Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I get the feeling that whenever Sharon leaves that Brigitte will replace her. She’s a natural fit and like you said, she’s eccentric and kooky, but in a fun way. And she never comes across like a sanctimonious know-it-all. She’s great.

Make it happen powers that be!!!

• Love 8

I hope that Sheryl gets to meet the mystery comedian who filled in for her at the standup gig so she could go to the breakfast with Sharon that led to her getting the gig on the show. I hope that comedian will then come on the show!!

Has anyone else noticed how often Sharon says "and the thing is"? Just checking.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I'm so bummed that the show won't be on today. I was really looking forward to seeing Marla Gibbs - hopefully she can be rescheduled. From what I understand, the regular daytime programming will be preempted again on Friday - but since there are never live episodes on Friday anyway, I'm not that bummed about it. There will be no hearings tomorrow.

15 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I hope that Sheryl gets to meet the mystery comedian who filled in for her at the standup gig so she could go to the breakfast with Sharon that led to her getting the gig on the show. I hope that comedian will then come on the show!!

Has anyone else noticed how often Sharon says "and the thing is"? Just checking.

I hope so too!

Now that you mention it, I have. Lol 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

I'm so bummed that the show won't be on today. I was really looking forward to seeing Marla Gibbs - hopefully she can be rescheduled. From what I understand, the regular daytime programming will be preempted again on Friday - but since there are never live episodes on Friday anyway, I'm not that bummed about it. There will be no hearings tomorrow.

Try searching your OnDemand options to watch the missed episodes due to the impeachment hearings being aired.

TV shows are still being taped and aired as scheduled. I’m on the west coast and “The Talk” doesn’t air here until 2pm PST.

• Love 3

Schedule for the week:

Monday - The Talk hosts take a road trip to Las Vegas for the final “Donny & Marie” show residency after an eleven year run; exclusive performances and interviews with host Marie Osmond and brother Donny Osmond.

Tuesday -  Television personality Bruno Tonioli.

Wednesday - Grammy award-winning country star Garth Brooks.

Thursday - Actor Randall Park.

Friday - Oscar and Grammy Award winner Julie Andrews discusses her new book “Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years”. 

• Love 4
On 11/17/2019 at 10:23 PM, catlover79 said:

That is, if those of us in the Eastern and Central Time Zones can actually see the show. (How many impeachment hearings are scheduled for this week?)

Not sure about the whole week, but I heard there will be one tomorrow.

I thought about skipping today’s show, but decided to watch and I’m glad I did. Marie doing opera was insane! And it was cute seeing how excited and into it Eve, Sheryl and Carrie Ann were. Plus there was no Sharon! 

• Love 4
On 11/13/2019 at 5:24 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I hate to "stick it in & twist it" but the show was on here in (Calgary) today.  Sorry.  (Marla was so smart, sweet & adorable!!)

WOW!  I didn't know this episode actually aired somewhere.  Hopefully it will turn up somewhere.  I really wanted to see Marla Gibbs.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Not sure about the whole week, but I heard there will be one tomorrow.

I thought about skipping today’s show, but decided to watch and I’m glad I did. Marie doing opera was insane! And it was cute seeing how excited and into it Eve, Sheryl and Carrie Ann were. Plus there was no Sharon! 

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are the hearings scheduled this week. At least on Friday the hearings were over just as the (pre-taped) episode started. 

I hope that tomorrow's episode will be available to all because I want to hear their take on the Prince Andrew interview (and for Sheryl to give him a verbal smackdown the way only she can). I tweeted the show's official account asking for them to consider those of us not on Pacific/Mountain time and make the episode available in case of preemption. Hopefully, someone is listening. I too was disappointed to miss the Marla Gibbs interview.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed today’s show with Donny and Marie. I was also amazed at how good their voices still are and how long they lasted in Vegas. 

I saw the Osmonds way back in the early 70s, Donny in "Joseph" in the 90s and Donny and Marie in LV a few years ago. In fact I started watching "The Talk" because Marie has joined the show. I have tried watching over the years but the various configurations of hosts never worked for me. But I love these ladies together, I also loved that three of them went to the last LV show. I always thought I would get back for one more show, but never did. Amazing though that they parlayed a 6 week engagement into 11 years, but after seeing their show I can see why/how. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Thank goodness, today's show is available at CBS.com. ☺

I’ll have to watch it tomorrow, but did they talk about the movie exec who said no one would notice if Julia Roberts played Harriet Tubman? Some downright stupid people in this world, I swear! 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I’ll have to watch it tomorrow, but did they talk about the movie exec who said no one would notice if Julia Roberts played Harriet Tubman? Some downright stupid people in this world, I swear!

Who said that!?

Wednesday's episode (Garth Brooks) is also up On Demand. The first 15 minutes or so of today's show were preempted due to the hearings, but I did get to see them rip into Prince Andrew. ☺ I assume we will get the full episode On Demand as well. Tomorrow there are no hearings so we will get to see Julie Andrews with no interruptions!! ☺ My mom doesn't watch the show but she will watch when people like Carol Burnett are on and she's a huge Julie Andrews fan, so she will be tuning in for her. ❤

• Love 2
21 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Wednesday's episode (Garth Brooks) is also up On Demand. The first 15 minutes or so of today's show were preempted due to the hearings, but I did get to see them rip into Prince Andrew. ☺ I assume we will get the full episode On Demand as well. Tomorrow there are no hearings so we will get to see Julie Andrews with no interruptions!! ☺ My mom doesn't watch the show but she will watch when people like Carol Burnett are on and she's a huge Julie Andrews fan, so she will be tuning in for her. ❤

I caught the last part of their conversation about the priest who  questioned whether or not a suicide victim went to Heaven during his funeral. What a disgusting excuse for a man of God. Lord forbid one of his loved ones took their own lives and some callous prick sits on his or her perch condemning them for it.  He’d be singing a very different tune.

That was so sweet seeing Eve get emotional over Julie Andrews today. I don’t know much about her outside of her roles in “Mary Poppins” and “The Sound of Music”, but I’ll check out her book. She’s got some stories.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, rmcrae said:

That was so sweet seeing Eve get emotional over Julie Andrews today. I don’t know much about her outside of her roles in “Mary Poppins” and “The Sound of Music”, but I’ll check out her book. She’s got some stories.

It was wonderful seeing Eve (as well as the other ladies) so in awe of Julie Andrews. Marie actually played Maria in a touring production of The Sound of Music. I now know what I will be buying my mom for Christmas!! ☺

• Love 3

Schedule for Monday to Wednesday:

Monday - Actress Jamie Lee Curtis ("Knives Out"); television judges Carson Kressley and Wanda Wenn.

Tuesday - Actor Don Johnson ("Knives Out").

Wednesday - Country singer Shania Twain.

Thursday is a repeat of the Halloween show and Friday is preempted by the football game.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

Brigitte’s back! 

This is the first time I recall Brigitte guest-hosting with Sharon there. Usually, she fills in for Sharon. I hope Carrie Ann feels better soon. She's really come into her own as moderator. I think she's at least as good as Julie in that department. I also like her animated delivery, where Julie's was...let's all say it...Chenrobotic.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Brigitte’s back! 

I’m glad Marie clarified her comment about her daughter “turning gay”. I knew she didn’t mean it that way, but it was still a bit cringey. 

Ditto.

I’m always excited to watch when Brigitte is on.

As soon as Marie said that, I cringed too. I think she’s a sweet woman and don’t think she meant it that way either. I’m glad she immediately clarified. I’m all for being socially aware and respectful but feel bad if someone who means will gets ripped apart. I’ve noticed a lot of criticism of Marie but haven’t heard anything hateful straight from her mouth to deserve it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Ditto.

I’m always excited to watch when Brigitte is on.

As soon as Marie said that, I cringed too. I think she’s a sweet woman and don’t think she meant it that way either. I’m glad she immediately clarified. I’m all for being socially aware and respectful but feel bad if someone who means will gets ripped apart. I’ve noticed a lot of criticism of Marie but haven’t heard anything hateful straight from her mouth to deserve it. 

I haven't either, but I think some of the criticism comes from her tendency to "lay it on thick" and be too "on" sometimes, but having her be a full-time host has shown more depth to her personality. To me, anyway.

I love Shania Twain. I don't know her music beyond her hits, but I read her memoir From This Moment On (which I highly recommend) years ago and what a life she's had coming from an abusive, poverty-stricken and becoming a superstar. Then marrying (who she thought was) the love of her life and facing a double betrayal thanks to her aptly named ex Mutt (no offense to all the dogs out there) and her fake friend getting together behind her back.

Anyway, have a great Thanksgiving, everybody! :)   

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I haven't either, but I think some of the criticism comes from her tendency to "lay it on thick" and be too "on" sometimes, but having her be a full-time host has shown more depth to her personality. To me, anyway.

I love Shania Twain. I don't know her music beyond her hits, but I read her memoir From This Moment On (which I highly recommend) years ago and what a life she's had coming from an abusive, poverty-stricken and becoming a superstar. Then marrying (who she thought was) the love of her life and facing a double betrayal thanks to her aptly named ex Mutt (no offense to all the dogs out there) and her fake friend getting together behind her back.

Anyway, have a great Thanksgiving, everybody! 🙂   

I've read her memoir, too, and it was a very riveting read. My four-year-old nephew loves to dance to "Man! I Feel Like a Woman". ☺

As far as Marie, I think she's doing fine. I think a lot of the criticism has to do with how different her persona is from OG Sara's. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Ahh, I see. I can get that.

Ditto about Shania. I'll have to watch the episode. Her story is indeed full of highs and lows. She's such a strong and inspiring woman. 

I hope you and everyone else have a great Thanksgiving too! :)

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I love Shania Twain. I don't know her music beyond her hits, but I read her memoir From This Moment On (which I highly recommend) years ago and what a life she's had coming from an abusive, poverty-stricken and becoming a superstar. Then marrying (who she thought was) the love of her life and facing a double betrayal thanks to her aptly named ex Mutt (no offense to all the dogs out there) and her fake friend getting together behind her back.  ***

***  You forgot to mention that she "got together" with her fake friend's husband & they're now married.  (He's a doll!!!)

• Love 5
19 hours ago, catlover79 said:

As far as Marie, I think she's doing fine. I think a lot of the criticism has to do with how different her persona is from OG Sara's.

My problem with her is that she feels very fake to me. I don't like her one upmanship(is this even a word). And half the time she is starting to tell a story I tune out because I swear she is making that stuff up. It just feels so fake to me.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, xfuse said:

My problem with her is that she feels very fake to me. I don't like her one upmanship(is this even a word). And half the time she is starting to tell a story I tune out because I swear she is making that stuff up. It just feels so fake to me.

Agree. She looks and sounds fake. How weird must it be to have grown up in that family, Mormon and in the spotlight. 

On 11/27/2019 at 1:13 AM, rmcrae said:

Brigitte’s back! 

I’m glad Marie clarified her comment about her daughter “turning gay”. I knew she didn’t mean it that way, but it was still a bit cringey. 

Sure she did. Look up Mormons and how they feel about being gay.

Edited by msrachelj
  • Love 2
On 11/20/2019 at 11:58 PM, rmcrae said:

OH for sure there are plenty of downright stupid people in this world!!! Just look at it!

• Love 1

Schedule for the new week:

Monday - Actor Ian Somerhalder; actress Jenna Dewan co-hosts.

Tuesday - Country music singer Brad Paisley; actress Brigitte Nielsen co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actor David Boreanaz.

Thursday - Talk show host Jimmy Kimmel.

Friday - Cyndi Lauper talks and performs; a countdown of must-have gifts.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Dang lost my quotes....Grrrr....OK first of all I don't know why the fuck I burst into tears when Julie Andrews came out! It was a rough week here I guess. (I watched a few weeks yesterday) 

Lot's of great musical guests. Huge fan of Shania Twain, Hootie and the Blowfish and X Ambassadors. 

Favorite guests...Peter Bergman, Jamie Lee Curtis, Annie Potts and Craig T. Nelson. 

Yeah Marie wasn't great with the conversation about her daughter but I'm betting she hasn't had much experience in that area. I saw it as uniformed rather than malicious. I'm not thrilled with the addition of Marie because I find her a lil too bland for me. But hey, we could have gotten worse.

The table runs fairly smooth and I don't require 3 joints to get through it so I won't complain. Much.  

Eating a full dinner while talking is just a bad idea. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Glad that Carrie Ann is better and back.  I thought she looked especially pretty today.🤔  And even though SO isn’t my fave, I did Iike her jacket.  And I have to admit Marie is better than I originally thought she’d be.  But how does she walk in those shoes!?  Look like ankle busters to me, and would be on me. 👠

• LOL 4