Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Same. I wanted to reach through that screen and scoop the baby up in one hand and pop that pathetic excuse for a mother upside her head with the other. 

I’d never heard of Raquel Welch being a diva before Marie’s story, but I also never really followed Raquel’s career. 

I hate to say it since she’s bound to say or do something to piss me off, but Sharon hasn’t been too annoying and hateful lately. That being said, I still want Brigitte in her seat full-time.

Me too. It broke my heart. Brigitte also said she'd take the baby. 

Ditto on Raquel.

You're right. Sharon's been pretty tame lately. I also enjoy Brigitte every time she's on.  

• Love 2

Shemar Moore is just so exhausting.

Brigitte Neilsen is just so wonderful.

Marie Osmond has grown on me and I really like her.

To echo the board, Sharon has indeed been on her best behavior because she no longer has Julie to watch her back.

I missed Carrie Ann this week, she is the best moderator on the show. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Shemar Moore is just so exhausting.

Brigitte Neilsen is just so wonderful.

Marie Osmond has grown on me and I really like her.

To echo the board, Sharon has indeed been on her best behavior because she no longer has Julie to watch her back.

I missed Carrie Ann this week, she is the best moderator on the show.

Hopefully she’ll be back next week. Sharon’s not as dreadful as usual when moderating (no overdramatic reading and jazz hands, thank goodness) and Marie and Eve are decent, but it throws things off a bit without Carrie Ann. 

That story Marie told about her friend who forgave the man who shot and killed her husband was moving. I know that the young man who forgave the female officer who shot and killed his brother has gotten a lot of criticism for hugging her, but if that helps him release the anger and pain of his loss, he has the right to do so. I don’t know what I would do in that situation and I hope I never am. *knocks on wood*

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

missed Carrie Ann this week, she is the best moderator on the show. 

Did they ever say why she was missing? I fast-forward the intro, so I must have missed it.

This week’s schedule:

Monday - Actresses Tichina Arnold and Beth Behrs discuss the new season of CBS’ The Neighborhood.

Tuesday - Actor Adam Devine discusses his new film “Jexi”.

Wednesday - Host Sharon Osbourne’s birthday celebration with an audience full of cancer survivors and fighters; actress Shannen Doherty.

Thursday - Actress Kristen Bell.

Friday - Singer Adam Lambert discusses his new album “Velvet” and performs his new song “Superpower”.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Did anyone watch DWTS? I don't watch but I saw the clip on the show today.  That was Leah Remini sitting at the judges table right, did anyone acknowledge she used to be on the talk?

I didn’t see DWTS either, but I’d be surprised if they did mention Leah was an original host. 

I felt bad for Carrie Ann when she got emotional about her illnesses isolating her from others, but (Lord forgive me) I did laugh when Sharon whipped her around after Carrie Ann said she could relate to the guys who’d “fallen in love” with those silicon dolls (unlike them, Carrie Ann leans on her pets to provide comfort and ease her loneliness). I understand her point about some people struggling with forming relationships with real people because of social anxiety and low self-esteem, but come on! Those guys creeped me out. They’re not hurting anyone, but the idea that a sex doll has gotten you through hard times and you both love each other is just plain weird to me. 

Edited by rmcrae
Misread the question
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Did anyone watch DWTS? I don't watch but I saw the clip on the show today.  That was Leah Remini sitting at the judges table right, did anyone acknowledge she used to be on the talk?

Nothing on either show was mentioned about Leah being an original co-host of the Talk.

BTW, Leah was extremely irritating on DWTS. If you saw just a small glimpse of her antics on DWTS, you'd immediately know why she was let go from the Talk. Now I finally get it😞😵

Edited by MsTree
spelling
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Brigitte is always a lot of fun. OK, I could have done without her making out with Shemar Moore, but no one's perfect. 😂

Omg, no more Shemar Moore he's also too damn much. I once saw him make out with the "ain't nobody got time for that!" Lady, on WWHL.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I had grown to really like this show. I still like it but I'm not feeling Marie Osmand.  Carnie Wilson seemed like a better fit imo.

I'm always surprised that I enjoy Bridgett Neilson. 😁

I remember seeing Brigitte for the first time on Surreal Life. She couldn’t keep her clothes on! Lol I thought she was wild. I guess she is, but she has a beautiful spirit. I was also surprised how much I enjoy her on The Talk. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I had grown to really like this show. I still like it but I'm not feeling Marie Osmand.  Carnie Wilson seemed like a better fit imo.

I'm always surprised that I enjoy Bridgett Neilson. 😁

I'm not crazy about Marie, but she's had quite the life & has a lot to offer at the table.  She seems like a nice person ... YMMV!!!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I still like it but I'm not feeling Marie Osmand. 

For me she brings nothing to the show.

I also starting to wonder if she is making up half the stories she tells. 'I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16.' 'I told my daughter that what high school was for to date and find what you like in a guy. I dated a lot.'

It seems like whatever the situation is or what story is brought up she always experienced it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Sheryl was 100% on point today when she talked about Matt Lauer and grooming. She knows whereof she speaks, and I myself went through a similar experience. It wasn't work-related, but that was just about the only difference.

5 hours ago, xfuse said:

I also starting to wonder if she is making up half the stories she tells. 'I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16.' 'I told my daughter that what high school was for to date and find what you like in a guy. I dated a lot.'

It seems like whatever the situation is or what story is brought up she always experienced it. 

I don't think she's making the no dating until 16 thing up. I remember hearing that rule mentioned when I was growing up as a fan of the Osmonds. It seems like that might have also been the rule for her brothers as well.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Brooke Shields was apparently considered for The View. Was she ever considered for The Talk? 

I remember Brooke filling in a lot last year just before Julie left and again in this past spring. She did a great job and would’ve made a good permanent host imo. 

4 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Sheryl was 100% on point today when she talked about Matt Lauer and grooming. She knows whereof she speaks, and I myself went through a similar experience. It wasn't work-related, but that was just about the only difference.

So sorry you went through that, catlover. *cyber hug* 

15 minutes ago, lurkerbee said:

I don't think she's making the no dating until 16 thing up. I remember hearing that rule mentioned when I was growing up as a fan of the Osmonds. It seems like that might have also been the rule for her brothers as well.

I wasn’t even a thought in my parent’s minds when the Osmonds were huge, but I remember hearing that as well. They came from a strict Mormon household. 

As nauseating as the Sharon b-day worship was, it was bearable thanks to having an audience full of cancer survivors/fighters. And Kelly, unless you’re playing Jan Crouch in a movie get that purple mess out of your hair! 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, xfuse said:

And bull shit she told her daughter if she is called a slut that is ok. Something to that effect. She seems to be maker up of stories. She just seems so phony.  Also, I can never get out of my memory how uncomfortably close she and Donny where on their show. Singing love songs together. 😲

• Love 1
11 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I remember Brooke filling in a lot last year just before Julie left and again in this past spring. She did a great job and would’ve made a good permanent host imo. 

So sorry you went through that, catlover. *cyber hug* 

I wasn’t even a thought in my parent’s minds when the Osmonds were huge, but I remember hearing that as well. They came from a strict Mormon household. 

As nauseating as the Sharon b-day worship was, it was bearable thanks to having an audience full of cancer survivors/fighters. And Kelly, unless you’re playing Jan Crouch in a movie get that purple mess out of your hair! 

Yeah she did a great job. I would have loved Brooke Shields as a permanent host. She is kind but still has something to say. 

I’m also very sorry @catlover79. Grooming is absolutely a thing. My experience growing up wasn’t like Sheryl’s, but I did go through situations that showed me how grooming works. I used to wonder why I had some of the same feelings as rape victims when I never had the stereotypical violent stranger in a back alley rape. It was because I had multiple people throughout the years touch me inappropriately. The people include men and women, and unfortunately family members. Now, as soon as someone is touchy feely with my body or makes sexual comments about me, I do my best to shut it down quickly. It’s absolutely true that predators try to see how far they can take it with you. I’ve made it clear with the men at my job that I don’t play. I think the metoo movement has helped some of them behave a little better out of fear. 

• Love 3

Why does this show persist in thinking that the majority care at all what is going on with Ozzy? I don't give a damn and feel they waste time with these Ozzy updates. The same when they go on and on about Sharon's in the tabloids find out why. I don't care!

• Love 9
On 10/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, Mikita said:

Why does this show persist in thinking that the majority care at all what is going on with Ozzy? I don't give a damn and feel they waste time with these Ozzy updates. The same when they go on and on about Sharon's in the tabloids find out why. I don't care!

I don’t care either, but they could’ve at least provided subtitles during the Ozzy clip. All I heard was a bunch of mumbling and bleeps. And of course Sharon using her English Granny/baby voice gushing over the “love of her life”. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I don’t care either, but they could’ve at least provided subtitles during the Ozzy clip. All I heard was a bunch of mumbling and bleeps. And of course Sharon using her English Granny/baby voice gushing over the “love of her life”. 🙄

One word:  BLECH!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Have you all noticed that Sharon has been extra nice this week. Nary a mean word has escaped her mouth recently. Earlier this week there was a topic about being mean online and she said something to the effect of "why be mean to someone you don't even know?" I was like 😲. Then when they talked about her feud with Simon Cowell she said she was never mad at him, business is business. I was like 😲😲. She's even praising Gwyneth Paltrow now! This is an imposter..Where's the Sharon we all love to hate.

Edited by Blissfool
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Have you all noticed that Sharon has been extra nice this week. Nary a mean word has escaped her mouth recently. Earlier this week there was a topic about being mean online and she said something to the effect of "why be mean to someone you don't even know?" I was like 😲. Then when they talked about her feud with Simon Cowell she said she was never mad at him, business is business. I was like 😲😲. She's even praising Gwyneth Paltrow now! This is an imposter..Where's the Sharon we all love to hate.

I don’t know why she’s been playing nice lately, but it won’t last. She’ll go back to her old ways soon. 

• Love 3

This week’s schedule:

Monday - Marie Osmond’s four brothers Alan, Wayne, Merrill and Jay, perform in honor of her 60th birthday.

Tuesday -  Actress Jamie Pressley.

Wednesday - Actress Camryn Manheim.

Thursday - Actor Jeremy Sisto; Blanco Brown talks and performs.

Friday - Actress Regina King.

• Love 2

I really liked the song Marie's brothers sang on her birthday celebration show the other day. It's so funny how the birthdays of the hosts all seem to come on at once...Sharon, Marie and Sheryl in October, Eve in November and Carrie Ann in January. Sheryl always has military veterans in the audience on her birthday so it will be nice to see that happen again. Didn't Chaka Khan perform on the show for one of Sheryl's birthdays?

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I really liked the song Marie's brothers sang on her birthday celebration show the other day. It's so funny how the birthdays of the hosts all seem to come on at once...Sharon, Marie and Sheryl in October, Eve in November and Carrie Ann in January. Sheryl always has military veterans in the audience on her birthday so it will be nice to see that happen again.Didn’t Chaka Khan perform on the show for one of Sheryl’s birthdays?

I remember Cheryl Lynn performing “Got to Be Real” and the Emotions surprising Sheryl for one of her birthday shows, but I don’t think Chaka’s ever been on. I’d love to see her on one of these days.

Sharon stuck up for Gwenyth Paltrow again today. I guess she’s trying to get her on as a guest. 

• Love 2

You're right, it was The Emotions that I was thinking of. Thanks for clarifying. Sheryl said in an episode last season that that was one of her best birthdays ever. 

By the way, Donny's birthday jingle to Marie is still stuck in my head. I cracked up when he broke out into "One Bad Apple", only to be cut off by Marie when she said they'd have to pay for the use of the song. 😂

I noticed too that Sharon did not take a swipe at Gwyneth Paltrow today. All right, who is this imposter and what has she done with Mrs. O? 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

If you don't want people singing the, specific, lyrics to your song, don't put those words in your friggin song. So, white or any non-black people, don't buy these songs, you will be crucified for singing them.  Problem solved. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, msrachelj said:

If you don't want people singing the, specific, lyrics to your song, don't put those words in your friggin song. So, white or any non-black people, don't buy these songs, you will be crucified for singing them.  Problem solved. 

99.9% of the time I would agree with that statement, but this situation seemed different to me. I don't know if you've seen the clip or if it would change your mind on the matter, but the lyric seemed very racist. It said "N_____s give me the heebee-jeebees." Then she broke out in laughter. I did not like it.

ETA: common sense should have told her this was not a smart idea. It makes me think she did it to make a statement. A stupid personal statement. 

Edited by Blissfool
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, Blissfool said:

99.9% of the time I would agree with that statement, but this situation seemed different to me. I don't know if you've seen the clip or if it would change your mind on the matter, but the lyric seemed very racist. It said "N_____s give me the heebee-jeebees." Then she broke out in laughter. I did not like it.

ETA: common sense should have told her this was not a smart idea. It makes me think she did it to make a statement. A stupid personal statement. 

She didn't write the lyrics! WTF are these artists writing this shit for? Stop using the word. The video, I agree. Why did she do it? Publicity?

15 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

She didn't write the lyrics! WTF are these artists writing this shit for? Stop using the word. The video, I agree. Why did she do it? Publicity?

I know she didn't write the lyrics. It's a song by The Fugees. But GR should have known better than to record herself proudly singing THAT lyric.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:

I’m black and I also don’t think anyone should use that word. That word has so much history behind it that can’t be erased or minimized.

As for Gina, I don’t know what possessed her to use the word in that video and upload it, knowing it would backfire. I don’t really follow her career, but from what I’ve seen of her she doesn’t come across as the “any publicity is good publicity” type. I don’t know. 

• Love 6

Why don’t they just rename this show The Marie Osmond Hour?  I’ll confess, I can’t stand this totally phony and fake person, but she never shuts her mouth, having her own personal story for everything.  Today, she said she was always late for things because of being abused as a child (I’m not saying she wasn’t abused, but as someone who used to work with abused kids, not every subsequent behavior is because of the abuse, but she makes it seem that way).  But besides that, if someone says something about anything, she’s either done it bigger, better or faster than anyone.  I bet if Mrs. O said Ozzy had a 9 inch dick, Marie would say her much richer husband had a 12 inch member. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Why don’t they just rename this show The Marie Osmond Hour?  I’ll confess, I can’t stand this totally phony and fake person, but she never shuts her mouth, having her own personal story for everything.  Today, she said she was always late for things because of being abused as a child (I’m not saying she wasn’t abused, but as someone who used to work with abused kids, not every subsequent behavior is because of the abuse, but she makes it seem that way).  But besides that, if someone says something about anything, she’s either done it bigger, better or faster than anyone.  I bet if Mrs. O said Ozzy had a 9 inch dick, Marie would say her much richer husband had a 12 inch member. 

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Well, it might explain why he had so many side pieces the last time Sharon put him out. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Today, she said she was always late for things because of being abused as a child (I’m not saying she wasn’t abused, but as someone who used to work with abused kids, not every subsequent behavior is because of the abuse, but she makes it seem that way).

I thought that was odd, too. And besides, the topic was causing drama, not inconveniencing-others-by-keeping-them-waiting-because-of-your-lack-of-consideration. 

10 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

But besides that, if someone says something about anything, she’s either done it bigger, better or faster than anyone.  I bet if Mrs. O said Ozzy had a 9 inch dick, Marie would say her much richer husband had a 12 inch member. 

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Marie is a one-upper.

• Love 8
On 10/18/2019 at 2:19 PM, KLovestoShop said:

But besides that, if someone says something about anything, she’s either done it bigger, better or faster than anyone.  I bet if Mrs. O said Ozzy had a 9 inch dick, Marie would say her much richer husband had a 12 inch member. 

This reminds me of that show tune, "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better". 😂 As for your last sentence, thanks for that visual! I think I'll go vomit now. 😱😷

• LOL 4