Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Personally, I could live without Elaine ... she brings fashion to the table, in spades, but that's it!!!  She's nice, but ...

I didn't know a lot about Elaine other than her being a Project Runway judge and Teen Vogue editor before she joined the show, but I read up on her and she seems like a smart cookie who could bring more to the show once it figures out what it wants to be. There were glimpses of it the first month she was on and I hope to see more of it once the show hopefully stabilizes. 

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

TPTB have a hard time finding a balance between Sharon Osbourne and someone who's super nice and agreeable. You can be opinionated and outspoken while still being a wonderful person. If you're very sensitive and scared of ruffling feathers disagreeing with your hosts or getting backlash from the audience, that's when the nice person becomes boring. I don't think a sensitive person would be cut out for the job. I know I couldn't do it.

I still prefer all the nice hosts to Sharon. I like The Talk for the feel good vibes, and we now have that. I just really hope the show makes it. I'm a Jerry O fan, but I understand wanting to keep this a women's show. As a woman who's very interested in female topics and what women have to say regarding them, it's a big part of why I do watch all the women's shows-The Talk, The View, The Real. If anyone has any other similar shows to recommend, please let me know. 

The Talk was a wonderful idea, and there have been so many wonderful episodes. A lot of them have been uplifting and heartwarming. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the show's ratings improve. 

You should definitely check out Loose Women on YouTube. They're a nice mix of serious and light topics and they "row" (as they call arguing across the pond) every now and again, but it doesn't get nasty. On screen, anyway. Lol.

10 minutes ago, Zella said:

I would pay money to watch Sharon hear this news. LMAO

Talk about sweet justice! 😁 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Personally, I could live without Elaine ... she brings fashion to the table, in spades, but that's it!!!  She's nice, but ...

Though neither wear clothes that I would, (or could pull off, at any age!) I actually prefer Amanda's style to Elaine's. The 60s inspired dress that Amanda wore a couple of Monday's ago on her mother's birthday I thought was perfection. 

I wondered why Elaine could not at least join in remotely today. Then tonight on ET I saw there was a story about more people that Chrissy Teigen had bullied including a Project Runway alum. It made me wonder if that is why Elaine was not on, because she did not want to weigh in on the topic. I also thought that Amanda was the most critical of Teigen, the other three were too easy on her. 

I also agreed with Amanda about the Bennifer PDA. I had no idea what the one male host was going on about, and Sheryl just wanted some of Ben for herself. Interesting that they never showed that when Bennifer was busy devouring each other, JLo's kids were right there. A few seconds later in the video it shows her son trying to get her attention.  Not that they aren't old enough to see their mother act like a teenager, but considering she was engaged to someone they were quite fond of a short time ago, not the best parenting example. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Though neither wear clothes that I would, (or could pull off, at any age!) I actually prefer Amanda's style to Elaine's. The 60s inspired dress that Amanda wore a couple of Monday's ago on her mother's birthday I thought was perfection. 

I wondered why Elaine could not at least join in remotely today. Then tonight on ET I saw there was a story about more people that Chrissy Teigen had bullied including a Project Runway alum. It made me wonder if that is why Elaine was not on, because she did not want to weigh in on the topic. I also thought that Amanda was the most critical of Teigen, the other three were too easy on her. 

I also agreed with Amanda about the Bennifer PDA. I had no idea what the one male host was going on about, and Sheryl just wanted some of Ben for herself. Interesting that they never showed that when Bennifer was busy devouring each other, JLo's kids were right there. A few seconds later in the video it shows her son trying to get her attention.  Not that they aren't old enough to see their mother act like a teenager, but considering she was engaged to someone they were quite fond of a short time ago, not the best parenting example. 

My previous knowledge of Chrissy Teigen didn't extend beyond being John Legend's wife who puts her foot in her mouth, but I didn't expect her to be such a shamelessly nasty troll. And her apology was such bullshit. Obviously she had to come up with something to repair the damage to her brand, but she could've saved the "not a day goes by that I'm not ashamed of my awful actions" crap. Not a day since her trolling was exposed is more like it. 

• Love 8
On 6/15/2021 at 7:46 PM, RealHousewife said:

The Talk was a wonderful idea, and there have been so many wonderful episodes. A lot of them have been uplifting and heartwarming. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the show's ratings improve. 

According to reports which were released last week for the all-important "May Sweeps", the show saw a touch of improvement in some of the ratings demos, but not enough to keep it grounded in last place among talk shows. ("The View" lost viewers in certain demos from a year ago, when everyone was staying home with the pandemic, but is still the #1 talk show on daytime TV). 

May sweeps is what the network makes decisions off of this summer on which shows to keep and which to cancel for the Fall, and how much advertisers will be charged for buying 'commercial time'. If CBS, for some ridiculous reason, decides to keep this show going in the Fall, they will probably be losing money since no advertiser is going to pay big bucks for a show which can't get out of last place. 

Interestingly, while daytime talk shows shed viewers during May '21 compared to May '20,  game shows and soaps were up in viewers compared to last year. Networks point out it's because last year during May sweeps game shows and soaps were airing repeats during the pandemic, while talk shows were still airing new content, albeit the hosts were 'remote'.  

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

According to reports which were released last week for the all-important "May Sweeps", the show saw a touch of improvement in some of the ratings demos, but not enough to keep it grounded in last place among talk shows. ("The View" lost viewers in certain demos from a year ago, when everyone was staying home with the pandemic, but is still the #1 talk show on daytime TV). 

May sweeps is what the network makes decisions off of this summer on which shows to keep and which to cancel for the Fall, and how much advertisers will be charged for buying 'commercial time'. If CBS, for some ridiculous reason, decides to keep this show going in the Fall, they will probably be losing money since no advertiser is going to pay big bucks for a show which can't get out of last place. 

Interestingly, while daytime talk shows shed viewers during May '21 compared to May '20,  game shows and soaps were up in viewers compared to last year. Networks point out it's because last year during May sweeps game shows and soaps were airing repeats during the pandemic, while talk shows were still airing new content, albeit the hosts were 'remote'.  

"Ridiculous" or not, there must be a reason beyond blind faith as to why the network's renewed the show for another season. Giving the show another chance isn't a guarantee that it will succeed, but there might be behind the scenes info viewers aren't privy to that might work in turning the show around. A "touch of improvement" doesn't equal success obviously, but it's a start. 

I don't mind Bill Bellamy or David Begnaud, but what's up with the musical chairs of fill-ins? Get hot Jesus back! 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I don't mind Bill Bellamy or David Begnaud, but what's up with the musical chairs of fill-ins? Get hot Jesus back! 

Totally agree!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
Needed to show bolded text ... LOL.
  • Love 1

I loved Sheryl's story about her dad and what a blessing that Paul Stanley's father is 101 and still has "his marbles". I'd hate to live a long life in poor health.

Next week's schedule (for now, anyway):

Monday - Actress Taraji P. Henson; actor Titus Welliver; TV host Debbie Matenopolous and actress Francia Raisa guest co-host.

Tuesday - Actress and singer Miranda Cosgrove; TV host Debbie Matenopolous and former NFL player Victor Cruz guest co-host. 

Wednesday - Actress and screenplay writer Iliza Shelsinger; "Reset for Success" series with bestselling author Shan Boodram; Victor Cruz guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Actress Retta; Victor Cruz guest co-hosts.

Friday - TV host and author Graham Norton; Victor Cruz guest co-hosts.

• Love 2
On 6/14/2021 at 10:07 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Good news (as far as I'm concerned)!!!

Question:  When Sheryl was talking at the beginning of today's show, did anyone else notice the rather large bug crawling up the wall & onto a shelf to her left???  If so, what kind of bug was it??

I noticed it. The bug crawling on the shelves behind Sheryl was much more interesting to watch than listening to her blabber on and on in her NPR voice. 

• LOL 1

Did anyone else notice how quiet Sheryl was during most of the discussions? She's usually the most talkative.

Debbie Matenopolous made me laugh when she referenced her "on the job snafus" during her first major hosting gig. She was definitely ditzy back then (bless her heart), but she was a nervous  youngin' back then. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Did anyone else notice how quiet Sheryl was during most of the discussions? She's usually the most talkative.

Debbie Matenopolous made me laugh when she referenced her "on the job snafus" during her first major hosting gig. She was definitely ditzy back then (bless her heart), but she was a nervous  youngin' back then. 

I didn't really notice, but now that you mention it ...

• Love 1
On 6/15/2021 at 5:28 PM, Medicine Crow said:

...she's as boring as Hell. She makes 'Eve' seem entertaining, and we all know 'Eve' brought a whole new degree of 'boring' to the show. Since CBS has decided to take a gamble and give this show another chance at life for next season, they really need to clean house and get rid of all these hosts. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I didn't really notice, but now that you mention it ...

Not to say that there's something sinister going on behind the scenes (though I'm sure the two bit rags and those who take their every word as gospel would say otherwise), but it's rare for her to be so quiet. I liked how supportive she and the other ladies were when Francia shared that story about how her father's infidelities shaped her own relationships. 

5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m so upset. I didn’t see @rmcrae’s post until now and I missed seeing Titus Welliver on today’s show. I checked their website, but only found the interview with Taraji Henson. 

I checked their YouTube page for it and it isn't there either. Sorry @Mindthinkr. :( 

• Love 2

I can't remember the last time I watched an entire show, and often don't get past the first few minutes if the guest hosts do not interest me. That was the case today, but I was struck by what Amanda said to explain Elaine's absence: "Elaine is off today but we love her and wish her the best". Is she off because she is sick?  Why do they need to wish her the best? Odd, I thought. 

I wouldn't  be surprised if Elaine does not return next season. I don't understand why she was hired if she has to do so many shows remotely. I also don't think the show is going in the direction that Elaine was hoping it would, so I would not be shocked if she did not return in the fall. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Jaded said:

I don't watch regularly so I was wondering why Elaine has been remote so often when I've tuned in more frequently recently.

She's working on Project Runway (I think that's the show) in New York.

• Useful 2
17 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

She's working on Project Runway (I think that's the show) in New York.

Correct. I think that question was asked and answered on the previous page.

I noticed Amanda's awkward "we wish Elaine the best" comment as well yesterday too. Hopefully Elaine doesn't end up leaving, but TPTB knew she would have to be away to film Project Runway in NY for however long when they hired her. It'd be easier if it was done in LA like Dancing with the Stars and this show was more stable, but we'll see. 

• Love 3

Mark McGrath wasn't a terrible bore of a guest host, but not all that interesting either. Neither is Victor Cruz, but (shallow moment) he's nice to look at. And that salsa dance was everything. 😍

Can't say I see any resemblance between Amanda and Deborah Harry, but she reminds me a lot of Dorris Day. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Mark McGrath wasn't a terrible bore of a guest host, but not all that interesting either. Neither is Victor Cruz, but (shallow moment) he's nice to look at. And that salsa dance was everything. 😍

Can't say I see any resemblance between Amanda and Deborah Harry, but she reminds me a lot of Dorris Day. 

Sorry, couldn't resist ... LOL.  (I luuuuved her!!)

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I also had a bit of a crush on Mark, so it's nice seeing him. 

Ditto on Amanda. She's a pretty blonde, but that's about it with her similarities to DH. I too see Doris Day. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Not looking for trouble here, but in two full segments Sheryl faced the two guys (with her back & big hair to Amanda).  Not cute!!!

I couldn't remember Sheryl's wig today (along with most of today's show aside from Mark McGrath getting emotional about his dad), but I remember years ago when Aisha was still a host Sheryl once wore a wig that (bless her heart and soul cus I love her, but) looked like Mo's hair from the Three Stooges. 😔 I don't know what in the world she was thinking, but thankfully she got it together and left said wig wherever she found it. Lol.

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I also had a bit of a crush on Mark, so it's nice seeing him. 

Ditto on Amanda. She's a pretty blonde, but that's about it with her similarities to DH. I too see Doris Day. 

I think Kaley Cuoco is set to play Doris Day in a biopic, but I don't see much of a resemblance. I can't speak on Amanda's acting skills, but she's definitely got the look. 

• Love 3

Next week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Fran Drescher; actor and comedian Bill Bellamy and radio and TV personality Bobby Bones guest co-host.

Tuesday - Actor Tony Hale; Bill Bellamy and Bobby Bones guest co-host.

Wednesday - Reality TV home improvement personalities Drew and Jonathan Scott; Inside Edition host Deborah Norville and Bobby Bones guest co-host.

Thursday - Singer-songwriter Michael Bolton; actor Bill Fagerbakke; Deborah Norville and former NFL player Akbar Gbajabiamila guest co-host.

Friday - Actor Mike Colter; chef Antonia Lofaso; Deborah Norville and Akbar Gbajabiamila guest co-host. 

No idea who Bobby Bones is (name sounds familiar though) and Bill Bellamy was ok guest hosting before, but I like Deborah Norville. *shrug*

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

So,  is she back with Fabien? I hope that she is happy and if this is the man that she wants then I wish her all the best.  Carrieanne has been through so much and I don't want her to get hurt..

Yep. They seem to have reconnected since her leave of absence from the show. Not sure what caused them to split before, but hopefully they can make it this time. She seems more relaxed and in a positive headspace so I guess he's doing something right. 🙂

• Love 3
On 6/25/2021 at 8:53 PM, rmcrae said:

No idea who Bobby Bones is (name sounds familiar though)

He "won" DWTS. I put that in quotes because he was the worst dancer, but apparently has a very large following who voted him through every week.

• Useful 1
On 6/21/2021 at 6:11 PM, tableau vivant said:

...she's as boring as Hell. She makes 'Eve' seem entertaining, and we all know 'Eve' brought a whole new degree of 'boring' to the show. Since CBS has decided to take a gamble and give this show another chance at life for next season, they really need to clean house and get rid of all these hosts. 

Agree. No one’s more boring than Amanda.  I like Cheryl at times and then I think she is Phony at others. They should’ve kept Leah Remini etc. I just peak at the show here & there it really is a mess and needs to go. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, MsTree said:

He "won" DWTS. I put that in quotes because he was the worst dancer, but apparently has a very large following who voted him through every week.

Thanks. I haven't watched DWTS in years so I missed his season. Keeping the worst dancers for laughs while the better contestants were sent packing got old fast for me.

9 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Agree. No one’s more boring than Amanda.  I like Cheryl at times and then I think she is Phony at others. They should’ve kept Leah Remini etc. I just peak at the show here & there it really is a mess and needs to go.

If it continues down this road next season then I agree that it'll need to go. I have to say that I'm shocked Wendy Williams still has a show. With all the mess going on at The Talk at least they're trying to get better (though they need to try harder). Same with the other daytime talk shows. That steaming pile of garbage Wendy "hosts", on the other hand... 🤢

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, rmcrae said:

They seem determined to make this happen no matter how much of a bad move it would be: https://www.etonline.com/media/videos/sheryl-underwood-talks-possibly-adding-some-testosterone-to-the-talk-panel-exclusive.

Men on The Talk wouldn't bother me as much as you guys, but it's really not hard to find outspoken women who'd bring energy and fun to the show. I wish we worked in casting! It's amazing TPTB are so bad at their high paying jobs. 

On 6/15/2021 at 10:31 PM, rmcrae said:

You should definitely check out Loose Women on YouTube. They're a nice mix of serious and light topics and they "row" (as they call arguing across the pond) every now and again, but it doesn't get nasty. On screen, anyway. Lol.

Sorry, thought I responded to this already! I've definitely heard of Loose Women and think that's exactly the kind of vibe The Talk should have. It's all female. It doesn't turn into The View or Real Housewives. But they do have fun topics and debate among opinionated women. From what I've seen, there's no Sharon Osbourne type of person, but there aren't women who super PC and scared of having different opinions either. I like that they openly discuss so many female topics-feminism, sexism, stay at home moms, housewives, breastfeeding in public, dating, chivalry, you name it. If it were on on American TV, I'd totally be a big fan of the show. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Men on The Talk wouldn't bother me as much as you guys, but it's really not hard to find outspoken women who'd bring energy and fun to the show. I wish we worked in casting! It's amazing TPTB are so bad at their high paying jobs.

Sorry, thought I responded to this already! I've definitely heard of Loose Women and think that's exactly the kind of vibe The Talk should have. It's all female. It doesn't turn into The View or Real Housewives. But they do have fun topics and debate among opinionated women. From what I've seen, there's no Sharon Osbourne type of person, but there aren't women who super PC and scared of having different opinions either. I like that they openly discuss so many female topics-feminism, sexism, stay at home moms, housewives, breastfeeding in public, dating, chivalry, you name it. If it were on on American TV, I'd totally be a big fan of the show. 

You can say that again, @RealHousewife. Just choosing to take the hard road. 🙄

You nailed it about Loose Women's vibe. I first heard about them about 10 years ago when I used to watch The View and Whoopi talked about her experience being a guest on their show. I've been watching them on YouTube ever since and wish it aired here. It's so good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

To me, this spells the end of this show more than the drama that happened with Osborne.

I don't know if I fully agree with that since the "she who shall not be named nor missed" drama was a major doozy (to put it lightly), but I don't think hiring a permanent male host is a step in the right direction of saving the show from "crisis mode" either. One thing's for sure, Carrie Ann needs to come back ASAP. I took a look at her Instagram earlier today and she tweeted about The Talk's season renewal so it seems like she will return and it won't be too soon.

The next thing would be choosing better topics and figuring out what kind of show they want to be. This has never been a deep or political show (nor has it ever claimed to be), but they had a better balance of fluffy and slightly serious stories in the past. I'm still disappointed that they haven't talked about Derek Chauvin's sentencing yet. Yes, we're going to hear about the celebs and what they're saying or doing (or who they're rumored to be "doing"), but there are more important issues that can still be touched on. 

I don't want them to "flip the script" and start fighting and calling each other out of their names in a desperate attempt to "make sparks" or anything (I'd flip the channel and never go back if they pulled that), but they need to do something to turn things around for the better. It seems fairly easy yet they're making it so hard. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I don't know if I fully agree with that since the "she who shall not be named nor missed" drama was a major doozy (to put it lightly), but I don't think hiring a permanent male host is a step in the right direction of saving the show from "crisis mode" either. One thing's for sure, Carrie Ann needs to come back ASAP. I took a look at her Instagram earlier today and she tweeted about The Talk's season renewal so it seems like she will return and it won't be too soon.

The next thing would be choosing better topics and figuring out what kind of show they want to be. This has never been a deep or political show (nor has it ever claimed to be), but they had a better balance of fluffy and slightly serious stories in the past. I'm still disappointed that they haven't talked about Derek Chauvin's sentencing yet. Yes, we're going to hear about the celebs and what they're saying or doing (or who they're rumored to be "doing"), but there are more important issues that can still be touched on. 

I don't want them to "flip the script" and start fighting and calling each other out of their names in a desperate attempt to "make sparks" or anything (I'd flip the channel and never go back if they pulled that), but they need to do something to turn things around for the better. It seems fairly easy yet they're making it so hard. 

I also miss Carrie Ann. I have a soft spot for her as a DWTS fan. (I get attached to TV personalities and still miss Tom Bergeron. lol) I really hope the poor thing is feeling better. 

Yes, the topics need to be more juicy! I watch enough news and we already have The View. The Talk doesn't need to get super serious, but less celeb talk would be great. I genuinely just enjoy a good chat. I really love listening to podcasts for this reason. I don't mind the celeb gossip to a degree, just don't want it for the entire show. There are certain celeb topics that are interesting to me, like the Britney one. 

Discussing The Chauvin sentencing would have been great. That was a HUGE story that everyone should care about. Are they ticked it's only 22.5 years and he could get out sooner when he murdered someone? Were they relieved an officer is finally doing time?  So much to discuss. 

Exactly, me neither! Sometimes I'll watch femininity channels on YouTube because even though I watch reality TV and news shows, I do not want that energy all day. I don't miss Sharon's toxicity. I used to watch Wendy, but I stopped watching her too. I want light and fun with positive vibes at the same time. It should really be 4-5 women chatting like girlfriends. When I'm with my friends, we discuss everything. Deeper debates can get a little heated, but it's never ugly. My friends and I have discussed racism many times. We're a diverse group of different colors and experiences, and even when it's gotten tense, no one talks like Sharon. 

• Love 7

According to reports, when Elaine Wallpaper was offered the show she said she would only join  if they changed the focus and talked about 'serious topics' in the headlines. They said OK, and it looks like nothing changed much. No more talk of 'racism' (like when they had the 'very special episode' after Osborne left), no talk of conservative states legalizing voter oppression, no talk of critical race theory - all the serious topics which have been in the headlines the past two months. 

I guess they don't give a crap about Elaine Wallpaper. 

15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I also miss Carrie Ann. I have a soft spot for her as a DWTS fan. (I get attached to TV personalities and still miss Tom Bergeron. lol) I really hope the poor thing is feeling better. 

Yes, the topics need to be more juicy! I watch enough news and we already have The View. The Talk doesn't need to get super serious, but less celeb talk would be great. I genuinely just enjoy a good chat. I really love listening to podcasts for this reason. I don't mind the celeb gossip to a degree, just don't want it for the entire show. There are certain celeb topics that are interesting to me, like the Britney one. 

Discussing The Chauvin sentencing would have been great. That was a HUGE story that everyone should care about. Are they ticked it's only 22.5 years and he could get out sooner when he murdered someone? Were they relieved an officer is finally doing time?  So much to discuss. 

Exactly, me neither! Sometimes I'll watch femininity channels on YouTube because even though I watch reality TV and news shows, I do not want that energy all day. I don't miss Sharon's toxicity. I used to watch Wendy, but I stopped watching her too. I want light and fun with positive vibes at the same time. It should really be 4-5 women chatting like girlfriends. When I'm with my friends, we discuss everything. Deeper debates can get a little heated, but it's never ugly. My friends and I have discussed racism many times. We're a diverse group of different colors and experiences, and even when it's gotten tense, no one talks like Sharon. 

Judging from this latest pic from her Instagram Carrie Ann seems to be feeling better: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQq3MrWho_s/. I'm hoping we finally get confirmation of her return after the 4th. 

Girl, maybe they could make a new show and hire some of us here. 😁 I know what you mean about the "chatting like girlfriends" appeal. That's what drew me to the first season of The Talk (little did we know about the toxicity behind the scenes at the time) and The Real. The latter is similar to how I am with my friends.

Still no talk about Derek Chauvin, but they'd better not avoid this Bill Cosby story. Talk about some bullshit. 😡

• Love 6

I knew they'd have to talk about Bill Cosby and I'm glad Deborah Norville was there to break down exactly why he was released. Sheryl was playing devil's advocate (which is used rarely most of the time), but I know it had to be hard for her since she's a survivor of rape/sexual abuse herself. 

Much props to Janet Hubert aka the original Aunt Viv on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air for calling out Phylicia Rashad's moronic tweet yesterday: https://news.yahoo.com/janet-hubert-slams-phylicia-rashad-145313994.html.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I knew they'd have to talk about Bill Cosby and I'm glad Deborah Norville was there to break down exactly why he was released. Sheryl was playing devil's advocate (which is used rarely most of the time), but I know it had to be hard for her since she's a survivor of rape/sexual abuse herself. 

Much props to Janet Hubert aka the original Aunt Viv on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air for calling out Phylicia Rashad's moronic tweet yesterday: https://news.yahoo.com/janet-hubert-slams-phylicia-rashad-145313994.html.

What's up with Phylicia Rashad? I was a big fan of hers growing up, but I lost a lot of respect for her. 

Ditto on props to Janet Hubert. She's always been so real. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

What's up with Phylicia Rashad? I was a big fan of hers growing up, but I lost a lot of respect for her. 

Ditto on props to Janet Hubert. She's always been so real. 

Same here. I get that she wants to support her friend and all, but that tweet was so unnecessary. Privately call him up on the phone and say it if you're not prepared for the justified backlash your comment will no doubt recieve. 

I like Janet's honesty too. Plus her ability to own her mistakes and apologize. Like this incident with Aisha Tyler back in 2013: https://madamenoire.com/276881/yo-weave-woman-angry-aunt-viv-goes-off-on-another-talk-show-host/. Janet sent Aisha flowers along with an apology not too long after which was nice.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Same here. I get that she wants to support her friend and all, but that tweet was so unnecessary. Privately call him up on the phone and say it if you're not prepared for the justified backlash your comment will no doubt recieve. 

I like Janet's honesty too. Plus her ability to own her mistakes and apologize. Like this incident with Aisha Tyler back in 2013: https://madamenoire.com/276881/yo-weave-woman-angry-aunt-viv-goes-off-on-another-talk-show-host/. Janet sent Aisha flowers along with an apology not too long after which was nice.

Exactly.

Aww, that's so sweet! I was a huge fan of hers as the OG Aunt Viv. 

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I will never understand why every thought has to be tweeted to the world.  Then when the backlash comes they act all surprised and hurt.  What the hell did you expect?  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

OG aunt Viv was the best. I’m still mad she got fired!

I wonder if Phyllisia Rashard will get fired? 

Some students and alumni at Howard University want her fired as a dean: https://news.yahoo.com/howard-students-alumni-furious-phylicia-191315944.html.

4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I will never understand why every thought has to be tweeted to the world.  Then when the backlash comes they act all surprised and hurt.  What the hell did you expect?  

Exactly. I guess they're so used to living in their little bubble that they think they're above criticism. How quickly they learn when they step in it. 

I preferred Janet as the OG Aunt Viv too, @RealHousewife. Daphne Reid tried her best, but Janet owned that role.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I preferred Janet as the OG Aunt Viv too, @RealHousewife. Daphne Reid tried her best, but Janet owned that role.

Janet imbued aunt Viv with a sensuality tenderness toughness and grace that Daphne never could capture with her version of Aunt Viv.. Plus, Janet had such a presence that commanded your attention while Daphne was wall paper... That dance number that Janet's aunt Viv did was spectacular..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6