Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Carrie Ann posted on her Instagram story today that she and Fabian have ended their relationship and that she is coping with the pain of the breakup. 

Oh no! Poor thing can't catch a break. I wish health and love. 

• Love 5

If someone would shoot Jerry with a mild tranquillizer dart he'd be a lot more tolerable overall. He's acted like an unmedicated person with ADHD for years. He makes me feel fidgety when seeing him act that way.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

If someone would shoot Jerry with a mild tranquillizer dart he'd be a lot more tolerable overall. He's acted like an unmedicated person with ADHD for years. He makes me feel fidgety when seeing him act that way.

Lol! That's part of his charm. Seems like everyone either loves or hates his energy. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Lol! That's part of his charm. Seems like everyone either loves or hates his energy. 

I don't want him completely calm just half the level of what he is now. It would make him a lot easier to watch and pay attention to....😸

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Jaded said:

I don't want him completely calm just half the level of what he is now. It would make him a lot easier to watch and pay attention to....😸

He seemed more calm today, but Friday's are always taped shows so maybe he'd tuckered himself out by then. 😉

• LOL 6

Next week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Milo Ventimiglia (🥰); actress Denise Richards; Jerry O'Connell and CBS news correspondent David Begnaud guest co-host.

Tuesday - Actors Tim Allen and Nancy Travis; Jerry O'Connell and David Begnaud guest co-host.

Wednesday - Jerry O'Connell and David Begnaud guest co-host. 

Thursday - Singer Jewel discusses the importance of Mental Health Action Day and her non-profit the "Inspiring Children Foundation"; Jerry O'Connell and David Begnaud guest co-host.

Friday - Actress Audra McDonald; actress Michael Michele; Jerry O'Connell and David Begnaud guest co-host. 

• Love 2

I almost don't want to say it in case I jinx it, but Jerry was pretty good today. A lot more calm than usual. I miss hot Jesus, but David Begnaud is good. I thought it was cute when he low-key flirted with Milo Ventimiglia (those legs tho, chile! 😩) about his booty shorts pics. Never watched a single episode of This Is Us, but I could stare at those pics for ages. 😁

• Love 4
6 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Love me some Kim Fields, but I'm confused. Don't you have to pay a shitload of money to sing Happy Birthday on TV? 🤔

I think that copyright or whatever it was,  has finally expired. 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I thought Elaine's expectations of her husband in their marriage were unrealistic & a bit juvenile.  (She wants him to focus on "surprising her forever"!!!)  Gawd!!!

Didn't they just celebrate their one year wedding anniversary like a week ago? Slow ya roll, girl. Lol.

Elaine made me laugh when she said Lauryn Hill's chronic lateness might keep her from being a guest at her hypothetical dinner so she chose Sade instead. Love Sade to death, but you know it would take her decade to show up. 😁

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I thought Elaine's expectations of her husband in their marriage were unrealistic & a bit juvenile.  (She wants him to focus on "surprising her forever"!!!)  Gawd!!!

I often find Elaine irritating, and did during this conversation as well. Being married barely a year, they are still basically newlyweds. Having date nights is hardly a big deal. One of the reasons I like Jerry as a co host is that he has a decently long marriage, as well as kids. And I like his irreverent humor regarding both. But his is also realistic. I also loved Amanda's answer - so level headed. 

The ebb and  flow of a marriage is the best thing about it IMO. I do not need to be "on" all the time, nor does my husband. I like that I can take him for granted at times, and vice versa. I know he always has my back and I have his. That to me is what marriage is - a partnership that sometimes grows and sometimes is stagnant. But all parts are precious.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Elaine made me laugh when she said Lauryn Hill's chronic lateness might keep her from being a guest at her hypothetical dinner so she chose Sade instead. Love Sade to death, but you know it would take her decade to show up. 😁

That's so funny! I haven't been to a Lauryn Hill show, but I'm familiar with her reputation. She's talented and I LOVE live music, but I hate long waits. Sade is like this mystical goddess to me. She's so beautiful, talented, unique, and mysterious. I didn't know she took a long time to show up, but I guess if anyone is going to make me wait, it would be Sade. :)

• Love 3
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

That's so funny! I haven't been to a Lauryn Hill show, but I'm familiar with her reputation. She's talented and I LOVE live music, but I hate long waits. Sade is like this mystical goddess to me. She's so beautiful, talented, unique, and mysterious. I didn't know she took a long time to show up, but I guess if anyone is going to make me wait, it would be Sade. :)

The thing about Sade is she takes her time coming back with new music, but once she and the band are committed to touring, trust and believe, she will show up on time, put on an amazing show worth the $$$ and leave fans clamoring for more. 🥰 Lauryn Hill is super talented, but her ego is beyond out of control. There's no excuse being hours late, but to have an attitude that the handful of fans who've stuck around should feel blessed that you even showed up without so much as an apology is even worse. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, rmcrae said:

The thing about Sade is she takes her time coming back with new music, but once she and the band are committed to touring, trust and believe, she will show up on time, put on an amazing show worth the $$$ and leave fans clamoring for more. 🥰 Lauryn Hill is super talented, but her ego is beyond out of control. There's no excuse being hours late, but to have an attitude that the handful of fans who've stuck around should feel blessed that you even showed up without so much as an apology is even worse. 

I also think she may have had a mental breakdown and has never gotten treatment for it.   She was awesome during her fugee years, then she had an album that went platinum as a solo artist and she has never been the same.. 

• Useful 2
(edited)

@Pearson80 It's sad Lauryn's refusing treatment if she is mentally ill. Especially these days when mental health is being discussed more and there are many resources available. 

Next week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Rebecca Romijn; Jerry O'Connell and Jamie Camil guest co-host.

Tuesday - TV personality Jenny McCarthy Wahlberg; Jerry O'Connell and Jamie Camil guest co-host.

Wednesday - Jerry O'Connell and Jamie Camil guest co-host.

Thursday - Actress and author Yvonne Orji; Jerry O'Connell and Jamie Camil guest co-host.

Friday - Actor Michael Douglas; actress Lana Parrilla; Jerry O'Connell and Jamie Camil guest co-host. 

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I must admit Jerry O'Connell is growing on me ... he's not as much of a screwball as I thought he was ... LOL.

Yay! I enjoy him because it's hard to be sad watching him. He's so exuberant. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I am going to be the lone wolf and say that I don't want the show putting a male co-host on there.  Why can't women have their own spaces?  I will have to pass on Jerry O'Connell being on the show, I cannot stand him because he tries so damn hard.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I am going to be the lone wolf and say that I don't want the show putting a male co-host on there.  Why can't women have their own spaces?  I will have to pass on Jerry O'Connell being on the show, I cannot stand him because he tries so damn hard.

No, you're not a lone wolf here. I don't want a permanent male co-host, either. Jerry seems like a really nice guy, but his frantic energy makes me nervous. It's exhausting watching him. Maybe it's my sensory issues kicking in whenever he's on. This has always been and supposed to be a show for women by women. That is, if CBS doesn't cut its losses altogether.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I'm a Jerry fan, but I hear ya. I love the idea of a show for women featuring all females. It's one reason I haven't stopped watching The View despite Meghan. 

There are some hosts where the consensus is mixed (Jerry, Jodie Sweetin, Rumor Willis), but there are some everyone here likes (Yvette Nicole Brown, Brigitte Nielsen). I wish the powers that be would lurk here and get someone we'd all be excited about. Ideally, there'd be a female who'd add more energy to the show. 

• Love 3
On 5/22/2021 at 1:23 AM, rmcrae said:

@Pearson80 It's sad Lauryn's refusing treatment if she is mentally ill. Especially these days when mental health is being discussed more and there are many resources available. 

Next week's schedule:

Tuesday - TV personality Jenny McCarthy Wahlberg; Jerry O'Connell and Jamie Camil guest co-host.

My listing shows Donnie Wahlberg will be appearing as well to hopefully talk less about how he surprised Jenny on The Masked Singer (SIGH!) and more about how he liked working with Nick Cordero on Blue Bloods so Amanda will need tissues. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

It's telling that he's been the only consistent male guest host this whole month. I'm curious to see if the ratings have improved since he joined. 

Carrie Ann spotted out with the ex: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/2921128/talk-carrie-ann-inaba-fabien-viteri-cozy-reunion-split/.

• Love 1
On 5/23/2021 at 1:13 PM, Pearson80 said:

I agree. This was always setup as a women's show for women. I guess for me, I'd only make the exception for a gay male co-host... *shrug*  Sort of like when Mario Cantone briefly tried to get on The View or when Lance Bass was on Meredith Vieira's show in the second season when she was trying out a panel of people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

When Jerry was talking about his disappointing auditions, I was reminded of when I was in my mid-twenties & left my lyin', cheatin' husband.  The next week I received a plaque in the mail from my Mom.  It had a picture of a sad-looking, big-eyed Cocker Spaniel puppy with his chin on the floor between his paws.  The caption read:  "Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed."  I've still got the plaque & Mom's "wisdom" ... LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

When Jerry was talking about his disappointing auditions, I was reminded of when I was in my mid-twenties & left my lyin', cheatin' husband.  The next week I received a plaque in the mail from my Mom.  It had a picture of a sad-looking, big-eyed Cocker Spaniel puppy with his chin on the floor between his paws.  The caption read:  "Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed."  I've still got the plaque & Mom's "wisdom" ... LOL.

Your mom's the best! 😄

Did Jerry really say his wife shit in the bed? Even if he were joking, I'd be pissed personally. 

• LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

Your mom's the best! 😄

Did Jerry really say his wife shit in the bed? Even if he were joking, I'd be pissed personally. 

Yes she was!!!

Yes he did.  Apparently she "gave" the family food poisoning (if I remember correctly), but she had the worst "outcome"!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
Oops
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I feel like there are some family stories that one should probably maintain a "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" attitude toward, and literally shitting the bed is one of them. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Amanda and Donnie crying over Nick Cordero…ugh, my heart. 

... & then Jerry losing it when talking about what he told his daughters about George Floyd.  Must admit my eyes leaked a bit.

• Love 2

The latter half of today's show was extremely emotional and of course my heart goes out to Amanda over losing Nick and George Floyd's family losing him, but it hurts my heart even more to know little Elvis and George Floyd's kids will grow up without their fathers. They're all blessed to be raised by their other family members who will no doubt share all the stories and videos of their dads, but it's not the same as having them in their lives. 😞 

On 5/24/2021 at 9:39 PM, rmcrae said:

Your mom's the best! 😄

I would be too. I'm a Jerry fan, but he has a pattern of getting TMI. Rebecca is also something of a sex symbol, I'm sure that's the last thing she wants the public hearing. 

• Love 2

Good show today ... they're reeeeeally trying.  I loved seeing Andy Garcia & his daughter.  Anyone else watching Rebel?  I was all ready not to like it, but it sucked me in with the fabulous cast (John Corbett for one), good story & great acting.  Just sayin'.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Morale has apparently sunk even lower since the show was shut out of the Daytime Emmy nominations for the first time in years:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/tv/15067726/the-talk-hosts-snubbed-emmy-nominations-sharon-osbourne-exit/amp/

The View and The Real were snubbed too: https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/05/25/daytime-emmys-shocker-the-view-gets-nothing-for-the-show-or-hosts-first-time-since-1998. I can't say I'm surprised as to why The Talk was snubbed, but I didn't expect the other two panel shows getting passed over. At least Wendy Williams didn't get a nom for best show or host. Lol. 

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I would be too. I'm a Jerry fan, but he has a pattern of getting TMI. Rebecca is also something of a sex symbol, I'm sure that's the last thing she wants the public hearing. 

Exactly. They seem to have a playfully goofy sense of humor with each other, but there should be boundaries imo.

3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Good show today ... they're reeeeeally trying.  I loved seeing Andy Garcia & his daughter.  Anyone else watching Rebel?  I was all ready not to like it, but it sucked me in with the fabulous cast (John Corbett for one), good story & great acting.  Just sayin'.

The promos look good, but Law and Order: Organized Crime (which I'm loving) comes on at the same time so I haven't seen it yet. I'll have to check it out On Demand. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

If Andy Garcia was there to promote it (I didn't watch yesterday) I guess he's hoping that the show can get literally uncancelled at ABC if people watch the remaining episodes.  https://deadline.com/2021/05/rebel-canceled-abc-katey-sagal-krista-vernoff-1234753645/

2 hours ago, mtlchick said:

If Andy Garcia was there to promote it (I didn't watch yesterday) I guess he's hoping that the show can get literally uncancelled at ABC if people watch the remaining episodes.  https://deadline.com/2021/05/rebel-canceled-abc-katey-sagal-krista-vernoff-1234753645/

Well THAT's a major disappointment!!!  It took a while for the show to fill in the lines, but it wasn't boring, that's for sure.  Too bad!!

• Love 1
On 5/25/2021 at 12:01 AM, Zella said:

I feel like there are some family stories that one should probably maintain a "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" attitude toward, and literally shitting the bed is one of them. 

100% agree. People are absolutely classless these days. I can’t tell you how many celebrities have told stories or written about shitting their pants.  It’s disgusting, just stfu😳 Why do some people think bathroom humor is funny? 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Whew! Thanks for all the great notes. Show got mass deleted somehow before I got to watch any of the Sharon mess and beyond. I never picked it back up because I don't know the hosts. 

No problem and glad to see you back over here, @FairyDusted! 😁

• Love 4

Next week's schedule:

Monday - Choreographer and TV personality Derek Hough; singer Paul Stanley; actress Francia Raisa guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Actor Paul Reiser; actress Renee Felice Smith; Jerry O'Connell and Justin Baldoni (🥰) guest co-host.

Wednesday - Actresses Lisa Kudrow and Clea Duvall; chef Gail Simmons; Jerry O'Connell and Jay Pharoah guest co-host.

Thursday - Actor Bradley Whitford; actor Michael Cudlitz; Jerry O'Connell and David Begnaud guest co-host.

Friday - Actress Joan Allen; actor Michael Cimino; Jerry O'Connell and Jamie Camil guest co-host.

• Love 2
On 5/27/2021 at 5:40 PM, chediavolo said:

100% agree. People are absolutely classless these days. I can’t tell you how many celebrities have told stories or written about shitting their pants.  It’s disgusting, just stfu😳 Why do some people think bathroom humor is funny? 

I will never get it. Humans (including women) have their bodily functions. It's natural, yes. Humorous, no. We don't need to share everything with the world either. 

• Love 6
On 5/29/2021 at 12:19 AM, RealHousewife said:

I will never get it. Humans (including women) have their bodily functions. It's natural, yes. Humorous, no. We don't need to share everything with the world either. 

Exactly. Just because toilet humor connects with some immature people out there doesn't mean the rest of us want to hear it. 🤢

Health update from Carrie Ann: https://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/20210527114123/the-talk-carrie-ann-inaba-medical-update-sparks-reaction/. Hopefully she's closer to returning to the show. I wouldn't care if she had to do it from home, I miss having her on. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I actually make a distinction between general bathroom humor and what he said. If his wife had told that story on herself, it would be crude and TMI, but it is her story to tell or not to tell since it is an embarrassing thing that happened to her, not him. Since he is not the one who shit the bed, I think he needs to shut up about it. 

*my phone tried to change this to since he is not the one who shut the bed, I think he needs to shit up. I think my phone hates me. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

I dislike bathroom "humour" as well, even if someone is referring to themselves in the story. That said, I find Jerry hilarious 80 percent of the time. I think he is much funnier than Sheryl, I rarely laugh when she is trying to be amusing. I would have no problem if Jerry were to become a permanent host, as I like hearing the male perspective. And honestly I find Jerry to be warmer and fuzzier than many women. 

I did laugh last week at Elaine's story of wearing her ex boyfriends' underwear, and her husband wondering whose undies were in the laundry. Also funny was the other male co host (who I can't remember the name of off hand) when he wondered how tiny Elaine's ex boyfriends were. Lol. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I'm glad Elaine's back in the studio and not on Zoom. And of course my boo thing (in my crazy head) Hot Jesus made a return. 🥰

I can't imagine Jerry being angry with his kids. Of course he's human and humans feel and express anger from time to time (some more than others), but he seems like he'd be the goofy, fun dad and Rebecca would be the more serious parent who plays "bad cop". 

• Love 6

I wonder if they’re waiting for Carrie Ann to return before they audition female hosts. I truly hope they’re not considering Jerry O’Connell. I can only tolerate him in small doses and my patience with him is wearing very thin.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I wonder if they’re waiting for Carrie Ann to return before they audition female hosts. I truly hope they’re not considering Jerry O’Connell. I can only tolerate him in small doses and my patience with him is wearing very thin.  

Not a huge Jerry fan either, but Jay Pharoah made him seem calm in comparison and the "wheel of Impressions" was just as tired as it was the last time he guest-hosted. 

• Love 4