Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

Watching season 8 and wondering how the hell Ashley Nicole made it with her kicks. And then managed to make show group the next two years. The only time her kicks were mentioned was at finals, then nothing, and it's not like they got amazingly better over the years.

On 2/18/2021 at 2:03 PM, DCCOracle said:

I wonder if Jordyn ever spoke out about that later experience and shared her thoughts on how she thinks her audition went.

Seems like they have an increasingly yucky attitude towards girls that were previously DCC and then return later to try to earn their spot back. I thought that blonde Jenna looked the part when she attempted her comeback, but they seemed so over her. That "past her expiration date" that was made (Jay, I think) back when Kristin Hagar and Carrie SG tried out again always sticks in my head. I don't get the contempt and disregard they show for some former DCC.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Meleighsa said:

Seems like they have an increasingly yucky attitude towards girls that were previously DCC and then return later to try to earn their spot back.

Whitney Ott left the squad and made it back in 2005.  It was a positive story for the 2 hour special.  Erica Perry was cut after her rookie year and made it back in the 2006 season, but there was no mention of that.  Now it seems to be more of a storyline for a former DCC to try to make back on the squad, but it hasn't happened since Erica.

• Love 4

Someone mentioned that Melissa W tried out previously, (season 7) - but she didn't make it because of weight.  I remember that person saying she saw a clip of Melissa sitting by Jasmine - so, when that never ending season is on I always try and spot her.  Has anyone else spotted her?

19 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

I wonder if Jordyn ever spoke out about that later experience and shared her thoughts on how she thinks her audition went.

Seems like they have an increasingly yucky attitude towards girls that were previously DCC and then return later to try to earn their spot back. I thought that blonde Jenna looked the part when she attempted her comeback, but they seemed so over her. That "past her expiration date" that was made (Jay, I think) back when Kristin Hagar and Carrie SG tried out again always sticks in my head. I don't get the contempt and disregard they show for some former DCC.

I don’t think Kristen Hager or Carrie Griffiths came back very strong   But Jenna did 

3 hours ago, dariafan said:

I don’t think Kristen Hager or Carrie Griffiths came back very strong   But Jenna did 

I thought Jenna was strong and beautiful.  I didn't like her outfit, though.  It was peach maybe and had no support in the chest.  It made her look saggy and soft (which I am sure she wasn't!) but I wondered if they thought she looked old because of that.

I'm watching season 2 right now on Pluto where Melissa Rycroft supposedly had mono "last week." As someone who has had mono, I find that very unlikely. #1. She would still be VERY contagious (at least for 2 months), #2. There would be absolutely no dancing for at least 2 months for her spleen to go back to normal size - otherwise she would be at risk of it rupturing. My doctor said no strenuous exercise for a year. #3. She would not have the energy to dance, at all, let alone well, for several months even after her fever was gone and her spleen was back to normal. I love Melissa, but give me a break. She did not have mono. No doctor would have allowed her into training camp with it. And you do not get over it in a week.

4 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

Kalyssa .... yikes 😬 

46718050-31AC-4D87-9397-B119A9B882C7.jpeg

Sigh, she was naturally stunning and now she looks like a 45 yo castoff from the Housewives, i'll never understand. Girlfriend needs some self worth... 

• Love 8

I'm watching season 9 right now and just saw Erica's introduction. Her child/teen picture look so much like Erica who was called out for dancing in a younger age group on Dance Moms! I know DCC Erica grew up in Texas and is a little older than that Erica would've been, but every time I see those pictures I feel like it's the same person...

• Love 2

I have this observation every time I see the end of season 8, but I just have to share it. Brittany Schram can't participate in the first game because she has herniated discs in her back. As someone who has suffered from herniated discs in the past (though in my cervical spine, not lumbar spine), I can attest to how absolutely teeth-clenchingly painful it is. (I used to wake up in pain in the middle of the night and cry.)

Brittany cannot dance even a little. And yet, there she is, in the matching sports bra and booty shorts with an ice pack shoved down her pants (been there, girl!) standing on the sidelines watching. While I almost understand why the DCC would need to come to rehearsals when sick or injured, so they can keep up with the material, why the hell are they making Brittany "dress out" (as we used to say in gym class) while she's in obvious pain from an injury during the rehearsal of a pre-game performance that she's done for two entire seasons at that point? Like sure, team unity or whatever, but seriously? I'm not a doctor, but it seems like making her drive to Valley Ranch, take the team bus to the stadium, watch rehearsal and then sit in the locker room for the whole game would make her injury WORSE and not speed recovery for her to be an active member of the team.

All that say, I respect the hell out of Schram because I could not have done it! It was hard enough for me to go to work every day and I have a desk job!

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I have this observation every time I see the end of season 8, but I just have to share it. Brittany Schram can't participate in the first game because she has herniated discs in her back. As someone who has suffered from herniated discs in the past (though in my cervical spine, not lumbar spine), I can attest to how absolutely teeth-clenchingly painful it is. (I used to wake up in pain in the middle of the night and cry.)

Brittany cannot dance even a little. And yet, there she is, in the matching sports bra and booty shorts with an ice pack shoved down her pants (been there, girl!) standing on the sidelines watching. While I almost understand why the DCC would need to come to rehearsals when sick or injured, so they can keep up with the material, why the hell are they making Brittany "dress out" (as we used to say in gym class) while she's in obvious pain from an injury during the rehearsal of a pre-game performance that she's done for two entire seasons at that point? Like sure, team unity or whatever, but seriously? I'm not a doctor, but it seems like making her drive to Valley Ranch, take the team bus to the stadium, watch rehearsal and then sit in the locker room for the whole game would make her injury WORSE and not speed recovery for her to be an active member of the team.

All that say, I respect the hell out of Schram because I could not have done it! It was hard enough for me to go to work every day and I have a desk job!

I didn't even think about all of that. Reading your post clarifies one more bizarre thing about the world of DCC.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I agree that she didn't need to "dress out" but we've also seen others do that when they were injured or otherwise couldn't perform.  I hope they at least get paid for showing up!

Brittany did song the National Anthem at that game, though, so her being there with the DCC at least makes some sense.

• Love 2

am i crazy or are there two lindsays who look eerily similar? there's one who's brunette—lindsay waldrop—kind of thicker. and the other one is lindsay something, blonde, a season 13 tcc...are they the same person? am i crazy? the world may never know

• Love 2

also i always lol when i see season 4 auditions and they follow 'jennifer hernandez' and give her a two-minute segment about being an army wife and mom and then she doesn't even make it to semis lol. what was the point? after the segment we see judy saying she wishes jennifer could dance lmao. just bizarre

• Love 6
20 hours ago, vanillagum said:

am i crazy or are there two lindsays who look eerily similar? there's one who's brunette—lindsay waldrop—kind of thicker. and the other one is lindsay something, blonde, a season 13 tcc...are they the same person? am i crazy? the world may never know

You are not crazy and there are two "Lindsays" who have the same vibe but are two different persons:

• Lindsey Waldorp
  • Lindsay Brady
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

You are not crazy and there are two "Lindsays" who have the same vibe but are two different persons:

• Lindsey Waldorp
  • Lindsay Brady

omg thank you!!! they look so similar!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Ack !!!!  The fake crying. Or at least trying to make your self cry ....       Vivian.   Courtney    .....but still wish they could have tried to make the uniform work for Megan.  I mean it’s custom made.  Something could have been done    Hers just might not have been a continuous Wedgie 

Edited by dariafan
Needed to clarify a thought.
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, dariafan said:

I liked Morgan’s face in her pregnancy weight pictures.   Her makeup was too harsh.   Her eye make up color choices were not good for her 

Her foundation always looked ashy to me, like she used too much green primer to counteract redness.

• Love 1

RaeLynn is adorable and a great country artist, but she was not a good choice to bring into a practice. Aside from when she was asked a specific question, all of her comments (at least the ones shown) were about trivial things, like Christina's hair and Lauren's abs, and never about the actual dancing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 3/7/2021 at 6:25 PM, dariafan said:

.....but still wish they could have tried to make the uniform work for Megan.  I mean it’s custom made.  Something could have been done    

It wasn't the uniform, she looked spectacular in it from the thighs up....her legs were too short and even though she managed to pare them down her lower leg was too short for the boots

23 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

It wasn't the uniform, she looked spectacular in it from the thighs up....her legs were too short and even though she managed to pare them down her lower leg was too short for the boots

Which is Crazy bc there are several ladies on the squad now that are shorter then Megan was 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Which is Crazy bc there are several ladies on the squad now that are shorter then Megan was 

It depends on the body proportions.  Some, like me, are on the shorter side (5'3"), but short waisted with longer legs.  In this scenario, the uniform and boots can work.

image.png.3a6525208ebb99602ae3b657479ec8d0.png

Edited by go4luca
ETA picture
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

It depends on the body proportions.  Some, like me, are on the shorter side (5'3"), but short waisted with longer legs.  In this scenario, the uniform and boots can work.

I'd almost say those boots are more unforgiving than the uniform. A short let, no matter how tall, lean, perfect the girl is otherwise, is not going to look good in that boot. I think long torso short leg would be the worst for the overall look because the proportion will be way off and the legs will look very stumpy. 

That's not to say they would never take a short legged girl, but that girl would have something else unique to offer to make up for it. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I'd almost say those boots are more unforgiving than the uniform. A short let, no matter how tall, lean, perfect the girl is otherwise, is not going to look good in that boot. I think long torso short leg would be the worst for the overall look because the proportion will be way off and the legs will look very stumpy. 

That's not to say they would never take a short legged girl, but that girl would have something else unique to offer to make up for it. 

I agree on the boot and visibility of leg.  The short, stumpy legs do not look good in the boots.

As for the long torso, shorter leg, Tara's body type was a perfect example showing this.

taraszy_1503177755_2_PT.jpg

• Love 5
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

image.png.3a6525208ebb99602ae3b657479ec8d0.png

Yep. Jenna is a good example of this. She is short in terms of height but has a short waist and long legs, so the boots looked fine on her. Amy is the opposite in terms of body type- long torso, short legs. Lucky for her, she is a bit taller, so the boots still didn't swallow her legs.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

"Oh no, the boot swallows her legs!" Puhlease.

I completely agree! They're boots, not some special snowflake piece of clothing. If anything, I think the boots are too tall.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Oh who cares! The uniform can look good on anyone.

"Oh no, the boot swallows her legs!" Puhlease. 

It's custom made, but yet they can't make one to fit a talented dancer with an alleged thutt.  Miss Lisa was probably thinking what's the big deal???

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 3/13/2021 at 11:11 PM, Holly85 said:

I know, it's bizarre...but it's all about proportion...Vivian's LOWER leg (below the knee) is proportionally shorter than her thigh...Tara's proportions are better, as were Mackenzie Lee's...and Mackenzie barely made the team.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

If anything, I think the boots are too tall.

That is why they swallow the short legged girls legs.

Are the boots custom made in a way that they could adjust the shaft to the leg it is for, like, instead of making all the boots the same shaft length make them so they fall at the same spot on each girls leg. I've never paid that much attention, I just know that some of the shorter legged girls just don't look great with the boots on. 

I think when they were the older more "go go" boot it wasn't as bad because they were tapered and more fitted to the leg, but the cowboy boots are a lot more straight up and down which just doesn't look as good to my eye. They look chunkier in general.  I get why they went with an actual cowboy boot, they are the Cowboys after all, but given the uniform they wear I liked the other boots better. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

That is why they swallow the short legged girls legs.

Are the boots custom made in a way that they could adjust the shaft to the leg it is for, like, instead of making all the boots the same shaft length make them so they fall at the same spot on each girls leg. I've never paid that much attention, I just know that some of the shorter legged girls just don't look great with the boots on. 

I think when they were the older more "go go" boot it wasn't as bad because they were tapered and more fitted to the leg, but the cowboy boots are a lot more straight up and down which just doesn't look as good to my eye. They look chunkier in general.  I get why they went with an actual cowboy boot, they are the Cowboys after all, but given the uniform they wear I liked the other boots better. 

I vote for ankle boots, they make everyone's legs look great! Although then Kelly would start complaining about "cankles" wouldn't she.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Although then Kelly would start complaining about "cankles" wouldn't she.

The reason I found her whole "cankles" thing ridiculous is that it's the one part of their body that is fully covered so as long as she can get the boot over her "huge cankles" no one would ever know. While "thut" was equally ridiculous, it is a part of the body that is exposed in the glorified underwear they call shorts, but no part of the ankle is at all seen in those boots. Unless your ankle goes up to your knees that should be the one part of your body that doesn't really matter beyond being strong enough to support you in turns and tumbles. And I would think a cankle would be good and strong so that should be seen as an asset. Just one of the many arbitrary, made up things they use to make fun of the girls they don't want on the team. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/12/2021 at 11:11 PM, fozzen said:

Wonder if she's lost her fake English accent yet. So annoying.

It wasn't fake. She lived there for 10 years and picked it up. It's the same as someone from Cali moving to NYC for a decade, their accent will change. 

• Love 13
On 3/14/2021 at 5:24 PM, go4luca said:

I agree on the boot and visibility of leg.  The short, stumpy legs do not look good in the boots.

As for the long torso, shorter leg, Tara's body type was a perfect example showing this.

taraszy_1503177755_2_PT.jpg

That picture absolutely amazes me, comparing where their hips are you'd think Savannah would be MUCH taller than Tara, yet they are the same.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Are the boots custom made in a way that they could adjust the shaft to the leg it is for, like, instead of making all the boots the same shaft length make them so they fall at the same spot on each girls leg.

I guess they don't bother, that would be so much more costly & since they get the boots before the final team is announced, why bother spending so much when there are still cuts to be made.

15 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I vote for ankle boots, they make everyone's legs look great!

I think boots like the Rangerettes wear would be perfect, nobody's legs are "swallowed" and no cankles!

image.thumb.png.9d6dcf9b4618456aaaf8329f92a03617.png

14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

The reason I found her whole "cankles" thing ridiculous is that it's the one part of their body that is fully covered so as long as she can get the boot over her "huge cankles" no one would ever know.

Like Rams Lacey having too muscular upper arms...the uniform has long sleeves!

12 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

It wasn't fake. She lived there for 10 years and picked it up.

I went to school with someone in an exchange program in Australia for 6 months, and she returned with an "accent." 🙄 I thought Colby's was faint enough that it seemed real. Plus, I can't stand how she was treated, I think she seems like a really nice person.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I went to school with someone in an exchange program in Australia for 6 months, and she returned with an "accent." 🙄 I thought Colby's was faint enough that it seemed real. Plus, I can't stand how she was treated, I think she seems like a really nice person.

right? i have a soft spot for colby for some reason, so when people on here constantly drag her i get kind of annoyed. people act like she was such a terrible person...if the worst thing you can say about her is she has a questionable accent, meh. she seemed sweet and nice. kelli was such a you-know-what to her, it was disgusting. i thought she was pretty and upbeat. she could've benefitted from thicker eyebrows for sure, but whatever. 

it's actually even more frustrating knowing how many girls on the squad get plastic alterations—that's all good and fine, but if it's someone kelli doesn't like, she makes fun of them. colby handled it with such grace.

the fact she was 31 and going for it was admirable. if you thought she was that bad a candidate, why invite her ALL THE WAY TO FINALS to begin with? god. i also thought it was weird how they emphasized how 'underweight' she was, when 1) she didn't look that different from everyone else to me, and 2) kelli literally wants the girls to be underweight, based on the arbitrary ass number she gave courtney in season 9.

it's hard to watch the distaste TPTB had for 3 out of 4 of the fan vote winners. the only one they were okay with was loren. i feel like jackie and colby never got a real chance. she really didn't like them for some reason. vivian would've been fine to make the team in season 8, but they disliked her. every time i watch season 8, i feel bad for vivian. she's so fit, but gets crapped on for just not being skinny enough despite it. at one point judy says she doesn't like watching vivian, because 'there's something raunchy about it.' why, because she's not underweight? i guess shaking your ass in booty shorts is acceptable and 'wholesome' only if you're a blonde twig.

and she came back in season 9 even slimmer despite it. she was a bit of a loon in season 9, but the whole process would make me crazy, too. especially since i always hear that she lost the weight in unhealthy ways for season 9. yeah, i bet. i follow vivian on insta and she's been way bigger in recent years. i totally get the weight struggle, so no shame for that, but it's crazy how much work goes into being dcc size for most people. it's not easy, and for many, super unsustainable. i can't imagine how hard she was working at the time. 

this turned into a novel but anyway #justiceforcolby

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I guess they don't bother, that would be so much more costly & since they get the boots before the final team is announced, why bother spending so much when there are still cuts to be made.

I think boots like the Rangerettes wear would be perfect, nobody's legs are "swallowed" and no cankles!

I was watching Colby's season the other day while working, it pisses me off every time the way Kelli treated her, its like she legit didn't like her I attribute it to Colby prob reminded Kelli of someone in her life that she didn't like bc she truly seemed like a doll to me. It was infuriating the puss on Kelli's face with such disgust. And i couldn't wait to see Colby have her "breakthrough moment" she was just so sweet and pretty and her figure, wow! 

• Love 11