Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

Noooooo!
Joooooooooooe!
I made an account here just to protest/mourn/express feelings about Joe. I'll miss you, Joe! It was Linda Holmes' reference to your L&O draft that got me listening ,and now with the Star Trek draft we lose an MVP (sports terms, amiright?). What upheavals are planned for your NEXT draft?! Perhaps you could draft the ultimate garbage show from all of Hannah Barbara's stable of misfits and Joe could come riding back triumphantly on the back of a Great Dane?
I'll miss you, Joe, and your cutting edge game theory banter over on Show and Yell nee Again With This.

Mo'Nique each time called Saaphyri something different: safari, sapphire-y, safeary. 

Also I didn't care for her lesson comparing adversity to anal rape. "Sometimes life takes you by your ass and it doesn't use protection or lubricate it and it HURTS" ???!? ?

I felt Mo'Nique was a bit fake and checked out. No Tim Gunn or even Mary Alice from America's Most Smartest Model. 

Leilene / Smiley deserved to win. Not Saaphyri who went to prison after. The contestant you clipped and commented on her saying something stereotypical or canned was Like Dat/Darra who actually was a graduate of law school in RL and articulate.  She was play acting in a way for the show that had racist implications. 

Lol I know a lot about these VH1 shows but honestly my fave reality show ever was I Love NY seasons one AND two which was also on vhi and superior to every reality show or dating program ever. It was hilarious and had a lot of drama, suspense, villainy, whimsy. 

>my fave reality show ever was I Love NY seasons one AND two which was also on vhi and superior to every reality show or dating program ever.

I also dream of having a ranch dressing fountain.

Before I'd gotten a chance to listen to the ep, I got a text from a friend I introduced to the podcast a few months ago. "Wait, no more Joe!?"
We'll miss you Joe!

The 2 drafts you've done so far were so exciting for me - I love Trek and I've seen every episode ever of Law & Order, even LA and Trial by Jury. I petered out on a DS9 watch a few months ago - I watched it only sporadically when it was on (though I watched TNG and Voyager religiously) but it gets so intense in Season 6. This ep inspired me to go back and finish it off, maybe once my Olympic bingewatching ends.

2 hours ago, HootyMcBoob said:

In defense of using closed captioning, some of us have a particular hearing impairment known as, "loud-ass-little-kids-who-never-stop-making-noise."

Sing it! Also love the user name. That's my nickname for myself and I love it! <3

Thanks for taking my close-captioning question! My husband is hearing impaired and the off-timed captions drive me crazy. (And I personally think ahead is way worse.)

• Love 1

I have a Debra Messing story to add from the DNC convention. In addition to her brief appearance in primetime, she spoke to the second day of the Women's Caucus. In the room there were rumors that either Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama were going to be surprise guests (tons of extra security). Instead... Debra Messing. Let me tell you how fast 1/2 that room and many hearts emptied. Those who did leave also missed Shonda Rimes as the double surprise, and for the rest of the day there was much grumbling about that fact. 

• Love 1

I'm surprised that the Season One episode Runaway from Law & Order: SVU didn't get a mention regarding raves on tv. I remember laughing my butt off to watch the squad come in to the rave, dressed like they were teenagers. I searched, but this was the best image I could find.

mKUC9xY.jpg?1

• Love 3

This was fantastic -- I was so relieved to hear that Neelix is The Worst, because he is indeed The Absolute Worst. I have a soft spot for Voyager because I really like Kate Mulgrew, and I think that series had a stronger start than some of the others (although it quickly went into a multi-season rut.) But I could always count on Neelix to be the perpetrator of Comical Shenanigans when the writers just needed somebody to screw something up. 

I had a weird glitch in the episode -- it jumped right from the end of the voting on the Canon, to the middle of Loser of the Week. Did anyone else have that? (I was downloading it on the iPhone Podcast app.)

It's a mystery... never has happened before going through that app. Listening directly on the page there was no skip. (PS speaking of loser of the week, Tara's Debra Messing series is one of the most hilarious things on the site -- I have forced friends to read some of the "Debra e-mails her agent" posts right off my phone.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, profreader said:

But I could always count on Neelix to be the perpetrator of Comical Shenanigans when the writers just needed somebody to screw something up.

He was either secretly an agent of Chaos or had a certain Anti-Genius when it came to "Helping". He didn't just serve up unpalatable food, he managed to break the ship with cheese. Cheese! I'm so glad he didn't make anyone's draft (I think).

• Love 2

Medical Examiner: Ravi (iZombie)
Cops: Abbie Mills (Sleepy Hollow), Mary Shannon (In Plain Sight), Jody Mills and Donna Hanscum (Supernatural)
Prosecutors: Jessica Pearson (Suits) and Caroline Julian (Bones)
Shrink: Dani Santino (Necessary Roughness)
Civilian Consultant: Lucifer Morningstar (Lucifer)

• Love 1

Detectives-  Frank Pembleton (Homicide) and Marcellus Washington (Hack)

Captain - Ray Holt (Brooklyn 99)

Medical Examiner -  Dr. Ben Gideon (Gideon's Crossing)

DA -  Bayard Ellis (Law and Order- SVU)

Psychiatrist- Dr. Darryl Nolan (House)

Civilian Consultant- Nick Atwater (Thief)

• Love 2

Favorite cartoon when I was a kid (literally taped the whole series onto VCR), Starblazers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItKC89IVEJc

Still one of the best theme songs of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Favorite cartoon as an adult: Legend of Korra.

I love serialization, really. Both tell a long-term story with consquences and action.

• Love 1

The voices from TAATA was John Byner. He was doing an impression of Jackie Mason. I had it half-right.

Star Blazers was the show I ran show from school to catch! I found the idea that the Moon was so corruptible VERY troubling as a kid.

• Love 1

What's funny about that Grey's Anatomy musical episode is that while Kevin McKidd sounded AWFUL on How to Save a Life, I think he actually sounded really good on Chasing Cars, where he sings a lot more.  I remember watching this ep and thinking "why did they use some weird horrible take of him for How to Save a Life?"  Still a super-weird ep overall though.

Medical Examiner: Maura Isles - Rizzoli & Isles (They still make this show?!?!?)

Cops: Molly Solverson & Lou Solverson - Fargo, Odo - Star Trek: DS9, Warf - Star Trek: TNG

Prosecutors: Dan Fielding - Night Court, Jack McCoy - Law & Order

Shrink: Dr. Emil Skoda - Law & Order

Civilian Consultant: Emerson Cod (and for some reason tagging along a Pie maker named Ned and a girl named Chuck) - Pushing Daisies

Kip Civilian Consultant: Emerson Cod (and for some reason tagging along a Pie maker named Ned and a girl named Chuck) - Pushing Daisies

I would have thought Ned would be better as a coroner - who better than a guy that can talk to the dead to tell you how the victim died?

All you Starblazers fans (and I was one too!) might enjoy the reboot of the Voltron series. I really enjoyed it! @David T. Cole I'm glad I wasn't the only one who got angry about Wacky Races outcomes. My brother still makes fun of me for that. 

@Sarah D. Bunting Samurai Jack was just my absolute favorite. Have you seen that they are doing a Season 5? 

The series creator revealed that "Samurai Jack" season 5 will not have an immediate connection between its predecessors. Instead, it picks up many years after the end of the original series, following Jack on his new adventure that will eventually conclude the story of the series.

Samurai Jack Season 5 Info

The worst offender of the "coming up" clip is for any drama on Sundance. They will show a clip for the VERY EPISODE you are currently watching. I'm watching the show. In fact we're well half-way into the episode. You have me. I'm invested! I don't want to see a plot twist pop in the middle of commercials. I want to see it when it happens Sundance!

• Love 2

The worst offender of the "coming up" clip is for any drama on Sundance. They will show a clip for the VERY EPISODE you are currently watching. I'm watching the show. In fact we're well half-way into the episode. You have me. I'm invested! I don't want to see a plot twist pop in the middle of commercials. I want to see it when it happens Sundance!

Worse than Jazz.