Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Pain Medication Bob is an awesome Bob. 

16 hours ago, BooksRule said:

Gene:  'Let's go turn some tricks!'  Bob:  'Gene, don't say that.'

That made me laugh so freaking hard. 

Wolfs, Halloween, AND an Alpaca? Perfection. 

• Love 4

When Tina launches a babysitting enterprise, it is quickly derailed after her business nemesis, Tammy, is hired to work alongside her. Meanwhile, Bob and Linda check out their competition at a restaurant that’s known for its burgers.

Neighbor: Plunger Games Aggressive Toilet Tools

Exterminator: Don't Stop Bugs-Leaving

Burger of The Day: The Clear and Present Ginger Burger

Man, loved Maria Bamford as both Kendra and her mom. Kendra is INTENSE. 

Tina and Tammy are such a great dynamic. And bringing in Zeke and Jimmy Jr was such a great idea. Zeke, mostly. He's awesome.

"So THAT'S where leaves come from!" Gene was great tonight.

"I didn't know restaurants got busy." That was harsh, Louise.

• Love 6

Kendra (AND OMG THE BEAR) has rocketed to my top five minor characters list. I laughed so hard and yet completely understood why Tina and Tammy were so terrified of her. I only pray one day we see her and Louise in the same room.

TEDDY YOU BASTARD STEPPING OUT ON BOB'S BURGERS.

• Love 7

I feel like I haven't seen Zeke in a while. 

Tammy is a terrible person. I was hoping Tina would just haul off on her. 

I really liked Linda being mistaken for the restroom attendant and her eyes lighting up when they left her money. 

• Love 6

I liked that she made enuf tips to cover their restaurant bill.

That bear was uber creepy.

Again, kudos to the animators. I liked the way Kendra kept trying to kick people's crotches. A little thing: I also liked how the rope ladder looked when Tina tossed it down the hole.

• Love 5

The writers are still convinced that Teddy's psychotic outbursts are funny rather than dusturbing and uncomfortable.

"Intermittent explosive disorder (sometimes abbreviated as IED) is a behavioral disorder characterized by explosive outbursts of anger and violence, often to the point of rage, that are disproportionate to the situation at hand (e.g., impulsive screaming triggered by relatively inconsequential events)."

Tammy and Tina's plot was gold, however. That little girl definitely lived in Millie territory, what with the teddy bear vocalizations.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, TDT said:

Why was there such a big deal over a burger..?

LOL the teacher secretly hoping that Tammy and Tina would come to blows ("Keep going..." )

You're kidding, right?

If not, making great burgers is what Bob does. That's who he is. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, PuhLeeze said:

If not, making great burgers is what Bob does. That's who he is. 

Cooking is seriously the only thing he has, family aside. I'm not surprised it's the one thing he's super self-conscious about. Probably comes from his dad issues.

• Love 2

The Bob/Teddy plot didn't completely ring true to me. Certainly I can see how Teddy "cheating" on Bob's burgers would be a thing. And I can see how the family might want to avoid overly praising a different burger in case Bob himself didn't like it and were going to go all cheffy nitpickey on it. However, the part that bugged me was it sort of seemed like everyone had to call other burgers total rubbish around Bob, as if he couldn't even acknowledge someone else did something good. The flashbacks made it seem like he also never likes another burger.  That's the part that felt off. There were other episodes where he hung out with chef friends and they were experimenting and cooking together and enjoying each other's stuff. So it seems like Bob should be able to eat someone else's burger and be relatively objective about it? Especially in a sit-down place that seemed pretty nice. That restaurant is not remotely his competition. It's a totally different style. I know people aren't always logical but it just didn't make sense to me. He doesn't usually seem like the sort of dude whose ego would prevent him from ever enjoying another burger. If anything if he had a great burger elsewhere I'd expect him to have respect for that chef and then go home and try to up his game.

• Love 2

When Teddy's family unexpectedly announces that they're coming for Thanksgiving, the Belchers reluctantly agree to pitch in. The preparation proves to be much more challenging than they had anticipated, especially upon discovering that Teddy is a secret hoarder.

This show usually hits it out of the park with Thanksgiving episodes. They even ran what was left of last year's episode (which was great) before this one.

Neighbor: We lather together family soaps

Exterminator: Mashed Potato Bugs

Burger(s) of The Day: The Catch me If You Cran Burger (served with cranberry sauce)

3 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

I don't hate him but he is easily overdosed. I just hope the whole family isn't voiced by his actor, it's been done.

I'm the opposite, I'd love it if that happened.

I love Teddy, but yeah, he's best in small doses. Hell, the whole family didn't want to deal with him this time. And now he's got Hoarder Anxiety, which doesn't gel with Bob's Perfectionist Anxiety. Bob pulled off Thanksgiving for once, and he could only focus on the flaws. I was so happy for Bob at the end. He finally got the Thanksgiving dinner he wanted after 8 seasons!

"Why does he need five plungers?"
"For different moods."

The kids were just on fire tonight.

• Love 7

I agree that Teddy is best in small doses, but I did feel sorry for him tonight.  When Linda started sorting out his hoard, I figured he would end up bringing everything back in while the others were occupied with table settings and cooking.  

Bob: 'The turkey was a little dry.'  Tina: 'That's why God invented gravy.'  Gene:  'Or as I like to call it, turkey lube.'

Teddy: 'You were only trying to help.  In kind of a judgy way.'

• Love 5

I liked this. I thought Teddy's affliction was sad, but how Linda and the rest of the family tried to help him was sweet, esp by the end when they realized just getting rid of all the junk was not a good quick fix.

I'm SO glad Bob new turkey prep was a resounding success. He even cried. Aww.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

"This just smells like my locker...oh...."

"Now you know". 

This stole the show. 

I know Teddy is kind of a sad sack, but it makes people who live alone look like losers. I thought Linda was a bit much, but she cleaned out his place for him, and I think someone needed to do that. 

• Love 3

Linda is determined to host a party at the restaurant, in an effort to spread a little extra cheer around the neighborhood. But when she realizes that her prized ornaments have been stolen, she quickly begins questioning all guests, including Marshmallow's friend - Art the Artist. However, the kids have their own theory, attributing the robbery to the anti-Santa - The Bleaken.

Burger(s) of the Day: Happy Last Minute Neighborhood Holiday Party, the Ebeneezer Bleu-ge Burger (more than one day?! Although it's a good detail that Bob & Linda were too preoccupied with the investigation to focus on the restaurant)

Mort sighting! It feels like we haven't seen him in ages.

The second we saw Mr. Present, I felt like Teddy was gonna be playing him, and I'm sad that he never showed up.

As always, this show always delivers on the songs, ad Christmas episodes, and since this one was an hour long Christmas musical it just HAD to be a slam dunk. The GoT-inspired Bleaken song was great. That was supposed to reference Game of Thrones, right?

Cleavage to Beaver is such a genius name. As soon as we got to the warehouse, I KNEW the dance club relocated there. Marshmallow being 23 is the one thing I couldn't wrap my head around.

5 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

I wonder if anyone has ever told the kids about Krampus, sometimes known as The Anti-Claus?

I'm calling The Bleaken "close enough."

• Love 2

I'm sorry, but if you steal someone's precious family heirlooms (cruddy or otherwise), you deserve to have the cops called on you. And if you throw an illegal party, you have to accept that chances are you will get raided. Especially when your decorations guy is a frikkin' thief.

I just felt annoyed that Linda had to apologize. Otherwise I loved a lot of this episode especially the insane animation bump, especially during the rave with all those dancers in shadow!

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Too much singing for my taste.

Same here.  I'm over all the songs.  Frankly, this really dragged, but it got better in the second half.  I loved the rave and seeing Marshmallow!

1 hour ago, PinkRibbons said:

Otherwise I loved a lot of this episode especially the insane animation bump, especially during the rave with all those dancers in shadow!

I loved that part!  What a great shadow effect and really added to the vibe.  Also liked the snowflake visuals and how they all looked different.

I have no idea why, but the imagine of Bob waving that ruler around in the hallways before they went around the corner was hilarious. Also, "Mr. Present seems nice..." 

Really enjoyed the episodes, even though Art the Artist definitely deserved a talking to for stealing their Christmas tree. Turns out the BB verse has their own Krampus, who also kind of looks like the creepy hallucination from Black Swan. Who knew? 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Burger(s) of the Day: Happy Last Minute Neighborhood Holiday Party, the Ebeneezer Bleu-ge Burger (more than one day?!

I thought the first thing on the chalkboard wasn't a burger. It was just saying "right now there's no burger of the day because we're having this last minute party". And then later when they were re-opened for regular business post-party, they put up the actual burger of the day.

The party thing at the beginning was weird anyway. It seemed like they were closed and inviting people for free tiny samples and very bad eggnog. It coulda shoulda woulda been a marketing thing where they were open normally but also people could get the free stuff if they wanted, but also could order regular things they actually want. Lots of people show up just-for-free thing but in theory some also stay and order and whatever. It was a confusing thing to do in the middle of the business day unless it was super off hours, and basically like a fill-in for happy hour.

• Love 1

I liked it. Honestly, I couldn't figure who was stealing the Xmas stuff or why. I briefly thought about the demolished Wiggle Room, but then I just decided to let the show show me.

I liked the songs, particularly the last one and how we need all different kinds of twinkly lights. A nice positive message for these horrible negative times.

Teddy: Bleaken comes every once in a while.
Tina: Every once in a while?
Gene: Like El Niño?

Bob: It's winter.
Gene: If you believe the media.

Linda: We gotta keep going. It's like Ikea. We can't go back. We've gotta push forward.

Linda: Oh go play ping pong with ya ding dong.

• Love 7

Like all episodes, I loved this one. I especially love how inclusive the BB world is. Marshmallow and Art are just two more people in the neighborhood who come to the party, not "OMG a transvestite and a gay man!" (I assume; who's to say!). The rave and the song were amazing and Linda's reaction to it was beautiful. She loves a party!

I loved that the kids were actually scared by a story that Teddy, of all people, told them.

No new episode for four weeks. Tina groan: ughhhhhh.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Was I sppsd to recognize the drag queen singer?

Do you mean as a character on the show, or the voice actor? The former, no. The latter: Toddrick Hall, whom you may or may not recognize from other stuff. He's done tons of recognizable things, but I don't think they were going for a "HEY I KNOW THAT VOICE" kinda thing.

This show just always underwhelms with all christmas and most thanksgiving episodes they should just skip them. Which is surprising since they absolutely kill the halloween (and one easter) episodes.

6 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I'll have to watch this again to remember it all but Gene really shone this episode, "Mom circumcised the tree" and "Just the tip" which is such an Archer thing to say!

This!  My hubby and I were rolling when Gene said, "Just the tip!"

• Love 1
12 hours ago, theatremouse said:

Do you mean as a character on the show, or the voice actor? The former, no. The latter: Toddrick Hall, whom you may or may not recognize from other stuff. He's done tons of recognizable things, but I don't think they were going for a "HEY I KNOW THAT VOICE" kinda thing.

Oh, I got the weird feeling it might have been a former contestant from RuPauls' Drag Race.