Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 4/11/2023 at 10:49 PM, 88Keys said:

Loren looked 100 times better with the dark hair. 

On 4/12/2023 at 4:04 AM, MrsEVH said:

She did and later went to being a redhead. After leaving the DCC she went back to being a blonde.

Loren was one that I wished they would have went with the “Icy Dallas blonde” look instead of brunette.  Her incoming blonde color was definitely bad with the highlighter yellow, but I believe the brunette/red was not her best look (even though it made her eyes pop more).  Unfortunately, I don’t think they ever achieved Loren’s best look IMO.   

• Like 5
4 hours ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

Does anyone have a video of the jump split explaining the counts? I'm trying to learn the counts (not the whole jump split, I'd break a leg!) and can't really see all of it from the episodes.

They did a version of the kickline on YouTube, just without the middle section of fan kicks/leg lift and just a regular split at the end!

If not, you can probably piece together the full kickline from the compilation video.

I've watched it enough times to know it by heart!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

This looks like it could be footage from last year.  

IMG_0646.jpeg

🤞🤞Hopefully 

But I'd be surprised if Kleine was working full time to edit a reality show about the DCC when she's currently on the team

I think maybe she's cutting a video for in-stadium promos/social media. Either way, super cool that Kleine actually gets to use her non-dance skills with the DCC!!

• Like 1

Did anyone ever follow that girl whose instagram that was “road_to_dcc”? I’m watching one of the old seasons and I can’t seem to remember her face but my brain tells me she tried out a few times and then disappeared. Wondered what she’s doing now

• Like 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Did anyone ever follow that girl whose instagram that was “road_to_dcc”? I’m watching one of the old seasons and I can’t seem to remember her face but my brain tells me she tried out a few times and then disappeared. Wondered what she’s doing now

Guess not.  NM.

Edited by go4luca
13 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Was that Mary Kate?  If so, she just made Denver Broncos Cheer.

marykate.jpg

She was a Dallas Stars Ice Girl on the 2016-17 team. 

She's in the 3rd row, 2nd from left.

cut.jpg

• Like 1

No, road_to_DCC girl isn't Mary Kate.  It's Hannah Prosser.  This is her picture:

image.png.3bda0acbea07ab4e123907ccff4cb062.png

I found a little bit about her here: https://www.dreamdancecenter.com/trainers but I don't know how up-to-date it is.  Hannah auditioned in 2019 but didn't make it past the first round.  She helped create, and danced for, the Carroll University Blaze dancers (which weren't that great and I don't know if they still exist).

• Like 2

Does anyone follow Emma Jones (Ryan)? She auditioned for the DCC a few times but never made it to TC. She was on the DS Ice Girls and Ok Thunder Girls and is a current Jacksonville Roar cheerleader. Just wondering if she's still married. Her current IG says Jones instead of Ryan (married name) and I don't see any pictures of her husband at all.

16 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Does anyone follow Emma Jones (Ryan)? She auditioned for the DCC a few times but never made it to TC. She was on the DS Ice Girls and Ok Thunder Girls and is a current Jacksonville Roar cheerleader. Just wondering if she's still married. Her current IG says Jones instead of Ryan (married name) and I don't see any pictures of her husband at all.

I do follow her she has a few pictures of them on her page most of their pictures together are on his page 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I do follow her she has a few pictures of them on her page most of their pictures together are on his page 

Glad to hear that. She seems very happy being a Roar cheerleader. One of the current Ice Angels is auditioning for the Roar this weekend.

(edited)
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Glad to hear that. She seems very happy being a Roar cheerleader. One of the current Ice Angels is auditioning for the Roar this weekend.

Found out who it was Ashley George also one of the ice angels is a finalist for Houston 

Edited by Holly85
43 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Found out who it was Ashley George also one of the ice angels is a finalist for Houston 

Ashley is the one I was referring to. Is she an HTC finalist for this year? I know she was in 2022.

3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Ashley is the one I was referring to. Is she an HTC finalist for this year? I know she was in 2022.

There is another ice Angel that is a finalist this year for HTC

7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Former dcc Kelsey is in the audtion process for raiderettes (second row in the green on the left on the end ) 

DD078FA4-19D0-4056-AAE9-613BDCD667A0.jpeg

The girl behind her looks like former Mavs dancer Jenifer.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Former dcc Kelsey is in the audtion process for raiderettes (second row in the green on the left on the end ) 

DD078FA4-19D0-4056-AAE9-613BDCD667A0.jpeg

I admire her persistence! She tried out for DCC 3 or 4 times before she made it, then got rejected by them post-pandemic, and now she is trying for the Raiderettes. I love that about her. Plus she has a self-deprecating sense of humor through it all while being so genetically blessed looks wise. Truthfully, I could have seen Kelsey as a DBC, I wonder if she tried for them?

• Like 6
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

I admire her persistence! She tried out for DCC 3 or 4 times before she made it, then got rejected by them post-pandemic, and now she is trying for the Raiderettes. I love that about her. Plus she has a self-deprecating sense of humor through it all while being so genetically blessed looks wise. Truthfully, I could have seen Kelsey as a DBC, I wonder if she tried for them?

Not sure if she has ever tried out for them 

• Like 2
On 5/10/2023 at 11:11 AM, dariafan said:

I don’t watch seasons 2-3 very much cause that Fergie song is my nemesis. But it always bugs me why oh why Brandi did you not cut those nails ????

You mean her stripper nails?  😄

I agree it was a little tacky, but I never understood why Kelli thought that curly hair + long nails = stripper.  

• Like 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:

I agree it was a little tacky, but I never understood why Kelli thought that curly hair + long nails = stripper.  

I agree. There were other girls on the team/in TC who had naturally curly hair (Courtney C, Nicole B, Sasha) and Kelli didn't make them straighten it. It seems like she was bugged by Brandi's look until the next season when they made her over. I always wondered if that could've been the reason why she didn't audition for a 2nd year. When she made the Laker Girls she got to keep her hair curly. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I thought Brandi was very respectful because if someone was saying I looked like a stripper, I'd have struggled to keep quiet! 

I preferred her curly hair, which gave her a distinctive look. She was silly not to cut her nails down a bit though. Long nails and pom poms don't go well together.

• Like 1

im-here-arrived.gif

I have officially read the entire thread and have thoroughly enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

I'm still salty as hell about Brennan, Lily, Hannah, and Meredith (and Lily being cut on the very last night the season before she made it with no previous office visit).

I have no words for how much grace Victoria was given, including blowing off Jinelle, the first season she tried out vs Dayton, in the very same season, being told "you will not make this team because of you're someone's daughter." Somewhere, Cassie is smiling...oh wait, she's probably not since she's not the smiley cheerleader (which tell me how that would fly with anyone else?) See also the "oh Victoria" giggle-gushing when she fell out of her turn and nearly on her face at prelims. Anyone else wouldn't have made semis. 

I still think it was crappy how Cassie was allowed to call out Taylor, for something she thought she heard someone say they thought they heard Taylor say, who wasn't even in her group. It was inappropriate and unprofessional not only to Taylor, but to Brittany, who was her GL, and whose face clearly says "WTF are  you doing right now?" Ally can take all the seats with her sycophantic "you say 'yes ma'am!'" Literally no one was talking to her or asking for her opinion but she wanted to kiss Cassie's ass. 

It was also annoying when Taylor was called into the office and Kelli asks what she thought of the exchange, which was pointless, because how was she supposed to react to that? Especially when Taylor does answer, Kelli snottily says "I don't really care about that exchange." So why ASK about it?

Taylor was young and sheltered and a bit bratty (which, maybe raise the audition age to 20-21 as for every Lacey, we get Taylor, Victoria, and Holly, et al) but I think she could have been a good dancer (her nerves, especially after the confrontation, got the best of her). Kelli also did her Tyra Banks levels of dirty with that awful choppy mullet haircut (should that be a Kel-over?) 

Although I will love forever Judy's comments after the office visit with Taylor (the grocery store visit episode) and her telling Kelli "we're just jealous" and them thinking Cheetos sounded pretty good. 

I'm sure I'll have more but have already written a novel. I'm so glad we still have these threads as snark aside, I really miss the show and have been rewatching seasons on Paramount+.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

See also the "oh Victoria" giggle-gushing when she fell out of her turn and nearly on her face at prelims. Anyone else wouldn't have made semis. 

Oh I don't know about that. In my recurring DCC dream not only do I make the team, I'm one of Kelli's favorites, and I can't even do a split 😂

• Applause 1
  • LOL 13
52 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Oh I don't know about that. In my recurring DCC dream not only do I make the team, I'm one of Kelli's favorites, and I can't even do a split 😂

That’s some non Gumby Taylor level confidence 😅

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 5/19/2023 at 9:41 AM, 88Keys said:

Yes, that made me laugh very hard. She's looking for 36 women to dance around on a football field wearing itty-bitty shorts, half a blouse, and go-go boots, and she's worried about one of them looking like a stripper . . . . 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
6 hours ago, BullInChina said:

Yes, that made me laugh very hard. She's looking for 36 women to dance around on a football field wearing itty-bitty shorts, half a blouse, and go-go boots, and she's worried about one of them looking like a stripper . . . . 

Everyone has a right to their opinion.  However, everything doesn’t need to be said particularly if it could hurt someone’s feelings.  That’s my issue with her comment.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 5/23/2023 at 10:19 AM, CountryGirl said:

im-here-arrived.gif

I have officially read the entire thread and have thoroughly enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

I'm still salty as hell about Brennan, Lily, Hannah, and Meredith (and Lily being cut on the very last night the season before she made it with no previous office visit).

I have no words for how much grace Victoria was given, including blowing off Jinelle, the first season she tried out vs Dayton, in the very same season, being told "you will not make this team because of you're someone's daughter." Somewhere, Cassie is smiling...oh wait, she's probably not since she's not the smiley cheerleader (which tell me how that would fly with anyone else?) See also the "oh Victoria" giggle-gushing when she fell out of her turn and nearly on her face at prelims. Anyone else wouldn't have made semis. 

I still think it was crappy how Cassie was allowed to call out Taylor, for something she thought she heard someone say they thought they heard Taylor say, who wasn't even in her group. It was inappropriate and unprofessional not only to Taylor, but to Brittany, who was her GL, and whose face clearly says "WTF are  you doing right now?" Ally can take all the seats with her sycophantic "you say 'yes ma'am!'" Literally no one was talking to her or asking for her opinion but she wanted to kiss Cassie's ass. 

It was also annoying when Taylor was called into the office and Kelli asks what she thought of the exchange, which was pointless, because how was she supposed to react to that? Especially when Taylor does answer, Kelli snottily says "I don't really care about that exchange." So why ASK about it?

Taylor was young and sheltered and a bit bratty (which, maybe raise the audition age to 20-21 as for every Lacey, we get Taylor, Victoria, and Holly, et al) but I think she could have been a good dancer (her nerves, especially after the confrontation, got the best of her). Kelli also did her Tyra Banks levels of dirty with that awful choppy mullet haircut (should that be a Kel-over?) 

Although I will love forever Judy's comments after the office visit with Taylor (the grocery store visit episode) and her telling Kelli "we're just jealous" and them thinking Cheetos sounded pretty good. 

I'm sure I'll have more but have already written a novel. I'm so glad we still have these threads as snark aside, I really miss the show and have been rewatching seasons on Paramount+.

Cassie should have never made it past semifinals & Victoria should have been cut after blowing of Jinelle! I will forever drag Cassie. Only because her response to Erica Wilkins's complaint to the Cowboys. Ma'am YOU of all people should keep your mouth shut. Your looks and dancing did not earn you a spot those 5 seasons. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
On 5/23/2023 at 9:57 PM, ByTor said:

I have a dream I make the team even though I can't jump or split. Although I was a cheerleader in HS for the one year I thought that would be a good idea.

I also have a recurring dream that I'm on Survivor and make it to the final tribal council but wake up before I can see if I won. Every dang time.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

In season 10 when they are doing the runway show. Cassie couldn’t walk l. And the first season Stephanie dibiasse was there and points to the back wall and tells the ladies “that could be you “ while pointing at the picture of Cassie“. I laugh and yell out “no because Judy doesn’t have another daughter in camp”.  

• LOL 5
On 5/23/2023 at 4:19 PM, CountryGirl said:

The thing is, this is what pisses me off, what people FORGET and actually IGNORE is, that scene in question, someone, naming no names - JUDY TRAMMELL - actually TOLD CASSIE to say whats on her mind out loud in front of everyone.

That scene in question, Judy was correcting Taylor, and then she (Judy) called Cassie out to comment. This was because (as Judy said in a talking head, said she) noticed that she noticed Cassie was making faces etc and looked like she was ITCHING to make a comment as Taylor was defending herself.  Cassie's exact words was "Really?? In front of everyone??"  The fact that Cassie asked those questions shows to me in my mind that she KNEW she shouldn't and didnt want to say anything in front of everyone because it was not the right place to say what she had to say. Judy's exact reply was "yes, say it, whatever you have to say, say it in front of everyone". 

I truly believe that Cassie would have told both Kelli and Judy about Taylor anyway, but and a big BUT she would have said it in private.

As for Britney, what did she want Cassie to do? Cassie was TOLD to say her opinion in front of everyone. Yes Cassie could've said no, I'll say it in private, but Judy would've carried on and told her to say it in front of everyone anyway.

The fact everyone forgets that Judy was the one who basically told Cassie to tell Taylor off in front of everyone is what pisses me off because why would Cassie question and say "really? in front of everyone?" She more than likely would have said something in private, judging by her reaction.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 5/27/2023 at 2:08 PM, Uk-Eve said:

The thing is, this is what pisses me off, what people FORGET and actually IGNORE is, that scene in question, someone, naming no names - JUDY TRAMMELL - actually TOLD CASSIE to say whats on her mind out loud in front of everyone.

I don't think anyone here is forgetting or ignoring Judy's part in this. Judy shares some of the blame as it was wrong for her to call on Cassie but I will never forget or ignore that it was Cassie who initiated this whole thing by acting like a child who needed to pee with her squirming around, dramatically holding her face as if she was a witness to an accident, and just her general facial expressions when they were talking to Taylor, clearly telegraphing "call on me!" If Cassie had just sat there, quietly listening, something every other vet, including Taylor's actual GL, Brittany, had no problem doing, Judy wouldn't have felt the need to call on her (the whole "I saw Cassie, just itching to say something.")

I also don't buy Cassie's fake shocked who-me? with her "really?" initial response to her mom asking her to say something. About something she heard third-hand. Not when you can see the smirk on her face as she's "laying down the law" when she says "you're the only one who doesn't know it at all." And notice how she looks around with that smirk before looking back at Taylor (who is standing to her left). Look at people when you are talking to them, Cassie. So unprofessional.

image.thumb.png.6dc2678711b7093fb5324a93ca42a2ff.png

Not to mention her statement is not even true. First, Taylor made some mistakes, which is not the same thing as not knowing the entire dance, and others made mistakes as well. So completely unnecessary.

Brittany's face, staring daggers at Cassie (who undermined Brittany, her teammate, for no good reason) is mine.

image.thumb.png.0e6e274ee655da8a0f102d7bf0bf523c.png

Cassie is practically gleeful in her TH, gloating how "someone has to be the bad guy sometimes." Judy egged her on in this regard, but the mean girl was always there with Cassie and if she had had any respect for Taylor, knowing what it was like to be a TCC and one with a huge leg up at that, and for Brittany and the other TCC and vets there, she should have politely declined and said "this isn't the right time or place for this" and saved it for the office visit or somewhere equally private. It is not that hard. Someone who claims to care about the team so much should have pulled Taylor aside, addressed it, and offered to help her. Or discussed with her actual GL, Brittany, to do the same. Not humiliate her in front of everyone - that is not behavior becoming of a leader or teammate. 

Part of me thinks it was all contrived for DRAMA, especially with suck-up Ally piling on with that little smirk at the end. And she was also ridiculous with her "instead of making excuses, just say 'thank you' and 'yes, ma'am.'" Taylor explaining how much she practiced is not her "making excuses," so other than kissing Cassie's ass, what was the point of Ally piling on?

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Has anyone ever noticed in Season 7, when they're at the stadium for the Big & Rich concert that it looks like Courtney Cook is up there in uniform with the rookies greeting the people as they came in?  Kelli never mentioned it, but I know no one else in the rookie class that season had that curly of blonde hair.  I wonder if they had her up there to help out the rookies since it was their first time greeting people?

Edited by tarheel220
  • Like 3
On 6/5/2023 at 4:34 PM, tarheel220 said:

Has anyone ever noticed in Season 7, when they're at the stadium for the Big & Rich concert that it looks like Courtney Cook is up there in uniform with the rookies greeting the people as they came in?  Kelli never mentioned it, but I know no one else in the rookie class that season had that curly of blonde hair.  I wonder if they had her up there to help out the rookies since it was their first time greeting people?

I’ve noticed it before and thought it was odd as she was iffy on timing on the field.  On that limited stage ????

• Like 2
On 5/24/2023 at 6:26 PM, WenD08 said:
On 5/24/2023 at 12:10 PM, BullInChina said:

Everyone has a right to their opinion.  However, everything doesn’t need to be said particularly if it could hurt someone’s feelings.  That’s my issue with her comment.  

Or how about Kelli telling Carissa after her makeover that she doesn't look trashy anymore? As if it were some kind of grand compliment.

• Like 3

Looks like Dayton will be bridesmaid for Sam Finglass wedding. But on her (Dayton) instagram, Sam was saying “I’m so excited that I get to do this with y’all and it’s” she then says something that I’ve no idea what because it sounds like she’s mumbling the following words. Can someone tell me what she said, if anyone can translate that mumbling. Thanks.

Not sure the deal but she sounds like she didn’t want to do that speech or be there or something

5 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Looks like Dayton will be bridesmaid for Sam Finglass wedding. But on her (Dayton) instagram, Sam was saying “I’m so excited that I get to do this with y’all and it’s” she then says something that I’ve no idea what because it sounds like she’s mumbling the following words. Can someone tell me what she said, if anyone can translate that mumbling. Thanks.

Not sure the deal but she sounds like she didn’t want to do that speech or be there or something

It sounded like "we've been dreaming about this day for so long and it's finally here" or something to that effect. Now I'm wondering when her wedding is and how Kelli is going to work it around training camp.

On 5/31/2023 at 8:18 AM, CountryGirl said:

I don't think anyone here is forgetting or ignoring Judy's part in this. Judy shares some of the blame as it was wrong for her to call on Cassie but I will never forget or ignore that it was Cassie who initiated this whole thing by acting like a child who needed to pee with her squirming around, dramatically holding her face as if she was a witness to an accident, and just her general facial expressions when they were talking to Taylor, clearly telegraphing "call on me!" If Cassie had just sat there, quietly listening, something every other vet, including Taylor's actual GL, Brittany, had no problem doing, Judy wouldn't have felt the need to call on her (the whole "I saw Cassie, just itching to say something.")

I also don't buy Cassie's fake shocked who-me? with her "really?" initial response to her mom asking her to say something. About something she heard third-hand. Not when you can see the smirk on her face as she's "laying down the law" when she says "you're the only one who doesn't know it at all." And notice how she looks around with that smirk before looking back at Taylor (who is standing to her left). Look at people when you are talking to them, Cassie. So unprofessional.

image.thumb.png.6dc2678711b7093fb5324a93ca42a2ff.png

Not to mention her statement is not even true. First, Taylor made some mistakes, which is not the same thing as not knowing the entire dance, and others made mistakes as well. So completely unnecessary.

Brittany's face, staring daggers at Cassie (who undermined Brittany, her teammate, for no good reason) is mine.

image.thumb.png.0e6e274ee655da8a0f102d7bf0bf523c.png

Cassie is practically gleeful in her TH, gloating how "someone has to be the bad guy sometimes." Judy egged her on in this regard, but the mean girl was always there with Cassie and if she had had any respect for Taylor, knowing what it was like to be a TCC and one with a huge leg up at that, and for Brittany and the other TCC and vets there, she should have politely declined and said "this isn't the right time or place for this" and saved it for the office visit or somewhere equally private. It is not that hard. Someone who claims to care about the team so much should have pulled Taylor aside, addressed it, and offered to help her. Or discussed with her actual GL, Brittany, to do the same. Not humiliate her in front of everyone - that is not behavior becoming of a leader or teammate. 

Brittany became my fave in that moment, she looks absolutely horrified. And don't even get me started on Ally Traylor, the two of them were so awful in that moment. Cassie being the ultimate mean girl bc her mommy is the choreographer and she can do no wrong and Ally with her head wedged so far up Cassie's butt. And yes, Taylor was slightly annoying but there was no need. I always thought Cassie secretly resented Taylor bc until that moment, Judy seemed rather enchanted with Taylor's spirit. Seeing Taylor's face and the tears in her eyes broke me... 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
On 5/27/2023 at 2:08 PM, Uk-Eve said:

That scene in question, Judy was correcting Taylor, and then she (Judy) called Cassie out to comment. This was because (as Judy said in a talking head, said she) noticed that she noticed Cassie was making faces etc and looked like she was ITCHING to make a comment as Taylor was defending herself.  Cassie's exact words was "Really?? In front of everyone??"  The fact that Cassie asked those questions shows to me in my mind that she KNEW she shouldn't and didnt want to say anything in front of everyone because it was not the right place to say what she had to say. Judy's exact reply was "yes, say it, whatever you have to say, say it in front of everyone". 

FWIW, this is not an accurate transcription of what was said in this segment.

Besides that, Cassie didn’t offer any actual dance critique or correction. She came down on Taylor for her behavior outside the studio. Not Taylor’s leader, not Cassie’s place to do so. 

• Like 6
9 hours ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

Is anyone having issues getting Pluto to work?

I watched it a lot yesterday (background noise at work) with no problems. But there are some days where it seems that none of the channels will play the shows. Like it won’t load or something.

On 6/18/2023 at 2:14 PM, TB12 said:

I always thought Cassie secretly resented Taylor bc until that moment, Judy seemed rather enchanted with Taylor's spirit. Seeing Taylor's face and the tears in her eyes broke me... 

14 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

This is so spot on!

I haven’t commented on here in awhile but I so strongly agree that I had to pop back on! I even mentioned it back on the TWOP forums when this season aired, but you put it much more eloquently @TB12  Judy genuinely seemed to like Taylor, and I think, coupled with her other transgressions, (whether they were real or imagined), it just fueled Cassie’s dislike for her. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2