Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

New week's schedule:

Monday - Celebrating Valentine's Day with Raven-Symone and her wife, Miranda Pearman-Maday; broadcast journalist Tony Dokoupil; news anchor Katy Tur.

Tuesday - Pre-empted by UEFA Champions League game.

Wednesday - Pre-empted by UEFA Champions League game. 

Thursday - The hosts celebrate Jerry O'Connell's birthday with an 80's themed party; singer Sheila E performs (🥳).

Friday - Actress Anna Chlumsky. 

• Love 3

I watch the show sporadically, but must say that I loved Jerry's birthday celebration today. It was so nice that the producers went all out for it, he deserves it. I really think that Jerry was the catalyst for the start of the turnaround for the show. 

The clothing was  hilarious, and reminded me of the awful fashions of the 80s. The details were fantastic, right down to Natalie's fanny pack. So funny.

I love that Jerry and his wife are such animal lovers. Unlike Jerry's mother, 6 dogs and 5 cats (or was it the other way around?) sounds like heaven to me. And that they rescue animals in need makes me respect them even more, as opposed to buying purebreds. 

In any case the show was great, and Jerry was very deserving of the celebration. He is such a kind and funny guy. I also loved that he danced in the audience at the end. I have noticed that often when they go to commercial break and are still showing the set while commercials are on, Jerry is up and interacting with the crew and or the audience. No one else does that.  He is a gem. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I watch the show sporadically, but must say that I loved Jerry's birthday celebration today. It was so nice that the producers went all out for it, he deserves it. I really think that Jerry was the catalyst for the start of the turnaround for the show. 

The clothing was  hilarious, and reminded me of the awful fashions of the 80s. The details were fantastic, right down to Natalie's fanny pack. So funny.

I love that Jerry and his wife are such animal lovers. Unlike Jerry's mother, 6 dogs and 5 cats (or was it the other way around?) sounds like heaven to me. And that they rescue animals in need makes me respect them even more, as opposed to buying purebreds. 

In any case the show was great, and Jerry was very deserving of the celebration. He is such a kind and funny guy. I also loved that he danced in the audience at the end. I have noticed that often when they go to commercial break and are still showing the set while commercials are on, Jerry is up and interacting with the crew and or the audience. No one else does that.  He is a gem. 

I agree. Jerry is very good for this show. Sometimes he is a bit too manic though. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, rcc said:

I agree. Jerry is very good for this show. Sometimes he is a bit too manic though. 

His energy works a lot better on a panel show like The Talk so there are others to keep him from getting too out of line. He can get kind of overwhelming when hosting a show by himself. I like him though and have for a loooong time. When I think about how long I start to feel old...🙃

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I didn't see the entire show on Thursday, but did catch Sheila E teaching Jerry how to play the drums which was funny.

Speaking of feeling old, I can't believe My Girl came out 31 years ago (damn those bees! 😪). Anna Chlumsky looks the same. 

• Love 1

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Jenna Dewan.

Tuesday - Show pre-empted by coverage of the UEFA Champions League Today games.

Wednesday - Pre-empted show.

Thursday - Actress Shay Mitchell.

Friday - Chefs Joe Reale and Meredith Tipping serve up New England clam chowder for the hosts to judge.

• Love 2

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Noah Mills; Blake Bolden, the first Black American women's professional hockey player.

Tuesday - Actor Thomas Middleditch.

Wednesday - TV personality Rachael Ray.

Thursday - Actor Jason Clarke.

Friday - "The Talk's Food Face-Off" competition continues with chefs from two cities making a signature dish to be judged by the hosts.

• Love 1
(edited)

I tuned in yesterday  saw Sheryl and she looked so great. 

I love the show's new energy but I miss Carrie anne though. I think she would have cliqued with this group.

Sharon Osbourne and her odious daughter are still trashing the show and Sheryl.  I wish that they would both go away.  Sharon is blessed with millions so she will never be without. Not too many people who have ever lost a job could say that.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
On 3/1/2022 at 11:13 AM, Pearson80 said:

I tuned in yesterday  saw Sheryl and she looked so great. 

I love the show's new energy but I miss Carrie anne though. I think she would have cliqued with this group.

Sharon Osbourne and her odious daughter are still trashing the show and Sheryl.  I wish that they would both go away.  Sharon is blessed with millions so she will never be without. Not too many people who have ever lost a job could say that.. 

Imagine Carrie Ann and Jerry cutting up together. Lol.

I saw Sharon's comment to TMZ on (soon to be Sherri Shepherd's) Wendy's show this morning and just 🙄. TBF she was asked about it, but it wouldn't have killed her to just say she wouldn't be interested in coming back (as if CBS would ever entertain the idea) and keep it moving, but she's too bitter and nasty for that. Good riddance, Elphaba. 😁

• Love 4

New week's schedule:

Today : Actors Jake Johnson and Ophelia Lovibond.

Tuesday and Wednesday - Show pre-empted by the UEFA Champions League game.

Thursday - Actress Pamela Adlon.

Friday - The Talk celebrates its 2500th episode with actor Shemar Moore; surprise celebrity appearances and DJ Ms. Nix.

Hopefully Sara and Aisha pop in on Friday's show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Seann William Scott.

Tuesday - Actress Octavia Spencer.

Wednesday - The Talk celebrates Amanda's birthday; actor Zach Braff; Andy Grammer performs; dancers Alan Bersten and Emma Slater perform.

Thursday & Friday - show preempted by the NCAA Basketball tournament. 

• Love 1

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Rocky Carroll; The Bold and the Beautiful cast members Katherine Kelly Lang, John McCook, Don Diamont and Jack Wagner; Margaret Cho guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Actress Keke Palmer; Deon Cole guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actress Rosario Dawson; actor Pablo Schreiber (🥰); Russell Peters and Aida Rodriguez guest co-host.

Thursday - Actor Dominic Cooper; Fran Drescher and George Wallace guest co-host. 

Friday - Actress Daniela Ruah; chefs Joe Duff and Craig Blondis make smoked chicken wings for the hosts to judge; Kym Whitley and Earthquake guest co-host.

• Love 1

New week's schedule:

Monday - Choreographer Paula Abdul guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Game show host and actress Jane Krakowski; Paula Abdul guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Journalist Katie Couric; Paula Abdul guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Actor John Cho; Paula Abdul guest co-hosts.

Friday - Actor Josh Lucas; author Michelle Hord; Paula Abdul guest co-hosts.

• Love 1

I have been hit or miss on watching lately though thoroughly enjoy the show when I do have time to watch, I have tuned in the last two days to get the hosts' take on the whole Will Smith debacle. Both days have been great IMO, and I especially have found Sheryl's comments as a  comedian enlightening. 

I loved today's comments from pretty much all of the hosts that Smith's "apology" sounded like it was written by a lawyer, and that it should have been a video taped apology. Mind you Smith is an actor so he could have faked sincerity, but as Jerry said the written statement basically did not convey remorse (my words). 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Just out of curiosity, what was her take? 

I almost need to watch it again, because there were so many good comments from all of the hosts. Two things I remember Sheryl taking about specifically, One was that as a stand up comic she is now afraid that someone may take exception to a joke she makes and storm the stage (to paraphrase). Kathy Griffin said the same thing the day after the assault. The fact that the academy did nothing when it happened, or even after, certainly does not look good. And the longer they take to give Smith some form(s) of punishment, the worse they look.

Sheryl also said that what bothers her is that everyone is talking about Will Smith, and no one is wondering how Chris Rock is doing. She if very bothered by that, as he is the one who was assaulted. Amanda pointed out that Chris has yet to make a statement, but it does not mean that people cannot express concern over how he is. I hope he is busy writing a ton of Will and Jada jokes for his upcoming tour, Apparently ticket sales have gone through the roof since Sunday night, 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I almost need to watch it again, because there were so many good comments from all of the hosts. Two things I remember Sheryl taking about specifically, One was that as a stand up comic she is now afraid that someone may take exception to a joke she makes and storm the stage (to paraphrase). Kathy Griffin said the same thing the day after the assault. The fact that the academy did nothing when it happened, or even after, certainly does not look good. And the longer they take to give Smith some form(s) of punishment, the worse they look.

Sheryl also said that what bothers her is that everyone is talking about Will Smith, and no one is wondering how Chris Rock is doing. She if very bothered by that, as he is the one who was assaulted. Amanda pointed out that Chris has yet to make a statement, but it does not mean that people cannot express concern over how he is. I hope he is busy writing a ton of Will and Jada jokes for his upcoming tour, Apparently ticket sales have gone through the roof since Sunday night, 

Thank you--that makes a lot of sense coming from a standup background. You always hear about hecklers but not really anyone getting violent with comedians.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Too bad I didn't check this thread, I would've liked to have seen how Paula would've done on this show.

I thought she did a wonderful job! I didn't know she had such a great sense of humor. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Miranda Cosgrove; Grammy Awards highlights.

Tuesday & Wednesday - Show pre-empted by UEFA Champions League Soccer game.

Thursday - Actor Pete Holmes; actors Asher Grodman and Richie Moriarty ("Ghosts").

Friday - Actor Jay Rodriguez; a pie competition. 

• Love 1

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Jamie Lee Curtis.

Tuesday & Wednesday - Show pre-empted by UEFA Champions League Soccer Game.

Thursday - Actor Wil Wheaton; actors Adhir Kalyan and Parker Young.

Friday - Actor Mark Wahlberg; actress Elisha Cuthbert.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, answerphone said:

Any clues why Akbar was missing during Mark Wahlburg’s interview? 🤔

It must've been pre-recorded on one of his days off training with the WWE in Florida.

• Useful 1

New week's schedule:

Monday - TV personality Randy Jackson; actors Peter Bergman and Susan Walters.

Tuesday - Actress Jodie Sweetin.

Wednesday - Actor Dule Hill.

Thursday - Actors Brandon Scott Jones, Danielle Pinnock and Roman Zaragoza.

Friday - The Talk's "Food Face Off" competition series continues with Minneapolis vs Virginia burgers.

• Love 3

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Joan Collins.

Tuesday and Wednesday - Show pre-empted by the UEFA Champions League Soccer games.

Thursday - Actor Lamorne Norris.

Friday - Actor Tom Cavanagh; chefs Karie Myers and Jeanette Lieber make pancakes to be judged by the hosts.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Joan Collins.

Tuesday and Wednesday - Show pre-empted by the UEFA Champions League Soccer games.

Thursday - Actor Lamorne Norris.

Friday - Actor Tom Cavanagh; chefs Karie Myers and Jeanette Lieber make pancakes to be judged by the hosts.

Thank you!

Joan Collins is an an icon. That should be an interesting interview. She's 88 now!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Thank you!

Joan Collins is an an icon. That should be an interesting interview. She's 88 now!

You're very welcome, @RealHousewife! 🙂

6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Did anyone catch what Amanda had written on her jacket?

The interview with Joan Collins was cut short for a Sheryl Underwood commercial for Metamucil ... LOLOLOL.

5 hours ago, rcc said:

Stupid Sheryl "infomercial". Not funny at all. Dame Collins was a very good interview.

I saw most of the Joan Collins interview (which was really good), but I missed the Metamucil commercial. Sounds like I didn't miss anything there. Lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Kate Bosworth; The Talk celebrates Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.

Tuesday - TBA.

Wednesday - Show pre-empted by UEFA Champions League game.

Thursday - Celebrating Mother's Day with actress Rebecca Romijn; surprise giveaways and an audience full of moms.

Friday - Celebrating host Akbar Gbajabiamila's birthday; singer Montell Jordan performs.

• Love 2

I was trying to figure out today’s interview with Jerry and his wife Rebecca. Sometimes, they seemed close and sometimes not. 

There was a surprisingly long segment regarding her ex (John Stamos). 

I wonder why? It seems to me that would be very awkward. 😵💫

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, answerphone said:

I was trying to figure out today’s interview with Jerry and his wife Rebecca. Sometimes, they seemed close and sometimes not. 

I caught the last few moments so I missed that part. What did she say about him? 

9 hours ago, GloccaMorra said:

Looks like 'The Trainwreck', I mean 'The Talk' was completely snubbed by yesterday's Daytime Emmy nominations. 

The awards show that hasn't been regularly televised the last five or six years? Oh, well. 

Natalie cracked me up with her "awkward mom" dance during Montell Jordan's performance. Lol.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 2

The awards show that hasn't been regularly televised the last five or six years? Oh, well. 

Yes, that one (not sure what having it regularly televised or not has to do with anything, but...).  That's the award show voted on by the television academy which they were snubbed - not one nomination. The voters are smart. 

2 hours ago, GloccaMorra said:

Yes, that one (not sure what having it regularly televised or not has to do with anything, but...). That's the award show voted on by the television academy which they were snubbed - not one nomination. The voters are smart. 

Seems like not having it televised every year like all the other awards shows means it might be losing its relevance. I don't care about any award shows so they're all irrelevant to me anyway. The show's been renewed for another season so they (The Talk) are probably more focused on continuing to improve rather than smarting over being shut out of the awards. 

Also this is the same awards show that nominated the dreck that used to be The Wendy Williams Show the last few years so I personally wouldn't call them "smart", but different strokes, I guess. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GloccaMorra said:

Thanks for the articles. I might watch a few minutes here and there while channel surfing, but I can't remember the last time I've watched an entire ceremony of any of them. 

• Love 1

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Melanie Lynskey.

Tuesday - Singer Meghan Trainor.

Wednesday - Actor Titus Welliver.

Thursday - Race car driver Samantha Tan.

Friday - The hosts go camping in the great outdoors; TV host Phil Keoghan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

New week's schedule:

Monday - Singer Nicole Scherzinger; Ali Wentworth guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Actress Lily Rabe; Jenna Dewan guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actor Courtney B. Vance.

Thursday - Actress Renee Elise Goldsberry; Jerry O'Connell shines a spotlight on fashion designer Kovid Kapoor for Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.

Friday - Actor Milo Ventimiglia (🥰); chefs Joe Sheena and Andy Brown make pizzas to be judged by the hosts.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, answerphone said:

Where did they film the camping segment?   It looked so staged and where’s that beautiful waterfall located?

I missed most of Friday's show, but caught the bit at the end where they walked back to "civilization" and it kinda looked like it might've been shot at the studio's back lot. 

On 5/6/2022 at 12:04 AM, answerphone said:

I thought the interview was so awkward. I wondered if they just had a fight but trying to get along for the sake of the interview or something. I am a Jerry fan and hope all is well with him and Rebecca. 

Yeah "I know his body." Jerry literally said, getting awkward! Haha

• Love 1

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Max Greenfield.

Tuesday - Actors Tzi Ma and Olivia Liang.

Wednesday - Comic Jay Pharoah.

Thursday - Actor Glen Powell (🥰); Jerry O'Connell shines a spotlight on fashion designer Kovid Kapoor.

Friday - Actor John McCook; chefs Walt Kunimitsu and Julian Kegel make dishes to be judged by the hosts.

• Love 2

Hope everybody's been enjoying their Memorial Day/Victoria Day weekend! 🙂

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Thomas Jane; actor Michael Mealor.

Tuesday - Actress Angie Harmon.

Wednesday - Actor Eugenio Derbez; Rabbi Steve Leder.

Thursday - Actress Simone Missick; Jenna Dewan guest co-hosts.

Friday - Actor Matt Iseman; Arlan Hamilton, founder of Backstage Capital.

• Love 2