Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

Today's show didn't have as many awkward silences and transitions, but it was still pretty boring. Jerry, please put your clothes on (the body's nothing to poo poo, but that bit was lame) and simmer down. 😩

• LOL 3
(edited)

Possibly good(ish) news for viewers who don't want Jenna Dewan to join the cast:

Eddie McGuire teams up with Jenna Dewan and LL Cool J to film new American television show Come Dance With Me in Australia

It starts filming this month in Australia so unless she can swing two continents at the same time, she's probably out?  But then never say never; it is show biz.  Maybe it's a really quick gig and maybe The Talk is going to take a long time making a move.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Useful 1

Did they touch on the Duggar situation at all? We were preempted today in Cleveland due to an address by the governor - which is rare for a Monday. I don't feel like watching it On Demand and sitting through ten billion commercials.

• Love 2

Sheryl looked at the camera and read the script in her flat, monotone voice (which is supposed to be her 'I'm being serious' voice, I guess), to announce that May is 'Man's Month' on the show, and they will have a different male cohost each day to share what he thinks about topics, along with the three remaining women. She seemed to believe this was a genius idea, and something original for the show...

I guess because she forgot they've had male cohosts sitting in on discussions in the past, and as recently as last week when Jerry sat in ?  Great moderator work, Underwood!

5 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Possibly good(ish) news for viewers who don't want Jenna Dewan to join the cast:

Eddie McGuire teams up with Jenna Dewan and LL Cool J to film new American television show Come Dance With Me in Australia

It starts filming this month in Australia so unless she can swing two continents at the same time, she's probably out?  But then never say never; it is show biz.  Maybe it's a really quick gig and maybe The Talk is going to take a long time making a move.

That's certainly good news for this viewer. Nice lady, but a boring host. They're having male guest co-hosts all month, but hopefully they're working something out with better potential (and female) replacements. They don't have the luxury of letting too much time pass by before they make their next move. 

46 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Did they touch on the Duggar situation at all? We were preempted today in Cleveland due to an address by the governor - which is rare for a Monday. I don't feel like watching it On Demand and sitting through ten billion commercials.

No and today's show wouldn't have been worth checking out On Demand anyway. Hopefully they talk about it tomorrow. And Jerry takes some Ritalin. 

• Love 2

Thank you, @rmcrae. Jerry is an engaging and versatile actor, but when he is just himself he is too much for me to watch. He just makes me nervous. 

I have to cut Sheryl some slack. She's a comedienne by nature and used to performing for crowds. The lack of a live studio audience has to hurt more for her than the others. I think the toll of these past 14 months has worn on her more than the other hosts. Elaine and Amanda haven't been on the entirety of the journey with Sheryl. It's a shame to think of how both internal and external circumstances have imploded this show. No one's happy and I can't even blame Sheryl for phoning it in.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Thank you, @rmcrae. Jerry is an engaging and versatile actor, but when he is just himself he is too much for me to watch. He just makes me nervous. 

I have to cut Sheryl some slack. She's a comedienne by nature and used to performing for crowds. The lack of a live studio audience has to hurt more for her than the others. I think the toll of these past 14 months has worn on her more than the other hosts. Elaine and Amanda haven't been on the entirety of the journey with Sheryl. It's a shame to think of how both internal and external circumstances have imploded this show. No one's happy and I can't even blame Sheryl for phoning it in.

No problem, @catlover79. If Jerry doesn't cool it with the antics I hope this will be his last week. 

Sheryl's definitely carrying the burden of keeping the show together, but I don't think she's phoning it in. Her enthusiasm is forced at times (same with Elaine and Amanda), but she's doing her best with what she has to work with. She really needs someone to match her energy and take some of the pressure off of her. Who that person is, I don't know. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

No problem, @catlover79. Her enthusiasm is forced

Maybe phoning it in was the wrong way to say it. You're right that her enthusiasm is forced. For the first time, it is clear that Sheryl doesn't seem to enjoy what she is doing. If the format we've been seeing since March 2020 is claustrophobic to we the viewers, it must be almost unbearable actually putting the show together. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Maybe phoning it in was the wrong way to say it. You're right that her enthusiasm is forced. For the first time, it is clear that Sheryl doesn't seem to enjoy what she is doing. If the format we've been seeing since March 2020 is claustrophobic to we the viewers, it must be almost unbearable actually putting the show together. 

The sad part is that many of us thought returning to the studio as opposed to the Zoom "at-home" shows last summer would improve things, but it didn't. I wasn't crazy about the Zoom shows at first, but it got better to me because they didn't have the pressure of being "on" and they felt more at home in their own homes. Being back in-studio is another story.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

The sad part is that many of us thought returning to the studio as opposed to the Zoom "at-home" shows last summer would improve things, but it didn't. I wasn't crazy about the Zoom shows at first, but it got better to me because they didn't have the pressure of being "on" and they felt more at home in their own homes. Being back in-studio is another story.

Agreed. I think that the Zoom shows suffered mostly from bad connections, as almost all shows that went remote did at the beginning. The content itself wasn't bad. It was fun when Sharon, Carrie Ann and Eve would show off their pets, for example.

I wonder if the hosts/staff wish they'd stayed remote. The View is still remote and they're #1. That show's only real, recurring issue is Meghan McCain. This show's problems are numerous and who knows if they'll even be back for a new season at this point.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Sheryl is still rattled with her row with Sharon.  She probably feels a lot of pressure to succeed since a lot of people's jobs are on the line not just her own.  Amanda is not right for this show. I would bring back Ayisha and Carrie-Ann after she has gotten healthier. 

I think the show can still be saved. I remember when the view had awful ratings back when the talk was riding high and Mrs Moonves arrogantly said that the show was on it's last legs and that Barbara Walters should retire.  The irony is not lost on me..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Agreed. I think that the Zoom shows suffered mostly from bad connections, as almost all shows that went remote did at the beginning. The content itself wasn't bad. It was fun when Sharon, Carrie Ann and Eve would show off their pets, for example.

I wonder if the hosts/staff wish they'd stayed remote. The View is still remote and they're #1. That show's only real, recurring issue is Meghan McCain. This show's problems are numerous and who knows if they'll even be back for a new season at this point.

The show had a last minute Zoom set-up at the start of the year due to another stay-at-home order and the connections were even worse than the prior summer. Loss of ratings definitely bit into the budget, I'm afraid.

I watch The Real and they've come a long way with their Zoom shows. The connections weren't pretty bad and Jeannie Mai had issues with her audio. A year has gone by and they've gotten it together, thank goodness. 

3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I think Sheryl is still rattled with her row with Sharon.  She probably feels a lot of pressure to succeed since a lot of people's jobs are on the line not just her own.  Amanda is not right for this show. I would bring back Ayisha and Carrie-Ann after she has gotten healthier. 

I think the show can still be saved. I remember when the view had awful ratings back when the talk was riding high and Mrs Moonves arrogantly said that the show was on it's last legs and that Barbara Walters should retire.  The irony is not lost on me..

Unless there's a miracle happening behind the scenes we're not privy to, I don't think Aisha will be back. She hasn't even been back as a guest in over a year. 🙁

I remember when Julie said that and I found it tacky. I never liked when hosts on either show shaded the other since it's hard enough out there as women in TV and it's better to lift each other up. Plus, it's never a good move taking potshots because the world of TV is fickle and nothing's guaranteed. The View hosts openly mocked The Talk after the Holly and Leah firing and bragged about keeping the same panel before beginning the merry-go-round of co-hosts. And then The Talk (Sharon and Julie really) took glee in The View's issues only to lose both their jobs and the show is now on the brink of cancellation. Moral of the story: what you put out there is what you get back.

Justin Baldoni didn't add too much to today's show, but he sat there looking damn good (man buns aren't usually my thing, but it works on him) so that's good enough. And I hope they quit with the skits and Jerry shaking his ass. 

• Love 4
(edited)
53 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

The show had a last minute Zoom set-up at the start of the year due to another stay-at-home order and the connections were even worse than the prior summer. Loss of ratings definitely bit into the budget, I'm afraid.

I watch The Real and they've come a long way with their Zoom shows. The connections weren't pretty bad and Jeannie Mai had issues with her audio. A year has gone by and they've gotten it together, thank goodness. 

Unless there's a miracle happening behind the scenes we're not privy to, I don't think Aisha will be back. She hasn't even been back as a guest in over a year. 🙁

I remember when Julie said that and I found it tacky. I never liked when hosts on either show shaded the other since it's hard enough out there as women in TV and it's better to lift each other up. Plus, it's never a good move taking potshots because the world of TV is fickle and nothing's guaranteed. The View hosts openly mocked The Talk after the Holly and Leah firing and bragged about keeping the same panel before beginning the merry-go-round of co-hosts. And then The Talk (Sharon and Julie really) took glee in The View's issues only to lose both their jobs and the show is now on the brink of cancellation. Moral of the story: what you put out there is what you get back.

Justin Baldoni didn't add too much to today's show, but he sat there looking damn good (man buns aren't usually my thing, but it works on him) so that's good enough. And I hope they quit with the skits and Jerry shaking his ass. 

It was just infuriating when Julie did  that given that she was on a show modeled after the View, Barbara's baby. You never throw shade on the people who paved the way for you. Remember when  a drunken Sharon on a late night talk show dragged the ladies of the view, I think she also said that they should all f- off.  Not only did CBS apologized for her horrid behavior, she sent flowers to them and had to issue a public apology on the talk. 

Whoopie on the View threw shade on the real and Loni gave her a nice clapback.  She did not disrespect Whoopie or the view, she basically said that she did not appreciate those comments while showing deference to the view.  Whoopie later sent flowers to the ladies with an apology. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Well, we got the show in Cleveland today...and I basically pressed FF through the entire episode. I'm surprised that they (and The View for that matter) haven't brought up the latest Duggar scandal. Instead, both shows went on at length about the Gates breakup. Don't get me wrong, I am sorry that a 25+ year marriage is ending and I feel bad for their kids, but I don't think it was that newsworthy to go on and on about. Again, YMMV.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Whoopie on the View threw shade on the real and Loni gave her a nice clapback.  She did not disrespect Whoopie or the view, she basically said that she did not appreciate those comments while showing deference to the view.  Whoopie later sent flowers to the ladies with an apology. 

Oh man I missed this! Do you remember what Whoopi said? I

(edited)
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

It was just infuriating when Julie did  that given that she was on a show modeled after the View, Barbara's baby. You never throw shade on the people who paved the way for you. Remember when  a drunken Sharon on a late night talk show dragged the ladies of the view, I think she also said that they should all f- off.  Not only did CBS apologized for her horrid behavior, she sent flowers to them and had to issue a public apology on the talk. 

True, but on the other hand you can't openly insult another show for modeling itself after yours and having behind the scenes drama and not expect them to have something to say when you later fall on hard times yourself. Like I said before, the "vs" battle between both shows is/was tired and it's disappointing seeing women feed into the sexist "catfight" mess. You notice the media never speculates on whether or not late night talk show hosts like Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert like each or not despite having the exact same set-up/format. But they'll swear up and down that the women of The View, The Talk and The Real all hate each other because (in their minds) it's impossible for women to work together or compete against each other without wanting to pull each other's hair or gouge each other's eyes out. Unfortunately there were women who did backstab and trash each other, but they weren't the majority thankfully. 

I remember when Loni clapped back and I'm glad she did so in a classy way (hope the link works @RealHousewife): https://www.bet.com/celebrities/news/2018/05/04/the-real-loni-love-throws-throws-shade-whoopi-goldberg-diss.html. I understood Whoopi, Joy and Meghan's points, but it came off as sour grapes to me because both of their rivals won awards over them. I'd feel some type of way too, but I personally wouldn't speak on it publicly. Of course neither show would exist without Barbara's idea for and execution of The View, but neither The Talk or The Real should have to constantly announce that since we already know that.

I noticed they didn't talk about the Duggars yet again, @catlover79. As disgusting as that story is, it's much more interesting than the topics they've been discussing the past two days. 

Just as I suspected the link didn't work. Lol. Here's a functional link to a video about what was said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSno1H0r1cI.

Edited by rmcrae
New link
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I remember when Loni clapped back and I'm glad she did so in a classy way (hope the link works @RealHousewife): https://www.bet.com/celebrities/news/2018/05/04/the-real-loni-love-throws-throws-shade-whoopi-goldberg-diss.html. I understood Whoopi, Joy and Meghan's points, but it came off as sour grapes to me because both of their rivals won awards over them. I'd feel some type of way too, but I personally wouldn't speak on it publicly. Of course neither show would exist without Barbara's idea for and execution of The View, but neither The Talk or The Real should have to constantly announce that since we already know that.

Just as I suspected the link didn't work. Lol. Here's a functional link to a video about what was said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSno1H0r1cI.

Thank you! 💕

I loved Loni's response too. It was perfection. I like all the women's talk shows and think they're all unique. The Talk is cozy. The Real is fun. The View is political. I didn't like Meghan saying other shows don't talk real issues. Like Loni said, The Real does regularly discuss "real issues" and does regularly help out women with REAL problems. A bad day for Meghan is Joy Behar cracking a joke or something political not going her heiress way. The Real gives back to women who actually need help-paying their bills, putting food on the table, taking care of their kids. Meghan claims to care a lot about average Americans, but she rarely really bats for them, only her party.

Even though I typically will watch The View before The Talk because the topics are more time sensitive, I don't always feel good after I watch The View. And if I miss a bunch of shows, they're not enjoyable once the topics are no longer current. With The Talk, even if an episode wasn't the most exciting, I never feel bad or negative. I also enjoy having Talk marathons. It's a positive, uplifting show for women. We need something like this more than ever. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Thank you! 💕

I loved Loni's response too. It was perfection. I like all the women's talk shows and think they're all unique. The Talk is cozy. The Real is fun. The View is political. I didn't like Meghan saying other shows don't talk real issues. Like Loni said, The Real does regularly discuss "real issues" and does regularly help out women with REAL problems. A bad day for Meghan is Joy Behar cracking a joke or something political not going her heiress way. The Real gives back to women who actually need help-paying their bills, putting food on the table, taking care of their kids. Meghan claims to care a lot about average Americans, but she rarely really bats for them, only her party.

Even though I typically will watch The View before The Talk because the topics are more time sensitive, I don't always feel good after I watch The View. And if I miss a bunch of shows, they're not enjoyable once the topics are no longer current. With The Talk, even if an episode wasn't the most exciting, I never feel bad or negative. I also enjoy having Talk marathons. It's a positive, uplifting show for women. We need something like this more than ever. 

You're very welcome, @RealHousewife. 🙂 

• Love 2

I've been disgusted watching The View. I have never been disgusted watching The Talk. Yes, always hated Sharon, but at one time or another disliked the current View hosts. Even Joy. Not a good panel over there and I am done. The Talk had better not be cancelled. At least the current panel are nice women and no backstabbing anymore.

• Love 4
(edited)

Sweet moment between Amanda and (sexy as hell) Justin about how he helped her through her grief over her husband's death. Today's show was slightly less bad than the last two, but nothing special. 

Edited by rmcrae
Today is Cinco de Mayo. Brain fart. Lol.
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/5/2021 at 1:38 PM, rmcrae said:

Sweet moment between Amanda and (sexy as hell) Justin about how he helped her through her grief over her husband's death. Today's show was slightly less bad than the last two, but nothing special. 

Amanda's story was one of the sweetest I have ever heard, and Justin's connection to it made it even that much better. I have thoroughly enjoyed the week so far, though I don't always watch the guests (which is normal for me anyway). Jerry has made me laugh out loud at least once an episode. His comment today about his neighbours worrying that he and his wife aren't having sex was hilarious. 

I am enjoying the male perspective, even when it is wrong. When Justin said that the teacher may have been trying to protect the student by her comment? Ummm, no. As someone who developed large breasts by the age of 13, I have spent a life time trying to find clothes that fit. You cannot help the body you are born with, and that young lady was totally appropriate in her attire. 

And speaking of attire, WTH was Elaine wearing? If she has someone helping her choose wardrobe on the show, they must not like her. She looked like a Guernsey cow today. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Amanda's story was one of the sweetest I have ever heard, and Justin's connection to it made it even that much better. I have thoroughly enjoyed the week so far, though I don't always watch the guests (which is normal for me anyway). Jerry has made me laugh out loud at least once an episode. His comment today about his neighbours worrying that he and his wife aren't having sex was hilarious. 

I am enjoying the male perspective, even when it is wrong. When Justin said that the teacher may have been trying to protect the student by her comment? Ummm, no. As someone who developed large breasts by the age of 13, I have spent a life time trying to find clothes that fit. You cannot help the body you are born with, and that young lady was totally appropriate in her attire. 

And speaking of attire, WTH was Elaine wearing? If she has someone helping her choose wardrobe on the show, they must not like her. She looked like a Guernsey cow today. 

I didn't pay too much attention to Elaine's outfit today (which is rare since I usually notice and like her fashions, but maybe it was that bad and I blocked it out?), but I rolled my eyes when Justin tried playing devil's advocate (or maybe that was his personal belief) by saying the teacher may have been trying to protect the student. Like the girl said herself, stop sexualizing underage girls and don't punish them for being more developed than their female classmates. Then I started feeling guilty because Justin was giving me "Jesus" vibes with his hair down and I was also having not so Christian thoughts about him. I couldn't tell if I was burning with desire or the flames of Hell were threatening to consume me. 😉

I can't wait to see adorable little Elvis on tomorrow's show. 🥰

• LOL 4
On 5/4/2021 at 5:15 PM, Pearson80 said:

What's ironic is that with all that has been happening at this dumpster fire, Goldberg and the rest of the panel have not mentioned Osbourne or any other troubles on this show. They haven't mentioned they are the #1 show in daytime all season long either (though the ads run on ABC promote the show as such). Class act, IMO.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I really enjoyed the Mother's Day show today & Amanda's family (Elvis too).  Also, I'll have a half-dozen Justins.  Just sayin'!!!

Co-sign! 😁 That was so cute when Elvis was more focused on his toy truck than the Sesame Street characters. Lol.

Yesterday was the first time I saw a pic of Sheryl's birth mother. I remember her talking about how much she loved her and tried to do for her as an adult despite the physical abuse she suffered as a child. It's fortunate that Sheryl had the love from her father and stepmother.

New schedule and it looks like Jerry's back but no more hot Jesu- I mean, Justin Baldoni. 😔

Monday - Actor Tom Everett Scott; Jerry O'Connell guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Actor Andrew McCarthy; Jerry O'Connell guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actor Dean Norris; Jerry O'Connell guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Television personality Barbara Corcoran; Jerry O'Connell guest co-hosts.

Friday - Actress Bridget Moynahan; actress Bitsie Tulloch; Jerry O'Connell guest co-hosts.

• Love 4
(edited)

Ugh just turned on today’s show after not watching for awhile and see Jerry is still there. UGH such a try hard. Can’t stand him.

Edited by lgprimes
Typo
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Ugh just turned on today’s show after not watching for awhile and see Merry is still there. UGH such a try hard. Can’t stand him.

They better not be eyeing him (or any man) as a replacement. 

Jay Pharaoh wasn't as manic as Jerry, but he was a meh guest host. Is it really that hard for them to find better people to fill in? 🙄

• Love 5
(edited)

I still get a huge kick out of Jerry. I love his energy and enthusiasm. Even if he's not your cup of tea, hey, at least he's an upgrade from Sharon for almost all of us here!

On 5/6/2021 at 6:33 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Yes, I really enjoyed that story too. Justin is a deep man, really enjoy him.

Jerry is a fool! And I mean that in a good way. 

I'm sure Justin meant well, but agreed. The girl was completely covered. Did the teacher want her dressed in baggy clothes or something? I'd get it if you personally don't feel comfortable in a tight tank top or maybe prefer your daughter to wear something else, but the teacher had some major nerve to comment on that student's attire. Girls that young can already feel awkward being more developed or developing at all. 

Elvis is a little doll. 🥰

Good for Katy Perry not shaving her legs. Men have no idea how much work it is to be a woman. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
(edited)

I continue to tune in for Jerry, as he always manages to crack me up. I loved his comment today about his wife having been married to someone with the initials John Stamos.  Lol. I also enjoy his stories about his kids. I think the panel lacks  depth with three out of four permanent cohosts not having kids. Amanda has Elvis who is cute, but toddlers aren't that interesting. Though I did love that he had no interest in Gail King and the muppets on the Mother's Day show. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I continue to tune in for Jerry, as he always manages to crack me up. I loved his comment today about his wife having been married to someone with the initials John Stamos.  Lol. I also enjoy his stories about his kids. I think the panel lacks depth with three out of four permanent cohosts not having kids. Amanda has Elvis who is cute, but toddlers aren't that interesting. Though I did love that he had no interest in Gail King and the muppets on the Mother's Day show. 

It'd be nice if they hired someone with teenagers or young adult children to give the mom perspective from a different angle. 

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

It'd be nice if they hired someone with teenagers or young adult children to give the mom perspective from a different angle. 

Or someone like Brigitte, whose kids range in age from toddlerhood to over 30!! 😳 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Or someone like Brigitte, whose kids range in age from toddlerhood to over 30!! 😳 

How I wish she'd come on to guest host. *sad sigh* 

Jerry was less annoying today, but Jay Pharoah's Wheel of Impressions (as spot-on as they are) is wearing thin. 

I like it when Sheryl shares stories about her dad. Like the one today about him basically telling Sheryl and her husband to get to steppin' and find a place of their own. He sounded like a loving but firm man. 

• Love 3

I have no idea who Jay Pharoah is, but I assume he is some kind of stand up comedian, as he seems to have mistaken his gig as a guest host as s gig at a comedy club. Jerry is able to be funny while taking part in a conversation with the rest of the co hosts. Jay is annoying AF. I only made it 17 minutes in to Tuesday's show and had to shut off the episode. Not sure if I will watch the rest of the week if AAF is there for the duration. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I have no idea who Jay Pharoah is, but I assume he is some kind of stand up comedian, as he seems to have mistaken his gig as a guest host as s gig at a comedy club. Jerry is able to be funny while taking part in a conversation with the rest of the co hosts. Jay is annoying AF. I only made it 17 minutes in to Tuesday's show and had to shut off the episode. Not sure if I will watch the rest of the week if AAF is there for the duration. 

According to the schedule Justin Baldoni's (aka I'm Hellbound for thinking of him as Hot Jesus) will be guest hosting the rest of the week. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

According to the schedule Justin Baldoni's (aka I'm Hellbound for thinking of him as Hot Jesus) will be guest hosting the rest of the week. 

Thank you Jesus. Or Justin. What a lovely surprise. He is not only hot, but seems like a really nice man to boot. And I think he and Jerry are a good combination of male co hosts. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

If "Hellbound" is a train, I'll need a ticket too.  (We can sit together!!)

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

If "Hellbound" is a train, I'll need a ticket too.  (We can sit together!!)

Sounds like a plan. 😉

I hope we get an update on how Carrie Ann's doing soon. I miss her. 😔

• Love 3

I really love Amanda on this show. When she was talking about being a single mom and not having her partner to pat her on the back and tell her she is doing a good job, I actually teared up a bit. I know she is lucky to have so much help, but being a widow with a young child is difficult, and she faces it with grace. It must be so heartbreaking for her knowing that if her husband had contracted Covid a year later than he did, he likely would have been vaccinated and had few if any symptoms and still be with her and Elvis. 

It was funny when they went to commercial the first couple of times Jerry left his seat to sit in front of Elaine's screen, I guess to visit with her. He really is a sweet man. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I really love Amanda on this show. When she was talking about being a single mom and not having her partner to pat her on the back and tell her she is doing a good job, I actually teared up a bit. I know she is lucky to have so much help, but being a widow with a young child is difficult, and she faces it with grace. It must be so heartbreaking for her knowing that if her husband had contracted Covid a year later than he did, he likely would have been vaccinated and had few if any symptoms and still be with her and Elvis. 

It was funny when they went to commercial the first couple of times Jerry left his seat to sit in front of Elaine's screen, I guess to visit with her. He really is a sweet man. 

Ugh, it's so heartbreaking, isn't it? Amanda's a beautiful person inside and out and will be okay, but I'm sure it's still all so painful. 

I'm with ya on Jerry. He's enthusiastic, funny, and sweet. His wife is a lucky woman. 

9 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I'd help you with that, but Hot Baháʼu'lláh is pretty bad too...

• Love 3
14 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Sounds like a plan. 😉

I hope we get an update on how Carrie Ann's doing soon. I miss her. 😔

Carrie Ann posted on her Instagram story today that she and Fabian have ended their relationship and that she is coping with the pain of the breakup. 

I've been watching the show and off over the years and I'll say this.  I could never stand Sharon so her exit was "byeeeeeeee."  Only to realize what hosts we have left and it's like "the other 3 don't bring much to the table."  I'm hoping Carrie Ann will be back soon but I feel eventually she will have to walk away from this and focus on DWTS.

Jerry O'Connell can be loud and off putting.  But I do think he can be hilarious, strike up conversations easily with guests and with his long and established career, brings energy.  I do think a retooling will be happening soon and he'll be part of that conversation. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Carrie Ann posted on her Instagram story today that she and Fabian have ended their relationship and that she is coping with the pain of the breakup. 

I can't say I didn't see this coming.  I had a feeling Carrie Ann's absence was more than poor health.  Some women put so much of themselves into a relationship (& want it to work SO much), they're devastated when it fails.  I feel bad for Carrie Ann & I'm sorry for the pain she's enduring ,,, no matter what the cause.  (It also puts undue pressure on the guy in the relationship ... just sayin'!)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I feel so awful for her: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/2880330/the-talk-carrie-ann-inaba-split-boyfriend-fabien-viteri/

3 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I've been watching the show and off over the years and I'll say this.  I could never stand Sharon so her exit was "byeeeeeeee."  Only to realize what hosts we have left and it's like "the other 3 don't bring much to the table."  I'm hoping Carrie Ann will be back soon but I feel eventually she will have to walk away from this and focus on DWTS.

Jerry O'Connell can be loud and off putting.  But I do think he can be hilarious, strike up conversations easily with guests and with his long and established career, brings energy.  I do think a retooling will be happening soon and he'll be part of that conversation. 

According to this article, TPTB are interested in hiring Jerry, but Sheryl and Elaine aren't for it: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/2872585/the-talk-replace-sharon-osbourne-jerry-oconnell/. Not sure if any of that is true, but there it is. Jerry's still not my fave and I'm not on board with hiring a permanent male host, but I'll admit that he makes the atmosphere less dry. Sheryl seems to vibe off of him too (which lightens her load a bit), but I'm still holding out for a female host who can bring personality, smarts and humor without any OTT antics. If said candidate can't be found or talked into joining and TPTB had to choose between Jerry and Jenna Dewan, I'd have to go with Jerry. At least he's not boring. 

• Love 3

Personally, I'd rather "take the gas pipe" than let him know how deeply hurt I am.  If she's thinking that he'll come back to her because of how much she loved him, it would only be out of pity & wouldn't last long.  JMHO.

• Love 6