Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

Much has been said about the infamous Cassie-Taylor confrontation and yes, you're absolutely right about Queen Cassie. She was in no position to say what she said and it was appalling to see how she enjoyed bashing Taylor.

Taylor received quite a bit of goodwill from this forum over the years, but I'm struggling to see what some of you are seeing. I see an immature and rude girl with little respect for authority. And what annoyed me most, was her general attitude toward Training Camp. The way she shrugged off advice or blatantly ignored it was annoying and it must have been terrible to those who were taking camp very seriously. 

Cassie ranks high in my top 10 of least favorite MTT candidates, but I'm afraid Taylor is not far behind...

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Taylor received quite a bit of goodwill from this forum over the years, but I'm struggling to see what some of you are seeing. I see an immature and rude girl with little respect for authority. And what annoyed me most, was her general attitude toward Training Camp. The way she shrugged off advice or blatantly ignored it was annoying and it must have been terrible to those who were taking camp very seriously. 

I thought she was super-annoying.  Basically they both suck :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Poor Karen in season 10.   She looked young ( I know she was young but those looked younger ). They didn’t cut enough of her hair off in makeovers and people here have mentioned her crooked smile.  I don’t catch that as much as her left eye does something weird 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, dariafan said:

Poor Karen in season 10.   She looked young ( I know she was young but those looked younger ). They didn’t cut enough of her hair off in makeovers and people here have mentioned her crooked smile.  I don’t catch that as much as her left eye does something weird 

Jesus forgive me… but yeah.. it’s kind of like the Shannen Doherty asymmetrical/crooked face thing… “not HD friendly”, in the words of CJA.    

I really liked Karen’s spunk!  And as far as tiny girls on the end of the kick line goes, I thought Mandy Correa (Season 5 I think) would have been great vs. someone like poor tiny Karen. I felt like Mandy should have made it that year…. even over Stephanie Heyman.  There were a few that should have, IMO, made it over Stephanie that year. I’m thinking of Schramm and Mandy specifically. 

• Like 5

Also… you guys… ugh 😒 how did I not know until yesterday that sweet Cathleen Williams (Season 4 TCC) had passed in 2020 (very early 2020)? 💔🕊️  Heartbreaking.  All I saw was that she passed from a “short illness”. 

• Sad 9
14 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

Jesus forgive me… but yeah.. it’s kind of like the Shannen Doherty asymmetrical/crooked face thing… “not HD friendly”, in the words of CJA.    

I really liked Karen’s spunk!  And as far as tiny girls on the end of the kick line goes, I thought Mandy Correa (Season 5 I think) would have been great vs. someone like poor tiny Karen. I felt like Mandy should have made it that year…. even over Stephanie Heyman.  There were a few that should have, IMO, made it over Stephanie that year. I’m thinking of Schramm and Mandy specifically. 

Totally agree about Mandy 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

Also… you guys… ugh 😒 how did I not know until yesterday that sweet Cathleen Williams (Season 4 TCC) had passed in 2020 (very early 2020)? 💔🕊️  Heartbreaking.  All I saw was that she passed from a “short illness”. 

I get sad whenever I see "Scream!!!!"

• Sad 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

Did blond haired Emily Claire (Season 7 rookie) get cut or decide not to re-audition for her 2nd year?

She decided not to audition again. I followed her on Twitter when she was a DCC. She posted something about not turning  down an opportunity. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Not sure what thread to put this under, but Phil has passed away.

It's really shocking, and so sad 😔😢

https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/news/phil-whitfield-the-man-with-the-keys-to-jerry-world-dies/

(credit to Reddit for the news link)

1 minute ago, Jazzmom said:

Very sad.  Phil was always trying to calm the anxiety of the cheerleaders during the long wait times.  

Edited by Jazzmom
Fyi
  • Sad 2
(edited)

I loved Phil! He was the highlight of the show for me and the only reason I watched the COVID season at all.  When it comes on now on Pluto, I watch the beginning for him and the last episode. I refuse to watch the ones where they released Brennan, Lily, Meredith and Hannah and were so callous about it.

Edited by tarheel220
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 3
(edited)
On 7/23/2023 at 5:02 PM, MrsEVH said:

She decided not to audition again. I followed her on Twitter when she was a DCC. She posted something about not turning  down an opportunity. 

What is her twitter and instagram? 

Damn no more Phil? So sad to hear. My favourite memory of him was Jackie Bob Pearson’s penultimate season where she did say “this is my last season and I got a very special surprise for my teammates and coaches” and basically had Phill come in and “use” him as her prop  for her audition etc.

And if I was to judge it by some post I saw, (Shelley’s) it seems that it’s also Phil’s birthday on Saturday. So sad!

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Sad 3
13 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Damn no more Phil? So sad to hear. My favourite memory of him was Jackie Bob Pearson’s penultimate season where she did say “this is my last season and I got a very special surprise for my teammates and coaches” and basically had Phill come in and “use” him as her prop  for her audition etc.

Jackie Bob posted a bit of that on her Instagram yesterday. Such a sweet memory. 

• Like 4

Phil grew in his role going from a great security guard to an Ambassador of the stadium & its art. He will be remembered for his generous spirit & his kindness. He is probably welcoming people into Heaven now. He was one of a kind & is irreplaceable. Come on in!

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Jackie Bob posted a bit of that on her Instagram yesterday. Such a sweet memory. 

Yea she did but only after I said it. I said it on here and on ig, literally tagged Jackie in the conversation. Some fan was talking about her audition and I literally tagged Jackie and she replied to my tagging her and I also said to her she or the cowboys should have her audition played on loop at his funeral and literally right after I said it, alot of current and former dcc started having her audition posted.

Pretty sure I started that if someone wanted to dig around and look at the time stamp when I mentioned it to Jackie and the time stamp of when they all started posting it 😂

Edited by Uk-Eve

I honestly don't care who was first or who said what when.  The sad fact is an incredibly bright light has left the planet.  There will never be another Phil. 

I wonder if he ever really knew how much he made people smile.  I sure hope he did. 🌟

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
On 7/28/2023 at 10:45 AM, cherryblossom said:

He is probably welcoming people into Heaven now. He was one of a kind & is irreplaceable. Come on in!

awww I love this

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 10

They’re finally broadcasting earlier seasons where I live. (6 was the earliest I ever watched) Am currently watching season 4 and the film quality baffles me. It’s not sharp and slightly blurry.
Has anyone else experienced this too?  At first I thought it had to do with having a 4K tv and older film, but my husband pointed out that we watch lots of stuff that is pre-2010  and they’re not nearly as bad as this. 

• Like 1
On 7/18/2023 at 10:30 AM, StepKickClunk said:

from what?? I mean to be so young.... covid - before we know what covid could/did do?

On 7/27/2023 at 10:38 PM, edie3 said:

I hope the organization honors him in a very special way.

and his family. I mean Phil brought a smile to us all and really cared and represented the cowboys organization. His widow and children should really be never be forgotten. sound like most of his working life and alot of his life was with the cowboys

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, sATL said:

from what?? I mean to be so young.... covid - before we know what covid could/did do?

No idea. I dug around a little, but couldn’t come up with anything. I know it’s not appropriate to speculate, but definitely she was young and didn’t seem to fit that early Covid demographic. But who knows? I’m certainly not one to say either way. It could’ve been covid bc it seems short/sudden/vague.  Her Instagram gave no clues. She was a wedding planner. Since she didn’t make the team, it wasn’t like there was any DCC posting about it, from what I could see. It didn’t seem like she was close with a lot of DCC like someone like Ashley Kelly, who also didn’t make a team, is.  

I noticed in one pic (maybe it was in Jackie Bob’s reel) that Phil seemed to have dropped a lot of weight.  My husband doesn’t follow the DCC but he is a huge Dallas Cowboys fan and I had mentioned to him about Phil’s passing and he said he heard about it which I found interesting just being a fan on the football side. A testament to how popular Phil was, his fan reach was far and wide. 💔

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 2
10 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

Shannan Slattery from Season 15 (the Bubble) is now a rookie for the DSIG, along with her former TCC's:  Claire Doolin and Cassie Schroeder.

1-rookies.jpg

1-team..jpg

I loved it during her cut when she told Kelli & Judy that DCC was her 2nd choice. She was supposed to dance on a cruise ship but Coivd halted that. One 4th year vet Emily was cut at finals. Emily (former IG Emmy Shymmy) had auditioned for the DCC 2 or 3 times but never made it to TC.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Does anyone know when and why they switched to the Tangerine Hair salon?

I just stumbled upon the makeover episode of season 7. There was this very awkward moment between Kelli and Rainer when discussing Danielle's hair. They were disagreeing about hair color and the tension was palpable. Rainer looked pretty pissed off at one point, telling Kelli not to complain if Danielle didn't look good...

I just wonder whether this was the beginning of the end for them and one of the reasons why they switched to Tangerine?

19 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Good to see some of the greats…Holly!!! 

It's seriously hard to watch anyone else when Holly is there.

Kinda wish we could see the whole routine.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

Does anyone know when and why they switched to the Tangerine Hair salon?

I just stumbled upon the makeover episode of season 7. There was this very awkward moment between Kelli and Rainer when discussing Danielle's hair. They were disagreeing about hair color and the tension was palpable. Rainer looked pretty pissed off at one point, telling Kelli not to complain if Danielle didn't look good...

I just wonder whether this was the beginning of the end for them and one of the reasons why they switched to Tangerine?

Yes, that was the last time we saw Rainer.  I believe there was at least one or maybe 2 salons used after Rainer left and then they hired Tangerine.  I preferred Rainer’s makeovers.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Yes, that was the last time we saw Rainer.  I believe there was at least one or maybe 2 salons used after Rainer left and then they hired Tangerine.  I preferred Rainer’s makeovers.

I personality wise like Johnny when they went to halcyon salon. Not the Jennifer woman   And the man who had to give Claire the floor hair color 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:

In that video, who is the girl at the :45 mark?  Is that Lawsuit Erica?

I believe that's Jax. Erica is joint lead with Jenna, with the black and white checked shirt around her waist.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dariafan said:

I personality wise like Johnny when they went to halcyon salon. Not the Jennifer woman   And the man who had to give Claire the floor hair color 

Floor hair1  Lots of shades of red, brown, and caramel. Beautiful.

• LOL 1

I was just on Youtube looking for something and had this video "suggested".  Not sure how old it is.  I didn't realize that the players (both teams it looked like) were on the field warming up when the DCC danced pregame.  Looked like a couple of the girls in the back (visitor's side) almost got run over by a player practicing or someone throwing the ball.  I'd be quite irritated! 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

I was just on Youtube looking for something and had this video "suggested".  Not sure how old it is.  I didn't realize that the players (both teams it looked like) were on the field warming up when the DCC danced pregame.  Looked like a couple of the girls in the back (visitor's side) almost got run over by a player practicing or someone throwing the ball.  I'd be quite irritated! 

This is 3 weeks old !!! But yes kickers are always on the field warming up getting ready for kick off 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
54 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

This is 3 weeks old !!! But yes kickers are always on the field warming up getting ready for kick off 

There's a video out there (somewhere) were a player kicks one of the girl's poms before they do the kick line. I think it might been Sydney but I'm not sure.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

That would have been something interesting they could have mentioned on the show. Along with just getting the intro/dance perfect, you have to be aware of the players on the field with balls flying all over the place! Lol 

At the last preseason game I saw a clip of two raiders players and a coach running down the field to get out of their way 

• Love 1
On 8/30/2023 at 11:22 AM, dariafan said:

I really loved Billy, the colorist at Halcion.  I loved what he did for Starr Spangler in the 2 hr special, what he did for Zoe (S4), and ESPECIALLY what he did for Kaime (S4).

I have no idea how that woman Jennifer even had a job as a hairstylist because she looked like crap and what she did to Loren (S9) looked …😑.

Edited by StepKickClunk
  • Like 4