Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E20: Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?

• Start Topic

Kara and Lena head to Kaznia to hunt down Lex. However, Eve Tessmacher sets a trap for the duo that could ultimately reveal that Kara is Supergirl. Meanwhile, Alex gets a long-awaited phone call, James practices using his powers, and Ben Lockwood takes a dangerous stand inside the D.E.O.

Okay, I admit I laughed out loud the entire Lena was "flying" and "landing" the plane while yelling to Kara to hold on... and Kara is outside setting down the plane and then pretending she passed out. That was a great scene! Which ALMOST made it worth it that Lena doesn't know still - but then there was that ridiculous scene where Lena is watching a video of Supergirl while STANDING NEXT to Supergirl and doesn't put it together.

AND THEN Kara is just about to tell her (my heart LEAPT!) and Lena has that monologue about not knowing if she could handle it if another friend lying about who they were it again and Kara put her glasses back on and I was so deflated. I really hope that tease was leading to Lena actually being brought into the group that knows Kara = Supergirl by the end of the season. 

I really enjoyed this episode and think it's been the highlight of the 2nd half of the season so far!

• Love 5

Good lord, the Alex wants to be a mom plot is a complete waste of time. 

I guess they couldn't scrape together enough cash to pay Jon Cryer for more than a few episodes.  I thought Baker was actually Lex using an image inducer at the end and that he'd drop it for the end of episode surprise.  `

• Love 7

So after the mother painted her tooth black, did George carry on with his play duties (inquiring minds)? I don't blame Lockwood for walking out after hearing that story.

Lena's super smart plane couldn't alert her the door was opened twice/cabin pressure? 

There is no real second in charge to Alex to help Brainy deal/stop Lockwood from messing around the DEO files?

Kelly doesn't have her own problems/life to tend to instead of following Alex around town and listening to her yap/issues (she just met her)?

There's a bang on the door and Kara needed to ask: is someone there? (X-ray vision?)

What was the purpose of Copy Eve showing up and giving Kara and Lena all the information?

Kara! Why bother burn the pictures? I'm sure Lex, Eve and all of Russia know you are Supergirl and have more photocopies to probably blackmail you.

I hope James reimburses the owner of the GMC for the damages.

So the President is in on the plot to destroy America? Interesting!

Lena is so pissed at Eve but she held back from delivering some shocks while she was handcuffed!

• Love 2

Oh my God, has Kara never seen a movie or TV show? When the sketchy guy looks uninterested at the top secret information you just give him about his own people and says "have you told anyone else about this?" you say "Yes, I have written the information down in many sealed envelopes and given them to several friends, relatives, and major news outlets, as well as saved it to the cloud, and they have instructions to send the information out to anyone and everyone with influence instantly, broadcast it all over the news, and will be sent all over the internet instantly if I do not check in with them in the next ten minutes in an outside location. So anyways..."

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
(edited)

Seriously, Kara, you always give someone a copy of the information. Perhaps to a trustworthy, Pulitzer-prize winning journalist with newfound powers who's immune to kryptonite? 

Lockwood calling James a blood traitor gave me serious Harry Potter vibes. 

So, President, evil billionaire, collusion with Kasnia. All right, show, you can have this obvious metaphor this time. 

Edited by bettername2come
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Good Lord, The Alex wants to be a mom plot is a complete waste of time.

I don't know why they won't let go of this mommy plot. It's the most boring plot they've ever given Alex and I feel like she's been somewhat watered down as a character since they've introduced it.

Kara deciding not to tell Lena made my eyes roll. She's probably now gonna find out about Kara being Supergirl through someone else. She'll probably be much angrier about it then if she had found out through Kara. 

• Love 7

Miss Tessmacher: You're done, Little Sister. Red Daughter is gonna to blow shit up, my boyfriend will rule this world, and he taught me the Shadow Clone Jutsu! What could you possibly do to stop me?

Lena: (without words, snaps off the heel from one of her shoes, producing a fully-functional sword)

Miss Tessmacher: I'm going to die today, aren't I?

Lena: (raising eyebrow) "Shadow Clone Jutsu"?

Miss Tessmacher: In addition to being the smartest man in the world, Lex Luthor is also a massive Naruto weeaboo. Go figure!

Looks like we're careening the the finish line. Lockwood fulfills his destiny, injecting the Plot Devicium into his veins and turning into the Abomination. Well, he's an abomination on the inside. Kara and Lena have an adventure where Kara saves Lena's ass several times without her knowing it, but then picks the worst time to reveal her alter ego.  As touching as it is to make an effort and for Lena to pour her heart out about trust, it's funny to see Kara with hands on her hips in a classic superheroine pose. One minute later, she basically mutters "shit," then puts her glasses back on.

Oh, and Alex gets her chance to be a mom at pretty much the worst time in the story, AND she's denied. But Kelly basically reveals she's a lesbian, and they'll probably wind up kissing in the finale. Then the camera would pan to Maggie, wiping a tear away and slowly nodding in approval. And maybe Sara and Ava are also nearby, hugging in celebration that two other girls have found each other.

I like Supergirl . . . but part of me gets a kick out of Kara doing Supergirl stuff without her outfit. This week: saving the plummeting plane, followed by zipping back inside and faking unconsciousness. I know that Lena will  find out and she will be pissed . . . but I think she should be impressed by Kara's efforts to keep her secret.

I keep forgetting to ask . . . is it common knowledge at the DEO that Brainy is an alien?

• Love 2

I noticed my cat has developed a flea problem but was only able to spend about a quarter hour with the flea comb, so here I am.

• How conveeeeenient that Jimmy Olson's sister is a widowed lesbian!
  • If Kara is so concerned about how Lena will react to her "betrayal" when she tells her she's Supergirl, Jonn Jonnz can always mindwipe her, too...
  • The CGI of that hummer being tossed about was cringe-worthy; at least make it fly like someone threw it!
  • Hey! Jonn showed up and did something (relatively) useful!
  • As mentioned before, you didn't share your information with anyone!?!?! Didn't the Kryptonite lamp shade decorations give you  a clue? I always wondered where everyone in the comics found enough Kryptonite laying around to do things like this. LOL

I take it the next ep is the season finally?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I take it the next ep is the season finally?

I believe there are two episodes left.

After seeing the episode title I can’t get Eminem’s Slim Shady out of my head.

I can’t believe how frustrated I was when Kara decided not to go through with telling Lena. C’mon!!!

I get that Cryer is just a guest star but where exactly is Lex supposed to have been all this time?

This Alex plot is just SO dumb. Next. And how weird that someone she just met is now doing everything with her.  

I hope Lockwood meets his bitter end by the time this season is over.

1 hour ago, cambridgeguy said:

Good lord, the Alex wants to be a mom plot is a complete waste of time. 

And I'm pretty confident that's not how adoptions work either.  I put my application in last year, and I just got a call I'm getting a kid.  
Plus, it was all so boring.

52 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

So, President, evil billionaire, collusion with Kasnia. All right, show, you can have this obvious metaphor this time. 

I thought it was Lex using an image inducer, or whatever those things are the aliens were using to look more like humans.

According to Lex's map, it looks like Kasnia is going to invade Southern California.

How exactly would Kara get a last minute meeting with the President --- as a reporter ?  Not even a reporter assigned to the White House fulltime.

Did J'onn intend to kill Ben Lockwood by throwing him into that tanker ?  How did they know he would even survive that ?  He only had the serum injected for a couple of minutes.

• Love 3

We were so. Fucking. Close. I was screaming so loudly for Kara to just tell Lena. In the end I understand why she didn’t, but now that Kara has decided to tell Lena after Lex is caught, this just means that someone will beat Kara to the punch.

Thanks to other posters I’ve started to pay more attention to scenery and I feel like the church where they held Mrs. Lockwood’s funeral is also where Barry and Iris attempted to get married and where the Legends saw an orgy in 19th century England. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

3 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

How exactly would Kara get a last minute meeting with the President --- as a reporter ?  Not even a reporter assigned to the White House fulltime.

Did J'onn intend to kill Ben Lockwood by throwing him into that tanker ?  How did they know he would even survive that ?  He only had the serum injected for a couple of minutes.

Based on Kara’s conversation with the president I assumed that Cat Grant (I think she’s the press secretary now) pulled strings to get Kara the meeting. In the beginning of the episode we see that James is fireproof. Since Ben has the same powers as James he knows throwing Ben into the tanker would annoy him, not kill him.

5 hours ago, bettername2come said:

Seriously, Kara, you always give someone a copy of the information. Perhaps to a trustworthy, Pulitzer-prize winning journalist with newfound powers who's immune to kryptonite? 

Maybe I’m giving the writers too much credit, but I thought Kara was lying. The President also asked her if anyone else knew about the information and she said no, but James and Lena are aware. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Lena's super smart plane couldn't alert her the door was opened twice/cabin pressure?

This and not to mention the sudden shifts in altitude, especially when Supergirl clipped her leg across the top of that mountain.  I would think being lifted would feel different than ascending by auto-pilot.

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

There is no real second in charge to Alex to help Brainy deal/stop Lockwood from messing around the DEO files?

Whatever happened to Alex 2nd in command, Agent Vasquez? (Briana Venskus)

5 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Kara and Lena have an adventure where Kara saves Lena's ass several times without her knowing it, but then picks the worst time to reveal her alter ego.  As touching as it is to make an effort and for Lena to pour her heart out about trust, it's funny to see Kara with hands on her hips in a classic superheroine pose. One minute later, she basically mutters "shit," then puts her glasses back on.

This prolonged deception by Kara on Lena is quite stupid.  I don't know why the writers are playing around with it for this long. Except for pure tortuous fun with the fans.  This was a very good time (like the hundreds of times before) to introduce Supergirl to Lena.  Lena just confessed that she was working with the deadliest killer in history and kept it secret from Kara, all the while professing how much she despises her brother who then goes on to terrorize people after he played on her emotions. It's easy Kara, just say, "I know you did it to protect your brother, despite the fact that he's a dick, because you love him, well, how do you feel about me finally telling you that I'm Supergirl. A secret I've kept to protect you because you're my best friend and I love you!" Does telling her months from now, after Lex has been caught make it any easier for Lena?  No. Why prolong it?  If anything, Lena should get pissed that all these other people know, yet she's been kept in the dark.

Will someone, anyone, please slap the shit out of Eve!  Her "Lexy loves me" is pathetic beyond reason. Lady please, there are probably dozens of Eves and he loves you?? The more the merrier, huh?  Can't have too much of a good thing?  Keep telling yourself that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Looks like we're careening the the finish line. Lockwood fulfills his destiny, injecting the Plot Devicium into his veins and turning into the Abomination. Well, he's an abomination on the inside. Kara and Lena have an adventure where Kara saves Lena's ass several times without her knowing it, but then picks the worst time to reveal her alter ego.  As touching as it is to make an effort and for Lena to pour her heart out about trust, it's funny to see Kara with hands on her hips in a classic superheroine pose. One minute later, she basically mutters "shit," then puts her glasses back on.

I take it as an homage to this great moment from the 1978 Superman movie:

supes.gif

giphy.gif

Reeve not only made you believe a man can fly, but with change in posture and voice he made you believe  Superman could fool people into thinking he and Clark Kent weren't the same person!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

I thought Baker was actually Lex using an image inducer at the end and that he'd drop it for the end of episode surprise.  `

Now that would have been a good choice!

• Love 3

So... Some rando royal  frat boy alien from your planet's rival  plops down on earth and Kara drops everything to teach him how to fight and be a hero etc... But a man she at least once cared for romantically ( no matter how hard you try CW... I've got Netflix I've seen season one)  and is now supposedly a great friend and your boss almost gets killed.. Gets shot up with some magical kryptonian/ Mad scientist concoction almost dies again gets powers and Kara is MIA??...  Man smh... 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, shantown said:

Okay, I admit I laughed out loud the entire Lena was "flying" and "landing" the plane while yelling to Kara to hold on... and Kara is outside setting down the plane and then pretending she passed out. That was a great scene! Which ALMOST made it worth it that Lena doesn't know still - but then there was that ridiculous scene where Lena is watching a video of Supergirl while STANDING NEXT to Supergirl and doesn't put it together.

AND THEN Kara is just about to tell her (my heart LEAPT!) and Lena has that monologue about not knowing if she could handle it if another friend lying about who they were it again and Kara put her glasses back on and I was so deflated. I really hope that tease was leading to Lena actually being brought into the group that knows Kara = Supergirl by the end of the season. 

I really enjoyed this episode and think it's been the highlight of the 2nd half of the season so far!

See the writers keep teasing Lena finding out ends their friendship and then the Lazy writing of Lena being an enemy of Supergirl so much that I'm hoping they go for the Swerve of Lena getting over it and still being her best friend. Sadly I think these writers will probably just be lazy and are telling us " Lena will find out Season finale and then will be bad cause we are lazy"

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I don't know why they won't let go of this mommy plot. It's the most boring plot they've ever given Alex and I feel like she's been somewhat watered down as a character since they've introduced it.

Kara deciding not to tell Lena made my eyes roll. She's probably now gonna find out about Kara being Supergirl through someone else. She'll probably be much angrier about it then if she had found out through Kara. 

Probably through Lex. Finale Synopsis teases this may happen. 

(edited)

This is me from last week's thread:

On 4/28/2019 at 11:28 PM, Lantern7 said:

Also fun to see Lockwood lose dimension after dimension, basically becoming a complete joke, character-wise. No time to scream "I AM THE LAW!!!!" when his army raided CatCo?

. . . and he said that in the following episode. "Supergirl: Subtlety? Fuck that noise!!"

Edited by Lantern7

When Kara was standing behind Lena with the glasses whipped off in her classic SG pose, and Lena started talking, "Oy vey, all my betrayals, no one knows my pain," I knew it would be yet another tease.  And a very GD annoying one at that.  And completely unnecessary.

Just a little earlier in the day (episode), Lena had apologized profusely again for keeping her collusion with Lex a secret for as long as she did, which seems to be a much bigger and more dangerous secret than someone being cautious with her personal identity.  But Lena did confess and ask forgiveness (twice now) and it was granted graciously.  She could have, should have, and probably would have extended the same grace to Kara for holding onto her secret identity as long as she did, lest Lena be dubbed the biggest hypocrite to ever crite.  If Lena did express some annoyance/sense of betrayal, Kara could have played her ace in the hole to indicate how protective she is of her secret - "even my own adopted sister doesn't know!"  And when you get down to it, the number of people in the universe who do know is relatively small, so Lena might actually feel honored to realize she has achieved a level of confidence where she can be brought into the trusted circle.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

This is me from last week's thread:

. . . and he said in the following episode. "Supergirl: Subtlety? Fuck that noise!!"

Funny enough,  I was thinking of you in that scene! 😀

Oh Kara, you were so close.

I'm curious as to how everything is going to be wrapped up in the next two episodes, unless it carries into next season. You've got Lex, Miss Teschmascher (sp?), the Red Daughter, Lockwood and now the President (unless someone is pretending to be him). Whatever happens, it looks like it's going to be very entertaining.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Oh Kara, you were so close.

I'm curious as to how everything is going to be wrapped up in the next two episodes, unless it carries into next season. You've got Lex, Miss Teschmascher (sp?), the Red Daughter, Lockwood and now the President (unless someone is pretending to be him). Whatever happens, it looks like it's going to be very entertaining.

Yeah for a show that didn't even touch half those plotlines in the first half of the season (first 2/3rds even?) they are certainly cramming a lot in these last 4 episodes.

We are coming into the home stretch, so they decide now is time to basically sideline Alex with that adoption plot that I almost forgot all about?  Really?!  Also good to know that Kelly apparently has nothing going on in her life right now that she can just drop everything and head out with Alex to some other city on short notice.  Of course, this was really all just a clear set-up to set her up as Alex's next love interest, since they found a completely non-convoluted way to have her reveal she's a lesbian to her.  Yawn!  What a waste of Chyler Leigh's talents.

Kara and Lena team up and actually discover Lex's plan, but of course Kara still doesn't tell Lena the truth (despite several close calls), because she feels it will hurt Lena or some shit.  To be fair, she is now claiming she will tell her after they get Lex, but I'm guessing either a) she find another excuse not to or b) Lex will just tell Lena instead and make things worse for Kara.  Granted, all of this is still just making Lena daft, because there was just way too many suspicious moments that Lena should have at least been giving the side-eye about.

Ben's son has finally had enough of his shit, at least.  But now Ben's taken the same drug James is on and I guess is going to be a super-powered villain now.  I wish I could care more since I really do like Sam Witwer, but I'm just done with Ben as a main villain.

Either the President is actually Lex in disguise or I really question President Lynda Carter's campaign team for failing the vetting process and not realizing what a scumbag her VP pick was.  Either way, Kara really should have saw that swerve coming.

Hopefully they saved on the budget so that they can get Jon Cryer back for the last two episodes this season.

• Love 4

The whole idea of Alex getting a baby doesn't even fit into the show's formula. What's it going to add to the story aside from Alex constantly having to find a baby-sitter whenever she's needed for something? 

So Kara enters the Oval Office, the President signals the Secret Service guy to leave him and Kara alone, Kara reveals the whole Kasnia/Lex thing, the President pushes a button under his desk and someone comes in and puts a bag over Kara's head.

Conclusion: the President has a secret button that specifically tells someone to come into his office and put a bag over the head of whoever he's talking to.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

And I'm pretty confident that's not how adoptions work either.  I put my application in last year, and I just got a call I'm getting a kid.  
Plus, it was all so boring.

This story line is almost identical to the story line shown in the animated comedy Bojack Horseman, expect the person adopting didn't drag a friend along.

49 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

So Kara enters the Oval Office, the President signals the Secret Service guy to leave him and Kara alone, Kara reveals the whole Kasnia/Lex thing, the President pushes a button under his desk and someone comes in and puts a bag over Kara's head.

Conclusion: the President has a secret button that specifically tells someone to come into his office and put a bag over the head of whoever he's talking to.

Good thing he didn't push the button that opens a trap door in the floor!

• LOL 3
(edited)

So, Ben has the authority to just stroll into the DEO and take any weapons they have without any resistance?  I call bullshit on that especially with thugs in tow. I’m pretty sure you can’t just name the Children of Liberty as your own private, unchecked militia  supplanting the real army.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Jacks-Son said:

So, Ben has the authority to just stroll into the DEO and take any weapons they have without any resistance?  I call bullshit on that especially with thugs in tow. I’m pretty sure you can’t just name the Children of Liberty as your own private, unchecked army supplanting the real army.

What could go wrong? The DEO instituted a "no kill" weapons policy, didn't they?

• LOL 2
(edited)

Ja, unless you’re an alien, in which case apprehension and “Enhanced Interrogations” are de rigueur.

Before this season began or whenever it was decided, I was against the decision to cast Jesse Rath as Brainiac.  Based on his performance in "Defiance", I didn't think he had the range to play a humanoid computer.  I didn't expect a facsimile of James Marsters' Brainiac ("Smallville"), but I just didn't think he could pull it off.  I owe the actor an apology.  I'm enjoying his wooden personality here and find his subtle comedy pretty effective.  Mostly, I'm enjoying the banter and chemistry between his character and Nia Nal (Dreamer). I find Nia's exasperation with Brainy funny and I like how she responds to his innocence. They make a nice team.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 3

Re the adoption story, I wasn’t surprised that the birth mother changed her mind.  I was certain that someone working for the anti alien people set it up so that she would leave town and there was no baby to be adopted. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, sd dude said:

Just a little earlier in the day (episode), Lena had apologized profusely again for keeping her collusion with Lex a secret for as long as she did, which seems to be a much bigger and more dangerous secret than someone being cautious with her personal identity.  But Lena did confess and ask forgiveness (twice now) and it was granted graciously.  She could have, should have, and probably would have extended the same grace to Kara for holding onto her secret identity as long as she did, lest Lena be dubbed the biggest hypocrite to ever crite.  If Lena did express some annoyance/sense of betrayal, Kara could have played her ace in the hole to indicate how protective she is of her secret - "even my own adopted sister doesn't know!"  And when you get down to it, the number of people in the universe who do know is relatively small, so Lena might actually feel honored to realize she has achieved a level of confidence where she can be brought into the trusted circle.

I keep thinking how much I would love for this to happen, but I would be surprised if the show would pass up the opportunity for drama.

• Love 2
(edited)

You know your a dick when your kid tells you they hate you and never want to see you again at their moms funeral. 

The adoption story is so painfully boring, and such a waste of Alex. Her whole plot just seemed to exist to let her know that Jimmy's sister is into women, and is definitely going to be her next love interest. If they really want to give Alex a kid, just do it, stop dragging it out! Lets be real, this only existed to give her a decent reason to split with Maggie when the actress left, so now they're stuck with this plot that keep showing up randomly to cause me to want to start checking my phone. 

I did like the Lena and Kara plot, they have a great dynamic that I always like, even though it still drives me nuts that Lena still hasn't been told the truth or figured it out! Lena is basically a super genius, and she still hasn't put two and two together yet?! She is just going to be even more upset when she finds out on her own, or someone else tells her, and we were so close now! So close!

For a smart woman, Eve is delusional is she really thinks that Lex cares at all about her. The only person he cares about beside himself is Lena, and even thats a very selfish, unhealthy kind of love. Her many clones were kind of funny though. 

At least Brainy inspired the DEO to tell Lockwood to take his little Gestopo cover band and shove it. That guy is such a smug dick, I cant wait to see him taken down. Also, did President Linda Carter not even KNOW her VP?! Did she never notice this serious evil, treasonous side?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
(edited)

Wow. What horrible timing to bring back the Alex adopt-a-kid plotline. They couldn't have put it into a more slow paced sort of episode? The sheer non-urgency of this story couldn't contrast more glaringly with the rest of this episode.

I really hate how sidelined Alex has been this season. First they hit us with the memory loss plot, which they really haven't done much with (even though dramatically it offers much more than the mom plot), and now this.

I mean, they could have even actually used the adoption plot to bring together the memory loss issue (having her recall memories of her mom and growing up and her sister, and forcing some kind of realization of inconsistencies), but no... just digging up an old storyline out of the blue.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 4

Not to mention Lois (Teri Hatcher, "Lois & Clark, The New Adventures of Superman") being told by Tempus, how "Galactically dumb" she was for not realizing that Clark was Superman.  He even put on glasses and took them off to demonstrate how ridiculous the whole "Secret Identity" thing was.  I can imagine Lena, when she finally finds out, super genius that she is, will kick herself for not having seen it.

Speaking of Secret Identity, does Kelly know that Kara is Supergirl? Does Kelly know that her brother's best super-friend is Clark Kent?

And yes, if their not so subtle plan is to hook up Kelly with Alex, it couldn't be more awkwardly obvious.  I was dreading a kiss, I would have been more than a little upset.  I prefer my TV couples to hook up organically, not just two strangers thrown together with flashing neon lights.  I actually squirmed when they were together, dreading some embarrassing neophyte move by Alex, fresh off her tryst with Sara Lance.

• Love 5

There really should have been an early episode where Alex is established as being uncomfortable around kids but then has to take care and protect one. Basically Alan Grant's arc in Jurassic Park. And the kid be not a pre-teen like Ruby but someone more younger around 5 years old who really can't take care of themselves. Boy or girl, but preferably a girl and really cute. You see Alex bond and grow to love the child and also still bea  badass protector like Ripley protects Newt in Aliens. And when she goes to her parents and they have to say goodye she it's heartbreaking. That way you get viewers to think "Hey, Alex would make a great mom!" and plant that seed. Later when Maggie says she doesn't want kids and Alex says she does, it doesn't seem to come out of nowhere. You want to see her become a mother because you shown she can be a good one without giving up the things that make her be a great agent.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

So, Ben has the authority to just stroll into the DEO and take any weapons they have without any resistance?  I call bullshit on that especially with thugs in tow. I’m pretty sure you can’t just name the Children of Liberty as your own private, unchecked militia  supplanting the real army. 

Are you talking about the same DEO where anyone could just go waltz in laddy-daddy-da and nothing would happen? Hell, in Season Three I thought they will make DEO a tourist attraction in some point. Actually, DEO is f'in useless in this series.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Yay for a Kara-and-Lena team-up episode!  Bigger yay for Kara realizing she has to tell Lena the truth, but boo for not going through with it.  Even though I got excited as soon as Kara said she wouldn't have been hurt by the explosion, I KNEW we were about three seconds from a, "You're the only person I can still trust, Kara, I don't know WHAT I'd do without you and your way of never keeping secrets from me."  I mean, I get why Kara backed down, but seriously.  Boo.

I'm impressed by how surprisingly-human Brainy managed to act around Lockwood.  Some serious survival instincts must have kicked in, because normally, he can't say two lines without "I'M AN ALIEN A.I. FROM THE FUTURE!" flashing over his head.  (I'm now 100% convinced that Brainy being an alien/A.I. isn't in any official DEO records, because Lockwood would have for sure flagged any alien's personnel file and had them detained for "enhanced interrogation.")  Also, good on him for getting the agents to see reason at the end, but no way in hell do I buy that Brainiac-5 would say, "Don't follow your orders, follow your hearts."  (MAYBE if he followed it up with some probability analysis about human susceptibility to sappy cheese, but that would still stretching it.)

OMG, I was living for Nia's glee at testing James's invulnerability.  She was having so much fun with that hammer!  I love her.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Speaking of Secret Identity, does Kelly know that Kara is Supergirl? Does Kelly know that her brother's best super-friend is Clark Kent?

I'm guessing no to the former question, at least. Chiefly because when Alex talked about how hard it must be to have a sibling with super powers, Kelly didn't say anything.

(I was actually hoping they'd have her say something like, "Well, you would know," and then when Alex startled and confused said she didn't know what she meant, have Kelly say "You know, Kara, Supergirl...?" And finally get the Alex memory plot kicked into gear again. But no, second failure on that front.)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I'm guessing no to the former question, at least. Chiefly because when Alex talked about how hard it must be to have a sibling with super powers, Kelly didn't say anything.

Opportunity missed, AGAIN!!! During that exchange, I thought I saw a hesitation on Kelly’s part then she thought better of it. It was probably wishful thinking on my part. They need to cut this whole crap out about Alex’s mind wipe. I don’t care if the entire DEO has been wiped, I only care about the sisters’ relationship, it was the best part of the show.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Opportunity missed, AGAIN!!! During that exchange, I thought I saw a hesitation on Kelly’s part then she thought better of it. It was probably wishful thinking on my part. They need to cut this whole crap out about Alex’s mind wipe. I don’t care if the entire DEO has been wiped, I only care about the sisters’ relationship, it was the best part of the show.

I saw Kelly hesitate too. I read it as Kelly wondering why Alex is acting as if she doesn't know what it is like to have a sibling with superpowers. Either Kelly doesn't know, or she has picked up on the fact that Alex doesn't know.

6 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

I saw Kelly hesitate too. I read it as Kelly wondering why Alex is acting as if she doesn't know what it is like to have a sibling with superpowers. Either Kelly doesn't know, or she has picked up on the fact that Alex doesn't know.

Ah hah!!  Then I'm not alone.  We both saw it or at least thought we saw it and I wondered the same thing; Kelly wondering why Alex was acting as if she didn't know her sister was Supergirl. I think it's the latter and she played along with Alex.  If we're right I hope it may eventually lead to the breakdown of the mindwipe. 

• Love 1

Fellow DC Comics fans, I can't believe they were hiding this in plain sight all along:

It hit me when I saw Ben Lockwood in his torn shirt.

Ben Lockwood. B LOCKwood. BLOCK. Blockbuster.

We all remember Blockbuster from the comics, right?

blockbuster ben lockwood.png

Blockbuster__28Comics-321498.jpg

3 hours ago, Snorfbat said:

Fellow DC Comics fans, I can't believe they were hiding this in plain sight all along:

He looks like a rip-off of The Hulk to me.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:48 AM, Snorfbat said:

That could be where they're going, although Ben Lockwood actually WAS Agent Liberty's name in the comics.  But if they aren't going to give him a jetpack....

@Snorfbat, I might have that Hulk in my garage.  Back then, my main hobby was going to the Candy Store (I don't think they had comic book stores back then) and perusing all the Marvel Comics.  I usually bought copies of each Marvel Comic monthly.  I didn't collect DC Comics back then or ever, actually.  I think I have Silver Surfer #1, those were the .25 cent specials.

• Love 2

I haven't commented much here lately, but I will say that I'm glad this last third of the season has been better, or at least more interesting, for the most part than the first half.

Folks, references to the synopses of future episodes are considered spoilers, and as such have no place in an episode thread. Posts in violation will be removed. Thanks!