Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

New week's schedule:

Monday - Host Natalie Morales' "Caliente Cincuentanera" birthday celebration with Academy Award-winning actress Rita Moreno; rapper Flo Rida performs.

Tuesday - Actor Mike Colter.

Wednesday - Actor Toheeb Jimoh.

Thursday - TBA.

Friday - Actress Vanessa Bayer; The Talk continues its "Pride Month: Game Changers" series with cheerleaders on the world champion Los Angeles Rams cheer team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress and producer Melissa McCarthy and her cousin Jenna Peruisch.

Tuesday - Actor Aasif Mandvi.

Wednesday - Actor Ben Falcone.

Thursday - Actress Bryce Dallas Howard; The Talk's "Pride Month Game Changers" series continues with comedian Robin Tran.

Friday - The Talk celebrates Father's Day with the cast of "Father of the Bride" including Gloria Estefan, Andy Garcia, Adria Arjona and Diego Boneta.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Today, Akbar said it was his wife's 40th birthday & then went on to say his son was 21.  Did I mis-hear???

21? His oldest son looks like he's no older than 12 or 13. 

No amount of money in the world would entice me to set cockroaches loose in my house. 🤢

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I didn't like the way Sheryl leaned over & spoke with the financial advisor in a way no one else could hear.  Like her concerns were paramount & no one else mattered.  You could tell that Jerry & Natalie wanted to know what was being said.  Very selfish!!!

• Love 1

These two clips from Twitter add up to about 12 minutes which is probably how long she was on. Their interviews don't usually seem to last that long usually. The episode is also up on CBS.com  where I was able to pretend to watch the start of it without being signed in.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I was looking forward to Bryce Dallas Howard's interview, but today's show was pre-empted by the Jan 6th hearings. Any Canadian viewers catch it? 

Yes, I saw her here.  As always, she's such a charming guest & chock full of great stories.  (Too bad!)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Thanks, @Jaded and @Medicine Crow

Speaking of guests, we'll be seeing a former original co-host return after 11 years on Monday.... Holly Robinson Peete! 🥳 She's promoting a new TV movie. I bet the Witch will be watching... and seething. 😁

She has been in the news moaning about her poor husband who will have neck surgery. Who cares! Yay to Holly being back.

• Love 3
On 6/17/2022 at 6:34 PM, rcc said:

She has been in the news moaning about her poor husband who will have neck surgery. Who cares! Yay to Holly being back.

I hope that Holly's return might encourage Leah Remini to come back as a guest. Imagine the both of them coming back together. It'd make the Red Wench's head explode. 🤯😄

New week's schedule:

Monday - The Talk's original host Holly Robinson Peete returns to discuss her new television movie (🥰); Juneteenth celebrated with acclaimed chef Millie Peartree with her special cookout menu.

Tuesday - Actor and author David Duchovny.

Wednesday - Actor Adam Scott.

Thursday - Actor and comedian Rob Corddry; The Talk's "Pride Month Game Changers" continues with Sameer Jha, founder of the Empathy Alliance.

Friday - Actors Lil Rel Howery and son Judah Howery; Entertainment Tonight hosts Kevin Frazier and Nischelle Turner discuss co-hosting the upcoming Daytime Emmy Awards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, rcc said:

Good to see Holly back. Now it's Leah's turn. And it's nice the two backstabbers have been kicked off the show since then.

Agreed! Holly looked fab and it almost felt like she hadn't been gone for over a decade. I'd love to see her back as a guest host. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Agreed! Holly looked fab and it almost felt like she hadn't been gone for over a decade. I'd love to see her back as a guest host. 

Holly's firing was always a mystery to me.  I did not see the show but how was Holly on the show.  How did she gel with Sheryl? I bet you the ladies had lunch with drinks to gossip about Sharon..

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

Holly's firing was always a mystery to me.  I did not see the show but how was Holly on the show.  How did she gel with Sheryl? I bet you the ladies had lunch with drinks to gossip about Sharon..

Holly was the most polished host next to Julie (though less robotic) imo. I initially tuned into the show specifically for her. She was funny, relatable and down to earth. Why she was fired has remained a mystery to the rest of us as well, but I suspect that her loyalty to Leah after she was let go played a part in it. Leah was fired shortly after the season wrapped, but they held Holly on a string until a week or so before they came back for season 2. Then pretended neither ever existed on the show until now.

Holly was fired by the time Sheryl joined the show, but I bet they had some Red Wench stories to swap too. "Girrrrl, let me you about the time she came dressed as Dolly Parton for our Halloween show. She'd 'forgotten' to take her meds and cussed out the crew and threw one of her falsies over the studio gate!" (True story BTW). 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Amanda introduced a woman in the audience as her Mother-in-Law from Canada.  I didn't know Nick was Canadian!  (Just looked him up on Wiki & sure enough, he's from Hamilton, Ontario.)

Edited by Medicine Crow
Research
  • Useful 1

Next week's schedule: 

Monday - Actress Eva Mendes.

Tuesday - Actor Joel Kim Booster.

Wednesday - Actor Chace Crawford.

Thursday - Actor Danny Trejo.

Friday - Actress Karen Gillan; chef Jet Tila.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Happy belated Canada Day 🇨🇦 and Happy 4th of July 🇺🇸 everybody! 

Got the new week's schedule: 

Monday - Actor Kelsey Grammer; comic Cristela Alonzo.

Tuesday - Actors Tom Hopper and David Castaneda; TV host T.J. Lavin.

Wednesday - Actress Lana Condor; former professional basketball player Robert Horry guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Actor Joe Manganiello (😍).

Friday - Actress Lisa Kudrow; chefs Jim Pittenger and AJ Ruberti; singer Ray J guest co-hosts.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

Happy belated Canada Day 🇨🇦 and Happy 4th of July 🇺🇸 everybody! 

Got the new week's schedule: 

Monday - Actor Kelsey Grammer; comic Cristela Alonzo.

Tuesday - Actors Tom Hopper and David Castaneda; TV host T.J. Lavin.

Wednesday - Actress Lana Condor; former professional basketball player Robert Horry guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Actor Joe Manganiello (😍).

Friday - Actress Lisa Kudrow; chefs Jim Pittenger and AJ Ruberti; singer Ray J guest co-hosts.

Thank you for the schedule. :)

Happy belated Canada Day and Happy 4th to all! Please stay safe. :)

I'm looking forward to the Kelsey Grammar interview. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I haven't watched this for awhile so I had no idea men were also cohosts now.

Has that affected the vibe of the show in a positive or negative way?

I was apprehensive about having male co-hosts at the beginning, but I think Jerry and Akbar have been good additions. I like hearing the male perspective on certain issues.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I was apprehensive about having male co-hosts at the beginning, but I think Jerry and Akbar have been good additions. I like hearing the male perspective on certain issues.

Do you think the View would benefit from a male co host

I say this as someone who was initially pretty pissed they hired male hosts (not because I'm opposed to men but just because I felt like it was really at odds of the original vision for the show), I think it's less of a male/female thing and more of a personality thing.

I think the show had a really toxic presence in Sharon Osbourne and removing her from the equation and replacing her with people who are not a pain in the ass backstage does wonders for the show's dynamic. Likewise, with The View, which I admit I don't watch but do follow when it gets mired in controversy--I don't think it would benefit from a man so much as it would probably benefit from a less dramatic personality who is a team player, which could be someone of any gender. 

• Like 4

New week's schedule: 

Monday - Actress Vivica A. Fox; Lisa Ann Walter and Finesse Mitchell guest co-host.

Tuesday - Actor George Takei; CBS lead national news correspondent David Begnaud guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actor Dave Coulier; former NBA basketball player and sports commentator Robert Horry guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Actress Nikki Glasser; "Tips from The Talk" series continues with Dr. Kellyann Petricci discussing nutrition; Kim Coles (🥰) guest co-hosts.

Friday - Actress Daisy-Edgar Jones; actor, director and writer Cooper Raiff; Kim Coles guest co-hosts. 

• Thanks 1
On 7/10/2022 at 10:14 PM, rmcrae said:

New week's schedule: 

Monday - Actress Vivica A. Fox; Lisa Ann Walter and Finesse Mitchell guest co-host.

Tuesday - Actor George Takei; CBS lead national news correspondent David Begnaud guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actor Dave Coulier; former NBA basketball player and sports commentator Robert Horry guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Actress Nikki Glasser; "Tips from The Talk" series continues with Dr. Kellyann Petricci discussing nutrition; Kim Coles (🥰) guest co-hosts.

Friday - Actress Daisy-Edgar Jones; actor, director and writer Cooper Raiff; Kim Coles guest co-hosts. 

I was really looking forward to seeing today's show because I luv, luv, luv, David Begnaud (also like George Takei).  Very disappointing!!!  It was a rerun with the Queen Sugar guys.  Just an alert.  Sheryl is so silly when there are good looking guys on the show (pathetic)!!!  Just sayin'.  Didn't watch for long.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I was really looking forward to seeing today's show because I luv, luv, luv, David Begnaud (also like George Takei).  Very disappointing!!!  It was a rerun with the Queen Sugar guys.  Just an alert.  Sheryl is so silly when there are good looking guys on the show (pathetic)!!!  Just sayin'.  Didn't watch for long.

Thanks for the alert, @Medicine Crow. The Jan. 6th hearings preempted the show again today, but I see I didn't miss anything.

• Sad 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

@Medicine Crow, I hope you caught today's show since George Takei was on. 

No, I changed channels when they started going into the Uvalde shooting.  I haven't got the stomach for anything about it, so I'll try to watch it tomorrow night.  Right now I'm "heavy" into Calgary Stampede Rodeo & Chuckwagon races, so not a lot of time.  Thanks for the reminder.

Edited by Medicine Crow
Forgot to say.
  • Love 3

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Kim Fields; comic Cristela Alonzo and actor Justin Baldoni (aka hot Jesus 🥰) guest co-host.

Tuesday - Actress Marcia Gay Harden; entertainer Derek Hough and comic Kym Whitley guest co-host.

Wednesday - Comedian Bill Bellamy; CBS news correspondent David Begnaud and Kym Whitley guest co-host.

Thursday - Judge Greg Mathis; actor Leslie Jordan and comic Loni Love guest co-host.

Friday - Actress Hannah Waddingham; Leslie Jordan and Entertainment Tonight co-host Nischelle Turner guest co-host.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

I was so happy to see Loni yesterday and Leslie was enjoyable too. I'm sure he does have some stories to tell. It doesn't feel like the next day because I've been in and out of sleep hence this post so it felt weird to type yesterday earlier in this post.  I don't know if the show's scheduled changed unexpectedly or if they didn't change the press release before going out because Thursday's guest was Alan Tudyk.

• Useful 2
17 hours ago, Jaded said:

I was so happy to see Loni yesterday and Leslie was enjoyable too. I'm sure he does have some stories to tell. It doesn't feel like the next day because I've been in and out of sleep hence this post so it felt weird to type yesterday earlier in this post.  I don't know if the show's scheduled changed unexpectedly or if they didn't change the press release before going out because Thursday's guest was Alan Tudyk.

My cable's been out most of the week so I only caught Monday's show and saw Sheryl was off. Did she come back or did Loni fill in for her yesterday? 

1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

My cable's been out most of the week so I only caught Monday's show and saw Sheryl was off. Did she come back or did Loni fill in for her yesterday? 

Sorry that your cable was out and for so long. There were fill in hosts all week for Sheryl and Jerry.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Jaded said:

Sorry that your cable was out and for so long. There were fill in hosts all week for Sheryl and Jerry.

Thanks. It's finally back on now. 

• Like 2

New week's schedule: 

Monday - Actor Bryan Cranston.

Tuesday - Actress and comic Phoebe Robinson.

Wednesday - Actor Zachary Levi (🥰).

Thursday - TBA.

Friday - Actor Aldis Hodge; actress Jacqueline MacInnes Wood; actor Tanner Novlan.

• Thanks 1

8thNew week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Joey King.

Tuesday - Actress Tisha Campbell; relationship expert Monique Kelley. 

Wednesday - Actor Darren Barnet.

Thursday - Actress Lake Bell.

Friday - Comedian Whitney Cummings; actor Corey Feldman.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

OMG @RMCRAE, I thought I was having a "senior moment" because I kept thinking "I've seen this before".  Gawd!!!  Thanks for pointing it out.

Lol. No problem, @Medicine Crow

Just now, andidante said:

I think they have the month of August off. 

They usually air a lot of pre-taped shows during the first week or so of August. Strange they'd just take off now. Hopefully they come back to at least pay tribute to their late EP.

• Sad 2

Hope everybody enjoyed their summer and here's the schedule for next week:

Monday - The Talk kicks off season 13 with a week-long outdoor carnival; comedian and TV host Howie Mandel; Singer-songwriter Andy Grammer performs The Talk's new theme song and "Saved My Life" live; the show honors late executive producer Heather Gray with giveaways and surprises for an audience full of cancer fighters and survivors.

Tuesday - Actor Ismael Cruz Cordova; highlights from the Emmy Awards with Nischelle Turner; Singer-songwriter Jon Pardi performs.

Wednesday - Actor Oliver Hudson; chef and former NFL player Eddie Jackson serves up classic carnival favorites.

Thursday - Television host Dr. Phil.

Friday - Actress Sarah Michelle Gellar; actress Melody Thomas Scott talks about the crossover episode of "The Young and the Restless" and "The Bold and the Beautiful"; "The Real Love Boat" crew.

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 1

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Cedric the Entertainer.

Tuesday - Television host Phil Keoghan.

Wednesday - Actor Kyle McLachlan; film and television writer and creator Illana Pena for National Hispanic American Heritage Month.

Thursday - TBA.

Friday - Actor Michael Ealy (🥰); actor Sean Kanan.

• Thanks 1

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Billy Gardell; actor Storme Warren.

Tuesday - Actress Sanaa Lathan.

Wednesday - The Talk is pre-empted by the Jan. 6th hearings.

Thursday - Actress Marg Helgenberger.

Friday - Actor David Alan Grier.