Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

On 10/28/2021 at 5:07 PM, rmcrae said:

I missed the last few shows, but caught Sheryl's birthday celebration today which was fun. Love Kool and the Gang and the love Sheryl got on her big day. I bet Endora was sitting in her dungeon watching and seething. ;) 

It was a fun show. 

I've been in the shoes of the sibling people think is younger despite being older. Compliment for me, but my sister gets super upset.

• Love 3
On 10/31/2021 at 10:52 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Looks like a good week ... definitely watching Monday ... love Gary Cole!!

I loved him as Mike Brady in the Brady Bunch movies. 

8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It was a fun show. 

I've been in the shoes of the sibling people think is younger despite being older. Compliment for me, but my sister gets super upset.

Lol. Is there a big age gap? 

• Love 2

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Bill Pullman.

Tuesday - Actress Lena Waithe.

Wednesday - Actor David Alan Grier.

Thursday - Game show host Drew Carey; The Talk celebrates Veteran's Day.

Friday - Actor Larenz Tate.

• Love 2

I have been catching up on PVR'd shows from last week and yesterday, and watched today until the guest, who I do not know. I have enjoyed the shows, other than seeing the Smiths in three different segments over 6 shows. The Talk really needs to give Will and Jada less (read no) air time no matter what the topic. 

Loved the Bill Pullman interview yesterday, I have had a crush on him since While You Were Sleeping. I have watched the previous seasons of The Sinner, and didn't realize a new season had started. I will watch this week even though it is episode 5, just because I love Lunenberg (and Bill of course), and watch the whole series later. 

I loved the hosts imitating Lada Gaga - hilarious. I have been wondering how the rating are doing - glad to see the show is getting the attention it deserves. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I hope what they're saying about Sheryl is wrong!!  She doesn't deserve the criticism & I'm pretty sure she's happy to have the job.  Just sayin'!!

Sheryl has always been my least favourite host in the time I have watched. I think she may have gotten her nose out of joint if she was not consulted, but I also think she is smart enough to know that if Natalie has brought up the ratings, she should be thanking her. I think of all the hosts Sheryl likely needs the job the most. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Sheryl has always been my least favourite host in the time I have watched. I think she may have gotten her nose out of joint if she was not consulted, but I also think she is smart enough to know that if Natalie has brought up the ratings, she should be thanking her. I think of all the hosts Sheryl likely needs the job the most. 

Ditto!!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I am too!

And I enjoy all the hosts. They all bring something imo. Jerry does make me laugh the most. 

There is nothing sexier to me than a man that is funny. I love Jerry! Today he had me howling when he said that if Mick Jagger wanted his wife, he would also have to take the cats, kids, dogs. etc. I thought it was hilarious as I think that happens quite often IRL, where the person is all hot for someone, and further down the line realizes that they also come with a whole lot of other "stuff".

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

A well-known actress said the she & her husband would never split because neither of them wanted the kids!!  I think it was Mary McCormack from In Plain Sight???

I never had, or wanted, kids. So many guys told my husband how lucky he was that I did not have kids -lol. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I have been catching up on PVR'd shows from last week and yesterday, and watched today until the guest, who I do not know. I have enjoyed the shows, other than seeing the Smiths in three different segments over 6 shows. The Talk really needs to give Will and Jada less (read no) air time no matter what the topic.

This! I've been tired of hearing about the Smith's and their "unconventional marriage"/swinging talk for a long time. Get up to whatever you want in your bedroom, car, kitchen, backyard, etc. Just keep it to yourself. 

4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I hope what they're saying about Sheryl is wrong!!  She doesn't deserve the criticism & I'm pretty sure she's happy to have the job.  Just sayin'!!

I think that's just gossip fueled by the eternally pressed Witch and her tabloid buddies. The hosts would be falling over themselves kissing her ass if she were still there, but everyone's on the same level now and the mood is genuinely relaxed. I bet Sheryl was relieved to turn the reins over to Natalie. Especially now that the ratings have improved. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

There is nothing sexier to me than a man that is funny. I love Jerry! Today he had me howling when he said that if Mick Jagger wanted his wife, he would also have to take the cats, kids, dogs. etc. I thought it was hilarious as I think that happens quite often IRL, where the person is all hot for someone, and further down the line realizes that they also come with a whole lot of other "stuff".

Same! Pete Davidson prompted the funny being sexy discussion in a recent episode. Let's just say I TOTALLY get the Pete Davidson thing. He's hilarious, and I love that he pokes fun at himself too. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Same! Pete Davidson prompted the funny being sexy discussion in a recent episode. Let's just say I TOTALLY get the Pete Davidson thing. He's hilarious, and I love that he pokes fun at himself too. 

That's funny, because I have never understood how Pete Davidson gets all these women, but I know nothing about him including that he is funny. So now it makes total sense. And yes, I do love a man who pokes fun at himself. 

I remember not knowing much about Keith Urban years ago when he started judging on AI. I started watching again at that time because of Harry Connick Jr, but totally fell in love with Keith. Not because he was funny, but because he was just the sweetest guy. Jerry for me is the combination of sweet and funny. And he is pretty cute too. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

That's funny, because I have never understood how Pete Davidson gets all these women, but I know nothing about him including that he is funny. So now it makes total sense. And yes, I do love a man who pokes fun at himself. 

I remember not knowing much about Keith Urban years ago when he started hosting AI. I started watching again at that time because of Harry Connick Jr, but totally fell in love with Keith. Not because he was funny, but because he was just the sweetest guy. Jerry for me is the combination of sweet and funny. And he is pretty cute too. 

He's also rumored to be well hung so I guess there's that too. 😉 

Seriously though, you could be the finest walking on two (or three) legs and blow it all to hell with an ugly attitude or vapid personality. A good sense of humor is incredibly sexy. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Seriously though, you could be the finest walking on two (or three) legs and blow it all to hell with an ugly attitude or vapid personality. A good sense of humor is incredibly sexy. 

Yes. He said he's not, that it just looked big in Ariana's tiny hands. 😂

• LOL 6
47 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

So, who are we talking about here, Keith or Jerry?  Asking for a friend!!!

• LOL 3

Natalie did the sweetest & kindest gesture I've seen on T.V. in a long while.  During the second segment, they had been talking about condoms & young people having sex.  Sheryl talked about when she was abused as a young child & was emotional when Natalie ended the segment by telling Sheryl she was sorry that happened to her.  When they went to break, Natalie was out of her chair so fast (she looked like she'd been shot out of a cannon) to go to Sheryl & hug her.  So nice!!!

• Love 7

I think hiring Natalie is what the show needed. It needed an anchor. No pun intended. It looks like the show has found a nice balance with the new additions and with the men. If there ain’t too much drama behind the scenes it could run quite a good while. It’s a good gig and I’m sure it pays well. Why not let it ride out. This is the where The View ran in to problems. They were like that in their original format but they had so many host turnovers and changes in the format it wasn’t fun anymore.  I thought Akbar Gbaja-Biamila looked especially put together today. They seem to have good dressers and/or stylists for them. 

• Love 8

I loved that sweet moment between Natalie and Sheryl too, @Medicine Crow. My heart hurts for Sheryl when she opens up about her childhood sexual abuse. 

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actor John Goodman.

Tuesday - Television host Deborah Norville.

Wednesday - Actress Christina Ricci; Amanda's Dancing With the Stars dance partner Alan Bersten.

Thursday - Actors Don Johnson and Cheech Marin.

Friday - TBA.

• Love 3
On 11/12/2021 at 4:42 PM, ByaNose said:

I think hiring Natalie is what the show needed. It needed an anchor. No pun intended. It looks like the show has found a nice balance with the new additions and with the men. If there ain’t too much drama behind the scenes it could run quite a good while. It’s a good gig and I’m sure it pays well. Why not let it ride out. This is the where The View ran in to problems. They were like that in their original format but they had so many host turnovers and changes in the format it wasn’t fun anymore.  I thought Akbar Gbaja-Biamila looked especially put together today. They seem to have good dressers and/or stylists for them. 

That was a lovely moment. I was off last Thursday, and decided to check out the latest incarnation of The Talk. Wow, what a change. Everyone seems so much more relaxed and like their having fun.

• Love 5

The first commercial break on today's show shrunk the commercial screen while showing them setting up for the next segment (interviewing the engaged couple from the Adele special) in the bottom left corner. I don't recall them ever doing that before, so it must be something new they're trying out during the live shows.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

The first commercial break on today's show shrunk the commercial screen while showing them setting up for the next segment (interviewing the engaged couple from the Adele special) in the bottom left corner. I don't recall them ever doing that before, so it must be something new they're trying out during the live shows.

I flipped over after watching the first segment of The Real (which needs to go back to its original time slot, but I digress) and wondered what was going on. 

It was nice seeing John Goodman promoting The Conners, but I'd like to see Sara come back as a guest. She hasn't been on since last season. 

• Love 3

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Taye Diggs; chef Scott Conant.

Tuesday - Singer Ashanti; Nene Leakes guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actress Helen Mirren (🥰); actress Piper Perabo; Nene Leakes guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Repeat of Natalie Morales's hosting debut with actor Scott Foley.

Friday - The Talk pre-empted by CBS Sports. 

• Love 2

I'm with Jerry on romantic and people who get married lots of times. I used to not refer to myself as a romantic, but honestly, I think it's because I have a different view of it. In order for me to feel special and loved, I have to feel well, special and loved. Not like I'm your thing of the moment and one of many you've been in love with and do things for. When you "fall in love" all the time and have had many marriages, is that even really that romantic? I think we have different views of what's romantic. Romantic to me is genuinely loving someone to pieces, through thick and thin. Not being able to live without someone. Going out of your way for them, through sickness and health. It doesn't mean showy gestures, good times, and tons of marriages. J.Lo's love life is a far cry from The Notebook to me, which is indeed super romantic. To each his own though. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm with Jerry on romantic and people who get married lots of times. I used to not refer to myself as a romantic, but honestly, I think it's because I have a different view of it. In order for me to feel special and loved, I have to feel well, special and loved. Not like I'm your thing of the moment and one of many you've been in love with and do things for. When you "fall in love" all the time and have had many marriages, is that even really that romantic? I think we have different views of what's romantic. Romantic to me is genuinely loving someone to pieces, through thick and thin. Not being able to live without someone. Going out of your way for them, through sickness and health. It doesn't mean showy gestures, good times, and tons of marriages. J.Lo's love life is a far cry from The Notebook to me, which is indeed super romantic. To each his own though. 

I'm with you on that, @RealHousewife. I don't mind a showy gesture every now and again, but constantly proving your love by buying material things as opposed to truly being there with and for me means nothing to me after awhile. 

3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OUR AMERICAN FRIENDS!!!

Thanks and Happy Belated Canadian Thanksgiving to you and your fellow Canandians, @Medicine Crow! 😁

47 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! The Talk bunch are some of my favorite people on here. You are all so nice. ❤️

Happy Thanksgiving, @RealHousewife and my fellow Talkers! 😊

That pic of a shirtless Jerry dancing with Piper Perabo on the set of Coyote Ugly was sexy as hell! 😍

• Love 5

Hope everyone had a great holiday. 🙂

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Vanessa Lachey.

Tuesday - Giving Tuesday; actress Kristin Chenoweth.

Wednesday - Actor Bradley Whitford.

Thursday - Actor and singer Skylar Astin.

Friday - Singer and author Lauren Aliana; the ten hottest gifts of the season for an audience of teachers. 

• Love 2

Is it me or has Sheryl slimmed down quite a bit lately? She looks fantastic. She's still toddling along in those heels. I was worried she'd fall down when they walked over to the table for Jerry's back hair removal. Lol. 

• Love 3