday?

It was reported this weekend the show will return with the four hosts (how boring will this be?) on Monday. They have guests hosts scheduled after that for the foreseeable future. I guess they don't want any guest host on Monday, and I can't blame them - why put someone in the cross hairs when discussing why Osbourne is gone ?

• Love 2
(edited)

I think adding a new host right away would also fuel noise from Sharon's camp that this was some ploy to remove her and install someone else. Which is bullshit. It's better, in my opinion, to avoid rushing into getting a new host right away. 

I think Sharon Osbourne was a huge problem on the set of The Talk, but I also don't think her reign of terror lasted as long as it did without an extremely dysfunctional and toxic workplace environment that enabled her. They need to sort that out before adding a new personality to the mix. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10

I think 'The Talk' should take a page from 'The View' from 15 years ago, when the show returned without Star Jones - as she was fired over night from the show.

Barbara Walters - creator and exec producer of the show - was joined by Joy and Elisabeth and explained to the audience what happened, and why they had to get rid of Star, and the plan going forward. It was quick and to the point - and then they continued with the show. But they removed the elephant in the room right away. (Walters did something similar when Rosie left a year later - Walters even cut her vacation short to return to the show and address the audience. Classy.)

Sara Gilbert is still listed as an exec producer, and she has taken credit for 'creating' this monstrosity. So really, she should return on Monday and explain what has happened, why they removed Osbourne, and what the plan is going forward. Only she should be addressing the audience - no one else (certainly not Sheryl or any of the other hosts).

That's what they should do. What they will do is a whole other story.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I think 'The Talk' should take a page from 'The View' from 15 years ago, when the show returned without Star Jones - as she was fired over night from the show.

Barbara Walters - creator and exec producer of the show - was joined by Joy and Elisabeth and explained to the audience what happened, and why they had to get rid of Star, and the plan going forward. It was quick and to the point - and then they continued with the show. But they removed the elephant in the room right away. (Walters did something similar when Rosie left a year later - Walters even cut her vacation short to return to the show and address the audience. Classy.)

Sara Gilbert is still listed as an exec producer, and she has taken credit for 'creating' this monstrosity. So really, she should return on Monday and explain what has happened, why they removed Osbourne, and what the plan is going forward. Only she should be addressing the audience - no one else (certainly not Sheryl or any of the other hosts).

That's what they should do. What they will do is a whole other story.

I remember when BW and Co. did that as well thanks to Star jumping the gun by telling the truth about her departure instead of going along with their "moving on to bigger better things" script which was a lie. Star also accused Barbara, Bill Geddie and Joy of feeding negative stories about her to the press between her being informed of her dismissal and her final day on the show, but I wasn't there so I can't say if it's true or not. Anyway, yes, Barbara's speech about Star was well-written and delivered, but it was also a way for ABC to try to cover their asses when their former co-host didn't want to play their game and exposed them instead. It cost her, but she felt like it was worth it and I have to agree.

Having said all that, Barbara was a host during both Star and Rosie's very messy exits so of course she had to address it. Sara hasn't been a host since August of 2019 and wasn't present during the drama on last month's show. Having her return to explain anything about it would be ridiculous and it's not going to happen. Nor should it. The network allowed Sharon to get away with her BS all this time and they should be the ones to explain. We'll have to see how it plays out when they return next week. 

Also, where did you read that they'd have guest hosts instead of the remaining four hosts after Monday? I did some Googling and didn't find anything.

5 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I thought she was no longer involved with the show, period. 

The show got two new female executive producers/showrunners last fall. 

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don't think Sara Gilbert will ever comment, let alone come back to talk about the controversies on the show. She seemed uncomfortable addressing conflict and personal stuff when she was on the show. She even made comments when she left about being relieved she didn't have to talk about personal stuff anymore so publicly. I doubt you could pay her to come back to talk about Sharon's departure, especially after the reveal of the homophobic things Sharon called her behind her back. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I don't think Sara Gilbert will ever comment, let alone come back to talk about the controversies on the show. She seemed uncomfortable addressing conflict and personal stuff when she was on the show. She even made comments when she left about being relieved she didn't have to talk about personal stuff anymore so publicly. I doubt you could pay her to come back to talk about Sharon's departure, especially after the reveal of the homophobic things Sharon called her behind her back. 

And why should she comment anyway? It's not her responsibility. Same goes for Julie, Aisha, Eve and Marie. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

And why should she comment anyway? It's not her responsibility. Same goes for Julie, Aisha, Eve and Marie. 

Yes and beyond that, I don't think as an executive producer that she ever had any real power, so I can't even imagine how much less power or influence she has now that she is gone. I think she was used as a convenient figurehead for marketing the concept of the show, and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that she may have resented the fact she was constantly talked about as the producer when it seems like she had no actual control in anything.  

• Love 8
Just now, Zella said:

Yes and beyond that, I don't think as an executive producer that she ever had any real power, so I can't even imagine how much less power or influence she has now that she is gone. I think she was used as a convenient figurehead for marketing the concept of the show, and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that she may have resented the fact she was constantly talked about as the producer when it seems like she had no actual control in anything.  

Leah Remini said as much in her book. I don't know if Sara resented being given the public title of executive producer (and I don't remember Leah saying that either), but she knew she wasn't really running things. She came to the network with the idea of a "mommy" type show and the reins were most likely given to Julie once she signed on. I don't know all the details about that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/7/2021 at 5:11 PM, catlover79 said:

I thought she was no longer involved with the show, period. 

I think she has exec producer credits still, and besides - this is 'her creation' as she has said over and over. She (supposedly) chose Osbourne for a cohost back in 2010, as well as the other hosts (according to interviews back then). This show is her legacy, as she has taken credit for it over 11 years. If she wants to save her legacy, she should step in for one day, address this issue (and racism on a talk show is an issue), and then set the path forward for them. When she left, she made the obligatory 'promise to return from time to time' - this is the time she should return.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, rcc said:

Holly and Leah on a new talk show. I would watch. Hopefully they get one.

I would too, @rcc. They brought a lot of fun and laughs during their brief time on the show. Leah kinda got on my nerves initially being so loud and jumping around every five seconds, but I warmed up to her once she calmed down. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Holly and Leah on a new talk show. I would watch. Hopefully they get one.

They were fired ten years ago. The two of them have moved on to other projects where they have made their marks. I don't think these two want to revisit a 'talk show' format. They would have gotten together and pitched the idea years ago if it interested them in the least.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
6 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I think she has exec producer credits still, and besides - this is 'her creation' as she has said over and over. She (supposedly) chose Osbourne for a cohost back in 2010, as well as the other hosts (according to interviews back then). This show is her legacy, as she has taken credit for it over 11 years. If she wants to save her legacy, she should step in for one day, address this issue (and racism on a talk show is an issue), and then set the path forward for them. When she left, she made the obligatory 'promise to return from time to time' - this is the time she should return.

If "producer credits" means she's benefiting (financially) from the show, then yes, I think it behooves her to make an appearance.  Otherwise, it's her life!!!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

If "producer credits" means she's benefiting (financially) from the show, then yes, I think it behooves her to make an appearance.  Otherwise, it's her life!!!

Since it's her 'creation', yes she benefits financially from the show until it's over. (Same with Walters and 'The View').

• Useful 2
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Say it louder for the folks in the back, girl. 😉 The issue will be discussed by the parties involved on the the now infamous March 10th episode come Monday and hopefully The Wench Who Shall Not Be Named's name will be retired from the show forever. 🥳

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Say it louder for the folks in the back, girl. 😉 The issue will be discussed by the parties involved on the the now infamous March 10th episode come Monday and hopefully The Wench Who Shall Not Be Named's name will be retired from the show forever. 🥳

I never watch more than occasional clips of this show, but Monday is bound to be SO super-awkward I'm tempted to watch live. 

I mean just dancing over how much to actually talk about an ex-cohost, who best case, will tweet and complain to certain press outlets, and worst case may sue makes for awkward television.  But inauthentic, if they talk about this topic, but don't mention her at ALL. 

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I never watch more than occasional clips of this show, but Monday is bound to be SO super-awkward I'm tempted to watch live. 

I mean just dancing over how much to actually talk about an ex-cohost, who best case, will tweet and complain to certain press outlets, and worst case may sue makes for awkward television.  But inauthentic, if they talk about this topic, but don't mention her at ALL. 

I doubt they won't mention Sharon. It would make zero sense to talk about the issue of racism and how to discuss the aftermath of it without mentioning her. I'm sure they won't sit there and call her Adolf Hitler's long-lost daughter or a member of the KKK. Lol. Obviously it'll be awkward. It would be awkward to deal with on any other show or in real life. But that's the point. No matter how awkward and difficult certain issues are, you have to confront them. As for how Sharon might respond to it, I personally don't care and I doubt very many people will either. She's gone, she got her chunk of change and she can jump on her broom and find someone else to terrorize. As another poster said, The Wicked Witch of The Talk is dead. 😁

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I doubt they won't mention Sharon. It would make zero sense to talk about the issue of racism and how to discuss the aftermath of it without mentioning her. I'm sure they won't sit there and call her Adolf Hitler's long-lost daughter or a member of the KKK. Lol. Obviously it'll be awkward. It would be awkward to deal with on any other show or in real life. But that's the point. No matter how awkward and difficult certain issues are, you have to confront them. As for how Sharon might respond to it, I personally don't care and I doubt very many people will either. She's gone, she got her chunk of change and she can jump on her broom and find someone else to terrorize. As another poster said, The Wicked Witch of The Talk is dead. 😁

^^^^  x 1000  ^^^^

• Love 5

The debacle reminded me of all the racial discussions I’ve had with people who are racist, some much more racist than Sharon. I give everyone benefit of the doubt because I think people tend to be more dumb than evil, but some people are just racist. It is what it is. I recently cut someone out of my life because she was so hateful.

Anytime you hear “I’m tired of being called racist,” that person is probably not worth your time debating. 

• Love 8

I'll definitely be watching Monday. Honestly, I wish they'd hired somebody to replace Sharon already, so the show could "start over" completely this coming week, but I suppose it would be short notice for any celeb out there that they might be looking at.

• Love 3

According to USA TODAY, on Monday's live show they will have "Donald E. Grant, an expert on diversity, equity, inclusion and justice, and nationally acclaimed trauma therapist and life coach Anita Phillips" as guests. If anything, they should have had these two on (or other guests with similar credentials) the day after the trainwreck, while Osbourne was still on the show. Osbourne is the one who would benefit the most from the conversation, why wait until after she's gone to bring these two on ?  Waiting a month after this debacle without Osbourne - the one who needs to be part of this discussion the most -  has much less of an impact.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Useful 4
25 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

According to USA TODAY, on Monday's live show they will have "Donald E. Grant, an expert on diversity, equity, inclusion and justice, and nationally acclaimed trauma therapist and life coach Anita Phillips" as guests. If anything, they should have had these two on (or other guests with similar credentials) the day after the trainwreck, while Osbourne was still on the show. Osbourne is the one who would benefit the most from the conversation, why wait until after she's gone to bring these two on ?  Waiting a month after this debacle without Osbourne - the one who needs to be part of this discussion the most -  has much less of an impact.

So basically they’re having an inservice on air, with the remaining cohosts, it seems.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

The debacle reminded me of all the racial discussions I’ve had with people who are racist, some much more racist than Sharon. I give everyone benefit of the doubt because I think people tend to be more dumb than evil, but some people are just racist. It is what it is. I recently cut someone out of my life because she was so hateful.

Anytime you hear “I’m tired of being called racist,” that person is probably not worth your time debating. 

Good on you for cutting that person out of your life, @RealHousewife. I know it was probably hard, but it's best not to allow someone else to choke you with their toxic hatefulness. 

6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'll definitely be watching Monday. Honestly, I wish they'd hired somebody to replace Sharon already, so the show could "start over" completely this coming week, but I suppose it would be short notice for any celeb out there that they might be looking at.

I think they might announce a replacement by the end of May or beginning of June. I remember Sara announced she was leaving in April of 2019 and news of Marie Osmond joining the show was about a month or so later. 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So basically they’re having an inservice on air, with the remaining cohosts, it seems.

And it's good that Sharon isn't involved. She pretended like nothing happened the day after her on-air meltdown because she truly didn't think she did anything wrong. Meanwhile her co-hosts were walking on eggshells looking awkward as hell. Then "mysteriously" the day after that, she releases a statement apologizing for her temper tantrum. Had they brought this Monday's guests on the day after the drama Sharon would've just nodded her head and stuck to whatever she thought the viewers wanted her to say in order to diffuse some of the backlash. It wouldn't have been a genuine teaching moment for her because she felt like she was in the right. 

Her being fired has taught her a lesson that's been a long time coming: no matter how many years you get away with being a vile, backstabbing nightmare, karma will come around and knock you flat on your ass. And no amount of finger pointing, fake apologies and slander can save you from the consequences. 

Edited by rmcrae
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, indeed. A month too late - Osbourne should have been part of this in-service the day after the fiasco. She may still be part of the show today if they included her. Or may not - depending on how the show went.

New week's schedule:

Monday - The Talk returns with a discussion about race and healing with expert Dr. Donald E. Grant and Dr. Anita Phillips.

Tuesday - Television Host Elizabeth Vargas.

Wednesday - Actor Dylan McDermott (🥰).

Thursday - Actress Elizabeth Perkins.

Friday - Singer and ACM award nominee Mickey Guyton; actress Lorraine Toussaint. 

• Love 2

CBS has been running promos for the show's return this week. The promos are billing 'The Talk' as a talk show covering "Deep Issues" and "Big Topics".

Bwahahahahahahahaha! Are they kidding ?

'Deep Issues' and 'Big Topics' are the last words to describe this show. Unless you consider the latest Hollywood gossip over Arianna Grande, Justin Bieber and The Kardashians as 'big topics' and 'deep issues'.

If they're trying to refer to 'racism' as 'deep issues' and 'big topics' - sorry, CBS. The panel couldn't handle such a conversation when they approached that on March 10. The whole show toppled over, embarrassed it's hosts, and went off the air for a month. That is why this show is barely watchable and sitting in last place - it can't handle anything out of it's comfort zone which is trash talking Hollywood celebrities.

3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

New week's schedule:

Monday - The Talk returns with a discussion about race and healing with expert Dr. Donald E. Grant and Dr. Anita Phillips.

Tuesday - Television Host Elizabeth Vargas.

Wednesday - Actor Dylan McDermott (🥰).

Thursday - Actress Elizabeth Perkins.

Friday - Singer and ACM award nominee Mickey Guyton; actress Lorraine Toussaint. 

Well, the rest of the week after Monday sounds dreadfully boring, other than Mickey Guyton, who's definitely actually got stuff to say about race.  I mean not that such should be the focus of the show, but heck, it would make sense to talk about it given it's a big part of Guyton's profile this year. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Well, the rest of the week after Monday sounds dreadfully boring, other than Mickey Guyton, who's definitely actually got stuff to say about race.  I mean not that such should be the focus of the show, but heck, it would make sense to talk about it given it's a big part of Guyton's profile this year. 

I don't know anything about Mickey Guyton (thought it was a guy judging by the name), but now I'm intrigued to hear what she has to say about her experiences being a black woman in country music. Love me some Dylan McDermott (I swear that man gets sexier with age) and I loved Lorraine Toussaint on Any Day Now so I'm looking forward to their appearances. 🙂

• Love 6
9 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I don't know anything about Mickey Guyton (thought it was a guy judging by the name), but now I'm intrigued to hear what she has to say about her experiences being a black woman in country music. 

🙂

Her big song last year, during the height of the George Floyd protests, was called "Black Like Me". 

There's been industry lipservice to her, including nominations, but dig a little deeper on Twitter, in comment sections, etc. and don't be surprised at some of what you uncover. 

I almost wish they'd do a theme show with Darius Rucker.  Or maybe one with the tiny handful of country artists who actually opened their yaps about Floyd last year. 

Wait. Here's her actually singing it. I'll stick with her appearance on Colbert, so we're hearing a performance on the same network as The Talk... 

Edited by Kromm
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Kromm said:

Her big song last year, during the height of the George Floyd protests, was called "Black Like Me". 

There's been industry lipservice to her, including nominations, but dig a little deeper on Twitter, in comment sections, etc. and don't be surprised at some of what you uncover. 

I almost wish they'd do a theme show with Darius Rucker.  Or maybe one with the tiny handful of country artists who actually opened their yaps about Floyd last year. 

Wait. Here's her actually singing it. I'll stick with her appearance on Colbert, so we're hearing a performance on the same network as The Talk... 

Her voice is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I'll skip seeking out the nasty comments about her since there's more than enough hate and vitriol going on, but I can imagine the garbage thrown her way and many other black artists trying to make it in country or rock music. 

• Love 3

Hats off again to Sheryl and Elaine for not only the way they handled Sharon's initial hissy fit, but also the smear campaign Sharon and her scummy friends in the press launched against Sheryl. You could see Sheryl was still in pain about the whole thing and I hope she's finally learned something even those of us who've (thankfully) never crossed paths with her have known since the Holly/Leah drama: Sharon is nobody's friend. There are no depths too low for her and she'll turn on "friends" on a dime. As I said in a previous post, Sharon would've just gone along with what she thought the viewers wanted to hear in order to keep her job. It would've gone through one ear and out the other until she stepped into the shit during another topic. 

Carrie Ann made it the whole hour without crying. Lol.

Talk ladies/CBS, don't just deliver the standard "we as a show and company will continue to work on diversity issues" lip service and leave it at that. Y'all have got some serious work to do and permanently banishing the witch is just the first step. Like Iyanla says, do the work. 

• Love 12