Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

(edited)

I honestly thought I’d missed a bit. One minute VK has her head in her hands “There’s still 7 cuts, what if I’m one of them!” And the next Jinelle is offering to help her… with no context as to why. 

I wondered if it was just because it was weight, could it be deemed a more sensitive conversation so that’s why it was edited out? 

They have been showing season 3/4 over the weekend, which had the fat test when the ladies had to turn up in their bikinis and got their body fat percentage, so will have to see if any of that is cut! 

Edited by DocBrown
(edited)
On 2/12/2024 at 4:08 PM, DocBrown said:

Interestingly, they’ve edited out VK’s weight conversations. You see her in the office with Jinelle, and you only see her say “I’d love to empty my brain into yours”, Kitty who says “Give her the respect” but they’ve completely cut the actual weight conversation. So if you were a first time viewer you’d have no idea what Kitty meant with her respect comment. 

They cut out a LOT about Victoria's weight that season, but mainly that scene where Victoria, Jinelle and Kelli were in the office and Victoria was called out for ignoring Jinelle and NOT going to the doctor's appointment (I think the doctor thing was mentioned briefly and rumor has it that Victoria claimed to have an issue that caused her to gain weight and the doctor's appointment was to confirm that condition).  It's fairly obvious because of all the "jumping around" the cameras did.  If they were showing most, or all, of the office visit, there wouldn't be nearly the amount of jumping between shots and the like (and, no, it's not because of all the people in the room).

There was a LOT cut out from that scene and I, for one, would like to have seen the entire scene, but it's also interesting that they left in at least one piece of Victoria lying to Kelli's face and Kelli calling her out on it. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

They cut out a LOT about Victoria's weight that season, but mainly that scene where Victoria, Jinelle and Kelli were in the office and Victoria was called out for ignoring Jinelle and NOT going to the doctor's appointment (I think the doctor thing was mentioned briefly and rumor has it that Victoria claimed to have an issue that caused her to gain weight and the doctor's appointment was to confirm that condition).  It's fairly obvious because of all the "jumping around" the cameras did.  If they were showing most, or all, of the office visit, there wouldn't be nearly the amount of jumping between shots and the like (and, no, it's not because of all the people in the room).

There was a LOT cut out from that scene and I, for one, would like to have seen the entire scene, but it's also interesting that they left in at least one piece of Victoria lying to Kelli's face and Kelli calling her out on it. 

I'm sure Tina Kalina had a lot to do with it.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Talking about an increased body weight and discussions about a perfect body in general has become a bit of a mine field over the past few years. There is an increased awareness of the damages it does to people. It wouldn't surprise me if this is the main reason for deleting Victoria's scenes?

Which leaves me wondering about other past episodes....There are loads of examples of Kelli being rude and often unfair toward girls. Will all those episodes be edited?

What will this mean for(possible) future episodes of MTT? Weight, stocky builds, think thighs were all easy excuses for Kelli to rid of unwanted TCC's. Many of these girls were grossly mistreated over weight or "body issues"  for the sake of drama television. Hopefully, a new series will be a big improvement regarding this and focus more on other, more interesting aspects of the journey toward becoming a DCC.

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

It is interesting that when I watched the two HBCU colleges play at the NBA All-Star game their cheerleading teams combinedTo present a very spirit filled and sharp routine that would’ve challenged anything that the DCC have done. They had males and female cheerleaders of all shapes & sizes  who were all very much in lines etc.  The cheerleaders represented what people  Who are African-American look like and how they wear their hair. It was a great experience and I only wish that this could be something the DCC could model..

• Like 4
7 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

The cheerleaders represented what people  Who are African-American look like and how they wear their hair. It was a great experience and I only wish that this could be something the DCC could model..

It has been discussed a few times over the years on this forum. And from what I can see, the only thing that has changed (and only fairly recently) is a reluctant acceptance of African American DCCs sporting their natural hair (but I have a gut feeling that wigs are still encouraged behind the scenes...)

Honestly, I cannot see other things change in the immediate future and definitely not with Kelli and Judy in charge. Those two are firmly stuck in the past, whether it's the never changing DCC uniform (apart from the shorter shorts), their stereotypical DCC type or the over-used Thunderstruck Routine. 

• Like 5
19 hours ago, LilyD said:

It has been discussed a few times over the years on this forum. And from what I can see, the only thing that has changed (and only fairly recently) is a reluctant acceptance of African American DCCs sporting their natural hair (but I have a gut feeling that wigs are still encouraged behind the scenes...)

If I remember correctly, natural black hair is A LOT harder to maintain for an all day football game than wearing a wig. So many DCC prefer the wig to natural hair maintenance. 

And then there are extensions. Darian, Briana, Jacie all wore extensions on the field. Jacie has taken a more pro-natural hair stance post DCC but in an interview she did she said she didn't know she had the option to wear natural hair.

On 2/18/2024 at 4:56 PM, LilyD said:

Honestly, I cannot see other things change in the immediate future and definitely not with Kelli and Judy in charge. Those two are firmly stuck in the past, whether it's the never changing DCC uniform (apart from the shorter shorts), their stereotypical DCC type or the over-used Thunderstruck Routine. 

Actually, back in the 70s, there were at least two Black DCCs that wore their hair naturally.   I’m glad to see that a return to this.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Watching Season 12.  Does anyone know what happened to Brianna from NY (I I think?).  The TCC that said she learned how to cook broccoli IIRC. I don't think she ever auditioned again did she?  LIke Kelli said she was afraid Brianna would go back to NY and they'd never see her again.

6 hours ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

Watching Season 12.  Does anyone know what happened to Brianna from NY (I I think?).  The TCC that said she learned how to cook broccoli IIRC. I don't think she ever auditioned again did she?  LIke Kelli said she was afraid Brianna would go back to NY and they'd never see her again.

Her IG https://www.instagram.com/briannawilhere_/

• Fire 1
On 2/26/2024 at 5:42 AM, JarlenaFan2023 said:

How old would she be now?

She was 18 in 2017, she either is or is going on 25. Still very young!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

Watching the season Alora Rose left the DCC.  Did she really audition for Rockettes? Did she make it?  Not seeing evidence of her on their social media.

Not sure if she left on her own or Kelli cut her. I really never saw Kelli tell her she was cut so we can only assume it was one or the other.  She did not make the Rockettes. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Not sure if she left on her own or Kelli cut her. I really never saw Kelli tell her she was cut so we can only assume it was one or the other.  She did not make the Rockettes. 

No she didn’t make rockettes

• Like 1