Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I must be going to hell because I liked Jeremy last season, and while I am not of fan of the beard and possible weight gain, I think it will be interesting to see where the vengeful Jeremy goes this season. Because it's classic tv trope (and sometimes life), that you don't hate someone that much unless you've still got frisky feelings for them.

And Hot Rachel and Rachel's reactions are hilarious.

Blarg.  S1 Jeremy was the Duncan Kane of UnREAL.   S2 Jeremy is the Sheriff Lamb.  Neither is particularly fun.  

MRA Chet, however, is *hilarious* to me.  He's exactly the kind of goober who would fall for that Iron John drum circle jerk bullshit.  

I watched half the first episode of Humans last summer and couldn't get into it and promptly forgot it existed. This EHG made me go back and now I'm obsessed. And sleep deprived. So... thanks! And thanks :/

• Love 1

Bear McCreary's Battlestar Galactica score is my over all favorite, but the original Doctor Who theme was cutting edge when it came out, and is still my favorite theme.

I was so quick to get used to the different kinds of "Genie Scenarios" that I took a glance at this and saw "Genie Center" and wondered what that might be. But that's cool, they don't all need to be Genie Scenarios. Unless you think they should be? I mean, you're right, if you think they should all be Genie Scenarios, they probably should , who am I to interfere?

• Love 2

I hope you're happy that I thoroughly confused my family while watching the Tonys, because every time they mentioned the nominated play "The Humans" I muttered "Heard of 'em."

• Love 3

I was so glad when Game Time played because I had a completely different idea for a SPAAACE based Game Time (probably not before next Star Wars Day, though). Apologies to Sarah, though it's not going to stop me!

To me, OJ Simpson wasn't JUST the Naked Gun guy, he was also the Capricorn One guy, being unaware of his prior sports achievements (they were a little before my time and in a purely American sport)

15 hours ago, EricJ said:

I hope you're happy that I thoroughly confused my family while watching the Tonys, because every time they mentioned the nominated play "The Humans" I muttered "Heard of 'em."

Same, except my friend and I gleefully SHOUTED 'Heard of 'em!' every time.

• Love 1

Alias could really use an Office style comedy episode, which would give Sydney a chance to tell the audience how she really wants to kill Sloane directly, and stop boring her supporting characters who have all heard it a million times.

On 6/7/2016 at 0:09 PM, Sarah D. Bunting said:

I had to send @John Ramos VHS tapes of Buffy S7 when he lived in England. Then we would alternate who called whom to discuss the eps because long-distance calls still cost money back then. 

For that shitburger of a season, we did this.

I still remember opening a package to find a VHS tape with the title "Lies My Parents Told Me (Like That This Show Is Good)."

• Love 2

@Tara Ariano, Veep has been so good this season that it inspired me to do a rewatch while the current season is still going on, and you'll be happy to know that when Selina first becomes President, there's a bit about how Canada will get hurt feelings if it's not her first foreign visit, and she's basically like, "Fuck 'em! What are they gonna do about it?"

(edited)

I've read so many complaints about Veep this season while I am loving it, so I was glad to hear Tara agree! I think some people just decided it would go down on quality with Iannucci leaving and they're sticking to that opinion no matter what.

I rewatched the whole series before starting this season and as soon as I caught up, I wanted to start from the beginning again. One of my favorite shows ever.

Edited by purplemouth
  • Love 1

Hmmm, trying to keep this in the spirit of "Review"...

Tara and Dave - I've always heard that adoption is a really hard process, so I would like you review adoption.

Sarah - They say charity is a virtue, so I would like you to review giving everything you own away to charity.

Joe- As a big fan of Awards I'm sure you are aware that the Oscars love weight changes for roles, so I would like you to review losing 100 lbs, and then gaining 100 lbs over your normal weight.

Y'all, I think this mini should come with a trigger warning for South Carolinians. Stephanie's suggestion of Thomas Ravenel for VP gave me trauma flashbacks to the last few times he's come anywhere near elected office in this state. It was... not great.

Fun Game Time (some tough clues in there.) And weirdly, tonight a friend wanted to show me an episode of Bob's Burgers -- and whaddya know, it was "Topsy." I knew to look in the background for all the science fair project titles.

• Love 2

Miss Fisher's Raisin Mysteries - Our female sleuth sashays through the back lanes and jazz clubs of late 1920s Melbourne, hunting for the best raisin in the country with her pearl-handled pistol and her dagger-sharp wit.

• Love 3

Oh man, you're so right Sarah: Team Haverchuck forever. The photo of him at the top of this page makes my heart hurt.
And if there's still online evidence of the Joe-hugs-Busy shenanigans, a link in the show notes would be so uplifting.

L.A. Takedown

Tough Los Angeles cop Vincent Hanna takes on a gang of professional bank robbers led by the precise, enigmatic Patrick McLaren. The original TV movie was remade as Heat. L.A. Takedown can be found on Youtube.

Cop Vincent Hanna ... Martin Starr
Robber Patrick McLaren ... James Franco
Lillian Hanna .... Linda Cardellini
Det. Bobby Schwartz ... Jason Segel
Waingro ... Samm Levine
Eady ... Rashida Jones
Michael Cerrito ...John Francis Daley
Elaine Cerrito ... Lizzy Caplan
Chris Shiherlis ... Seth Rogen
Charlene Sheherlis ... Busy Philipps

Actually, Sarah, you pronounced "Olschki" perfectly! Congratulations, you're among a very exclusive group of people who can do so (and that group does not include some members of the family).

Excellent picks by all! So happy (but still somewhat sad that no one picked "Benson").

• Love 3