Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

Stellar reporting by the US Star:

"A loan he promises to pay back by 2052" aka a 30 year mortgage.  Hardly groundbreaking.

And then there's the free commerical for Janelle's MLM. 

Hard hitting journalism at its finest.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Cetacean said:

Stellar reporting by the US Star:

"A loan he promises to pay back by 2052" aka a 30 year mortgage.  Hardly groundbreaking.

And then there's the free commerical for Janelle's MLM. 

Hard hitting journalism at its finest.

They also wrote it as if what’s airing now is current. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Great start for him.  It seems to need some cosmetic improvements but he's had some experience rehabbing that camper trailer.  With 4 bedrooms and 2 baths, he may be able to take in a couple of roommates to defray his monthly costs.

• Love 15

From the little information we have, it seems that Garrison has done a great job. It’s quite a hefty sum to qualify for as a starter and it seems he’s done a great job saving up money. Good for him. He seems handy enough to make his own house improvements and thus add value to the property.

From the article it also seems he’s managed to work out a deal for the long-term (till 2052) which sounds an awful lot better and safer than dad’s interesting non-standard dodgy financing of the LV houses that required a balloon payment after a few years…

• Love 18
24 minutes ago, LilyD said:

From the article it also seems he’s managed to work out a deal for the long-term (till 2052) which sounds an awful lot better and safer than dad’s interesting non-standard dodgy financing of the LV houses that required a balloon payment after a few years…

A thirty year mortgage is pretty standard for first time home owners.  Good for him, he can always remortgage for a lower rate if appropriate or just pay it off more quickly as his income increases.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

From the little information we have, it seems that Garrison has done a great job. It’s quite a hefty sum to qualify for as a starter and it seems he’s done a great job saving up money. Good for him. He seems handy enough to make his own house improvements and thus add value to the property.

His brother-in-law Mitch is in construction, too.  Kootie can't stand his sons (excepting Day-un and Sol, of course) outshining him in any way.  He should be proud that his kids have a decent work ethic!

• Love 17

Has anyone else noticed that whenever we see Kody going somewhere with one of Robyn's kids, it's always Solomon and never Ariella? She never seems to be included in the outings. Why wouldn't he bring both kids to see the stupid Water Jug on Prairie pass, or to drop off trash at the dump? Or alternate the kids? It's possible that it's just an editing flaw, but I get the feeling that Kody doesn't interact much with Ariella. At 4 years old, she's old enough to go places. 

I remember several years ago Maddie saying that Kody always spent more time with the boys. I think it was during that episode where he actually took the girls out for a day. It's ironic that the girls now seem to make more excuses for him while the boys trash him.

• Useful 6
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

It's ironic that the girls now seem to make more excuses for him while the boys trash him.

One possible thought that comes to mind is this:

If you've been given at least some attention growing up, and then suddenly are thrown under the bus after a certain age, like he does to his sons, you're angry. Something's been taken away from you, and you don't understand it. 

If you've never gotten any attention or affection, nothing has changed and you just fight your whole life to be noticed. Maybe you even name your daughter after the dickhead.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

A thirty year mortgage is pretty standard for first time home owners.  Good for him, he can always remortgage for a lower rate if appropriate or just pay it off more quickly as his income increases.

True, 20 or 30 years is the standard and smart people check their mortgage and insurances after a certain period of time to see if a better deal is available. My reference of “a pretty good deal” was about Garisson’s ability to do a sensible and fairly normal good deal in stark comparison to his douche dad who only knows about stupid deals and loans😉

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Has anyone else noticed that whenever we see Kody going somewhere with one of Robyn's kids, it's always Solomon and never Ariella? She never seems to be included in the outings. Why wouldn't he bring both kids to see the stupid Water Jug on Prairie pass, or to drop off trash at the dump? Or alternate the kids? It's possible that it's just an editing flaw, but I get the feeling that Kody doesn't interact much with Ariella. At 4 years old, she's old enough to go places. 

I’m wondering if AreolaEbola sleeps all day like her mother since we’ve been told that she’s up all night running everyone ragged… maybe she’s like a vampire and crawls into her casket before daybreak 🧛‍♀️

• LOL 12
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

I’m wondering if AreolaEbola sleeps all day like her mother since we’ve been told that she’s up all night running everyone ragged… maybe she’s like a vampire and crawls into her casket before daybreak 🧛‍♀️

They need SuperNanny to visit for a few days.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

They need SuperNanny to visit for a few days.

Makes me contemplate what wonders SuperNanny could work with Kodouche. Either SuperNanny or Cesar Milan. Not sure which would be more effective. I'm guessing the Dog Whisperer. 

• LOL 19
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

Makes me contemplate what wonders SuperNanny could work with Kodouche. Either SuperNanny or Cesar Milan. Not sure which would be more effective. I'm guessing the Dog Whisperer. 

I just had the funniest picture in my head of Caesar Millan pursing his fingers and making that “tsht” sound at Kootie every time he opens his mouth 🤣🤣🤣🤣

image.jpeg.e8a86289083ae58be621929d29c8bfe3.jpeg

If Kootie could keep his mouth shut and his ears open, he might learn some leadership skills from Caesar!

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • LOL 17
On 11/15/2021 at 3:49 PM, Absolom said:

For whatever her reason, I don't think Robyn is interested or capable of growing adults.  Perhaps it's both she doesn't know how and she has no interest in learning how to teach her kids how to grow up and succeed on their own.  Maybe having them all dependent on her fulfills an emotional need for Robyn.  Whatever it is, it's a disservice to her kids.

She's a terrible smothering mother. That's so much worse than benign neglect parenting that I had.

On 1/6/2022 at 5:52 AM, Elodia said:

Did you know Gwendlyn is autistic? Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just comes as a surprise.

Screenshot_20220106_114435_edit_5027980386211.jpg

She's annoying

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

She probably still sleeps in Robyn's bed with her until noon. Then nanny takes over, Robyn & Kootie drive 45 minutes to the Sedona mall for a meal and shopping at Victoria's Secret with a stop at an afternoon delight motel on the drive home. For another interrupted night with the kids.

• LOL 15
On 1/7/2022 at 3:00 PM, Sasha888 said:

One possible thought that comes to mind is this:

If you've been given at least some attention growing up, and then suddenly are thrown under the bus after a certain age, like he does to his sons, you're angry. Something's been taken away from you, and you don't understand it. 

If you've never gotten any attention or affection, nothing has changed and you just fight your whole life to be noticed. Maybe you even name your daughter after the dickhead.

Notably, too, all of the oldest children married or will marry the first people they were attracted to.   

Well, Mykelti exchanged hormones with that kid in high school. . . 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Notably, too, all of the oldest children married or will marry the first people they were attracted to.   

Yes agree. One possible explanation may be their spouses' background? Caleb is the brother of Kody's sister-in-law. So, I take it he is no stranger to (their) religion. Mitch expressed the fact that he was open to a possible polygamous life so is from their church and within their religion they marry young. Tony seemed to be a member of the LDS at the time and they marry young as well. So as far as upbringing and religion, it makes sense for both husbands and wives to marry at a young age.

Having said that, I also suspect some subtle pressure; bringing someone home and introducing that person as your boy- or girlfriend means so much more in a lot of religious circles. That's a forebode of marriage, so I can see how they're carefully nudged towards the altar as well. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

and Garrison had a different girlfriend in LV.  Not sure about Gabe ... did his GF from LV follow him to Flagstaff or did he find a new one?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 12/31/2021 at 8:36 PM, Liddy52 said:

Thank you! I have never seen that movie even though I know it is considered a classic by many. I still don't know what it means but it will make sense to most since it is from a well known movie. 

HOW have you missed it all these years?  It's on ALL THE TIME!

• LOL 2
On 1/14/2022 at 10:04 AM, winsomeone said:

We occasionally hear about most of the Brown kids, but I don't remember hearing anything about Paedon lately? Where he works and lives? What sort of job he has? He is such a large or rather, tall young man. Two of his sisters are tall too. Wonder where that fits into his mother's family tree?

He is/was in the National Guard and currently I believe he works in construction in Utah based on his TT videos.

• Useful 3
41 minutes ago, taragel said:

Random question but ... where is Gwendolyn? Is she away/living at school? It occurs to me that of all the 19 children I think she might be the one we see the least? 

I believe she is still in Flagstaff going to NAU.  She has talked about getting hit by a skateboarder and a biker while on campus, so definitely at school.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I believe she is still in Flagstaff going to NAU.  She has talked about getting hit by a skateboarder and a biker while on campus, so definitely at school.

I thought someone else said she was in California with her girlfriend?  Maybe that was for the winter break.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It is handy that his son matches the furniture the shed fur will blend in.  And Catthew is getting a much more caring father than Garrison ever had.  Perhaps he should adopt a second cat that is older and call him "my father".

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

Loved the photos.  

And loved that Hunter shared photos with Janelle and her kiddos in AZ, Christine and her kids, Maddie's family, Logan and his own girlfriend.  He calls it a holiday photo dump.

Most interesting--nothing of Kody or Robyn's brood and Meri/Mariah are also not included.  I guess they weren't part of the 2021 Holiday celebrations.

Clearly, the family has fragmented.  I wonder how hard Janelle's kids are asking her to follow Christine's lead and leave Kody.

One more point--the one of Aspyn, Mitch and Truely-- Aspyn and Mitch are flipping him off while Truely points to her Aspyn.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Clearly, the family has fragmented.  I wonder how hard Janelle's kids are asking her to follow Christine's lead and leave Kody.

Unless this last season is all a big act and everyone is in on it, I can’t understand for the life of me how those children (old and young) could have even a shred of respect for Kootie after watching his talking heads.  They have to want better for their mothers, even if their moms are too thick or lacking in self esteem to want better for themselves.  Unless he was designated as the sacrificial lamb and to act like the most horrible person on earth to up the ratings and save the show (and their income) I can’t see how any of the original three and their spawn could stick around.  Personally, I don’t think Kootie is that good of an actor.  Janelle’s kids have got to loathe Kootie, Christine has already said that her kids don’t respect him because he has favorites, and Mariah isn’t getting any money from him if Sobyn has anything to say about it.  It’s a wonder anyone sticks around, but here we are.

• Love 20

I surely believe the family has fallen apart into two separate camps: Janelle's and Christine's family on one side and Robyn, Kody and Meri on the other.If you rewatch the episodes, you can tell this was the case as of the first episode but it didn't become so painfully obvious until after the Flagstaff move. The Pandemic sealed the fate of this family.

Christine and Janelle's kids have always been a united bunch with Mariah fitting in for a while but becoming the odd one out more and more. Robyn's kids received a lukewarm reception at best but were openly rejected by some (we don't need any more kids) The same was said when Robyn's pregnancy was announced. 

Meri never got along with Janelle (Nancy-therapy sessions!) And Janelle and Christine were fine. Christine wasn't happy with Robyn at all and it took her a long time to accept Robyn as a sisterwife. So the division between Robyn, Kody and Meri on one side and Janelle and Christine on the other is actually a normal progression of what was going on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12