Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

I miss the Will Smith from back in the day.  The larger than life movie star who was on top of the freaking world.  I loved that guy!  Too bad he seemingly traded all of that in to instead naval gaze and self-analyze every single thought that has ever entered his head with his equally insufferable windbag of a wife.  Will Smith before Jada reminds me of Brad Pitt before Angelina.  Will Smith with Jada reminds of Brad Pitt with Angelina.  Joyless and miserable.  It must be exhausting to be in a marriage where there is so much time spent on constantly over-indulging each other's every thought and move with endless psychobabble.  Prison indeed, cripes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe he sees divorce as a failure.

I think you are correct. He has commented multiple times before that he considers his first marriage ending in divorce a personal failure. 

• Love 4
On 9/28/2021 at 4:37 PM, rmcrae said:

I noticed Folake Olowofoyeku aka Abishola covered up her tatas when they came back for the second segment of the interview. I know this is a tv show and not church, but girl! There's a time and a place and this ain't it. Lol.

Tyra's always been an attention seeker so her donning one of Lady Gaga's old get-ups didn't surprise me.

I got where Amanda was coming from today when she said her Broadway career isn't as big of an advantage for her on DWTS. The girl's got skills, but it doesn't mean she can slay every dance style under the sun. It's like with singing. Someone can possess a powerful, fantastic voice that works wonders in a soul or rock setting, but isn't as captivating in a country or jazz song. 

I liked the discussion about separating the music from the artist in the case of R. Kelly, because it was refreshing to hear Sheryl's somewhat opposing side rather than the usual "I agree" chorus. 

I am so sick of Will and Jada Smith talking about their open marriage for the billionth time. First they went on and on about all the hot sex they were having all over the place and now it's about Jada's "entanglement" with that rapper and Will entertaining the idea of getting a haram. Get entangled with a dozen rappers and get a haram with 100 women, 3 zebras and a monkey. Keep it to yourself already.

I was actually always a Tyra fan. I think she's drop dead gorgeous, an intelligent business woman, and love that she has a personality. BUT, I'm still ticked about Tom's firing, and I think Tyra can't fill his shoes. Her ensembles are distracting too. 

I relate to Amanda as far as Michael Jackson. I did grow up listening to some R. Kelly, but it's not like he was my favorite artist; that was Michael. Some people say he's longer here, so listening to his music isn't the same as supporting an artist who's alive. But then is it weird if he's your favorite music artist of all time? I wouldn't want someone to think I'm okay with the stuff that was in the documentary. 

YES about Sheryl! I like it when someone respectfully disagrees. Jerry also made a comment about being glad he's not the only one to not be cool with the open marriage thing. There's so much pressure these days to be okay with anything, but as long as you're polite about your views, I want to hear them all! Sitting there all saying oh how lovely to everything would be boring. I think lately they've had a good balance. We don't tune in for a mean gossip show, but juicy topics with honest opinions? Hell yes. 

I used to really root for Will and Jada because I grew up a huge Will Smith fan and love that a couple in Hollywood has been together so long. But I really wouldn't care if they announced a divorce at this point. Again, if their marriage works for them, that's their business. But I don't look at them with the same awe I did years ago. I initially thought the open marriage stuff was gossip.  

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really enjoying the show lately. I'm not into sports so I had never heard of Akbar, but I think he's doing a good job. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6

I never actually saw Tyra, even though I watched Project Runway (love Tim Gunn) until the year Christian Siriano won (love him too).  I just got tired of the process.  Tyra was on a couple of time as a guest & I had no opinion about her.  She is definitely dropping the gloves!!!

• Love 3
On 9/29/2021 at 6:42 PM, RealHousewife said:

I was actually always a Tyra fan. I think she's drop dead gorgeous, an intelligent business woman, and love that she has a personality. BUT, I'm still ticked about Tom's firing, and I think Tyra can't fill his shoes. Her ensembles are distracting too. 

I relate to Amanda as far as Michael Jackson. I did grow up listening to some R. Kelly, but it's not like he was my favorite artist; that was Michael. Some people say he's longer here, so listening to his music isn't the same as supporting an artist who's alive. But then is it weird if he's your favorite music artist of all time? I wouldn't want someone to think I'm okay with the stuff that was in the documentary. 

YES about Sheryl! I like it when someone respectfully disagrees. Jerry also made a comment about being glad he's not the only one to not be cool with the open marriage thing. There's so much pressure these days to be okay with anything, but as long as you're polite about your views, I want to hear them all! Sitting there all saying oh how lovely to everything would be boring. I think lately they've had a good balance. We don't tune in for a mean gossip show, but juicy topics with honest opinions? Hell yes. 

I used to really root for Will and Jada because I grew up a huge Will Smith fan and love that a couple in Hollywood has been together so long. But I really wouldn't care if they announced a divorce at this point. Again, if their marriage works for them, that's their business. But I don't look at them with the same awe I did years ago. I initially thought the open marriage stuff was gossip.  

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really enjoying the show lately. I'm not into sports so I had never heard of Akbar, but I think he's doing a good job. 

I'm liking Akbar too. It helps that he has some broadcasting experience, but I still wish they had a proper moderator.

And I also wish they'd move on from certain topics. The Real airs opposite them in my area now (damn you Nick Cannon!) and I flipped over there when they were talking about their favorite coffee for National Coffee Day. I flipped back to The Talk after nearly 5 minutes and they were still talking about coffee. Keep it movin', people!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I like her, but I wish we could have seen her as a guest host prior to the announcement just to see if there is chemistry with the other hosts. 

I didn’t see anything about a start date. Is she starting immediately or will it be in a few weeks?

I did some Googling and every article I've come across doesn't have a start date. 

I remember seeing Natalie as a "Top Talker" for a brief segment once or twice back in the Julie days, but not as a proper guest host so I'm also curious to see how she fits with the others. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I did some Googling and every article I've come across doesn't have a start date. 

I remember seeing Natalie as a "Top Talker" for a brief segment once or twice back in the Julie days, but not as a proper guest host so I'm also curious to see how she fits with the others. 

I'm sure she'll be great!!  Experience-wise, she makes Julie look like dog meat (just sayin')!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm sure she'll be great!!  Experience-wise, she makes Julie look like dog meat (just sayin')!

I just remembered that she took over Billy Bush's seat when he left Access Hollywood Live. I didn't watch it often, but remember Natalie doing a good job there. 

ETA: The Hollywood Reporter claims Natalie will be leaving NBC in a few weeks: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/natalie-morales-leaves-nbc-news-1235024202/

Edited by rmcrae
New info
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actresses Tichina Arnold and Beth Behrs.

Tuesday - Actresses Jorja Fox and Paula Newsome.

Wednesday - Actor Aldis Hodge (🥰); author Tabitha Brown.

Thursday - Actor Jason Isaacs; actress Yara Martinez.

Friday - Actress Jennifer Tilly; actress Tawny Newsome.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I can't wait for her to sit with the rest of the group.  She's fabulous & I know she will contribute a lot to the show!!!

Hopefully her professional moderating skills will stabilize the panel and relieve some of the pressure from the others. 

52 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm glad Amanda danced first tonight (cuts down on remote battery wear & tear).  She did well (3x8) but I'm not impressed with her partner.

Loved Amanda's dance too, but (and I can't believe I'm saying this since I cannot stand the woman, but fair is fair) Kenya shouldn't have been in the bottom two tonight. She did a much better job than I thought she would thus far.

• Love 3

I really wish they were keeping the co hosts to the present configuration. They get along really well and I think it is a good mix. I hope they don't lose that with adding another host. 

Random thoughts as I have watched sporadically over the last week:

How does Shemar Moore keep getting better with age? Such a gorgeous man, and nice guy. 

I am with Akbar and Jerry in that I have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones. Funny that Amanda loves it so much, but the shows fans really do seem fanatical. 

I absolutely loved Sheryl today asking when the "Woop your child for slapping a teacher challenge" was going to begin. I would have given her a standing O myself, but a kitty was lying on my leg, so I didn't want to disturb him. 

• Love 2

New week's schedule:

Monday - The Talk welcomes new co-host Natalie Morales; actor Scott Foley.

Tuesday - Actress Jenna Elfman.

Wednesday - TV host Phil Keoghan.

Thursday - Actors Utkarsh Ambudkar and Rose McIver.

Friday - Actor Dermot Mulroney.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

New week's schedule:

Monday - The Talk welcomes new co-host Natalie Morales; actor Scott Foley.

Tuesday - Actress Jenna Elfman.

Wednesday - TV host Phil Keoghan.

Thursday - Actors Utkarsh Ambudkar and Rose McIver.

Friday - Actor Dermot Mulroney.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's show.

• Love 2

CBS did a great job on the "bits" for Natalie & nice to see Jorja "back in action".  Natalie seemed comfortable, as did the rest of them.  Jerry was a scream in that pink jumpsuit & Akbar's reaction was so funny.  I think they got off to a good start & if personalities don't start clashing (& I don't know who would), Natalie is waaaaay more qualified than Julie ever was!!  Just sayin'!!!

• Love 5

Great show today! Natalie sat in that seat and was running things like she'd been there forever. None of the awkward "getting to know you" interaction like before. Hopefully the show's ratings continue to increase. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Great show today! Natalie sat in that seat and was running things like she'd been there forever. None of the awkward "getting to know you" interaction like before. Hopefully the show's ratings continue to increase. 

While I had misgivings as I thought the 4 co hosts were handling the show just fine and meshing well, Natalie does bring a certain polish to the show. I like that they still had the other hosts introducing topics, etc. as I would not have liked it had Natalie came in on day one and totally taken over those duties. 

I have never watched an episode of the Kardashians, and haven't watched SNL in decades, so have no opinion on Kim hosting. However she could not have been as funny as Jerry was wearing a version of her outfit. The high heels just killed it for me. Jerry remains my fav co host - I love a man who doesn't take himself seriously, but still contributes thoughtful opinions on any subject. He is the star of the show for me. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

While I had misgivings as I thought the 4 co hosts were handling the show just fine and meshing well, Natalie does bring a certain polish to the show. I like that they still had the other hosts introducing topics, etc. as I would not have liked it had Natalie came in on day one and totally taken over those duties. 

I have never watched an episode of the Kardashians, and haven't watched SNL in decades, so have no opinion on Kim hosting. However she could not have been as funny as Jerry was wearing a version of her outfit. The high heels just killed it for me. Jerry remains my fav co host - I love a man who doesn't take himself seriously, but still contributes thoughtful opinions on any subject. He is the star of the show for me. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Jerry! I adore his goofy ass. I bet there's never a dull moment at the O'Connells. 

I'm really enjoying the show lately. Had no idea what to expect of Akbar, but I really like him! Of course Sheryl Talk royalty. Amanda is a beautiful girl inside and out. Natalie is like Akbar for me in that I don't know much about her but she seems very promising. 

Here's to hoping the show and its ratings continue to get better!

• Love 6

Like, I had mentioned earlier and always thought they (the show) needed someone with a news background when Julie left. We can all debate how much knowledge Julie or Natalie have in that field but it always seemed necessary for this show. I guess it’s the Barbara Walters school of training. LOL!!! I happen to catch it today and it looked like Natalie was moderating the whole show. Since I haven’t watched since Julie left I don’t know if the current host take turns taking the lead but I liked how Natalie kept the show moving. She’s been doing this type of genre for 20 + years and it shows. Does anyone know if the current host take turns “moderating” this show?

• Useful 1

I know I swore I never said I'd talk about the Witch again, but here she goes bitching and moaning to Megyn Kelly about the "big ole meanies" on The Talk for not having her back and resurrecting her claim that Sheryl was sent to anger management (three times instead of one like she said before) for mistreating producers: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3845452/sharon-osbourne-claims-talk-sheryl-underwood-sent-anger-management/

I also hope the ratings continue to improve and the record can show that they never needed her in order to make it. 

• Love 6
On 10/11/2021 at 3:31 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Natalie Morales is the official moderator of the show - like Julie Chen.  They lured her away from The Today Show.  The Talk needs someone with her journalism background.  The View has Sara Haines.  Sonny Hostin is an attorney.  Whoppi is an EGOT winner.  Ana Navarro is a political commentator.

Edited by escape
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, escape said:

Natalie Morales is the official moderator of the show - like Julie Chen.  They lured her away from The Today Show.  The Talk needs someone with her journalism background.  The View has Sara Haines.  Sonny Hostin is an attorney.  Whoppi is an EGOT winner.  Ana Navarro is a political commentator.

I only started watching the show when Marie Osmond came on. I assume the moderator at that time was Carrie Ann? I haven't watched the View in many years. since the Whoopi/Rosie days. Also not sure what a "moderator"'s official duties are but it seems like the other hosts are still introducing guests (Jerry did yesterday, Amanda did today).  In any case the hosts seem to be meshing well, and I am totally enjoying having two male co hosts. They make the show for me, especially Jerry. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, escape said:

Natalie Morales is the official moderator of the show - like Julie Chen.  They lured her away from The Today Show. The Talk needs someone with her journalism background.  The View has Sara Haines.  Sonny Hostin is an attorney.  Whoppi is an EGOT winner.  Ana Navarro is a political commentator.

Natalie said she wanted to do something different after working for NBC for over 20 years so I don't know about them "luring her away". NBC's loss is certainly this show's gain though. 

2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I only started watching the show when Marie Osmond came on. I assume the moderator at that time was Carrie Ann? I haven't watched the View in many years. since the Whoopi/Rosie days. Also not sure what a "moderator"'s official duties are but it seems like the other hosts are still introducing guests (Jerry did yesterday, Amanda did today).  In any case the hosts seem to be meshing well, and I am totally enjoying having two male co hosts. They make the show for me, especially Jerry. 

Carrie Ann shared moderating duties with Sara during Sara's last season and fully took over after she left. Me personally, the best moderator of all the panel talk shows was and always will be Meredith Vieira. I liked her almost conversational way of introducing topics instead of simply reading off the teleprompter, making sure everybody had their chance to give their view and (best of all) play devil's advocate when necessary. I've seen some good mods out there, but none as skilled as her imo.

Back to this show, I think they should have two, maybe three at most, hosts conduct the interviews. Like they did in season 1. It's unnecessary having all of them do it.

• Love 8
On 10/12/2021 at 10:50 PM, rmcrae said:

I know I swore I never said I'd talk about the Witch again, but here she goes bitching and moaning to Megyn Kelly about the "big ole meanies" on The Talk for not having her back and resurrecting her claim that Sheryl was sent to anger management (three times instead of one like she said before) for mistreating producers: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3845452/sharon-osbourne-claims-talk-sheryl-underwood-sent-anger-management/

I also hope the ratings continue to improve and the record can show that they never needed her in order to make it. 

Go away Bitch! she is still awful and playing the angry Black woman card against Sheryl.. It is interesting that she said that she knew ugly things about Les Moonves... Sharon will look the other way if it benefits her, pathetic!

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Go away Bitch! she is still awful and playing the angry Black woman card against Sheryl.. It is interesting that she said that she knew ugly things about Les Moonves... Sharon will look the other way if it benefits her, pathetic!

Exactly. And her painting herself as the benevolent friend who came to Sheryl's defense only for Sheryl not to have her back (kiss her ass and cape for her) was particularly nauseating. I hope Sheryl's able to let that BS wash off her back and pay it no mind.

• Love 7

New week's schedule:

Monday - TV host Meredith Vieira (🥳).

Tuesday - Actors Nicholas L. Ashe, Omar J. Dorsey and Kofi Siriboe; actors Kimberlin Brown and Sean Kanan.

Wednesday - Actor Taylor Kinney.

Thursday - Actress Quvenzhane Wallis.

Friday - Singer Olivia Newton-John; actor Montana Jordan.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, rmcrae said:

New week's schedule:

Monday - TV host Meredith Vieira (🥳).

Tuesday - Actors Nicholas L. Ashe, Omar J. Dorsey and Kofi Siriboe; actors Kimberlin Brown and Sean Kanan.

Wednesday - Actor Taylor Kinney.

Thursday - Actress Quvenzhane Wallis.

Friday - Singer Olivia Newton-John; actor Montana Jordan.

In a world full of Katie Courics, be a Meredith!

• Love 8

I had a good laugh when Meredith's cat flicking it's tail in her face and she tried covering it's behind from the camera. 😄 I can't believe her younger son Gabe is married now. I remember when he and his siblings were little munchkins doing kid segments on The View like it was yesterday.

I missed the first couple minutes of today's show, but did they congratulate Eve on her pregnancy? I know Sheryl's the only who worked with her, but it would be nice if they gave Eve and her hubby a shout-out.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Elaine announced her pregnancy today - on The Drew Barrymore show. I think it’s very telling that she did not make an appearance on The Talk to make this announcement. 

I forgot Elaine and her husband are expecting as well. Congrats to them! I'm not surprised she didn't announce it on The Talk since she was a co-host for just 6 months or so and she was reportedly unhappy with the producers following the drama. 

• Love 4

Another good thing about the new panel is Jerry and Sheryl make me laugh. Like today on the floor posing. Lol They are both very funny people. I wish Aisha could be there for all this instead of dealing with the former cohost most of us are glad is finally gone.

• Love 4

Today a Olivia Newton-John was on and she is still as beautiful, funny & nice as she has always been. She needs to market the rainbow sweater she was wearing that her friend designed for her. She would make million$. 

Also, Natalie is what this show needed. It’s so less annoying and the guys are a great addition, too. I think they have a winning formula going until Sheryl Underwood gets jealous of Natalies popularity and causes a ruckus and quits. LOL!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Today a Olivia Newton-John was on and she is still as beautiful, funny & nice as she has always been. She needs to market the rainbow sweater she was wearing that her friend designed for her. She would make million$. 

Also, Natalie is what this show needed. It’s so less annoying and the guys are a great addition, too. I think they have a winning formula going until Sheryl Underwood gets jealous of Natalies popularity and causes a ruckus and quits. LOL!!!!

I agree with everything you said except about Sheryl.  I'm sure she knows she has a good gig (now) & isn't going to do anything to wreck it.  I'm loving the show!!!

• Love 4
On 10/21/2021 at 7:45 PM, rcc said:

Another good thing about the new panel is Jerry and Sheryl make me laugh. Like today on the floor posing. Lol They are both very funny people. I wish Aisha could be there for all this instead of dealing with the former cohost most of us are glad is finally gone.

3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I agree with everything you said except about Sheryl.  I'm sure she knows she has a good gig (now) & isn't going to do anything to wreck it.  I'm loving the show!!!

Exactly. I think the addition of Natalie has finally taken the load of carrying the show last summer off of her shoulders. She seems even more relaxed and like her old self these days.

• Love 4

I'm a bit behind, but I have also really been enjoying the show. It is a quality show again. There's energy, laughter, and every host is likable. I think it's the only chat show I watch where there's a mixed group of men and women, and to be honest I like it. I did initially tune into because it was a women's show, but it's nice getting male perspectives. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm a bit behind, but I have also really been enjoying the show. It is a quality show again. There's energy, laughter, and every host is likable. I think it's the only chat show I watch where there's a mixed group of men and women, and to be honest I like it. I did initially tune into because it was a women's show, but it's nice getting male perspectives. 

I only started watching The Talk when Marie Osmond joined, though I had tried a few times previously but felt that I didn't gel with the hosts, if that makes any sense. Lol. I absolutely love the show now though. As you have said, all the hosts are likeable, and it is obvious they also like each other. It can be light hearted or serious, but no matter what the topic I love the perspectives of all of the hosts. Does anyone know how the ratings are? It would really be nice to see a quality show with nice and respectful hosts rewarded. Also maybe the producers have learned their lesson about interfering and bullying the hosts. Lets hope so. 

• Love 5

New week's schedule:

Monday - TV journalist Lesley Stahl.

Tuesday - Actress Alyssa Milano.

Wednesday - Actress Yvette Nicole Brown (🥰).

Thursday - The hosts celebrate Sheryl's birthday with comedian Deon Cole, funk music group Kool and the Gang and audience giveaways for community service leaders.

Friday - The show celebrates Halloween with the "Talk-tacular All Star Halloween Bash" when the hosts transform into music and sports icons; singer Paula Abdul; TV hosts Kevin Frazier and Matt Iseman; themed audience giveaways.

• Love 3

I missed the last few shows, but caught Sheryl's birthday celebration today which was fun. Love Kool and the Gang and the love Sheryl got on her big day. I bet Endora was sitting in her dungeon watching and seething. ;) 

• LOL 5

Hope everybody had a good Halloween. 🙂

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Gary Cole.

Tuesday - Actress Justine Bateman.

Wednesday - TV personality Andy Cohen.

Thursday - TV personality Dr. Phil (🤢).

Friday - Actor and author Kal Penn.

• Love 3