Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 2/14/2023 at 5:31 PM, lilybell1425 said:

Unfortunately, because of the time it was on, I couldn’t watch any of it except the very last episode that I could watch while I was getting ready for work this morning. I haven’t seen any of this season, but the last episode was actually kind of sad the way Judy was so emotional talking at the end. I still don’t know anything about the rookies that season. I’ll need to catch it the next time around. 

It’s miles better than the horrid Botox commercials that run during EVERY commercial break, tho. The one with the woman is especially annoying! And there’s no escaping it. If you try to change the channel, it’ll be running on the next channel you pick. 🤬

8 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

I haven't seen the Botox commercial.  Mine has lately been running commercials for Heartland but yeah, I've noticed that if you change channels to try to avoid certain commercials, they'll pop up wherever.

So I recently learned this because I was researching advertising opportunities at my job: there are multi platform audio content entertainment companies that sell advertising on their various platforms, such as radio stations, podcasts, and streaming platforms, like Pluto TV. Their advertising is very specifically chosen to the viewer. You might be getting an advertisement because they utilized a geo-fence to target everyone in a specific area. So everyone in say Houston may get the same commercial for a car dealership. Or they might be using the Advertiser ID of your device to stream specific content to you based off of a number of factors like demographics, age, race, web pages you’ve visited, or your buying habits. It doesn’t matter what channel you’re on the streaming platform, if you change the channel, it’s going to still play the same commercials, for the most part.  I haven’t watched Pluto TV in a while but I bet if I did, I would end up getting ads for menopause. Lol. Good times.

Season 15 is where I stopped watching. I don’t have CMT so I’d have to purchase the season iTunes and I just couldn’t bring myself to waste the money. I may just suffer through those Pluto TV menopause commercials just to see. 

• Like 6
15 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

So I recently learned this because I was researching advertising opportunities at my job: there are multi platform audio content entertainment companies that sell advertising on their various platforms, such as radio stations, podcasts, and streaming platforms, like Pluto TV. Their advertising is very specifically chosen to the viewer. You might be getting an advertisement because they utilized a geo-fence to target everyone in a specific area. So everyone in say Houston may get the same commercial for a car dealership. Or they might be using the Advertiser ID of your device to stream specific content to you based off of a number of factors like demographics, age, race, web pages you’ve visited, or your buying habits. It doesn’t matter what channel you’re on the streaming platform, if you change the channel, it’s going to still play the same commercials, for the most part.  I haven’t watched Pluto TV in a while but I bet if I did, I would end up getting ads for menopause. Lol. Good times.

Season 15 is where I stopped watching. I don’t have CMT so I’d have to purchase the season iTunes and I just couldn’t bring myself to waste the money. I may just suffer through those Pluto TV menopause commercials just to see. 

Thanks for this! I had no idea.  I’m glad some of you are not seeing the Botox commercials because they are so incredibly annoying! And they are played at every commercial break.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 2/14/2023 at 7:52 AM, tarheel220 said:

I was just going to ask if anyone else noticed last night that Season 15 had been added. LOL!  Also, I'm getting annoyed with how Pluto has started running that incessant "We'll be right back" stuff between episodes when they used to run them one right after another.  I don't want to hear that noise over and over for 5 minutes or however long it is while waiting for the next episode.  

I'm just relieved the commercials have started to get better.  I tend to run Pluto for background noise when I'm doing other things, and they used to be positively MADDENING. 

We aren't in an election cycle now, huge help, but good grief they were so bad.  I mean, not bad enough for me to turn on Apple TV and just stream the seasons I've bought.  lol.  I need to google to see if there's a setting for "play the whole season at once and don't make me touch the remote every 40 minutes, please."

• Like 4

Season 15 is on again, and I wanted to see enough to get to know the newer cheerleaders, but I did not want to see the vets’ cuts. I unfortunately turned it on at the wrong time. Meredith‘s cut was just heartbreaking. 💔 I don’t wanna watch any more. 😭

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
On 1/25/2023 at 11:39 AM, lilybell1425 said:

And every time I see Season 2, I want to be Miranda James’ best friend. She is just so sincerely excited for Natalie Woods, it just touches my heart every time. 
I look forward to finally be able to participate in this forum!

During the judges’ discussion one year Miranda tried out, Jay said he didn’t think she’d fit in with the other girls. What the…? She’s a tall blonde who can kick. Why wouldn’t she fit in? 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

During the judges’ discussion one year Miranda tried out, Jay said he didn’t think she’d fit in with the other girls. What the…? She’s a tall blonde who can kick. Why wouldn’t she fit in? 

And so many of the girls knew her and seemed to like her, so that comment did not make sense. Now, what they showed of her dancing, especially on her turns in her one solo, did not show her to be great, so I can see why they didn’t pick her for training camp.

Speaking of solos, I wish they would have shown more of Christina Murphy’s solo (season 2) so we could see why Kitty got so emotional. They few seconds they did show looked like nothing special. I really wish the DCC would have followed her story throughout the season. I am fascinated by how she could have learned all the dances w/o hearing the music well. She only stayed one year, and I wish I knew why.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

Watching MTT...What year was it that Angela didn't make show group and ended up getting called out in rehearsal?

It was in 2015 (her 5th year) so I think that makes it season 10.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 2/18/2023 at 5:17 PM, lilybell1425 said:

Season 15 is on again, and I wanted to see enough to get to know the newer cheerleaders, but I did not want to see the vets’ cuts. I unfortunately turned it on at the wrong time. Meredith‘s cut was just heartbreaking. 💔 I don’t wanna watch any more. 😭

I had bought the season while it was airing, but by the time that episode was released five hours later, I had already read the forum and knew I would be too mad to watch.  So I didn't.  I forgot about it while I was streaming Pluto int he background this week, so saw the Brennan/Lily/Hannah cuts for the first time and was just so, so annoyed.

Tho somewhat less annoyed somehow than when I also saw this week the episode that Jalyn got cut from show group and they were super pissy that she managed to smile through it yet took a moment to herself in the restroom to gain composure before rehearsal.

Like hey, she just got fired from a job she really loved, let her take a moment without yelling at her that she's "toxic."  She just wanted to cry in peace.

• Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I had bought the season while it was airing, but by the time that episode was released five hours later, I had already read the forum and knew I would be too mad to watch.  So I didn't.  I forgot about it while I was streaming Pluto int he background this week, so saw the Brennan/Lily/Hannah cuts for the first time and was just so, so annoyed.

Tho somewhat less annoyed somehow than when I also saw this week the episode that Jalyn got cut from show group and they were super pissy that she managed to smile through it yet took a moment to herself in the restroom to gain composure before rehearsal.

Like hey, she just got fired from a job she really loved, let her take a moment without yelling at her that she's "toxic."  She just wanted to cry in peace.

I accidentally turned it on a couple days ago right when they were cutting Brennan. I had to quickly turn it off ☹️.

• Like 2
On 2/21/2023 at 6:53 AM, MrsEVH said:

It was in 2015 (her 5th year) so I think that makes it season 10.

It was. That was also the same SG audition that Kitty said Holly could do SG all by herself. 😂 Season 10 was one of my faves!

• Like 3

Maserati commercials !!!! Ugh !!!!  And those heartland commercials, I can’t hear what the man is even saying.    Back to the actUl show. There was an episode last night where the cover music was so loud you couldn’t hear Kelli or just talk.  They were at gillys. I think it was season 7 

On 2/24/2023 at 1:03 PM, kalibean said:

I get so ticked whenever they start complaining about Jayln going to the restroom.  I'm like "She probably had to go, give it a rest!" If she had been extremely upset, she would have bolted but as it was, she just looked like she was going to the bathroom for any other reason than to cry.  I liked how in her office visit, Kelli tried to catch her about it, but she gave a great reason and there was nothing Kelli could do about it.

• Like 7
7 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

I get so ticked whenever they start complaining about Jayln going to the restroom.  I'm like "She probably had to go, give it a rest!" If she had been extremely upset, she would have bolted but as it was, she just looked like she was going to the bathroom for any other reason than to cry.  I liked how in her office visit, Kelli tried to catch her about it, but she gave a great reason and there was nothing Kelli could do about it.

I just finished that season (the seasons all appear to be on Paramount + which I have, for now, for a few other shows) and I rolled my eyes even harder than I did the first time. Even if she needed to step away to compose herself, what is so wrong about that? She's human

It was also very hard to watch the end of the season and Lily and Meredith making the team, Lily especially, knowing what's coming in the next season. I'm still ticked off at them for cutting Lily, Hannah, and Brennan. Not as much for Meredith as she shouldn't have made the team in the first place, IMO, although cruel to let her make the team and then cut her after one season for newbies (some of whom were very good, but not all).

• Like 11
  • Love 1
(edited)

I’ve been doing my most-recent watch-through on Paramount+, too! Just got past the part in season 7 where Rainer from Premier Atelier argues with Kelli at Danielle’s makeover and then is never heard from again. 😂😂

Edited by allitator
  • LOL 8
On 3/2/2023 at 6:59 AM, allitator said:

I’ve been doing my most-recent watch-through on Paramount+, too! Just got past the part in season 7 where Rainer from Premier Atelier argues with Kelli at Danielle’s makeover and then is never heard from again. 😂😂

I always feel so bad for Danielle when she is put in the middle of that argument 😂

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I hit spoiler by mistake.   So I think we should refer to above mentioned Shelbi as Definitely Shelbi.   She did like that word !

Spoiler

Edited by dariafan
I’m a goof that hits the wrong things

Was just watching season 6 first training camp meeting episode and had to come here to express my shock at Stephanie G, one of the TCCs cut that year (she worked hard with Jay to tone up and had the question about cankles) wore a *strapless dress* to the first meeting. I remember folks went on for like a year or more over Kat's cut-out dress at interviews the year she was cut and was it out of bounds professional or not, but I was not on the boards back when I started watching the show, so if there was outcry over the strapless dress, I missed it. It even looked like the bodice was made out of sparkly stretch material, as in not for work.

Thoughts on the strapless sparkly dress for first meeting? What are your favorite/least favorite outfits we've seen on the show? 

Also, Karissa is in this episode trying to find a place to stay and get ready for first meeting, and she just melts my heart all over again. She just seems so sweet and hard working. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

Does anyone have any theories/opinions as to why Candice Cook didn’t make training camp  (peppy redhead with the military dad from Season 2 auditions)?? 🤷‍♀️

Wasn’t she on the short side ?

21 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

Does anyone have any theories/opinions as to why Candice Cook didn’t make training camp  (peppy redhead with the military dad from Season 2 auditions)?? 🤷‍♀️

I wish she had tried out for the KC Chiefs.  Had she made it, she could’ve tried again later to be a DCC.  She could’ve come back stronger with some experience under her belt.  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, dariafan said:

Wasn’t she on the short side ?

She definitely was but I didn’t think any shorter than …say…Mackenzie Lee or Kalli.  I could understand that different years they may be looking for “more of” or “less of” a particular type but I just felt she did great and had a great smile.  Of course she still could’ve been simply been out performed 🤷‍♀️

4 hours ago, WenD08 said:

I wish she had tried out for the KC Chiefs.  Had she made it, she could’ve tried again later to be a DCC.  She could’ve come back stronger with some experience under her belt.  

I mean the girl was doing back flips in her prelim! 😆  I agree that would’ve helped her.  Too bad she didn’t come back. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

She definitely was but I didn’t think any shorter than …say…Mackenzie Lee or Kalli.  I could understand that different years they may be looking for “more of” or “less of” a particular type but I just felt she did great and had a great smile.  Of course she still could’ve been simply been out performed 🤷‍♀️

I mean the girl was doing back flips in her prelim! 😆  I agree that would’ve helped her.  Too bad she didn’t come back. 

Season 2 and 3 sometimes I wonder what they were looking for 

• Like 3
On 3/8/2023 at 11:56 AM, dariafan said:

Season 2 and 3 sometimes I wonder what they were looking for 

Well, in Season 2 it is obviously they were looking for someone pretty, not someone who could do the choreography, kick, and do the splits (Loni). 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
On 3/8/2023 at 12:36 AM, WenD08 said:

Not sure if that had helped. Kelli never cared about other teams. She considers the DCC a league of its own and all other teams way below them. Many (former) dcc’s danced for other NFL teams or other big dance groups and such things never really seemed to impress Kelli. Quite a few, even team captains, didn’t even make it past semis. On occasion, Kelli was incredibly rude about them or even ridiculed them or the team they came from (How did they ever make that team? She can’t even kick or She’s sooo boring! To name a few typical Kelli remarks)

It always annoyed me as I think it’s highly unprofessional to publicly slate fellow NFL or NBA teams and their dancers. (The Jets and the Chiefs most notably) You cannot be a bad dancer if you made another team and if you made it to captain or pro bowl, you must at least be above average. you may not be a fit for DCC but that doesn’t make you bad.

There are quite a few that did make DCC after cheering for other teams of course, but again, that doesn’t necessarily make you great in Kelli’s eyes. A top dancer for her old team can be a nearly invisible DCC without show group and always hidden in the big triangle formation and group pictures.

Oh well, most of us out here often struggled to follow Kelli’s logic and decisions when it comes to such matters…So, to conclude: experience with another team might  help but guarantees nothing…

• Like 3
12 hours ago, LilyD said:

Not sure if that had helped. Kelli never cared about other teams. She considers the DCC a league of its own and all other teams way below them. Many (former) dcc’s danced for other NFL teams or other big dance groups and such things never really seemed to impress Kelli. Quite a few, even team captains, didn’t even make it past semis. On occasion, Kelli was incredibly rude about them or even ridiculed them or the team they came from (How did they ever make that team? She can’t even kick or She’s sooo boring! To name a few typical Kelli remarks)

It always annoyed me as I think it’s highly unprofessional to publicly slate fellow NFL or NBA teams and their dancers. (The Jets and the Chiefs most notably) You cannot be a bad dancer if you made another team and if you made it to captain or pro bowl, you must at least be above average. you may not be a fit for DCC but that doesn’t make you bad.

There are quite a few that did make DCC after cheering for other teams of course, but again, that doesn’t necessarily make you great in Kelli’s eyes. A top dancer for her old team can be a nearly invisible DCC without show group and always hidden in the big triangle formation and group pictures.

Oh well, most of us out here often struggled to follow Kelli’s logic and decisions when it comes to such matters…So, to conclude: experience with another team might  help but guarantees nothing…

I agree. Never understood why some girls from other pro teams never even made it to semis/finals, or TC. I always thought any pro dance/cheer experience was better than none at all. Yet some girls with none made the team over those who did.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I agree. Never understood why some girls from other pro teams never even made it to semis/finals, or TC. I always thought any pro dance/cheer experience was better than none at all. Yet some girls with none made the team over those who did.

I've always thought this was a weird one. Whilst my faves are usually the best dancers, I'd say a DCC's season is predominantly appearances, much more than dancing. Wouldn't you want those with experiences of meeting the general public in a cheerleading capacity? You can be the best dancer the team's ever had but if you can't hold a conversation well, there's no point in being a cheerleader.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I've always thought this was a weird one. Whilst my faves are usually the best dancers, I'd say a DCC's season is predominantly appearances, much more than dancing. Wouldn't you want those with experiences of meeting the general public in a cheerleading capacity? You can be the best dancer the team's ever had but if you can't hold a conversation well, there's no point in being a cheerleader.

SO true. Any former dancer/cheerleader would have had to make some appearances in public. Whether you were on the Texans, Mavs, Legends, Ice Girls, Ice Angels, or Sidekicks, you'd have some experience with it. 

• Like 5
On 3/16/2023 at 8:32 PM, LilyD said:

My thinking was that a dancer could use their experience having cheered for     the X and bring their skill set to auditions.  Not that I would want the dancer to brag or just talk up their time on X squad.  I know neither K/J would be impressed by such.  CCook did get to finals so she had something but just not enough.  Oh well.  No, she wasn’t the only one. 

On 3/16/2023 at 7:32 PM, LilyD said:

I absolutely agree with you, but to be fair, I've seen some reeeeeeeal weak dancers on Pro Bowl footage.  Sometimes their choreo is truly bad tho, and it's some DCC magic to make it look okay. 

Kelli's rudeness is ridiculous and petty tho.  

• Like 8
14 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Watching season 12 on PlutoTv and you guys...I kinda like the "we own the night" song.  What is wrong with me?  😄

I’ve Shazammed the man on a mission song 😄

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 3/25/2023 at 11:28 PM, 88Keys said:

Watching season 12 on PlutoTv and you guys...I kinda like the "we own the night" song.  What is wrong with me?  😄

If you start telling us you love the FAX song, then we'll know something is truly wrong!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 12/18/2022 at 1:28 PM, dariafan said:

Item 1. I finally made it to dcc TikTok.   
item 2. For the love of Chadder kellie, just let the vets get a larger size short.  No one is gonna know someone got a medium instead of small 

Agreed! No one's body is going to stay the same especially if you audition at 24 and retire at 28. They need to stop focusing on the number on the scale.

• Like 4
On 10/23/2022 at 3:19 PM, sATL said:

on the schooling side - I wonder how many credit hours they are taking ? Most universities and/or scholarship/financial aid require at least 12 (4 core classes) to be considered full time undergrad.

Then most freshman schedules (unless one APed stuff in) you would have a English composition (readings and papers), a pre-calculus or higher math course, some kind of history course (readings and papers) and a natural science course - heaven forbid if is pre-med based. That's enough to keep a person busy 30-40 hours a week.

Milan didn't want to be considered for show group because she didn't want the extra dcc commitment to take away from her studying. She said in a podcast that Kitty was awful to her about it. They edited it to make it seem like everyone supported her decision. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
On 3/30/2023 at 2:01 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Agreed! No one's body is going to stay the same especially if you audition at 24 and retire at 28. They need to stop focusing on the number on the scale.

Right? If there's no jiggle and you look fine in the uniform, who cares?

• Like 4
On 4/8/2023 at 11:49 AM, dariafan said:

Tasha season 11 and Loren season 9 taking about “I’ve always been blond”.  Girlfriends, we can see the roots !!!

Loren looked 100 times better with the dark hair. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
5 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Loren looked 100 times better with the dark hair. 

She did and later went to being a redhead. After leaving the DCC she went back to being a blonde.