Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

On 10/31/2019 at 11:35 PM, RealHousewife said:

I think if I have to pick, I'd go with Carrie Ann too. Eve's was a very cool transformation and fun for Halloween, but Carrie's resemblance to J.Lo & her amazing dancing were quite the combination. I'd probably be the most wowed by Eve just looking at a picture, because she naturally looks nothing like RuPaul.

When I first heard Eve would be RuPaul I wasn’t sure if she’d be able to pull it off, but she definitely did. It was a fun performance and I liked her’s and Carrie Ann’s the best followed by Marie. Sheryl’s was funny (along with the deep voice mic during her interview), but I wouldn’t have crowned her the winner. Bless Stevie Knicks for claiming she didn’t know if it was her or Sharon during Sharon’s half-assed performance. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

This week’s schedule:

Monday - Actor Patrick Wilson.

Tuesday - Actress Kellie Pickler; actress Vicki Lawrence.

Wednesday - Hootie & The Blowfish perform.

Thursday - Actress Annie Potts and actor Craig T. Nelson.

Friday - The Talk celebrates it’s 2000th episode with a special “Greatest Moments Countdown”. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, catlover79 said:

For once, I have to agree with Sharon. I've never particularly liked the song, but something about what John Legend did with the lyrics bugs me. I don't even know how to explain it.

That’s the downside to the #MeToo movement. There’s nothing in the song that suggests rape or forcing a woman to do something she doesn’t want to do and throwing in a new line about “your body, your choice” is just (for lack of a better word) lame. And preachy. Like Dean Martin’s daughter said, if you don’t like the original lyrics then don’t cover the song. 

• Love 7

It was great to see Vicki Lawrence on the show today, and I can relate to her problem since over the past decade and a half I've had issues with hives. Sheryl and Sharon handled the discussion with Vicki and the doctor very well. Kudos to all.

• Love 3

That T.I. story was so inappropriate. On what planet is it ok to discuss your daughter’s virginity and sex life? Not to mention the hypocrisy of practically giving his teenage son a high five for being sexually active. Would you feel the same way if, g-d forbid, he got a girl pregnant?   

• Love 9

He's definitely the creepiest dad in the public eye this side of Joe Simpson. I feel sorry for the poor daughter, who has to be mortified that all this has gone public. If my dad ever did that to me, I'd put myself up for adoption!! 😳😠

• Love 6

I love how genuinely excited and honored Carrie Ann was to be a question on Jeopardy! Her reactions were so cute. It was also nice that the show honored frequent guest/fill-in host Pat Harvey for her 30th anniversary at KCBS. She is indeed an inspiration for all women. ☺

• Love 4

I did a stint of the four day work week, 4 10 hour days.  Easy Peasy  when you’re in your 20s or 30s, a bit harder in your 40s as I was, after that I went to  4 8 hour days a week, making 80%, in my 50s.  By then the time off was more important.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

I did a stint of the four day work week, 4 10 hour days.  Easy Peasy  when you’re in your 20s or 30s, a bit harder in your 40s as I was, after that I went to  4 8 hour days a week, making 80%, in my 50s.  By then the time off was more important.

Oh four 10’s is no walk in the park! I thought they meant getting an extra paid day off.

• LOL 1

My company went to a four day week ... 8.5 hrs. with .5 hr. for lunch.  Cake walk for me in my forties, but when I left there & took another five day job (more money & better benefits), I felt really deprived & tired until I got used to it!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm taking this show off my DVR. Marie and Eve are nice but they are soooo boring and they don't have a particularly interesting take on anything. Julie, Aisha, and Sara atleast brought an interesting perspective. This show is a snooze to me now.

• Love 1

Watching today's 2000th episode. 

How hateful of Sharon to only acknowledge Julie Chen by saying how nice it was to see her in a clip from the first season. Nary a mention of Holly Robinson Peete or Leah Remini.

Overall I enjoyed this clip show.

I am now wondering who Sharon will have fired in the upcoming weeks. The final straw for Holly and Leah was the food fight. The ladies clearly orchestrated that cake in Sharon's face. LOL She was shocked and then started laughing. Kind of hoping no one gets fired.🙄

• Love 3

As fun as the clip show was, it kind of lost something with just Sharon and Sheryl reminiscing about most of the clips. I know that obviously Julie, Leah and Holly wouldn't have been there, but couldn't Sara and Aisha return for this episode and join in the walk down memory lane? That would have been fun. Oh well.

I too noticed Sharon's shout out to Julie but not acknowleging Leah and Holly. Yikes.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mikita said:

How hateful of Sharon to only acknowledge Julie Chen by saying how nice it was to see her in a clip from the first season. Nary a mention of Holly Robinson Peete or Leah Remini.

I am now wondering who Sharon will have fired in the upcoming weeks. The final straw for Holly and Leah was the food fight. The ladies clearly orchestrated that cake in Sharon's face. LOL She was shocked and then started laughing. Kind of hoping no one gets fired.🙄

Sharon is a hateful petty bitch.  That infamous food fight was funny and spontaneous. Holly and Leah went all out.   I remember the nasty bitchy looks that Sharon, Julie and even Sara had on their faces. They were toast after that.  When they showed the clip with Sheryl's first episode, I noticed Sharon looking at Sheryl in a nasty way. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

They did discussed TI, Eve defended him by saying he was being funny and not serious. Sheryl gave some spiritual opinion that was not germane to the topic.  She was too understanding in my opinion.  Sharon did not really condemn him but I have a feeling that she held back..  The panel seems to believe that TI's creepiness is love for his daughter.  TI overstepped his bounds as a father. 

The only daytime host that went in on TI was Wendy Williams on her talk show.  TI is a creepy pig.  He has no problems with his 15 year old son having sex and potentially impregnating somebody's daughter.  Yet, he is intent on controlling and policing his daughter's body.  Social media is going after him hard and the two ladies who were laughing as he described his daughter's yearly humiliations.

I like Carrie Ann as a moderator but I feel that she rushes the topics at times. I get that they have a bunch of topics to discuss. However, I wish she would let the conversations flow organically.

I've since watched it, and I think they had a hard time condemning TI because they know him personally. Sharon had the most appropriate reaction imo. She said he shouldn't be talking about her sex life period, that it's freaky he goes to the gynecologist with her, that he should respect her privacy, and that he doesn't own her.

If TI was trying to be funny, he's got a bizarre sense of humor. 

TI's attitude towards his daughter's sexuality is so damaging. She may become ashamed of her body and sexuality, if she isn't already. Like "God knows what dad will do if I'm no longer a virgin, and the world may be shaming me for still being a virgin at 18." 

Good for Wendy! I grew up with a really strict father. It did cause me issues, but luckily he was nothing creepy like TI. My goodness!

• Love 6

Loni on The Real was the only one on there who really attempted to call TI out over there. I wasn't happy with the way they tried to comment on it either without really saying anything or changing the subject to their own behavior when young like that excused TI's behavior. I'm mad and sad to hear that The Talk went in the same direction in regards to this issue. He's made comments about owning half of his wife's vagina.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 5
Just now, Jaded said:

Loni on The Real was the only one on there who really attempted to call TI out over there. I wasn't happy with the way they tried to comment on it either without really saying anything or changing the subject to their own behavior when young like that excused TI's behavior. I'm mad and sad to hear that The Talk went in the same direction in regards to this issue.

I'm glad Loni called out TI. Maybe he's a nice person like these women are saying, but he needs to learn to do right by his daughter. Is there a forum to discuss The Real? I thought there used to be, but I couldn't find it last time I looked. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mikita said:

The Holly and Leah food fight! I missed it when it aired, but watched it on the CBS website (before the constant commercials got out of control) and they must’ve reshot the other’s reactions because Julie was grinning like a Cheshire Cat. I was surprised to hear she and Sharon were visibly aggravated. Well, not so much Sharon, but definitely Julie. 

I also caught that shade against them when Sharon said she missed Julie and ignored them. As much as I agreed with Sharon about Wendy Williams being a nasty shrew despite people kissing her ass, she’s no better. Those women haven’t publicly spoken about her in years yet she still makes digs at them. It’s pathetic.

7 hours ago, catlover79 said:

As fun as the clip show was, it kind of lost something with just Sharon and Sheryl reminiscing about most of the clips. I know that obviously Julie, Leah and Holly wouldn't have been there, but couldn't Sara and Aisha return for this episode and join in the walk down memory lane? That would have been fun. Oh well.

I too noticed Sharon's shout out to Julie but not acknowleging Leah and Holly. Yikes.

Same here. I had a good belly laugh watching Aisha’s fall again. She was feelin’ herself a bit too much then SPLAT! 😆

@RealHousewife, you can find The Real’s board in the “Other Non-Fiction Shows” section. I need to pop in and post there more myself.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

The Holly and Leah food fight! I missed it when it aired, but watched it on the CBS website (before the constant commercials got out of control) and they must’ve reshot the other’s reactions because Julie was grinning like a Cheshire Cat. I was surprised to hear she and Sharon were visibly aggravated. Well, not so much Sharon, but definitely Julie. 

I also caught that shade against them when Sharon said she missed Julie and ignored them. As much as I agreed with Sharon about Wendy Williams being a nasty shrew despite people kissing her ass, she’s no better. Those women haven’t publicly spoken about her in years yet she still makes digs at them. It’s pathetic.

Same here. I had a good belly laugh watching Aisha’s fall again. She was feelin’ herself a bit too much then SPLAT! 😆

@RealHousewife, you can find The Real’s board in the “Other Non-Fiction Shows” section. I need to pop in and post there more myself.

That’s where I remember it, but for some reason I can’t see it anymore! If you post there, please let me know! Thanks so much. I used to post there too and only stopped when I didn’t see it anymore.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I had a good belly laugh watching Aisha’s fall again. 

Poor girl - we got to see it from several different camera angles, too!! For Aisha's sake, I hope she wasn't wearing platforms (she doesn't need them!). I also laughed at the clip where the ladies all came out at the start of the show and Sharon headed straight for the restroom!! 😳😂

• LOL 4
On 11/8/2019 at 5:02 PM, Mikita said:

I know most people don't like Sharon but it's not hateful if a clip is mainly of one person talking and she said she missed that person. It has been over nine years since they have been gone she doesn't have to mention them especially when they don't really appear in clips. She doesn't pick the clips. 

• Love 1
On 11/9/2019 at 1:11 AM, catlover79 said:

To finish my thoughts on the clip of Sharon heading to the restroom, it brings a whole new meaning to the term "exit stage left"!! 😳😉😂 Ah, the adventures of live TV!!

Honestly live TV is so much pressure! I get embarrassed enough having to excuse myself to go to the ladies room without an audience and cameras. 

• Love 3

Schedule for the week:

Monday - Eve celebrates her birthday with a studio audience filled with female entrepreneurs; actress Brigitte Nielsen guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Singer Adam Lambert discusses his new album “Velvet” and performs.

Wednesday - Actress Marla Gibb.

Thursday - Actor Kyle McLachlan.

Friday -  Actor Patrick Stewart; actor Peter Bergman from “Young and the Restless”. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Schedule for the week:

Monday - Eve celebrates her birthday with a studio audience filled with female entrepreneurs; actress Brigitte Nielsen guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Singer Adam Lambert discusses his new album “Velvet” and performs.

Wednesday - Actress Marla Gibb.

Thursday - Actor Kyle McLachlan.

Friday -  Actor Patrick Stewart; actor Peter Bergman from “Young and the Restless”. 

Oh my, my ... this old lady sure likes me some Adam Lambert.  Can't wait!!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, catlover79 said:

It's been a very catty week so far! You had Brigitte vs. Madonna yesterday and today it was Sharon vs. Chrissy Teigen!! "The talk show you were on (FABLife) didn't even last a season!!" 😳😄😂

LOL the shade! I had no idea Chrissy ever even had a show. 

TBH though, I agree with Sharon. The song is a classic. It's definitely cheeky, but in innocent, playful way. There are so many gross, misogynistic songs out there. Baby It's Cold Outside is not one of them. And Sharon was also right, that this is a group of self-made women who have lead interesting lives and are paid because us fans enjoy listening to their views. It's not a show made to talk crap, just share honest opinions. The Talk is probably one of the most feel good shows out there. It's not political. It's not meant to be a malicious gossip show. It's like watching a chat among girlfriends. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

LOL the shade! I had no idea Chrissy ever even had a show. 

TBH though, I agree with Sharon. The song is a classic. It's definitely cheeky, but in innocent, playful way. There are so many gross, misogynistic songs out there. Baby It's Cold Outside is not one of them. And Sharon was also right, that this is a group of self-made women who have lead interesting lives and are paid because us fans enjoy listening to their views. It's not a show made to talk crap, just share honest opinions. The Talk is probably one of the most feel good shows out there. It's not political. It's not meant to be a malicious gossip show. It's like watching a chat among girlfriends. 

... but SO manages to make it mean-spirited!!!  (I detected a threat to Chrissy ... keep it up chicky & you'll get more than you bargained for!!)  Just sayin'.

Edited by Medicine Crow
typo
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

... but SO manages to make it mean-spirited!!!  (I detected a threat to Chrissy ... keep it up chicky & you'll get more than you bargained for!!)  Just sayin'.

I do think Sheryl, Carrie Ann, Eve, and Marie are the sweeter hosts. Sharon was never my favorite. But I thought Chrissy could have said something about Sharon being entitled to her opinion and left it at that. Sharon also could have absolutely been gentler in her response, and I agree she was warning Chrissy to not take it further. 

• Love 6

I can’t stand Sharon (and I’m in good company ;)), but the dig about Chrissy’s talk show not lasting more than a season made me laugh too. Yes, Sharon has made a career out of talking shit and I’d usually be on the side of anyone who had the balls to publicly say it, but it wasn’t justified in this case. The mini-threat was unnecessary and I did see a glimpse of the old Sharon there. Chrissy girl, just let it go. Don’t give Miss Hannigan any more ammo. 

Marie, give the heels a rest. No wonder you’re falling so much. Bless your heart.

I guess this is the last episode for awhile until the Impeachment Hearings are over. 

• Love 6

I think it's funny Sharon has the least fans (at least here), but she's the last OG. 

I think someone like Brigitte would be great because she's somewhat outrageous like Sharon, but she seems to be a kinder human. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I think it's funny Sharon has the least fans (at least here), but she's the last OG. 

I think someone like Brigitte would be great because she's somewhat outrageous like Sharon, but she seems to be a kinder human. 

I get the feeling that whenever Sharon leaves that Brigitte will replace her. She’s a natural fit and like you said, she’s eccentric and kooky, but in a fun way. And she never comes across like a sanctimonious know-it-all. She’s great.

• Love 9