Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: The Snowdens Say "We Do!"

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Please do not post real time information in the episode threads.  We accept the show as it is shown in these threads.  Leave the juicy gossip, social media references, etc. to the family threads.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

Do I dare ask what the bowl he is carrying for?

Never mind, the sacred foot washing. 😏

And what about the sacred ankle bracelet I thought he was supposed to move it over to the other ankle......that was a huge misstep lol 😝 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Oh, barf.  Everything about this screams fake.   So we have his Cuban Indian culture plus some kind of Indian (Hindu) eclectic semi-traditional ceremony?  So does Vanessa change her name to Snowden?  Is Ashley's last name Snowden?   So many questions.

I think I have Vanessa's fam straight now.  Sister Jennifer is oldest by 16 years, then Vanessa and her twin whose name I have already  forgotten, then Amy.  Mother is JoJo, and I think father is deceased.

Not sure it was a great idea for 2 of the 3 mothers to stay with them.  Not sure where Ashley's mom stayed.

Worst wedding dresses ever.  The one Vanessa wore looked like it escaped from the lingerie department at Macy's.  At least she is dressed for the wedding night.

Foot washing?  These idiots are making it up as they go along. 

I need to go to bed as it is midnight.

Ashe!! over and out until next week which looks more interesting than tonight. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

So wait Dimitri's mom never met Ashley so does that mean she has never met her grandchildren?

I replied to this and then when I hit send the board was down. 😌Anyway, his mom met Ashley once. After hearing Ashley talk after the wedding, I think she is happy to keep him from his relatives. Vanessa is walking into a mine field with those two.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Mothra said:

And what does "Ah-sigh" mean? 

It was spelled "ashe" on the closed cap.   This is what I found on the quickest google search ever--Ase or ashe (from Yoruba às̩e̩) is a West African philosophical concept through which the Yoruba of Nigeria conceive the power to make things happen and produce change.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SuzieQ said:

OMG!! He looks totally different!

ETA:  Bet he's still really sweaty though BLEKKKK!

He must be really hot for some sweet young sister wife now!

• LOL 5
5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

It was spelled "ashe" on the closed cap.   This is what I found on the quickest google search ever--Ase or ashe (from Yoruba às̩e̩) is a West African philosophical concept through which the Yoruba of Nigeria conceive the power to make things happen and produce change.

Oh right it must be from their culture 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Those three are doing their damndest to sell this.That was some serious reality show fabulousness. Or maybe I've still got my wedding buzz on. :D  Either way, next week looks even more awesome. Bernie's dye job, OMG.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, endure said:

Oh right it must be from their culture 🙄

Just like how getting a $60 shave two days before your wedding from a hipster wielding a Norelco electric razor is part of their culture. 

No but seriously, can someone explain that? Dimitri literally got his upper lip dabbed at by a dude using the same electric razor my dad used in the 80's and drank a beer to upset his pH balance. I don't get it. Was it the male version of a vagoo steam treatment? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I think I have Vanessa's fam straight now.  Sister Jennifer is oldest by 16 years, then Vanessa and her twin whose name I have already  forgotten, then Amy.  Mother is JoJo, and I think father is deceased.

I thought Diane Keaton was Vanessa's mother?!

54 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Did they at least change the water in the ceremonial foot bath bowl or do Vanessa and Ashley share their funky foot water, too?

Was wondering the same thing.

And those were ridiculous wedding dresses. Something they'll look back on in the future and cringe. I was surprised at Dimtri putting rings on his wives, I thought he'd be switching the ankle bracelets from right to left, or whichever way they said earlier.

Will there be a honeymoon for these three?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Naz is an acoustic sound healer.  Yep, that sounds like the right person to officiate this ridiculousness.  

ETA: Um, Mrs. and Mr. and Mrs. Snowden you are "officially" nothing.  There was no "power vested in" your sound healer to marry the three of you in the state of California.  Just clearing that up for you.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 16

I think the entire thing, the marriage ceremony, would be uncomfortable;  mostly because it is being filmed for tv and there are camera's everywhere. I am sure the director's and producer's of the show knew it would be chaotic and that is why so many people were invited, people that they hadn't seen in  years or knew well.  If I were producing that show I sure would get as many chances for drama in the mix and they did.  We saw that when Dimitri's sister was upset at camera's in her face when she was trying to talk to her brother for just a second in private.    That being said, I am not sure why the Snowden's agreed to do this for and on TV.  Money?  Probably part of it, but I still think the three of them are really good together.  Not being a woman who gets jealous and also loves her female friends in terms of "sisterhood", I can see the lure of a plural marriage, although I wouldn't have the energy to do what these folks are attempting.  I appreciate that they did agree to go public with their private lives as I enjoy watching them and I do think they are sincere in their journey of going through life together, building a strong "tribe" or "empire" and loving each other. Regardless of what people think and say  about them, they are elevated thinkers, so we shall see  how the reality of a plural partner life actually plays out.  I think if any group can pull it of it just might be them.  Maybe we can learn something from them, or what we are allowed to see.  Their ceremony was for "them" and how they choose to complete their vows are their personal decisions, I don't pretend to understand it but I think it seemed as though they were sincere in their commitment and I like when Ashley said they did not marry 9 years ago to avoid any type of hierarchy.  They (Ashley and Dimitri)  decided to do this  years ago so more power to them, I sure like their choice in Vanessa, she is beautiful inside and out.  I don't think Dimitri really wants to sleep around, at least that is not why he married two women, seems like Ashley would have allowed that if it was really important to him anyway.  I don't see Vanessa being so lenient however.  These are really sensitive cool people.  Now, can't say that for the McGees, Paige and Bernie that is, I think they are the McGees.  Next week Brandy will throw ole Bernie a fast ball, Paige will act accordingly  it seems and Jennifer will come through as the lying, cheap, tramp she is.  I only saw her about to go off, OMG, SHE'S ALIVE, SHE'S ALIVE, because someone was "judging" her.  Can't stand the heat my girl?  Should have stayed home to sling those drinks and play your stupid games with bar room drunks.  There is nothing  you can do to redeem yourself or justify your futile attempt at trying to grab 15 pathetic minutes of fame.  Looks like you will just keep digging your self a deeper hole with more bad behavior.  omg, next week will be really raunchy I am suuuuurrrrre.  I hope the Aldridge husband has learned a lesson or at least that she "Jennifer" was obviously an inappropriate choice as a possible sister wife and that he was allowing his baser needs to determine the fate of his family, even "courting" her was as obnoxious as it gets.  Are you kidding?  PLEAAASSZE!!!  Not a very good plural husband who is supposed to lead the family.  This is exactly what gives the "plural" lifestyle a bad rap, it ISN'T supposed to be about SEX.  it is supposed to be about loving each other and helping each other through life, not for everyone.  If Jennifer had made it into that family, I would have been scared for the children.  I wouldn't let that woman around my cats and dogs, let alone my precious children.  What was he thinking and what were the wives thinking.  I hope they stand up to more of his bad decisions and say NO NOT HER.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

So the Snowden's are surprised that friends and relatives have some concerns and questions about the whole poly thing.  They do realize that if you took any random cross section of American society the vast majority of people would have similar concerns and questions?  The Snowden's do realize that plural marriage is a) extremely rare in the US, and b) considered outside the norm.  Its like if I ran for congress as a Libertarian or Green Party candidate, invited a bunch of friends and relatives and was shocked that the vast majority of them weren't going to vote for me, but instead would support a Dem or Rep candidate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Vanessa says she will officially become a Snowden, but this isn't actually a real (legal) marriage ceremony is it?

I'm confused about this. Why did Vanessa keep saying that? Why would Ashley be ok with Vanessa being the legal wife while she is not? Or maybe Vanessa is just being delusional. She is beautiful and sweet but not very smart...

• Love 2

Of course Ashley had to throw her "vow renewal" in the mix. Just couldn't let Vanessa get too much shine! Further evidenced in the ginormous fabric fruit bowl Ashley desined for her headpiece.

I find it so odd that Lestra doesn't know Ashley and never met the kids.

Dmitri is coming off as a total groomzilla.

How many people are they going to have staying at the house and where are they putting them? 

I guess I'll find  out the answers to these questions (and more)once I finish the episode LOL I actually fell asleep on it last night

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm confused about this. Why did Vanessa keep saying that? Why would Ashley be ok with Vanessa being the legal wife while she is not? Or maybe Vanessa is just being delusional. She is beautiful and sweet but not very smart...

Fairly new watcher to this (so I really haven't followed the other families) but I wonder if becoming a Snowden is

1) in the figurative sense? as in we all believe we are members of the same household? and or

2) I think you can legally change your name to just about anything you desire  so maybe although not as a spouse, but just changing last name. This could apply to Ashley as well if she so desired.

I have always heard that as long as the procedure is followed properly  then as long as you are not doing this to defraud anyone you can be Minnie Mouse if you so desire.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Twopper said:

Vanessa and her twin (Adrienne?) are biracial, and the older and younger sisters look like they're white, so I'm thinking there may be three fathers at play here?  Of course, Vanessa and Adrienne's father could still be deceased. 

1. I kind of like Dimitri's sister.  I felt bad for her that she didn't get to spend time with Dimitri, I can't imagine not seeing my brother for so long and then not being able to spend any quality time with him.  

2. Ashley's dress looked like a really nice bathing suit with a fancy cover. 

3. It pains me to admit it, but I felt bad for Ashley when they kept showing her reaction to Dimitri taking vows with Vanessa.  It was clearly difficult for her.  Even if this is what she wants, some jealousy must be expected, I think. 

4. What is up with Dimitri's mom only meeting Ashley and the kids once?  Has he not been in contact with his family?  I wonder if they got back in contact because of the show.  

5. I have a low-key crush on Dimitri's best friend.  He was handsome.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

So wait Dimitri's mom never met Ashley so does that mean she has never met her grandchildren? Shady

Well, maybe not THESE grandchildren.  I wouldn't be surprised if Dimitri has been planting his seeds in many gardens.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I'm confused...I thought Ashley and Lord SNOWDEN were not married....but I doubt Ashley would allow Vanessa to become the legal wife.

I can’t remember if it was on last season or elsewhere, but Dimitri and Ashley said they aren’t legally married and no future wives will be legally married.  Ashley  changed her last name to Snowden.  They expect all future wives to also change their name to Snowden.  It is very easy to do a name change.  This is why I refer to Ashley as a baby mama instead of Dimitri’s wife ... because that is the truth of her status and what she is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, steff13 said:

1. I kind of like Dimitri's sister.  I felt bad for her that she didn't get to spend time with Dimitri, I can't imagine not seeing my brother for so long and then not being able to spend any quality time with him.  

I think TLC wanted this to be the size of a Kody Brown party so they told them to invite everyone they knew, whether they had been in touch or not and probably paid their way to get there.  Then either due to TLC orders or just Dimitri's arrogange, he treated the estranged family as props.  If the sister was really trying to reconnect with Dimitri, I do feel sorry for her.  Dimitri used her and thought only of Dimitri.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Naz is an acoustic sound healer.  Yep, that sounds like the right person to officiate this ridiculousness. 

The "acoustic sound healer" finished me. I'm a relic from the 60's/70's, when you'd meet people who were ceremonial magicians or psychic healers or did astral projection; regular people who worked in banks or restaurants or insurance companies. I knew a well known witch who was a legal secretary, and her boss was a respected attorney, and a wizard. Woo was thick on the ground. Everyone read tarot or did astrological charts (I did both), or practiced practical magic or read auras. Never, ever have I seen as much ridiculous woo as I saw last night. Between the acoustic sound healer and the Sharpie bindis and the sacred foot washing, I was dying. DYING.

And what is this with inviting people to a party and not being on hand to greet your guests, but letting them all congregate and stand around awkwardly, then sweep in (to applause!) like you are some kind of goddamn movie star? Is that a thing?

We are being played. Ashley, Vanessa and Dimitri are angling for a show and are putting us all on. I refuse to believe this is real. How do they live? Does anyone work? I question everything.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, steff13 said:

Vanessa and her twin (Adrienne?) are biracial, and the older and younger sisters look like they're white, so I'm thinking there may be three fathers at play here?  Of course, Vanessa and Adrienne's father could still be deceased. 

That's what I figured, but I thought in one of the episodes that Vanessa implied that her father had died.  Dimitri excused his dad's absence  because his father hates crowds.  (probably true, but he probably also is averse to tv cameras) and Ashley's dad was there.

5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The "acoustic sound healer" finished me. I'm a relic from the 60's/70's, when you'd meet people who were ceremonial magicians or psychic healers or did astral projection; regular people who worked in banks or restaurants or insurance companies.

Yeah, me too.   I knew some of these people as well.  Hung around some of the less weird of them.

7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

We are being played. Ashley, Vanessa and Dimitri are angling for a show and are putting us all on. I refuse to believe this is real. How do they live? Does anyone work? I question everything.

They are not interesting enough for a show.   I disliked the "vow renewal" because it put Ashley back in the spotlight.  I cannot believe Dimitri couldn't spare 30 minutes to spend with his sister.  Everyone --at least on camera--seems to have come around and are supportive, but I think it would take a really strong person to raise serious objections to this with TLC following them around trying to get some drama going.  This is all so fake.  When Jojo talked about how open she was to this, all I could think of was the old saying about "if your mind is too open, your brains fall out."  Not sure of the exact saying.

I got really lost in the discussion about a dance studio.  Was this a hypothetical question?  I had no idea Ashley was teaching dance.  And empire building?  And Jennifer (Vanessa's sister, not the risen from the dead Jennifer) must not have seen Robyn Brown on Sister Wives or she would never think the last wife is at the bottom of the totem pole or pyramid scheme. 

Not sure if we are supposed to talk about the promo for next week, but I have to remark on how much worse Bernie looks.  I guess the hair color is okay, but the beard is too much too dark to match the rest of him.  I had no idea he could look more repulsive than before. 🤢

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Twopper said:

Ashe.

"the quickest google search ever?"  Aw, don't shame a sister!

But thank you.  I am sure the Snowdens (as they fraudulently style themselves) made sure the participants in their fraudulent "wedding/s" understood this.  If a person checks out Dmitri's website, where he explains what he does for a living, "ashe" pretty much sums it up.

And yet another cultural pick-and-choose.  My, these folks are cosmopolitan.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And what is this with inviting people to a party and not being on hand to greet your guests, but letting them all congregate and stand around awkwardly, then sweep in (to applause!) like you are some kind of goddamn movie star? Is that a thing?

It was a reception. They've done that at every reception I've ever attended,  including my own!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

It was a reception. They've done that at every reception I've ever attended,  including my own!

I think she might have meant the "Goddess Party."  

• Love 4

Well, all Kody's wives go by Brown so I  guess the Snowdens are doing  the same. Same with the Alldredges.

They broke the fourth wall during the skirmish with Ashley yelling Don't do this  on camera.  And the sister yelling, Well put  me  on a plane and send me home.  Surely the sister knew they were filming.  I think maybe she didn't know that it would be quite so pervasive.  Sometimes on the Housewives (dont judge) they are still mic'd in the restroom and the audio is played on the show.

• Love 1

So at the “goddess party” they said their timeline for kids is six months- wonder if Vanessa is pregnant yet? If there is a next season we will probably  get to watch Ashley deal with jealousy when Vanessa and Dimitri produce spawn. 

14 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

No to both of those dresses

I'm in the minority but liked Vanessa's and loved Ashley's. Ashley's could have fit better tho. Come on, NO ONE liked Ashley's gown/pantsuit?

13 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Ashley and Dmitri seem so smug, I just get a bad feeling about them.

This was my first time watching ever. And none of them looked happy at all imo.

13 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

That dance was painful to watch!

Yes, and Dimitri was all over Vanessa. He was barely even aware of Ashley.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Twopper said:

No, Vanessa's father was at the ceremony. The older bald  man named Jose. Who asked specifically about "how sex works."

14 hours ago, GussieK said:

Dimitri’s mom is like Kandi’s overbearing mom on Atlanta Housewives. 

That's actually Ashleys mom you're thinking of. 

Dimitris mom is the oldest mom, with the white hair. 

• Love 1

As the oldest sister, Jennifer has every right to “look out for” her younger siblings.  However, this was not a R. Kelly type situation; Dimitri and Ashley didn’t kidnap Vanessa.  She is a 34-year-old woman who willing took herself to the Snowdens.   So, instead of asking Ashley what is in it for Vanessa, I think she should have asked her sister what is in it for her.

I felt sorry for Dimitri’s sister.  Getting invited to “his wedding” was probably a big deal.  She clearly wanted to reconnect with her brother.  I believe she got upset when she realized that they were only being used as glorified extras.  Hence her outburst about the cameras constantly being around. 

I can’t wait for smug Ashley to get her comeuppance. Dimitri has her well duped by making her believe that she is in charge. They’d been together for nine years; had three children and he didn’t think to introduce her to his family.  But he couldn’t wait to introduce Vanessa.  

Is it my imagination or were there a lot of empty chairs at the ceremony and reception?

• Love 5

At weddings it often is tough to make significant time for people you haven't seen for awhile, family or friends, but in the days before the wedding Dmitry should have made the time to reconnect with his sister.

I actually liked Dmitry's friend, who struck me as kind of a regular guy who somehow is part of the Snowden's weird orbit

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Dmitri is shady as fuck, sounds like he never sees his family but he expects them to kiss his behind at his wedding.

A LOT of people are thinking that TLC just wanted the three mothers there for drama.  Dimitri left home at a young age and Lestra has only seen her grandkids ONCE and that was just a short time ago.  Other than that, he hasn't seen her for 9 years.  It was crystal clear that Lestra did NOT want to be there, she didn't think squat about Ashley and Vanessa OR Dimitri it seems.... and if she wasn't getting paid by TLC and flown there for free - she would not be there.

It's also been mentioned that Ashley was in Dimtri's life quite awhile before he divorced his legally married first wife. (Although he doesn't believe in legal marriage anymore.) Maybe Lestra didn't like Ashley being involved with a married man, and that's why she doesn't like Ashley.  It's all speculation - who knows?

13 hours ago, Irish Springs said:

So Vanessas sister Jen is 16 years older than Vanessa.............that would make her 50 , right???

Yes!  She doesn't look 50.  Paige McGee is 41 and looks a lot older!

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

No, Vanessa's father was at the ceremony. The older bald  man named Jose. Who asked specifically about "how sex works."

That wasn’t Vanessa’s father. On the couch she told either Ashley or Dimitri “Your dad asked me how the sex works!”

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

Surely the sister knew they were filming.  I think maybe she didn't know that it would be quite so pervasive.  Sometimes on the Housewives (dont judge) they are still mic'd in the restroom and the audio is played on the show.

:::::Grunt::::::  ughhhhhhh  ::::plop::::::::

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, Finchers said:

That wasn’t Vanessa’s father. On the couch she told either Ashley or Dimitri “Your dad asked me how the sex works!”

I could be wrong about how sex works. But there was an older Black bald man on the show. And he was labeled "Jose - Vanessa's father."

(edited)

Ashley makes a comment after the arrival of Dimitri's Mum, "are all the Mum's going to come in with their guns blazing like this?"  I didn't find Dimitri's mother out of line at all. It's OK for them (The Snowden Empire) to have these bizarre opinions and beliefs? but if anyone else has any opinion it's wrong?  Even the way she went on about being attacked by Vanessa's real sister was so blown out of proportion.  For someone being so out there she herself shows no tolerance for others opinions.

Edited by endure
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, rob in cal said:

I actually liked Dmitry's friend, who struck me as kind of a regular guy who somehow is part of the Snowden's weird orbit

And so handsome.  🙂  

• Love 2

Finishing the episode, got some bullet points

▪Ashley struts in donning an oriental robe (gotta throw in some Asian persuasion into the melting pot o tradition) like the party is ONLY in her honor

▪Ashley made sure she got her henna first. 

▪Ashley used air quotes when talking about Dmitri and Vanessa's "wedding"

▪A pyramid scheme!! 

▪Vanessa says they talked about having a baby in the next *gasp* 6 months! Oh, honey. They certainly put you on the fast track. You will NOT be the hot younger more desirable wife for long.

▪Ashley thinks her mom "put everyone in their place" by making a positive comment. Welllll maybe since you're the one getting a nanny and housekeeper second wife she feels more comfortable feigning acceptance.

▪Talking about "the sex thing" with Dmitri's dad AND in front of one of the kids? Tew much. 

▪Vanessa's sister wants to know if she's getting whacked when Ashley calls her in the hallway. I admit I delighted in the sight of Ashley being made uncomfortable and upset. 

▪Ashley looked like she was meditating her way through Vanessa's part of the ceremony

▪Dmitri's sister looks like a mini female version of him. Even the mannerisms.  

▪Kept waiting to see at what point in the evening the shoes would go back on. Never happened.

▪ Yasss Suchin Pak is hosting the tell all!!

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

It was crystal clear that Lestra did NOT want to be there, she didn't think squat about Ashley and Vanessa OR Dimitri it seems.... and if she wasn't getting paid by TLC and flown there for free - she would not be there.

hahahaha Lestra was wearing a gray sweater, black jeans and sneakers to the ceremony! LOLOLOLOLOL

Just some other thoughts:

• Did Dimitri kiss Ashley's feet/foot during the washing ceremony? Coz he kissed Vanessa's! He's treating Ashley like chopped liver all over the place.
  • Dimitri said his dad wasn't coming - hates crowds (i.e, embarassed). That was Vanessa's father. But all of this was a homage to Dimitri's father's culture? And the father doesn't show up? How involved could Dimitri really have been in his father's culture tho? Wasn't he raised in American by Lestra who is NOT Taino?
  • If we are to believe Dimitri's sister's meltdown was due to the the reason Dimitri gave (she wanted one-on-one time w/ him) then that is really the most selfish, childish BS I've seen in a long time. F her for that! But I don't believe that was it. I think, in a rare moment of clarity, she saw the threesome ugliness for what it was and reacted genuinely. 
  • So weird when Vanessa said she and Dimitri would start trying for a baby in 6 months....but uhhh would check back in w/ 'everyone' periodically to make sure that still worked for 'everyone.'
  • This is my first episode. Can anyone tell me what Ashley and Vanessa's collee degrees are in?
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:
16 hours ago, Melig8r said:

Dmitri is claiming a culture - as opposed to what they are just making up.

Exactly. A raggedy, pretentious wannabe Afro-Caribbean/Taino, Yoruba, Hindi-Bindi, Jesus of Nazareth bag of bullshit 

I fucking love you! Seriously, these asshats and their "it's OUR culture" bullshit. What 'culture' exactly would that be Dmitri? The Cult of the Multiple Fuckbuddies? They're all so full of shit I can smell it through my TV.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8