Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, dariafan said:

Conspiracy theory time ..... what if Vivian did win fan favorite vote the second time , but they didn’t want to let her know it ?????     Can you imagine how insufferable she would have been ??

I actually thought that the last time I watched that season on Pluto. Maybe they didn't want her inflated ego to get any bigger? Of course they may not have know how insufferable she became. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Pucca said:

I actually thought that the last time I watched that season on Pluto. Maybe they didn't want her inflated ego to get any bigger? Of course they may not have know how insufferable she became. 

She was already all smirky waiting for that second fan favorite and very surprised she didn't get. Girl was a conceited mess.

4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I had always heard it was a drug for ADHD/ADD. If not that then what was it?

Easily could have been Adderoll, which is a very easy to get ADHD/ADD treatment drug. Big on the college circuit...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Girl was a conceited mess.

"I have a confidence problem"

"You hide it well."

The best Melissa conversation ever LOL!

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Pucca said:

Kills me everytime I watch season 2 and during the semi's deliberations Kelli says

"she can't kick, she can't turn, and she can't do the splits, but she's pretty! I gave her a maybe." She was talking about Loni, who by all accounts seemed like a nice girl, but shouldn't have been in traininig camp. 

Lol, right?! I just watched that Season 2 scene yesterday regarding Loni. And then Charlotte says, “She does have a mature look that we don’t have on the team right now.”  UHHHHH, YEAH, YA THINK? I mean, you choose girls who literally hit puberty 16 months prior to auditions so...yeah, the fact that Loni could legally order a beer is totally unique. 🤦🏻‍♀️  In all honesty, I did like Loni. She really WAS pretty and seemed to have such a good attitude about it. She wasn’t a sniveling, crying mess whenever Kelli called her into the office.  

I know Melissa Rycroft gets a lot of flack on the forums as the “showmanship coach,” but I actually like her now. That scene between her and Vivian always cracks my shit up. (With that being said......man, she was such a freaking goofball her 2 years on the team. I think it was Kitty that said it in Season 1, Melissa just didn’t take anything seriously.) 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

She was already all smirky waiting for that second fan favorite and very surprised she didn't get. Girl was a conceited mess.

Easily could have been Adderoll, which is a very easy to get ADHD/ADD treatment drug. Big on the college circuit...

It can cause super erratic behavior as well, which seemed pretty on point with Courtney at the time. 

My ex-boyfriend’s daughter is a recent college graduate and seeing her around our small town, she is seriously so thin. She was straight up overweight as a kid and always had a propensity to be fluffy. Now she looks like a tanning bed skeleton (because she does that too). Poor thing. I wonder what the long term effects are for young people who use Adderall. 

My understanding is if you actually need it and use it, the weight loss effects are not so drastically apparent. It just brings you closer to normal. But if you use it and you don’t actually have a clinical need for it, it makes you rail thin and crazy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/31/2021 at 1:26 PM, Pucca said:

Trisha Trevino also does not have an HD friendly face. She looks like a foot.  Never understood her appeal at all.  

Thank you , I cannot see what the appeal was with her . Woof ! 

• Love 3

I was watching season 6 and forgot about Ika who I thought was great and had a unique look but Kelli said she looked like the girl last night look (rude) and then had nerve to cut her because she “couldn’t take a chance like this” with suspecting she was going to “roll into parties and roll on into trouble” but ironically Kelli loved Whitney I. who was well known in the DFW party scene for getting naked wasted and other wild behavior on more than one occasion and they made her point .. I can’t figure that out 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

I was watching season 6 and forgot about Ika who I thought was great and had a unique look but Kelli said she looked like the girl last night look (rude) and then had nerve to cut her because she “couldn’t take a chance like this” with suspecting she was going to “roll into parties and roll on into trouble” but ironically Kelli loved Whitney I. who was well known in the DFW party scene for getting naked wasted and other wild behavior on more than one occasion and they made her point .. I can’t figure that out 

just saw Ika’s cut again yesterday and it’s so disgusting and disrespectful and mean, honestly 

Love how she didn’t cry or sob and walked out smiling and optimistic 

• Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

Plus she went to a party in freaking blackface!! And then she was given a leadership position, was point of the triangle... That made me so mad. 

Edited by allitator
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, allitator said:

Plus she went to a party in freaking blackface!! And then she was given a leadership position, was point of the triangle... That made me so mad. 

At panel interviews Kelli showed Whitney the picture of her "having too much fun". Was she the one who had the caution tape across her chest or was it another girl?

• Love 2
(edited)
38 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

At panel interviews Kelli showed Whitney the picture of her "having too much fun". Was she the one who had the caution tape across her chest or was it another girl?

Yep that was her. I think Kelli asked something like, “Is this you or your twin?” I believe it was the first year she made the squad. I have mentioned this on here before, but I couldn’t stand Whitney. Never thought she was even remotely attractive. And judging from decisions she made, she wasn’t very bright either. Just goes to show you how much you can get away with if you are a KelFine Favorite. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

I was watching season 6 and forgot about Ika who I thought was great and had a unique look but Kelli said she looked like the girl last night look (rude) and then had nerve to cut her because she “couldn’t take a chance like this

Wasn’t there something else with bad pictures? If I remember correctly they had to do with (excessive) partying? And as unfair as it may seem, a lot of companies will dismiss prospective candidates for posting such things. 
And it may seem unfair, but somebody who’s worked for any company for years may get away with a warning or (mildly) disciplined íf they have further value to a company. (I’m not discussing the black face issue here now btw)

• Love 1
(edited)

Trisha Trevino also does not have an HD friendly face. She looks like a foot.  Never understood her appeal at all.  

TBH, she took good pictures. Season 3 they showed a few times, the shot of her on that year's calendar cover, and she was breathtaking IMO. She looked like a completely different girl in her cameos/other DCC-related photos than elsewhere.

Edited by ShutterbugCAM
grammar
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

TBH, she took good pictures. Season 3 they showed a few times, the shot of her on that year's calendar cover, and she was breathtaking IMO. She looked like a completely different girl in her cameos/other DCC-related photos than elsewhere.

I think she's one where she's photogenic, especially when caught at the right angle, but not telegenic. A lot of her cameos and swimsuit shots were good because they took so many and filtered through to get the best ones, but she never looked great on the show because it's real-time, unedited, and a moving camera that can't only get your good angles.

• Love 3
On 4/3/2021 at 10:11 PM, LilyDutch said:

Wasn’t there something else with bad pictures? If I remember correctly they had to do with (excessive) partying? And as unfair as it may seem, a lot of companies will dismiss prospective candidates for posting such things. 
And it may seem unfair, but somebody who’s worked for any company for years may get away with a warning or (mildly) disciplined íf they have further value to a company. (I’m not discussing the black face issue here now btw)

Yes there were pictures of partying but Whitney I also had many pictures out (prior to blackface issue) of her partying and it wasn’t even brought up during her interview . Still she made the team and they swept it under the rug . Why her is what I wanted to know . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

i'll never get over how bad a TCC kathryn dunn was. she literally could not dance at all. i feel like a random person off the street could do better. did she even have any dance background? lmao

i like how one of the judges (jay? or someone else) said she couldn't dance and said she only got through because she's blonde and pretty. so true

Edited by vanillagum
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

i'll never get over how bad a TCC kathryn dunn was. she literally could not dance at all. i feel like a random person off the street could do better. did she even have any dance background? lmao

i like how one of the judges (jay? or someone else) said she couldn't dance and said she only got through because she's blonde and pretty. so true

Amen and preach it sister.   From her crying fit being called in the first night they called people in   Thinking she “ did good”.  Going to clutch her pearls when Kelli says she questions her reasons for being there       

then there’s Emily Roslyn.   It was uncomfortable to watch her dance 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 4/3/2021 at 9:11 PM, LilyDutch said:

Her problem was that she was warned about posting drunk photos once and kept doing it. Ika is my favorite train wreck TCC. You knew she was going to crash and burn and it was just a matter of how and when.

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, GBDCCfan said:

Her problem was that she was warned about posting drunk photos once and kept doing it. Ika is my favorite train wreck TCC. You knew she was going to crash and burn and it was just a matter of how and when.

I think the other thing that sunk Ika was the whole "modelling" thing. Where Whitney was just a drunk idiot posting bad pics, Ika admitted to working on a "portfolio" and though she said she was done with that, didn't want to be a model anymore, I am sure the seed was planted that she was using DCC as a path towards some level of fame. I think that's the major problem they had with Vivian too. I think Kelli is fine with the gals having bigger dreams outside of entertainment, like doctor, lawyer, etc, she isn't as keen on them using DCC to become a model or internet celeb. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get. DCC should be the greatest entertainment based dream these girls have, not a stepping stone to something better (because in Kelli's mind I'm sure there is nothing better, which, in her defense, she has made quite a career out of DCC and I'd guess it has most likely made her a millionaire, or close to it, so I think she's got some serious rose colored glasses on when it comes to DCC.)

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

hahaha emily is so pretty i wanted her to dance well! but she was just so awkward

TBH her first year I didn't really see the beauty because her hair was SO BLONDE for her skin tone. And her makeup was super dark and not blended properly. Second go around was much better for her, at least in terms of appearance. Dancing, not so much.

• Love 3

I never found Emily R overly pretty. She wasn't ugly but I didn't see anything special even without the creepy stare. The stare just did not help. I'm sure it was a nervous/fear/concentration thing and not how she looks in normal life, but it was distracting. Like Chandler's grin. (just watched an ep with her and OMG that plastered on grin!) 

It makes me wonder what strange face I make when I'm nervous.

Those two and Breelan with her pulled in chin are probably the three most awkward "dance faces" I can think of. It is something, as Chandler and Breelan implied with their video training with Melissa, that they weren't even aware of. I'm sure Emily also wasn't aware of how intense her stare was when she was dancing under pressure. 

Speaking of Melissa...I knew her first from Bachelor, where I couldn't stand her but I have to say, she's kind of grown on me, better as a mentor than when she was on the team. I think she grew into the mentor role fairly well. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, dariafan said:

then there’s Emily Roslyn.   It was uncomfortable to watch her dance 

I still will never understand how Emily and Kathryn Dunn ever made the Mavs Dancers. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

I still will never understand how Emily and Kathryn Dunn ever made the Mavs Dancers. 

They barely danced as Mavs dancers !! Kathryn was used more as appearance girl then anything 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

TBH her first year I didn't really see the beauty because her hair was SO BLONDE for her skin tone. And her makeup was super dark and not blended properly. Second go around was much better for her, at least in terms of appearance. Dancing, not so much.

yeah her first season's look, both pre and post makeover, was really bad. also i hated how she always had eyeliner around her entire eye. so bad. her second makeover was so good

8 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

TBH her first year I didn't really see the beauty because her hair was SO BLONDE for her skin tone. And her makeup was super dark and not blended properly

Yes! Same here , I thought her over processed brass blonde was horrible on her . Then when she came back years later it was almost the same again . I couldn’t deal with her facial expressions when she danced.  It was cringy 

• Love 2
On 4/5/2021 at 11:02 AM, vanillagum said:

And yet she was taken over THREE veterans that year! I was never the biggest Teri fan, but Kali and Collin had been some of my favorites from the previous season.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, allitator said:

And yet she was taken over THREE veterans that year! I was never the biggest Teri fan, but Kali and Collin had been some of my favorites from the previous season.

Kathryn also had a very similar look to Kali, but Kali was prettier, less fake and a better dancer.  Emily put all her tension and nerves into her face, especially the eyes and the mouth.  She's another one that, once the pressure was off, she would have been able to relax and the prettiness return.  At least, once she washed off all the makeup and used a more natural look.  I know Kelli asked her to lighten up on the eye makeup at least, but I don't think she ever did.

• Love 5
On 4/5/2021 at 6:07 PM, Mabinogia said:

I didn't see anything special even without the creepy stare. The stare just did not help. I'm sure it was a nervous/fear/concentration thing and not how she looks in normal life, but it was distracting

I'll give you a creepy stare and raise you a "talks with teeth together like a ventriloquist." THAT distracted me more than anything.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Yeah I don't think a lot of the older squad members would have had an "hd ready face" I think Kandi was such a powerful dancer that they let some of her bulkiness go. I'd still kill for her body though.

I never understood the love for either of the Trevino sisters.  I was not a fan at all... but that's just me🤷🏻‍♀️🧐😜

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'll give you a creepy stare and raise you a "talks with teeth together like a ventriloquist." THAT distracted me more than anything.

I will never look at her the same way again, but at least I can focus on something other than those eyes! 

3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I never understood the love for either of the Trevino sisters.  I was not a fan at all... but that's just me🤷🏻‍♀️🧐😜

Not just you, just us perhaps. I wasn't a fan either. Neither one of them stand out to me in a good way. They were my version of filler. Not so terrible that they stand out in a bad way but in no way interesting so I tend to just forget they exist until they pop up and I wonder why they were chosen and highlighted on the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So I’m not super beauty-savvy or anything, but what in the world was so wrong with Erica’s hair when she first tried out? It looked pretty much identical to Melissa’s, Jen K’s... they just harped on it like crazy, but I never got it, haha.  

• Love 8
(edited)

It was just flat and needed some life...which to Melissa Rycroft’s point, just needed some teasing!  Perfectly fine for real life, but she needed some product and effort for a dress rehearsal. 

source: my hair is an Auburn version of erica’s when I let it air dry! Shiny but flat. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Not so terrible that they stand out in a bad way but in no way interesting so I tend to just forget they exist until they pop up and I wonder why they were chosen and highlighted on the show. 

I think it was the sister storyline; one already on the team and one auditioning for it. Probably was the first time since the show started in 2006 they had a sister situation like it. Then later was done again with the Torres sisters.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, allitator said:

So I’m not super beauty-savvy or anything, but what in the world was so wrong with Erica’s hair when she first tried out? It looked pretty much identical to Melissa’s, Jen K’s... they just harped on it like crazy, but I never got it, haha.  

And. I comments shown the first 10 times Christina tried out 

6 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

It was so thin and flat . She badly needed volume 

I didn't mind it because it's exactly like my own! It can be really hard to curl such flat hair. Once you get around your head, you have to start all over again! I've no idea what they have against non-curled hair! She just needed some layers cutting into it to make it swing more.

• Love 5
On 4/8/2021 at 9:34 AM, allitator said:

So I’m not super beauty-savvy or anything, but what in the world was so wrong with Erica’s hair when she first tried out?

Because Texas hair is B-I-G hair...when mine is long it won't hold curl for long with electric devices...I have to go old school with fabric curlers and sleep on them...then I have bouncy curls & waves that last 1-2 days...

Former DCC Finalist Courtney Krauss ( TLD,DSIG, Patriots) was on HGTV's show House in a Hurry. She and her husband moved back to TX after living in Boston where she cheered for the Patriots. She's in grad school and was going to be student teaching in 6 weeks (at time show was filmed).  You do need to have a cable provider (like on cmt) in order to watch it.

Feeling the Heat in Texas | House In A Hurry (hgtv.com)

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
On 4/8/2021 at 12:34 PM, allitator said:

From a male's perspective, I also thought she looked fine, and still does. I'd date a girl that looks like her with that hair any day.
But I'm not a woman, nor originally from Texas, so what do I know? 😏

• Love 3

I love smooth, silky hair, so I liked Erica's hair very much. It actually stood out amongst all the fluff and curl and "beachy waves" of all the others which was nice. 

The DCC makeovers do have a tendancy to make them all look like stereotypical trophy wives. Pity, since they keep saying they want variety but end up making them all look the same, just in different colors. 

There have been very few real, actual makeovers, where the girl looks different. Usually it's just a trim, some makeup lessons and a blow out. 

• Love 3
On 4/11/2021 at 9:10 PM, Mabinogia said:

I love smooth, silky hair, so I liked Erica's hair very much. It actually stood out amongst all the fluff and curl and "beachy waves" of all the others which was nice. 

The DCC makeovers do have a tendancy to make them all look like stereotypical trophy wives. Pity, since they keep saying they want variety but end up making them all look the same, just in different colors. 

There have been very few real, actual makeovers, where the girl looks different. Usually it's just a trim, some makeup lessons and a blow out. 

I know! They have the seasons where all they do is straighten everyone’s hair, the seasons where all they do is curl it...  and even when you get to the “unique” styles like with Paige and Tess where Kelli makes a huge deal about how pretty their natural curl is, by the next episode it’s back to the way it was before the “makeover”.

Edited by allitator
  • Love 8
On 4/7/2021 at 8:09 AM, allitator said:

Plus Danielle too since she was originally chosen for training camp! Chelsey making training camp over Kali and Collin pissed me off too.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Pucca said:

Plus Danielle too since she was originally chosen for training camp! Chelsey making training camp over Kali and Collin pissed me off too.

Didn't Schmathryn Schmunn make it to TC over them too?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Didn't Schmathryn Schmunn make it to TC over them too?

I think you are correct. Seriously, nearly tops the list of worst TCC decisions ever.

Trying to think of others...Kalli Fullerton’s second time in TC runs a close second  but at least Kalli’s personality was sweet (and palatable).  

Collin’s post-finals-cut interview breaks my heart every single time.  

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Pucca said:

The decisions made for the entirety of Season 8 reeked of "we need exciting storylines and people to cut!"  It was one of my least favorite seasons because it felt like they were pandering to the audience more than making rational decisions.

• Love 7