Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Tink said:

I tuned in late today — why was Jerry sitting sideways in his chair with bare feet on the furniture and then even putting his bare feet on the other host’s chairs?  Seemed really inappropriate and kind of gross! OK in your own home, but not on the show, in my opinion.

They were talking about grooming in public & he took it to the next level (in fun).  It was a joke!!!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Hopefully that includes bringing in an audience and finally retiring the sound effect machine.

Lack of an audience has been another big hit against the show. If they're able to have a live audience come September they need to get them ASAP. 

2 hours ago, Tink said:

I tuned in late today — why was Jerry sitting sideways in his chair with bare feet on the furniture and then even putting his bare feet on the other host’s chairs?  Seemed really inappropriate and kind of gross! OK in your own home, but not on the show, in my opinion.

It was a skit in response to a viral video involving public grooming. It took me back to season 1 when the Witch would pull her bare feet up on the couch during interviews. And they weren't skits. 🤢

Edited by rmcrae
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, rmcrae said:

@Jaded, I forgot to ask that when you referred to the connection between the BTS drama in the Daily Mail article and Sheryl's current behavior in the post before last were you referring to the article that claimed Sheryl was forced to go to anger management after allegedly verbally attacking a staff member? I found it suspish (as YouTuber Bailey Sarian would say) that came up after all the accusations against Sharon. Obviously I wasn't there so I can't say for a fact whether it happened or not, but during the weeks of allegations made against Sharon none of the other co-hosts, past or present, were accused of that kind of behavior. Also a lot of people praised Sheryl for keeping her composure during Sharon's meltdown and I'm sure that pissed Witchy Poo off too. We've been free of her from the show for 3 months now and she still finds a way to bring the focus back to her, bubbling cauldron and all. 

I wasn't referring to the anger management rumors that were brought up by DM. I had actually forgotten about all of that. I was thinking more along the lines of her not coming across as being naturally comfortable while appearing on the show. like she has been for years Maybe it's just me but it's like everything that went on and the upheaval it caused has been more taxing on her mentally then she let on.

Elaine's gotten to host remotely at times since it happened and she's still new to the show so she's probably not as close to everyone as Sheryl is. After reading that hot mic transcript from the DM then thinking about that incredibly awkward episode with the experts that was the first one back after the extended hiatus. Elaine and Sheryl had to be front and center for it so that must have felt awkward for them both. A lot (not all) of the She Devil defenders tried to paint Sheryl as the enemy moreso than Elaine but I saw some attempts to do that too. I just feel bad for Sheryl since it's well known how personally she can take things and am kind of worried for her especially since the ratings are so awful too. 

 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/14/2021 at 2:37 PM, seasons said:

Glad to see jerry as full time! I love him. Great energy, funny, serious when he needs to be. Seems like a good guy and a great family man. Cute and funny guys are my weakness!

Nice touch to arrive on set with flowers for the ladies. 💐

I love him too. Cute, funny guys are my weakness as well. 

The most popular guy on here is "hot Jesus," but I prefer Jerry's goofy self! hahaha

I know, so sweet of him. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

I wasn't referring to the anger management rumors that were brought up by DM. I had actually forgotten about all of that. I was thinking more along the lines of her not coming across as being naturally comfortable while appearing on the show. like she has been for years Maybe it's just me but it's like everything that went on and the upheaval it caused has been more taxing on her mentally then she let on.

Elaine's gotten to host remotely at times since it happened and she's still new to the show so she's probably not as close to everyone as Sheryl is. After reading that hot mic transcript from the DM then thinking about that incredibly awkward episode with the experts that was the first one back after the extended hiatus. Elaine and Sheryl had to be front and center for it so that must have felt awkward for them both. A lot (not all) of the She Devil defenders tried to paint Sheryl as the enemy moreso than Elaine but I saw some attempts to do that too. I just feel bad for Sheryl since it's well known how personally she can take things and am kind of worried for her especially since the ratings are so awful too. 

 

Oh, I see. I think all of this has taken a toll on Sheryl too. Like all the responsibility has fallen on her shoulders. Hopefully she can take time to recharge during the summer hiatus. Lord knows they all need a break with the tornado of drama this season has been. 

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I love him too. Cute, funny guys are my weakness as well. 

The most popular guy on here is "hot Jesus," but I prefer Jerry's goofy self! hahaha

I know, so sweet of him. 

I say "hot Jesus" should be the permanent "guest bro-host". 🥰 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

A retread of yesterday's article. Are She Devil and Piers going to come back with a third installment of the same story tomorrow too? 🙄

Yes haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jerry was cute giving a parallel parking demonstration ... I never saw the problem with it.  I could park with an inch to spare on each end (slight exaggeration) ... LOL.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/15/2021 at 3:03 PM, Tink said:

I tuned in late today — why was Jerry sitting sideways in his chair with bare feet on the furniture and then even putting his bare feet on the other host’s chairs?  Seemed really inappropriate and kind of gross! OK in your own home, but not on the show, in my opinion.

Jerry is someone I can take in small doses . He is like a goofy , hyperactive child and always takes the goofy jokes too far . I wonder how long before his over the top crap wears thin . 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I am not happy with Jerry. I would have preferred a woman.  We had so many ladies who used to guest host before the show imploded with Julie leaving due to her awful husband, other ladies leaving as well and the Sharon debacle.  Why couldn't they hire Rumer Willis,  Jodie Sweetin, Carnie Wilson, Yvette Nicole Brown, Valerie Bertinelli or Brigette Nielsen, I always loved the tea Brigette used to give us about her past. For example: her sleeping with Sean Penn to get back at Madonna was just too damn funny and the ladies' reactions were gold.

 If Jerry was the best that they could do then I don't see the show lasting after next season.  This is truly disappointing news.  I could already see Jerry making a fool of himself as they walk out to their catchy theme song, no thanks!

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I am not happy with Jerry. I would have preferred a woman.  We had so many ladies who used to guest host before the show imploded with Julie leaving due to her awful husband, other ladies leaving as well and the Sharon debacle.  Why couldn't they hire Rumer Willis,  Jodie Sweetin, Carnie Wilson, Yvette Nicole Brown, Valerie Bertinelli or Brigette Nielsen, I always loved the tea Brigette used to give us about her past. For example: her sleeping with Sean Penn to get back at Madonna was just too damn funny and the ladies' reactions were gold.

 If Jerry was the best that they could do then I don't see the show lasting after next season.  This is truly disappointing news.  I could already see Jerry making a fool of himself as they walk out to their catchy theme song, no thanks!

Seems like none of those ladies were interested in taking the gig, unfortunately. The low ratings and March debacle weren't exactly a ringing endorsement. :( I'm not entirely thrilled about Jerry joining the show either, but I'll try to give it a chance. He's the least of their troubles at the moment. 

Schedule for next week (BTW, Jerry's off until the end of the month):

Monday - Actor Wayne Brady; Victor Cruz and Mark McGrath guest co-host. 

Tuesday - Actress Constance Zimmer; Victor Cruz and Mark McGrath guest co-host.

Wednesday - Comedian and actor Billy Bellamy and Justin Baldoni (aka Hot Jesus 🥰) guest co-host.

Thursday - Justin Baldoni and Mark McGrath guest co-host.

Friday - Filmmaker, actor and producer Kevin Smith; actress Sarah Levy; Justin Baldoni and Mark McGrath guest co-host.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Why couldn't they hire Rumer Willis,  Jodie Sweetin, Carnie Wilson, Yvette Nicole Brown, Valerie Bertinelli or Brigette Nielsen.

 

16 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Seems like none of those ladies were interested in taking the gig, unfortunately.  

 

 

Not true. Carnie Wilson was on Daily Pop a few days ago and publicly stated that guest hosted the show for 9 or 10 years and always hoped for a permanent spot. She was very gracious toward Jerry and said he's fantastic. 

  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I'm trying to be optimistic, but it sounds like Carrie Ann will announce her departure soon: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/is-carrie-ann-inaba-returning-to-the-talk/. She was quick to confirm that she'll be returning to DWTS, but the "I should have some news soon" in regards to The Talk doesn't sound good. :( 

Oh no! I really enjoy Carrie Ann. I wish her health and happiness though, and at least we’ll have her on DWTS.

If she does indeed leave, maybe we could get YNB or Brigitte. I was so excited when YNB was on The View, and yes, Brigitte had some stories! I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I’m not crazy about a lot of the other women who’ve guest hosted. They’re nice ladies, but they don’t bring excitement. Jerry at least brings energy and humor. 

Those of you who aren’t crazy about Jerry, he’s still an upgrade from Sharon, right?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I am not happy with Jerry. I would have preferred a woman.  We had so many ladies who used to guest host before the show imploded with Julie leaving due to her awful husband, other ladies leaving as well and the Sharon debacle.  Why couldn't they hire Rumer Willis,  Jodie Sweetin, Carnie Wilson, Yvette Nicole Brown, Valerie Bertinelli or Brigette Nielsen, I always loved the tea Brigette used to give us about her past. For example: her sleeping with Sean Penn to get back at Madonna was just too damn funny and the ladies' reactions were gold.

 If Jerry was the best that they could do then I don't see the show lasting after next season.  This is truly disappointing news.  I could already see Jerry making a fool of himself as they walk out to their catchy theme song, no thanks!

I could not like and agree with this post more. I like Jerry fine as an actor. As "himself", he always comes across as "look at me!" If this show is still on the air by Christmas, knock me over with a feather.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

 

Not true. Carnie Wilson was on Daily Pop a few days ago and publicly stated that guest hosted the show for 9 or 10 years and always hoped for a permanent spot. She was very gracious toward Jerry and said he's fantastic. 

I don't watch Daily Pop so I missed what Carnie said. Thanks for the info. 

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh no! I really enjoy Carrie Ann. I wish her health and happiness though, and at least we’ll have her on DWTS.

If she does indeed leave, maybe we could get YNB or Brigitte. I was so excited when YNB was on The View, and yes, Brigitte had some stories! I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I’m not crazy about a lot of the other women who’ve guest hosted. They’re nice ladies, but they don’t bring excitement. Jerry at least brings energy and humor. 

Those of you who aren’t crazy about Jerry, he’s still an upgrade from Sharon, right?

I'm really hoping I'm wrong about Carrie Ann leaving, because that'll be yet another hit to the show. TPTB may as well hire Carnie if Carrie Ann's seat is vacated. She's like the Marlo Hampton of The Talk at this point. Minus the multiple arrests and violent tendencies...

Girl, I'll take a dish rag on a stick over the likes of the Witch any day! Lol. 

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I think Jerry's there for a good time, not a long time.  He could probably use the $$$ & knows the show will likely be deep-sixed by CBS, so win-win for him.  (Nothing wrong with that!!)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think Jerry's there for a good time, not a long time.  He could probably use the $$$ & knows the show will likely be deep-sixed by CBS, so win-win for him.  (Nothing wrong with that!!)

According to this article the other women are "demanding" a raise now: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3288190/the-talk-hosts-denand-raises-jerry-oconnell-salary/

Something tells me the "source" from said article who claimed the Witch is the "missing piece from the puzzle" probably has an English accent. And red hair. Or blue hair....

  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

According to this article the other women are "demanding" a raise now: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3288190/the-talk-hosts-denand-raises-jerry-oconnell-salary/

Something tells me the "source" from said article who claimed the Witch is the "missing piece from the puzzle" probably has an English accent. And red hair. Or blue hair....

That was too supportive of the witch I agree. She must have offered her take on the situation and they ran with it.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would never say that Sharon was the "centre piece" of the show ... some people (me) watched despite her, not because of her!!!

I'm pissed that they're paying Jerry more than the other hosts.  That stinks!!  He's new & should have to prove his worth before making what they do.  Just sayin'.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

SO, last week they made a BIG announcement that Jerry would be joining the ladies.  Then, all hell broke loose on the week-end about the pay inequity between Jerry & the ladies.  Today, Sheryl announced that Jerry would be back, I think she said later in July.  So what gives????

Share this post


Link to post

38 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

SO, last week they made a BIG announcement that Jerry would be joining the ladies.  Then, all hell broke loose on the week-end about the pay inequity between Jerry & the ladies.  Today, Sheryl announced that Jerry would be back, I think she said later in July.  So what gives????

Jerry has another project (a game show, I think) so that's why he won't be back until the end of the month.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

Jerry has another project (a game show, I think) so that's why he won't be back until the end of the month.

Thanks for the info.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Jerry has another project (a game show, I think) so that's why he won't be back until the end of the month.

He’s the host of Pictionary that currently has a trial run on some Fox stations so either he’s filming that because it received a pick up or a series he did called Carter that aired on WGN America and CTV in Canada that is supposed to get a season 3.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/16/2021 at 9:12 PM, Pearson80 said:

I am not happy with Jerry. I would have preferred a woman.  We had so many ladies who used to guest host before the show imploded with Julie leaving due to her awful husband, other ladies leaving as well and the Sharon debacle.  Why couldn't they hire Rumer Willis,  Jodie Sweetin, Carnie Wilson, Yvette Nicole Brown, Valerie Bertinelli or Brigette Nielsen, I always loved the tea Brigette used to give us about her past. For example: her sleeping with Sean Penn to get back at Madonna was just too damn funny and the ladies' reactions were gold.

 If Jerry was the best that they could do then I don't see the show lasting after next season.  This is truly disappointing news.  I could already see Jerry making a fool of himself as they walk out to their catchy theme song, no thanks!

I agree. I personally think Sheryl is the one who pushed to have male co-hosts... While I do like Sheryl as far as her being funny, I have rarely agreed with her on topics. She seems like a woman who gets along better with men than women.

At this rate, I think they're going to hire another man for Carrie Ann's seat. Victor Cruz is probably the best of these. I just... Don't like it myself.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

You're welcome, @Medicine Crow and thanks for all the info, @mtlchick!

24 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree. I personally think Sheryl is the one who pushed to have male co-hosts... While I do like Sheryl as far as her being funny, I have rarely agreed with her on topics. She seems like a woman who gets along better with men than women.

At this rate, I think they're going to hire another man for Carrie Ann's seat. Victor Cruz is probably the best of these. I just... Don't like it myself.

I hope not. As much I would personally enjoy seeing Victor Cruz's fine self every day, one permanent male co-host is enough. Carnie Wilson's been the go-to guest co-host for a decade and she's game to join full time so why not finally hire her? 

Edited by rmcrae
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

You're welcome, @Medicine Crow and thanks for all the info, @mtlchick!

I hope not. As much I would personally enjoy seeing Victor Cruz's fine self every day, one permanent male co-host is enough. Carnie Wilson's been the go-to guest co-host for a decade and she's game to join full time so why not finally hire her? 

I couldn't agree more!!  CBS is like a runaway train ... once they get rolling in one direction, they're impossible to stop!!  No amount of viewer input is recognized.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 7/18/2021 at 5:16 PM, rmcrae said:

According to this article the other women are "demanding" a raise now: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3288190/the-talk-hosts-denand-raises-jerry-oconnell-salary/

Something tells me the "source" from said article who claimed the Witch is the "missing piece from the puzzle" probably has an English accent. And red hair. Or blue hair....

So we don't know what's true as far as pay? I would have guessed Sheryl would be paid most because of her seniority. I think she makes an excellent host because she gives both heart and humor. Don't a lot of people watch for her? Now with Elaine and. Amanda, even though I initially thought it isn't fair if Jerry is paid more, he is a much more well-known person to be honest. I don't know if that carries any weight for you guys, but it does in Hollywood, male or female. I had never heard of Elaine or Amanda until The Talk, but I've known Jerry for many years. I can understand the women not wanting to feel shortchanged, but I don't know if sexism was at play even if the pay rumors are true. 

On 7/17/2021 at 4:38 PM, Miss Slay said:

 

Not true. Carnie Wilson was on Daily Pop a few days ago and publicly stated that guest hosted the show for 9 or 10 years and always hoped for a permanent spot. She was very gracious toward Jerry and said he's fantastic. 

Carnie Wilson seems like a sweet lady. She's someone I'd enjoy as a friend, but I don't think she'd bring excitement tbh. Yvette Nicole Brown is amazing because she's not afraid to get bold, but is classy and kind. Brigitte is crazy in a good way, and you never know what she's going to say. She's like if Sharon Osbourne were nice. 

I'm not crazy about most of the other regular guests hosts they've had on, but I think Rachel Lindsay needs to a talk show host. She's intelligent but not above discussing light topics. 

Did you guys hear that Brandi Glanville said she wants to be a host on The Talk? I know that's pretty random. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Did you guys hear that Brandi Glanville said she wants to be a host on The Talk? I know that's pretty random. 

Oh NO, I had a snoot full of her a few years ago, I think on Real Housewives of Beverley Hills!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

So we don't know what's true as far as pay? I would have guessed Sheryl would be paid most because of her seniority. I think she makes an excellent host because she gives both heart and humor. Don't a lot of people watch for her? Now with Elaine and. Amanda, even though I initially thought it isn't fair if Jerry is paid more, he is a much more well-known person to be honest. I don't know if that carries any weight for you guys, but it does in Hollywood, male or female. I had never heard of Elaine or Amanda until The Talk, but I've known Jerry for many years. I can understand the women not wanting to feel shortchanged, but I don't know if sexism was at play even if the pay rumors are true. 

Carnie Wilson seems like a sweet lady. She's someone I'd enjoy as a friend, but I don't think she'd bring excitement tbh. Yvette Nicole Brown is amazing because she's not afraid to get bold, but is classy and kind. Brigitte is crazy in a good way, and you never know what she's going to say. She's like if Sharon Osbourne were nice. 

I'm not crazy about most of the other regular guests hosts they've had on, but I think Rachel Lindsay needs to a talk show host. She's intelligent but not above discussing light topics. 

Did you guys hear that Brandi Glanville said she wants to be a host on The Talk? I know that's pretty random. 

No. The Sun is a lot like the Daily Mail so I take their stories with more than a pinch of salt. Lol.

I remember hearing about Trashbox wanting to join the show and Andy Cohen backing her up: https://heavy.com/entertainment/real-housewives/brandi-glanville-talk-cohost/

The viewer tweets saying nay nay to her slithering on are spot-on. The show would be yanked off the air before the first commercial break due to her nasty mouth. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Oh NO, I had a snoot full of her a few years ago, I think on Real Housewives of Beverley Hills!!!

That's one of the places she stunk up the most for the longest period of time. I would never tune into The Talk again if they hired her. She's one of those people where I can see how the Eddie/LeeAnn thing happened when they were working on that TV movie together. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

It would not surprise me if Carrie Ann does not return, though I hope she does because I miss her. We now have two instances that we know of where the producers have put the staff in uncomfortable positions. When Carrie Ann was made to ask a question, supposedly from a viewer, she was actually crying at Elaine's IMO rude answer to her. Elaine seemed to forget that Carrie Ann is also a POC.  I actually had more respect for Elaine when I saw the transcript of the leaked conversation between Elaine and Sharon, where Elaine said she refused to ask Sharon the question about Piers when producers asked her to. It is too bad that Sheryl did not have the same amount of integrity.  While I hope selfishly that Carrie Ann returns, I think it would be better for her health if she does not.

As far as the other co hosts asking to be paid the same as Jerry, assuming that is true it is also ridiculous. Jerry has been working in the business for almost 40 years. As far as I can see, if he is being paid more it has to do with his resume and longevity in the business, not because he is a man. Sheryl for me is the weakest link of them all. She is not funny, and she is downright embarrassing when she at times  treats the male hosts and guests like sex objects. It would not be tolerated if she were male and was acting that way towards females on air, and it should not be tolerated or considered cute and acceptable because it is a female harassing a male. 

 

 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

It would not surprise me if Carrie Ann does not return, though I hope she does because I miss her. We now have two instances that we know of where the producers have put the staff in uncomfortable positions. When Carrie Ann was made to ask a question, supposedly from a viewer, she was actually crying at Elaine's IMO rude answer to her. Elaine seemed to forget that Carrie Ann is also a POC.  I actually had more respect for Elaine when I saw the transcript of the leaked conversation between Elaine and Sharon, where Elaine said she refused to ask Sharon the question about Piers when producers asked her to. It is too bad that Sheryl did not have the same amount of integrity.  While I hope selfishly that Carrie Ann returns, I think it would be better for her health if she does not.

As far as the other co hosts asking to be paid the same as Jerry, assuming that is true it is also ridiculous. Jerry has been working in the business for almost 40 years. As far as I can see, if he is being paid more it has to do with his resume and longevity in the business, not because he is a man. Sheryl for me is the weakest link of them all. She is not funny, and she is downright embarrassing when she at times  treats the male hosts and guests like sex objects. It would not be tolerated if she were male and was acting that way towards females on air, and it should not be tolerated from Sheryl. 

I agree with you more than I don't, so ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Jaded said:

That's one of the places she stunk up the most for the longest period of time. I would never tune into The Talk again if they hired her. She's one of those people where I can see how the Eddie/LeeAnn thing happened when they were working on that TV movie together. 

I completely forgot about this, but apparently Brandi was on The Talk during the first season talking about her recent DUI and (you guessed it) whining about Eddie and LeeAnn for the millionth time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PANaVGB2jbU. Just a year later the seemingly normal, almost soft-spoken woman sitting on that couch would show her entire ass on RHOBH. SMH.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Stick a fork in it...this show is done. Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Sheryl for me is the weakest link of them all. She is not funny, and she is downright embarrassing when she at times  treats the male hosts and guests like sex objects.

I don't agree with this (I personally don't see it the same way coming from a woman towards men as I would from a man towards women--and even from a man it can still be funny if done the right way), but the reason I'm quoting you is that this part of her humor is one of the reasons I think she pushed for male co-hosts. She probably thought she could play off men more and inject comedy in that way. It would be low-hanging fruit.

I do think it's wrong if Jerry O'Connell is getting paid more than everyone else. But I guess it depends on to what degree. If he's getting paid more than Sheryl and Carrie Ann, now that's just straight up bull because they're bigger names than he is to me (on top of Sheryl having been there all these years). If it's just Elaine and Amanda, I still kind of think it's wrong, but if it's only a little more, then I guess I can understand. If I'm being honest, I always thought O'Connell was incredibly annoying. Anyway, when they hire Victor Cruz (and I believe they will), it'll be interesting to hear if he also is being paid more than others. I have no idea who he is at all, anymore than I did Elaine or Amanda, so he should definitely be getting paid the same or less than them. I like Cruz a lot more than O'Connell and McGrath.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I do think it's wrong if Jerry O'Connell is getting paid more than everyone else.

Agreed. It's really bad optics on your show that has always had female hosts for the first male host to show up and automatically rake in more money. After all the bad press that has resulted from decisions like that in recent years--like the reveal that Claire Foy was making less on The Crown than Matt Smith--it just seems like a really boneheaded move to repeat that. To me, Jerry O'Connell is not some automatic A-lister where it makes sense that people are throwing massive amounts of money at him to lock him in for the show. Ironically and no offense to him, I know him primarily because of who he is married to rather than his independent body of work. LOL 

I think it reeks of desperation on the show/CBS's part, more than anything else. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't agree with this (I personally don't see it the same way coming from a woman towards men as I would from a man towards women--and even from a man it can still be funny if done the right way), but the reason I'm quoting you is that this part of her humor is one of the reasons I think she pushed for male co-hosts. She probably thought she could play off men more and inject comedy in that way. It would be low-hanging fruit.

I do think it's wrong if Jerry O'Connell is getting paid more than everyone else. But I guess it depends on to what degree. If he's getting paid more than Sheryl and Carrie Ann, now that's just straight up bull because they're bigger names than he is to me (on top of Sheryl having been there all these years). If it's just Elaine and Amanda, I still kind of think it's wrong, but if it's only a little more, then I guess I can understand. If I'm being honest, I always thought O'Connell was incredibly annoying. Anyway, when they hire Victor Cruz (and I believe they will), it'll be interesting to hear if he also is being paid more than others. I have no idea who he is at all, anymore than I did Elaine or Amanda, so he should definitely be getting paid the same or less than them. I like Cruz a lot more than O'Connell and McGrath.

What makes you think they'll hire Victor as well? Amanda mentions his work on E News (which I thought folded for good a year or so ago) so I don't know if he'd be able to do that as well as this show unless he has a flexible and accommodating schedule like Carrie Ann with DWTS. I could be wrong since the show's made more than a few WTF decisions this whole season, but I don't think they'll hire another permanent male co-host. 

I will be so glad when we finally get some confirmation on whether or not Carrie Ann's returning. Enough teasing and spit it out already. 

What a blessed day with the return of "Hot Jesus"/Justin Baldoni and his heavenly man bun. 🤩

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I guess it's just that Carrie Ann wasn't there even when they announced O'Connell was the new co-host. I don't know, it's just I think if she was planning to come back, she would've made an effort to be there by camera at least in the first segment. That's when I saw the writing on the wall. It's a shame because I'd much rather Amanda was the one going if anyone, since I liked Carrie Ann, Sheryl, and Elaine.

That, and the fact that almost the very next day after they announced O'Connell had signed, he was gone and two other male co-hosts were there. To me, they're testing for the other seat now they've settled on O'Connell for the first one, so they'll be able to start the next season off fresh with the five people locked in. I don't know much about how this show works--they're off in August and then back for the new season in September, right? While I don't like the male co-hosts decision, I suppose it's smart of them to have 3 women / 2 men if they seriously want to change the feel of the show in that way. It has a sort of symmetry in the visual with two men on either side of Sheryl and Elaine / Amanda on the outside; I know that's a silly observation, but still.

  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

On 7/20/2021 at 3:42 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

It would not surprise me if Carrie Ann does not return, though I hope she does because I miss her. We now have two instances that we know of where the producers have put the staff in uncomfortable positions. When Carrie Ann was made to ask a question, supposedly from a viewer, she was actually crying at Elaine's IMO rude answer to her. Elaine seemed to forget that Carrie Ann is also a POC.  I actually had more respect for Elaine when I saw the transcript of the leaked conversation between Elaine and Sharon, where Elaine said she refused to ask Sharon the question about Piers when producers asked her to. It is too bad that Sheryl did not have the same amount of integrity.  While I hope selfishly that Carrie Ann returns, I think it would be better for her health if she does not.

As far as the other co hosts asking to be paid the same as Jerry, assuming that is true it is also ridiculous. Jerry has been working in the business for almost 40 years. As far as I can see, if he is being paid more it has to do with his resume and longevity in the business, not because he is a man. Sheryl for me is the weakest link of them all. She is not funny, and she is downright embarrassing when she at times  treats the male hosts and guests like sex objects. It would not be tolerated if she were male and was acting that way towards females on air, and it should not be tolerated or considered cute and acceptable because it is a female harassing a male. I 

Is it possible Sheryl had no clue Sharon would react the way she did? Maybe I'm naive, but I think Sheryl is a sweet person and would never set up someone she considered a friend. I was shocked when Carrie Ann asked that question, because she is someone who would know better. I wish the producers wouldn't play games. I have no problem with the racial discussions, as long as the women aren't set up. I don't think Carrie Ann is racist. I think she's a good person. Sharon on the other hand . . . 

I know. Carrie Ann is someone we all enjoy, Selfishly I'd want her back, but I know health is #1, especially this year. 

It's an unpopular opinion here, but I agree about Jerry. Without knowing what's true and exact pay, it's hard to say if they're being paid fairly. I can understand being ticked if he's paid significantly more. At the end of the day, they're all putting in the same hours, doing the same work. But I can understand him being paid a little more than Elaine and Amanda. They're both fairly young women, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time either has been a TV host. Sheryl and Carrie Ann should be paid the same/more than Jerry. Sheryl's seniority alone should count for something, and Carrie Ann is very well-known and experienced in hosting. I also agree with the post that if we were to get another male host with a lesser known name/less experience/less impressive resume, that he should be paid the same as the newer female hosts on The Talk. For example, I had never heard of Victor Cruz. He's an athlete and new to hosting as well, right? It should just be fair. My argument would be the same reversed as well. If there were a show that had mostly male hosts, and a woman came in, I'd say that woman should be paid according to what she brings. If she is well known in Hollywood, has an impressive resume and could get lots of other work, I'd expect her to be paid more.

Much as I love her, I don't think Sheryl is the funniest comedian around, but I appreciate that she's both fun and opens her heart on the show. I like it when people at least try to bring humor. I'm not a particularly mushy person, but some of the most moving moments for me have been when Sherly's discussed her mother, her father, her sister, her late husband. It's so organic when she talks about her family, hard times, people she's loved. 

I don't mind a little flirting, but I agree she can get carried away there. I think she's harmless and just trying to get a laugh, but I agree she should dial it back. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I was surprised that Amanda told Nick's zit story when they were talking about "push gifts".  (And I thought "Vanity, thy name is woman.")

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I guess it's just that Carrie Ann wasn't there even when they announced O'Connell was the new co-host. I don't know, it's just I think if she was planning to come back, she would've made an effort to be there by camera at least in the first segment. That's when I saw the writing on the wall. It's a shame because I'd much rather Amanda was the one going if anyone, since I liked Carrie Ann, Sheryl, and Elaine.

That, and the fact that almost the very next day after they announced O'Connell had signed, he was gone and two other male co-hosts were there. To me, they're testing for the other seat now they've settled on O'Connell for the first one, so they'll be able to start the next season off fresh with the five people locked in. I don't know much about how this show works--they're off in August and then back for the new season in September, right? While I don't like the male co-hosts decision, I suppose it's smart of them to have 3 women / 2 men if they seriously want to change the feel of the show in that way. It has a sort of symmetry in the visual with two men on either side of Sheryl and Elaine / Amanda on the outside; I know that's a silly observation, but still.

That's a good point about Carrie Ann not at least sending a video message congratulating Jerry on getting the job instead of just tweeting about it. I'm still holding on to a shred of hope that she'll say she's coming back in September, but if that ends up not being the case then we'll just have to deal. 😔

If another male host is chosen then either Victor or Hot Jesus would get my vote. 😉

4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Is it possible Sheryl had no clue Sharon would react the way she did? Maybe I'm naive, but I think Sheryl is a sweet person and would never set up someone she considered a friend. I was shocked when Carrie Ann asked that question, because she is someone who would know better. I wish the producers wouldn't play games. I have no problem with the racial discussions, as long as the women aren't set up. I don't think Carrie Ann is racist. I think she's a good person. Sharon on the other hand . . . 

I know. Carrie Ann is someone we all enjoy, Selfishly I'd want her back, but I know health is #1, especially this year. 

It's an unpopular opinion here, but I agree about Jerry. Without knowing what's true and exact pay, it's hard to say if they're being paid fairly. I can understand being ticked if he's paid significantly more. At the end of the day, they're all putting in the same hours, doing the same work. But I can understand him being paid a little more than Elaine and Amanda. They're both fairly young women, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time either has been a TV host. Sheryl and Carrie Ann should be paid the same/more than Jerry. Sheryl's seniority alone should count for something, and Carrie Ann is very well-known and experienced in hosting. I also agree with the post that if we were to get another male host with a lesser known name/less experience/less impressive resume, that he should be paid the same as the newer female hosts on The Talk. For example, I had never heard of Victor Cruz. He's an athlete and new to hosting as well, right? It should just be fair. My argument would be the same reversed as well. If there were a show that had mostly male hosts, and a woman came in, I'd say that woman should be paid according to what she brings. If she is well known in Hollywood, has an impressive resume and could get lots of other work, I'd expect her to be paid more.

Much as I love her, I don't think Sheryl is the funniest comedian around, but I appreciate that she's both fun and opens her heart on the show. I like it when people at least try to bring humor. I'm not a particularly mushy person, but some of the most moving moments for me have been when Sherly's discussed her mother, her father, her sister, her late husband. It's so organic when she talks about her family, hard times, people she's loved. 

I don't mind a little flirting, but I agree she can get carried away there. I think she's harmless and just trying to get a laugh, but I agree she should dial it back. 

If Sheryl had known things would've gone down the way they did, I don't think she would've asked that question. I hate to rehash it since it seems like The Witch is using her media minions to keep her name and false role as the victim out there, but none of the fallout would've happened had she not flipped out over being asked about the tweet about "standing with" Piers. She could've simply answered Sheryl's question like a rational adult and then moved on to a story about Selena Gomez or whatever latest Hollywood gossip story was going around, but instead she threw a tantrum because they wouldn't simply sweep things under the rug and kiss her ass as usual. 

I used to dislike Sheryl because of the "ghetto stereotype" schtick she used to play up and the way she shamelessly ogled male guests (she'd be in hot water for sticking her tongue down John Stamos's throat in this post-#Me Too climate), but she's come a long way since the beginning and she seems to have a good heart. I admire her ability not to allow the hardships she's experienced in life to make her bitter. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

That's a good point about Carrie Ann not at least sending a video message congratulating Jerry on getting the job instead of just tweeting about it. I'm still holding on to a shred of hope that she'll say she's coming back in September, but if that ends up not being the case then we'll just have to deal. 😔

If another male host is chosen then either Victor or Hot Jesus would get my vote. 😉

If Sheryl had known things would've gone down the way they did, I don't think she would've asked that question. I hate to rehash it since it seems like The Witch is using her media minions to keep her name and false role as the victim out there, but none of the fallout would've happened had she not flipped out over being asked about the tweet about "standing with" Piers. She could've simply answered Sheryl's question like a rational adult and then moved on to a story about Selena Gomez or whatever latest Hollywood gossip story was going around, but instead she threw a tantrum because they wouldn't simply sweep things under the rug and kiss her ass as usual. 

I used to dislike Sheryl because of the "ghetto stereotype" schtick she used to play up and the way she shamelessly ogled male guests (she'd be in hot water for sticking her tongue down John Stamos's throat in this post-#Me Too climate), but she's come a long way since the beginning and she seems to have a good heart. I admire her ability not to allow the hardships she's experienced in life to make her bitter. 

I guess we still have hope! I do watch DWTS, so at least I'll get my Carrie Ann fix there. :) 

Yup. And I'm not for canceling someone over one little mess-up, but there was so much problematic about Sharon. If you're constantly rude to people and there have been multiple instances of racism, ya gotta go. 

I know. I find Sheryl so inspiring. A lot of people with experiences like Sheryl's can be really nasty and hate the world, but Sheryl is so sweet and positive. The witch didn't deserve her friendship. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I guess we still have hope! I do watch DWTS, so at least I'll get my Carrie Ann fix there. :) 

Yup. And I'm not for canceling someone over one little mess-up, but there was so much problematic about Sharon. If you're constantly rude to people and there have been multiple instances of racism, ya gotta go. 

I know. I find Sheryl so inspiring. A lot of people with experiences like Sheryl's can be really nasty and hate the world, but Sheryl is so sweet and positive. The witch didn't deserve her friendship. 

2020 and 2021 snatched up so many folks who thought they were untouchable and there will be more to come, I'm sure. 

Barely 5 seconds into the proposal gone wrong video and it already screamed "staged" to me. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Next week's schedule (Elaine said Jerry will be back Wednesday): 

Monday - Actress Casey Wilson; television host and author Mariana Atencio and former NBA player and sports analyst Jalen Rose guest co-host.

Tuesday - Actor Jake Johnson; Mariana Atencio and Jalen Rose guest co-host.

Wednesday - Singer and actress Jill Scott (🥰); Nene Leakes guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Actress Sarah Michele Gellar; television personality and entrepreneur Daymond John guest co-hosts.

Friday - Actors Matthew Rhys and James Purefoy; actress and singer Dove Cameron; Daymond John guest co-hosts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size