Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Moving Meltdowns

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, kicotan said:

Limited comments outside of their scripted show and actually verifiable information is scant, if even available.

What scant, verifiable information are you referring to?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/31/2019 at 8:57 PM, LotusFlower said:

I know we know stuff that’s happening in real time, but the rentals were always going to be temporary while they built on the land.  Do we know for sure if they’ve decided for or against one big house vs. four individual ones?

According to a radar online report I read they split the land into 4 parts. They aren't equal either. Robyn and Jenelle each got 2.5 acres. Meri got almost 5 and Kristine got almost 6 .  So it sounds to me like they are going to build separate houses on the land. The wives must not have agreed to the big house.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Anlogle said:

According to a radar online report I read they split the land into 4 parts. They aren't equal either. Robyn and Jenelle each got 2.5 acres. Meri got almost 5 and Kristine got almost 6 .  So it sounds to me like they are going to build separate houses on the land. The wives must not have agreed to the big house.

They bought the land before Kody came up with his hare-brained idea of the mass housing project.  He's maybe thinking if they utilize just one lot, they could sell off the other 3 to help finance the pipe dream.  It's all academic anyhow because even if he did convince his flock of sheep to live under one roof, there is NO way they could get past the zoning changes, building restrictions and approval by other residents that his plan would require

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What scant, verifiable information are you referring to?

The unscripted versions of any of the fambly members feelings about any of it since day 1.

The unscripted version of Meri’s purchase of her BnB.

The unscripted version of their motivation and intention considering occupation in various rental properties/mortgages in Las Vegas, NV and currently Flagstaff, AZ.

The unscripted version of their motivations for and feelings about moving from Utah to Las Vegas and then to Flagstaff, AZ.

The unscripted version of their lives, outside of having to buy licenses for businesses like My Sister Wives Closet or public records like a registered marriage, divorce or real estate transaction.

The unscripted version of ANY of their motivations or intentions over the entire series of episodes regarding any aspect of any of their lives.

Public records is basically the scant, verifiable information I am referring to.

Everything else is speculation...unless you know them personally.

Edited by kicotan
Clarity
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, suomi said:

Nice touch! The Motown-adjacent smooth and mighty O'Jays. 

(They smile in your face)
All the time they wanna take your place
The back stabbers (back stabbers)

My favorite O'Jays song is Love Train. Anyone who watched Soul Train knows Love Train. 

My little brother's BFF Mike had a fantastic 'fro. He came to my daughter's first birthday party and she liked him right away and keep staring at his hair. We were hippies and she was a little bit unsure around her grandpas because they had short hair but Mike was immediately OK in her book. I saw the little wheels turning in her head: I know this guy - Mommy watches him every Saturday when she turns up the TV real loud and pretends she can dance. That was the first time I saw her "get" something that wasn't related to herself. That was in '72 and he executed my brother's will when he died a few months ago. They were each other's executors and now Mike has to find someone else. 😞

You and I must be soul sisters.  I grew up on Motown and the Philadelphia Sound.  I listen to the oldies when I do my walks.  I have Love Train on my iPod, too.  Remember Billy Paul?  "Me andddd Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Jones?  Those were the days!

1972 was a banner year for me.  Graduated HS, got married, and here I am, watching shows about religions and beliefs that luckily, I wasn't born into.  

Sorry for the loss of your brother.  My only sister died over 10 years ago, and I still miss her.

BTT, Robyn and Kootie will fill the fallout from this move, one way or another.  Dear Gwen, please don't think you have to keep sweet, just because your mother caved.  Gabe doesn't care about keeping sweet, being a male, and Janelle should be ashamed of herself.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Agreed. Although neither is a second honeymoon, but Robyn made sure she got one - in Hawaii.  🙄

Wait. Robyn and Kody went on 2 different honeymoons (San Diego and Hawaii)?  What the what??  How does that get justified?  Gah, I really need to start this show from scratch.  I just catch older shows when they happen to be on.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Wait. Robyn and Kody went on 2 different honeymoons (San Diego and Hawaii)?  What the what??  How does that get justified?  Gah, I really need to start this show from scratch.  I just catch older shows when they happen to be on.

Robyn justified the trip to Hawaii by calling it a holiday and that she scrounged the money from her grocery allowance.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri must have kicked herself a thousand times, if it was in fact she who encouraged Kootie to pursue ol' witch face.  Then, Meri tries to be Robyn's BFF.  Things didn't turn out the way Meri thought they would.

Puts me in mind of a favorite song of mine, the OJays' "Backstabbers."  

Robyn's iron grip on Kootie's balls dictates which way the wind blows.  Bitch wants to move to helicopter parent Day-Un, so they all moved.  FUBAR fambly.

Omg that is probably my favorite song of All Time! (plus all of Coldplay lol). "Smiling in your face, all the time they wanna take your place"

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Robyn justified the trip to Hawaii by calling it a holiday and that she scrounged the money from her grocery allowance.

That must be a mighty big grocery budget.  Round trip tickets and a nice resort, not the multi-unit that everyone stayed in a few years ago.  Plus If I remember correctly, Garrison was doing a ROTC training in Hawaii at the time, so I guess they went also.  Should have been Janelle as it was her child.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, kimaken said:

Indeed--but it might guarantee another season or two of the show. I doubt they could get the one big house approved for building, but if they did, one solution would be for Meri to kindly offer to set up her business in a location downtown and move either in an apartment above it or somewhere nearby. Then Janelle could get the 1500 sf home, and, depending on (1) if new wife already has kids and (2) how enamored Kody is with new squeeze, move Christine down to Janelle's 2500 sf and install new wife in Christine's 3000 sf space. 

I hope this happens--the sparks will fly and we'll all be parked in front of our tvs with bowls of popcorn to enjoy the fireworks.

I will buy one of those 2 pound bag of popcorn kernels does anyone have one of those movie theater popcorn machines?  Some one else can spring for the butter and cokes.

Have said before, to keep the show going much longer, he is going to have to take on another wife.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I will buy one of those 2 pound bag of popcorn kernels does anyone have one of those movie theater popcorn machines?  Some one else can spring for the butter and cokes.

Have said before, to keep the show going much longer, he is going to have to take on another wife.

Can I come?  I'll bring rum!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Can I come?  I'll bring rum!

Sure, come on.  I'm drinking my 99 Proof Cinnamon right now.  That is why I have been so chatty tonight.  The liquor store the next town over has those little display towers near the checkout and they are full of those shot size liquors.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

And I think he would take another wife for a couple more seasons!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Omg that is probably my favorite song of All Time! (plus all of Coldplay lol). "Smiling in your face, all the time they wanna take your place"

I also love "Smiling Faces" by the Undisputed Truth.  Oldies from the 60's and 70's, and the One-Hit Wonders are the best IMO.

So Christine's house sold, finally.  I wonder how much cash they've bled since moving?  Many thousands. That's what they get, putting the cart before the horse.  Dumb and dumber.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, deirdra said:

Kody courting wife #5 would also put the kybosh on the draftperson's house plans.  Kody would have to formally ditch one of the wives or get new plans for 5 houses + "my" space for Kody.

The new wife can go smack-bang right in the middle of the Brown Castle. All the wives will have meltdowns having to pass her space on the way to their quarters. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I also love "Smiling Faces" by the Undisputed Truth.  Oldies from the 60's and 70's, and the One-Hit Wonders are the best IMO.

So Christine's house sold, finally.  I wonder how much cash they've bled since moving?  Many thousands. That's what they get, putting the cart before the horse.  Dumb and dumber.

Well, I'm beginning to reassess my paradigm on their financials to believing that they have far more money than I previously thought.  Otherwise, they're really mentally ill when it comes to finances.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Spelling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Well, I'm beginning to reassess my paradigm on their financials to believing that they have far more money than I previously thought.  Otherwise, they're really mentally I'll when it comes to finances.

Either they are mentally ill when it comes to finances, but even more so, would be the people loaning them the money.

I tend to think it's the former and either they have somehow fallen into a huge amount of money or they are being paid lots more than we believed by TLC.  Last year there were rumors circulating that they had taken a 75% pay cut, just to stay on the air, but I have never heard that rumor substantiated.  Darn that 4th wall!  

• LOL 6
10 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I say we PTV folks should take up a collection and bribe one of the boys to spill the beans. Gabe might be a good candidate to roll over on the Prophet.

Garrison would be, as well.  Remember when he tried to correct King Sol (was it in the Alaska ep?) and Kootie & Janelle reprimanded Garrison?  Seems like the G boys fought each other on a regular basis, but it was obvious to me they didn't respect Kootie, the so-called "General."  I don't blame them.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Garrison would be, as well.  Remember when he tried to correct King Sol (was it in the Alaska ep?) and Kootie & Janelle reprimanded Garrison?  Seems like the G boys fought each other on a regular basis, but it was obvious to me they didn't respect Kootie, the so-called "General."  I don't blame them.

A collaboration by all of the older boys would be good, I'm sure they all have their stories to tell.

• Love 6
On 3/31/2019 at 11:37 PM, Tuxcat said:

At this point the only reason Kody wants to build this ridiculous house is that he's tired of traveling house to house. He just wants to be the center and have the wives revolve around him.

BINGO! How's that plural marriage thing working for you, Kody?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 4/1/2019 at 11:42 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

These thoughts make a lot of sense to me, too. Also, it’s interesting to me how these dynamics kind of mimic what happens in the scarier plyg groups like the FLDS. Young men are basically chased out to find their own way, because all the women or GIRLS (shudder) are snapped up by the older horny males. The woman remain meek and submissive and trapped. 

The Browns obviously don’t live like that but their dynamic does echo the fundamentalist creeps.  

ETA, on another note, I have to say I completely agree with Robyn that all this instability does not result in giving the kids a true home to return to. Moving so much is hard enough when it’s necessary but why would Gabe, for example, developing nostalgic feelings for a (possibly short-lived) family home in a Flagstaff under these circumstances? Kody is practically ensuring that he’s pushing some kids away for good with this nonsense. 

On yet another note, Meri’s sadness about being disinvited from helping Mariah made me sad for her. I wonder if, besides wanting to help, she was looking forward to not being in the midst of Kody’s circus and could move her own self to Flagstaff in relative calm and peace 

Totally agree. Every single moving scene of this series has at least one shot of Meri lugging furniture like a man. She likely wanted a break and seems way more organized than the others, so could have taken her time and done her own move herself...maybe even hiring movers. Her house isn't sold, so where's the fu**ing fire??

• Love 11

Kootie never misses Meri when she is off on her LulaRags trips, so why would a couple of extra months in LV matter to him, except that she was not following the dick-tater's rules? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 4/5/2019 at 3:04 PM, Saje81 said:

That she did. I think she was trying to disappear. She knew what Meri was up to and kept her mouth shut, waiting for the eventual implosion. Just another example of how this lifestyle pits women against each other.

If Robyn ran to Kody with that info she would've been excoriated. Keeping her mouth shut was the only play.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

If Robyn ran to Kody with that info she would've been excoriated. Keeping her mouth shut was the only play.

I had always thought that Robyn would have run to Kody with the information, but on second thought, you're right.  Give Meri enough rope to hang herself.  Well played Robyn!

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

I had always thought that Robyn would have run to Kody with the information, but on second thought, you're right.  Give Meri enough rope to hang herself.  Well played Robyn!

Lol, but really, what else could she have done? Talk about being damned if you do and damned if you don't!

• Love 2
On 3/31/2019 at 2:17 PM, toodywoody said:

Holy shit! Did Kody get a freaking perm. Wtf is going on with his head? I haven't watched this show in years and holy shit!

Hi, new poster here. 

This is the first episode I've seen in years and his hair scared me!  He's so gross. I watched this episode and the one after.  None of the adults have changed a bit.  Christine looks great though.  And I see Janelle is bigger than ever, that "vigorous" workout and her diet have done wonders. Does she still pretend that she's working hard at losing weight ?

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Norwindian said:

Hi, new poster here. 

This is the first episode I've seen in years and his hair scared me!  He's so gross. I watched this episode and the one after.  None of the adults have changed a bit.  Christine looks great though.  And I see Janelle is bigger than ever, that "vigorous" workout and her diet have done wonders. Does she still pretend that she's working hard at losing weight ?

It's even better.... Old fat Janelle is a health coach now with her own online presence.

STRIVE with Janelle.    😂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

It's even better.... Old fat Janelle is a health coach now with her own online presence.

STRIVE with Janelle.    😂 

Holy shit. Please tell me that you're joking!  Why would any sane person look at her and think she could offer anything in the way of diet or fitness tips?  That's crazy. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Norwindian said:

Holy shit. Please tell me that you're joking!  Why would any sane person look at her and think she could offer anything in the way of diet or fitness tips?  That's crazy. 

Sorry but it's true.... We all laugh every time she posts... Her advice is literally hilarious!

Go check out her thread... It's a hoot!

• Love 6

I'm heading there as soon as I'm done reading this thread. 

Another thing I didn't know, is Mariah gay?  If so, I wonder what the family thought. I'm not sure how they feel about homosexuality.  I hope they embraced her and told her it doesn't matter and that she's loved. 

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, Tuxcat said:

Robyn doesn't like Janelle's kids. I think its one motivation to move. She doesn't want the " influence of Vegas" on HER kids like the others had.

During the show last night she live tweeted  "Our son Dayton was a ROCKSTAR during the move. He was so helpful..." Then she tweeted "Our daughter Aurora was nervous to move but tried to be so optimistic..." 

These were DIRECT DIGS at Gabe. I find that sickening and so immature of Robyn. I now officially dislike her!

Dayton was helpful? I didn't see him do much of anything except shift from foot to foot and nod like a goofball. College man? Hmmmm.  Don't think so. Gabe, on the other hand, is getting royally screwed.

Do love how Robyn refers to Dayton and Aurora as "OUR" kids. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, B in Lee said:

Dayton was helpful? I didn't see him do much of anything except shift from foot to foot and nod like a goofball. College man? Hmmmm.  Don't think so. Gabe, on the other hand, is getting royally screwed.

Do love how Robyn refers to Dayton and Aurora as "OUR" kids. 

Well it's true.  The magic family photo hanging in the living room proves it.

• Love 7
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:19 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Love me some old time Rock and Roll!

What I am wondering is how much Kody had to pay for the draft of his Magic Kingdom centerpiece. That had to be costly. So, too, all the trips to look at the Flagstaff area, singly and in groups. Having lived on a threadbare budget, I find it difficult to believe that they could just gas up a fleet of SUVs and go on these multiple trips. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, B in Lee said:

Love me some old time Rock and Roll!

What I am wondering is how much Kody had to pay for the draft of his Magic Kingdom centerpiece. That had to be costly. So, too, all the trips to look at the Flagstaff area, singly and in groups. Having lived on a threadbare budget, I find it difficult to believe that they could just gas up a fleet of SUVs and go on these multiple trips. 

If it's being filmed imagine it is being paid for by TLC.  I don't think some of the family was happy about the place they stayed in Hawaii.  But to take everyone they had to make the money work, because you also had the filming crew to pay for.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

If it's being filmed imagine it is being paid for by TLC.  I don't think some of the family was happy about the place they stayed in Hawaii.  But to take everyone they had to make the money work, because you also had the filming crew to pay for.

Plus they are such SNOBS!  They have to have HUGE houses and THIS and THAT... look at all of their vehicles - not an older model in sight!   If I had been flown to Hawaii, I would have been THRILLED with everything and I would have thanked TLC repeatedly (and my kids would have, too!)  I know it was for the show - but does that make a person any less appreciative?

• Love 6
On 4/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, LoneWolf said:

Yeah.... to quote Christine: this ridiculous clusterfuck of a house/condo/apartment/lair/egomaniacal delusion of a single structure is "NEVER, period, GOING, period, TO, period, HAPPEN, exclamation point." I'm so glad she verbalised the punctuation 🙄 

I cannot believe a group of people can be so incredibly ignorant and shortsighted as to not consider how many obstacles that will hinder, delay, or altogether shut down such a building plan. I have always lived within communities and have never had a septic system--you guys have educated me a bit on the ridiculousness of having a nineteen bed twelve bath four laundry room structure on a septic system and access to water. Kody's idea is bullshit and he'll be up to his neck in literal shit if they attempt this. 

My beloved dad, may he rest in peace (I still miss him every single day even though he died over ten years ago), was an electrician and wired a gazillion homes, maintained the state capital's network of buildings, and helped fix the horrible baggage system mess at Denver International Airport. He was a talented and hardworking man full of wisdom and humour (sorry, I know I'm way off topic) and I would LOVE to have been able to talk to him about the expense, feasibility, and complexity that Kody's structure would entail. And yes, I keep calling it a structure because I can conceive of no possible resale value in such a monstrosity of ego. I suspect surrounding neighbors would fight like hell to petition that the zoning requirements not change to allow this....thing. 

Everything Kody does is about ego. If he hadn't stumbled on polygamy he would've be a church leader commanding attention, or some other way to enable him to feel like a king. He has absolutely NO leadership ability and while some of his wives might 'keep sweet', it's abundantly clear his older kids (especially the boys) think he's a joke. I know people generally can't stand Meri, but I do not blame her a bit for her "affair" of the heart. Kody legally divorced her after decades and while she was incredibly naïve and illogical that a wealthy man online loved her, I can see absolutely why she'd be vulnerable to such a thing. This whole "she cheated" and "she needs to take responsibility and admit her wrongdoing" is bullshit (forgive me, I'm a psychologist and 'have' to be empathetic 😂). She was divorced, neglected, rejected by her husband, treated with disdain by her only daughter, and just wanted to be valued and loved. I dearly hope she finds a man who will love her and only her, that her B&B is successful, and that she continues to grow and be successful ON HER OWN, as she said. She has many faults, I agree, but her situation is soul crushing. I've no doubt that she was bullied into or contractionly obligated to react to the catfish 'scandal' in the manner she has in public. Maybe Kody will build his monstrosity and Meri will never move in, none of the older kids and the grandchildren ever visit, and 75% of the building is empty and useless. Meri finds a good man, marries him, and he has a bunch of kids who adore her. I was so sad watching Mariah tell her 'we don't want you helping us move'. I thought Meri handled the heartbreak well in the moment. 

Ugh. These people. YOU people, however, are good for my soul. Again going off topic (sorry moderators, it won't happen again...in this comment anyway) I have been fighting cancer for two decades, am in constant pain and am sick, watched my dad die from the same cancer--it's genetic and my kids have it, also 😔, my husband is a commissioned law enforcement officer and it's scary and stressful, I'm a neat freak but my house is currently a disaster from six plus years of me not being well enough to do even basic cleaning and maintenance, I'm isolated and have no friends or acquaintances from whom I can ask for help. I do not say all this for pity and I am incredibly blessed with a phenomenal husband (Kody should come visit and see  a REAL man and leader and I guarantee we have way more, er, marital relations than Kody who has four 'wives'), wonderful children, I had an amazing father, I live in a beautiful area with mountains and wildlife, I hit the jackpot just being born in the US and have had access to medical care that literally has and continues to keep me alive--I do not feel sorry for myself most of the time and am generally positive and upbeat. But I also struggle continuously and have some intense panic attacks, fear, hopeless moments, and insomnia. I come to these boards, the Sisterwives specifically, and your comments and assessments never fail to lift my spirits. You all are my kind of people and your humour, wit, and insight into the Brown Idiocies rarely fail to help me get through the rough moments. So I offer a BIG THANK YOU for your amazing and snarky comments. You all are my people.

💜💜💜

Dear Lonewolf,

I will send prayers for you and your family.  I agree with you about Meri and I hope that she will eventually get the courage to leave.  Meanwhile, stay strong (your strength comes through in your post).  God blessyou!

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Plus they are such SNOBS!  They have to have HUGE houses and THIS and THAT... look at all of their vehicles - not an older model in sight! 

But they deserve them because you know polygamy...mumble mumble...persecution...mumble mumble...fleeing...mumble mumble...I have FOUR WIVES...mumble mumble...stress...mumble mumble...monogamists don't understand.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

look at all of their vehicles - not an older model in sight!   

They all appear to be newer models, yet the cult-de-sac driveways are covered with oil stains and they cannot go on a trip without at least one car breaking down.  Do they "save" money by never maintaining their vehicles? Just like they "save" money by driving 17 vehicles to Flag instead of hiring a company with a full-sized moving van or two.

That visit to Flag where nobody wanted to ride with Kootie, so he drove his gas-guzzling SUV instead of hopping into one of the other vehicles was typical.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

That visit to Flag where nobody wanted to ride with Kootie, so he drove his gas-guzzling SUV instead of hopping into one of the other vehicles was typical.

Every time they pull another bone headed move I am reminded of my favorite line in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid:  "Morons. I've got morons on my team".

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

They all appear to be newer models, yet the cult-de-sac driveways are covered with oil stains and they cannot go on a trip with at least one car breaking down.  Do they "save" money by never maintaining their vehicles? Just like they "save" money by driving 17 vehicles to Flag instead of hiring a company with a full-sized moving van or two.

Typical and ridiculous.  Doesn't he ever THINK about he is going to appear to the viewers before he speaks and acts?  Apparently not.

1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

Every time they pull another bone headed move I am reminded of my favorite line in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid:  "Mormons. I've got mormons on my team".

But is that necessarily a BAD thing when we are speaking of the Brown family.....??  :::::Confuzzled:::::

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

"Mormons. I've got mormons on my team".

Hee!  Which calls to mind another favorite line from the Bob Newhart show whose neighbor was Howard Borden.  Bob's wife said that Howard had a brother who worked at the Tabernacle in Salt Lake City -  Norman Borden the Mormon Doorman.

When did my brain become a repository with lines from old TV shows and movies?  But it still makes me a brighter bulb than Kootie the Mormon moron.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2