Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh no, I know it's a total scam. I don't fake that my dogs are emotional support. I just bring them wherever I can get away with it. Class is at night so no one is in the building, and they'll come with me if they're good. Parties, wherever. I don't bring them to work or insist they come in restaurants unless the restaurants allow dogs. 

• Love 1

I liked that after the dog had had been rooting in Bob's crotch for a while, when he turned from the table, you could see the big wet spot. Poor Bob. But, yes, that was kinda gross. That couple was the worst.

Ever since I started hearing about escape rooms, I would like to try one. Rat-free, of course.

Love the title of the scary movie, Again With the Living Dead? The way Bob said it cracked me up. I also loved Bob imitating Linda: This is fun.

So selfless of Tina to show her poop tape (Chekhov's poop tape™ @ganesh) in order to distract her friends (or her charges, I guess, since she was the babysitter) from the horrors they just watched. 

I can't remember which kid said he wanted a whole line of adults from here to his house and each one would give him a hug. Awww.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

I can't remember which kid said he wanted a whole line of adults from here to his house and each one would give him a hug. Awww.

Regular sized Rudy, one of my favorite of the friends (Zeke is the other).

• Love 6

Now I just really want to watch a zombie movie involving a Jewish deli. I’d donate to that kickstarter. Another really good episode (even if the dog up in Bobs business was super gross), I loved all the kids together, and their increased horror about the movie. That couple was the worst! 

• Love 4

Tina decides to join the Junior Lifeguards, but when she struggles with the training, one of her fellow junior guards, Parker, tries to convince her to quit. Meanwhile, business booms when Bob and Linda offer free wi-fi at the restaurant, but it is soon threatened by a cyber-attack.

After forgetting Bob's birthday, Linda and the kids attempt to plan a last-minute surprise party. In order to plan the party though, Linda asks Hugo if Bob can go with him while he's doing restaurant health inspections.

The Belcher kids go to Outdoor Education only to have it rain, but Tina doesn’t let the inclement weather get in the way of her having a nature-piphany, with the help of a hermit living in the woods. Meanwhile, Bob and Linda experience what it’s like to be empty-nesters.

• Love 2

Neighbor: Cry Me A Sliver

Semi-urgent care

Exterminator: La Femme Ni-Squeak-A

Burger(s) of The Day: You Won't Believe It's Not Butternut Squash Burger (served with zucchini), The Paprika Smurf Burger (Served with blue potato fries),

Of course since Mr. Frond calls Rudy "Regular-Size Rudy," he'd love Fluffy Butt.

"Where are you kids coming from?"
"Coming back from a smoke." I loved how Andy Daly kind-of believed Louise.

Man, those spray tans on Bob & Linda. Loved how it didn't get Bob's bald spot, too.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 5

I loved Tina's (or is it Teagle's?) taking the lead and coming up with a solution for getting them up the mountain, but the solution looked more dangerous than just clutching the rock face and waiting until the flood subsided. 

'Dammit, Andy and Ollie!  Don't kiss the weasel!  It has mites!'  

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 6

This was a great episode, it was fun all the way through!

I like how in Tina's daydreams she still includes Tammy, even though Tammy continues to be the worst in a relentlessly hilarious way. 

Louise's hatchet-love was awesome. And I 1000% agree that in any sane world hatchet throwing should replace golf immediately. "does a hermit scat in the woods?" is still making me laugh! So she was on fire this episode. 

Bob and Linda are the perfect couple. Even when they do stupid stuff they go all in and commit to it. 

If I ever tried being a hermit I would absolutely start scavenging towel warmers and wifi after 12 hours in the woods. So Martha is my spirit animal. 

Edited by CaptainTightpants
  • Love 4

The only animated shows I watch are this, Family Guy and South Park. It's refreshing how The Belchers are always there for each other, the siblings don't treat each other awfully and they all just have a fun time. I always feel better after watching.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

It's refreshing how The Belchers are always there for each other, the siblings don't treat each other awfully and they all just have a fun time. I always feel better after watching.

This is what makes this my go to show when I get home from work! I love the family dynamics. They all embrace the weirdness and aren't afraid to let their freak flags fly high.

Linda and Bob's tan lines cracked me up.

• Love 4

So when Louise is going through Tina’s diary, Gene asks if she’s having that dream again where Zeke’s head is on J. Ju’s body. Is Tina’s subconscious trying to tell her that even though she’s physically attracted to Jimmy Jr., she’s actually in love with Zeke and his personality? “Dew hwut?!”

I’m biased since Tina x Zeke is my OTP but I believe they are endgame. 

ETA: Also, love Nicole Byer!

Edited by link417
  • Love 7

Tina+Zeke=OTP. 

Super fun episode, I loved both plots, and I love how many characters got plots. Tina even got to have her napiphany! "Is it saying Fluffy Butt?" "Of course not...maybe?" 

Bob and his fabulous suit made me happy, especially with how Bob couldn't stop looking at how fly he looked. 

• Love 5
On 4/23/2018 at 3:51 PM, link417 said:

Is Tina’s subconscious trying to tell her that even though she’s physically attracted to Jimmy Jr., she’s actually in love with Zeke and his personality?

I sure hope so. 

• Love 2

Neighbor: Damn I wish I Was Your Hover...Board

Exterminator: Don't Tell Mom The Baby Critter's Dead

Burger(s) of The Day: The Here I Am Broccoli Like A Hurricane Burger

"The Bubblemaster doesn't work past noon. He doesn't need to. He makes a fortune. I think about him a lot." I love that Bob thinks about the Bubblemaster, he must be jealous.

It's sad how no one was able to make it to Bob's party, except for Jimmy Pesto and nameless minor characters. Speaking of Ron, does anyone else think that he looks so off compared to everyone else? His design is like a relic, like when you see Simpsons or Spongebob characters from the early seasons show up in later episodes. Jimmy getting nailed in the balls really was the best ending to Bob's birthday.

"Did you forget where you came from? You're from the streets, mom!" Louise was great tonight, Wasn't a fan of Gene's plot, it seemed too normal to me, and didn't really need anything.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Jimmy getting nailed in the balls really was the best ending to Bob's birthday.

54 minutes ago, PinkRibbons said:

I'll probably watch the part with Jimmy Pesto getting whacked in the nads a few more times though.

Yep! I feel like Pesto finally getting his right in front of Bob was a gift to us all. Sometimes Karma is a literal whack in the balls. And that "on your left ma'am is just salt in the wound. Best ending ever!

Za-oom!

Edited by CaptainTightpants
  • Love 7

I was a victim of a surprise party once, and I hated it. I just don't like people bringing me gifts because of a societal constraint. My parents orchestrated it, and I know they meant well, but they got the picture. I was nice to everyone, but I just didn't want to be there. So I totally get Bob. 

I really liked the show because I fall on the side that your birthday is for you, and not what other people think it is. That's great if people like having a big to-do. I don't. 

I actually thought it was really interesting for Bob to go to another restaurant that was being inspected so he could at least know he's running a clean place. The show doesn't really get into Bob being successful. 

• Love 1

Linda and Hugo pitying Ron wanting Linda to call his parents made me laugh much harder than it should have. It was kind of nice to see that Bob actually does run a pretty tight ship when it comes to food quality, at least compared to other people. Bobs Burgers is still open after all these years of shenanigans, and thats something. 

Bobs perfect birthday was sweet. Even more sweet was Jimmy Pesto getting nailed in the nuts. Best birthday ever indeed Bob. 

"Dont Tell Mom the Baby Critters Dead" is already a classic pest control sign.

• Love 4

I really liked this ep.

Sam, the Wrap-Topia owner, was so funny in his obliviousness. He seemed like a nice guy, but was hilarious in his ignorance about what's important in running a restaurant that won't make people sick. I also loved that Hugo was good at his job and that Bob recognized it and came away appreciating what he does. 

Louise's solution to Gene's bad bangs was pretty funny. I liked that the magic marker was slightly transparent. "I'm turning lemons into Lemme tell you about my hair."

I also liked that short bit with Teddy being at a silent retreat. "Hey Mom, Bobby says hi. Hey Mom. Mom. Mom!"

Cracked me up that Gene compares the best surprise ever ti the end of the movie Se7en.

Gene: Did you forget to fart?
Linda: Noooo.

Linda: Oh go put a cannoli up your holey.

Ron: I know everyone's birthday. It's a blessing and a curse.

Hugo: Oh do you think your birthday is about you, Bob? It's not! It's about the people who care about you showing that they care about you. And you don't complain about it. You appreciate it! Unless you're a baby. Are you a baby, Bob?

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Linda: Oh go put a cannoli up your holey.

This has got to be one of the best comebacks to Jimmy Pesto ever delivered. Like, full KABOOM material.

I also love that Bob simultaneously enjoyed Jimmy's pain but was decent enough to ask if he was okay.

I remember the exact moment in childhood that I realized I never ever wanted a surprise part. (Although ironically I don't remember what age I was at the time.) I was actually at a party for another girl, and we surprised her when she came over to ostensibly pick up her friend (who was hosting it at her house) to go to the mall. The birthday girl was delighted, but I remember spending the whole party thinking how pissed I would have been about not getting to the mall that day.

OMG I just remembered that that was the party where I fell asleep on the couch and nobody noticed the entire time I was out. According to Tina that counts as a sleepover!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

OMG I just remembered that that was the party where I fell asleep on the couch and nobody noticed the entire time I was out. According to Tina that counts as a sleepover!

Half a sleepover. :)

• Love 2
On 4/30/2018 at 1:13 PM, bad things are bad said:

I liked it, but then I can't think of many episodes I DON'T like. It was nice to see Hugo and Ron again, it's been a long time. 

I agree; Even the less great eppys, if I could think of any, of this show are far better than most stuff out there. I flove it.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I didn't like that Bob ate the gross sickening wrap

I don't like that Hugo made him do it.  After an entire episode dedicated to the importance of health inspectors for protecting the public, Hugo turns around and deliberately made Bob eat something he knew would make him sick. So I was on Hugo's side up till that point, but now I hope he gets fired and Ron gets a promotion!

I do realise that Bob is a grown man and could have refused to eat the wrap. So he is an idiot too. But I'm holding Hugo to a higher professional standard because this is his job. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Neighbor: The Family Jowls

Cosmetic Surgery

Exterminator: Big Little Flies

Burger(s) of The Day: Portabello The Belt Burger, Walk This Waioli Burger (comes with wasabi aioli), Shishito Corleone Burger (comes with shishito peppers), Quantum of Salsa Burger, The Gouda Wife Burger

"So much contact." Of course Tina would want to be a Junior Lifeguard because of the butts in swim trunks, and I liked how reality just hits her hard. I just loved the old man telling her to quit. Tina's solution to save the runners was to destroy the sandcastles was just hilarious. Also loved her wearing the lifeguard trunks over her regular clothes, it's just so Tina.

God, I loved how bad Sgt. Bosco was at being undercover. Wearing his badge AND a Police shirt?

"It's a little shrill."
"You let mom talk."
"Whaaat?"

Dead.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 4

I thought that the junior lifeguards thinking that rolling around in the sand was fun (sugar cookies!), but maybe I would have thought that at that age, too.  It's been a long time.  I like that Tina succeeded in the end, but it was realistic that she barely made it through the training--she didn't all of a sudden find the strength to be better than, well, Tina would be.  

Have we met any of those kids before?  They didn't look familiar to me, but I haven't seen every episode.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BooksRule said:

I like that Tina succeeded in the end, but it was realistic that she barely made it through the training--she didn't all of a sudden find the strength to be better than, well, Tina would be.  

And when Tina realized her screwing up was making it worse for the rest of the squad, she honestly was trying, and even though she was last all the time, she didn't get them in trouble for the rest of the time either.

I also like that she got overwhelmed looking at all the butts. I totally get that.  

I get the point about instilling discipline by having the entire team be punished because of one person, but if that person doesn't legitimately understand what's going on, then you're doing a bad job as a leader for not impressing that upon them. So I liked that the guy was the one at the end who scheduled the sand castle contest and extended the 2K race to 3K was found to be at fault because he was way worse than Tina. 

• Love 5

"Some old guy made a Swiss roll that made me feel something FOR ONCE.”  Gene sums up exactly why the Great British Baking Show is the best show ever.  

Have we met any of those kids before?  They didn't look familiar to me

They didn't look familiar to me either. 

• Love 7

This is the sort of episode that makes Tina my least favourite character by far. I don't mind a teenage girl being attracted to boys or even setting up situations where she's around boys, but she loses me when she engineers situations where she touches boys who aren't interested or she pushes things like the love triangle when the boy in question repeatedly said he wasn't interested in her. Back the fuck off, Tina! And Tina getting a clue after days of making the other kids suffer wasn't enough to make up for any of it. Both the kids and the instructor were very clear with her about what was expected before she joined and what she was doing wrong once she was there. Her cluelessness isn't cute or funny for me; it's just very frustrating.

I wish the B plot had been the A plot. Seeing the diner full was pretty awesome and there was more comedy to mine with Bosco being undercover and the family helping to solve the cybercrime.

• Love 9

You know, Tina and her libido are just scary sometimes.  I can see why they changed the character from a boy to a girl!  If I were Bob's Ocean Avenue neighbor, I'd tell my boys to stay far away from Tina!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

"It's a little shrill."
"You let mom talk."
"Whaaat?"

That was my favorite part of the ep.

55 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Were all the wi fi wiffy heh people buying food or just sitting and texting, browsing etc?

Well, Bob said it was good for business, so I assume they all ordered something. Of course they probably were sitting there for longer than they needed to be (to finish their food).

I sometimes grow tired of Tina's boy fixation, though of course that's a real thing, maybe only slightly exaggerated. Still, when she wasn't acknowledging how self-centered she was being, I just didn't find her amusing.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, vibeology said:

This is the sort of episode that makes Tina my least favourite character by far. I don't mind a teenage girl being attracted to boys or even setting up situations where she's around boys, but she loses me when she engineers situations where she touches boys who aren't interested or she pushes things like the love triangle when the boy in question repeatedly said he wasn't interested in her. Back the fuck off, Tina! And Tina getting a clue after days of making the other kids suffer wasn't enough to make up for any of it. Both the kids and the instructor were very clear with her about what was expected before she joined and what she was doing wrong once she was there. Her cluelessness isn't cute or funny for me; it's just very frustrating.

I kinda felt this way too.