Type keyword(s) to search

Love After Lockup: Life After Lockup

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I think she’s withholding sex because she’s mad he won’t move to Utah and didn’t come back to Utah with them months ago. 

in a way, I get why she’s mad because when he was in prison, the plan was that he’d get out and move to Utah with them. Then, once he was out, he switched it up on her and said his PO won’t allow him to leave the state. So she said fine and reluctantly agreed to move to Cali with him until he serves out the remainder of his parole. But now that he’s off parole, he still won’t come to Utah. I can see why she’s pissed - she was willing to uproot her and her kid’s lives to go to LA to be with him and it seems like he’s unwilling to make that same sacrifice and give Utah a try. While I do think Lamar loves Andrea, I feel like he’s being selfish. He should at least come stay there for a year or so and see how he likes it. She did it for him, it’s the least he can do for her, after all she’s sacrificed for him. 
At the same time, I kinda feel like they are from 2 different worlds and cultures and I think Lamar is more accepting and open to Andrea’s world than she is to his. I think Andrea is very sheltered and can be very judgmental and uptight about behaviors that are relatively common everywhere - like the smoking and drinking thing, when she walked into the gathering of Lamar’s family getting high and drinking, she acts like they were committing a murder! In reality, weed and alcohol is a very common thing to have at informal adult social gatherings. And didn’t Andrea know Lamar smoked and drank? Was she completely oblivious to Lamar’s culture and what it entailed? I feel like Andrea should have been more aware of what she was getting into/who she was marrying, if all of this is such a problem for her. I don’t know that Andrea is compatible with a non-Mormon. Mormon values and ways of life are clearly pretty important to her and I just can’t see Lamar living that life and I can’t blame him, I wouldn’t wanna live the Mormon life, either. 
so, I see both sides of their conflict. I do think Lamar made some promises that he hasn’t kept, though. I have no doubt that the reason Andrea expects certain things from him is because he sang a very different tune to her while he was in prison and acted much more open to living her way of life than he actually turned out to be once released. 

For the most part, I agree, especially about the clash between their values. Unfortunately, Andrea has shown herself to be a huge hypocrite. Telling your children you got pregnant by the Holy Spirit? She lies like a rug and also seems to be quite the control freak, so she's lost my sympathy. Meanwhile, Lamar is at least looking like he really cares about the kids while she just seems to jerk them around.

ETA: As a religious conservative, I do understand where Andrea claims to be coming from. However, she seems really inauthentic at this point. She gets her panties in a wad over some relatively minor things, while not having a problem with camels.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Angela: "Oh, looks like I need to write a list of rules for my boyfriend, fiance,  fuckboy." *gets out paper and crayon*

Tony: "WTF is that smoke-infested, desperate woman doing now?"

Angela: "NO PROSTITUTES."

Tony: "What? Really? But baby, I LOVE you!"

Angela: "OK, let's get it on." 

Just about laughed myself into an asthma attack over this!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

I think she’s withholding sex because she’s mad he won’t move to Utah and didn’t come back to Utah with them months ago. 

in a way, I get why she’s mad because when he was in prison, the plan was that he’d get out and move to Utah with them. Then, once he was out, he switched it up on her and said his PO won’t allow him to leave the state. So she said fine and reluctantly agreed to move to Cali with him until he serves out the remainder of his parole. But now that he’s off parole, he still won’t come to Utah. I can see why she’s pissed - she was willing to uproot her and her kid’s lives to go to LA to be with him and it seems like he’s unwilling to make that same sacrifice and give Utah a try. While I do think Lamar loves Andrea, I feel like he’s being selfish. He should at least come stay there for a year or so and see how he likes it. She did it for him, it’s the least he can do for her, after all she’s sacrificed for him. 
At the same time, I kinda feel like they are from 2 different worlds and cultures and I think Lamar is more accepting and open to Andrea’s world than she is to his. I think Andrea is very sheltered and can be very judgmental and uptight about behaviors that are relatively common everywhere - like the smoking and drinking thing, when she walked into the gathering of Lamar’s family getting high and drinking, she acts like they were committing a murder! In reality, weed and alcohol is a very common thing to have at informal adult social gatherings. And didn’t Andrea know Lamar smoked and drank? Was she completely oblivious to Lamar’s culture and what it entailed? I feel like Andrea should have been more aware of what she was getting into/who she was marrying, if all of this is such a problem for her. I don’t know that Andrea is compatible with a non-Mormon. Mormon values and ways of life are clearly pretty important to her and I just can’t see Lamar living that life and I can’t blame him, I wouldn’t wanna live the Mormon life, either. 
so, I see both sides of their conflict. I do think Lamar made some promises that he hasn’t kept, though. I have no doubt that the reason Andrea expects certain things from him is because he sang a very different tune to her while he was in prison and acted much more open to living her way of life than he actually turned out to be once released. 
Their dynamic is a familiar one to me and I recognize it only because I’ve been through it - it’s one of those things where there’s more to it than meets the eye. Lamar APPEARS to be the more reasonable one because he is more patient with Andrea in everyday matters, but on big things, he is far less willing to sacrifice and she is far more willing to sacrifice. 
I do not think Lamar is a bad person, though. I think they are both decent people who love each other, but have fundamental differences that they may not be able to reconcile. 

I just don't understand why it's all so black and white for them and there are no efforts at a compromise.  

That part of LA is too extreme for Andrea.  And I don't think it's the people as much as it is the setting.  She is used to newer suburban developments where everything is very planned and spread out.  I cannot think of any part of LA proper that is that way.  And it's okay that she doesn't like that. 

Lamar doesn't want to live in a place that is ethnically and religiously non diverse.  That's okay too. 

But California is a giant state and so cal is huge.  Why has no one even broached the subject of moving to the inland empire?  Or the valley?  Or any of the fifty gazillion areas of so cal that are suburban developments?  

There are plenty Mormons living in San Bernardino county.  Move to Fontana - there are a ton of suburban developments in Fontana....there are Mormons and it's a little more diverse.  It's also like a little over an hour drive to LA.  Close enough so that Lamar/kids can visit and be exposed to a ton of culture.....but also far enough to not be constantly surrounded by the sprawl of the big city.  

I mean, it's just weird to me that there has never even been a discussion about possible compromises.....it's just either Utah or LA and nothing in between. 

• Love 17
On 1/31/2020 at 8:24 PM, candall said:

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying this closet conception story.  I've been visiting young Cousin Blacksheep for three years and the list of visitor rules is long and strictly enforced.  Nobody's off sneaky fucking in a broom closet.

J'accuse.

I’m popping in from the 90 DF (90day fuckery) forum to address this closet conception story.  I know this is mostly producer shenanigans, and Andrea is an actress, but I have some experience working in corrections.  Now I did not work in security, but I worked at a prison, and inmates absolutely have sex in closets during visitation and at any other time they can.  It’s not unheard of for the women inmates to cut the crotch out of their prison garb to improve access during these “get togethers”.  ETA: at the prison I worked at, there was a closet in the visitation room/activity room/gym.  Not all prisons keep inmates confined behind bars 24/7. That was inly reserved for the maximum security inmates.  The others were free to walk around parts of the institution during the day hours unless inmate counts were being done.  The level of freedom was mind boggling.  Don’t get me started on the shit that gets smuggled in. 

And there will always be a few lazy, neglectful and corrupt guards and officers willing to turn a blind eye in the name of a few bucks or because they also get in on the action.  Most officers and guards do a wonderful job though and put a stop to this kind of foolishness and criminality.  But they are usually underpaid and over worked or shorthanded.  And these folks aren’t incarcerated for ringing church bells.  Being slick is what landed their asses at the gray bat hotel to begin with.  

This is probably applicable in all states, but in my state, it is illegal to have sex with an inmate as they are a ward of the state and cannot consent.  Who would admit to that crime on tv? Also, Hepatitis is rampant in prisons, so why in the name of all things holy would you let an inmate raw dog you in a prison? There are easier ways to get a case of the scratchy snatch.  So while Andrea may be lying, it’s not improbable or impossible...in fact it’s one of the most believable things on this show.  

Working in corrections, in particular with inmate releases, visitation and wrap sheets, there are far more Michael/Sarah/MeganMyQueen scenarios than you would think.  Again, lots of producer shenanigans, but as Slick Rick once said “shit like this happens everyday”.  It never ceases to amaze they level of lowlife some women and men will fight over.  Fights have been known to break out in the parking lot and at the bus station on release day.  

As for everyone else, I lived in Mississippi, so I may know a real-life Angela or two.  And there were plenty of revolving door Traceys and Clints coming through the system. I definitely met some of their kind when processing inmates.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Useful 5
  • Love 12

Wow @Ijustwantsomechips and @candall for adding to my knowledge base about prison.  Most of what I've learned has been from MSNBC lock up. 

I toured a federal detention center, but I wasn't thinking about closet sex opportunities so my eyes weren't on the lookout 👀

It kinda sounds like it's facility dependent as to whether inmates have access to these..... opportunities?  

But, to be fair, Andrea and lamar seem to enjoy sex in odd locations.  How many times have they banged in a random carwash?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, renatae said:

For the most part, I agree, especially about the clash between their values. Unfortunately, Andrea has shown herself to be a huge hypocrite. Telling your children you got pregnant by the Holy Spirit? She lies like a rug and also seems to be quite the control freak, so she's lost my sympathy. Meanwhile, Lamar is at least looking like he really cares about the kids while she just seems to jerk them around.

ETA: As a religious conservative, I do understand where Andrea claims to be coming from. However, she seems really inauthentic at this point. She gets her panties in a wad over some relatively minor things, while not having a problem with camels.

I'd agree, except that Priscilla is 7, which means she got pregnant with her 8 years ago. Her  kids are now, what, 16 and 14? so it'd be ridiculous to tell them something like that now, but back when she was pregnant, they were 8 and 6. so, it makes sense she'd tell them some bullshit like that at the time and then she probably just never bothered to follow-up with the truth years later and they never asked, so she stupidly just thought "well maybe they still think that's how i got pregnant." Or maybe she just felt awkward having that convo w/her kids (and it is, indeed, an awkward conversation to have). 

I do agree it's a bit hypocritical of her to be so offended and intolerant of people smoking and drinking and meanwhile paying a trustee to fuck her prison boyfriend (boyfriend, at that, not husband, so pre-marital sex, a big no-no in the mormon church) in the closet. But given that it was 8 years ago, is it possible she was less religious/devout at the time? IDK, I'm just saying, 8 years is a long time.

I'm unclear on Andrea's background, like whether or not she grew up Mormon or if she's a convert. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Wow @Ijustwantsomechips and @candall for adding to my knowledge base about prison.  Most of what I've learned has been from MSNBC lock up

The idea that inmates are free to roam about the facility, have access to hair salons, get movie nights or have Krispy Kreme donuts and family picnics seem ludicrous, but it actually happens in some facilities.  There are prisons, and then there are adult daycare facilities for wayward residents like the one I worked in.  Really bad shit happened, and there were several murderers, rapists and mutilators, but it wasn’t nearly as a penitentiary-like as I thought it would be.  On my first day of work, it took 10 minutes before I realized the inmates were walking around freely and those weren’t nurses everywhere. Talk about a WTF moment.  

• Love 3
On 1/31/2020 at 9:24 PM, candall said:

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying this closet conception story.  I've been visiting young Cousin Blacksheep for three years and the list of visitor rules is long and strictly enforced.  Nobody's off sneaky fucking in a broom closet.

J'accuse.

Do they allow contact visits where your cousin is? 

18 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Well, Lysistrata she ain't, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 2/2/2020 at 2:45 PM, hookedontv said:

I am older and some of the changes in language have bothered me for no good reason, but I feel the need to outline them here:

1. I dislike using the word “female” for girl/woman/chick/lady/gal. Both guys and gals use it and it makes me bug.

2. Being on your period: I have always said that someone has their period, they are not on or off it. 

3. Waiting on someone/something: I still say waiting for someone/something. 

4. Going to prom: Sorry, I went to the prom. 

Anyway, now that I got that off my chest, a few show comments: Angela is equally gross & stupid. She can’t not smoke-I bet she wakes up every couple hours at night and lights up in bed. If you have to make a list of “dont’s” for your fiancé, you need to move on. 

Andrea honestly looks as stupid as she is, she just has a perpetual dumb look on her face. Those poor kids, as if they would ever believe she got pregnant by “the Holy Spirit.” She’s a terrible mother. 

Sarah certainly has a “type.” 

Let’s face it, everyone on this show is terrible, no common sense, desperate, refuses to put their kids first. 

Totally with you on the rules of grammar. What a world.

• Love 3

Apparently, correct grammar ceased to exist when this latest crop of society's rejects was growing up.  Do they not realize every time they say the "f" word (and that is OFTEN), that they are bleeped?  Sometimes the only word that comes thru the bleeps is "like."  So frequently, all I ever hear is "like, bleep....like, bleep."  It's very frustrating and I'm on the verge of turning this drivel off to avoid the irritation.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I've had a long week. I am ready to unwind tonight with Life After Lockup tonight. What a shitshow, though I'm tired of these people and ready for a new crew. 

I am right there with you.  Thank god it's Friday!!!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

I've had a long week. I am ready to unwind tonight with Life After Lockup tonight. What a shitshow, though I'm tired of these people and ready for a new crew. 

Am I awful for wishing that one of Mike's "queens" will "accidentally" hit the gas pedal instead of the brake when he's walking in front of her car?

Even better . . . Megan's father . . . or Roc!!!!

Some of these women are so desperate to have a "man" in their life that they need someone else to thin the herd of the real losers.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 2/3/2020 at 11:40 AM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

And there will always be a few lazy, neglectful and corrupt guards and officers willing to turn a blind eye in the name of a few bucks or because they also get in on the action.

Didn't Andrea say she paid someone off to have closet time? I have no trouble believing she was able to have sex with Lamar when he was incarcerated. I read Shane Bauer's book American Prison not long ago, when he went undercover as a prison guard in a private prison (you can read a shorter expose here, if you're so inclined). He made nine bucks an hour. Pretty easy to be tempted with the take if you're making low wages.

On 2/3/2020 at 12:58 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

The idea that inmates are free to roam about the facility, have access to hair salons, get movie nights or have Krispy Kreme donuts and family picnics seem ludicrous

I just finished Just Mercy (the book) so I'm all in my feelings about the criminal justice system, but I don't think this sounds ludicrous at all.

On 2/3/2020 at 12:52 PM, SheTalksShit said:

I'm unclear on Andrea's background, like whether or not she grew up Mormon or if she's a convert. 

Me too. Her older kids have grown up in the church so it seems to me like she's been Mormon for at least as long as she's been a parent. But I'm fascinated by how a Black person ends up in the Mormon church, to be honest. As has been discussed, the church was very anti-Black until fairly recently so I'm curious about how she got involved with it.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I work with a bunch of morons, so I am in heaven with this bunch of chucklefucks to wind me down into the weekend. They make my moronic coworkers seem like they can be more manageable come Monday

HA I first read " I work with a bunch of MORMONS" LOL sorry but that made my day for some reason,  I'm almost sure Andrea is not a true practicing Mormon, more like an actress who has enlisted a lot of help. Oh its almost time for the new episode...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Josh sees all of the red flags with Cheryl. Why is he marching toward his doom??

ETA: I want a laundry room like Clint’s parents’. But I do not want it if it has to be located in Hobbs, New Mexico

Edited by PityFree
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Doesn't Angela have a job to go to? She can't spy on Tony 24/7 and if she feels she needs to spy on him then obviously that should be a big red flag.

10 minutes ago, kacesq said:

OMG another season of the pedophile enabler? And damn...Honey Boo Boo....

edited to say I can't believe they are giving June another season, they are just enabling her by giving her a paycheck.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 1

Well, it's been the shitshow I was looking for!  Cheryl is a moron, of course.  Andrea and Lamar at the sex shop.... Eewww... Clint & Momma, poor Momma.  She's given birth to a complete idiot and I agree, his parents needs to change the locks ASAP!

Britney and these other kids... Good Gawd.  Stop with the having kids already, stupid!

Here we go with Meganmyqueen...... Ugh, but she's gonna crap her pants when Miami Maria shows up to see the pretty girls with Daddy!  Sarah's gonna have a cow!  Oh yeah dipshit: He's not recognizing the "value" of Megan!  LOL!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Doesn't Angela have a job to go to? She can't spy on Tony 24/7 and if she feels she needs to spy on him then obviously that should be a big red flag.

I missed it, is Mama June getting another season?

Yes...with a “Family Crisis” subtitle...

the commercial is ridiculous. Honey Boo Boo eating cereal with a pic of Mama June on the milk carton...

I’m adopted and I don’t think I want to sit thru Brittany trying to find the kids...

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Unfortunately she really loves the scraps Tony gives her ...she's trying to buy his love ,

and can't see that he's been using her and will continue to use her until she puts a a stop to it 

• Love 4

I still chuckle over the glammed up Sarah and Meghan in those intro cards...it’s so opposite of what they normally look like...

Mumbles always presents his side pieces as some big deep relationship...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

I still chuckle over the glammed up Sarah and Meghan in those intro cards...it’s so opposite of what they normally look like...

Mumbles always presents his side pieces as some big deep relationship...

Cause they're his money 

This ain't the first trip for andrea 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Old Clint better take the Goddess to get some bar-b-que STAT!  Wonder if her head's been totally shaved?  Wait what?? It's a wig!  Guards are "rude".... Lawdy, these pitiful people.  And those poor animals - wonder if THEY get to eat??

• Love 2