Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

I have no idea how that woman Jennifer even had a job as a hairstylist because she looked like crap and what she did to Lauren looked …😑.

Was Jennifer the woman Loren shot daggers at when she said "a brown bob"? 😂

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Was Jennifer the woman Loren shot daggers at when she said "a brown bob"? 😂

That’s the one!  Then I remember she came to rehersal to admire the travesty she bestowed upon poor Loren.   And bless DJ Guthrie’s lil heart for saying he liked it.

DJ Guthrie is a sweet guy and very admired but his was the guest choreo i disliked the most.  It just looked like a bunch of haunched over sneaking around on tiptoes type moves.  It must be so hard for these choreographers to come up with interesting stuff these days when it seems like everything has already been done.

• Like 2
On 9/3/2023 at 1:20 AM, JarlenaFan2023 said:

I was just on Youtube looking for something and had this video "suggested".  Not sure how old it is.  I didn't realize that the players (both teams it looked like) were on the field warming up when the DCC danced pregame.  Looked like a couple of the girls in the back (visitor's side) almost got run over by a player practicing or someone throwing the ball.  I'd be quite irritated! 

The team looks great! And I know Kelli and Judy were beaming that no one even wavered for a second in their lines or the whole routine with distractions so close. I had to LOL a little at the way some of those players were looking around and walking so slowly as they were being approached by and then were surrounded by DCC. They were more appropriate in ceding the center field to DCC than that other player mentioned above and below back in Sydney's day. Guess that's just part of what Kelli was always talking about when she said they have major distractions around them when they're on the field and sidelines. I am very impressed with how good the team looked, but I will say some kicks looked a little heavy (not Jada's, of course!).

On 9/7/2023 at 2:30 AM, go4luca said:

That is SO rude!  😡

Yes, the kicker who insisted on staying on the field and getting in the way was very rude! Unsportsmanlike and unprofessional, one might say, even though I'm sure he felt his man-work was more important than what the DCC were doing. Sydney handled it like a pro and I'm glad no one got hurt. 

• Like 3
On 9/6/2023 at 12:33 AM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

That would have been something interesting they could have mentioned on the show. Along with just getting the intro/dance perfect, you have to be aware of the players on the field with balls flying all over the place! Lol 

I’m sure they did when the cameras were not rolling. You do not want to admit on national tv that your elite dance team isn’t getting the stage to themselves.
They’re doing their iconic dance routine while players doing a warming up session around them. I hate it, as it definitely doesn’t do justice to the show element on game day)

As for rude players/players not paying attention: There have been several incidents where dancing DCC’s got run over by players on the field. The Melissa Kellerman/Jason Witten incident immediately comes to mind.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, LilyD said:

I’m sure they did when the cameras were not rolling. You do not want to admit on national tv that your elite dance team isn’t getting the stage to themselves.
They’re doing their iconic dance routine while players doing a warming up session around them. I hate it, as it definitely doesn’t do justice to the show element on game day)

As for rude players/players not paying attention: There have been several incidents where dancing DCC’s got run over by players on the field. The Melissa Kellerman/Jason Witten incident immediately comes to mind.

I believe that incident was off the field and she had her back turned to him and didn’t see him coming. Can I get an affirmation from some others who were on the site when it actually happened? I have slept since then so perhaps I have remembered it incorrectly.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I believe that incident was off the field and she had her back turned to him and didn’t see him coming. Can I get an affirmation from some others who were on the site when it actually happened? I have slept since then so perhaps I have remembered it incorrectly.

Yeah that's what happened. I'm confused about why they were dancing during a play and had their backs to the field. But really this happens all the time during games and if you're on the sidelines you need to be aware of the play to avoid it. It won't let me post a link but if you just search "Jason Witten runs into a cheerleader" it comes right up.

ETA: I want to clarify that players run out of bounds all the time and anyone--not just the cheerleaders--needs to be aware of what's happening.

Edited by MaryWebGirl
  • Like 2
On 9/16/2023 at 8:54 AM, M1977G said:

I am very impressed with how good the team looked, but I will say some kicks looked a little heavy (not Jada's, of course!).

I've never really understood the fuss K&J make over the kicks.  On the show, they will point out a rookie's kicks being "low," but I usually look at the vets who are around them.  Often, their kicks are about the same height.  Let's be real; most of the cheerleaders just can't do the "kick to the nose" like Lacey could.  

• Like 5

I agree @88Keys. While the "to-the-nose" kicks are impressive, they make the line look sloppy when not everyone else is kicking that high. If they want to look precise it would be better to go the Rockette-height route.

• Like 1

When I work from home I always have MTT on in the background. Today I asked "Alexa" to play Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Alexa said "Playing Pluto Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders." Does even ALEXA think they cheer for only one Cowboy??

• LOL 16

Do any of y’all do the NYT Mini Crossword daily? I have a group text with my bestie, our moms, my aunt and her daughter where we share our Wordle results and the mini. Mom and aunt are annoyed at how tough it is today, so I coffee up and jump in. 

Dying deceased at six and eight across:

Spoiler

With 8-Across, experience surreal awareness while sleeping

Thanks, Viv! This moment lives rent free in my head apparently.  Had to share here with someone who would appreciate it and not curse my fast time bc of my trivia brain 🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

Do any of y’all do the NYT Mini Crossword daily? I have a group text with my bestie, our moms, my aunt and her daughter where we share our Wordle results and the mini. Mom and aunt are annoyed at how tough it is today, so I coffee up and jump in. 

Dying deceased at six and eight across:

Hide contents

With 8-Across, experience surreal awareness while sleeping

Thanks, Viv! This moment lives rent free in my head apparently.  Had to share here with someone who would appreciate it and not curse my fast time bc of my trivia brain 🤣🤣

I had the same thought!!!!  I've certainly heard that term before but now I always think of Vivian.

Currently watching season 12. Unpopular opinion...I don't understand what was "harsh" or "older looking" about Katelyn. Maybe it's tv lighting, but to me her hair looks dark brown, not jet black; plus, I thought it looked like it was her natural color & not dyed dark. She had such a pretty face and those great kicks, I always get sad when I see her!!

• Like 7
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Currently watching season 12. Unpopular opinion...I don't understand what was "harsh" or "older looking" about Katelyn. Maybe it's tv lighting, but to me her hair looks dark brown, not jet black; plus, I thought it looked like it was her natural color & not dyed dark. She had such a pretty face and those great kicks, I always get sad when I see her!!

I got very defensive when they chatted about her hair because mine is the same colour! The only note I had was maybe it was a tad long, she looks great with long hair but a couple of inches shorter could've made it less harsh (like Jinelle's). I've no idea what they were talking about her looking old, it's not like she looked 70 or something. I was rooting for her to watch the show back and return the following year.

• Like 6
(edited)
27 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I've no idea what they were talking about her looking old

I know, what the hell were they talking about? I thought the exact opposite that they did, I thought she very much looked like an early 20-something.

Oh and speaking of jet black hair, I think Maddie would have looked fine with her 1st TC black hair if she wore it in the same curly style she wore the following year. 

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I could not figure out why they didn't take her into training camp. She was tall, had long limbs, and those kicks! They only thing I can figure is that SOMEONE (of the LSU girls) said some shit that kept her out. Because that should have been a help - like Keyra - but they were like just like, we don't like her hair! They made Loren from highlighter blonde to dark brunette when they didn't like her hair, so why not even try?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
On 10/23/2023 at 12:37 PM, tarheel220 said:

Tyce D'Orio and his partner, Melanie, are in my town for the next couple of weeks at the local theater.  They did the choreography for the theater's production of "The Addams Family Musical"/

Not tryin’ to be a hater here but, I am one that never really liked all the weird ass choreographers that we’re brought in.  I know they are super talented people… but just gimme Michelle Keys and Denise DiCharry all day any day.  Oh and Ka$h too.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
On 11/4/2023 at 8:03 PM, StepKickClunk said:

Not tryin’ to be a hater here but, I am one that never really liked all the weird ass choreographers that we’re brought in.  I know they are super talented people… but just gimme Michelle Keys and Denise DiCharry all day any day.  Oh and Ka$h too.

Tyce Diorio killed me. Reminded me of Sparky Polastri from Bring It On.

"I dont KNOW you, but I know you have the magic."  Whaaa???? ;)

image.png.3236836150096d8ec97f27c98017c881.png

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
On 10/20/2023 at 4:46 PM, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I could not figure out why they didn't take her into training camp. She was tall, had long limbs, and those kicks! They only thing I can figure is that SOMEONE (of the LSU girls) said some shit that kept her out. Because that should have been a help - like Keyra - but they were like just like, we don't like her hair! They made Loren from highlighter blonde to dark brunette when they didn't like her hair, so why not even try?

IIRC there was *totally unfounded speculation* on here like that, that there was some issue with her that they didn't address on the show, like a recommendation wasn't good or one of the DCC LSU girls had bad things to say about her that swayed Kelli and Judy. Again, this was all speculation, but I always thought it made sense, because she was such an excellent dancer and kicker and a great candidate for a makeover--just cutting her because judges didn't yet love her look seems like a hard sell for me. Especially knowing how much Kelli loves a dramatic makeover!

• Like 6
20 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Tyce Diorio killed me. Reminded me of Sparky Polastri from Bring It On.

"I dont KNOW you, but I know you have the magic."  Whaaa???? ;)

image.png.3236836150096d8ec97f27c98017c881.png

I've watched that movie over and over again, but only recently did I realize that that guy looks like a discount version of Tom Cruise.  

I like the guest choreographers because its nice to see the girls do something besides power pom all the time.  But some guests and their dances are better than others.  I didn't like the guy who made them do the routine to "What a Girl Wants."  Or rather, I didn't like the choreo.  It was weird and jerky and I can see why many of them struggled with it.  

• LOL 1
On 11/5/2023 at 2:03 AM, StepKickClunk said:

See, as a dancer, I love the guest choreographers. I get a bit bored of seeing the same old Judy choreography and like it when they mix it up. They're some of the best choreographers in the industry so it's pretty cool to be able to take a class from them. Potentially, they could even hire you if you're really good at their style! To each their own :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 11/9/2023 at 2:02 AM, DCC-UK said:

See, as a dancer, I love the guest choreographers. I get a bit bored of seeing the same old Judy choreography and like it when they mix it up. They're some of the best choreographers in the industry so it's pretty cool to be able to take a class from them. Potentially, they could even hire you if you're really good at their style! To each their own :) 

Same.  Plus you get to see just how versatile & well trained some of them are.  It's easy for a dancer to lose some training & technique when not being challenged doing less advanced choreo (ie: DCC style).  I think the guest choreographers help keep the ladies current and perhaps a bit challenged.  Just my 2 cents worth as a former dancer.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Same.  Plus you get to see just how versatile & well trained some of them are.  It's easy for a dancer to lose some training & technique when not being challenged doing less advanced choreo (ie: DCC style).  I think the guest choreographers help keep the ladies current and perhaps a bit challenged.  Just my 2 cents worth as a former dancer.

I like how you get to see different people shine too. I'm currently rewatching season 12 on UK television and at least they try to get some variety. There's usually at least one hip-hop and one lyrical/contemporary guest choreographer in each season (on the show at least).

I think especially for the vets, it must be a bit boring to keep dancing the same old pom routines year on year. At least they bring in a bit of change! Plus it must save the girls some money by not having to go to other studios to work on other dance styles!

• Like 3
(edited)

UK friends, season 15 is finally airing over here on Sunday morning on MTV. Looks like it's being repeated on weekday mornings too. We can finally watch it on a TV screen rather than a dodgy illegal stream online!

Edited by DCC-UK
Got the wrong day!
2 hours ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

Watching the current season on Pluto.  Kelli was using a "scooter" and looked like she was favoring a leg.  Anyone know what happened to her?

I think she said she tripped over her dog.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

That's funny but it's not :) LOL.. Pup's name is Sugar right?

Yes, Kelli's dog was Sugar.

Sugar passed away sometime this past year. 

• Sad 2

OK so call me  WAY behind.  I just saw the episode where Alora-Rose was
"released" for trying out for the Rockettes.  How do we feel about this?  Did it seem like K&J (especially K) were giving her the chance to stay with the DCC or were they gonna cut her regardless of the outcome of the "office visit"?  Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this.

A lot of people apply for other jobs while working at their current one. However, in that situation you'll just be replaced. In DCC world, if Alora found out she made Rockettes during football season, there's no replacing her and they'd be down 1 person. I also think it didn't help that she initially lied about it. I think the cut was justified. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@ByTor I was just going to say the same thing. The real world and DCC world are very different. It was probably the fact that she was sneaky about it, considering her teammates obviously knew about it. You know Kelli hates it when people use DCC as a stepping stone (I mean they're only there for a few years and then what?). I liked Alora Rose (solid, technical dancer) but her heart was never 100% dedicated to DCC and Kelli hates that. Most only auditioned during that year because it was the only dance job available!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

@ByTor I was just going to say the same thing. The real world and DCC world are very different. It was probably the fact that she was sneaky about it, considering her teammates obviously knew about it. You know Kelli hates it when people use DCC as a stepping stone (I mean they're only there for a few years and then what?). I liked Alora Rose (solid, technical dancer) but her heart was never 100% dedicated to DCC and Kelli hates that. Most only auditioned during that year because it was the only dance job available!

TCC Shannan told Kelli during her cut that DCC wasn't her first choice. She's now  a Dallas Stars Ice Girl. https://www.nhl.com/stars/fans/ice-girls/bios#photos_ac08f1bb-07ac-4f03-a1de-ef001b2ef829-22

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

@MrsEVH I gave you the laugh reaction because it was so funny how FLOORED Kelli and Judy were when she was like "Oh I'm cut? OK, bye"😂 

Edited by ByTor
  • LOL 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

@MrsEVH I gave you the laugh reaction because it was so funny for FLOORED Kelli and Judy were when she was like "Oh I'm cut? OK, bye"😂 

I loved it when she said something like "Are we done" or "Is that all?" The look on Kelli's face. I think she had a chance to work on a cruise ship and that was canceled because of Covid.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I think she had a chance to work on a cruise ship and that was canceled because of Covid.

Yes, that was her plan!

(edited)

Thank you @DCC-UK for alerting me to the fact that making the team is on MTV! As you say, it’s been great to watch on a TV as opposed to a dodgy internet stream. 

So we’re on season 13 atm which I love for the rookies (Hannah, Bridget, Jalyn, Ashlee, Erin, Brennan, Cianna, Gabby … honestly I love this class). 

Interestingly, they’ve edited out VK’s weight conversations. You see her in the office with Jinelle, and you only see her say “I’d love to empty my brain into yours”, Kitty who says “Give her the respect” but they’ve completely cut the actual weight conversation. So if you were a first time viewer you’d have no idea what Kitty meant with her respect comment. 

Wondered if US TV/Pluto has done the same thing? Or if that’s just UK/MTV editing? 

Edited by DocBrown
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
18 hours ago, DocBrown said:

Thank you @DCC-UK for alerting me to the fact that making the team is on MTV! As you say, it’s been great to watch on a TV as opposed to a dodgy internet stream. 

So we’re on season 13 atm which I love for the rookies (Hannah, Bridget, Jalyn, Ashlee, Erin, Brennan, Cianna, Gabby … honestly I love this class). 

Interestingly, they’ve edited out VK’s weight conversations. You see her in the office with Jinelle, and you only see her say “I’d love to empty my brain into yours”, Kitty who says “Give her the respect” but they’ve completely cut the actual weight conversation. So if you were a first time viewer you’d have no idea what Kitty meant with her respect comment. 

Wondered if US TV/Pluto has done the same thing? Or if that’s just UK/MTV editing? 

The last time I watched in the USA those complete scenes were there.  I did notice at the dining etiquette scene where I thought the lady had Victoria stand up and then tell her that the pink dress was inappropriate was cut.  That scene was definitely removed.  

18 hours ago, DocBrown said:

nterestingly, they’ve edited out VK’s weight conversations. You see her in the office with Jinelle, and you only see her say “I’d love to empty my brain into yours”, Kitty who says “Give her the respect” but they’ve completely cut the actual weight conversation. So if you were a first time viewer you’d have no idea what Kitty meant with her respect comment. 

No the Victoria weight discussion is still on Pluto last I saw. Any editing like that would be new.
Wow. I like Victoria fine and all, but it does seem like she gets special treatment. I don't think they would have done that for any other DCC/TCC. 

• Like 1