Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

Who wudda thunk The View would be such a hard venue for presidential candidates? Gillibrand was awkward and so was Joe. They had to have known they'd be questioned about their vulnerabilities (Gillibrand on Franken and Biden about Anita Hill and being too touchy feely) and yet they both dealt with the obvious questions poorly. Things are only going to get tougher from here on. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Who wudda thunk The View would be such a hard venue for presidential candidates? Gillibrand was awkward and so was Joe. They had to have known they'd be questioned about their vulnerabilities (Gillibrand on Franken and Biden about Anita Hill and being too touchy feely) and yet they both dealt with the obvious questions poorly. Things are only going to get tougher from here on. 

I agree.  Joe Biden is a genuine person but he doesn't know when to stop on any particular topic.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

The only time I do not have make up on in public is when I go for a facial

I rarely wear makeup.  Maybe for a wedding or something.  I do shower and brush my teeth and hair.  If you don't wear makeup you don't need any.  Makeup was a no-no growing up and I am glad of it.

I was trying to decide if MM was excited or being facetious.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Eileen Dover said:

Wow, what a weird question MM asked Joe Biden: 

“Does death ever get easier?”

It seems callous to ask this man, who has suffered several unimaginable family tragedies. What could he say, ‘yeah, next one should be a breeze.’

What an incredibly dumb question.

• Love 14

Just finished watching Joe Biden's appearance on "The View"....he came across un-sure, meandering, dull....I know its not "PC", but he is old, white & boring.  Joy kept pressing him on the Anita Hill issue, why has he not come out & said "I'm sorry", he gave some long, convoluted answer.  I am not impressed, I think Joe needs to retire & enjoy his family.

• Love 9

I'm old as dirt, although just 72. I've known men like Biden -  ie a millionaire with a hotel and other business interests, and a Governor.....and others - older than me.

I cannot condone them - but I can understand. Mainly because they were friendly without malice - and did not understand. Well - until the wake up call. But perhaps not even then when they were all men that were helpful to people and charitable.

But none of them grabbed women and kissed them or grabbed their pussys or anything like that. Or had affairs.

Seems to me Biden's mistakes and stupidity were made in public - hence the video and photos.

BTW - I am kind of in the don't get in my space kind of gal.

OTOH - Biden came in and it looked odd (but respectful) that he shook hands and then MM hugged him. WTH - let him be MM.

• Love 14

So MM was out “sick” for the past 2 days, and today there is no mention.  No “welcome back”. No “glad you’re feeling better”?.....nada...lol

Edited by After7Only
  • LOL 10
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'm sure she wanted to hear Biden denounce something, anything from the Obama administration. 

So she could screech out to the TV camera, "RNC! RNC!  Use that in one of your clips!"

• Love 8
8 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Maybe she meant nasty witch She mispronounces stuff all the time. 

Wish I could understand why I'm so fascinated by her "hidden" speech defect.  She W's a lot of her L's...but hides them well (which she would pronounce weoo).

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Wish I could understand why I'm so fascinated by her "hidden" speech defect.  She W's a lot of her L's...but hides them well (which she would pronounce weoo).

I have become fascinated with her lip snarl, which I thought was just when she was, well, actually snarling.  I noticed today that it also happens when she is about to cry.

For a woman who thinks she is a shark, who says she cannot show emotion, just cause (but then is OTT emotional on a weekly basis), she is so obviously insecure and self-conscious.  She gets defensive when things that are being said have nothing to do with her.  She is pretty much just a puddle of emotion and insecurities.  Why is no one (her mother, her siblings, her husband, her friends) taking her aside and telling her to either change her approach on the show, or walk away?  I cannot believe she has no people to tell her how ridiculous she looks.

• Love 23

Hate to admit that Biden's visit today added a li'l weight to Trump's "Sleepy Joe" jab - no Young (or Olde) Lochinvar, he - today, at any rate. 

I don't remember Biden saying much about his policies, although unseating The New Guy (tm  Whoops) works for me.  Hope Joe can self-ignite in the near future!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I have always liked Joe Biden so I will probably be to biased in my opinion of the interview   

Working as a part time companion/homemaker to the elderly recently Joe seems pretty sharp and youthful for his age   That just seems like a dumb thing to criticize him for.   JMHO the president seems lost in his thoughts half time and older then his age so my advice to republicans is to find something else to criticize.  I give them that advice for free.  

It’s interesting how much time they are giving the political guests.  Wonder if they will have president Trump on one day. Joy might use a sick day.   

• Love 18
7 hours ago, bannana said:

I have become fascinated with her lip snarl, which I thought was just when she was, well, actually snarling.

That too...the right side of her top lip seems to have a life of its own.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

That too...the right side of her top lip seems to have a life of its own.

She raises it while twitching her nose and doing the squint eye whenever she finishes one of her rants. Perhaps to distract us from her beet red ears and neck.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Hate to admit that Biden's visit today added a li'l weight to Trump's "Sleepy Joe" jab - no Young (or Olde) Lochinvar, he - today, at any rate. 

I don't remember Biden saying much about his policies, although unseating The New Guy (tm  Whoops) works for me.  Hope Joe can self-ignite in the near future!

Many others have commented on Joe's lack of substance regarding the Anita Hill questioning. The fact that he seemed so unprepared to speak about it does worry a lot of his base, including me and DH. Other times he seems so upbeat and ready to discuss policies. Maybe his thoughts were thrown off by MM's remarks about grief????

• Love 6
8 hours ago, tribeca said:

I have always liked Joe Biden so I will probably be to biased in my opinion of the interview   

Working as a part time companion/homemaker to the elderly recently Joe seems pretty sharp and youthful for his age   That just seems like a dumb thing to criticize him for.   JMHO the president seems lost in his thoughts half time and older then his age so my advice to republicans is to find something else to criticize.  I give them that advice for free.  

It’s interesting how much time they are giving the political guests.  Wonder if they will have president Trump on one day. Joy might use a sick day.   

I'm sure Trump is invited. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

Many others have commented on Joe's lack of substance regarding the Anita Hill questioning. The fact that he seemed so unprepared to speak about it does worry a lot of his base, including me and DH. Other times he seems so upbeat and ready to discuss policies. Maybe his thoughts were thrown off by MM's remarks about grief????

It looked like he had been prepared for a certain type of questions and then all hell broke loose.  I felt sorry for him and look forward to better things.  Joe!  Don't go back on "The View" !!!

• Love 2
On April 26, 2019 at 4:49 PM, Natalie68 said:

What an incredibly dumb question.

Whoopi lost her mother and brother within a relatively short period of time. Pretty sure Joy and others at the table have also lost people they loved. They probably have talked to her about grief as have many other people. She doesn't seem to realize how the rest of her family might feel. She really is an extraordinarily self-centered person. Phrasing it as tactfully as I can.  

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, mongoose said:

Whoopi lost her mother and brother within a relatively short period of time. Pretty sure Joy and others at the table have also lost people they loved. They probably have talked to her about grief as have many other people. She doesn't seem to realize how the rest of her family might feel. She really is an extraordinarily self-centered person. Phrasing it as tactfully as I can.  

Good point. Meghan acts as though her grief is so special, so insurmountable, a grief like nobody else has ever experienced.  

I know I'm not alone in seeing a difference. Losing a spouse, a child, or a sibling is different than having an elderly parent die.  There is a natural, expected order, that the older generation goes first.

• Love 18
On 4/26/2019 at 11:42 AM, tinkerbell said:

Her point is : "I despise Obama and everything I think he stands for, because that's what republicans are programmed to do.  In order for me to support you, please give me one talking point I can use to screech about how you are different than Obama." 

And I honestly think she mostly hates Obama, because he won in 2008. With Meghan it's always personal, no matter how much she likes to style herself as a political analyst. 

On 4/27/2019 at 6:02 PM, PennyPie18 said:

I like Joe. Everyone has a right to not be touched, and to say, "Don't touch me," without being labeled a bitch, but I don't for a second think Biden ever meant anything inappropriate.

I think he's a hugger, and because men with bad intentions have used social graces as a cover for getting their groping rocks off, it has unfairly tainted him. He's also been tainted, because our language for it is lacking. When people discuss "unwanted" and "inappropriate" touching, it sounds like it is sexual at its root, even when it it is not.  

When I heard he was coming on The View, I figured his appearance would be "the" apology for his displays of physical affection and for the Anita Hill fiasco. It's an obvious setting for it. I figured that's why he was there in the first place.

He was facing an all female panel, but to a person (even and maybe especially The Daughters), they are all more or less on his side and want to see him get past this and are friendly to him. Sunny has been the lone co-host who has been critical in any serious way (over the past couple of months, that is). It's the perfect place to put a period at the end of this sentence and start a fresh paragraph.

He blew it. He punted, when he should have had a crisp, cogent response, without all that passive voice verbiage. 

I will vote for whichever candidate wins the Democratic primary, but this appearance disappointed me, when I expected it would take care of it all. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 9