Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

Not gonna judge Gwen for this. I do remember she was ridiculously top heavy for her frame and just realised that’s what’s different about her now. Wouldn't doubt for a second that they were giving her pain and they weren’t going to get any easier over time. The bra to hold ‘em up was probably killing her shoulders. 

• Like 12

It sounds like the insurance says they would and then reneged.  That kind of surgery should have required precertification.  The doctor’s office should have secured approval from the insurance ahead of time.  To be honest, I’ve relied on my doctors office to tell me If they got approval  or not rather than calling the insurance company myself.  After all, I don’t know the terminology to use.  You sometimes get written approval sent to your home address by the insurance company after the event 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 10
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

But did she have documentation of trying oher treatments first?  That's makes a difference in the decision.

Yes. Before someone can have a breast reduction, the medical reasons must be verifiable. Often other treatments including physical therapy are tried first.  Then, before any surgery you check for authorization. I don't understand the comment "my mom was pissed because they said they would?" Who said? Did she not get  pre-authorization paperwork? I don't get it?

• Like 5

She didn't think to check in insurance beforehand?  "Back pain and posture deterioration" are almost certainly not going to be legitimate reasons for insurance to cover that kind of surgery.

Gwen said that the insurance company initially said the surgery was covered but then they rejected the claim. Not surprising - health insurance companies reject a percentage of allowable claims as a matter of course, knowing that many people will not question and will pay whatever the company says they are owed. That's part of how insurance company CEOs make enormous profits while people who pay for health insurance end up bankrupted by medical expenses. It doesn't sound like Gwen just went to the doctor one day and decided to have the surgery without checking with her insurance.

I think that back pain is actually the primary reason that women have breast reduction surgery and to me, the requirement that physical therapy be tried and found ineffective is ridiculous. Gwen had a G cup - that is a lot of weight for her body to have to carry. I don't see how physical therapy was going to make her breasts lighter and therefore easier for her body to carry. 

If I knew Gwen, I would tell her to fight the insurance company before giving in and paying. This sounds to me like a completely reasonable treatment for a documented issue that was causing her daily pain. 

On the bright side, at least ONE Brown has health insurance!

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 17
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Gwen said that the insurance company initially said the surgery was covered but then they rejected the claim. Not surprising - health insurance companies reject a percentage of allowable claims as a matter of course, knowing that many people will not question and will pay whatever the company says they are owed. That's part of how insurance company CEOs make enormous profits while people who pay for health insurance end up bankrupted by medical expenses. It doesn't sound like Gwen just went to the doctor one day and decided to have the surgery without checking with her insurance.

I think that back pain is actually the primary reason that women have breast reduction surgery and to me, the requirement that physical therapy be tried and found ineffective is ridiculous. Gwen had a G cup - that is a lot of weight for her body to have to carry. I don't see how physical therapy was going to make her breasts lighter and therefore easier for her body to carry. 

If I knew Gwen, I would tell her to fight the insurance company before giving in and paying. This sounds to me like a completely reasonable treatment for a documented issue that was causing her daily pain. 

On the bright side, at least ONE Brown has health insurance!

My friend was not required to try PT prior to getting her reduction.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My friend was not required to try PT prior to getting her reduction.

Mine, either.  She had pain from bra straps that dug into her shoulders, and her boobs hung down to her waist.  She was required to lose 10-15 pounds though, before surgery was approved by the insurance company.

If Gwen was already in a G cup, I hate to think if she ever had gotten pregnant, how enormous she would have been.  My normal D cup got so big when I was pregnant, I couldn't find a bra with a big enough cup size (of course, this was the early 80's, and I know things are better now.)  

• Like 9
23 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mine, either.  She had pain from bra straps that dug into her shoulders, and her boobs hung down to her waist.  She was required to lose 10-15 pounds though, before surgery was approved by the insurance company.

If Gwen was already in a G cup, I hate to think if she ever had gotten pregnant, how enormous she would have been.  My normal D cup got so big when I was pregnant, I couldn't find a bra with a big enough cup size (of course, this was the early 80's, and I know things are better now.)  

My friend was required to lose weight as well. They wanted her to lose boob fat so they didn't remove too much, if she ever was to lose weight later.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 1/12/2023 at 6:51 PM, Cetacean said:

But did she have documentation of trying oher treatments first?  That's makes a difference in the decision.

What other treatments? You can’t tie them onto your shoulders or move them, they’re just there. The only natural way to shrink breast tissue is by calorie restriction/fat loss and that’s dangerous and unsustainable for someone who doesn’t need to lose a ton of weight. Most surgeons say there isn’t much to be done for oversized breasts except to get them reduced. 

I had my implants removed in 2019 and they were only a DD. They were becoming a pain and one had sprung a leak, it was a relief to have them removed. I cannot even imagine a G cup and how painful that would be. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

What other treatments?

The reason that large breasts can cause back pain is because large breasts shift your center of gravity forward, which means that your back, core, shoulders, and neck muscles all have to work harder to maintain your posture.  There are PT programs designed to strengthen the core and back muscles.

They may or may not work but are sometimes required by surgeons to rule out other means than surgery.  Obviously they may or may not work but are worth a try before an invasive procedure.

• Like 5

I just had a new thought about Gwen’s surgery.  I believe she said their cost ( Christine paid) was $8000?   That’s an extremely low amount for all that’s involved if it’s the full cost. I think Gwen misunderstood how her insurance worked.  It sounds more like a amount that  Gwen’s( Christine’s ? Gwen is under  the age of 26) insurance treated  as  deductible and co-pays.  Some insurance comes with deductibles of several thousand dollars per year. 

Edited to add: depending on where she had it done, out of network co-pays too.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 7
  • Useful 5
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I just had a new thought about Gwen’s surgery.  I believe she said their cost ( Christine paid) was $8000?   That’s an extremely low amount for all that’s involved if it’s the full cost. I think Gwen misunderstood how her insurance worked.  It sounds more like a amount that  Gwen’s( Christine’s ? Gwen is under  the age of 26) insurance treated  as  deductible and co-pays.  Some insurance comes with deductibles of several thousand dollars per year. 

Edited to add: depending on where she had it done, out of network co-pays too.  

This is what I thought as well.  I wondered if a member of her surgical team was out of network so insurance wouldn't pay that part.  I had outpatient surgery and the before insurance cost just for the few hours in the hospital was over $25,000.  I also can't believe that her doctor's office didn't do the due diligence to determine what the insurance would pay.  I knew exactly what I would owe the doctor and the copay to the hospital (which they collected at the preop appointment).  There were a few minimal lab costs beyond that but those were like maybe $20 here or $40 there.

• Like 4
On 1/12/2023 at 11:39 PM, GeeGolly said:

I agree they should have figured this out prior to the procedure, but breast reduction can absolutely be a medical need. My friend had back and shoulder issues by the time she was an adult and her insurance covered it. She had a second reduction 20 years later and insurance once again covered it.

Permanently carrying the equivalent to two babies strapped to your chest can be hard to live with.

Agree, when you’re in constant pain and run the risk of trapped nerves or ruining your posture, most insurances will comply and cover the surgery.

But yes, it is interesting to note how the Browns always end up with huge hospital bills after all they’ve been through. Christine seems to have finally gotten the message and sorted out a health insurance, yet somehow she managed again to rake up a hefty hospital bill!

• Like 5
On 1/12/2023 at 8:45 PM, Tuxcat said:

Then, before any surgery you check for authorization. I don't understand the comment "my mom was pissed because they said they would?" Who said? Did she not get  pre-authorization paperwork? I don't get it?

Agree, the last time I had a medical procedure/minor surgery.  You have a pre-op with all your blood work, EKG and possibly x-ray.  You also stop to talk to the people that have already taken all your insurance information.  They let you know if it has been approved by your insurance and this is how much you are going to have to pay.  They should tell you if they are not approved before it is scheduled.  

By the time I thought about getting a breast reduction, in my 40's, the insurance said that it was not causing me any major health issues.  Doubtful it's giving much trouble to a young health person like Gwen.  Mine were probably the same size as hers, my daughters are probably larger.  One of my coworkers was able to get hers reduced before the insurance starting denying this surgery.  

I feel like the people who deny this surgery, should have to carry around the weight for months and maybe they would change their views.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

I took her post to mean that when they chose her insurance plan, they thought this surgery would be a covered benefit.  When Gwen was ready to move ahead, they found out it wasn't going to be covered, & Christine offered to pay out-of-pocket so Gwen could get it done.  

I buy my own insurance and research it every year before selecting a plan. Even so, I'm never sure what any company is actually going to cover until I file a claim.  Some are great...some truly suck.

Edited by GeorgiaRai
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I took her post to mean that when they chose her insurance plan, they thought this surgery would be a covered benefit.  When Gwen was ready to move ahead, they found out it wasn't going to be covered, & Christine offered to pay out-of-pocket so Gwen could get it done.  

I buy my own insurance and research it every year before selecting a plan. Even so, I'm never sure what any company is actually going to cover until I file a claim.  Some are great...some truly suck.

Insurance can suck at times. My own insurance denied me necessary spinal injections for pain/inflammation so I had to go to the ER. What’s costing them more, the preventative maintenance of the injections or the ER visit complete with expensive tests? Pretty sure the epidural procedure costs significantly less. Now my Dr has to call them to beg for my procedure so I can live a somewhat pain-free existence.

They don’t care. They’d probably prefer I was dead so they can stop dealing with me. It’s mentally taxing to be fighting for yourself ALL THE TIME. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 12
10 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Not exactly the same, but I had a life-saving surgery approved by my insurance company.

After the surgery, they declined coverage. It got legal and they eventually paid, but it was very difficult to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Hugs 2

Her parents should help with rent and tuition.  How many of the others have they helped through school?  Quite a few of them had at least some help from the parents with college expenses.  

• Like 11

It seems like all of the kids have had some sort of help. With:

Dayton, Gabe, Aurora, Gwen, Ysabel all in school I'd be surprised if they could pay for it completely. And they don't get a break. As Dayton graduates Savannah and Breanna start.

I don't agree with Kody that student loans can't be taken. But I do think it is okay to ask kids to work during the summer (and work study jobs seem okay too) and I wouldn't provide a car.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

Her parents should help with rent and tuition.  How many of the others have they helped through school?  Quite a few of them had at least some help from the parents with college expenses.  

It’s just that I’m amazed they have the ability to help.  

• Like 10
On 1/16/2023 at 11:50 AM, Ms.Lulu said:

It seems like all of the kids have had some sort of help. With:

Dayton, Gabe, Aurora, Gwen, Ysabel all in school I'd be surprised if they could pay for it completely. And they don't get a break. As Dayton graduates Savannah and Breanna start.

I don't agree with Kody that student loans can't be taken. But I do think it is okay to ask kids to work during the summer (and work study jobs seem okay too) and I wouldn't provide a car.

Yeah I didn’t get any help with school. My parents seemed shocked and upset when they learned I was pole dancing as a job (most of my time was spent studying and working in the archaeology lab for very little pay). Why would I work 5 days a week when I only needed to work 2 for more money? I often went to class with glitter still on me (it got everywhere). 

Of course after graduation about a year later I finally got a job in the field and it paid pretty decent. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Gabe looks great with both long hair and short - good for him.  What a nice, selfless thing to do.

To Robyn and Kody: NICE means pleasing or agreeable.  SELFLESS means doing something to benefit someone other than yourselves.  Can you use both of these words in a sentence?  No, stop it, Robyn, you can't dry-cry and pretend you don't understand the question.  And Kody?  Stop looking at your watch and then glaring at me.  I've got all day, Caveman.  I'll bet if you two put all four of your brain cells together, you can answer the question if you try rill hard.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 16
On 1/14/2023 at 8:42 AM, Cetacean said:

The reason that large breasts can cause back pain is because large breasts shift your center of gravity forward, which means that your back, core, shoulders, and neck muscles all have to work harder to maintain your posture.  There are PT programs designed to strengthen the core and back muscles.

They may or may not work but are sometimes required by surgeons to rule out other means than surgery.  Obviously they may or may not work but are worth a try before an invasive procedure.

I think my big ass must counterweight my F cups.

• LOL 17

Unpopular opinions (if there is an unpopular opinion thread, please link me to it; I didn't find one):

1. I think Robyn's kids are fine.

1a. I think all of the Brown kids are fine, including Leon, because they're kids. (Sure Logan, Aspyn, and Leon are in their late 20s, but I'm in my mid-50s. Kids are kids. Leon was upset about the Vegas housing and sorrowful about Meri not having another kid. I am ignoring the housing issue. They were a kid. They hated moving. Then they didn't know if they'd have a real home to settle in, before they left for college.

Likewise, I'm ignoring the baby issue. Leon was raised in a cult that makes childbirth the proof of a woman's worth. Of course they wanted their mother to have more kids.

1b. I'm also ignoring Leon being so hard on their mom after the emotional affair/catfish. I'm ignoring that, because I think it was totally age and social-group appropriate for Leon to have a freak out about that. Real or not, nobody wants to learn that Mommy had the hots for another man.

1c. So anyhow, I feel bad when we're hard on the kids, here (even Mykelti and Paedon, who I think are a few sandwiches short of a picnic). They're young. And they're coming from such a weird background. It's normal that they're not normal. They weren't raised in a normal family. Even their dysfunctions make sense.

This is me. Stepping off my soapbox. I just hope we can be kinder to the kids. They're still kids (even those in their late 20s).

2. Another unpopular opinion (but not about the kids): I don't judge Meri for her affair, because I think her marriage to Kody was done with the legal divorce, even if she and Kody didn't recognize that it was over .

2a. I am especially convinced, since they hadn't been intimate for a few years before. It's pretty plain to me that this man stops having sex with "his women" once he knows they're no longer fertile. I'm more excited to see new seasons of Sister Wives, than I have been since the cul-de-sac home were finished. This is real, or has the potential to be real.

Ta da!

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, General Days said:

This is me. Stepping off my soapbox. I just hope we can be kinder to the kids. They're still kids (even those in their late 20s).

Sorry to disagree. Young adults in their 20s are not "kids". Kids don't vote, kids don't go off to war, etc...but young adults do. 

Eighteen (18) is the age of consent for the majority of everything. Most are in college or have a job. To the older generation they appear (and sometimes act) like kids, but according to society, they are not. Do they make mistakes? Sure, but then again, so do fully grown adults.

We all need to take responsibility for our actions. Even those in their 20s.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

The age of reason is considered to be seven years old.  Children as young as 14 can be tried as adults in a court of law. 

Calling people in their 20's "kids" seems bizarre to me.  At that age they are fully capable of making rational decisions and understanding the consequences of those decisions.

We all gain wisdom as we age and I am sure we all look back and see how we could have done things differently.  But excusing lying, cheating, grifting behaviors "because they are young" just doesn't cut it with me.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1

Yup, the frontal lobe is the last part of the brain to mature. But that is true of everyone. Much of our societal norms are based on times that were much different than now, but the expectations remain the same. But IMO, knowing this offers me some understanding when young adults make not so good decisions, but it doesn't mean I'm going to give them a pass.

I spent much of my 30s half jokingly and half seriously asking my mom when 'this adult thing' kicks in. But while I was waiting for it to kick in, I had kids to raise, a marriage, a house, a job etc. 

The Brown kidults are adults, surrounded by other adults. Whether or not they know what they're doing when speaking out against other family members is, IMO, on them.

With that said, I am guilty of thinking of anyone under 30 as a kid. A kid in a loving mom kind of way, not in a OMG, you're stupid kind of way.

• Like 12
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

With that said, I am guilty of thinking of anyone under 30 as a kid. A kid in a loving mom kind of way, not in a OMG, you're stupid kind of way.

My "kids" are in their 60's now and I still refer to them as the kids. 

I can't imagine saying to anyone the children are coming over today or reciting them by name when referring to them as a group.

• Like 7

The OG kids were parentifed and Robyn’s are infantilized. This thought was going somewhere but then the adhd said nope.  I’m posting this anyway in hopes the thought train comes back to the station 

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Just my opinion of the “kids”. I am not that much older than the older kids and honestly most of the time I don’t judge them for their “kid” antics on the show except that damn Leon staring at the house scene.  Most of the rolling of my eyes come from their online shenanigans.  I’m sorry but at 15/16 or however old they were I was homeless, working a job,and going to school at that age so sitting in a brand new car staring at their McMansion when they had a rental McMansion a couple of miles a way that they were already living in was preposterous.  It was then and still is now to me.  

My main problem with Leon online was they were always screaming about social justice, which in itself is fine imo, but they rarely if ever said what they were doing to help provide more equitably for people. They scream what everyone else should do.  It could be they were doing things, but all they did was be rude to posters while eating avocado toast and most likely living off Meri’s scam mlm money.  Injustice is wrong unless we’re allegedly getting over on people to buy avocado toast or let our dogs fly for free, etc.  JUSTICE FOR ME NOT FOR THEE!

Dr. Mykelti OBGYN is apparently telling people that PPD is from mom’s not getting enough attention 🙄  I get these people might have been sheltered at some point but they have been living more than a decade out in the immodest world of schemes and scams.  She needs to put the leggings down and take 5 mins reading a pamphlet from an actual doctor’s office before she spouts off as an expert.

Maddie-*See Mykelti* except she’s actually in college majoring in Biology yet shills Plexus.  The irony on that one is laughable, but then again Janelle was running around as a health coach and Kody thinks he’s some sort of real estate tycoon, so I guess Maddie’s delusions should be expected.

Logan, Hunter, and Aspyn- I don’t have any negative thoughts on them because as far as I know they haven’t routinely posted ridiculous things on social media and for the most part were as if not more emotionally responsible than the parents on the show.

Robyn’s kids- The only time I thought they were problematic was when the 2 older girls made fun of Janelle’s trailer.  Day’un seems like a smart young man and Solomon seems very sweet and honestly I like Little Mullet (I never remember her real name).  I feel like she keeps Robyn and Kody on their toes and it cracks me up.

Paedon- Much like Leon got the worst traits of both his parents.  I have no thoughts on the abuse claims as there’s evidence to support both lines of thinking. Although he says some very suspect things regarding women (not Meri) imo.

All other kids- I really don’t know enough about the rest of the kids so they fall under a neutral to positive view to me.

Personally, I think all these people need a therapist, preferably someone not named Nancy.

*just my 2 cents (that’s all it’s worth, ymmv)

eta: I agreed with Leon’s take on the catfish debacle and wouldn’t even fault Meri except for the fact that she tried to act like her ass wouldn’t have been gone if Sam were real.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, General Days said:

Unpopular opinions (if there is an unpopular opinion thread, please link me to it; I didn't find one):

1a. I think all of the Brown kids are fine, including Leon, because they're kids. (Sure Logan, Aspyn, and Leon are in their late 20s, but I'm in my mid-50s. Kids are kids. Leon was upset about the Vegas housing and sorrowful about Meri not having another kid. I am ignoring the housing issue. They were a kid. They hated moving. Then they didn't know if they'd have a real home to settle in, before they left for college.

Likewise, I'm ignoring the baby issue. Leon was raised in a cult that makes childbirth the proof of a woman's worth. Of course they wanted their mother to have more kids.

1b. I'm also ignoring Leon being so hard on their mom after the emotional affair/catfish. I'm ignoring that, because I think it was totally age and social-group appropriate for Leon to have a freak out about that. Real or not, nobody wants to learn that Mommy had the hots for another man.

1c. So anyhow, I feel bad when we're hard on the kids, here (even Mykelti and Paedon, who I think are a few sandwiches short of a picnic). They're young. And they're coming from such a weird background. It's normal that they're not normal. They weren't raised in a normal family. Even their dysfunctions make sense.

2. Another unpopular opinion (but not about the kids): I don't judge Meri for her affair, because I think her marriage to Kody was done with the legal divorce, even if she and Kody didn't recognize that it was over .

2a. I am especially convinced, since they hadn't been intimate for a few years before. It's pretty plain to me that this man stops having sex with "his women" once he knows they're no longer fertile. I'm more excited to see new seasons of Sister Wives, than I have been since the cul-de-sac home were finished. This is real, or has the potential to be real.

Ta da!

Re:2a. Maybe that's why Meri dithered about the IVF/ surrogacy issue. She said she would rather it happen naturally. 

• Useful 1

The age of reason is considered to be seven years old.  Children as young as 14 can be tried as adults in a court of law. 

Calling people in their 20's "kids" seems bizarre to me.  At that age they are fully capable of making rational decisions and understanding the consequences of those decisions.

In some states, there isn't even a minimum age for people to marry. And yet... we don't let people purchase or consume alcohol until they are 21. As a society, we really want the freedom to think of someone as a kid when it suits us and someone as an adult when it suits us.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
On 1/16/2023 at 10:18 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

It’s just that I’m amazed they have the ability to help.  

Someone asked Gwen on patreon if Kody just supported Robyns kids at college and she said he's generous with money to all of them as far as she knew. He gave her and Ysabel 8k each out of the blue when they started college and she said other times if she said she was low on funds he'd give her cash or pay her rent for the month.

• Useful 11
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Just my opinion of the “kids”. I am not that much older than the older kids and honestly most of the time I don’t judge them for their “kid” antics on the show except that damn Leon staring at the house scene.  Most of the rolling of my eyes come from their online shenanigans.  I’m sorry but at 15/16 or however old they were I was homeless, working a job,and going to school at that age so sitting in a brand new car staring at their McMansion when they had a rental McMansion a couple of miles a way that they were already living in was preposterous.  It was then and still is now to me.  

My main problem with Leon online was they were always screaming about social justice, which in itself is fine imo, but they rarely if ever said what they were doing to help provide more equitably for people. They scream what everyone else should do.  It could be they were doing things, but all they did was be rude to posters while eating avocado toast and most likely living off Meri’s scam mlm money.  Injustice is wrong unless we’re allegedly getting over on people to buy avocado toast or let our dogs fly for free, etc.  JUSTICE FOR ME NOT FOR THEE!

Dr. Mykelti OBGYN is apparently telling people that PPD is from mom’s not getting enough attention 🙄  I get these people might have been sheltered at some point but they have been living more than a decade out in the immodest world of schemes and scams.  She needs to put the leggings down and take 5 mins reading a pamphlet from an actual doctor’s office before she spouts off as an expert.

Maddie-*See Mykelti* except she’s actually in college majoring in Biology yet shills Plexus.  The irony on that one is laughable, but then again Janelle was running around as a health coach and Kody thinks he’s some sort of real estate tycoon, so I guess Maddie’s delusions should be expected.

Logan, Hunter, and Aspyn- I don’t have any negative thoughts on them because as far as I know they haven’t routinely posted ridiculous things on social media and for the most part were as if not more emotionally responsible than the parents on the show.

Robyn’s kids- The only time I thought they were problematic was when the 2 older girls made fun of Janelle’s trailer.  Day’un seems like a smart young man and Solomon seems very sweet and honestly I like Little Mullet (I never remember her real name).  I feel like she keeps Robyn and Kody on their toes and it cracks me up.

Paedon- Much like Leon got the worst traits of both his parents.  I have no thoughts on the abuse claims as there’s evidence to support both lines of thinking. Although he says some very suspect things regarding women (not Meri) imo.

All other kids- I really don’t know enough about the rest of the kids so they fall under a neutral to positive view to me.

Personally, I think all these people need a therapist, preferably someone not named Nancy.

*just my 2 cents (that’s all it’s worth, ymmv)

eta: I agreed with Leon’s take on the catfish debacle and wouldn’t even fault Meri except for the fact that she tried to act like her ass wouldn’t have been gone if Sam were real.

Unfortunately lol, Kody was right when Leon was rolling their eyes at dumb old Dad being worried about the economy tanking due to covid and he said they didn't realise how privileged they are. They seemed to think he was a capitalist douce prioritising money over lives when they should know as a wannabe social worker that the economy tanking leads to loss of life and hundreds of social problems. Leon didn't have to worry about that because they could give up their job and move states to hang out at the expense of their Mom. While millions of people were worrying about keeping a roof over their head and food on the table, Leon got to read books, bake bread and do yoga. I seem to remember they even posted something about how awesome it was that they had time to slow down, reflect and self-care. 

That's why I have a hard time with Leon. And that they were constantly pointing fingers and had a black and white you either agree with everything I say or you're some kind of right-wing facist attitude. With no nuance or grey areas. They or Audrey posted something once about how you're a transphobe if you don't support transwomen competing in women's sports. And I don't think that's true at all. 

One of Leon's IG posts I specifically remember was ranting about something saying "I'm talking to YOU white women" which as far as we knew at the time, Leon was, and so were all the women in their huge family. 

Giving all the Brown family some understanding, I blame social media for so much. There is so much crap information or skewed information out there available at the click of a button and if you don't know how to critically approach information or understand cognitive bias - you'll always find something to back up or inspire your views.

• Like 9
  • Applause 10
On 2/3/2023 at 1:54 AM, General Days said:

Ta da!

1b it was more than just the emotional affair — Meri lied to Leon about being a victim when Leon was witness to most of it. They heard intimate conversations. They had told their mother not to do it, that the person “Sam” was suspect and maybe a catfish.

Leon was especially angry because their mother changed the story and tried to spin it. For this, I was also totally on Leon’s side. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, hazefordays said:

Someone asked Gwen on patreon if Kody just supported Robyns kids at college and she said he's generous with money to all of them as far as she knew. He gave her and Ysabel 8k each out of the blue when they started college and she said other times if she said she was low on funds he'd give her cash or pay her rent for the month.

Yes, I read a couple of places Kody has helped many if not all the kids with rent, cars, and general cash to live on. Don’t know how much was Kody’s money versus ‘fambly” money, but I was pleasantly surprised the children (and surprisingly most if not all) ended up with some cash and it all wasn’t spent on $500 amethyst crystal gourds or twenty $50 Uncle Sam figurines.  

I also got a chuckle that one of the kids maybe Gwen came to her dad’s defense when somebody implied he was probably a bad tipper.  It actually doesn’t surprise me that some of the kids come to Kody’s defense.  I mean to me he’s just a reality guy with bad hair and bad acting skills, but I get he’s their dad and while he’s  generally an asshat he probably does some nice things for them and that probably leaves some of them with hope that he actually cares about them or at least isn’t a total ass.  

• Like 11
7 hours ago, hazefordays said:

Unfortunately lol, Kody was right when Leon was rolling their eyes at dumb old Dad being worried about the economy tanking due to covid and he said they didn't realise how privileged they are. They seemed to think he was a capitalist douce prioritising money over lives when they should know as a wannabe social worker that the economy tanking leads to loss of life and hundreds of social problems. Leon didn't have to worry about that because they could give up their job and move states to hang out at the expense of their Mom. While millions of people were worrying about keeping a roof over their head and food on the table, Leon got to read books, bake bread and do yoga. I seem to remember they even posted something about how awesome it was that they had time to slow down, reflect and self-care. 

That's why I have a hard time with Leon. And that they were constantly pointing fingers and had a black and white you either agree with everything I say or you're some kind of right-wing facist attitude. With no nuance or grey areas. They or Audrey posted something once about how you're a transphobe if you don't support transwomen competing in women's sports. And I don't think that's true at all. 

One of Leon's IG posts I specifically remember was ranting about something saying "I'm talking to YOU white women" which as far as we knew at the time, Leon was, and so were all the women in their huge family. 

Giving all the Brown family some understanding, I blame social media for so much. There is so much crap information or skewed information out there available at the click of a button and if you don't know how to critically approach information or understand cognitive bias - you'll always find something to back up or inspire your views.

You're a transphobe if you don't support trans women in women's sports. ???

Speaking only for myself, I don't care either way. So,if I don't actually oppose it, is that considered support? 

4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

1b it was more than just the emotional affair — Meri lied to Leon about being a victim when Leon was witness to most of it. They heard intimate conversations. They had told their mother not to do it, that the person “Sam” was suspect and maybe a catfish.

Leon was especially angry because their mother changed the story and tried to spin it. For this, I was also totally on Leon’s side. 

I hurt for Leon in those scenes. My mom coached me on the lies I was to tell my daddy, when she was cheating on him. What Meri did to Leon was execrable. 

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 5

I don't understand the catfish thing. How is Meri not a victim? She was completely fooled into believing she was communicating with guy who was interested in her. Even if she was warned the person may not be who they say they are, Meri was taken advantage of. 

Scammers wouldn't scam if there weren't folks to scam. From online stores, kidnapped kids, IRS, GoFundMe, bogus/inferior products, catfishing, the list goes on and on. Con artists and thieves are everywhere and the internet has made it much easier for them, even with all the warnings out there.

Yes, Meri was technically married and was pursuing an affair, but she was conned, which means she was a victim of a scam.

• Like 10