Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

Got the schedule for the upcoming week:

Monday - Academy Award-winning actress Helen Mirren discusses her new television miniseries “Catherine the Great”.

Tuesday - Actor Taye Diggs; actress Elisha Cuthburt.

Wednesday - Oscar and Grammy Award-winning global superstar Elton John sits down for an interview with host Sharon Osbourne to discuss his autobiography “Me”.

Thursday - TBA.

Friday - Actress, author and activist Alyssa Milano discusses her new book, “Hope: Project Middle School”, television series and podcast “Sorry Not Sorry”.

Love Helen Mirren so I’m looking forward to her appearance.

Of course the Elton interview will be a kissy fest. If Sharon remembers who she’s interviewing. “My darling, I’ve loved you ever since your Beatles days with all those other chaps! How long has it been since you divorced that wicked old witch with the artificial leg? She was a nightmare, my love!”

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I don't know much about Gina Rodriguez. I think there are people who just sing along to a song using the n word without being hateful. I also know people of color who think just because they're of color they get a pass. 

To me it's not rocket science. The n word is ugly. If you're not black, don't use it! If you film yourself using it, even if just singing along to a song, expect backlash. We all know the culture now. I don't think it's right for someone to be branded a racist for being ignorant or one stupid decision, but it amazes me how some people don't comprehend why the n word is so offensive. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't know much about Gina Rodriguez. I think there are people who just sing along to a song using the n word without being hateful. I also know people of color who think just because they're of color they get a pass. 

TMZ discussed this topic and a few of them said that the rules were different for Latino that they can say it. One woman said that growing up all her Latino friends said it all the time. They didn't think it was a big deal

On 10/18/2019 at 2:39 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Ya right Sharon, wing it like you did on the red carpet & made a total mess of every interview you did, to the point of being rude to the guest's significant other & not being able to remember names.  What a gift!!!

😄 😅 😆  Funny as hell!  Thanks for the laugh! 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, xfuse said:

TMZ discussed this topic and a few of them said that the rules were different for Latino that they can say it. One woman said that growing up all her Latino friends said it all the time. They didn't think it was a big deal

I personally think if you're not part of the black community (Afro-Latin), it's a major no-no. 

• Love 2

I’m not a Miley Cyrus fan, but am I the only one who thought her comment was blown out of proportion? I’ve had girlfriends of mine jokingly say “I’m so done with men. I might have to give women a try” after a breakup, but 1) they’re not serious and 2) they’re well aware that lesbians don’t choose to be gay. It’s just a throwaway comment. 

I want Helen Mirren to be my auntie. She’s so funny and cool. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, rmcrae said:

I’m not a Miley Cyrus fan, but am I the only one who thought her comment was blown out of proportion? I’ve had girlfriends of mine jokingly say “I’m so done with men. I might have to give women a try” after a breakup, but 1) they’re not serious and 2) they’re well aware that lesbians don’t choose to be gay. It’s just a throwaway comment. 

Couldn't agree more about Miley. Must have been a slow news day imo.

• Love 7
On 10/21/2019 at 10:13 PM, RealHousewife said:

I personally think if you're not part of the black community (Afro-Latin), it's a major no-no. 

Not to mention, Gina has said some slick stuff about the Black community in the past and that has fueled the backlash against her.. She has even said negative stuff about Latinos of African descent. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Not to mention, Gina has said some slick stuff about the Black community in the past and that has fueled the backlash against her.. She has even said negative stuff about Latinos of African descent. 

What has she said?! 

11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

What has she said?! 

https://www.flare.com/celebrity/gina-rodriguez-anti-black-comments/

I saw Sharon on Kelly Clarkson’s show today (I don’t know why they were wearing downsized versions of Mama Cass’s dresses, but that’s a whole other story) and she said she can hardly feel her mouth after her recent facelift. Well that’s what you get for getting such an unnecessary procedure. 

Edited by rmcrae
Screwed up link.
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, rmcrae said:

https://www.flare.com/celebrity/gina-rodriguez-anti-black-comments/

I saw Sharon on Kelly Clarkson’s show today (I don’t know why they were wearing downsized versions of Mama Cass’s dresses, but that’s a whole other story) and she said she can hardly feel her mouth after her recent facelift. Well that’s what you get for getting such an unnecessary procedure. 

Thank you. I give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she’s not hateful, but she does quite ignorant. I hope this will be the last time she offends the black community.

It’s great that she’s a proud Latina, but I never get when people only care about their own. Gina should want black actors to do well, and she should have known better than to use the n word, singing along or not. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

As much as I love Elton John's interviews, I won't watch Sharon butcher her opportunity to sit with him!!!  Did anyone else watch?  How did she do?

I thought she did really well. I was surprised. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Thank you. I give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she’s not hateful, but she does quite ignorant. I hope this will be the last time she offends the black community.

It’s great that she’s a proud Latina, but I never get when people only care about their own. Gina should want black actors to do well, and she should have known better than to use the n word, singing along or not. 

You’re welcome, @RealHousewife and I hope Gina’s learned from this too. 

11 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

As much as I love Elton John's interviews, I won't watch Sharon butcher her opportunity to sit with him!!!  Did anyone else watch?  How did she do?

Yeah, she did a pretty good job. Had it been live, she would’ve sucked royally! 

• LOL 2
On 10/21/2019 at 10:13 PM, RealHousewife said:

On 10/21/2019 at 1:48 PM, xfuse said:

It isn't ok for anyone to say it if it is to go away. Black or not. Then don't go nuts when white people say or sing it . Not everyone is intelligent enough to realize they shouldn't repeat it so start teaching instead. And Latino isn't black, why would they think it's ok for them to say it? 

On 10/22/2019 at 12:26 AM, rmcrae said:

Blown out of proportion. I agree. But I guess if she's going to video every friggin thing in her life, she should have explained it better. What  a strange world we live in!

• Love 2

Re the horse that was falling down to avoid being ridden.  I hope that they have had it checked with a vet to make sure it didn’t have anything wrong that could be causing discomfort when ridden.  🐎  I’m sure they have but I think it should have been mentioned.

and I think the mother with the tongue is a jerk.  Probably staged to get attention. And they got it! 🤮

Edited by Lifesabeach
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

Re the horse that was falling down to avoid being ridden.  I hope that they have had it checked with a vet to make sure it didn’t have anything wrong that could be causing discomfort when ridden.  🐎  I’m sure they have but I think it should have mentioned.

and I think the mother with the tongue is a jerk.  Probably staged to get attention. And they got it! 🤮

I've been around horses all my life & have never seen a horse do that!!! 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Blown out of proportion. I agree. But I guess if she's going to video every friggin thing in her life, she should have explained it better. What  a strange world we live in!

She could stop making videos, thus no one would misinterpret them. It would be a win-win!! 😉

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

We saw the "old Sharon" rear her ugly head when they were talking about Martha Stewart yesterday.  Martha only commented on Felicity Huffman's outfit, but Sharon had to take her clap-back nuclear.

Yeah, not very wise of her to crack on somebody for (allegedly) being drunk when she drinks like a fish and acts a fool in public herself. 

This week’s schedule:

Monday - Host Sheryl Underwood’s birthday celebration with an audience of healthcare workers and caregivers; music band Morris Day and the Time discuss their new book “On Time” and perform.

Tuesday - Actor Edward Norton discusses his new film “Motherless Brooklyn”.

Wednesday - Singer and actress Olivia Newton-John.

Thursday -  The fifth annual “Rocktober Lip Sync War” with special guest host Kelly Osbourne.

Friday - actress Angela Bassett; actress Jodie Sweetin. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Now I can't think of powdered sugar or the Minnesota Twins without laughing. Thank you, Sheryl and Marie!! 😂

Sheryl's birthday show yesterday was a lot of fun. As a caregiver myself, I appreciate that the audience was made up of them as well as nurses and other health care professionals. You also don't want Sharon on your team if you are playing a Family Feud-style game. 😄 There was Chi Lan (or as Sharon calls her, "Chi Chi") announcing what each gift to the audience was.

I wonder if Carrie Ann will go on a date with Ben Affleck. Stay tuned, I guess. 😉

• LOL 2

I'm a feminist and for equality, but I'm sorry men's and women's bodies are built differently, and the way we feel about each other's bodies is very different, not that I think it's classy for men to walk around shirtless at games either. I don't feel sorry for those flashers. 

I'm like Marie with friends. I have a small circle of them, and we never fight. If someone really betrays me, we're done. I don't do drama. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't feel sorry for those flashers. 

I'm like Marie with friends. I have a small circle of them, and we never fight. If someone really betrays me, we're done. I don't do drama. 

I don't feel sorry for them, either - especially because it's so obvious they are in it for the attention. They were flashing on national TV for breast cancer awareness? Yeah, right!

Like you, I don't go in for drama. Life is hard enough!!

I'm sorry, but I cracked up every time Sharon yelled, "I don't know!" after hitting the buzzer. Eve did get an answer right, and Sheryl beat Marie to the buzzer both times. Sheryl did win the game handily. I knew what the John Stamos question would be as soon as his name was mentioned. 😄

Edited by catlover79
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Now I can't think of powdered sugar or the Minnesota Twins without laughing. Thank you, Sheryl and Marie!! 😂

Sheryl's birthday show yesterday was a lot of fun. As a caregiver myself, I appreciate that the audience was made up of them as well as nurses and other health care professionals. You also don't want Sharon on your team if you are playing a Family Feud-style game. 😄 There was Chi Lan (or as Sharon calls her, "Chi Chi") announcing what each gift to the audience was.

I wonder if Carrie Ann will go on a date with Ben Affleck. Stay tuned, I guess. 😉

Clue me in ... I don't know what powdered sugar means!!!???

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Clue me in ... I don't know what powdered sugar means!!!???

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2019/10/28/christie-brinkleys-ex-husband-peter-cook-60-engaged-to-21-year-old/amp/

Someone in the audience yelled out "sugar daddy", and Sheryl said that no powdered sugar was allowed. Everyone at the table lost it, as did the audience. Unfortunately, there's no video of it up so you may want to see it On Demand.

1 minute ago, rmcrae said:

@catlover79, a major HELL TO THE NAW to Carrie Ann dating Ben Affleck. Not unless she wants to cry even more than she already does. 😆

No, I don't want them to date but I wonder if it would ever happen. He has way too many issues and she has enough to deal with due to her health. 

At least she is in touch with her emotions! I loved that cat video just as much as she did. ❤

• Love 1

I don't agree with their stance that the grandfather that dropped his granddaughter from the cruise ship should be left alone to grieve. Yes, they have been through enough. But, what's the difference between a parent that leaves their child(ren) in a hot car to die? Both are tragic accidents but one needs to be held accountable for their actions. I remember when I first started hearing about children accidentally being left in hot cars to die. Parent was not prosecuted. But now so many are happening there is no choice but to prosecute.

I also don't feel the cruise ship is responsible. Grandpa picked that child up and put her on the rail and if the window was similar to the one that they showed on the show, you could tell that the window was open. The child never would have fallen out of the window if grandpa had not picked her up and put her on the rail, she couldn't reach it. No negligence on the cruise ships part IMO.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Mikita said:

I don't agree with their stance that the grandfather that dropped his granddaughter from the cruise ship should be left alone to grieve. Yes, they have been through enough. But, what's the difference between a parent that leaves their child(ren) in a hot car to die? Both are tragic accidents but one needs to be held accountable for their actions. I remember when I first started hearing about children accidentally being left in hot cars to die. Parent was not prosecuted. But now so many are happening there is no choice but to prosecute.

I also don't feel the cruise ship is responsible. Grandpa picked that child up and put her on the rail and if the window was similar to the one that they showed on the show, you could tell that the window was open. The child never would have fallen out of the window if grandpa had not picked her up and put her on the rail, she couldn't reach it. No negligence on the cruise ships part IMO.

I agree with everything you said. We need to be on that jury. 

I didn't get the powdered sugar reference either.

• Love 4

They flashed clips of the hosts during their lip sync performances towards the end of today’s show, but the only one I could make out was Marie as Gwen Stefani. It appears Sheryl will be a man again. 

7 hours ago, rmcrae said:

They flashed clips of the hosts during their lip sync performances towards the end of today’s show, but the only one I could make out was Marie as Gwen Stefani. It appears Sheryl will be a man again. 

It appears that Carrie Ann will be J Lo, and Sharon will be Stevie Nicks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Carrie Ann was wonderful as J-Lo she did a split. She even looked like J-Lo. Eve stole the show as RuPaul. She should have won.. Sharon looks so much better with longer hair and a hair color that exists in nature.. Sheryl was good too but I wanted Eve to win..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5

There's no way that Sheryl should've won that competition.  All she did was basically stand there, mouthing the words, while dancers danced around her (as did Sharon).  Carrie Ann's performance was amazing, as was Eve's, and either one of them should've won. I enjoy this Halloween episode but why is there the need to make it a competition?  It would be just as enjoyable on its own.

I was kind of surprised at how stiff Marie was!

• Love 7

Why was Kelly Osbourne shouting into the microphone? Between the failed sound check and her (inherited) inability to enunciate words when speaking, she’s one of the last people on earth who should be in the business of interviewing anyone.

Also, did Sharon screw up while lip syncing or was it me?

I’ve only seen the 2018 and 2019 Halloween shows, but Eve had the best performance two years in a row. She got robbed this year! 😉

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

For me, Carrie Ann won hands down.

Eve was good but not as good as last year when she definitely deserved the win.  The rest were meh including Sheryl.

Why is Sheryl always a man (except for one year I think).  Sharon was horrible.  All she did was stand there.  I actually enjoyed Marie best.  I thought she moved pretty well for a 60 year old woman.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

For me, Carrie Ann won hands down.

Eve was good but not as good as last year when she definitely deserved the win.  The rest were meh including Sheryl.

I think if I have to pick, I'd go with Carrie Ann too. Eve's was a very cool transformation and fun for Halloween, but Carrie's resemblance to J.Lo & her amazing dancing were quite the combination. I'd probably be the most wowed by Eve just looking at a picture, because she naturally looks nothing like RuPaul.

• Love 7