Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

On 12/2/2019 at 9:31 AM, FairyDusted said:

Dang lost my quotes....Grrrr....OK first of all I don't know why the fuck I burst into tears when Julie Andrews came out! It was a rough week here I guess. (I watched a few weeks yesterday) 

Lot's of great musical guests. Huge fan of Shania Twain, Hootie and the Blowfish and X Ambassadors. 

Favorite guests...Peter Bergman, Jamie Lee Curtis, Annie Potts and Craig T. Nelson. 

Yeah Marie wasn't great with the conversation about her daughter but I'm betting she hasn't had much experience in that area. I saw it as uniformed rather than malicious. I'm not thrilled with the addition of Marie because I find her a lil too bland for me. But hey, we could have gotten worse.

The table runs fairly smooth and I don't require 3 joints to get through it so I won't complain. Much.  

Eating a full dinner while talking is just a bad idea. 

@FairyDusted Girl, I missed your posts! You crack me up tellin’ it like it is. Lol. 

I hope they don’t do dinner during Table Talk in the future. I guess it was supposed to be funny, but it was tacky imo.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:08 PM, Lifesabeach said:

Glad that Carrie Ann is better and back.  I thought she looked especially pretty today.🤔  And even though SO isn’t my fave, I did Iike her jacket.  And I have to admit Marie is better than I originally thought she’d be.  But how does she walk in those shoes!?  Look like ankle busters to me, and would be on me. 👠

Even when she had the cast on her ankle she still had those stilts on. Once a showgirl always a showgirl, I guess.

I still despise Sharon, but I have to admit that her America’s Got Talent rant made me laugh. Especially the bit about Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid looking like “two old dirty men” next to “little girls” (Demi Lovato and Britney Spears). 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Even when she had the cast on her ankle she still had those stilts on. Once a showgirl always a showgirl, I guess.

I still despise Sharon, but I have to admit that her America’s Got Talent rant made me laugh. Especially the bit about Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid looking like “two old dirty men” next to “little girls” (Demi Lovato and Britney Spears). 

Double Ditto!!!  LOL.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

@FairyDusted Girl, I missed your posts! You crack me up tellin’ it like it is. Lol. 

I hope they don’t do dinner during Table Talk in the future. I guess it was supposed to be funny, but it was tacky imo.

Thanks @rmcrae! I always enjoy your view too! I’m just usually way behind cuz Bravo owns me. 

I like this light panel show. Even when they get serious I lean in and go with it. The other one just gives me heartburn and anxiety so I stopped Viewing. 

Damn Marie took a hard ass fall. They’d be rolling my ass in instead of wearing those sky high heels! Brave shit right there. Respect!

Its always a good time for the talk!!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 12/7/2019 at 12:54 PM, Blissfool said:

I hate the new rug. 

I thought there was something different about the set. I think it matches well with the Christmas decorations, but I don’t know about them keeping it after the holidays. 

New week, new schedule:

Monday - Actors Kennedy McCann and Scott Wolf (“Nancy Drew”); Vanessa Williams guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Actress Marla Gibbs.

Wednesday - Vanessa Williams guest co-hosts.

Thursday -  Actress Kathy Bates (“Richard Jewell”); Vanessa Williams guest co-hosts.

Friday - Actor Danny DeVito (“Jumanji: The Next Level”); Vanessa Williams guest co-hosts; “THE TALK’S Merry Giftmas” with gifts for the home.

I’ll finally be able to see Marla Gibb! “I mean ‘no place’, chile!” 😉 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I couldn't find the new show here in Calgary ... bummer!!!

Woops, spoke too soon.  I caught the last 15 minutes of the new show on a Canadian channel at 2:45 Calgary time.  I hope I recorded it on my main TV!!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

No SO......what a pleasant show 🥳

She hasn’t been revolting me as much as usual, but I enjoyed today’s SO-free show too. The last 15 minutes of it, anyway. Love Vanessa Williams. 

Scott Wolf is another celebrity who never ages and actually gets better looking with age. Cute and hot at the same time. *dreamy sigh* 

• Love 2

I only got a little less than 30 minutes of the show. 

3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Scott Wolf is another celebrity who never ages and actually gets better looking with age. Cute and hot at the same time. *dreamy sigh* 

Agreed. Though as much as l love Nancy Drew, not into the show. It's a shame, because yes, Scott Wolf!

• Love 4

Carrie Ann was so cute demonstrating her evasive action when her mom was trying to spank her.  I had to laugh because I did the same thing.   My mom rarely landed one.  

And I loved Marla Gibbs!

Edited by Lifesabeach
Cute not Ute. 😁. And added MG
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Loved Marla Gibbs. So she actually uses "child" in real life, since she said it. LOL She's funny and sweet. It's so nice to hear that she considers Regina King her daughter and that the two are still close to this day. Tree decorating!

Also, Sheryl's dress was beautiful!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I totally think there are double standards on Instagram. I just saw them discussing Jason Derulo. If Instagram models get away with wearing pasties and thongs, I don't get why he got in trouble. 

I get where Marie is coming from, but I wouldn't want a very young child to have Instagram anyway, because I'm familiar with just how provocative the images posted can get.

I agree with the ladies who thought the 25 months jail was too harsh a punishment for lying on a resume. 

Scott Wolf is adorable and looks amazing! People in their 20's would kill to be in as good of shape. 

I didn't think a first kiss counted if it was on the cheek. I guess I started young too if it does! A boy kissed me on the cheek in kindergarten. I was a late bloomer otherwise...

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

My phone rang & I missed who they were talking about when Sheryl & Marie alluded to a dildo & Marie said the person just got married.  Anyone???

Gwyneth Paltrow. 

Billy Dee! Now why couldn't they have both Billy Dee and Marla on the same show but different segments?? What are the odds they would be on 1 day after the other? Talk about a Jefferson's reunion!

Edited by Mikita
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 12/10/2019 at 4:37 PM, Mikita said:

Loved Marla Gibbs. So she actually uses "child" in real life, since she said it. LOL She's funny and sweet. It's so nice to hear that she considers Regina King her daughter and that the two are still close to this day. Tree decorating!

Also, Sheryl's dress was beautiful!

It’s “chile”, chile! 😉 

I didn’t know Billy Dee was on “The Jefferson’s”. That’s cool. 

That man who slapped the female reporter’s Behind should just shut up. He knew exactly what he was doing. Sitting up there lying and calling himself a pastor. Fool, bye! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Girl! When Florence thought wrongly that George had hired a celebrity lookalike Billy Dee. She was wearing a headscarf and robe when he showed up. LOL A very funny episode. You need to track this episode down ASAP. Episode 7 Season 5 Me and Billy Dee. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

It cracks me up when Marie gets this awkward/uncomfortable look on her face whenever sex comes up and I loved her answer to Sheryl’s question if she has a “gold vagina”: “Well my husband did marry me twice!” 😆

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 12/11/2019 at 6:04 PM, rmcrae said:

It’s “chile”, chile! 😉 

That man who slapped the female reporter’s Behind should just shut up. He knew exactly what he was doing. Sitting up there lying and calling himself a pastor. Fool, bye! 

If you look closely at the mans mouth when he is slapping the reporter you can see he has the  ‘white mans overbite’ like he was going to do something ‘naughty’ (nasty) and I’ll bet he thought it was ‘cute’.  Yuck 🤢

• Love 2

Oh my goodness. Now we are going to exploit and also glorify life threatening obesity? Look, some of these men genuinely love a woman no matter what her size but when you get the ones who say "I wouldn't care if she were fatter" you know you have a freak on your hands, who cares nothing for your health, he has an obsession with fat women. These women need medical care, not to be paraded around on a reality show. 

• Love 4
On 12/14/2019 at 4:59 PM, msrachelj said:

Oh my goodness. Now we are going to exploit and also glorify life threatening obesity? Look, some of these men genuinely love a woman no matter what her size but when you get the ones who say "I wouldn't care if she were fatter" you know you have a freak on your hands, who cares nothing for your health, he has an obsession with fat women. These women need medical care, not to be paraded around on a reality show. 

Years ago I saw an episode of MTV’s True Life about “chubby chasers” and there was a fairly fit man in a relationship with a morbidly obese man. In one scene they went to an all-you-can-eat buffet and the thinner man was encouraging his boyfriend, who had to use a scooter since he couldn’t walk, to eat practically everything that wasn’t nailed down. He said the more weight he gained, the better. SMH. 

Schedule for the new week:

Monday - Comic Sebastian Maniscalco; actor Paul Wesley.

Tuesday - Actress Cote de Pablo; THE TALK’S “Merry Giftmas” with gifts for kids.

Wednesday - Actress Susan Kelechi Watson; chef Duff Goldman.

Thursday - Actress Ana Gasteyer; Brigitte Nielsen guest co-hosts.

Friday - “THE TALK’S Holiday Show”; Carnie and Wendy Wilson perform with guest co-host Vanessa Williams; the cast from “Frozen - The Musical” perform. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 12/14/2019 at 4:59 PM, msrachelj said:

It made me so sad when that random person on the street fat shamed that woman. What do people get out of hurting a stranger's feelings? I thought it was interesting the lady said the most judgmental folks are the conventionally attractive women. I've known some pretty mean girl types, but the biggest assholes I've known are rarely conventionally attractive themselves. 

ETA: I can't believe Carrie Ann invited her dad to watch her dance when she had to get topless in a g-string. My father is the last person on the planet I would want to see me practically nude! 

This is why I like Marie on the show. She's more relatable to me in many ways than all of the others. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:14 PM, RealHousewife said:

It made me so sad when that random person on the street fat shamed that woman. What do people get out of hurting a stranger's feelings? I thought it was interesting the lady said the most judgmental folks are the conventionally attractive women. I've known some pretty mean girl types, but the biggest assholes I've known are rarely conventionally attractive themselves. 

ETA: I can't believe Carrie Ann invited her dad to watch her dance when she had to get topless in a g-string. My father is the last person on the planet I would want to see me practically nude! 

This is why I like Marie on the show. She's more relatable to me in many ways than all of the others. 

You and me both, @RealHousewife! I wouldn't be comfortable sitting with my dad while watching someone else dance topless in a G-string. But me being on stage in topless in said G and string? Fuggedaboutit!

What's up with the silver wig Sheryl's been wearing off and on for the last few weeks? I don't think it looks bad (the style suits her well), but I wonder if it's for a role or something.

• Love 4
On 12/17/2019 at 9:41 PM, rmcrae said:

You and me both, @RealHousewife! I wouldn't be comfortable sitting with my dad while watching someone else dance topless in a G-string. But me being on stage in topless in said G and string? Fuggedaboutit!

What's up with the silver wig Sheryl's been wearing off and on for the last few weeks? I don't think it looks bad (the style suits her well), but I wonder if it's for a role or something.

LOL me neither! Talk about awkward. I will never get Hollywood types who are that comfortable in front of everyone with everything. 

I noticed Sheryl's silver hair too. I also wondered if she was going for a different look or what. 

I always enjoy Vanessa Williams. :) 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

LOL me neither! Talk about awkward. I will never get Hollywood types who are that comfortable in front of everyone with everything. 

I noticed Sheryl's silver hair too. I also wondered if she was going for a different look or what. 

I always enjoy Vanessa Williams. :) 

I'm just guessing, but I think dancers/performers get so used to being half-dressed/naked in front of their co-workers on a regular basis, so they don't have the modesty level that "we" do.  Just sayin'.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Happy New Year, everybody! Hope you all enjoyed the holidays. 🙂 Here’s the schedule for the week:

Monday - TV host Kevin Frazier shares highlights from the Golden Globes; host Carrie-Ann Inaba’s birthday celebration with an audience full of animal rescue workers and wildlife advocates.

Tuesday - TV personality Lisa Vanderpump.

Wednesday - Cast members from “Criminal Minds”, (including Aisha Tyler!).

Thursday - Actor Tim Allen.

Friday - TV personality and host RuPaul. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Happy New Year, everybody! Hope you all enjoyed the holidays. 🙂 Here’s the schedule for the week:

Monday - TV host Kevin Frazier shares highlights from the Golden Globes; host Carrie-Ann Inaba’s birthday celebration with an audience full of animal rescue workers and wildlife advocates.

Tuesday - TV personality Lisa Vanderpump.

Wednesday - Cast members from “Criminal Minds”, (including Aisha Tyler!).

Thursday - Actor Tim Allen.

Friday - TV personality and host RuPaul. 

Thanks for posting this. I wan't even thinking about there being new shows this week!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Mikita said:

Thanks for posting this. I wan't even thinking about there being new shows this week!

No problem, @Mikita! 🙂 

Why, oh why, do they continually let Sharon interview (more like “harass”) the stars on the red carpet? All she does is swear and make stupid comments in that exaggerated Granny voice of hers. I could tell Nicole Kidman was still hurt by Sharon’s mean comments about her although she was gracious and gave her a peck on the plastic cheek instead of a smack. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Tim Allen🤮🤮🤮🤮 Used to love Home Improvement but now with his latest  sitcom on Fox and knowing more about his real life, I can’t stand the sight of him. 

I really do not like Carnie Wilson at all. 

• Love 2

Piers Morgan is a piece of shit. He and Megan were never friends. They were friendly and he never hooked her up with Prince Harry. She does not owe him a damn thing. He acts like a spurned lover and he has a weird creepy fixation on her. Megan and Harry had mutual friends who facilitated their meeting and the rest is history.

This is when I need Sheryl to stop trying to be comedic at inopportune times. She knows damn well as a Black woman why the British press hates Megan Markle. Eve is another disappointment, unable to have a serious discussion about the underbelly in British society and ours.  She nods her head and slaps her hands like a seal.  If I was on tweeter I would tell Sheryl to stop being a clown in these instances.

I have no problem with Megan and Harry saying goodbye to the UK. The British press have been horrific to her. I wish them all the best in the world.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9
On 1/6/2020 at 10:51 PM, rmcrae said:

No problem, @Mikita! 🙂 

Why, oh why, do they continually let Sharon interview (more like “harass”) the stars on the red carpet? All she does is swear and make stupid comments in that exaggerated Granny voice of hers. I could tell Nicole Kidman was still hurt by Sharon’s mean comments about her although she was gracious and gave her a peck on the plastic cheek instead of a smack. 

I don't remember what Sharon said about Nicole, but I've noticed Sharon seems to go back and forth between being very complimentary and kind, calling people beautiful, gorgeous, talented, just a kid, and then being quite harsh. 

Nicole's always seemed like a lovely lady.

It was a delight seeing Aisha back!!!

eta: I didn't like Jillian Michaels' comments about Lizzo. I get that there are generally more health issues with obesity. But it's wonderful Lizzo is confident and that her body is celebrated. Not all successful singers need to be the same size as Ariana Grande or Beyonce or whatever. I'm someone people assume is a healthy eater and perfectly healthy because I'm thin. My looks are somewhat deceiving. I know bigger women who eat more healthily, are more active, and in many ways are healthier than me. I'm not about promoting obesity, but I am all for the body positivity movement. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't remember what Sharon said about Nicole, but I've noticed Sharon seems to go back and forth between being very complimentary and kind, calling people beautiful, gorgeous, talented, just a kid, and then being quite harsh. 

Nicole's always seemed like a lovely lady.

It was a delight seeing Aisha back!!!

eta: I didn't like Jillian Michaels' comments about Lizzo. I get that there are generally more health issues with obesity. But it's wonderful Lizzo is confident and that her body is celebrated. Not all successful singers need to be the same size as Ariana Grande or Beyonce or whatever. I'm someone people assume is a healthy eater and perfectly healthy because I'm thin. My looks are somewhat deceiving. I know bigger women who eat more healthily, are more active, and in many ways are healthier than me. I'm not about promoting obesity, but I am all for the body positivity movement. 

I’ve noticed that too. She always gave Justin Bieber shit for his past foolishness, but I remember her defending Ariana Grande when she licked donuts and dismissed it as the harmless antics of a “young girl”. 🙄

I loved seeing Aisha back too! I wish she’d come back and guest host soon. 

Great points about Jillian Michaels. It’s great that she took the reins over her own life and lost weight, but her attitude about food isn’t the most healthy. I remember seeing her on The Doctors years ago and she was ranting about French fries like they were the Devil or something. No, your diet shouldn’t consist of fatty/starchy food, but a little of it every now and then is fine. Don’t treat it like it’s the enemy. 

• Love 5

I am no big fan of Jillian Michaels and  don’t know much about her. By the way what has she done to her face? She doesn’t even look like the same person anymore, she used to be attractive, now she looks like a clown. One thing though I have to agree with her we need to stop celebrating morbidly obese bodies. Maybe Lizzo is not sick yet but there’s a good chance she will be later on.  When she gets older she won’t have the energy to run around the stage like she does now.  100% don’t ever fat shame someone but don’t glorify obviously unhealthy bodies either. You don’t want to be sending this message to younger people either. And this goes for dressing  a certain way in public. Everyone should have  some pride, dress for your size. No one wants to see another's extra skin hanging out of their clothes on the street. Or in music videos.This is an instance where PC has gone way too far.  Body positivity is fine but we need to send a message about healthy eating, exercising etc. in this country , not to say it’s OK to be 100 pounds overweight! This is not helping The obesity problem we have and it’s certainly not helping young children. 

Edited by msrachelj
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, msrachelj said:

100% don’t ever fat shame someone but don’t glorify obviously unhealthy bodies either.

This is fat shaming.

Overweight can be healthy and skinny can be unhealthy. Never assume anyone is healthy or unhealthy by their body size. 

I appreciate Sharon on the panel sometimes. It is usually in the moments when someone does something stupid and she calls them on it. 

2 hours ago, xfuse said:

This is fat shaming.

Overweight can be healthy and skinny can be unhealthy. Never assume anyone is healthy or unhealthy by their body size. 

I appreciate Sharon on the panel sometimes. It is usually in the moments when someone does something stupid and she calls them on it. 

NOT fat shaming.   Do some research. Having 100+ extra pounds of fat on your body is going to catch up with you soon er or later. Of course any size body can be unhealthy, but obesity is something that can be controlled.  This is a very bad precedent, just don’t say anything about the morbidly obese body but certainly don’t glorify it.  What the hell is happening in this world with cuckoo ideas? 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, msrachelj said:

NOT fat shaming.   Do some research. Having 100+ extra pounds of fat on your body is going to catch up with you soon er or later. Of course any size body can be unhealthy, but obesity is something that can be controlled.  This is a very bad precedent, just don’t say anything about the morbidly obese body but certainly don’t glorify it.  What the hell is happening in this world with cuckoo ideas? 

Have you ever been fat or overweight?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm willing to bet that those of us who have been overweight understand the consequences of obesity, and don't wish diabetes (and a number of other ailments) on anyone. Therefore, no one is fat shaming when they speak of these issues.

• Love 3

People forget that as you get older it not only overweight people that have medical issues come up. Nearly everyone I know; skinny, average, or over weight all have had some issue when they reach the 50 year range. It goes with getting old. Heart Disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol are not just problems of the overweight.

It’s just that for so long we have been told fat is bad. Yes fat can be bad but so can skinny. People need to talk to some parents of children suffering from anorexia and bulimia and see what their opinions are on body weight.

Should Lizzo or anyone that is overweight not eat to get down to the size that some people find acceptable. I know people who have eaten right and exercise every day for years and still can’t lose weight. Healthy body weight differs in everyone.

Then there are people who are on life saving medication. Should that be pulled because the medication makes them fat.

• Love 2

Monday - Actor Rob Lowe; Brigitte Nielsen guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Actors Kellan Lutz and Julian McMahon; Brigitte Nielsen guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Musician Andy Grammer talks and performs; Brigitte Nielsen guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Brigitte Nielsen guest co-hosts.

Friday - Actor John Cena; actors Katja Herbers and Aasif Mandvi (“CBS’ Evil”).

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Tuesday - Actors Kellan Lutz and Julian McMahon; Brigitte Nielsen guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Musician Andy Grammer talks and performs; Brigitte Nielsen guest co-hosts.

Julian McMahon is gorgeous. He's pretty fun in interviews too. And I always enjoy Brigitte. I wish she were there permanently. 

Thank you for giving us the schedules RMCRAE. 😄

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I'm hoping Brigitte is there because SO isn't!!!

• Love 5
On 1/11/2020 at 4:21 PM, Jaded said:

On 1/12/2020 at 6:29 AM, xfuse said:

People forget that as you get older it not only overweight people that have medical issues come up. Nearly everyone I know; skinny, average, or over weight all have had some issue when they reach the 50 year range. It goes with getting old. Heart Disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol are not just problems of the overweight.

It’s just that for so long we have been told fat is bad. Yes fat can be bad but so can skinny. People need to talk to some parents of children suffering from anorexia and bulimia and see what their opinions are on body weight.

Should Lizzo or anyone that is overweight not eat to get down to the size that some people find acceptable. I know people who have eaten right and exercise every day for years and still can’t lose weight. Healthy body weight differs in everyone.

Then there are people who are on life saving medication. Should that be pulled because the medication makes them fat.

You are so twisting this around. Morbidly obese is called "morbidly" obese for a reason. OF COURSE, skinny, fat people and aging people sick. No one disputes that. Still no reason to glorify obese bodies, they need diets and exercise and for people to just keep their mouths shut. No fat shaming and no hurrahs! 

Edited by msrachelj