Type keyword(s) to search

sMothered - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm side eyeing Miguel. Sarah will constantly worry about her mother because she found her mother unconscious due to a diabetic crisis when she was a child. Her mother does not do a good job of managing her illness. Out of all of the mother/daughter relationships on smothered, Sarah and her mom's are the most normal. 

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

OMG, Giant Purple Hair girl helping her mother get dressed like she is an invalid! I did notice that Marshall's sticker on the bottom of her shoe.

I wanted to smack SunME through the TV. The day of my breast biopsy I went to work prior and picked up my 3 year old at the sitter afterwards. Didn't need anyone brushing my damn hair and putting my shoes on for me. 

Those were Sarah's PAJAMAS? She looked ready to go to a nightclub, thought those were those new one piece shorts/jumpers that are popular now. Anyone notice she left glitter on the car seat? That entire bit was staged, Laurie wasn't even faking sleep well. Mr. Snarky is a Diabetic with a heart condition who is horrible at managing himself (basically like a toddler who's Diabetic and helps himself to sweets and junk food whenever I'm not around). He's also 80 pounds overweight. He works a full time job as a steel construction project manager walking job sites in the Georgia heat regularly. And even I don't hover/worry about him as much as Sarah with her Mom. Me thinks Laurie is not exactly at death's door as they are trying to let on. 

Anyone else notice that Frank looks like he's trying to hold in bad gas whenever Mary is speaking? Yes, Frank, she IS going to make your pay for your supposed indiscretion forever, and make herself into the female Michael Jackson in the process. (Not much surgery, my ASS, Mary!) Loved the smarmy plastic surgeon and Brittani sitting there like a child during the exam while Mommy explained everything to the Pediatrician, um, Surgeon. 

All we could get out of Kathy and Cristina was a waxing session this week? Evidently there isn't much going on outside of house remodel and Carly having a secret boyfriend.

I can't with Dawn anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if she sat there watching at the foot of the bed when Belle was created. There was nothing Cher or Jared could have said to make her not think that they wanted her to leave because she did something wrong. Well you did Dawn, you over-stepped your boundaries over and over again, and can't take a hint.

I cringe whenever I hear Alena singing. I'm sorry, but I don't hear a drop of talent. The songs sound...creepy.

So many "exciting moments" for next week, I guess we're at the season finale already?

Edited by snarkish
Forgot to mention more annoying participants
  • Love 9

I was thinking Dawn wasn't so bad, but her "oh poor me" this week when Cher and her husband wanted time alone with their newborn was ridiculous. Then the "now you have a new best friend" to Cher. So manipulative. 

Brittany is very, very creepy. She wanted to sit on her mom's lap at the surgeon's office? That is weird. Having their surgery on the same day isn't a bonding experience. Those two are the worst.

Tooth-smeller and her daughter with the disco jammies -- if mom needs that much medical attention, she should have a private nurse or the daughter should just live with her. 

Kathy and Cristina are over the top, but they continue to make me laugh, not completely cringe. It's funny how a bikini wax becomes completely benign since we've been treated to mother-daughter nude photo sessions and high colonics. 

• Love 11

This show seems so fake.  Brittany  and her mom sounded like they were reading bad dialogue in that scene of them talking about getting surgery. 

And Laurie was "sleeping" on the sofa in full makeup with the lights on and fully miked, yea ok. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

This show seems so fake.  Brittany  and her mom sounded like they were reading bad dialogue in that scene of them talking about getting surgery. 

And Laurie was "sleeping" on the sofa in full makeup with the lights on and fully miked, yea ok. 

And with the sliders unlocked!

Brittany and her mother are so awkward to watch, Brittany has no affectation in her voice at all, she uses weird vernacular like, "my first crush was a female," "men treat like a sex object," (I am sure they do not),who talks like that?   She thinks that cosmetic surgery will bring her closer to her mother...why does she feel like there is a space between them that she needs to find a way to be closer, they are pretty much joined at the hip. 

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And with the sliders unlocked!

Brittany and her mother are so awkward to watch, Brittany has no affectation in her voice at all, she uses weird vernacular like, "my first crush was a female," "men treat like a sex object," (I am sure they do not),who talks like that?   She thinks that cosmetic surgery will bring her closer to her mother...why does she feel like there is a space between them that she needs to find a way to be closer, they are pretty much joined at the hip. 

The only way Brittany resembles a sex toy is if she were a REALLY off-brand Real Doll knock off. And one from the “irregular” outlet at that!

• LOL 7

Wow, the Cher/Dawn convo about Mimi getting the hell out of their house was a masterclass in gaslighting. "Oh, okay. I just thought I was HELPING. You'll have lots of time to spend her with her, later! I'm trying to give you a BREAK!"

And then Cher fell all over herself reassuring her mom that she loooooves her sooooo much, and she's sooooooo grateful. Gross.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think the saddest thing is going to be that Brittani will get her surgery and it won't magically change anything about her. Then mom will convince her to try to change her appearance more. 

It's the inside that needs work, not the outside. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 13
On 7/13/2020 at 6:46 AM, Baltimore Betty said:
On 7/13/2020 at 1:29 AM, renatae said:

Speaking of no brainer, mom and daughter getting surgery on the same day? Leaving, of course, no one to care for the other. Dazzlingly brilliant! What togetherness! Gag.

I thought that was a strange thing to do together on the same day.

Let's add that FANCY DOCTOR into that brain equation.  Did he think to ask about at-home care?  When did a tummy-tuck become an out-patient procedure?  Run, Ladies.  Get a certified cosmetic surgeon who doesn't NEED to be on TV.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Kayz Opinion said:

When did a tummy-tuck become an out-patient procedure? 

Tummy tucks (and most other cosmetic surgeries) are outpatient procedures in most cases. 

(edited)

Mary:  “I really haven’t had a lot of plastic surgery”

me:  “ I don’t think your face would agree with that statement”

Edited by teapot
  • LOL 16

Wait, going back to the Britt's bisexual discussion, everyone needs to have sex with both genders to know if you're gay, straight, or bi?  Radical for a woman who has spent years berating a dude for masturbating.  

• Love 4
On 7/14/2020 at 12:29 PM, Giant Misfit said:

Tummy tucks (and most other cosmetic surgeries) are outpatient procedures in most cases. 

I agree about "most other cosmetic surgeries," but I've visited three friends (I'm old) in the hospital or surgicenter post-tummy tucks.  All were kept overnight (and longer) and all had drains here and there.  It's usually a big deal.

Maybe those "outpatient procedures" are the assembly-line surgeons.

• Useful 1
On 7/13/2020 at 1:14 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Brittany has no affectation in her voice at all, she uses weird vernacular like, "my first crush was a female," "men treat like a sex object," (I am sure they do not),

I think Brittani has some mental deficits...and if viewers are commenting on her manner of speaking, it may be obvious to predatory men.  Perhaps men have "bothered" her most of her life because she appears "slow" to them.  An easy mark.

• Love 7
On 7/18/2020 at 2:37 AM, Kangatush said:

Wait, going back to the Britt's bisexual discussion, everyone needs to have sex with both genders to know if you're gay, straight, or bi?  Radical for a woman who has spent years berating a dude for masturbating.  

I am pretty sure having sex with both sexes to be able to choose is not how it works, I wish Brittani had asked her mother if she had sex with both sexes to make her choice!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am pretty sure having sex with both sexes to be able to choose is not how it works, I wish Brittani had asked her mother if she had sex with both sexes to make her choice!

I hope Frank asks her if trying out his hand was important to make sure he preferred her leathery crotch.

• LOL 7

There are two types of tummy tuck (I watched way too much Dr. 90210), one is the kind where they don't cut and pull the muscles tighter, and it's just remove the skin and stitch.  The more radical kind involves the skin removal and tightening, and doing the muscles too.   I'm sure the second kind will include more hospital time.    Some of the more expensive cosmetic surgery centers have the surgery in a suite at the office, or at the hospital, and then the patient is whisked away to a recovery center for a few days, with nursing care.     I told you I watched way too much of Dr. 90210.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2

Someone needs to get Sarah on some anti-anxiety meds. She's pretty much pathological at this point. She needs some therapy to deal with that and probably she still needs to deal with seeing her mom eekl over as a child.

• Love 3

This whole group is mentally off except for the Chicago ones.  They seem like they’re just boisterous and obnoxious and Carlo is definitely in on the joke.  He knows that’s just who they are.

I could swear Sunhe was actually disappointed that she’s fine because now her daughter is free to live more of her own life.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

This whole group is mentally off except for the Chicago ones.  They seem like they’re just boisterous and obnoxious and Carlo is definitely in on the joke.  He knows that’s just who they are.

I could swear Sunhe was actually disappointed that she’s fine because now her daughter is free to live more of her own life.

I find the Chicago pair hard to look at, that bronzer and jet black damaged hair, ick.

Was it ridiculous when Sunhe and The Giant Purple Haired Daughter were walking in to the doctor's office she was acting as if she was recuperating from surgery, walking slow, TGPHD holding on to her so she wouldn't fall, then again being helped to sit on the couch, etc...

I think TGPHD's secret is that she promised her mother that if her tests were negative then she could join her and her boyfriend on the cruise.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong: I thought Sunhe and Maxi-Sunhe were talking about getting the results from her biopsy (and acting like she'd had major surgery), but when they got to the doctor's, he said the results were back from her 3-D mammogram and ultrasound (and talked specifically about the lump of concern, so it's not like it was done supplementary to a biopsy to ensure there weren't other areas of concern: there was no biopsy).?

I know that for some women, even the need for a redo of an unsure mammogram will send them right to being sure they have cancer

(my mom's mother died from breast cancer when my mom was 16 and her mom was barely 40, and it has greatly affected every aspect of my mom's worldview: she prepared me for her to die at 40, and then, when that didn't happen, when I was 16. Not to intentionally be traumatic but because she really believed it. Once she was still alive after those milestones, I think she was finally convinced she wasn't going to get The Cancer and die the next week, and she's in her seventies now and more active than I've been since (I got unrelatedly sick) in my twenties. But, when she did need a lumpectomy when I was a teenager, she acted (truly believed) like it was major surgery and talked like she was awaiting her death sentence until she got the results. She still talks about it like she had a major cancer scare, even though I've since needed three, the first at 19 (hours after which she dragged me to my sister's gymnastics meet), had wound-healing issues for over a year with the second, and by the third (more of a biopsy) one, had them just use local anesthesic so I could drive myself home after. But she still talks about hers as some major life-altering event, and I really believe that she feels that way as it's related to such unresolved trauma, while acting like I'm being overdramatic if I include mine in a surgical history (I have several rare illnesses, which have resulted in needing over a dozen surgeries, including five, three very major, brain/spine surgeries), as I think she can't reconcile their being the comparable without having to re-examine her own issues),

so I wouldn't side-eye Sunhe's having genuine fear at discovering a lump and needing further testing, except for her seeming to have acted like imaging studies were invasive surgery, and then, when discussing it after, referring to it as a "cancer scare [pause] with MY BREAST," and it seemed so very production-y, like she'd been instructed to refer to her "breast cancer scare," and, when she said cancer scare, she remembered and then tacked on the "with my breast" just to ensure she got it all in there. Or, for any other cast member, I'd assume that was the cause of the awkward wording, but I think she's so truly narcissistic, even if many of her actions are for TV, I can't parse out how much of this was for television and how much of it was ensuring she got as much manipulation out of the event before it was over, even if it was legitimately rooted in true fear. Because, she is evil.

• Love 4
(edited)

I didn't need to hear about Alena's one night stand either, Marcia.

I finally figured out why Sun-ME doesn't smile often. I feel this is the first episode where we actually saw her teeth, and she has a rather ugly smile, IMO, and looks like it's not a facial expression she's comfortable with. I agree with the PP's...her hobbling along like she is the one who just had a tummy tuck, wobbling into the office to hear about her scan results. She actually looked mad that the results were normal! And waiting another episode for the "news" from Maxi Purple Hair...I have a feeling it's involving all 3 of them living together.

Sarah wine-drunk and spying on her Mom. I like when Miguel remarked, "So is that all you did today?" I'm pretty sure she worked on that bottle quite a bit too before you got home. I actually thought about investing in one of those things during this COVID situation while my daughter would be home alone (age 13) and doing digital learning while I have to go into work for a few hours. TBH I think they can bring great peace of mind for those needing to check on kids, elderly, pets, etc. but of course Sarah is going to watch Laurie like she's an Instagram feed.

I continue to love the goombah family. They are my people, but on several notches higher. You could tell this episode it's all good fun, especially Carlo fake threatening to throw Kathy off the bed. Speaking of Kathy, please, don't do duck lips for the camera...you have no lips.

If anyone whacks Mary on the back of her head, her face is going to roll up like a window shade. My GOD, her eyes! And eyeliner after or during an eye procedure? Yeah, Chinese food is the best idea after having abdominal surgery...NOT.

Glad for the break from the human Muppets. Dawn's mouth is so wide and showing even her molars when smiling, that she really does resemble a Muppet.

Edited by snarkish
I can't spell anymore.
  • Love 8

I thought Sunhe had a biopsy. I've had to go in for another mammogram and ultrasound before. It is a little scary, but I didn't for one moment consider it a cancer scare. If had gone to the next step, then I would have considered it a cancer scare. I guess I could have milked it, though. I didn't have my husband dress me, or lean on him and have him lead me in and out of the doctor. My legs worked fine. But Sunhe is a very manipulative woman. She knew she could get the Giant Purple Haired One under her thumb even tighter if there was a health scare.

I do feel for Brittani a bit. Her mom is so superficial and so into looks that she has really done a number on her. I think Britt really feels like her whole world will change when she and mom go bikini shopping and she struts her stuff. She didn't have a personality change though and she's still the same very awkward girl she was before surgery. She's going to struggle with self-image issues her entire life and her mom feeds it. Also -- who eats Chinese food right after surgery? How about a piece of toast and some tea?

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I think Britt really feels like her whole world will change when she and mom go bikini shopping and she struts her stuff. She didn't have a personality change though and she's still the same very awkward girl she was before surgery. She's going to struggle with self-image issues her entire life and her mom feeds it.

It reminds me of the Pygmoelian episode of the Simpsons:

Moe: Plastic surgery, huh? Maybe they could dynamite Mount Crapmore here and carve me a new kisser.
Carl: I don't know. Plastic surgery might make you look good on the outside... but you still might feel bad on the inside.
Moe: But I'd look good on the outside, right?
Carl: Yeah, but you'd feel bad on the inside.
Moe: Plastic surgery it is!

I think Brittani probably needs therapy way more than plastic surgery. But that's true of most people.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I do feel for Brittani a bit. Her mom is so superficial and so into looks that she has really done a number on her. I think Britt really feels like her whole world will change when she and mom go bikini shopping and she struts her stuff.

And WHERE are Brittani's siblings?  We know B's the favorite, but I'd like to see the ones who just don't quite measure up.

• Love 4

Still catching up, but:

Brittani: “its a lot of work to be a woman”

‘Me: “work harder honey”

Brittani: “I want the body of my dreams”

Me: “you already have the face of my nightmares”

• LOL 6
(edited)

I can't take Dawn.  I want to smack her.  She isn't trying to help, she wants to control Cher's life.  That she would even suggest Cher move home and Jared can travel back and forth to see his child and Cher is just beyond.  Too many people make excuses for her behavior.  She is truly awful .  I wish Jared would tell her to F 

Edited by justdoit10
error
  • Love 12
(edited)

I wonder if Sunhe's softened attitude towards Jason has to do with the pregnancy. Like he's definitely not going away now. Angelica and Jason both saying something like, "I didn't know if I wanted kids," then use some form of birth control!

Never thought I would have something positive to say about this show, but it is refreshing to hear a woman say, "I don't want kids," and props to Sarah for being upfront. And the conversation between her and Miguel about it was maybe the most mature conversation on this show ever. But they definitely should not get married if they're not on the same page about children. Don't count on the other person changing their mind.

I asked my mom before if she were to, God forbid, need some kind of organ transplant that I could give her, which I think might only be a kidney, would she take it. And she told me no because what if I were to have the same medical issue she had and then I would be out one kidney. But obviously this was purely theoretical for my mom and me and it's an actuality for Laurie and Sarah. And like Sarah said, you can't just sit there and watch your mom die knowing you could stop it. It's a hard situation all around and I feel for Sarah, as annoying as she can be.

Dawn proposing that Cher and the baby live with her and Jared visit on the weekends is insane. I just hate how she hides her selfishness in "helpfulness." Maybe she legitimately thinks she's just trying to be helpful, but it's clear that this has to do with her trying to maintain the relationship she's always had with Cher. She needs to accept that it has to be different now. Get a new hobby, Dawn!

Edited by MerBearStare
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, MerBearStare said:

I wonder if Sunhe's softened attitude towards Jason has to do with the pregnancy. Like he's definitely not going away now. Angelica and Jason both saying something like, "I didn't know if I wanted kids," then use some form of birth control!

Never thought I would have something positive to say about this show, but it is refreshing to hear a woman say, "I don't want kids," and props to Sarah for being upfront. And the conversation between her and Miguel about it was maybe the most mature conversation on this show ever. But they definitely should not get married if they're not on the same page about children. Don't count on the other person changing their mind.

I asked my mom before if she were to, God forbid, need some kind of organ transplant that I could give her, which I think might only be a kidney, would she take it. And she told me no because what if I were to have the same medical issue she had and then I would be out one kidney. But obviously this was purely theoretical for my mom and me and it's an actuality for Laurie and Sarah. And like Sarah said, you can't just sit there and watch your mom die knowing you could stop it. It's a hard situation all around and I feel for Sarah, as annoying as she can be.

Dawn proposing that Cher and the baby live with her and Jared visit only on the weekends is insane. I just hate how she hides her selfishness in "helpfulness." Maybe she legitimately thinks she's just trying to be helpful, but it's clear that is has to do with her trying to maintain the relationship she's always had with Cher. She needs to accept that it has to be different now. Get a new hobby, Dawn!

That is exactly what Dawn is .  I dislike her so much.  She is manipulative, selfish, and down right sneaky.  I wish she was exposed for what she really is. Then I wish Jared would tell her to FO.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

I can't take Dawn.  I want to smack her.  She isn't trying to help, she wants to control Cher's life.  That she would even suggest Cher move home and Jared can travel back and forth to see his child and Cher is just beyond.  Too many people make excuses for her behavior.  She is truly awful .  I wish Jared would tell her to F 

That was just too much! I'm glad her husband has a good and reasonable head on his shoulders, or she'd make Cher's life hell.

I've been through the "live with your parents out of state" deal, and it's no picnic. My husband was in the Army and stationed temporarily (thank God) at a post where they absolutely *forbade* any family to live at or near. We'd just arrived at Ft. Knox when they yanked him away to a TDY in PA. I knew nobody and our oldest was just a little over 2 years old. I decided to go home. I was grateful for my parents' help and support, but it was so difficult only seeing my husband on weekends. What kind of a person would be so selfish as to ask such a thing of her daughter?

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

Dawn's husband...and then their daughter have coddled her for too many years.  I wonder what her childhood was like.  She's desperate to the point of needing serious therapy.  The family is doing her no favors by giving in to her mental illness.

Edited by Kayz Opinion
better vocab
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

About 7 years ago my husbands nephew had a 7 month old baby that needed a kidney transplant (it was rare issue, one in a zillion type disease) and up until the night before the surgery the mother/wife was scheduled to give a part of her kidney to the baby but fortunately or unfortunately a 20 year old man died and had a freakishly small kidney that was a match and at the 11th hour the baby was able to get part of that kidney, she is a happy, healthy little girl, cute as a button too.  So my question is if Sarah says she is a match for Laurie would it be the whole kidney or part of a kidney?  Are they ramping up the drama saying she would donate a kidney but might be in the same boat as her mother later in life or will part of Sarah's kidney would be sufficient?  Side note, I tried to figure out what restaurant they were celebrating Laurie's birthday but quickly gave up because every single shopping center in Boca looks exactly the same.  

• Love 2

So Mary and Daughter have bonded over post surgery painkillers and now cut to the big reveal of Brittany in her new bikini...oh dear.  How many bathing suits did they reject before they found that horror Brittany was wearing, she needs a top that has support and bottoms that have a high cut leg and not one that goes across the widest part of her hips, that blue and white stripe suit made her look like a very tall toddler. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Dawn's husband...and then their daughter have coddled her for too many years.  I wonder what her childhood was like.  She's too needy to the point of needing serious therapy.  The family is doing her no favors by giving in to her mental illness.

I think Dawn and Cher are all an act.  Cher seems thirsty to be in the entertainment industry and this is another resume entry and more exposure for her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Jason better pray that his child with Angelica is a boy.  You know Sunhe and Angelica are praying for a girl.

A girl will just be the next generation of the unhealthy dynamics between Angelica and Sunhe.  That's probably why Sunhe took the news so well.  She's hoping for another member of their club.  

I'm selfishly hoping for a boy to see what the reaction will be.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Additionally, Baltimore Betty...they should have waited for all swelling to disappear before they began filming.  She still has bruising around her navel.  Was this "surgery" laparoscopic?   No incision/scar at the bikini line?  That would explain that she didn't need to stay over even one night.

Edited by Kayz Opinion
Deleted merging of two "stories"
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

I'm selfishly hoping for a boy to see what the reaction will be.  

I'm worse than selfish...hoping the test is WRONG-WRONG-WRONG.  A baby can't fit into a bathtub with those two morons (the women).

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Additionally, Baltimore Betty...they should have waited for all swelling to disappear before they began filming.  She still has bruising around her navel.  Was this "surgery" laparoscopic?   No incision/scar at the bikini line?  That would explain that she didn't need to stay over even one night.

I know, her belly button did look bruised, I did not know that you could have a laparoscopic tummy tuck, I thought the procedure was to cut the extra skin and then rejoin the skin at the bikini line.  

I did not see any difference in Mary's eyes, shape or otherwise.  Crazy Brittany saying they both have the same shape eyes now, really?  That would have been a lot more surgery for Mary to change her eye shape, right?  Maybe if she changed that horrible dated eye makeup we could see the doctor's handy work.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not sure anyone would like good in that bathing suit Brittani was wearing, but it wasn't flattering at all. I couldn't tell a difference in Mary's eyes either.

Dawn is the worst. "Did I do something WRO-UNG? I didn't mean to do anything WRO-UNG, I'm just trying to be helpful. I hope I didn't do anything WRO-UNG!" She is such a narcissist- just look at that ridiculous picture in her house of her in a suit and all her medical worker family surrounding her. I think it's going to kill her that the baby looks like Jared and not Cher/her.

Edited by JessicaJones18
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, JessicaJones18 said:

I'm not sure anyone would like good in that bathing suit Brittani was wearing, but it wasn't flattering at all

Shame on Mary, she says she wants Brittani to look good (that will take a lot more than a tummy tuck) and find someone...I really don't think she does if she told Brittani that suit looks good on her.  Maybe Mary subconsciously think they are in competition for male attention? 

BTW, Mary's home decor is so strange, anyone else catch the statuary and weird furniture placement?

• Love 3

I utterly despise Laurie for even considering taking a kidney from her daughter.  I had cancer in my 30s when my sons were preteens, so I understand being very ill.

However, I would never for one second consider taking an organ from my now adult sons.  I would give them anything but in my opinion it should not go the other way.  A parent gives; they don’t take.

Mary and Brittani are so disturbing to watch.  I’m afraid Brittani will kill Mary and wear her body.  Creepy pair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

My daughter and I watch this show and laugh and cringe and shake our heads at the mess.  My daughter is my daughter, and that is incredibly special. I only have one. She's not my best friend, soul mate or love of my life. She's not my guardian angel. She's my daughter. We don't need to be more than mother and daughter. We have mother and daughter boundaries. We're close, but as parent/child, not anything else. 

Looking at these mother-daughter pairs, it is obvious something is missing in the mom's life for her to have her daughter fill every role in her life. Except for Dawn, all the dads aren't in the picture. Only two others have significant others and they hold them at arm's length. Their daughters have become their everything. It is not healthy. For Dawn, my guess is that her husband wasn't around too much and she had all these sons, so she put everything into Cher. 

My sister and niece are in a smother situation, but not as weird as these families. My brother in law travelled extensively and it was pretty much a single mother situation. In my niece's eyes, my sister can do no wrong. She is a grown woman with her own family but everything still revolves around mom. It's difficult to have a relationship with my sister because my niece is always part of the equation. They both tell each other everything. Boundaries are not respected. They do everything together. My brother in law is retired and he and my sister live almost separate lives, because that is how it has been most of their marriage. 

None of these relationships are healthy. They all think they have the best relationships in the world, but they are very dysfunctional. Some more than others, but they are all boundary breakers, and some need some real therapy. 

• Love 5

I wonder how the dynamics will work with Jason, Giant Purple Hair Girl and Sunhe, will they push Jason out of the picture or will he run screaming from that house after the baby arrives?  At some point Jason's stuff will be in the garage and Angelica will be sending him the things on his list.

Sunhe was all smiles about the cruise because she knew about the pregnancy but oddly when the stakes were not that high she wanted Jason to leave her daughter alone, wouldn't sign the divorce papers as a witness and made his life miserable so what changed? If all she wanted was him to be divorced why not just sign the papers but since Angelica got pregnant all is ok? Sunhe seems psychotic. Also, I do not see Sunhe moving to her fiance's home because now Angelica will need her mother close by or so she thinks, it is a good excuse for her to stay in Florida.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I did not know that you could have a laparoscopic tummy tuck, I thought the procedure was to cut the extra skin and then rejoin the skin at the bikini line.  

That's what I thought too.  When there's an incision, the belly button shouldn't have to be touched.  Still...I'm old and things change.

• LOL 1